PDA

View Full Version : Ride - New Open Road Motorcycle Racer

Kchrpm
December 5th, 2014, 06:02 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/12/04/bandai-taking-motorcycles-out-for-a-ride-in-spring-2015/?ncid=rss_truncated

Ride is being developed by Milestone Srl, an Italian studio credited with work on the MotoGP and MXGP motorcycle racing series.

PS4/PS3/XBO/X360

novicius
December 5th, 2014, 06:27 AM
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: #spurt

21Kid
December 5th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Just realized that we don't have the :jizz: face any more. :lol:

novicius
December 5th, 2014, 07:26 AM
http://cdn3-i.hitc-s.com/220/1417728661_ride_1_105046.jpg

Players will be able to choose from over 100 motorcycles to ride across various tracks spanning the world of motorcycling. (http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/12/05/bandai-namco-to-publish-ride-gran-turismo-for-bike-enthusiasts/page/1/)

Bandai Namco have announced motorcycle racing simulator Ride, which is being developed by Milestone s.r.l, the team behind the MotoGP series. The game will feature various options to customize both riders and bikes. Over 100 bikes across many manufacturers will be available to ride on tracks through the country, cities, and historical locations from the world of motorcycling

Four different categories of bike racing will be available - Superbikes, Supersports, Naked, and Historical.

Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Bandai Namco Chris Gilbert said: "With Ride, Milestone has captured the quintessential motorcycle racing experience, with a huge selection of bikes, tracks and customization. "With so much content, coupled with true-to-life racing simulation, motorcycle fans will finally have the next-gen racer they’ve been waiting for, and gamers of all stripes can experience the adrenaline rush of the redline."

The game will be playable during this weekend's PlayStation Experience in Las Vegas.
Sounds like mostly track time racing -- is it really going to be open world? A Forza Horizon 2-esq experience with motorcycles would be killer (to me and, like, 7 other gamers in the world... :assclown: ).

21Kid
December 5th, 2014, 08:59 AM
I think there would be more than that just on this board. :D But, it sounds to me like they mean on tracks around the country, city, and historical locations. They mention tracks multiple times. :(

lostnight
December 5th, 2014, 09:14 AM
About freakin time, whoo-hooo!!!! Now let's hope it doesn't suck.

Kchrpm
December 5th, 2014, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry, I saw the picture and thought it was on an open road, I didn't see any other info.

21Kid
December 5th, 2014, 11:40 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/12/04/bandai-taking-motorcycles-out-for-a-ride-in-spring-2015

Press release is at the bottom...
RIDE offers an intense and incredibly deep racing experience with more than 100 bikes from the world's most popular manufacturers, along with a diverse selection of circuits that range from city, country, and historic tracks from the world of motorcycling.
"With RIDE, Milestone has captured the quintessential motorcycle racing experience, with a huge selection of bikes, tracks and customization," said Chris Gilbert, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. "With so much content, coupled with true-to-life racing simulation, motorcycle fans will finally have the next-gen racer they've been waiting for, and gamers of all stripes can experience the adrenaline rush of the redline."
It would be awesome if it were open world though. :D

speedpimp
December 5th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Wonder if it will have a "Build Your Own" mode.

Reynard
December 5th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I have the demo of their MXGP game and I like it a lot.

Rare White Ape
December 5th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Their MotoGP games are terrible. I'm interested, but only a wee bit.

Darius
December 8th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Just give me motorcycles in Horizons 2.

lostnight
January 25th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Looks like March 20th worldwide release date across the platforms.

Ali
March 30th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Rather enjoying this. Very old school in structure amd the PS4 graphics look PS3, but the physics remind me of the old Climax games and there's genuine feel of weightvtransfer and tyres on tarmac. Worth a punt if you don't mind it resembling a game from5 years ago.

Rare White Ape
April 2nd, 2015, 05:45 PM
I'm playing the demo.

I'm struggling with the CBR600 but the Street Triple is flickable and fun to ride, like the real thing.

Of course my first task was to delete the mirrors/fender and put a neat little Zard pipe in it.

Should I buy it?

Mayyyybe.

lostnight
April 2nd, 2015, 08:09 PM
well maybe there is hope for this game then.

novicius
April 9th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Watched a few online vids. Meh.

