PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 4

novicius
February 9th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Just opening up a thread to post thoughts, wishes and articles in.

::

Mass Effect 4: New Details Reveal its Massiveness, Possible Release Date and Nearly 200 Devs Engaged in Development. (http://www.ibtimes.co.in/mass-effect-4-new-details-reveal-its-massiveness-possible-release-date-nearly-200-devs-engaged-620860)

The post also reveals the nature of seriousness and urgency in BioWare as it has deployed nearly 200 developers who are engaged in the game's development, the number of developers has shot up since Inquisition. "There were about 50 or so devs on the game around when DAI shipped, that's since quadrupled in number," the post said.

He also revealed that the developers have already locked the title for the game. He said only the public calls it as Mass Effect 4, indicating that BioWare has a different name for this game.
Mass Effect 4 is in full production now and has been since the release of Inquisition. "It didn't enter full production until DAI was near complete," the post said. Shinobi602 looks confident that Mass Effect 4 will release in 2016, "It's 100% coming next year." It could be released in the 2016 Spring too. However, a definite release date for the game has not been "set internally."

Mass Effect 4's Mako vehicle may be customisable. (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mass-effect-4s-mako-vehicle-may-be-customisable-1486416)

Industry insider shinobi602 – who has a good track record with scoops and leaks – also stated that Bioware are "toying around with" the idea of the Mako being customisable. He also said the vehicle wouldn't have a cannon, as it is "meant to be a quick-deploy exploratory vehicle".

I'm not holding my breath that it'll be a free-roam open-world build-your-own-spaceship kinda game... but I am. :hard: #preparingfordisappointment

GreatScawt
February 9th, 2015, 03:00 PM
I AM EXCITE :up:

Cam
February 9th, 2015, 03:05 PM
After the Mass Effect 3 debacle, Bioware's association with EA and the departure of Bioware's original founders, I'm not sure I want to patronize their products.

novicius
February 12th, 2015, 06:16 AM
Mass Effect Online Producer Job Listing Suggests Expanded Multiplayer (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mass-Effect-Online-Producer-Job-Listing-Suggests-Expanded-Multiplayer-472908.shtml)

The information about the position comes from Chris Wynn, the senior developer in charge of the project, and there are comments from fans who are asking for more details about the online elements of the title, although none are offered.

The actual BioWare job ad says that the chosen developer will have to “Create and champion the vision of the multi-player, connected experiences and online features of the game which respects the project leadership goals and be accountable for the quality targets and the results achieved.”
WHIPPING BOY NEEDED. :lol:

21Kid
February 14th, 2015, 06:31 AM
I still enjoyed the heck out of ME3 and really like Inquisition a lot as well. It feels like they addressed a lot that was missing from the previous Dragon Age games. I'm really looking forward to the next Mass Effect game. :cool::up:

Alan P
February 14th, 2015, 09:29 AM
ME3 MP was quite good fun actually and they released plenty of free MP stuff. Whilst you could pay for upgrades you could also earn stuff in game, it just took longer.

Cam
February 14th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, I played the heck out of ME3 and liked it. I didn't even mind the disappointing ending... Then, they kept "improving" the multiplayer. By improving I mean making it buggy and more difficult by making it flat-out cheap. They placated the hardcore gamers by ostracizing the casual gamer, me. :rolleyes:

I know a guy that quit Bioware after ME3 came out. I hear it became an unhappy place after it was bought by EA.

Cam
April 4th, 2015, 06:55 AM
I've been playing Mass Effect 3 again in the past couple of days. Way back when, I was stoked to hear that Mass Effect 3 was going to have multiplayer. I had big hopes that it would be like Halo's multiplayer campaign. I was disappoint. However, I did have a lot of fun for a while playing ME3 multiplayer matches... Then they kept making it harder (cheap) to placate the hardcore players. It really turned me off.

I was quite surprised to find out there are still people playing ME3 multiplayer. It took me no time at all to get a full squad with Quick Match. It seems they've dailed back the cheapness.

ME4 better have multiplayer campaign. Of course, it will probably only be on Xbone. :(

Alan P
April 4th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Problem with a co-op campaign, the story, at least previously, revolved around a single character. I would absolutely LOVE a co-op campaign. I don't understand why it isn't more common these days. Other than the Borderlands games I think the last co-op campaign game I can think of is the last WW2 CoD game?

Yw-slayer
April 4th, 2015, 11:01 PM
Destiny sort of counts as having a co-op campaign.

Cam
April 5th, 2015, 04:06 AM
Problem with a co-op campaign, the story, at least previously, revolved around a single character.
A single character that always had two companions following.

Alan P
April 5th, 2015, 02:51 PM
True, but then you'll have the 'But I want to play as Shepherd!' whiners. Personally I'd love to play as Garrus or any other Turian.

21Kid
August 18th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Andromeda will be released in Q1 2017. During E3, we were told... Andromeda would take place "hundreds of years" after Mass Effect 3— and important choices made in Mass Effect 3 wouldn't impact the new game's players.

in an interview with Game Informer at this year's Gamescom, Söderlund acknowledged BioWare's Mass Effect series was one the publisher was carefully considering.

