PDA

View Full Version : Forza 6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

racerfink
June 15th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Can't wait til the videos start appearing on YouTube. 24 player multi-player and WEATHER!

Kchrpm
June 15th, 2015, 09:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJdxOf4cFpg

Phil_SS
June 15th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I'm excited.

450 Forzavista cars!

novicius
June 15th, 2015, 09:56 AM
DAY 1!! :D

Kchrpm
June 15th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Show me COTA, Turn 10. SHOW ME COTA.

Phil_SS
June 15th, 2015, 01:08 PM
"Forza Motorsport 6 includes 26 world-famous locations including 10 newly built and captured tracks. In addition to all returning tracks from Forza Motorsport 5, at E3 2015, we’re announcing five new environments: Rio De Janeiro, Daytona, Watkins Glen, and Brands Hatch are completely new to Forza. Indianapolis was recaptured and rebuilt after extensive 2014 track renovations. Stay tuned for more Forza Motorsport 6 track announcements throughout the summer!"

So the 17 from Forza 5 (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/games/fm5/tracks) plus 9 more (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/games/fm6/tracks/The_Tracks_of_Forza_Motorsport_6). So they have released four of the new nine.

And that leaves five yet to be announced. I know Krunch would like COTA. As would I, any other guesses?

Suzuka was a mainstay in prior games. I'll go with that. Hopefully they will add in places like Anglesey or Zandvoort instead of stale tracks like Tsukuba. Mosport, VIR hte one down in Birmingham , Ala. Anything than Tsukuba.

thesameguy
June 15th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Might not be fun to drive, but I'd kinda like to see LBGP... the scenery would make it interesting for sure. Also, seriously, really, for real, Thunderhill.

Alan P
June 15th, 2015, 03:29 PM
24 Car Multiplayer? Great. 23 cars to crash into you at Turn 1!

novicius
June 15th, 2015, 03:32 PM
I don't know why but I putter about in Forza 5 a lot more than Forza Horizon 2. Bigger car selection? Deeper customization? Better framerate? All of the above? :D

Surpised me considering how much I loved the first FH. But I like to tinker and then hotlap so F6 is definitely in my wheelhouse.

Jason
June 15th, 2015, 03:37 PM
24 Car Multiplayer? Great. 23 cars to crash into you at Turn 1!

Exactly what I was thinking :lol:

At the very least single player should have a large variety of cars during races, so that's fun. I feel a little stupid that I relatively recently bought the Forza Horizon 2/Forza 5 pack, but at least I know not to buy any DLC right now. Forza 6 is lookin good :up:

speedpimp
June 15th, 2015, 03:43 PM
It ships with 26 tracks and 10 cars(all of them GTOs). All other vehicles are DLC only at a cost of $5 ea.

Kchrpm
June 15th, 2015, 08:11 PM
24 cars = potentially amazing multi class races.

8400RPM
June 15th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Pretty happy with Watkins very fun track.

How about Mid-Ohio?

I will second Mosport.

I also heard in a video that all the cars will be newly modeled, would like to see a confirm on that. Please no more screwy Forza 2 cars.

Jason
June 16th, 2015, 02:21 AM
24 cars = potentially amazing multi class races.

Test Drive Le Mans!

Edit: I had to go find info... yup, TD: LM had 24 car multi class field for Le Mans, with dynamic weather. It's sad that it's taken this long for Forza to get there, if it supports Multi Class anyways, but still, awesome :D

Rare White Ape
June 16th, 2015, 03:00 AM
I find it amazing that one of the biggest new feature announcements is one that greatly reduces the amount of enjoyment.

I'm talking about weather, of course. I've not liked that rainy shit since the days when the first sprite-based racing games added wet patches to dodge. But at least now it is more realistic than random puddles just as you try to avoid rocks and cacti.

Kchrpm
June 16th, 2015, 03:04 AM
Ok, so when I try to edit a post on mobile, it just deletes it, no matter what. Good to know.

The weather and night settings are not dynamic, so still no accurate endurance racing.

Also, they've had multiclass racing in multiplayer for multiple generations now, I'm sure they won't take it out.

Kchrpm
June 16th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Might not be fun to drive, but I'd kinda like to see LBGP... the scenery would make it interesting for sure. Also, seriously, really, for real, Thunderhill.
Long Beach? That's already in the game.

Freude am Fahren
June 16th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Too early for pre-order exclusive car bullshit? I hate how they do this. Best Buy is offering $10 gift certificate on a pre-order.

novicius
June 16th, 2015, 09:48 AM
http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/fd/58/fd58935f-f87f-4984-b29f-65341bb52bf4.jpg?n=Forza6_E3_PressKit_10.jpg

http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/bb/18/bb18f598-4a6d-4ff2-b461-016cdd3307cf.jpg?n=Forza6_E3_PressKit_07.jpg

http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/1a/82/1a829256-fe40-4639-ac1f-c6379bf1f439.jpg?n=Forza6_E3_PressKit_02.jpg

http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/9d/52/9d5272b3-9cae-408c-b1ae-b8f0743e91d7.jpg?n=Forza6_E3_PressKit_01.jpg

http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/fe/6e/fe6e9b93-a524-4f73-9e85-c6e8bec71311.jpg?n=Forza6_E3_PressKit_05.jpg

Forza Motorsport 6 (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_e3_features)

The Bullshots look good. :lol:

Re: rain, I'm not too worried. Get into a room with random weather settings should still be fun. :up:

GreatScawt
June 16th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Complaining about praising rain? That's a new one :lol:
Horizon 2's addition of rain was perfectly implemented imo. Of course that is supposed to be more arcadey, so we shall see with F6

Kchrpm
June 16th, 2015, 12:29 PM
I'm still just waiting on a console game that will let players do online races with driver changes/hand-offs, dynamic night/weather, etc, so we can do realistic endurance races.

Freude am Fahren
June 16th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Doesn't Project Cars have all of that? Maybe not the driver changes?

Rare White Ape
June 16th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Complaining about praising rain? That's a new one :lol:

Well…

Random pubbies (those 23 other idiots online who will ram you in turn 1) ask loudly for it, then never use it because it makes the game harder.

Reminds me of when Polyphony added damage to GT5 after the same sort of people very loudly demanded it. Someone from PD commented that they ask for it, then turn it off when they realize that it makes the game more difficult.

Now, I do play PCars with random weather, but I hate it when it rains because it's not as fun :(

Although it makes it easy to win if you join a room with no ABS or TC and it's wet!

Kchrpm
June 16th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Doesn't Project Cars have all of that? Maybe not the driver changes?
The driver changes are the most important part for doing really long races.

GreatScawt
June 16th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Well…

Random pubbies (those 23 other idiots online who will ram you in turn 1) ask loudly for it, then never use it because it makes the game harder.

Reminds me of when Polyphony added damage to GT5 after the same sort of people very loudly demanded it. Someone from PD commented that they ask for it, then turn it off when they realize that it makes the game more difficult.

Now, I do play PCars with random weather, but I hate it when it rains because it's not as fun :(

Although it makes it easy to win if you join a room with no ABS or TC and it's wet!

Totally fair. I guess I should say that rain for me is great because I love the atmosphere it can bring in a racing game. Especially Horizon 2. PCars is pretty amazing as well, but like you said, it's way harder. You really have to come prepared and have a pit strategy for it. I created a quick race the other day where the weather turned from dry to stormy... in a Mustang. Not a good idea. :lol:

Jason
June 17th, 2015, 03:03 AM
Too bad about not being dynamic... I care more for dynamic weather/time when playing single player... playing online racing doesn't work out well.... the people I want to race with are usually too good, and the people that are on my level are crazy fucking 12 year olds who ride walls.

speedpimp
June 17th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Sounds like we're about the same level Jason.

JSGeneral
June 17th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Sounds like we're about the same level Jason.

Me too... See you in turn 1.

Kchrpm
June 17th, 2015, 12:53 PM
I'll be in turn 2 by then :cool:

Jason
June 17th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Must be nice! :lol:

Kchrpm
June 17th, 2015, 01:20 PM
An EP on the game has confirmed that there will be 450 games at launch, all on disc, none DLC. Also, the economy will be tuned so that no Tokens are needed.

speedpimp
June 17th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Thank God for that.

Jason
June 17th, 2015, 05:19 PM
As it is, I'm enjoying Forza 5 currently... its a bit limited, and the menus are not entirely functional at times, but it feels balanced in the current iteration in regards to compensation, and the graphics are pretty amazing. Also, for as much shit as the AI gets, I actually enjoy that it's imperfect, makes the races more fun. So yeah, I'm excited for Forza 6.

SkylineObsession
June 17th, 2015, 08:42 PM
I really hope they stop this 'buy DLC cars that you've already bought for previous Forzas/were part of previous Forzas' bs, as that's one of the main things that put me off the games.

New cars to the series, yes, but re-buying 12 of the cars from Forza 2/3/4/5 etc is blatant money grabbing. :(

Kchrpm
June 18th, 2015, 02:27 AM
I was telling Jason the same thing, except it was wrapped in a conversation about amiibo, so it was a question of buying a universal unlock die cast model.

Jason
June 18th, 2015, 02:39 AM
I'm not offended by it when they have to remodel for a new system... but if they charge DLC for cars in Forza 6 that were in Forza 5, that will be a high level of bullshit. That being said, I'm tempted by the car pack in Forza 5, because it's $40 for like 90 cars :|

Generally, though, I despise DLC unless it has awesome value, like Mario Kart 8's expansions.

Kchrpm
June 18th, 2015, 06:16 AM
They had cars as DLC in Forza 3 that was then a VIP only car in Forza 4. That's the kind of ridiculous shit they need to stop.

GreatScawt
June 18th, 2015, 06:53 AM
I'll be in turn 2 by then :cool:

I'll be in... Turn 10

:cool:

Kchrpm
June 18th, 2015, 09:19 AM
The last time we had someone in Turn 10, we got him fired...

Jason
June 18th, 2015, 01:23 PM
"Forza Motorsport 6 Ultimate Edition includes Forza Motorsport 6, VIP membership, the Forza Motorsport Car Pass, the first Forza Motorsport 6 DLC Car Pack (available on launch day), and the Ten Year Anniversary Car Pack, which includes 10 specially tuned and liveried cars... (Car list)... Pre Order and also receive an exclusive bonus car, the 2015 Mazda MX-5"

Sorry for any typos, typed that out with phone while looking at the pre order screen on the Xbox store.

