PDA

View Full Version : So Bill Cosby is officially a vile sexual predator

Sad, little man
July 7th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Why is it always the people preaching about morality the loudest that end up being the worst offenders?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/lawyers-cosbys-drugs-sex-admission-aid-womens-cases-32274543

SportWagon
July 7th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Lance Armstrong << Bill Cosby << Rolf Harris << Jimmy Savile ?

Where "<<" means in this case "less evil"?

... Lance Armstrong <<<<<< Bill Cosby << Rolf Harris << Jimmy Savile ?

Where have all my heroes gone? (Except Savile who I'd never really heard of)

The link is either broken or flakey (overloaded) by-the-way. But my wife was watching CNN last night...

sandydandy
July 7th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I was hoping it wasn't true, but I'm not surprised it is. This certainly adds credibility to the two dozen or so women who have come forth and accused him of drugging and violating them.

SportWagon
July 7th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Is the sealed document confession a common procedure? Oh part of one privately settled case.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoerner/heres-why-a-judge-unsealed-court-documents-about-bill-cosbys

And, contrary to impression I had got, it wasn't Cosby who decided to unseal it.

speedpimp
July 7th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Go back and watch a little movie from the '70s called "Mother, Jugs, & Speed", which starred Cosby(Mother), Raquel Welch(Jugs), Harvey Keitel(Speed) and Larry Hagman(right before he became J.R. Ewing). I think this Cosby is probably as close to the real Cosby as we've ever seen.

Jason
July 7th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Officially? Come on, it was pretty official when more than a couple women came forward to accuse him of rape. When its 40+ or whatever the number is, it's pretty much a god damned lock.

speedpimp
July 7th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Ya think?

tigeraid
July 8th, 2015, 08:27 AM
I still have the "Fat Albert's Car" routine memorized from the shitty ol' comedy tape I played over and over as a kid. It'll be my only good memory of this whole situation. :/

novicius
July 8th, 2015, 08:44 AM
This certainly adds credibility to the two dozen or so women who have come forth and accused him of drugging and violating them.
Seriously? This is a terrible statement -- if it's a straightforward case of his word against 1 woman THEN credibility is required. But nearly 40 different accusers???

The fucker is guilty, period. :down:

21Kid
July 8th, 2015, 08:47 AM
phrasing...

novicius
July 8th, 2015, 08:57 AM
My bad. :lol:

overpowered
July 8th, 2015, 10:15 AM
So phrasing is back in the rotation?

21Kid
July 8th, 2015, 11:12 AM
I don't get out much. :(

overpowered
July 8th, 2015, 12:45 PM
:lol:

Dicknose
July 8th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Interesting that the document was unsealed because he had put himself into the public arena commenting on related moral topics and even commenting on other accusations.

While it is breaking the agreement of privacy, I actually think its not a bad principle.
You cant admit something in a sealed document and then turn around and publicly say the opposite.

overpowered
July 8th, 2015, 11:04 PM
47 women. That is an astounding number of women accusing him. 3 or 4 makes it seem virtually impossible that he's not guilty. 47 is beyond ridiculous.

I didn't want to believe it either. He did some great comedy. I was a huge fan. I long ago was forced to accept that he's a bad guy. The fact that he's admitted wrong doing does not make a difference.

TheBenior
July 8th, 2015, 11:08 PM
47 women. That is an astounding number of women accusing him. 3 or 4 makes it seem virtually impossible that he's not guilty. 47 is beyond ridiculous.

I didn't want to believe it either. He did some great comedy. I was a huge fan. I long ago was forced to accept that he's a bad guy. The fact that he's admitted wrong doing does not make a difference.

QFT

LHutton
July 9th, 2015, 02:25 AM
Lance Armstrong << Bill Cosby << Rolf Harris << Jimmy Savile << Rotherham << 1970-80s British Establishment
Just adding a few.

sandydandy
July 9th, 2015, 02:27 AM
Seriously? This is a terrible statement -- if it's a straightforward case of his word against 1 woman THEN credibility is required. But nearly 40 different accusers???

