PDA

View Full Version : USC campus murder/suicide

Cam
February 5th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Some maniac killed a professor and then himself. :( :smh:

http://www.thestate.com/2015/02/05/3971438/2-dead-in-murder-suicide-on-usc.html?rh=1

Guns are awesome? :|

MR2 Fan
February 5th, 2015, 02:42 PM
'Murica

thesameguy
February 5th, 2015, 02:47 PM
He could have done it with a knife or a lead pipe. Crazies be crazy.

Edit: I have no issue with gun control. I'm just not sure it actually solves problems.

Freude am Fahren
February 5th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Yeah, generally, when someone purposely kills one or two others and/or themselves, I don't really blame the gun. High numbers and accidents are the problem with guns.

G'day Mate
February 5th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Guns do make the job easy though, especially if you snap and want to kill a whole bunch of people all at once.

Yw-slayer
February 5th, 2015, 05:44 PM
This has NOT escalated quickly!!

thesameguy
February 5th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Guns do make the job easy though, especially if you snap and want to kill a whole bunch of people all at once.

It's true, and I think there is sound logic behind the idea that if you really had to get in there and get bloody you might think twice, that guns abstract the violence and make it more palatable. Maybe not having a gun would have made this guy do nothing, or maybe he would have restricted his violence to himself or some non-human. But maybe he wouldn't have, or maybe he would have gotten a gun another way, or maybe he would have raped some chick or poisoned a water supply. It's all supposition, all what-ifs. If we're going to take peoples' guns away because people are stupid are shouldn't be allowed to have guns, or because it's 2015 and brandishing weapons is no longer necessary, or because we need the metal for something else I'm all about it. But taking peoples' guns away simply because we think it's going to have a meaningful effect on one-on-one violence, I'm not sure I'd throw my vote in that hat. Crazies be crazy. Taking their guns away won't stop them from being crazy, and it may not even stop them from hurting people. The only thing it will do is put a damper on them shooting people. There are a million other totally efficient and productive ways to fuck people up - up to and including obtaining a gun illegally or printing it at home.

Rikadyn
February 5th, 2015, 08:04 PM

so do metal pipes

Godson
February 5th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Cars turned into Mobil bombs. It isn't that difficult when you have 30 gallons of gasoline in the tank and space for other things explosive.

Rare White Ape
February 5th, 2015, 10:00 PM
It's fine to own a gun if you're a farmer or a hunter or a sportsperson and you have some real tangible reason to kill something.

But other than that, Jim Jefferies said it best: the only valid reason for owning guns is that they're awesome and shooting them is a lot of fun.

Any other excuse, be it 2nd amendment or for protection or anything else is utter bullshit, and anyone who argues in this fashion (for instance, the NRA) is having a massive lend of you and should fuck off.

Yeah. I'd love to own an arsenal of exquisite weaponry that I could throw into a car and drive out to the countryside for a weekend of killing feral pigs and cats and dogs, and I'd invent ways to launch empty vodka bottles into the air for a spot of target practice with gold plated AK47s and dual-wielded Uzis and etcetera.

But no!

It was ruined for us by one guy and my dream of a utopian future for Australia was taken away from me.

It's amazing that Murica keeps going through this but it still hasn't been ruined for the Merkins. Maybe that's why God blesses that country.

Rare White Ape
February 5th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Here's the Jim Jeffries piece I mentioned in case anyone wants to check it out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fP3HJVp3n9c

LHutton
February 6th, 2015, 01:30 AM
so do metal pipes
And chainsaws or driving a car into a bus stop queue.

Cam
February 6th, 2015, 05:15 AM
I mistakenly assumed it was a male shooter. Rumour says it was a female student.

LHutton
February 6th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Possible affair?

Godson
February 6th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Verbody knows bitches be crazy. This is just supporting evidence.

thesameguy
February 6th, 2015, 03:00 PM
It's amazing that Murica keeps going through this but it still hasn't been ruined for the Merkins.

What do merkins have to be worried about?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061119170026/uncyclopedia/images/3/37/Merkin_1.jpg

Cam
February 6th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Shooter was victim's ex-wife. Not a student.

LHutton
February 7th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Possible affair?

Shooter was victim's ex-wife. Not a student.
I think that answers my question.

Godson
February 7th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Pretty sure not having a gun wouldn't have changed this situation much.