Sounds like day one DLC, to me.

Also the store already has a DLC Car Pack up for Forza 6, the Fast & Furious car pack.

Not surprised they lied. :)

novicius
June 18th, 2015, 01:38 PM
The last time we had someone in Turn 10, we got him fired...
"We?" Only if by "we" you mean 359. :rolleyes:

thesameguy
June 18th, 2015, 01:51 PM
I almost preordered the Ultimate last night, but I wanted to hold off and see about a physical version... if the physical version is the same price, I might as well get free discs.

Jason
June 18th, 2015, 01:53 PM
I'll probably do Ultimate just for the Car Pass, but I'm not gonna like it :mad:

Freude am Fahren
June 18th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Also, the 2015 MX-5 isn't a standard car :down:

Kchrpm
June 18th, 2015, 03:21 PM
What the shit :down:

novicius
June 18th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Disappointing. :down:

I will buy the absolute cheapest version of the game. Fuck DLC, VIP and whatever other shenanigans they think they're gonna pull on me. :finger:

Jason
June 18th, 2015, 05:22 PM
A source on the interwebs says the 2016 Mazda MX-5 is a standard car, and the Pre-Order bonus MX-5 is some sort of special version.

DEVELOPING STORY

Some good info here:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst38094_Forza-Motorsport-6---DLC-and-Editions-List.aspx

Kchrpm
June 18th, 2015, 10:55 PM
As usual, what a bunch of lying assholes.

Rare White Ape
June 19th, 2015, 12:21 AM
"We?" Only if by "we" you mean 359. :rolleyes:

I'd love to know this back story. I vaguely remember someone being an employee, but must've missed this bit.

GreatScawt
June 19th, 2015, 12:24 AM
I'd love to know this back story. I vaguely remember someone being an employee, but must've missed this bit.

Indeed... I must know this.

racerfink
June 19th, 2015, 05:23 AM
I'm ready to go trade my 360 in for the One at Best Buy, but how do I make sure my credit card info isn't on the hard drive? Will simply 'remove payment option' work?

Kchrpm
June 19th, 2015, 05:33 AM
A member of the forum was a game tester or something for Turn 10. He would feed us trinkets of info here and there for upcoming games, and the internet at large didn't notice.

GTPlanet, a much bigger fan-site, had a discussion on the upcoming game, and 359 shared some of the info that we were told. They didn't believe him, he provided his source, the internet noticed. The member of our forum got fired, the Turn 10 people mostly downplayed it as an unhappy/low-level employee saying things he didn't really know.

thesameguy
June 19th, 2015, 07:58 AM
I'm ready to go trade my 360 in for the One at Best Buy, but how do I make sure my credit card info isn't on the hard drive? Will simply 'remove payment option' work?

AFAIK the information is only stored on the xbl servers, not the device itself. If you remove your profile the system no longer has access to those details stored online.

Tom Servo
June 19th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Yes, it's definitely stored server side, not on the local device. As long as you remove the account from the device (or, if you forget, change your password) then nobody will be able to buy anything with that card on the device. Even if you don't do that, all they can do is buy stuff from the xbox store (which you'll get emails notifying you about), they can't actually get all of your card information.

Jason
June 19th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Apparently they will be adding about 7 new environments on top of the 17 from Forza 5. Hopefully Suzuka makes a comeback.

Bernese Alps
Circuit de Catalunya
Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Circuit des 24 Heures Du Mans (Le Mans)
Long Beach
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit (Bathurst)
Nürburgring
Circuit de Prague
Road America
Road Atlanta
Sebring International Raceway
Silverstone
Test Track Airfield
Top Gear
Yas Marina Circuit
Brands Hatch
Watkins Glen
Rio de Janeiro
Daytona International Speedway
???
???
???
???
???

stephenb
June 21st, 2015, 12:54 PM
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_forza_6_direct_feed_60_fps_video-16772_en.html

Does look good :)

novicius
June 21st, 2015, 06:54 PM
Yup, quite luscious. :popcorn:

Jason
June 21st, 2015, 07:26 PM
That rain and night stuff really makes me wish it was dynamic for some longer endurance races, but I suppose that's being held back for Forza 7 :lol:

GreatScawt
June 21st, 2015, 08:15 PM
Wow! They really nailed the hydroplaning bits. Night racing looks fantastic, too. I'm a big fan :up:

novicius
June 22nd, 2015, 03:59 PM
Put money down on F6: Day One Edition @ GameStop today. #partoftheproblem

8400RPM
June 22nd, 2015, 06:38 PM
Good stuff novi :lol:

Yeah the Forza series seems to get me everytime, each time I think they've taken advantage of me and I swear I won't get it next time or will only buy the barebones version. But I can't help but be tempted by the Ultimate edition again as their car packs are usually pretty good. At least I didn't get the VIP status in Forza 5, I really stuck it to the man there. :p

I'm really not all that hyped about rain, seems to lose it's novelty quickly in most games. If the puddles are going to be in the same place everytime then it's going to get old real fast. Would really like to have seen dynamic lighting though, I think it adds so much to a racing game.

racerfink
June 22nd, 2015, 09:16 PM
Whenever I run Sebring or Daytona in the rain, the puddles are always in the same place. Low lying areas are low lying areas.

Rare White Ape
June 22nd, 2015, 11:34 PM
F6: Day One Edition

Wooo.

But not as H4RDC0R3!!!1 as the DAY ZERO editions that shooters enjoy.

Have fun buying your day 1 car pack at the same time* :)

*I'm guessing

novicius
June 23rd, 2015, 12:00 PM
Yeah probably -- still, $60 is $60 so I might as well get the code for the Hellcat on Day 1 (http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/forza-motorsport-6/120269). :cool:

Fogelhund
June 23rd, 2015, 12:18 PM
Apparently they will be adding about 7 new environments on top of the 17 from Forza 5. Hopefully Suzuka makes a comeback.

Brands Hatch
Watkins Glen
Rio de Janeiro
Daytona International Speedway
???
???
???
???
???

Are these additions confirmed?

Cam
June 23rd, 2015, 12:24 PM
A member of the forum was a game tester or something for Turn 10. He would feed us trinkets of info here and there for upcoming games, and the internet at large didn't notice.

GTPlanet, a much bigger fan-site, had a discussion on the upcoming game, and 359 shared some of the info that we were told. They didn't believe him, he provided his source, the internet noticed. The member of our forum got fired, the Turn 10 people mostly downplayed it as an unhappy/low-level employee saying things he didn't really know.

That particular member was TofuR. He used to post car illustrations to the forum. Those illustrations eventually landed him a job at Turn 10. He probably broke a non-disclosure agreement to provide us with insider details. It's his own damn fault. The359 didn't help though. :|

racerfink
June 23rd, 2015, 12:36 PM
Are these additions confirmed?

The only one of those tracks I havn't seen in the dozen or so videos floating around, is Watkins Glen.

Kchrpm
June 23rd, 2015, 02:59 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/23/8835189/forza-motorsport-6-xbox-one-bundle-limited-edition-price-release-date

The Forza 6 Xbox One comes with a matching controller, featuring dual racing stripes running down the middle, and a 1 TB internal hard drive. The gamepad is the new model, which comes with a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Also included in the bundle are download codes for the full Forza 6 game and its Tenth Anniversary Car Pack.

Microsoft is currently taking pre-orders for the bundle for $399.99. The company will also be selling the controller itself for $64.99. Both items will be available Sept. 15 alongside Forza 6 itself.

http://news.xbox.com/~/media/images/media%20assets/xbox%20one%20games/forza%20motorsport%206/20150623%20limited%20edition%20console/xboxone_leconsolecontroller_forzamotorsport6_b_rgb .png?h=538

thesameguy
June 23rd, 2015, 03:22 PM
Is there a diff between the physical and download copies? Still torn on which to do, but have expended zero effort in making the decision. :)

Jason
June 23rd, 2015, 06:37 PM
Re: Watkins Glen

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/games/fm6/tracks/The_Tracks_of_Forza_Motorsport_6

Forza Motorsport 6 includes 26 world-famous locations including 10 newly built and captured tracks. In addition to all returning tracks from Forza Motorsport 5, at E3 2015, we’re announcing five new environments: Rio De Janeiro, Daytona, Watkins Glen, and Brands Hatch are completely new to Forza. Indianapolis was recaptured and rebuilt after extensive 2014 track renovations. Stay tuned for more Forza Motorsport 6 track announcements throughout the summer!

thesameguy
June 23rd, 2015, 07:55 PM
On the surface, it sure seems like is going to be awesome. Excited in a way I just wasn't about 5.

Rare White Ape
June 23rd, 2015, 10:59 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/23/8835189/forza-motorsport-6-xbox-one-bundle-limited-edition-price-release-date

The Xbox AU Facebook page said that this has it's own custom sound effects as well.

That looks really nice and I'd probably buy it, but if it made a cheap engine rev sound whenever I hit the tacky start/stop button, I'd not buy it, if you know what I mean.

Is there a diff between the physical and download copies? Still torn on which to do, but have expended zero effort in making the decision. :)

On this subject, and on expending zero effort, I think digital download is the way to go, because I am no longer in a position where I enjoy getting up out of my seat to change discs when I want to play a different game. Steam, and free games on PSN ruined that for me.

speedpimp
June 24th, 2015, 02:44 PM
I wonder if Daytona is just the road course or the oval as well.

Jason
June 24th, 2015, 04:07 PM
I wonder if Daytona is just the road course or the oval as well.

I have to imagine they'll do both, like they do with Indy.

thesameguy
June 24th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Can I just mention I am annoyed that the Limited Edition Forza Motorsport Xbox One does not include the Limited Edition version of the game? Fail. :down:

With x360 emulation announced, I would have gone for it.

Kchrpm
July 2nd, 2015, 05:05 AM
http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/01/forza-motorsport-6-will-let-you-drive-every-formula-e-racecar/

Formula E cars coming to Forza 6.

Phil_SS
July 2nd, 2015, 10:42 AM
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_forza_garage

So those ten cars seem to be counted towards the 450. I'm ok with that, I'm sure there will be plenty of different cars to choose from and they have released an additional 30 cars. My faves of the bunch:

1975 Fiat X1/9
1988 Lamborghini Jalpa
1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STi (Though pretty much every racing game like this from here to the end of time will have it)
1991 Honda CR-X SiR
1970 AMC Rebel "The Machine"
2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air (F body FTW! and finally a Trans Am)

They really do seem to be picking the right cars, especially the classics from each era and it looks like this game may have the best selection ever. Hopefully they keep it up.