"What's changed is that there is proof in the market that people want it, maybe more than there was when we spoke," said Söderlund. "There were some that did it before, but I think there is even more clear evidence that this is something that people really want. The honest answer is that we are absolutely actively looking at it. I can't announce anything today, but you can expect us most likely to follow our fellow partners in Activision and other companies that have done this successfully.

I wouldn't mind playing through the entire series again. My ME3 game was less enjoyable because somewhere I lost my ME 1&2 game saves. So, my character creation, the people I saved, and choices I made didn't carry over. :(
It would be nice if they did something like BioWare did with Dragon Age, where you could pick your choices from the first 2 games and load them into the third, without having to completely play through it again.

21Kid
November 7th, 2016, 09:55 AM
OOOooohhh... :D I enjoyed playing MP ME3. I don't think I'd want to start all over though. :|

MASS EFFECT 2 AND 3 NOW BACKWARD COMPATIBLE ON XBOX ONE

novicius
November 7th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Nice! I'd be open to giving it a spin. :cool:

Cam
November 7th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Nice. I was recently craving some Mass Effect. I'll totally play some multiplayer. I have to buy the games again though.

Cam
November 7th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Only Mass Effect 1 is available for download at this time. :(

21Kid
November 7th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Should be today...

Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 are coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today. #HappyN7Day

Cam
November 7th, 2016, 12:16 PM
My problem is I can't buy them through the Xbone store. Although, the IGN article hints that there may be remasters of 2 and 3. Swapping discs in 3 was annoying.

Yw-slayer
November 8th, 2016, 04:22 AM
Should bought da PC version.

Alan P
November 8th, 2016, 04:53 AM
Should bought da PC version.

Amen brutha! AMEN!

Cam
January 14th, 2017, 05:31 AM
March 21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZfnVxzYHiM

novicius
January 15th, 2017, 04:21 PM
:up: :up:

Kchrpm
January 15th, 2017, 11:12 PM
I hope there's a demo, and I can get over whatever keeps me from being excited about these games. That trailer has lots of excellent stuff.

21Kid
January 16th, 2017, 05:27 AM
:shocker:

Yw-slayer
February 12th, 2017, 12:59 AM
I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition last night. Or rather, this morning.

Cam
February 12th, 2017, 03:48 AM
I have looked at it a couple of times, but have not pulled the trigger yet. I may soon.

Phil_SS
February 13th, 2017, 07:44 AM
My buddy Chris who is the biggest Mass Effect fan I know is holding off til he gets a Scorpio and a 4K TV.

I've never really played (I think I played the demo for ME3) the Mass Effect games. Mostly cause I can't stand 3rd person shooters. But the game does look amazing.

novicius
February 13th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Balls, I really need to sell my current monitor and upgrade to a 4K one before Scorpio drops. :| #work2play

novicius
March 8th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Mass Effect: Andromeda release date is March 21st, peeps.

21Kid
March 8th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Gah! I still haven't finished Witcher 3. :eek:

I'd normally wait to get ME:A, but I really liked the multiplayer in ME3, and people will probably be done with it if I wait too long. That's mostly what happened with Dragon Age Inquisition.

novicius
March 8th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Heh well the multiplayer I've seen of ME:A looks much more comprehensive than DA:I, so there is that. But they've got to be using the same game engine by now.

I've started to get back up-to-speed by watching Minimus GC's YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf_H1Z_MgIuHsbfGXHV4QBg/videos). Quality stuff. :up: :up: #nerds

EDIT: He covers the comparison in a vid, actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JZV-Rne6cg

21Kid
March 8th, 2017, 07:18 AM
Nice - I'll have to check that out later. Thanks. :cool:

GreatScawt
March 10th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Final trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6PJEmEHIaY

novicius
March 15th, 2017, 04:44 AM
:up: :up:

Less than a week! :rawk:

Cam
March 15th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Pre-ordered a digital copy today. It's already installing, 44 GB. It will unlock at 12:00 am on the release date.

novicius
March 16th, 2017, 05:29 AM
You might be able to play now, Cam. (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-andromedas-early-access-period-starts-/1100-6448746/) :cool:

Cam
March 16th, 2017, 05:34 AM
I saw Boda playing already. I just guessed he had bought the Super Uber Deluxe Prime Zenith Pinnacle Edition that allowed him to play early.

Edit: I cannot play it at this time.

21Kid
March 16th, 2017, 06:29 AM
I really want to get this game. But, with GR:W and Witcher 3, I don't know when I'll have time. :(

But, I really love the ME games.

novicius
March 16th, 2017, 07:39 AM
Fully agree, Kid. :lol:

I may have to let this launch date pass for a bit...

Phil_SS
March 16th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Boda probably has EA Access. My buddy Chris has it and he can play for 10 hours before the game is released. I guess every EA game is like that, it's a perk of EA Access.

Yw-slayer
March 16th, 2017, 03:35 PM
I did pre-order, but probably won't have time to play it until June. :lol:

novicius
March 17th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Argh! Then there's previews like this! (http://www.businessinsider.com/mass-effect-andromeda-impressions-2017-3/#dont-worry-there-are-no-emmajorem-spoilers-ahead-1) :D :up:

After a disappointing first few hours, I've fallen much more for "Mass Effect: Andromeda." Characters like Nakmor Drack above are part of why the "Mass Effect" series is so fantastic, and had me genuinely laughing and smiling — that's the real reason the series is so fantastic: emotions!