The fucker is guilty, period. :down: Some of us were actually giving him the benefit of the doubt from the beginning. But I guess we're way past that now. LOL.

SportWagon
July 9th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Hey, hey hey, I spy Heathcliff Huxtable. :(

novicius
July 9th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Some of us were actually giving him the benefit of the doubt from the beginning.
Yeah... the moment the count got up past four, it's pretty safe to say something's unequivocally fishy.

47? C'mon man!

Rare White Ape
July 10th, 2015, 12:46 AM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/098d9489d6f830d848a2eab22fcacdc9/tumblr_nr983yB9Tf1rfq4gvo1_540.jpg

SportWagon
July 10th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Lance Armstrong << Bill Cosby << Rolf Harris << Jimmy Savile << Rotherham << 1970-80s British Establishment
Just adding a few.
Actually, I was really only thinking of fallen celebrities.

Blerpa
July 10th, 2015, 12:11 PM
http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/the-lost-girls/

Just to add to the disgust and sadness.

Tom Servo
July 10th, 2015, 05:25 PM
I'm sorta surprised to hear that Whoopi Goldberg is continuing to defend him.

Rikadyn
July 10th, 2015, 09:06 PM
I'm sorta surprised to hear that Whoopi Goldberg is continuing to defend him.

maybe she still wants his pudding pop

Tom Servo
July 10th, 2015, 09:17 PM
http://data2.whicdn.com/images/37403519/large.gif

Rare White Ape
July 11th, 2015, 04:51 AM
https://scontent-nrt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11218806_925066257560898_308734747198453988_n.jpg? oh=d3c3ae3d214f99bbdcd3cdcc3928bc78&oe=56278969

speedpimp
July 11th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Cosby has landed a new sitcom on The Disney Channel. It's called That's So Rapin'.

overpowered
July 13th, 2015, 08:20 AM
https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11705127_486872268146903_2395842269398257759_n.jpg ?oh=7d39d2d613aeaca76e01dea68fe7a5e6&oe=565A9602

21Kid
July 14th, 2015, 09:42 AM
"The View" co-host Whoopi Goldberg has been outspoken in her support of comedian Bill Cosby.

On Tuesday, she said on the show that she can no longer say "innocent until proven guilty."

"If this is to be tried in the court of public opinion, I got to say all of the information that's out there kind of points to guilt," she said during a conversation with ABC News chief legal analyst Dan Abrams. Support is dwindling...

sandydandy
July 14th, 2015, 11:09 AM
She finally woke up.

Crazed_Insanity
July 14th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Guess moral of the story is that we ought not visit these mega stars in any private setting..., believing that we are somehow special getting special access. Might just be some sort of trap!

I'm like Whoopie, willing to give people the benefit of the doubt and believe people are always innocent until proven guilty. However, I'm also not so naive to believe that they're gods and can't possibly do anything wrong...

With that said, Michael Jackson's Music and Bill Cosby's comedy will always have a special place in my heart though. It's really too bad their legacies are now tainted like this. Oh well.

So yeah, follow these stars on twitter or whatever, but just make sure you don't follow them home or to a hotel room...

Freude am Fahren
July 14th, 2015, 04:10 PM
She finally woke up.
http://media.giphy.com/media/198Ff4cvw8eVq/giphy.gif

sandydandy
July 16th, 2015, 05:41 AM
Unintentional, I assure you. But yeah, it works.

LHutton
July 18th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Actually, I was really only thinking of fallen celebrities.
Gary Glitter, Max Clifford, some DJs etc.

Sad, little man
July 22nd, 2015, 05:14 AM
Ha, and now Cosby's lawyers are saying that just because he admitted to giving women drugs and having sex with them doesn't mean he gave women drugs and raped them. Which, you know, I guess has a snowball's chance in hell of being believable, except for those 40 women who claim he gave them drugs and raped them.