Jason
July 2nd, 2015, 12:13 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/01/forza-motorsport-6-will-let-you-drive-every-formula-e-racecar/

Formula E cars coming to Forza 6.

I'm pretty sure there's one in Forza 5.... It's weird to use.

Phil_SS
July 9th, 2015, 09:51 AM
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_garage_week_2

I'm pretty sure Krunch is a lock now. :D

Kchrpm
July 9th, 2015, 10:41 AM
It's so pretty...

And they snuck in the daddy, too. YOU CAN'T JUST SNEAK IN THE DADDY. Damn whippersnappers think their newfangled shit is what's important nowadays.

The Z/28 will be nice, too, depending on how the classes line up.

I want to see a Z51 C7, the C7R, and COTA. And a BAC Mono. Then we can start getting out the locks.

Jason
July 9th, 2015, 03:01 PM
That table of announced cars is really annoying me. Someone format it and organize it, kthx.

GreatScawt
July 9th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. It's not organized chronologically and it's not organized alphabetically by manufacturer name. Annoying.

But I think I know why... if it's organized in order, "duplicate models" become way more apparent and people are more likely to bitch. :lol:
I dunno, that's the only reason I can think of, especially as it's Turn10's list.

Kchrpm
July 9th, 2015, 06:19 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O_9e3AoCMjna-JJJesRCBHNJXANWGdobiepMAUrjtTs/edit?usp=sharing

Jason
July 9th, 2015, 06:45 PM
You're so easy :D

Kchrpm
July 10th, 2015, 05:41 AM
Yeah yeah yeah, you're welcome.

21Kid
July 10th, 2015, 06:16 AM
That's quite a list of cars I'll never own. :(

2016 Team Forza Mazda MX-5 Digital Pre-Order Bonus
2011 Koenigsegg Agera FH2 VIP Reward Car
2013 Ford Shelby GT500 FM5 Game Reward Car
2013 Ferrari LaFerrari FM5 VIP Reward Car
2015 Dodge Team Forza Challenger SRT Hellcat Retailer Pre-Order Car
2015 Subaru Team Forza WRX STI Retailer Pre-Order Car
2015 Audi Team Forza TTS Coupé Retailer Pre-Order Car
2015 BMW Team Forza M4 Coupe Retailer Pre-Order Car
2015 Ford Team Forza Mustang GT Retailer Pre-Order Car
2013 Audi Team Forza R8 Coupé V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro Ten Year Car Pack
2013 SRT Team Forza Viper GTS Ten Year Car Pack
2008 Aston Martin Team Forza DBS Ten Year Car Pack
2003 Nissan Team Forza Fairlady Z Ten Year Car Pack
2014 Lamborghini Team Forza Huracán LP 610-4 Ten Year Car Pack
2009 Ferrari Team Forza 458 Italia Ten Year Car Pack
2012 BMW Team Forza M5 Ten Year Car Pack
2005 Honda NSX-R Ten-Year Car Pack
2013 Audi Team Forza RS 7 Sportback Ten-Year Car Pack
2013 McLaren Team Forza P1 Ten-Year Car Pack
2013 Lamborghini Veneno VIP Car Pack
2013 Ferrari 458 Speciale VIP Car Pack
1997 McLaren F1 GT VIP Pack Car
2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato VIP Pack Car
2016 Ford Shelby GT350R VIP Pack Car

Phil_SS
July 10th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Most are just fancy paintjobs. The stock versions will still be available to buy in the game with credits.

2015 Dodge Team Forza Challenger SRT Hellcat Retailer Pre-Order Car
2015 Subaru Team Forza WRX STI Retailer Pre-Order Car
2015 Audi Team Forza TTS Coupé Retailer Pre-Order Car
2015 BMW Team Forza M4 Coupe Retailer Pre-Order Car
2015 Ford Team Forza Mustang GT Retailer Pre-Order Car
2013 Audi Team Forza R8 Coupé V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro Ten Year Car Pack
2013 SRT Team Forza Viper GTS Ten Year Car Pack
2008 Aston Martin Team Forza DBS Ten Year Car Pack
2003 Nissan Team Forza Fairlady Z Ten Year Car Pack
2014 Lamborghini Team Forza Huracán LP 610-4 Ten Year Car Pack
2009 Ferrari Team Forza 458 Italia Ten Year Car Pack
2012 BMW Team Forza M5 Ten Year Car Pack
2005 Honda NSX-R Ten-Year Car Pack
2013 Audi Team Forza RS 7 Sportback Ten-Year Car Pack
2013 McLaren Team Forza P1 Ten-Year Car Pack

A few are rewards for playing previous Forza games or for preordering Forza 6. You will still be able to buy them in the game with credits.

2016 Team Forza Mazda MX-5 Digital Pre-Order Bonus
2011 Koenigsegg Agera FH2 VIP Reward Car
2013 Ford Shelby GT500 FM5 Game Reward Car
2013 Ferrari LaFerrari FM5 VIP Reward Car

Only five are truely unique if you are only buying the stock game. You can become a VIP at any time and have them be available.

thesameguy
July 10th, 2015, 10:45 AM
This is seriously enough to sell me the VIP -

novicius
July 10th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Yep, thinking the same thing... :smh:

Jason
July 10th, 2015, 11:52 AM
They got ya!

21Kid
July 10th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Most are just fancy paintjobs. The stock versions will still be available to buy in the game with credits.
Only five are truely unique if you are only buying the stock game. You can become a VIP at any time and have them be available.
That's much more manageable. I can live without fancy paint jobs. Thanks. :)

Kchrpm
July 10th, 2015, 07:26 PM
The F1 GT is the one I want.

Phil_SS
July 17th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Week 3 reveals (http://http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm%5E_forza_garage_week_3)

Tons of good stuff there. Before we know it we may be able to have a 60's Formula 1 series or a 60's sports car series. They are definitely hitting my enthusiast sweet spot. :up:

Mr Wonder
July 18th, 2015, 06:56 AM
IROC-Z baby! Boom!

Seriously I'm actually pretty tempted by this. It looks stunning. Plus my PS3 died on me taking my GT6 save with it and I'm not doing all that again.

Kchrpm
July 18th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Updated and sorted: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O_9e3AoCMjna-JJJesRCBHNJXANWGdobiepMAUrjtTs/edit?usp=sharing

Phil_SS
July 22nd, 2015, 07:18 AM
Week 4 reveals (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_forza_garage_week_4)

Fuckin A Lime Rock!

Zakspeed Capri :twisted: And Finally a BOSS 302. Let's hope they keep that up and include all of the late 60's early 70's Trans AM cars.

Kchrpm
July 22nd, 2015, 10:19 AM
:up: Updated my sheet

thesameguy
July 22nd, 2015, 01:34 PM
If we can have a Zakspeed Capri, can also has Roush Merkur and Bob Sharp 280ZX?

http://www.merkurclub.com/images/Roush_XR4Ti_1.jpg

http://the-stickman.tripod.com/280zx.jpg

Jason
July 22nd, 2015, 03:19 PM
Just over halfway revealed and its already a pretty awesome list :up:

Phil_SS
July 23rd, 2015, 06:11 AM
:up: Updated my sheet

Your sheet is missing some cars. Like the Mclaren M8B and M2B.

Looks like it is in the original format (sheet 2) but not on Sheet 1.

Kchrpm
July 23rd, 2015, 06:27 AM
I made sheet 1 one update at a time semi-manually, then automated it on sheet 2 and grabbed the entire list at the time. Must have missed some when I was doing it manually somehow, I'll just copy it over. Thanks for the heads-up.

Kchrpm
July 28th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Another update: http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_forza_garage_week_5

My list updated as well.

Jason
July 28th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Oooooh BTCC, hell yeah!

KillerB
July 28th, 2015, 05:52 PM
RX-3!

M4FFU
July 29th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Oooooh BTCC, hell yeah!

Big time. That Avensis looks amazing!

Jason
July 29th, 2015, 03:06 AM
Officially pre-ordered :up:

Phil_SS
July 30th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Not as flashy this week but still some good stuff. A BTCC series sounds fun.

Kchrpm
August 4th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Ooooooh boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AQT2cVDHfY

http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/c6/81/c6812deb-d623-4be1-a852-bf77cc395646.jpg?n=FM6_Gamescom_COTA.jpg

Phil_SS
August 4th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Ah oh Krunch! :D

They also released the names of the rest of the tracks. Sonoma, Monza and Hockenheim. :up:

I"m also really interested in the racing leagues. They seem like the type of thing that I could really sink my teeth into.

Jason
August 4th, 2015, 02:39 PM
BRINGBACKSUZUKA

Kchrpm
August 4th, 2015, 02:44 PM
I"m also really interested in the racing leagues. They seem like the type of thing that I could really sink my teeth into.
I need to read up on it now, I had to run out and meet someone, but if it just formalizes the stuff we would set up in forums anyway, that will be PERFECT. Then I don't have to just deal with you fools ;)

Man...*sigh* I was going to resist!

Kchrpm
August 5th, 2015, 08:25 AM
My summary of league racing info from the below articles/quotes:
- Drivers are separated into divisions based on skill level
- Clean/contact driving style is tracked
- League lobbies will vary based on time (they will have a schedule when a certain queue is open)
- League lobby visibility and access will vary based on driver division (each skill-based division will have different league lobbies, with different cars, available)
- League lobby matchmaking will be done based on clean/contact driving style (clean drivers will be put in lobbies together, contact drivers will be put in lobbies together)
- Skill division changes based on number of races participated in, and finishing position in those races
- Everyone will start in the lowest skill division at the beginning
- League/division cannot change until league schedule cycles to the next
- League races can be broadcasted/spectated in game or via Twitch (and maybe more)
- There will also be special events, including "one-off series tied to real-world race weekends or invite-only events featuring the best racers in the world"

http://news.xbox.com/2015/08/gamescom-forza-6

We’re also showing off Forza Race Leagues – a brand-new multiplayer feature in Forza 6 – for the first time at gamescom 2015. Leagues are strictly defined, scheduled races that are based on each player’s skill level. Leagues keep track of a player’s skill level and match them to other players in groupings called driver divisions. These divisions allow players to race against players of the same skill level, providing competitive matches to all players regardless of experience level. All players compete on a leaderboard dedicated to their respective league. By running races on a regular basis, they can earn points to compete on the Forza Race League Leaderboard. Once a League ends, players earn in-game credits depending on their final finishing position on the leaderboard.