I remember characters like Mordin Solus from the original trilogy because he was so memorable. How could you not? That'd be like forgetting Egon Spengler from the Ghostbusters.

The "Mass Effect" series is so effective specifically because it traffics in smart storytelling, starring fully-developed characters. By the end of the my first 10-ish hours of the game, "Andromeda" got there. Here's hoping that trajectory continues!

Cam
March 17th, 2017, 09:21 AM
I'll be waiting for you guys in Andromeda when you're ready. :D

novicius
March 21st, 2017, 04:45 AM
So how is it, Cam? :lol: :up:

Cam
March 21st, 2017, 05:16 AM
I played it for less than an hour last night. There was a 770 MB update when I first turned it on. :rolleyes: I barely started the story, then played a tutorial in multiplayer. At it's core, it seems like ME3. The animation is not as polished as I thought it would be. I haven't played it enough yet to give a good review.

novicius
March 21st, 2017, 07:41 AM
Some good non-spoiler tips here: Ten Things I Wish I Knew When I Started 'Mass Effect: Andromeda' (https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/03/21/ten-things-i-wish-i-knew-when-i-started-mass-effect-andromeda/#2342f3b85e68)

Cam
March 21st, 2017, 09:45 AM
Had the game crash on me already after only an hour or so of play. That's not a good sign. Multiplayer is tough. My shields go down from a few hits and the bad guys are bullet sponges. Maybe I'm just used to having all the good weapons in ME3. Carnifex X FTW!

Yw-slayer
March 21st, 2017, 05:53 PM
Carnifex X FTW!

Ah, good times. :up:

Cam
March 22nd, 2017, 08:07 AM
OK, multiplayer is friggin' hard and I've only played on bronze. An entire clip from an assault rifle into a peon's face and he still doesn't go down. :erm:

It's flat-out cheap. Ascendant can shoot you through walls and teleport half-way across the map to insta-kill you while floating inside a wall. :rolleyes:

21Kid
March 22nd, 2017, 11:41 AM
Hopefully they patch it. They're usually pretty good at that.

Cam
March 22nd, 2017, 11:47 AM
Well, the enemies have been that way since ME3, so I do not have much hope it will improve.

Cam
March 22nd, 2017, 11:58 AM
It just froze on me again playing multiplayer.

So often, enemies are teleporting around and appearing seemingly out of nowhere. It's just as buggy as ME3. :rolleyes:

Yw-slayer
March 22nd, 2017, 04:28 PM
Early days, and so many things to do out there other than play video games. Not fussed.

GreatScawt
March 23rd, 2017, 05:31 AM
Those are some truly philosophical words on gaming from the man with 3000 games and no time to play them ever :lol: I'm kidding, I'm kiiiiddddiiinnnng :D

This was potentially going to be a day 1 purchase for me, but all this talk has brought me back down to Earth (lol). Mass Effect has always been my Star Wars, and it's a bit disappointing to see the critical feedback for this release. Listening to the Giant Bombcast, I think they hit the nail on the head: It's no coincidence this got released end of March. They must have had an ultimatum to hit the Q1 release. I'm hoping they can spruce the game up with a series of patches to bring the game in to it's intended release form.... and hopefully by then it'll have a few nice sales.

Yw-slayer
March 23rd, 2017, 06:20 AM
So like I said, early days and many things to do other than play video games. Thanks for agreeing with me. :D

Cam
March 23rd, 2017, 06:49 AM
So many things to do, like wasting time on an internet forum. :rolleyes:

M4FFU
March 23rd, 2017, 06:50 AM
Well, my copy turned up no the post today, but might not get around to installing/patching/yadda yadda till the weekend, or next week.

Miss ME. Hope this doesn't go all '3' on me tho!

Cam
March 23rd, 2017, 09:42 AM
Having spent significantly more time with multiplayer, I think I can give a better review. I have barely started story mode. :lol:

Fundamentally, ME:A multiplayer is nearly exactly the same as ME3 multiplayer. They essentially shined it up for Andromeda. I think most of the issues I have been having are related to lag. In games with good connections, it is mostly fine. I have determined that you are not necessarily supposed to win when you are low-level. You have to build up your experience, powers and weapons before you can start doing better. The game sometimes simply overwhelms you with enemies. Problems start occurring when the team is spread out across the map, as the game appears to spawn enemies practically on top of you. On one of the open maps, I watched enemies spawn within view. When you are matchmaking with randoms, they tend to run around like a scared rat on crack. Overall, I am enjoying it as much as I enjoyed ME3. I just have to hope for the best when I join random rooms. Ascendants are still super-cheap though. Right now, there is a disappointing number of maps; four, I think.