Jesus christ, this man just continues to look slimier and slimier. But hell, I guess after you drug and rape 40 women while appearing as the wholesome spokesman for jello on the side, you have to figure out some way to twist the facts around enough that you can live with yourself.

thesameguy
July 22nd, 2015, 03:43 PM
I find it impossible to form an opinion about people who take drugs and then get mad when weird shit happens. Like, women, you should have known better than to take to drugs. Cosby, you should have known better than to hang around women who take drugs. Women, you should have known better than to hang around celebrities who ply you with drugs. Cosby, you should have known better than to have drugs and rape when you're a celebrity. The whole thing and everyone involved in it is stupid and they should be jailed for stupidity.

LHutton
July 23rd, 2015, 01:36 AM
Ha, and now Cosby's lawyers are saying that just because he admitted to giving women drugs and having sex with them doesn't mean he gave women drugs and raped them. Which, you know, I guess has a snowball's chance in hell of being believable, except for those 40 women who claim he gave them drugs and raped them.

Jesus christ, this man just continues to look slimier and slimier. But hell, I guess after you drug and rape 40 women while appearing as the wholesome spokesman for jello on the side, you have to figure out some way to twist the facts around enough that you can live with yourself.
The crazy thing is that he's going to escape prosecution. You can bet on it.

Sad, little man
July 23rd, 2015, 02:33 AM
The Fuxtables... Has anyone come up with that yet?

LHutton
July 23rd, 2015, 05:03 AM
Yeah me, 30 years ago. There wasn't really any reason for it back then, I just did that kind of name-changing thing as a kid anyway.

The 'Air' in 'Fresh Price of Bel Air' was also changed to another 3-letter word.

The359
July 23rd, 2015, 09:43 AM
I find it impossible to form an opinion about people who take drugs and then get mad when weird shit happens. Like, women, you should have known better than to take to drugs. Cosby, you should have known better than to hang around women who take drugs. Women, you should have known better than to hang around celebrities who ply you with drugs. Cosby, you should have known better than to have drugs and rape when you're a celebrity. The whole thing and everyone involved in it is stupid and they should be jailed for stupidity.

:?

Do you think the women knew they were "taking drugs"?

thesameguy
July 23rd, 2015, 11:32 AM
:?

Do you think the women knew they were "taking drugs"?

Pretty sure most if not all of them did. The complaints included people taking pills to reduce anxiety, cure a fever, "herbal supplements," and flat out get wasted. If someone offered any of those things to me without a brand name I'd recognize stamped on them they could fuck right off. Take "special blue Cosby pills" from a briefcase sounds absolutely ridiculous. I know that the drugsnsex scenario was not universal, and some of the rapes appear to be flat out rapes and the wait 30 years scenario was not universal and some victims did complain (though apparently not to actual police) so my statement isn't blanket. It is directed solely at the people to whom it applies. Especially Dickinson (the model) who believed that Cosby just happened to have pills for menstrual cramps on his person. And, again, I am not asserting anyone deserves to be taken advantage of, but seriously? A male comedian has Midol on him? Really? That is a special kind of wishful thinking. Accepting medication from anyone other than a doctor is insane. And especially from a celebrity. If a celebrity offered me a pill you'd have a hard time convincing me it was anything legal to start with. "Hey man, I've got something to take the edge off." Pretty sure that's not your own proprietary lavender & passionflower blend. Rich people aren't generally associated with Herbalife, IME, they can afford the good stuff. Especially rich comedians!

Sad, little man
July 23rd, 2015, 11:35 AM
You might not be asserting anyone deserves to be taken advantage of, but you are implying that some of the women are partially to blame for their being sexually assaulted, which is fucked.

Crazed_Insanity
July 23rd, 2015, 12:23 PM
How many fucking times do we need? To continue to have this it's 100% fault of one side argument?

Pedestrians are always right. Bikers are always right. Women who are raped are always right... simply because the other side is clearly wrong?

Evil and crazies exist in this world. All TSG is saying that a bit of precaution wouldn't hurt.

Now, I'm not implying anything, I'm saying out right that you are fucking stupid to step in front of a car with a seemingly upset driver. You are also fucking stupid to take medication from someone who you do not really know personally.

Not saying you deserved to be run over or deserved to be raped, just saying you're stupid.

