PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Goodwood this year

IMOA
May 27th, 2015, 02:18 AM
I managed to manevour things so that rather than heading back to Thailand and Japan once a get back from NZ I'm going to head across to Europe for a couple of weeks. And I've given myself a bit of a long weekend before heading back home. And that happens to be the weekend when goodwood festival of speed is on. The coincidences are just astounding :)

So, anyone going this year? Anyone up for a beer at some point that weekend? Anything I should know/do/not do/not miss etc?

Yw-slayer
May 27th, 2015, 02:46 AM
Wish I could mate.

samoht
May 27th, 2015, 04:07 AM
I'll be there on the Saturday :) I would love to meet up again.

IMOA
May 27th, 2015, 05:44 AM
Dinner Saturday night? I've had a look at the tickets and Saturday is sold out so I'll probably come across from Belgium on Saturday afternoon then do goodwood on the sunday

IMOA
May 28th, 2015, 11:39 AM
And last night I realised I'll be there for Le Mans as well. Quite a brilliant piece of scheduling I think. :)

samoht
May 28th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Yup, definitely lets have dinner on Saturday.

IMOA
May 29th, 2015, 06:43 PM
OK, got my tickets for Le Mans and Goodwood.

For Goodwood I could only get Sunday but if I can get a ticket off ebay or scalpers or whatever I'll grab it, if the UK guys know the best way please feel free to chuck in your knowledge. What I'll probably do is catch the 8:00am train from Brussels on Saturday morning which gets in 9:00am at St Pancras. If I manage to get a ticket I'll head down to goodwood (train most of the way then get a car probably) otherwise I'll do something in London. Saturday night I'll spend down goodwood way somewhere (looking at the available hotels that might end up being gatwick which is a bit tragic) so I can get their at sparrow fart on sunday and be at the gates at 7:00am. Stay back in London on sunday night and catch the rain back to brussels so I can catch the afternoon flight home.

All a bit hectic but I'm excited :)

samoht
June 28th, 2015, 01:55 AM
Report moved to Open Road - http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?1258-Goodwood-Festival-of-Speed-2015-pics-etc&p=45643#post45643

Greg - really sorry we failed to arrange meeting up this time, but trust you're having a great trip regardless. Saw a yellow Cayman GT4 there btw!