I think the best thing to do at the beginning is to purchase only Basic Packs. You can quickly get the base weapons up to level X. I already have the base assault rifle, pistol, sniper rifle and submachine gun (which is classified as a pistol) at X. I am at the point where I think I need to start buying the next pack up though to get different weapons and upgrades. I saw someone with Carnifex earlier. Many weapons are identical to ME3. Some have new names though. What was the Tempest is now the Charger, for example. I look forward to teaming up with some folks from here. :)

Boda Zen
March 23rd, 2017, 10:13 AM
Sorry I didnt join last night Cam. I got caught up in the story. Send me an invite if you see me on tonight.

Cam
March 23rd, 2017, 12:00 PM
I just looked at this game on Metacritic. Wow, so many bad reviews. :|

Yw-slayer
March 23rd, 2017, 04:41 PM
So many things to do, like wasting time on an internet forum. :rolleyes:

Takes 5 minutes a day to type stuff as a break. Can't do shit in 5 minutes in a game like MEA.

Cam
March 24th, 2017, 12:12 PM
So many crash-to-dash. :|

Cam
March 24th, 2017, 07:03 PM
MP matchmaking stopped working tonight.

I am disappointed that you can no longer use light weapons to get better than 100% recharge speed on powers. It was my favourite thing to create biotic and tech explosions every three seconds.

M4FFU
March 27th, 2017, 02:02 AM
Well, I had an hour on this on Saturday, figured I've give the gameplay ago. Whilst Bec reckoned the graphics looked great, I wasn't so sold. Beginning mission just feels like something out of 1 or 2. I know there's nothing drastic they would have done, I just adored the world and the characters from 1-3. I'd already not liked anyone in the game before I started, and my fondness for the characters hasn't changed thus far. Hey ho - it's always good braking first contact rules and shooting first.

(Have I missed a bit where I can become a biotic character, a la the first games, or am I not given the choice anymore?

Cam
March 27th, 2017, 04:50 AM
I got to choose "Adept" near the beginning. However, it looks like you can change your class any time, once you get a little farther into the game. Ultimately, I don't think it matters, as you can pick pretty much any skill anyway.

M4FFU
March 27th, 2017, 06:17 AM
Bum. I don't remember seeing that at all, and I've ended up as soldier, which is dull. Was it when you created a custom character, before starting the game?
Restart time...

Cam
March 27th, 2017, 06:56 AM
I don't quite recall, but you can unlock and change classes pretty soon into the game.

M4FFU
March 27th, 2017, 11:36 PM
It was in the character creation at the very beginning of the game. Wanted a biotic at the start, so started fresh, this time with FemRyder, who already has better lines than the chap.

Still makes me think of ME1...

Cam
March 29th, 2017, 04:01 AM
I encountered a huge boss that can shoot through rock. :rolleyes: After several unsuccessful tries to defeat it, I left it to go do something else. :thppt:

Yw-slayer
March 29th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Well, I spent about 15 minutes configuring my characters, and have played the first, say, 10 minutes of the game. :up:

M4FFU
March 29th, 2017, 11:32 PM
I've finally got onto the space ship. Jees, investigating some murder was dull. Anyway, I think the game can finally begin now :D

Yw-slayer
March 30th, 2017, 02:59 AM
I haven't even gotten OFF the Ark.

Cam
March 30th, 2017, 08:47 AM
I am pretty far in now. I am enjoying the game for the most part. The number of bugs is stupefying though. This game needed several more months of QA to iron out the glaring glitches. It is ridiculous that this game was released so unpolished. It is Knights of the Old Republic II all over again. There are lots of things to do; almost too much. Micro-managing inventory is annoying. It's great that you can craft items, but you do not have to. I've heard it called Mass Effect: Inquisition, and I think that is a fair comparison. Moving between planets, while pretty with it's animation and artsy shots, is ultimately clunky and a time waster, in my opinion.

Cam
March 31st, 2017, 07:47 PM
Did I mention the sheer number of glaring bugs? :|

EA and BioWare should be ashamed of themselves. :smh:

In their defense, I am entertained.

Cam
April 1st, 2017, 08:04 PM
I encountered a game-breaking bug last night. I had to reload my game from a previous save. :| Thankfully, it was not too far back.

Cam
April 1st, 2017, 08:32 PM
In other news, it is totally possible to play the game without researching or crafting. Although, a couple of the side missions require you to craft items. The game gives you pretty good gear as you go along. For example, I researched Black Widow, but I found two of them anyway before I had the chance to craft them. About the only thing I am crafting is N7 armour. I researched Carnifex, of course, but I found a few of them too. I have not found N7 gear. If you want to craft stuff, make sure you take full advantage of the mining zones. I crafted N7 armour V, but now I do not have enough resources to go to the next level. Alas, buying resources from a merchant is extremely cost-prohibitive.

It is very important to use cover during fights. Team mates are nearly invincible though, mainly because the enemies pretty much only attack you. You can defeat the large, non-shooting creatures, simply by running in a circle while your team shoots them.

More later.

novicius
April 3rd, 2017, 04:22 AM
Heh that's better than GR:Wildlands where your teammates will totally ignore enemies even if they're bumping into them! :lol: :up:

Cam
April 3rd, 2017, 06:37 AM
Quite often I will knock an enemy into the air with a biotic explosion, only to have my team mate snipe them out of the air. :lol:

Kchrpm
April 3rd, 2017, 06:43 AM
Quite often I will knock an enemy into the air with a biotic explosion, only to have my team mate snipe them out of the air. :lol:

Winner.