You can even spectate Forza Race League races! Spectators can freely switch between any of the cars in the race, and choose from an array of cameras – including game cameras and on-board car cameras, as well as telemetry data. In addition, players can chat with other spectators or with players in the lobby. We will also be giving access to popular broadcasters, so they can stream Leagues on their own channels. These broadcasters will have full access to the current-running Leagues for all skill levels, to broadcast to their viewership.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_gamescom_2015

The cornerstones of Leagues are its scheduled race lobbies. All League lobbies run on a schedule and will be open in the game during specific times each day. For example, there might be a B-Class League lobby that will be open for four hours per day for a full week; after which, it will be replaced with a new League lobby featuring different cars and/or tracks. While a League’s daily open window may vary from League to League, we are designing these windows to be open to allow the most players within different time zones.

During an open window, players can join a League Lobby and compete against one another in that lobby’s playlist. After each race, players will earn points based on their performance (what position they placed in, as well as the number of higher-skilled players they beat). As long as a League window is open, players can continue to play in that lobby and earn points; these points will accumulate on that League’s leaderboard for the duration of the League. Once a scheduled League has closed down, players will earn credits based on their final position on the League’s overall leaderboard.

Our goal with League racing is to have players always have multiplayer matches that are geared to their skill. To do that, we are organizing players into different skill-based Driver Divisions. All players will begin at the lowest division when they first start playing in Leagues and more skilled players will quickly move up into their appropriate divisions. Each time a player races, we recalculate his or her skill level by comparing how that player finishes among the other players in a race. The more races you win or place highly in, the better the chance you’ll move up to a new League division. Once a League begins, players will remain in that league until the League has completed. When the new set of Leagues is set, each player’s Driver Division will be reviewed and players will potentially be reclassified based on their current skill level. In addition to skill level, League players will be organized by their temperament levels, which will ensure that clean drivers will be paired with other clean drivers, while players who tend to enjoy more contact will be racing with similar style opponents.

Driver Division will also control which League events players have access to. A newer, less skilled driver won’t be able to see or have access to the same League events available to elite-skill players. This allows us to create race events that fit for different players, tailoring the cars and tracks to the most appropriate skill levels.

For Forza Motorsport 6, Online Leagues represent a fantastic opportunity for players to get the best multiplayer racing experience on a consistent basis. In addition to a regular cadence of updated Race Leagues, we’ll also be creating special events that will give players of all skill levels the chance to compete. Whether it’s with one-off series tied to real-world race weekends or invite-only events featuring the best racers in the world, Online Leagues promises to be an incredibly exciting, and always changing, new feature in the game.

Kchrpm
August 5th, 2015, 08:45 AM
We're going to do a 2-hour race at Circuit of the Americas with the IndyCars, by the way. Be ready.

And a 6-hour FIA WEC race...or just 2 hours and 40 minutes as a TUSCC race.

Phil_SS
August 5th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Does that mean you are getting an Xbone? :D

George
August 5th, 2015, 09:37 AM
I realize this is the Forza 6 thread, but I just wanted to say I played Forza 4 while visiting relatives recently and was amazed.

I haven't played a racing game since GT2 (well, I guess GTA V might count, but I haven't gotten past the first mission yet) and I couldn't believe the graphics. The paint scrapes and other wear and tear on the cars is fun to see, and I loved how there are cones/pylons that you can run over and they bounce around. I haven't seen moving objects (other than cars) in a racing game before.

My daughter was uninterested, but my son was completely absorbed and drove quite a bit better than the last time we tried to play GT/GT2 together (a couple years now, probably - he's 7 now). I think I'll stop by my local game store and see if they have Forza 4 or one of the newer versions so he and I can race on the Xbox. No, I wouldn't deliberately choose an older version over a newer one, but if the price is right and we don't know what we're missing in the newer ones, I'd be quite happy with version 4.

Funny story about how sneaky my son is, or the story of the tortoise and the hare: he was racing his cousin and chose a Ferrari for himself, and when she wasn't looking, he chose some little econobox 4-door hatchback for her to drive. Then he got silly and started crashing into guardrails and stuff. She ended up winning the 3-lap race in Switzerland or someplace like that, and he was yelling, "That's no fair!" :lol:

Kchrpm
August 5th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Does that mean you are getting an Xbone? :D

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Edit: I am disappointed that they only have 3 GTE/LM cars, though, and no GT3 cars. But they're trolling out the car list.

Phil_SS
August 5th, 2015, 11:01 AM
I think I'll stop by my local game store and see if they have Forza 4 or one of the newer versions so he and I can race on the Xbox. No, I wouldn't deliberately choose an older version over a newer one, but if the price is right and we don't know what we're missing in the newer ones, I'd be quite happy with version 4.

Forza 4 is an Xbox 360 game. You only mention Xbox so I'm not sure if you have an X360. The initial Forza Motorsports is the only one for Xbox.

And I agree, Forza 4 is a great game. I played it a ton and it is one of the reasons why I skipped Forza 5 and am looking forward to Forza 6. The content in both should be similar.

Another garage release. Lots of good stuff in there. Did you say something about Indy cars Keith?

Forza Garage week 6 (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_forza_garage_week_6)

Kchrpm
August 5th, 2015, 11:19 AM
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_forza_garage_week_6

More new cars announced today, including 6 GT3 cars.

Edit: I've added some broad race car classifications as well.

George
August 5th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Thanks, Phil. We have an Xbox 360, and you guys would be amazed at how infrequently it is used.

thesameguy
August 5th, 2015, 09:24 PM
BRINGBACKSUZUKA

I was not an initial fan of Suzuka, but I have come to really like it. I agree.

racerfink
August 5th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Word on the street is, Japanese tracks are charging a premium for use of their tracks in games (Or maybe it's just for certain American companies that compete directly with Japanese companies?).

Jason
August 6th, 2015, 01:35 AM
Considering how much DLC we buy, they can do it :P

Freude am Fahren
August 6th, 2015, 06:32 AM
Word. Also, When Fanatec offered me a deal on anything new I bought when I had a problem with my old wheel, I may have gone a bit nuts.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/295/20321716452_51b83443c4_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/wXL7iA)

Kchrpm
August 6th, 2015, 07:30 AM
So, um, what wheels are compatible with the XBox One? #spiraling

Phil_SS
August 6th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Word. Also, When Fanatec offered me a deal on anything new I bought when I had a problem with my old wheel, I may have gone a bit nuts.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/295/20321716452_51b83443c4_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/wXL7iA)

That is so fucking sexy!

Freude am Fahren
August 6th, 2015, 08:05 AM
The quality jump from the Porsche wheels is pretty substantial! The feel is amazing. Only used it in iRacing so far, but it's awesome. The only issue I had was with the GT Rim/XBone hub not working at first, but that was solved with an update of the Drivers/Firmware. Oh and I didn't realize the table clamp didn't include a mount for the shifter, so I have to figure that out. The shifter though, wow. Night and day with the old all plastic units. And just a switch to go between Seq and h-pattern is nice. It came with both of the grips you see on the box. I may try to mount the tall one on my BRZ :lol:

Phil_SS
August 6th, 2015, 08:14 AM
I was lookin at their website and they appear to have a shifter clamp.

GreatScawt
August 8th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Jebus. I didn't realize all that Fanatec put out for the XBone already. That's some serious dosh, mate. Looks to be fantastic quality. :up: I'd love to see a shot of the setup.

Makes me wanna pull the trigger on the Logi G290. Ugh, want that thing bad.

stephenb
August 8th, 2015, 08:46 AM
So, um, what wheels are compatible with the XBox One? #spiraling

You need the xbone universal hub along with a CSW v1 or v2. You can then bolt pretty much whatever wheel you want to the hub which comes with all the button pods, funky switch and shifter modules/paddles.

Freude am Fahren
August 8th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Yeah, and as clunky as that sounds, it's really not. It feels great. I've been using the universal hub with GT wheel primarily since I got it because that's the type of cars I've been racing. The Formula wheel is fantastic for open wheelers and higher downforce GT's and prototypes, but when you have to do a lot of lock and correcting with lower grip slower steering cars, the GT is where it's at. For Dirt Rally though, i think I may try to find a cheap round wheel on eBay or something.

As for my setup, right now it's all just clamped to my desk. I'll grab a pic when I get home from work if you're interested. It's not that fancy. I'm going to buy a cheap seat and build a rig around it one day, but not while I'm still renting a one bedroom (space, and having to move it when I move). Hopefully a year or two from now though.

George
August 10th, 2015, 05:41 PM
And I agree, Forza 4 is a great game.

As if I weren't a big enough loser already, I bought Forza 4. Damn, this is a huge step up from GT and GT2 on my original PlayStation. I like that I can just turn it on and run a quick race or two without having to go through that endless first mission in GTA V to get to the good stuff. That's pretty much the extent of my video game playing these days.

I played some Trials HD recently too. That remains good fun.

Eventually I'll probably buy Forza Horizon, too. I watched a couple videos of that game and it looks like a lot of fun, and the fact that it's set in the scenic state where I live in a huge plus.

Phil_SS
August 11th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Achievements have been announced. I'm kinda interested in this "mods" thing they are talking about. (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_achievements) It appears to have to do with camera views and aids, though maybe more.

Kchrpm
August 11th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Modified - Finish in 1st place with all Mod Types equipped
Home Field - Use a Track Specialist Crew Mod on the track this Mod states
Mod Buff - Collect 250 Amount of Mods
Kickback - Earn 100% credit bonus from Mods in a single race
Up to the Challenge - Finish 1st using the Suggested Line Off, Cockpit Camera only Dare Mod
I Dare You - Finish 1st using the Back of the Pack Dare Mod
You Shouldn't - Finish 1st using the Manual Transmission Dare Mod
It looks like they are difficulty modifiers that extend past the normal AI difficulty and driver assists. It looks like you will need to collect them, though, instead of them all just being available in a menu.

Perhaps "Track Specialist Crew" gives you a better setup for a specific track. "Back of the Pack Dare" I just assume puts you in last place to start the race. "Suggested Line Off, Cockpit Camera Only Dare" and "Manual Transmission Dare" seem self explanatory.

