PDA

View Full Version : Forza Motorsport 6

GreatScawt
January 12th, 2015, 03:50 PM
And the cover car is announced already: the new Ford GT.

http://youtu.be/o1djJDaPsno

I was just thinking about a new Forza Motorsport today... they got to 6 pretty quick ;)

Phil_SS
January 12th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Oof!

Was wondering when we would start this thread. Was thinkin about gettin Forza 5 during the holidays but figured it was only about 10 months til F6. Not like I can pick up 5 for $20. They still want like $35. I'll wait til they have the first full version on next gen for that price.

Excited, no doubt.

novicius
January 12th, 2015, 06:07 PM
Aww yiss! :up: :up:

Jason
January 12th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Oof!

Was wondering when we would start this thread. Was thinkin about gettin Forza 5 during the holidays but figured it was only about 10 months til F6. Not like I can pick up 5 for $20. They still want like $35. I'll wait til they have the first full version on next gen for that price.

Excited, no doubt.

$35 + $50 worth of DLC, or whatever, if you want a "complete" Forza 5, still... That's why I haven't pulled the trigger. If the GOTY edition actually included the DLC, I'd buy in.

I'll wait to see how they continue to nickel and dime customers before I judge Forza 6.

GreatScawt
January 12th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Agreed. If Forza 5 was dirt cheap I'd have bought it by now. I'm pretty excited for F6, even though the Horizon series has quickly become my preference.

Freude am Fahren
January 13th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Getting the Ford GT cover art is going to be a $5 add-on two weeks after release. You download and print a new insert.

Jason
January 14th, 2015, 02:42 AM
:lol:

Phil_SS
January 14th, 2015, 04:03 PM
$35 + $50 worth of DLC, or whatever, if you want a "complete" Forza 5, still... That's why I haven't pulled the trigger. If the GOTY edition actually included the DLC, I'd buy in.

I'll wait to see how they continue to nickel and dime customers before I judge Forza 6.

What is there to wait and see. Every Forza has been the same since atleast Forza 2. They release a game and then release car packs and track packs. It's gonna be exactly the same. What's important is what's in the base $60 game. Forza 4 had a ton of content, Forza 5 did the next Gen bloodletting to the schedule gods, so I would predict that Forza 6 will be equivalent to Forza 4 but Mo4r better graphics.

Jason
January 14th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Forza 5 released with a shitty microtransaction model in place, on top of stripping content, while doing their usual paid DLC of content they were already working on in the first place. Hence my "wait and see" opinion, as I feel like they have been getting worse with it... but, I'm just really against paid DLC in general, at least anywhere near launch where it comes off as a cash grab and not a significant expansion of a game.

GreatScawt
January 14th, 2015, 07:45 PM
I think Horizon 2 corrected some of those mistakes. They even have the option to "disable tokens". So they never push it in your face at all.

Jason
January 14th, 2015, 07:59 PM
I think Horizon 2 corrected some of those mistakes. They even have the option to "disable tokens". So they never push it in your face at all.

Excellent :up:

GreatScawt
January 15th, 2015, 04:44 AM
Plus they give you gobs of money through the game and the hub! So not much need for tokens. I wonder if Playground Games pushed that... if so, hopefully Turn10 learns for F6.

Phil_SS
January 15th, 2015, 06:04 AM
Turn 10 did the same thing about month after Forza 5 was released. They basically removed tokens and they changed the payouts to give players tons of money during the game. And then they released three track packs for free; The Ring, Long Beach and Road America.

They learned their lesson big time with Forza 5 and I would think that Forza 6 will be alot like Forza 4. FYI, Forza 4 had tokens also.