To be fair, I think the GR:W AI won't fire unless you tell them to open fire, or if they are fired upon.

GreatScawt
April 3rd, 2017, 06:51 AM
I heard that you cannot control squad powers anymore? So no setting up biotic blast combos.

If that's true, that's insane.

Cam
April 3rd, 2017, 08:03 AM
That's right. You can no longer control your squad's powers. You can also no longer get 200% power cool down by carrying lightweight gear, only 100%. :(

Cam
April 3rd, 2017, 12:51 PM
I finished the story. This is my take on it. I felt the overall story was interesting and combat is great; just what you would expect from Mass Effect. I mostly like the characters, but some were bland. Facial animation during dialogue was often twitchy and odd. Dialogue choices were mostly superficial; comedy option or serious option. It did not seem to matter in the long run which choice you made. Moral choices that did matter were mostly just black and white. There were many laugh-out-loud moments, which is great, but there is also loads of cringe-worthy, immature dialogue. I romanced Cora and the love scene is nearly pornographic, but also hokey. Romance options are contrived. I could nitpick all day long, but I was going for overall impressions. The bugs... oh man, the bugs. This is the most broken game I have ever played. If I was still a game tester, I could report hundreds of bugs in this game, several game breaking.

Ultimately, I enjoyed it, but it just doesn't have the magic of the original.

Cam
April 3rd, 2017, 01:14 PM
As a side note, I played male Ryder as an Adept. You can change your class in the game, but never did. It doesn't really matter anyway, as you can choose to put your skill points into any skill. You do get bonuses based on your class, however. I was getting bonuses to biotic skills as an Adept. Engineers get bonuses to tech skills, soldiers get bonuses to weapons, etc. Alas, you can only assign three skills at a time. I used pull and throw exclusively for biotic combos. Eventually, I had a drone.

Drack was my favourite companion. He's hilarious. Liam was uninteresting to me. I liked Vetra, but thought it would be weird to romance her. I went with Cora instead, despite the fact she was bland. I thought Peebee was annoying, but had causal sex with her, then dumped her when she wanted to get serious. Jaal was not bad, but his voice often grated on me.

M4FFU
April 4th, 2017, 04:38 AM
Neat, thanks Cam. The progress rate I'm working at, it'll be ages before I finish, but - despite it feeling like a refreshed original Mass Effect at times - I'm enjoying it.

Biotic all the way, tho'. Fear my pull. :D

Cam
April 13th, 2017, 06:27 AM
I think there is a problem with the balance when a melee attack does significantly more damage than a point-blank shotgun blast. :erm: I've been playing MP with the Krogan Vanguard. I don't even shoot my gun. I just use charge, then melee. Most times, it will eliminate a normal enemy, sometimes two, if they are standing next to each other. He's also nearly indestructible. Using Charge recharges shields (which I can use every four seconds or so) and he has Fortify (damage resistance). It's like they nerfed biotic and tech powers, but forgot to nerf the Krogan Vanguard. He's a killing machine. I haven't tried the other Krogan characters yet. Adepts have glass jaws and can't even use biotics as fast as the Vanguard can use Charge.

21Kid
April 13th, 2017, 02:46 PM
I'm sure they'll fix it eventually...

novicius
April 14th, 2017, 04:16 AM
I really wanted this to be The Game for me, Day 1 purchase and all -- but I got scared off by early reviews.

I'm sure I'll get it eventually but right now I've really got to buckle down and finish The Witcher III like it's my second job. :lol:

21Kid
April 14th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Same here. But, with other games. :lol: I finished the Witcher 3 already. :finger:

novicius
April 14th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Yeah you've quietly been ignoring GR:W!! :angry:

Denetti
April 15th, 2017, 05:43 AM
I just finished the single player campaign last night. I really like it, especially after the first patch came out. It fixed quite a few things. It's certainly not yet perfect, but it they fixed a lot in the first pass. I'm actually considering starting a second play-through; I don't usually do that with games.

What I'd love is the ability to easily replay certain events in the game; things like Liam's loyalty mission. Hunting for the right save is possible, it just takes time. The ability to name saves would be appreciated.

I haven't tried multi-player so far. I'll have to give that a try now.

Cam
April 16th, 2017, 03:18 AM
I just packed away my Xbone for the move, otherwise we could team up.

Yw-slayer
April 25th, 2017, 06:50 AM
GeForce Experience's optimised settings for my GTX970 are everything on low or off and resolution at 2560. Is this a ploy to get me to buy a 1070?

M4FFU
April 26th, 2017, 12:09 AM
Well, after a few hours of ME:A I've....bought ME1, 2 and 3 again and have started another play-through. I think I'm too much in love with the world and the characters that the first triology created, that nothing else is going to match my expectations and wishes. Guess I might pick up ME:A again soon, but I've got Saren to deal with for the moment!

Yw-slayer
April 26th, 2017, 08:01 AM
You mad, bro.