Phil_SS
August 11th, 2015, 09:05 AM
So maybe they will be a way to increase the credits given for a race, just like no aids would give 160% in Forza 4. Or maybe they won't be giving extra credits specifically for the lack of aids but for these modifiers in particular.

Kchrpm
August 11th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I think the modifiers are a way to gamify the use of fewer aids. I think there are a lot of gamers that will not go into a menu and turn off automatic shifting for a higher percentage, but will turn on a modifier for manual transmission dare that gives the same percentage and an achievement.

Phil_SS
August 12th, 2015, 08:53 AM
Week 7 Garage update. (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_garage_week_7)

Kchrpm
August 12th, 2015, 08:57 AM
BAC Mono, Rally Fighter, 3 Vettes, the Nismo IDx, 787b, so much good stuff.

Kchrpm
August 12th, 2015, 09:37 AM
My main rotation
S-Class: 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 / C7.R Engine Swap / American Flag Paintjob with Jakes instead of stars
A-Class: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
B-Class: 2014 BAC Mono
C-Class: 2015 Nissan IDx NISMO / Replica of Bryan's PWC GTR Paintjob

Mr Wonder
August 12th, 2015, 12:40 PM
1969 Charger Daytona?

Shut up and take my money!

Kchrpm
August 13th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I am still holding out hope that many more GTLM/GTE and GT3/PWC-GT cars will be added, specifically the C7.R and GT-R GT3.

George
August 15th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Dude! You can roll cars over on their roofs (rooves?) in Forza 4!

This morning I broke out the rear window of my '57 T-Bird doing that at one of the high-speed European mountain tracks. I left it in one of the manufacturer's colors - salmon pink or some such, and it looks badass with the aftermarket hood scoop, lowered racing suspension, and awesomely shiny and huge chrome wheels.

#alwaysthelasttoknow, as novicius would say.

Kchrpm
August 18th, 2015, 06:48 AM
More info on mods at http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_mods.

First, Mods are game modifiers, similar to perks in Forza Horizon 2 or Skulls in Halo 4, that you can unlock as you play in Forza Motorsport 6. Mods can only be used in either Career or in Free Play modes – players cannot use Mods in multiplayer or Leagues races or in Rivals events. Mod packs can be won as part of the Prize spinner (described above) or purchased for in-game credits. Different Mods affect your race in different ways. Mods come in three main categories:

Dare

Dare Mods challenge the player to get out of their comfort zone and perform with specific driving requirements that will test their skills. Players will earn credits bonuses if they succeed in a race with a Dare mod added. All Dare Mods can be used as many times as the player likes, but only one dare can be used at a time. Higher level Dare Mods include more difficult challenges and much greater rewards. Also, because many dares lock the player into harder difficulty settings, the player gets double rewards for using them: first, the dare Mod rewards the player directly. And second, the locked assist setting continue to provide scalars as well – i.e. if the Mod give +15% cr for driving without STM and turning off STM provides +10% by itself, the player receives both scalars.

Some examples of Dare mods include:
· Severe Power Decrease – Power decreased by 8%. Hit the objective to earn +20% credits.
· Manual With Clutch – Manual transmission with clutch. Hit the objective to earn +20% credits.
· Back of the Pack – Start in 24th Grid Position. Hit the objective to earn +30% credits.

Crew

Crew Mods give the player a specific performance advantage during a race, depending on the Crew Mod used. Crew Mods don’t offer specific bonus rewards but can give players an advantage in a race, especially when going up against more skilled Drivatars or trying to optimize your car’s performance on a given track. These are like an extra level of tuning or upgrades. The player has to use strategy, knowledge of the track and knowledge of the car in order to get the most out of these Mods.

Some examples of Crew mods include:
· Chassis Expert -- -7% weight, +3% grip
· Braking Engineer -- +20% braking, +5% power

Boost

Boost Mods give the players a specific advantage during a race or a bonus for performing well in a race. Boost Mods might increase the total amount of credits you can earn after a race, or give you a bonus to XP or credits for performing certain in-game feats. Boost Mods can only be used once – after they are used in a race, they will be automatically discarded from your Mod inventory.

Some examples of Boost mods include:
· Pristine Drafting – Earn 3,000 credits for Perfect Drafts up to 18,000 credits.
· Ghost – Your car has no collisions for the first lap of this race.
· Superior Payout – Earn +60% credits for a single race

Rarity and Slots

All Mods have rarity ratings – the more rare the Mod, the more powerful effects it can have on your race or on the post-race bonus you receive. When obtaining Mod packs, you’ll be able to tell which packs have a better chance of offering rare cards, though you won’t be able to see which Mods are in a pack until you’ve opened it.

Once you have some Mods, you can use them in a race by adding them to one of three Mods slots available to the player before each race. Players can mix and match Mods across all three categories (Boosts, Dares, and Crew) though there are some limitations to how may Mods you can engage at once. You can only use a maximum of one Dare Mod per race, and/or one Crew Mod per race. Players can play up to three Boost Mods in a race. So, for example, you could choose to run three Boost Mods, two Boost Mods and either a Crew or Dare mod, or one of each type of Mod before the race begins. As you can see, the ability to mix and match cards means that you can create some powerful combinations of cards that can offer significant bonuses at the end of a race.

http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/73/a0/73a0e115-2cd8-495f-a67d-fe174aa94617.jpg

http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/ea/06/ea06fc69-1036-4c48-ace6-241d3ad96605.jpg

Phil_SS
August 18th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Interesting...

thesameguy
August 18th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Initial reaction is do not like. Sounds like more bullshit to manage. I want to tune cars and race cars in a semi-realistic way, not play a car-based RPG where I spend all time combining materia and weapon sets and other stuff that is dumb. We already have Horizon if you want to drive around collecting things, why do it in Motorsport too?

Kchrpm
August 18th, 2015, 01:57 PM
No need to manage it, you don't have to use any of it at all. Considering I spend most of my Forza time online, I won't be able to use it most of the time anyway. Just adds something for the people that do like that stuff to spice up their offline racing.

Rare White Ape
August 18th, 2015, 11:36 PM
You know what would spice up offline racing?

Realistic AI and career progression.

Not dare mods that challenge you to *gasp* increase the difficulty a bit.

Jason
August 19th, 2015, 02:05 AM
Agreed.

Kchrpm
August 19th, 2015, 04:06 AM
Serious question: what racing games have had realistic AI? My experience is limited compared to some of the people here, but I don't remember any that stand out as realistic.

If they ever add a realistic career progression, I hope it's a completely separate mode, like the player career modes in sports games. I'm still in the "everything unlocked from the start" camp.

Rare White Ape
August 19th, 2015, 06:00 AM
Serious question: what racing games have had realistic AI? My experience is limited compared to some of the people here, but I don't remember any that stand out as realistic.

Well I think that in this day and age of more cars, more features, more tracks and moar fizziks, developers could perhaps spend more time working on AI to get it some way towards achieving that goal of realistic AI. In a hardware power vs. AI ratio comparison, I think the lowest point was when Gran Turismo only featured 5 opponents who exhibited canned AI procedures and severe rubber-banding.

It's better now, but GT has nothing, NOTHING, on Project CARS who's AI is genuinely fast on high settings and will pass you cleanly if you give them a hint of a chance. And it can't be a hardware thing, because PCARS can run on mid-to-lower-end PCs, so it's not PS3 vs. next-next gen processors limiting the AI's performance. It's all in the software, and it just takes a bit of effort to make it worth it.

I'm still in the "everything unlocked from the start" camp.

There are plenty of games available that allow this, two competing franchises in particular just prefer to entice you into playing longer to unlock the good stuff.

Kchrpm
August 19th, 2015, 06:33 AM
It's better now, but GT has nothing, NOTHING, on Project CARS who's AI is genuinely fast on high settings and will pass you cleanly if you give them a hint of a chance. And it can't be a hardware thing, because PCARS can run on mid-to-lower-end PCs, so it's not PS3 vs. next-next gen processors limiting the AI's performance. It's all in the software, and it just takes a bit of effort to make it worth it.
I just didn't know if it was actually possible. People have been trying to do it for decades, and I've never seen someone not complain about how unrealistic a racing game's AI is. It's a lot easier to improve graphics and physics than it is to improve AI, so I didn't know anyone had gotten it right. I thought from reading the PCars thread that people weren't very happy with it, either, good to know I misinterpreted that.

There are plenty of games available that allow this
Not on console. Console games almost exclusively stick to slowly unlocking vehicles/tracks/series. PCars is the first one I know of to have everything open from the outset.

Jason
August 19th, 2015, 06:54 AM
I think Forza 5's AI is good at being imperfect and aggressive... since its based on real drivers apparently... the problem is they're a bit too aggressive :lol:

George
August 19th, 2015, 07:34 AM
I've noticed the aggression of the AI drivers in Forza 4, too. It seems as if you hit one of them in a corner, that same car will sometimes ram you later in the race, if given the opportunity. As in GT, when I can't get around any other way, I'll go into a turn too fast on the inside and bounce off the AI cars as a way to get past them. Cheap? For sure. But the Forza 4 drivers seem to hold a grudge...or maybe it's just my imagination?

Kchrpm
August 19th, 2015, 09:04 AM
or maybe it's just my imagination?
Running away with you?

racerfink
August 19th, 2015, 10:15 AM
New cars announced. http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_forza_garage_week_8

And you didn't mis-interpret my feelings about Project Cars at all, Krunch. On the XBox, it absolutely SUCKS. It might be better with a wheel, but I shouldn't have to buy a $400 accessory to play a $60 game.

Mr Wonder
August 19th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Lamborghini LM 002? Well, okay then.

Kchrpm
August 19th, 2015, 12:30 PM
An Escalade...ESV...from 2012.

But also a classic F1 car! Is the Eagle T1G the first classic open wheel car in the series?

Phil_SS
August 19th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Lamborghini LM 002? Well, okay then.

The trucks and SUVs are used for Cat and Mouse.

An Escalade...ESV...from 2012.

But also a classic F1 car! Is the Eagle T1G the first classic open wheel car in the series?

Ummm no. Forza 5 has the Lotus 49 and the Brabham BT46. Plus they have already announced several more in Forza 6. Fairly exciting though. Only a couple more and we'll have GPL. :D

Kchrpm
August 19th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Oh, sweet :D Brain fart :) I had been identifying race cars by the #s in the name.

Edit: Ok, I looked for 1960s-70s cars whose name looked like F1 car names, then confirmed with a Google search. Found these 4, are there any more?

