PDA

View Full Version : Son got PS4, any 'volunteers' for friends?

Alan P
December 25th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Basically My Son got a PS4 for his Christmas and although he says most of his friends at School talk about XBone he's very happy with it. He has had delayed development and has been diagnosed with mild Asperger's so does get picked on at school by some of the other kids so I'm happy enough most of them won't be able to bully him online too. (Yes the school are aware and do what they can) He goes to a normal High School with additional Support so can easily hold a conversation etc.

Anyway, is there anyone on PSN that would be happy enough to send him a friend request or have kids that would play with him? He's not hugely into fast paced shooting games but he does have Destiny, The Crew, Knack and will likely get a couple more as his Birthday is on the 2nd of January. Bear in mind we're in the UK so while I don't mind requests from the American players there will be limited play time for him with them. Oh, he'll be 16 in January but doesn't cuss or swear, in fact he's very polite! Thanks.

While I'm here, any recommendations for games? He wouldn't enjoy CoD or Battlefield, not his type of game at all and please don't say 'GTA V' because I refuse to let him play it, mainly because of the language rather than the violence.

TheBenior
December 25th, 2014, 10:48 PM
My wife and I could add him, but I pretty much never play online, and the only thing my wife's been playing online has been Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. With that in mind, I don't even know our online IDs, but if you PM me, we could add him when I get home.

As for games, I got a good deal of enjoyment out of Shadow of Mordor, which is like Assassin's Creed+Batman Arkham+LotR. The Last of Us was quite an experience, but the violence and language can be pretty extreme. Lately I've been playing Far Cry 4, but that's also pretty adult, content-wise.

Yw-slayer
December 26th, 2014, 05:45 AM
I could, but I mainly only play Destiny, GTA and maybe Driveclub. The main problem is the time difference, otherwise I'd be more than happy to help.

Drachen596
December 26th, 2014, 04:53 PM
sorry don't have a PS4 and when i get worked up at games i have a small swearing habit(though my mic is generally muted).

maybe look at Little Big Planet for a game? i find them fun but then again i'm super amused at silly things.

Rare White Ape
December 26th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Maybe get on PS Plus and download some freebies. This month is a DC Comics sorta fighting game thing which I haven't tried yet and some apparently very good 2D stuff, which I also haven't tried yet.

And you'll find some good free to play games, one of which is War Thunder. I tried that but couldn't figure out how to configure the controls to just how I wanted them so I gave up.

I know that's not the best vote of confidence but you can't beat free and if you don't like them just do what Cam does and delete the pissing fuck out of them when you make your mind up.

Yw-slayer
December 26th, 2014, 10:08 PM
The Lego games?

Alan P
December 27th, 2014, 02:57 PM
He's had a PS3 so anything old that's multiplatform he's already played. He just got Drive Club so we'll see what happens.

TheBenior
December 27th, 2014, 05:08 PM
If he or anyone else wants to add us:

Me: thebenior
Wife: janellasaurus

Yw-slayer
December 28th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Yeah, he can add me - I'm (I think) YW-Slayer.