Cam
April 27th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Getting pretty tired of MP crashes. :|

Kchrpm
May 10th, 2017, 12:50 PM
http://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-montreal-downsized-mass-effect-put-on-1795100285

In the wake of BioWare’s polarizing Mass Effect: Andromeda, fans have wondered where the lauded sci-fi series will go next. The answer, according to people familiar with the studio, is nowhere—at least for the time being. BioWare has put Mass Effect on hiatus and turned Andromeda’s developer, BioWare Montreal, into a support studio, according to four sources close to the company.

The series is unlikely to end, but it will most likely be put in new hands as they try to right the ship.

Cam
May 10th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Typical. EA forces them to shit out a game, then get blamed for it being shitty.

After the Mass Effect 3 debacle, Bioware's association with EA and the departure of Bioware's original founders, I'm not sure I want to patronize their products.

Cam
May 12th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Deluxe edition is 40% off for the next few days.

Yw-slayer
May 14th, 2017, 04:04 PM
I should have just waited, given that I have only just gotten past the first MASSIVE SURPRISE in the game.

Cam
May 16th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Carnifex X is not what it used to be. :( I think the controls do not afford the precision they used to either. Maybe that's the problem. I feel like I can't headshot like I used to. *shrug*

Cam
May 17th, 2017, 06:17 PM
I think the Hornet is my new pistol.

Alan P
May 18th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Still not picked this up. I will eventually, just from what everyone has said I don't think it's worth the £30 most places still want for it. I'm happy to wait.

21Kid
July 6th, 2017, 06:38 AM
Just picked it up on sale. Played through the intro, so I haven't gotten that far into it.

Cam
July 6th, 2017, 10:34 AM
I look forward to teaming up in MP. :) There was just a big update for this game today.

21Kid
July 6th, 2017, 12:22 PM
I just downloaded a 3.9 gig update. :|

Cam
July 7th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Played MP on gold difficulty for the first time. It was insane. You need good team mates. Got a full extraction though, twice. :hard:

21Kid
July 7th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Hah. That ONE game we played together was fun. :lol: I figured they would have had the bugs out by now.

Cam
July 7th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Yeah, especially after three big updates. Something goes wrong at least once every time I play it. :rolleyes:

We'll try again soon.

novicius
August 9th, 2017, 10:53 AM
BioWare Montreal is no more. (https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/08/04/so-long-bioware-montreal-we-hardly-knew-you/#61054337fad9)

No layoffs (yet) but the studio workforce has been absorbed by EA Motive.

21Kid
August 9th, 2017, 02:29 PM
:( I was excited to see your name, Carlo... I thought you picked up the game.

Yw-slayer
August 9th, 2017, 10:38 PM
I am Farming using Strike Teams via the Apex app.

novicius
August 10th, 2017, 04:20 AM
Kid, I get excited every time I see YOUR name. :D

But no, no Andromeda for me this year. Maybe next year for supa-cheap.

21Kid
August 10th, 2017, 08:22 AM
I didn't know there was an APEX app. :lol:

Carlo: :(

Cam
August 10th, 2017, 10:05 AM
It is infuriating to see another studio effed by EA. :mad:

Yw-slayer
August 10th, 2017, 02:44 PM
I didn't know there was an APEX app. :lol:

That's pretty much all that I'm "playing" of this game. :lol:

Yw-slayer
August 15th, 2017, 07:10 AM
I'm managing about an hour or so every week. It's not bad, although it definitely lacks a bit of the charm of the original trilogy and feels a bit clunkier for some reason.

Rare White Ape
August 20th, 2017, 03:28 AM
Looks like and end to full support for Mass Effect: Andromeda.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/08/bioware-confirms-no-dlc-for-mass-effect-andromeda/

21Kid
August 21st, 2017, 07:51 AM
Kind of sad as I like the series... even if Andromeda wasn't my favorite.

I hope they re-release the first 3 in HD, as they had hinted at in the past.

Cam
August 21st, 2017, 09:56 AM
People don't want to buy a shitty product? Who knew?

Rare White Ape
August 22nd, 2017, 02:04 AM
Yep. The whole damn studio has been shuttered and absorbed into the rest of BioWare. If what I'm thinking is true, it's pretty harsh punishment.

It's a shame really, Mass Effect was a good series for the last gen of consoles. I was never really into it myself but I liked the games for what they were.

Hopefully it can come back in some way in the future.

Yw-slayer
August 24th, 2017, 05:54 AM
Killing and slamming aliens (preferably not the same ones) never goes out of style.

novicius
August 24th, 2017, 07:26 AM
BioWare Still Very Open To Working On Mass Effect In The Future (http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/08/21/bioware-still-very-open-to-working-on-mass-effect-in-the-future/)

Yes! I love #MassEffect too much to not want to work on it again in the future. Thanks for the support - it means everything to our team.
Tweet. (https://twitter.com/CaseyDHudson/status/899094294589341696)

Yw-slayer
August 27th, 2017, 06:47 AM
I'm well into the main storyline now. There IS something unsatisfying about this game compared to the last 3, and it's not character models or whatever. I can't really put my finger on it but I think it has something to do with the interface.

Cam
September 28th, 2017, 12:16 PM
This game is $25 on XBL right now.

21Kid
September 28th, 2017, 02:34 PM
I'm always down for MP if anyone is interested.