Have some common sense please! Yeah, you're absolutely not 'wrong' in any way by leaving your ipad or purse in plain sight of a parked vehicle. You most certainly don't deserved to have your window broken and belongings stolen. But you're stupid. If you don't learn from your stupid behavior and repeat your stupidity, you'll likely get fucked again by some other vile predator.

It's obvious that laws cannot fully protect you from your stupidity.

Of course my comments are not directed toward those Cosby victims who did NOT know that they're being drugged.
Still, it's probably not a good idea to be alone with anybody who you don't really know in a private setting. Hope at least somebody knows where you are before you go there... Moral of the story is that we don't really know our celebrities. Don't trust them!

Godson
July 23rd, 2015, 12:44 PM
You might not be asserting anyone deserves to be taken advantage of, but you are implying that some of the women are partially to blame for their being sexually assaulted, which is fucked.

I can see his point. Little bit of deductive reasoning goes a long way. Kinda the whole "don't take medicine from an open container if you didn't open it" mentality.

thesameguy
July 23rd, 2015, 01:54 PM
Not saying you deserved to be run over or deserved to be raped, just saying you're stupid.

Yep, this. Not saying Cosby shouldn't be hanged and not saying he had any possible excuses for what happened and not saying the victims deserve blame for their part, only that if you do stupid shit and bad things happen my sympathy level for you is substantially reduced.

In this particular case, my sympathy is further reduced based on the sheer unbelievability of the circumstances. I have a really hard time believing anyone thought they were getting OTC medicine for common symptoms from a dude's pocket. Maybe some of the naïve ones did - maybe - but I really believe most of them expected something a little more underworld-y. How many rich people carry a nice assortment of Tylenol and Sudafed around? I'd wager not many.

Of course, saying "he raped me after he gave me what I thought was coke" sounds a lot worse than "he raped me after something for hayfever" so, hey, I get it. Doesn't change the fact he did the nasty against your will. He's gotta go down for that. But you, you gotta do a little looking in the mirror and see if maybe your habits didn't get you into the situation so you can maybe live happier and safer life going forward.

21Kid
July 23rd, 2015, 01:54 PM
This was in the 70's & 80's though. There was quite a different view on drugs, and sharing them, back then.

thesameguy
July 23rd, 2015, 02:06 PM
Doesn't change the fact that either you took candy from a stranger or shared in some dude's stash and aren't copping to that part of the transaction. So, you're dumb or a fact-omitter. Either way, not great in my book of people judging. :)

21Kid
July 24th, 2015, 06:30 AM
hindsight...

He was BILL F'ing COSBY!!! Back then he was like Dad to the entire US. With his goofy sweaters and pudding pops.

Crazed_Insanity
July 24th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Now we can have foresight to never trust celebrities regardless how famous or how friendly they seem on the big screen!

thesameguy
July 24th, 2015, 01:29 PM
hindsight...

He was BILL F'ing COSBY!!! Back then he was like Dad to the entire US. With his goofy sweaters and pudding pops.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/x-files/images/f/f6/Trust_No_One_tagline.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070529000016

But, seriously, Dr. Huxstable Bill Cosby was not early stand up Cosby. His later persona was not in line with his earlier one, and many of the allegations come from early on. Regardless, don't take candy from strangers regardless of how nice their sweater is.

Sad, little man
July 24th, 2015, 03:54 PM
How many fucking times do we need? To continue to have this it's 100% fault of one side argument?

Pedestrians are always right. Bikers are always right. Women who are raped are always right... simply because the other side is clearly wrong?

Evil and crazies exist in this world. All TSG is saying that a bit of precaution wouldn't hurt.

Now, I'm not implying anything, I'm saying out right that you are fucking stupid to step in front of a car with a seemingly upset driver. You are also fucking stupid to take medication from someone who you do not really know personally.

Wow, of all the dubious views you've had in the past, I think rape victim shaming may be a new low.

You can't imply something, and then make it all better by saying "Now, I'm not implying anything." It just doesn't work like that. If you are expressing frustration about having arguments where it's 100% one person's fault or another person's fault, you're implying that you feel that's not the correct way of looking at it. So, you're implying it's at least somewhat the women's fault for being raped in these cases.

