PDA

View Full Version : Things to be left in 2014

21Kid
December 31st, 2014, 12:16 PM
People being SLAMMED in the media.

I'm sick of reading reports that say someone SLAMMED someone else when all they did was say something about them. Mentioning a person in a topic is not slamming them. :mad:

novicius
December 31st, 2014, 12:34 PM
21Kid!!!1! #slammed

21Kid
December 31st, 2014, 12:35 PM
:mad:

novicius
December 31st, 2014, 01:25 PM
Ah well :) -- happy-haps, folks. I greatly enjoyed 2014, here's to a fun 2015! :toast:

speedpimp
December 31st, 2014, 03:48 PM
Not a bad year, minus the last two weeks were everything seemed to go to shit. Oh well, onward, upward and all that happy whore shit.

Rare White Ape
December 31st, 2014, 07:59 PM
I've got quite a list:

Selfie Sticks. Selfie Sticks can be left in 2014.

The media trying to find links in every little crime to bikies or terrorism.

Speaking of terrism, bogans/rednecks making the argument that halal food funds it.

The idea that being offended somehow gives you rights over the person or thing that offended you.

People saying "It's hot innit?" On hot days.

speedpimp
January 1st, 2015, 03:09 AM
I've never heard the "halal food funds terrorism" angle before. Good thing that Americans are too smart to fall for something like that. The article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2889707/Housewife-mother-three-believes-Halal-certification-goes-against-Australian-values-pushing-investigation-profits-fund-terrorism.html) is an interesting read. Ms. Smith is very easy on the eyes, but Sweet Baby Jesus is she an idiot.

lostnight
January 1st, 2015, 03:17 AM
Yeah, being a mailman, I hear "hot enough for you?" a lot. Along with:
"Cold enough for you?"
"Raining enough for you?"
"If those are bills you can keep them."
"Do you have my million dollar check?"

I try to be cool about it and humor them, unless they are serial offenders. After 20 years, my responses to these are almost robotic, they come out without thinking.

speedpimp
January 1st, 2015, 03:26 AM
Does that robotic response include a surprise bitch slap once every 5000 stupid questions.

One thing that kind of drives me crazy is being called "sir". That is the one thing that makes me feel old. When I'm called "sir" my standard response is "Don't call me sir. I pretend to work for a living." which usually gets a laugh.
I had that turned around on me about a month or so ago. I was making a delivery to a Golden Corral and their kitchen area is very tight. There were two ladies standing in front of me and I said "Excuse me, senora." I heard some talking in Spanish and then I was informed that she was a senorita and not a senora. She did this with her hands on her hips and then she turned and walked away. I felt like a fucking idiot. Heh.

speedpimp
January 1st, 2015, 03:37 AM
I wish the ringing in my ears would've stayed in '14.

lostnight
January 1st, 2015, 06:09 AM
Does that robotic response include a surprise bitch slap once every 5000 stupid questions.

One thing that kind of drives me crazy is being called "sir". That is the one thing that makes me feel old. When I'm called "sir" my standard response is "Don't call me sir. I pretend to work for a living." which usually gets a laugh.
I had that turned around on me about a month or so ago. I was making a delivery to a Golden Corral and their kitchen area is very tight. There were two ladies standing in front of me and I said "Excuse me, senora." I heard some talking in Spanish and then I was informed that she was a senorita and not a senora. She did this with her hands on her hips and then she turned and walked away. I felt like a fucking idiot. Heh.

Oops.

I wish we were allowed to bitch slap people on the job, not that I would want to do it often. Maybe just every once in a while, like 3 times a day.

Rare White Ape
January 1st, 2015, 01:13 PM
I've never heard the "halal food funds terrorism" angle before. Good thing that Americans are too smart to fall for something like that. The article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2889707/Housewife-mother-three-believes-Halal-certification-goes-against-Australian-values-pushing-investigation-profits-fund-terrorism.html) is an interesting read. Ms. Smith is very easy on the eyes, but Sweet Baby Jesus is she an idiot.

She doesn't get it.

Basically if Kraft wants to sell Vegemite to Muslims, it needs to be able to tell them that it is halal. Nothing has changed in the Vegemite making process, but they pay someone to certify it and place a logo on the packaging. The cost of doing this is totally absorbed by the increased sales through opening themselves up to a huge new market. And by huge new market, I refer to the ability to export to Indonesia and the Middle East, which is a pool of over a billion consumers.

They probably write-off this fee entirely and the end consumer pays nothing. The ONLY thing we should worry about is whether the slaughter of animals is compatible with our laws and values for humane processing. As I understand it, it is.

And she also says that some companies conceal their halal certification, as if Muslims are somehow able to know what they can buy and non-Muslims are not told this secret. Well duh.

speedpimp
January 1st, 2015, 01:23 PM
Heh. Like I said she's an idiot.

Godson
January 1st, 2015, 02:43 PM
Idiots.

This will be a tough task.

GB
January 1st, 2015, 07:57 PM
The idea that being offended somehow gives you rights over the person or thing that offended you.
This.

And Partisan Politics. And government corruption. (<------With us forever?)

tigeraid
January 2nd, 2015, 07:07 AM
My wife's concussion, I hope.

LHutton
January 2nd, 2015, 08:06 AM
YouTube adverts.

MR2 Fan
January 2nd, 2015, 01:06 PM
Fox News (and with the DirectTV dispute, their ratings are apparently dropping horribly)