1967 Brabham BT24
1967 Eagle-Weslake T1G
1967 Lotus Type 49
1966 McLaren M2B

Phil_SS
August 19th, 2015, 06:01 PM
That's it so far. But here's hoping they are able to add the Ferrari 312, BRM P115, Honda RA300 and the Cooper T81B.

Tom Servo
August 19th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Ooooh, Eagle-Weslake

Kchrpm
August 20th, 2015, 02:22 AM
Ferrari 312? That sounds familiar...

1976 Ferrari #1 Scuderia Ferrari 312T2 also on the list.

Kchrpm
August 20th, 2015, 02:42 AM
1967 Brabham BT24
1967 Eagle-Weslake T1G
1976 Ferrari #1 Scuderia Ferrari 312T2
1952 Ferrari 375
1967 Lotus Type 49
1966 McLaren M2B

Phil_SS
August 20th, 2015, 05:41 AM
Ooooh, Eagle-Weslake

I know right....... :D

Ferrari 312? That sounds familiar...

1976 Ferrari #1 Scuderia Ferrari 312T2 also on the list.

Not the car I am referring to. I'm talking about the 1967 Ferrari 312. But the 1976 Ferrari 312 T2 and the 1976 McLaren #11 Team McLaren M23 are era equivalents. They are the cars that James Hunt and Niki Lauda drove and portrayed in the movie "Rush".

The 1939 Auto Union Type D and 1939 Maserati 8CTF are also classic open wheel race cars.

Kchrpm
August 20th, 2015, 06:04 AM
Indeed, but I noticed that F1 started in 1950, so I left them off. Not sure what, if anything, to put in that classification field I made up for no real reason.

Rare White Ape
August 22nd, 2015, 12:13 AM
Grand Prix cars. That's what they are.

The direct lineage from the first Grand Prix in France is continued today in Formula One.

stephenb
August 22nd, 2015, 02:43 PM
Freude's not the only one with some new swag. Just upgraded from my old Playseats Evolution which was showing its age. The new additions apart from the cockpit itself are the Clubsport Shifter SQ and Clubsport Handbrake (for some Dirt Rally action). No xbone universal hub yet, or xbone but the car list continues to look better and better. We'll see.

http://www.zen215777.zen.co.uk/Zalem/ZalemEve-cockpit.jpg

http://www.zen215777.zen.co.uk/Zalem/ZalemEve-hotseat.jpg

http://www.zen215777.zen.co.uk/Zalem/ZalemEve-pedals.jpg

http://www.zen215777.zen.co.uk/Zalem/ZalemEve.jpg

http://www.zen215777.zen.co.uk/Zalem/ZalemEve-night.jpg

Freude am Fahren
August 22nd, 2015, 03:33 PM
Now that's a proper setup :up:

Since Dirt doesn't allow H-pattern shifter (I think), I've been using the paddles and the Seq. shifter as a handbrake. Handbrake is on the list though.

Are those the v1 CS pedals? My clutch is unusable now :(

stephenb
August 22nd, 2015, 04:49 PM
Yes, v1's still going strong touch wood. Had to replace the PCB/sensor on the throttle pedal 2/3 years back but other than that they have been trouble free.

speedpimp
August 22nd, 2015, 05:46 PM
'66 Ford Country Squire? I might be in just for that one alone.

Freude am Fahren
August 23rd, 2015, 11:45 AM
Just pre-ordered my XBone F6 edition from Amazon. Interestingly, I noticed the Halo5 limited edition XBone is $100 more over the other versions, including the F6 one, which is basically the same idea, just different game. It comes with the $100 version of Halo, instead of the $60 one like Forza, so it should cost only $40 more :twitch:

racerfink
August 23rd, 2015, 05:01 PM
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/forza-motorsport-6-partnership/

novicius
August 23rd, 2015, 05:09 PM
Very cool! :D :up:

Rare White Ape
August 23rd, 2015, 08:33 PM
Nice!

Phil_SS
August 24th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Week 9 Garage Release with aforementioned V8 Supercars (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_forza_garage_week_9)

8400RPM
August 24th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Wow nice setup there Stephen, I'm jealous.

Has anyone confirmed that all the old crap car models from the early Forza's have been redone? I heard it mentioned somewhere a while back but haven't seen it again so I'm worried. That car list would be a lot more exciting if it were so.

Kchrpm
August 24th, 2015, 12:37 PM
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Battletoads Edition

stephenb
August 24th, 2015, 02:20 PM
...Has anyone confirmed that all the old crap car models from the early Forza's have been redone? I heard it mentioned somewhere a while back but haven't seen it again so I'm worried. That car list would be a lot more exciting if it were so. They keep quoting all the models are Forza Vista quality in the marketing so I assume so.

SkylineObsession
August 25th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Last i looked (Forza 5?) the R32 Skyline GT-R and a couple of others still don't look quite right. :(

SkylineObsession
August 26th, 2015, 09:55 PM
In saying that, this game and/or Cities: Skylines and maybe Horizon 2 are swaying my decision to buy a XbOne into the 'yes chance' section.

Kchrpm
August 27th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Gone gold, more cars: http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_gone_gold

2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R

Ooooooooooooooooh yeah.

Also, the demo will be made available on Sep 1.

Kchrpm
August 27th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Changed my sheet to have the complete car and track list, with details that are available for the tracks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O_9e3AoCMjna-JJJesRCBHNJXANWGdobiepMAUrjtTs/edit?usp=sharing

Kchrpm
August 27th, 2015, 07:46 AM
My updated main rotation projection
X-Class: 2015 Chevrolet #9 Target Chip Ganassi Racing IndyCar / Corvette Racing C7.R Paintjob
P-Class: 1999 BMW #15 BMW Motorsport V12 LMR
R-Cass: 2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R / American Flag Paintjob with Jakes instead of stars
S-Class: 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 / C7.R Engine Swap / American Flag Paintjob with Jakes instead of stars

Phil_SS
August 27th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Can't be many cars left to release. I think they originally said 450+ and there are 480 some. Unless they meant 450 individual models. Then they are probably close to that.

Kchrpm
August 27th, 2015, 10:02 AM
I think this is the full list of cars available at launch.

Kchrpm
August 27th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Ha, people are already pouring over the available images and pointing out the flaws in the models: http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/threads/forza-motorsport-6-the-bugfest.39984/

Easier since some of them are holdovers from previous games, but still amusing to me that they call these "bugs" and are so focused.

Phil_SS
August 27th, 2015, 11:49 AM
My updated main rotation projection
X-Class: 2015 Chevrolet #9 Target Chip Ganassi Racing IndyCar / Corvette Racing C7.R Paintjob
P-Class: 1999 BMW #15 BMW Motorsport V12 LMR
R-Cass: 2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R / American Flag Paintjob with Jakes instead of stars

Does this mean you are getting an Xbone? :D

Kchrpm
August 27th, 2015, 11:58 AM
I shouldn't. I really shouldn't. If not for having a Best Buy credit card, I couldn't.

But that hasn't always stopped me before. Buying a house is about the only smart financial decision I've ever made, everything else is just a never-ending shit show for which I'm constantly paying the penalty.

21Kid
August 27th, 2015, 12:07 PM
But you're having fun doing it!!! :D

Kchrpm
August 27th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Don't make me start spiraling!

My official answer is maybe, and I'm going to lie and blame it on waning interest in video games even though I'm really close to spending $100 on Disney Infinity crap.

Phil_SS
August 31st, 2015, 03:55 PM
Pre-loading has started and it is 44Gb.

Freude am Fahren
August 31st, 2015, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know, are these special edition XBone's preloaded with the game? I just realized I am going to have to download it if not :(

I realize most of the time you get a download redeem thing, but I figured with these special chassis, maybe the came preloaded?

Kchrpm
August 31st, 2015, 06:08 PM
I think they always just come with a download code.

novicius
August 31st, 2015, 06:10 PM
I didn't get a call from GameStop yet -- is the official release date tomorrow?

Kchrpm
August 31st, 2015, 06:13 PM
No, just the demo is tomorrow, the game comes out on the 15th.

novicius
August 31st, 2015, 06:23 PM
Ah ok -- carry on.

8400RPM
August 31st, 2015, 07:17 PM
No, just the demo is tomorrow, the game comes out on the 15th.

Or the 10th if you pre-order the Ultimate edition, which I did.

I don't know how they do it, but as many things that bother me about the Forza franchise, I always end up falling for the hype and buying it. I guess I usually end up enjoying it for the most part.

GreatScawt
August 31st, 2015, 07:23 PM
I normally do as well, but I'll be sticking with FH2. I don't normally by VIP or car passes or expansions, but I bought all of it and there's still a ton of content left for me.

Kchrpm
September 1st, 2015, 03:15 AM
I have quite the hump to get over to play this game, I don't know where I'm going to end up.

Kchrpm
September 1st, 2015, 05:21 AM
Someone please let me know what is in the demo, so I don't waste my friend's time by going over to his house and downloading it just for it to be super limited :)

21Kid
September 1st, 2015, 05:34 AM
You could buy a Xbone and test it yourself... :finger:

Kchrpm
September 1st, 2015, 05:41 AM
And then I could just return the XBone if I decide the demo isn't good enough...

racerfink
September 1st, 2015, 07:28 AM
Just did the opening race in Brazil with the Ford GT. Pretty good so far. About to start in a FR-S...

racerfink
September 1st, 2015, 07:38 AM
FR-S at Lime Rock. At first, it feels a little arcadey, which I thought maybe they did for the demo. But after the first lap, I realized that they've made the handling more realistic. If you're pushing the car, it will have grip, until you've over-stepped, then it has to be brought back before you can get on it again. The first lap, I was in so much traffic, I couldn't really explore the cornering limits.

There's a feature to turn off AI aggresiveness (blocking, swerving). Getting ready to start race two with the FR-S.

Kchrpm
September 1st, 2015, 07:42 AM
At Lime Rock? The demo might just be the first part of the actual game, as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXDc7i-XmXo

racerfink
September 1st, 2015, 07:56 AM
Very well could be. It's a 12gb download.

The 2nd race with the FR-S was Yas Marina at night, and they introduce you to the mod system. Seems like it's a playable instruction booklet in a way. Looks like the third race is Sebring in the wet, but a Showcase Event in an Indycar first.

racerfink
September 1st, 2015, 08:30 AM
Disappoinnted in the rain race at Sebring. Having driven Sebring for 25 years, I know what it's like in the rain. They captured none of that. Every painted surface ( especially the s/f line) is slicker than snot in the rain. And the hydro-plane puddles are completely random, and not where the track puddles in real life. That could be forgivable, but they completely kill the flow of the track where they've placed them, not to mention you have to slow down a LOT to not go skating off the track. Don't imagine I'll be doing many rain races...