Have some common sense please! Yeah, you're absolutely not 'wrong' in any way by leaving your ipad or purse in plain sight of a parked vehicle. You most certainly don't deserved to have your window broken and belongings stolen. But you're stupid. If you don't learn from your stupid behavior and repeat your stupidity, you'll likely get fucked again by some other vile predator.

It's obvious that laws cannot fully protect you from your stupidity.

First, you are saying you deserve to be raped, at least a little bit. It goes back to how you said that something like this is not 100% the rapist's fault. If it's not 100% the rapist's fault, it must be at least a little bit the person being raped's fault. And, if something that happens is partially your fault, then you must have deserved the outcome of that event, at least a little bit.

Also, "Whoops, I stepped in front of a moving car" is not really the same as "Whoops, I allowed myself to be sexually penetrated without my consent." If you can't see the difference there, then there's no point in even arguing it. And as far as leaving valuables in a car, it's a closer analogy just for the fact that a crime is taking place as opposed to just a pedestrian accident. But by comparing rape to having things stolen out of a car, you're diminishing the seriousness of the crime of rape.

Of course my comments are not directed toward those Cosby victims who did NOT know that they're being drugged.
Still, it's probably not a good idea to be alone with anybody who you don't really know in a private setting. Hope at least somebody knows where you are before you go there... Moral of the story is that we don't really know our celebrities. Don't trust them!

Well then exactly which victims are your comments directed towards? Because, so far I have not heard of anyone saying "Oh yeah, I wanted to hang out and take drugs with Cosby, but the sex thing was just a bit much." And, it seems that a lot of the victims had already known Cosby for some time when the assaults took place. So, they did know him, or thought they did.

Crazed_Insanity
July 27th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Anyway, as stated before, I'm tired of this kind of arguments.

If you don't get the point, you don't get the point.

Feel free to leave your valuable belongings in your parked car in plain sight.

Feel free to accept medication/drugs from strangers... or goofy friends.

Free free to tell drivers to shut the fuck up and then ride slowly in front of the driver whom you just pissed off.

Feel free to feel like you're the king of the road while crossing the street and expect cars won't be able to hurt you because the LAW is on your side!

I do agree you absolutely do not deserved to have bad stuffs happened to you. No argument there. Certainly not trying to blame victims. I just believe there are precautionary measures that we can take to lower the chances of bad things happening to us.

Blerpa
July 27th, 2015, 09:54 AM
I applaud SLM's reply to Billy.
Perfect.

thesameguy
July 27th, 2015, 10:19 AM
And I applaud people who believe their own safety is the responsibility of others and not themselves! That is a wonderful opinion to be able to have.

Sad, little man
July 27th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Jesus christ... Do you two understand the fact that Bill Cosby had been acting as a mentor to Andrea Constand for over a year before the assault took place, or are you just spewing this filth without even really knowing any of the facts?

http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/timeline-of-the-abuse-charges-against-cosby.html

So you're saying that it's irresponsible to trust sometime in a private setting even after they've mentored you for over a year? See, this is why Cosby is especially awful. He groomed these women. These weren't just some women he met after a show and took them back to his dressing room. He premeditated this shit for a long time.

Now please, stop with your misogynistic rape victim shaming diatribe. I like this little community we have here, and the act of you voicing such reprehensible views here is shitting all over it.

21Kid
July 27th, 2015, 10:55 AM
It's easier just to put him on ignore...

Sad, little man
July 27th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Sorry, tripe like this can't be ignored, it needs to be loudly called out as the foul garbage that it is. Comments like this need to be dragged out to the town square and tarred and feathered.

The willingness to side with Cosby and be skeptical of the victims is the whole reason this took decades to come out to begin with.

thesameguy
July 27th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Jesus man, nobody is siding with Bill Cosby. Wrap your head around that, first.

