PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Challenge

Dango_GTBN
December 4th, 2014, 08:04 PM
I've run Sierra a few times and meanwhile like the track. I was hoping to get people to run the Sierra Challenge to get a friendly competition going. If anyone still spends time with GT6 that is.

Of the 4 challenges that I've golded only the Fiat Abarth run is a half way decent attempt, so let's start with that. It's a good way to learn the track with unlimited attempts, too.

This is not restricted to my old GTBN buddies: friend me at PSN (Dango_GTBN) and check the leaderboard. Use this thread for discussion on strategy and tips/hints.

Beware of player2 though, he'll no doubt put up an obstacle at the start/finish line. Oh no, wait, he IS the obstacle! :P

Fast As Possible
December 6th, 2014, 07:39 PM
I have been meaning to get back to some GT6 again. The online lobbies always suck though. :o

SkylineObsession
December 7th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Latest update introduced clubs, so you know the people you race with each time instead of randoms.

^^^Heavily abbreviated description of the new feature. ;)

pl8ster
June 11th, 2015, 06:28 AM
I've picked up GT6 again lately and have been attempting the last Sierra Challenge with the GT-R. I don't know that I've ever sworn so much in my 45+ years on this earth. Gold is 1,200,000 and I'm at something like 1,182,000.

Kchrpm
June 11th, 2015, 06:30 AM
From a non-GTer, what is a Sierra Challenge (in theory, and in execution).

pl8ster
June 11th, 2015, 09:51 AM
In theory, it's a time trial on a 27km fictional track in Spain.

In execution, it's a little over 8 minutes of hell in a Nissan GT-R on a rainy track filled with psychotic AI vehicles that you have to pass in order to gain time bonuses.

SkylineObsession
June 13th, 2015, 03:07 PM
I got 2.9m on that i think, so it isn't impossible.

Frustrating, oooohhhh yes... But worth it.

pl8ster
June 15th, 2015, 08:37 AM
I just eked it out with 1.4m - but I had a combo of 50+ going and could definitely see doing that again.

Rare White Ape
June 19th, 2015, 12:31 AM
From a non-GTer, what is a Sierra Challenge (in theory, and in execution).

It's the ultimate expression of the Real Driving Simulator.

One day it'll be a proper racing game.

neanderthal
August 24th, 2015, 11:20 PM
In theory, it's a time trial on a 27km fictional track in Spain.

In execution, it's a little over 8 minutes of hell in a Nissan GT-R on a rainy track filled with psychotic AI vehicles that you have to pass in order to gain time bonuses.

Brilliant description.

I've had this game for about a week now, and this is so far the most infuriating thing i have encountered. The AI vehicles are not much more than kamikaze rolling roadblocks.