Sadly, this Street Triple race shows only little of the life and lively nature of motorcycling. Also the AI are incredibly wooden. Helmet cam is just terrible -- where's the buffeting and vibrating? And then there's the sound...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpf-3QDcM5U

...yeah, pass. :down:

Rare White Ape
April 9th, 2015, 01:01 PM
What this game is proving to me is that we need a sequel to Tourist Trophy.

novicius
April 10th, 2015, 06:04 AM
What this game is proving to me is that we need a sequel to Tourist Trophy.
Welcome to 2008. ;)

Rare White Ape
April 10th, 2015, 09:22 PM
08 was great :up:

SkylineObsession
April 11th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Think i've watched some of this on Playstation Live on the PS4, and it looked horrible (riding physics) compared to Tourist Trophy which is the best motorbike game i've played so far.

M4FFU
February 10th, 2016, 01:58 AM
Anyone bother with this much? I picked it up cheap and played it a bit recently. The physics are on the side of arcade (pick a standard '92 blade and you can set it up to back in most corners which is quite fun) and the sounds are so-so, but it's ok.

It's pretty enough, but it does have a few flaws. The load times are frustrating. Now, I don't mind ~15 seconds, but we're talking anything up to a minute. Start race, end race, do something else, blink; a minute. It's ridiculous. Equally frustrating is no real sense of progression. There are different cups, but short of not having enough case (which is easy to acquire) bikes are largely available to buy and enter stuff with. Needs a more 'career' emphasis to keep you hooked. IT's got Donnington in it, which I intend to do a track day at this year, so it's good for learning, but if you've not bothered already, don't.

Godson
March 19th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Picked it up last night. Feels ok for ten bucks. I dunno.

I'll probably play it when I can't be out riding.

Godson
April 16th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Pick this back up. Starting to enjoy it a little. Pretty Arcadic but fun once you get past the learning curve

Kchrpm
June 9th, 2016, 06:33 PM
They released an all Ducati game for the 90th anniversary, 39 models.

8400RPM
October 31st, 2016, 12:42 PM
Ride 2 just came out a couple weeks ago in Europe, North America is supposed to get a Febuary 2017 release. Anyone have it yet?

It looks much improved over the original from the videos I've seen so far. More bikes, pretty deep customization, more tracks including Nordschleife, Ulster GP, Northwest 200. The physics look improved as well, with the bikes appearing livelier.

I was always tempted to get the first Ride, but the demo was so underwhelming that I never saw it cheap enough to actually purchase. I will probably get Ride 2 as soon as it releases here.

lostnight
April 16th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Any one get this? It looks like what I want in a motorcycle racing game.

novicius
April 17th, 2017, 04:19 AM
Watching vids of Ride 2, it's still waaay too smooth.

Mario Kart 8 has more life and vibrancy in the ride. :lol:

animalica
April 17th, 2017, 07:27 AM
The basic version costs 50 Euro on Steam, the complete version 90 Euro.
When the complete version is available for 20-30 Euro I would grab it.

The graphics and handling of Tourist Trophy combined with the bikes and career of Riding Spirits 1+2 and the Isle of Man track of TT Superbikes Real Road Racing that would be a dream.

lostnight
April 17th, 2017, 03:54 PM
That's what I'm thinking, looks pretty good, I feel like I want it, bit not for full price.

lostnight
April 17th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Watching vids of Ride 2, it's still waaay too smooth.

Mario Kart 8 has more life and vibrancy in the ride. :lol:
I watched some drag racing vids, and the front wheel looked a little too planted, not as challenging to keep it down like a beastly bike would be. I still like what I see in the game overall, though. Online racing looks more fun than racing the AI.

8400RPM
April 17th, 2017, 05:17 PM
I have it! Been playing it for a month or so on the Xbox One. I would say it's a worthy title but won't knock your socks off. Pretty much everything is done very well but not above anything you have played before.

I believe in drag mode it is focused on shift points only so they turn on the anti-wheelie for that, otherwise you definitely have to control acceleration in other modes to keep the front wheel down. I would say that the front end actually comes up a bit too easy but there are various degrees of anti-wheelie you can use in the settings.

It has plenty of bikes old and new, plenty of tracks although the fictional tracks are a bit too similar, and a pretty good amount of parts to modify your bike with including some race modifications on a select few bikes that are very nice.

Physics are very good and pretty realistic but a bit too forgiving for my taste. It allows you to brake a bit too much when leaning into a turn that you have overshot, kinda like Forza. Controls are very smooth and this allows some good close racing with the AI which I find rare in a bike game. The difficulty is quite high as I've had to turn it down to medium and sometimes easy setting to get the win.

