PDA

View Full Version : So I'm sitting here in Subway...

Fast As Possible
March 31st, 2015, 06:26 AM
Subway has low overhead, nobody ever comes in here to order food, there are couches and chairs and they never bitch when I take fountain drinks. They let me use their wifi. Why is Subway so cool? Subway. Eat Fresh.

The359
March 31st, 2015, 08:40 AM
http://www.livejournal.com

They still exist. You can blog yourself there.

kmatt
March 31st, 2015, 06:23 PM
So I'm sitting here in Hardee's...
Hardee's/Carl's Jr/Red Burrito/Green Burrito has unknown overhead. Multiple brands to uphold. You rarely see actual customers inside these 90's Californian pillbox inspired facilities, but always one car in the drive-thru. Sometimes two, sometimes zero, but usually... just that one. I've never noticed if they have available wifi. I usually struggle to understand why they -- yet again -- haven't put any salsa on my breakfast burrito, despite my asking for it again. What is Hardee's slogan? What is Carl's Jr's tagline? I don't remember. Maybe I'll get that Diablo something or other they're promoting for lunch. Maybe I won't. I leave. Today is Tuesday. This is the last day of March.

Yw-slayer
March 31st, 2015, 06:33 PM
I don't think any of them have a pretty big walk-in shower, though.

kmatt
March 31st, 2015, 06:41 PM
You really only expect to see walk-in showers in lower-class places. Like Olive Garden. The poors don't always have running water. It's a matter of national hygiene. A public service dutifully delivered from the private sector.

Tom Servo
March 31st, 2015, 07:52 PM
So I'm sitting here in Hardee's...
Hardee's/Carl's Jr/Red Burrito/Green Burrito has unknown overhead. Multiple brands to uphold. You rarely see actual customers inside these 90's Californian pillbox inspired facilities, but always one car in the drive-thru. Sometimes two, sometimes zero, but usually... just that one. I've never noticed if they have available wifi. I usually struggle to understand why they -- yet again -- haven't put any salsa on my breakfast burrito, despite my asking for it again. What is Hardee's slogan? What is Carl's Jr's tagline? I don't remember. Maybe I'll get that Diablo something or other they're promoting for lunch. Maybe I won't. I leave. Today is Tuesday. This is the last day of March.

*golf clap*

speedpimp
April 1st, 2015, 01:17 AM
I don't think any of them have a pretty big walk-in shower, though.

Technically if the Subway is in a truck stop then they have a large walk-in shower, but that doesn't mean you should use it. Truck stop showers are usually pretty nasty and usually you need a shower after using a truck stop shower.

Rare White Ape
April 1st, 2015, 01:25 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrzjgiXfil1qzt1j6o1_500.jpg

Freude am Fahren
April 1st, 2015, 07:36 AM
And there's probably spiders.

thesameguy
April 1st, 2015, 10:28 AM
Later today I plan to be one of those cars in a Carl's drive through. I often listen to the radio when driving, because it doesn't cost me anything and I like music. An ad for the Diablo something piqued my curiosity, and getting one will be the nature of my time in the drive through today. I don't typically use drive throughs as sitting in a car not moving while I internally combust money and fill up the air with waste upsets me, but since there's never a wait at Carl's it isn't too much of a problem. It's now exactly two weeks until tax day and my tax preparer has not yet finished mine. Until I know the bottom line, I am keeping expenditures down. But I am going to make an exception for that Diablo something.

FOR REALZ.

Crazed_Insanity
April 1st, 2015, 11:55 AM
So I'm sitting here in my own lovely private cubical near the end of my lunch hour... wondering why I'm reading these shit posts! :thppt:

speedpimp
April 1st, 2015, 03:26 PM
I spent the day sitting in my company owned -'07 Sterling(Archer) Acterra. She has 405k miles and has been my primary truck for the past eight or so months. She will be going away in the near future to be replaced by a newer truck with a lot less miles.