Cam
December 5th, 2018, 07:03 PM
I played this through again over the past few weeks. It has been long enough that I mostly forgot what happened in the story. I quite enjoyed it. Still plenty of bugs that will never be fixed. I hope to see a sequel someday, one they take the time to get right.

Alan P
December 6th, 2018, 02:23 PM
Having subbed to Origin Access Premium recently I've downloaded this and have been slowly making my way through it but I'm not very far as yet. Something about the animations aren't quite right but the faces aren't as bad as I'd read but they patched it not long after launch I believe? Will give a more considered opinion when I've played more.

M4FFU
December 7th, 2018, 01:54 AM
I've won ME1/2/3 on ebay a few £ this week. Going to play through them all again then re-tackle 4, which I gave up on a few hours into last time.

That should be 2019 sorted :D

Yw-slayer
December 7th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Sounds about right.

Alan, the faces are acceptable in that they don't ruin the game, but are sub-par for a game of its vintage.

Cam
December 10th, 2018, 01:08 PM
I spent almost 60 hours in the game I finished last week, doing almost every quest possible. Then I started a New Game+ with the same character. I took about ten hours to finish the game, only doing the priority ops. There was only one insignificant difference in the ending.

Captain Dunn died in the Hyperion crash on Meridian.

Alan P
December 10th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Not had much chance to play any more recently. Work, kids, Fringe, BFV and even some Division for the shields has been getting in the way. I have between Christmas and new year off for the first time in a decade or more so will have plenty of time to play :)

Cam
December 26th, 2018, 09:25 AM
I looked this morning and ME2 and 3 are now available for digital download on the Xbone for $6 each, so I bought 'em. :)

Physical media is SO 20th century. :P

Cam
January 3rd, 2019, 03:27 PM
Over the past month or two, I played through the series. I was reminded why it is my favourite game. :)

I booted up ME3 multiplayer thinking I was going to solo a map. I was shocked to discover there are still plenty of people playing it.

M4FFU
January 14th, 2019, 12:56 AM
I've just started up with a ME2 play-through, again.

The Cam-Effect. PLus, ME2 is a master piece. I didn't start at ME1 as I've done that game SO many times. Used the 360 DLC to start off my ME2 character correctly and will import into ME3 as I've only played through that once.

Cam
February 8th, 2021, 06:03 AM
I figure this is the catch-all Mass Effect thread.

With the re-release of the original trilogy coming soon, it got me wondering about the future of Mass Effect. I have not been paying much attention to current developments, but I took a quick look. Casey Hudson left BioWare again in December. Not sure where he's going. There is an official short teaser for the future of Mass Effect. It shows the remains of the final conflict above earth. Then, it shows what appears to be Liara on a snowy world picking up a piece of N7 armour and smiling; could be Earth or Noveria. I did not really pick it apart. Apparently, there is a team already working on the next Mass Effect game, which will more than likely be in the Milky Way galaxy. I think with the lackluster performance of Anthem, BioWare is looking to (or EA is forcing them to) go back to the ol' standby property.

I was hopeful for a sequel to Andromeda. It may still come yet, but it looks like will be years out, if ever.

When you go to BioWare's web site right now, the first thing you see is something to the effect of, "Come work at BioWare!" Looks like they are crewing up. Dust off your CVs!

Yw-slayer
February 8th, 2021, 05:01 PM
Andromeda wasn't too bad. I'd be up for another mass effect.

Cam
March 20th, 2023, 03:22 PM
Looks at calendar... I figured there would be more news about the next Mass Effect by now--another teaser at least or something. It's been over two years since the last teaser. :(

I had a hankerin' for some Mass Effect recently, so I dusted off the Xbox and started a new playthrough last week. Not sure how much I will be playing in the upcoming days though.

Cam
April 29th, 2023, 09:50 PM
Had something happen in ME2 that gave me a laugh. Grunt has several phrases that he says while fighting, including, “Worthless.” when an enemy dies and, “I AM KROGAN!”

During a fight, he started to say, “I AM…” but it was interrupted by an enemy death. He ended up proclaiming, “I AM worthless.” :lol:

21Kid
May 5th, 2023, 01:03 PM
:lol:

I'm looking forward to ME 4. Andromeda wasn't the best. But I still enjoyed it. I started playing through the Legendary edition again. The 1st game hit the spot. But starting #2 I lost steam.

Cam
May 15th, 2023, 04:37 PM
I've played this series a dozen times though. For the first time, I was able to save both Tali and Legion (and their subsequent fleets) on Rannoch. Up to this point, I did not know what the triggers were to save them both. I looked it up while in the middle of ME3. I realized I did all the things I needed to do, except for one, which was an upcoming encounter. This particular encounter was a moral decision that I normally would do the opposite of what I would need to do to get the option to save both characters.

Yesterday, I put ME: Legendary Edition on my Steam wishlist. Today it went on sale for 75% off. :lol:

Yw-slayer
May 15th, 2023, 06:30 PM
How do you guys find time to do more than one playthrough? Seriously, it's tough enough finishing it once for me.

