PDA

View Full Version : A sad day in cricket

G'day Mate
November 26th, 2014, 10:38 PM
One of Australia's batsmen has died after being struck in the head by a high-bouncing ball on Tuesday in a state-level match. In a sport where players regularly get hit on the head by a rock-hard ball it's actually a freak accident - the ball managed to get him in just the wrong spot on the back of his head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIRo5Z1Rnz0

Cricket balls are fairly similar to baseballs, but heavier and much harder.

Dicknose
November 27th, 2014, 02:15 AM
At that level all players wear a helmet when they bat. Seems this one missed the helmet, probably due to him turning his head away and a lot of bad luck.
He was in a coma for a couple of days.

Very sad, quite scary.
I play and don't wear a helmet. The speed of the ball at my level is a lot less. And I usually try to avoid the ball rather than hit it with the bat. But scares me to think that could be me or someone I play with, not just some guy in the tv.

Phil, I enjoyed your style of play and the way you looked like you were having fun.
And my thoughts are with your family and mates in the game.

Yw-slayer
November 27th, 2014, 02:17 AM
It's a pity that it wasn't Shane Warne. That motherfucker should have gone first.

Rare White Ape
November 27th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Trashy women's mags would have gone out of business in the early 00s if it wasn't for that cunt.

G'day Mate
November 29th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Less than a week later, an Israeli umpire has been killed after being struck in the jaw by a flying ball! :(

Dicknose
November 30th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Test match has been postponed.
I'd put in for a day off work to watch it. Hmm now I got a free day.