Your willingness to completely discard common sense and assign responsibility for an entire situation on one party is almost as laughable as your willingness to call out a particular example of misconduct as a template for all examples. Nobody said anything about Andrea Constand or her relationship with Bill Cosby. In fact, with the exception of my mention of the model nobody has named names. The only two things that were ever put forward is that when you take drugs from people other than doctors you're dumb and when you do dumb things don't be surprised when you get hurt. None of that absolves the other party, none of that is an application for rape. But when malicious types meet people with poor judgment things don't tend to turn out well.

I find it beyond hilarious that you can rant on about peoples' poor life in choices in various other threads but here, HERE is an example where self-defense experts and would-be Nobel laureates had absolutely no control in their situation. Your high horse is less high than you might imagine it to be.

As far as misogyny goes, the only prejudice I have ever been accused of is anti-stupidity, including its reach into snap judgments, failing to take responsibility for one's actions, and inability to see a situation for what it is rather than what the media suggests it is. I've got three sisters, a loving girlfriend, and a whole troupe of women who occupy virtually all of my free time. My female friends outnumber my male friends 10:1, I love them all, and there isn't a thing on this earth I wouldn't do for them. And you know what? Not a single one of them would take three blue pills from anyone. Even the ones that routinely take three blue pills, if you catch my drift. Do you know why? Because they are smarter than that - I don't hang out with dumb people. If you don't know what they are or where they came from, don't take them. We learned that in elementary school. So, as far as Andrea Constand goes, I guess I'd be a little more sympathetic if her situation didn't involve taking three blue pills from someone who was not a doctor.

Bill Cosby is a rapist. That's apparently a fact. Certainly enough evidence at this point to support that as an opinion.

But Bill Cosby being a rapist doesn't preclude people from being dumb or doing dumb things.

And that is all Billi or I have ever said.

If you believe that when people do definably dumb things they deserve sympathy, or that there is some metaphysical limit of hardship that results from those actions then that's totally fine for you to believe. But, simultaneously, believe me when I say I am going to call you on it when you stray.

thesameguy
July 27th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Starting with:

Say what you want about U of M, but at least their students are skilled at breaking through the glass ceiling. :lol:

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/07/21-year-old_falls_to_death_thr.html

(I guess I'd be a little more sympathetic if this didn't involve climbing around in places you shouldn't be climbing around, especially at 2am.)

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? SOME SORT OF BLAME THE VICTIM CULTURE? WHY WAS THERE A GLASS CEILING, AND WHAT SORT OF NEGLIGENT ASSHOLE DOESN'T BUILD PEOPLE PROOF RAILINGS TO KEEP PEOPLE OUT? THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVEABLE THAT YOU WOULD SAY SUCH A THING. YOU SHOULD BE TARRED AND FEATHERED FOR EVEN THINKING IT. DO YOU NOT THINK HE HAD A FAMILY? PEOPLE WHO WILL MISS HIM? YOU ARE THE LOWLIEST SCUM OF THE UNIVERSE. JOSH BRIGHAM WAS A VICTIM OF POOR SHOPPING MALL DESIGN, HE DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE. IT'S ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING THAT YOU COULD ASSERT HE DID.

Crazed_Insanity
July 27th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Oh com'on. Leave the sad little man be. I don't mind being the lowliest scum of the universe as long as I know Jesus loves me!

I can see this sort of argument will continue on in this forum. I intend to stay the hell out of them.

SLM, I really do hope you understand that although Cosby and I share the same first name and I love him as a comedian, but in no way am I siding with him regarding raping of women. That type of predatory behavior is wrong and we were never arguing about that point.

TSG and I were only talking about the 'prey' side of the issue. Some preys get caught and some don't. We're seriously not implying it's the fault of the prey for getting caught, but there are certainly preventive measures that you can take to give yourself better chances of survival.

If you insist that I'm a scumbag like Bill Cosby, so be it. I'll let you win that argument.

Sad, little man
July 27th, 2015, 01:08 PM
tsg, it was a joke. It's dark humor. I never stood there and seriously said "Oh, well, he deserved to die." He didn't. But you're seriously saying these women deserved to be raped. There's no joking here.

And besides, how does tearing down my character have anything to do with what you said about this topic or change it even a little bit? It doesn't matter how high or low my horse is. Your shit smells awful regardless of who's calling you out on it.

