PDA

View Full Version : Batman Arkham Knight

Alan P
May 5th, 2015, 05:09 PM
PC Copy ordered, £25 with Season Pass, also The normal edition with Day one Harley Quinn DLC for £16.79!
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/batman-arkham-knight-pc-cd-key-steam

Really looking forward to this! I loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham City! Origins was OK, just felt like a rehash of City really but getting excited. Release is the end of June.

Very swish site here:

https://www.batmanarkhamknight.com/#media/46

thesameguy
May 7th, 2015, 10:24 PM
I know Rocksteady is back at the helm, but after Origins I am giving this a wide, wide berth. Just not interested in guinea pigging Warner's game. I'll wait a while and pick up the GOTY edition at the end of the year.

thesameguy
June 14th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Well, I had $65.00 in Dell credit expiring today and lacking anything else to do with it I preordered AK for PC. Hopefully it's good, OTOH since I had nothing better to do with the credit and Dell's selection of $65 merchandise is limited, I won't be too upset if it sucks. :lol:

Alan P
June 22nd, 2015, 06:49 PM
This is fun! Batmobile is a bit weird to drive but loving Battle mode. For someone that doesn't like killing I think I've mowed down about a hundred people so far!

GreatScawt
June 22nd, 2015, 09:09 PM
I got it on Steam, along with the first two (at <$4 a pop). Still downloading. What's this I'm hearing about the PC version capped at 30fps? That's pretty shite :down:

thesameguy
June 22nd, 2015, 09:29 PM
Hopefully something buggy... all of the Batman games have been buggy as hell on day one.

It'll probably be a week or so before mine shows up... I guess the upside of ordering from Dell is getting the first play to include the first patch. ;)

GreatScawt
June 23rd, 2015, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I won't be touching it anyway, until I wrap up some other games. Now I'm hearing its not just frame caps, but the game just runs like shit, even on a good system... i7/970 type systems. They better fix it quick.

thesameguy
June 23rd, 2015, 03:23 PM
I remember when I got Arkham City and the intro would crash the game on my very fast system. I emailed support and like three days later they told me to turn all the graphics down. DAFUQ?

Alan P
June 23rd, 2015, 04:39 PM
No problems here and can't say I've noticed the FPS cap causing a problem. Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, Running from an SSD, 2560x1080 Monitor and a Nvidia GTX 780 6GB. It does use a lot of video Ram, although I'm not sure it's accurate. Apparently it's used all 6Gb I have Afterburner says!

Alan P
June 23rd, 2015, 04:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XkxA2Pt3YQ

GreatScawt
June 24th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Ran it last night just for testing purposes. It was super smooth in areas that people complained about. But I want 60 fps without having to edit an INI file. Also, the game crashed on first boot, fired up fine on second, then crashed the second time I started driving the batmobile (which is fuckin awesome) after the driving tutorial. We'll see! Looks super promising but I'll definitely be waiting until they optimize/update.

thesameguy
June 24th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Mine shipped today, probably have it early next week. Hopefully some patches by then... :)

If not, my backup plan is ordering a bunch of hardware and doing some work on the garage while I wait. :lol:

Kchrpm
June 25th, 2015, 05:53 AM
Warner Bros has stopped sales of the PC version.

GreatScawt
June 25th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Yeah, means they're taking it seriously imo.

Played some more last night and hit some framerate drops while in the batmobile. Dipped to 21 fps. But that was it. Still shouldn't be happening.

The tank mechanics and transformation are awesome. You can strafe and move around any way you want in that battle mode. Really fun to use :up:

thesameguy
June 25th, 2015, 11:49 AM
http://cf.chucklesnetwork.com/items/4/5/8/8/9/original/screwed-the-pooch.jpg

tigeraid
July 2nd, 2015, 07:25 AM
Waiting patiently for the PC one to be ALL fixed, then will buy. :p

Alan P
July 2nd, 2015, 02:25 PM
I can honestly say I haven't had a single issue with it. Runs and plays superbly.