And... That's it for the Demo. Five races in total, but it does unlock rivals mode when you complete the last race.

Freude am Fahren
September 1st, 2015, 08:53 AM
Why do they still have the hands move off the steering wheel to shift paddles?

novicius
September 2nd, 2015, 07:34 AM
Finished the FM6 Demo this morning. :up:

Turn 10 continues their evolution of the Handling Model closer to Gran Turismo, IMO -- in that the cars feel lighter (due to their propensity to push in a given vector) and more slippery (again, IMO!). I am not saying it's a bad thing but if you come to FM6 expecting that live, gritty, tires-dancing-in-your-hand Forza feel, it's no longer there. My controller's rumble felt inert unless I was driving over something. Could also be the crappy stock XBONE controllers, too. :lol:

The FM6 Demo shows cars that are pretty enough, just don't look at the trees in the background. #ugh I chose a Competition Yellow 1997 Mazda RX-7 for my initial ride. After the simple Ford GT intro race, you can adjust your settings; I changed mine over to XBL Fast Guyz style:

Full Line
Normal Steering
No ABS
No TCS
Manual w/. Clutch
Cosmetic Damage

So right off the bat I can say that Turn 10 has FINALLY nerfed the artifical MwC boost!! :D Or at least lessen it greatly. This should make racing against folks using Automatic transmission settings a lot more competitive. :up: :up:

Driving in 3rd person is tougher, too. The car just feels lethargic and understeer-y in the extreme. Fine-adjustments in the corners just aren't possible in 3rd person view. Switching back to In-Car view, it feels like cheating, you have so much more grip, response & control. Very nice.

You can elect to restart your races over and over again, as the Credits and misc point totals all stack. Also, Turn 10 has brought over the RNG (?) Spin event from Forza Horizon -- so did EVERYONE win 1 Million Spacebucks? Seemed fishy to me... but a good kind of fishy. I'm assuming that these values are going to be added to your FM6 game.

Yas Marina is slippery. #shrug Sebring (for those of us who haven't been actually driving it) is mostly fine. Seems toned-down (again, that could simply be more due to the less communicative Handling Model overall). Indycars? Visually exciting! But technically-speaking just get up to 6th gear and hold it down, no bigs. Turn 10 still doesn't have the highest of the high speed simulation down, so don't quit your iRacing sub just yet! ;)

Overall? Eh, I dig it. :) Good enough. :lol: Love the MwC nerf. :up:

Phil_SS
September 2nd, 2015, 09:40 AM
I DLed it, played it then deleted it. [Just kidding, just feel I have to represent Cam since he is lost in X360 land.]

Anyways, I highly enjoyed the gameplay. The first race is with the Ford GT in Rio and it gave me a goal of finishing in the top 3. The race includes every aid including auto brake and the AI on Easy. Thus, as long as you don't drive like an asshat you can weave yourself through the traffic and you will win the race. Which I did. It told me it added the 2017 Ford GT to my garage in Forza 6 when I buy the game. :cool:

I moved onto the 3 race series and I chose the Subaru Impreza 22B. :hard:

I changed my settings to:

Expert AI
There are two levels above this, I think it was Professional and then Unbeatable. Each has it's own little explanation. I think Expert said something like: "Racing games are what you play the most when playing video games". Unbeatable said: "Prepared to be humbled"

No line
Simulation steering
No ABS
No TCS
Manual
Full Damage

My first race I was sliding all over the place and locking up the brakes a lot; I hope there is someway to adjust the sensitivity of the braking trigger. Anyways I finished the race in 10th. Thus I didn't achieve the Top 3 finish needed to move on. So it brought me back and the host told me it could adjust the settings to make my racing more enjoyable or summat.

And I was like: I have medals for winning online races in Gran Turismo. I think I know what I'm doin, GTBN fo Lyfe! :shocker:

Anyways, it took me a few more attempts to get the handling and braking down pat. I screwed up a few times placing a tire off into the grass and I like that they have made the grass slippery and not sticky. I tried to reduce the amount of contact between me and the AI and I feel they raced very well. The race I put it all together I moved through the pack fairly easily and I finished the race in first place by a comfortable margin.

I moved onto the 2nd race at Yas Marina and even with a few screw ups because of lack of track knowledge I still finished first by a decent margin. So I can see myself moving the AI difficulty up a notch or two in the end. Oh yeah, It also gave me opportunity to use Mods. I used the +1 in grid position and +10% money. The circuit is absolutely gorgeous graphically. Very impressive at night.

It then told me that I had opened up a special event. It is a race at Indy with Indy cars. For some reason I couldn't get the car above about 200 MPH and I was lapped at about lap 4 of 7. The car had no grip in the corners. I'm guessing the setup isn't for an oval. I was being rammed from behind at one point by an AI car in a corner and I got flung into the outside barrier and then as I spun down on the infield it told me I had damaged multiple parts of my car.

So I quit out of the race cause Indy is very Meh for me, especially using a controller. I expected to be able to race the 3rd race of the 3 leg series but it just took me out to the home screen to start the demo again. :?

Next time I will just put the AI on Easy for the Indy race and finish the 3 race series. At that point I should be able to run the Rivals Events.

Overall I enjoyed it. I have seen some complaining about the graphics not being up to what they thought it would be. But I'm fine with where it is at; it looks good; runs at solid 60 FPS and has 24 cars on the track(Which is the most important part for me). For years I have stated that I just wanted a decent looking game with as many cars on the track as possible. Basically, give me Forza 4 with more cars on the track plus a better list of tracks. And that seems to be the dierction this game is headed. :up:

Kchrpm
September 2nd, 2015, 09:47 AM
Weird that your IndyCar was borked, Phil, must be a glitch. As Carlo said, and as I've seen in other videos, they'll easily get to 220-240.

As for the cars being too easy at Indy, they're all in high downforce trim with tires not wearing off, so it would be relatively simple. The top speeds shouldn't have been what they are with those wings on, though.

Sad to hear the road feel is getting worse, maybe it's a result of wanting the controller batteries to last longer and/or push more people to plop the cost of the system again to get a force feedback wheel.

novicius
September 2nd, 2015, 11:23 AM
Yeah I will cop to some graphics whoring - but hey, Lime Rock's vegetation is an eyesore! :D Ok, ok, I'll keep my eyes on the road.

Also, when I saw your Indy time, I knew something was wrong Phil. You should easily be in the 0.39.xxx range, well ahead of my 0.40.240ish time.

Jason
September 2nd, 2015, 12:05 PM
Man, I feel lame for using a racing line, no clutch, abs and traction control :P

novicius
September 2nd, 2015, 12:47 PM
You're also a faster/better racer than me Jason, turn that shit off. :D

Demio Man
September 2nd, 2015, 03:44 PM
well ahead of my 0.40.240ish time.
You do know what you don't have to lift in the corners at Indy right? Just asking because I've got you by just over a second there ;)

novicius
September 2nd, 2015, 03:48 PM
Yep I'm shaky as hell, no worries. :lol:

Tom Servo
September 2nd, 2015, 06:24 PM
Picked up the demo (which was nearly impossible to find from within the Xbox, had to do it via the web), and pretty much got suckered into buying the full thing. I guess at least I'm rewarding them for releasing a demo.

I picked the S2000. Set it up with no line, cosmetic damage only because the AI cars are fucktards, kept rewind on because the AI cars are fucktards, and all other aids off. I'd never actually done the clutch thing before, not sure how useful it is with the controller, it more just seems annoying. Especially in that indy car event, I couldn't get the damn thing off the line. Just kept sitting there bogging down until one time it magically started moving. Definitely sounds like you were glitched, Phil, as the race was a cakewalk for me. Full throttle through the whole thing, just a tiny little bump on the thumbstick to get it to bend through the corners.

Lime Rock seems done pretty well. I also actually like the mods thing, it helps mix things up a little bit. So far I've only had a one time bonus of 10% winnings, an "improved starting position" (I still hate that so many of these games don't let you qualify), and then a 6% grip improvement at Yas Marina, which was pretty handy leading into the Yas Marina race.

As far as Sebring goes, I haven't actually been driving it like racerfink. I can say that if you're not going into it expecting puddles in certain spots, I like the addition of the big puddles with hydroplaning. Definitely keeps you on your toes, and found puddles in the kinds of places I'd expect to, like right up against pit wall on the front straight.

Overall pleased. Lack of anti-aliasing was often evident, but I'll trade that for a good framerate and a large field. Definitely enjoyed my time in the demo and it left me wanting more. Will probably turn the clutch off.

Oh, and yes, I also got 1,000,000 spacebucks Novi. I also won the Veyron on the previous spin. I feel almost lied to.

Demio Man
September 2nd, 2015, 06:34 PM
Limiting the AI "aggressiveness" seems to help in that the AI aren't deliberately being a bunch of douches. They still sometimes get in the way, but that's mainly because I've got them at Highly Skilled so that they actually do things like screw up corner entry and such. Adds a little to the realism for me.

Oh, and I got the Veyron and a million spacebucks on my third try. I'm also liking the Golf R a lot better than I did in Forza 5.

GreatScawt
September 2nd, 2015, 07:44 PM
Played through the demo. I had fun but I'm definitely holding off, though.

-The physics ARE different. Not in a bad way, though.
-I really like the nighttime effects and the water/fog/track steam effects. Looks good :up:
-Something is off about the graphics, IMO. They're less than I expected.
-The Indy race was fun, but something was off there, too. Obviously they're fast cars, but it felt like the scale of the track was off or something, just the way it flew by. Maybe it's the field of view? *shrug*

Demio Man
September 2nd, 2015, 09:03 PM
The demo seems to drop anti-aliasing at times, that might be what you're seeing. Not a deal breaker for me. I still hope they fixed that for the final game.

Indy was really fun. The place is still really big. it just seems smaller at 230 MPH :lol:

GreatScawt
September 3rd, 2015, 04:32 AM
I don't think it helped the AI was going seemingly 50+ mph slower either :lol:

novicius
September 3rd, 2015, 05:49 AM
Re-ran Indy; netted a best time of 00:39:366 but it wasn't enough to beat my 00:39:104 I got when I sheared off a string of cones in Turn 3. :lol:

Also, the AI seems really easy. :erm: I cranked it up to "Pro" and still won at Yas Marina.