Cam
May 15th, 2023, 09:38 PM
The original game came out in 2007. Fifteen years not enough time for you? :lol:

I do not have any kids or other significant responsibilities, my wife is not demanding, and gaming is my favourite passtime. :shrug:

Well, shit. I bought it in part to play ME3 multiplayer, only to find out it was removed for the Legendary Edition. :(

Yw-slayer
May 16th, 2023, 12:59 AM
The original game came out in 2007. Fifteen years not enough time for you? :lol:

I do not have any kids or other significant responsibilities, my wife is not demanding, and gaming is my favourite passtime. :shrug:(

15 years is a long time, but there are so many other games to play through. Even a single play through of ME1 takes (if you do every side quest) 40+ hours! There are so many other games or things one could do with say 135 hours of gaming time, especially when now you can watch most of the alternative outcomes/endings on Youtube.

Anyway, the answer must be your second paragraph.

Cam
May 16th, 2023, 04:15 AM
On March 20, I posted saying that I started a new play-through. I'm two months in and I just started the final assault in ME3.

In other news, EA sux.

Yw-slayer
May 16th, 2023, 04:45 AM
Yeah, sounds about right. Each ME game took me around a month IRL to play through. Of course, I dk every side mission as I know I'll only ever play through them all once.

I still haven't finished the second-last God of War game, but need to do so.

Cam
May 16th, 2023, 05:02 AM
I don't play a wide variety of games. I have a few that I play a lot. (Not including iRacing, which I race regularly.) I mostly played Snowrunner in the last year or so. Once I finished the latest DLC for that, I started the latest ME play-through.

21Kid
May 16th, 2023, 07:45 AM
I never play games more than once. This is the 1st game I'm doing that with. Because I got the Legendary Edition for free, and I never played the DLC the first time through.
I tend to play a wide range of games. So, I don't normally have time, like YW. But I made an exception for this game.

I didn't know that they removed multiplayer. That sucks! Why? Ugh.

Cam
May 16th, 2023, 07:55 AM
Too difficult to impliment for them to bother with?
https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/02/02/bioware-explains-why-it-didnt-bring-back-mass-effect-3-multiplayer-in-legendary-edition

I dunno, sounds like BS to me. It already exists in the original ME3 and there are still people playing it. :erm:

Cam
May 16th, 2023, 04:03 PM
Started up the Legendary Edition just to take a peek. Admittedly, it looks amazing.

Cam
May 18th, 2023, 05:45 PM
While ME is 75% off, I bought the regular ME3 just to play multiplayer. :lol:

Cam
May 19th, 2023, 05:41 AM
...AAaaaand it doesn't support a controller.

PC master race? :rolleyes:

Tom Servo
May 19th, 2023, 07:46 AM
That's very surprising. I have a feeling something's missing there, I can't see EA releasing a game that doesn't support a controller.

Yw-slayer
May 19th, 2023, 08:57 AM
Because M+K Uber Alles duh.

Cam
May 19th, 2023, 09:05 AM
That's very surprising. I have a feeling something's missing there, I can't see EA releasing a game that doesn't support a controller.

I'm surprised too, but it is an eleven year old game.

Cam
May 19th, 2023, 07:53 PM
I somehow deleted my last few posts when trying to edit the latest one. :erm:

Anyway, I found a third-party mod for MP controller support. I started MP, created a game, and got a full squad in minutes. It is pretty amazing how many people still play this game.

Cam
May 19th, 2023, 07:55 PM
Quick play does not work for me though. I get an error message every time, something to the effect of, “You have lost connection to the host.” or something like that.

Kchrpm
May 22nd, 2023, 04:24 AM
I somehow deleted my last few posts when trying to edit the latest one. :erm:

The mobile version of the site won't let you edit, only delete, because it has a problem with verticality: when you tap on a page, if there's a button above where you tapped on the page, that button will be pressed instead. For example, clicking any of the links in the right column of this page will click the search button instead.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AJFCJaXuYJ3NBCAC8fKfNT38gEN0kgfEFXj7ztEUjLHFYMK150 rxWlfmzdXEtm5RWjkh-MaIpmJ7RKcoRKnUhHplBsJBLNPTIlg96wSHsKDPGvWHfdYqOLh ejwSWmYXd7xLS0VqqNT5QyMBYAHs7gXy3PwOkiQ=w451-h977-s-no?authuser=0

And when you try to edit a post, this Delete button will take precedence over anything you click underneath. In fact, I accidentally deleted a post trying to capture this screenshot!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AJFCJaVTOND_z7QtMs2iMxpDiyiUlBe9naCHySsKtEnN23fww5 b6MsFrpALUUI8ZPq8dACoaMaDtzLpAuYfgsf1qrq15XRZSb_7T 3ZE6C2xzzySIYksXxXDcK9d00OEg8SSDDhjBESr0qNw9czDJll UhJzheTw=w451-h977-s-no?authuser=0

Cam
May 22nd, 2023, 05:05 AM
Yes, that is what happened.

Cam
May 22nd, 2023, 05:06 AM
Quick play does not work for me though. I get an error message every time, something to the effect of, “You have lost connection to the host.” or something like that.

There were two versions of the MP Controller Support mod. I installed the other one and things seem to work fine now.