Bikes are modeled superbly and are very detailed. The tracks and the lighting however are a bit too last gen but the plus side is that the game runs very smoothly. Lots of DLC has been released which are mostly just bike packs and are on the expensive side.

It has a cool rider editor that is pretty deep where you can adjust your riding position. Plenty of suits and helmets to choose from as well if you're into that.

Career mode is very Forza-like and boring but does take a long time to complete. There are mostly single races but they do have track days where you have to pass a certain amount of AI in the time limit and some cone challenges as well.

If you're looking for a Forza for bikes this is as close as it comes.

lostnight
April 20th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Thanks a ton for the detailed report, I'm sure I will be getting this.

animalica
April 21st, 2017, 03:37 AM
Sounds good. :)

lostnight
April 22nd, 2017, 03:08 AM
Bought it after work yesterday. Didn't get much playing time in, but bought my first bike. I chose the Honda NSR125, because a 125 two stroke little crotch rocket is different than what we can by in the USA. Ran my first race, came in 5th. Can't wait to play it more tonight.

lostnight
April 23rd, 2017, 04:30 AM
I spent my Saturday night at home playing this rather than going out to the bar for karaoke, my usual routine. Spared everyone's eardrums.

Money is coming in rather slowly at this stage. I have enough pumped into the NSR125 that it is winning me some races and earning a littllw bit of cash. The highlight for me was taking it to Nurburgring for a two lap race. I'm guessing not too many people run 125s there, but I found it enjoyable. I won by about 8 seconds. Finally had enough money for my second bike, a KTM RC390.

The RC390 is a single cylinder four stroke (thumper) sportbike. My first race was again a 2 lapper a Nurburgring because I just raced there, and it was familiar. I left it unmodded. I got matched up entirely against 250cc two stroke sportbikes. Seemed fair enough? Ehhh, wrong answer! The KTM was hopelessly outclassed power wise against the 2 strokes, and a third of the way through the first lap they were far enough ahead I couldn't even see their dust. I never wrecked or anything, and had lap times faster than I did in the NSR125, but I still came in last place by well over a minute. Found out last place gets you ZERO $$. Ouch.

I did some mods to increase horsepower to the RC390 and ran it at smaller tracks. It is still no match for the two strokes on the straights, getting easily pulled, but I found that I can use engine braking to carry more speed through the corners, making for some enjoyable and interesting racing. finishing midpack mostly. I going to have to do more serious mods to the RC390 for it to have a chance to win. Come to think of it, I think maybe the RC390 is the smallest displacement four stroke in the game so far. No Ninja or CBR 250s/300s in it yet.

The next bikes I want to purchase:
Yamaha MT07
Aprilia 450 SXV motard (twin cylinder!)
Kawasaki Z1000

Rare White Ape
April 23rd, 2017, 02:51 PM
You'll probably need a 600cc sports bike to match a 250 two stroke.

lostnight
April 23rd, 2017, 03:03 PM
You might be right. I was thinking a 1990s CBR250RR inline 4 would be a fucking awesome starting point to battle the pesky 250 2 strokes. That's a pipe dream though.

lostnight
April 23rd, 2017, 04:31 PM
My third bike is an Aprilia SXV 450. Oh yeah. I would so much love to own this in real life.

Well, acually the 550 SXV in real life. That is a rolling boner.

lostnight
April 23rd, 2017, 04:58 PM
Tried the motard tracks. One is flat, one had jumps. Don't like either one. I think there is another I haven't tried.

Rare White Ape
April 24th, 2017, 12:06 AM
You might be right. I was thinking a 1990s CBR250RR inline 4 would be a fucking awesome starting point to battle the pesky 250 2 strokes. That's a pipe dream though.

Yeah. There's no parity in engine size between 2- and 4-strokes. It's almost like bolting a turbo onto a little 2 liter engine and creating a rocket that matches V8s.

Those mid-late 90s 250s from Japan are still fast enough to keep a modern 600cc or even a 1000cc sports bike honest.

lostnight
April 24th, 2017, 07:40 PM
It is cool that you can really experience these engine differences in this game.

Freude am Fahren
June 18th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Just downloaded this the other day. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I love that it has a couple of Irish road courses. Wish is had Snaefell (IOM TT) though.

I noticed there's a "Miami" course too. Gonna have to check that out and see how accurate it is (probably not much).