Phil_SS
September 3rd, 2015, 08:38 AM
Yeah. I have a feeling all of us will have the AI cranked up to Unbeatable in short order.

I went back and played through all of the demo last night. I think I found out why my Indy car wasn't doing well. My first attempt last night I was out front of everyone and beginning to lap some guys and I touched one of them and it damaged my aero. At that point I couldn't go any faster than about 190. So I think that is what happened the other day, I just didn't notice I had damaged it. And I can't stand doing oval races with a controller, it just leads to a lot of weaving about in the corners.

The Sebring race was fun in the rain, and I liked the effects. Though the one puddle seems to be really problematic. It's right at the apex of Turn 9 and seems to hydroplane you almost into the grass. I wonder how that will be when I'm driving something that is a hell of a lot faster and lighter.

Had a blast afterwards with the Rivals events. By far my favorite part of Forza 4 and I'm glad they are carrying it on. I'm comin for ya SlipZtrem. I only played the Lime Rock Event and after a few laps I was top 1000 and only about a second off the pace with a bunch of areas I could improve.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also changed my steering setting to Normal. I was having a devil of a time keeping the RX-7 pointed forward when taking turns. It did say that Controller players would have a tough time with the setting but I used it in Forza 4 with no problems. It appears they may have moved the Forza 4 Sim feeling to Normal and jacked up the settings for SIM to accommodate the wheel users.

And I found out how to adjust the trigger deadspots which was causing me to lock up the brakes at the slightest touch. If you go in the controller settings, down at the bottom is a button guide. I think if you hit "Y" it sends you to an advanced screen where you can adjust the deadspots. Not sure what Inner and Outer meant but when I cranked them down to zero it made a huge difference. I could modulate the trigger like pressing on a brake pedal.

Kchrpm
September 3rd, 2015, 09:10 AM
:up: to deeper demo dive info

Rivals is just time trials with a ghost for whoever you're chasing next, correct?

Phil_SS
September 3rd, 2015, 10:14 AM
Correct.

And that ghost can represent anybody on the leader boards. So I can go the person who set the fastest current time and race against their ghost.

novicius
September 3rd, 2015, 11:56 AM
Pro tip: if you haven't tried the Honda S2000 CR, give it a go! :up: :up:

Phil_SS
September 4th, 2015, 04:42 AM
So, I'm not sure my trigger fix has done anything. While it works pretty good with ABS, I still can't use No ABS without the slightest touch locking up the brakes.

Unless that sound it makes when braking is not locking up the brakes......

I just had a quick search online and it appears setting the Deadzone to 0/100 will use 100% of the throw on the controller. I'll have to give that a go. Though it may be that my controller is not working properly.

Tom Servo
September 4th, 2015, 04:46 AM
I definitely find it really hard to not lock up but have been getting better at it. It's not the slightest touch, but I'd say if I give it more than 40% of travel or so the brakes will lock up.

21Kid
September 4th, 2015, 05:15 AM
Did you update your controllers firmware?

edit: nevermind. That was for the stereo headset. Not the settings, which was done automatically (http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/12/5405154/report-xbox-one-update-controller-sticks-more-precise-respawn-microsoft-titanfall).

Kchrpm
September 4th, 2015, 05:57 AM
I remember in some version of the game I tuned most cars to have 80% maximum brake pressure to help with that.

Phil_SS
September 4th, 2015, 06:31 AM
I definitely find it really hard to not lock up but have been getting better at it. It's not the slightest touch, but I'd say if I give it more than 40% of travel or so the brakes will lock up.

Yeah, same here. And nice lap time on Sebring with the Z06 Vette.

BTW, once again Turn 10 has shown that they take the aural experience very seriously. It is awesome to hear the difference between the Ginsu knife razor edge sound of the F430 Scuderia compared to the Battle Axe thunder of the Z06.

21Kid
September 4th, 2015, 06:36 AM
I remember in some version of the game I tuned most cars to have 80% maximum brake pressure to help with that.

When I wasn't using ABS, I took mine down to 90%.

Freude am Fahren
September 4th, 2015, 07:23 AM
Question: When you choose to use the clutch, is it only needed on cars with a clutch? Or do you get damage on a car like the Ford GT?

Phil_SS
September 4th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Unless that was fixed in Forza 5, I think the clutch and aka manual transmission is assumed to have been available on all cars even when it wasn't.

Rare White Ape
September 4th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Though it may be that my controller is not working properly.

Easy way to check:

Connect your controller to a PC and open up the game controllers window, then click properties.

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/content/binary/WindowsLiveWriter/Xbox360WirelessReceiverAdapterforWindows_1317D/Controller%20(Xbox%20360%20Wireless%20...%20proper ties%5B5%5D.png

If you pull the triggers those red/blue bars at the top should move. A good controller will gradually fill the bar. If it's borked like you think it might be it'll go from 0-100% instantly.

Demio Man
September 5th, 2015, 12:05 PM
I tried the 0/100 controller settings. They deliver a nice improvement in the demo, and a very dramatic improvement in Forza 5.

Kchrpm
September 8th, 2015, 05:43 AM
It seems the limited rumble feedback Carlo felt may have been only in the demo (or a result of a low controller battery?), according to this review.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/8/9248997/forza-motorsport-6-review-xbox-one

Forza Motorsport 6 is the most force-feedback driven console game I've ever played. The amount of information relayed by the Xbox One controller's various forms of vibration is striking. It's trivially easy to know exactly how your car is doing at any given moment, how much stress your tires are under, how close your brakes are to locking up, what kind of road conditions you're on, all via the rumble traveling across the controller and through the triggers. The pair of previous Xbox One Forza releases took advantage of the system's so-called "rumble triggers," but Forza 6's implementation is in a class by itself (and will in turn punish your controller's battery life; I estimate I got maybe half the usual charge time while playing for review as I have any other game in the system's lifespan so far).

novicius
September 8th, 2015, 09:38 AM
It may be the demo but it's not my battery: I don't use any. I run wired to my XBONE on my desk.

I am playing the demo now and have it paused at the moment. Trust me, I am not exaggerating -- if you are accelerating hard in a straight line across blacktop, the rumble effect is completely silent.

Edit: My triggers bounce if I'm bouncing off of the rev limiter. If you're in a corner and you start to slide/drift then the rumble kicks in. But running through the revs in gear? Nothing. Shifting gears using the clutch? Nothing.

Also I did try to run through Lime Rock in the Golf R. While it is AWD, it's FWD-biased AWD. In past FM games, FWD cars always have been chatty through the controller. Not this time, I'm still feeling nothing while accelerating forward, shifting gears or even holding a line (but not sliding/drifting) through a corner on smooth pavement.

That article's author is full of shit (if he was only judging the demo).

Jason
September 8th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Played the demo earlier... thoughts:

- Ok narrator, stop talking. I hope she doesn't talk so damned much in the game, it's frustrating. This has been the case for multiple Forza entries now.
- 'Mods' are stupid.
- Graphics are pretty good overall, much like 5 and Horizon
- The daytime race is almost too crisp in graphics, it looks cartoonish. I feel like daytime should still have some semblance of environmental effects, haze, asphalt heat, something... instead of unlimited depth of field, cartoonish colors, and dynamic range that is HDR like. If you have that much sun, there should be some deep deep shadows, at the very least.
- Night time and rain effects are pretty damned solid though, especially the rain. I really like how the cars get a little loose in the puddles, and the limited visibility is well done too. The fact that they can get that sort of overcast/rain effect so right makes me kind of annoyed with how bad (imo) the good weather race looked.
- Glad they seemed to have toned down the final corner at Sebring, I have no idea if it's realistic, but that corner has always bugged the hell out of me in Forza, it feels like I'm off roading in past versions, in this version it just seems like a relatively bumpy road.
- Handling seems like what I know, considering the settings I use. Manual/ABS/TCS... I know, I know, you guys are cooler for clutch/no helpers, but fuck it. I cannot make such small adjustments to deal with not having ABS or TCS on a controller. Would be different with a decent steering wheel setup (which I badly want), I assume.
- I like that they include an option for limiting the aggression of the Drivatars. While I do enjoy that Forza 5's drivers will swap paint, block you, and the what not, some of the time they are outright nasty. It's a good option to have for when I want to have a more peaceful experience :up:

Um...

Yeah that's about it. Hope they add some more tracks to the real-deal over time, that's my only 'complaint' really heading into release. Oh, and I kind of wish that Forza would have 'race body' mods instead of just the Forza bumper and wing. It'd be cool to (for example) be able to modify a car with a wider track with the body work to support it.

Freude am Fahren
September 8th, 2015, 07:27 PM
[R] mods might be the best feature of all the GT, FH and FM games combined.

SkylineObsession
September 8th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Nice GT reference there. Brings back memories. *sigh*
Still umming and ahhing about buying a Bone, still got a few things to do to the house first before i can start disposing of money again. :/

Mr Wonder
September 9th, 2015, 07:52 AM
Caught the TV commercial last night. It's really rather clever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O1OrTcfqBI

I'm still on the fence as to whether this is a £400 game (I don't have an xbone yet) but the willpower is weakening.

thesameguy
September 9th, 2015, 08:59 AM
That is aces!

Phil_SS
September 9th, 2015, 12:25 PM
- Handling seems like what I know, considering the settings I use. Manual/ABS/TCS... I know, I know, you guys are cooler for clutch/no helpers, but fuck it. I cannot make such small adjustments to deal with not having ABS or TCS on a controller.

It's all good. Whatever will bring you out to the track and competing.

*ducks

novicius
September 9th, 2015, 01:59 PM
:lol: :up:

Freude am Fahren
September 9th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Caught the TV commercial last night. It's really rather clever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O1OrTcfqBI

:up: Electric Six

http://www.freudeamfoto.com/gtx/dangerdanger.gif

Jason
September 9th, 2015, 04:23 PM
I'd wreck the fuck out of all of you. :lol:

Rare White Ape
September 10th, 2015, 01:30 AM
I'd wreck your mom.

Jason
September 10th, 2015, 01:37 AM
Dad?

Phil_SS
September 10th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Everything makes so much sense now.

Tom Servo
September 10th, 2015, 09:36 AM
I'm digging the rain effects when driving the MX-5 - rain drops flowing across both the windshield and the visor.