PDA

View Full Version : I hear it's hot in England?

G'day Mate
July 1st, 2015, 03:29 PM
36°? Pfft, amateurs.

thesameguy
July 1st, 2015, 03:31 PM
That's long sleeves weather as far as I'm concerned. Hell, I'm doing it right now.

Godson
July 1st, 2015, 03:41 PM
That's not hot.

Try 105 and 80% humidity.

G'day Mate
July 1st, 2015, 03:53 PM
We had five days in a row over 45 (108) last year, and a few years ago we had fifteen days in a row above what England are calling a heat-wave now.

After about a week it really starts affecting people actually. Everyone just kinda slows down and they actually get pretty relaxed and carefree.

Rare White Ape
July 1st, 2015, 05:02 PM
20 degrees here, middle of "winter."

overpowered
July 1st, 2015, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty sure most people in the U.K. don't have air conditioning, because they rarely need it.

Dicknose
July 1st, 2015, 09:55 PM
I dont have air conditioning or heating. Temp is generally ok that I can live without.

But its bloody cold here at the moment. 16C today with min about 8C. Thats just too cold!
Looking forward to crossing the equator soon.

LHutton
July 1st, 2015, 11:29 PM
It's hot enough such that no sane person would want hotter.

overpowered
July 2nd, 2015, 12:36 AM
I dont have air conditioning or heating. Temp is generally ok that I can live without.

But its bloody cold here at the moment. 16C today with min about 8C. Thats just too cold!
Looking forward to crossing the equator soon.
I live in San Diego and even I don't think that 16C is too cold. 8C's getting cold but still not that bad. Harden the fuck up.

36C is tough, but not intolerable. Would strongly prefer air conditioning at that level.

thesameguy
July 2nd, 2015, 10:36 AM
I don't get upset at anything between 6C and 38C. Anything in there is fine. I don't play with HVAC for anything in that range. We ran the AC at home the last two days as temps were in the 40-42C range, but it's off again today with an expected high of 37C. I don't feel good about using resources when adding a layer or removing a layer brings comfort. Really, if there is any strife in my relationship it's this - my girl can't handle anything that's outside of about 24-30C and it drives me up the wall when I see her in long sleeves with the AC on or shorts with the he Hat on. We don't need to change the temp in a 3000 sq ft house because someone can't manage their wardrobe a little better. Grrr.

Random
July 2nd, 2015, 10:50 AM
Sounds like you need to manage her wardrobe for her.

*brown chicken brown cow*

thesameguy
July 2nd, 2015, 10:55 AM
:lol:

Sounds like a lot of work though. I prefer the passive-aggressive approach of just constantly turning the HVAC off and waiting for her to notice.

mk
July 2nd, 2015, 01:58 PM
24 indoors, bearable.
Had 22 few days ago, not good.

ps.
With conditioning, if memory serves.

Alan P
July 2nd, 2015, 02:29 PM
I don't mind it being warm, up in Scotland anything high teens has most reaching for t shirts and shorts so anything mid to high 20's is considered hot. It's the 35-40'c swing from winter where it does occasionally get down to -10'c at night, although -4 is usually the norm, to 28'C as we had on Tuesday that we can't cope with. Air conditioning within a private house is such an extreme rarity that I don't even remember seeing it, any house I've known about through friends and/or relatives or even have seen advertised for sale even mentioning it. Sure a lot of cars have it these days, including my own from 2004 but houses? Almost never.

I can manage with hot during the day but hot at night, anything really in high teens, just makes me feel crap and I don't sleep well. Some nights when it's very still even having the window open doesn't help and I sleep on the bed rather than in it!

Jason
July 2nd, 2015, 03:06 PM
Whats with all the 'C's? :P

Yobbo NZ
July 2nd, 2015, 04:39 PM
-4 a couple of nights ago here with a high of about 12.This isn't why I moved to Australia, I wanted to escape Christchurchs' cold winter days.

Dicknose
July 2nd, 2015, 11:17 PM
Whats with all the 'C's? :P

Sorry...

I like the temp to be around 298K

G'day Mate
July 3rd, 2015, 05:25 AM
:lol:

Kchrpm
July 6th, 2015, 06:50 AM
Sorry...

I like the temp to be around 298K

Sounds absolutely bearable.

LHutton
July 6th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Well, that was the end of that.

Drachen596
July 6th, 2015, 10:09 AM
When i was in Orlando i encountered more that a few houses that had no ac at all. I have no idea how the people in them weren't just full of murderous ragefrom the heat and humidity.

I was pretty irritable after no power for aweek after Hurricane Charlie rolled through. Way too humid.

Dicknose
July 6th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Sydney is having a serious cold streak.
Had 4 days with mins under 7C, predicting several more.
Coldest run in about 20 years.
I might skip beach volleyball this weekend, not much fun at the beach at 9am if it's going to be 10C
Winter, you suck.

mk
July 7th, 2015, 12:48 AM
El Niņo kicking back.

After few summer days last night was partially freezing, around here was ~4C.
And weather forecast offers heating, two weeks after summer solstice.