I'm sure you have a lot of women in your life. A lot of racists have black friends too.

As for the rest of it, you can dodge and weave all you want. You can try to spin your comments like plates at the circus. But you said what you said. I'm not going to try to nail Jello to a wall anymore. No pun intended.

Billi, you seem to leave every argument this way... You start fires and then walk away as if you're oblivious to the whole thing. But you still reek of gasoline, and that's a hard smell to wash out.

I'm done debating who's to blame in all of this. There is no debate.

Crazed_Insanity
July 27th, 2015, 01:34 PM

Apologies for flaming on a fire, but you're the original spark.
As far as I can tell, TSG never said nor do I believe he implied that those women deserved to be raped. But you think he's fucked for thinking what he's not thinking.

And you don't seem to mind attacking others character when all TSG said was people need to take precautions when it comes to taking drugs from people who you don't know very well. Even if Dr Huxtable were real, if you only know him for a year and he's not really your doctor, it's probably not wise to accept medication from him still. It's just words of warning, not meant to blame victims for being fucked over. If 'stupid' is too harsh a word for you, then perhaps naive can suit you better?

Do you agree its kinda "naive" to give 100% trust to a celebrity mentor who you only know for 1 year?

NOBODY here said those women deserved to be raped and Bill Cosby is an awesome person. I dunno, I guess I'm the only person who understood what TSG was trying to say. My flaming post also was clearly understood by TSG. If you just cannot read posts for what they are and insist on seeing despicable implied shit within after we've clarified ourselves numerous times that there's no such thing, then I believe the problem is yours. Or maybe we're just subconsciously sexist racist scums and you're clairvoyant enough to see right thru us? Good for you.

thesameguy
July 27th, 2015, 01:36 PM
tsg, it was a joke. It's dark humor.

Sure it is. Like all your other dark humor comments. I believe you. Regardless if you're going to try and excuse dark humor at the expense of a dead college kid while simultaneously slamming me for suggesting that sensible people don't take blue pills from celebrities, then there ain't much more to say. Your Venn of stupid, victim, and comedy is too hard for me to follow.

But you said what you said. I'm not going to try to nail Jello to a wall anymore.

And what I said was, is, and always will be:

Bill Cosby raped a bunch of women and deserves whatever is coming to him.
Stupid people doing stupid shit get themselves into problems that smart people doing smart shit wouldn't. The smart choice would be not taking blue pills from a TV doctor or walking across a glass roof. The smart choice would be to politely decline, or go home and sleep it off.

I have neither dodged nor weaved, but rather repeated myself fairly more or less word for word. If there is vocabulary or conjugation in there you're not getting I'm happy to clarify. Just let me know where the breakdown is.

Crazed_Insanity
July 27th, 2015, 01:51 PM
I think the main break down is that if I think you implied something and yet you refuse to admit it, then I think you're weaving or dodging.

May just have to agree to disagree.

thesameguy
July 27th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Yeah, quite familiar with people who confuse what they think I think with what I said. It's not uncommon with engineering types who tend work ahead and fill in the blanks themselves. I never really put much thought into that until one of my clients hung a sign in his lobby that said "Consulting Rates $200/hr - Engineers $400/hr." His believed that getting engineers to listen carefully the first time rather than jumping to their own conclusions resulted in more frustration for him, and he demanded to be compensated for it. We used to joke about it, but he took it pretty seriously.

thesameguy
July 27th, 2015, 02:17 PM
And, as a side/related note: I don't imply. Implications are for the delicate or the sensitive. If I believe something, you be assured I will say it. I only say things I believe, and I don't say things I don't. I'm not really into word games. I've found people that are tend to have goofy interpersonal relationships and I don't have the time or interest in that.

mk
July 28th, 2015, 12:20 AM
+1

I don't understand.

If you don't want to be a rape victim the rest of your life try to avoid it.

What is wrong with it?

Rare White Ape
July 28th, 2015, 02:15 AM
+1

I don't understand.

If you don't want to be a rape victim the rest of your life try to avoid it.

What is wrong with it?

Yeah. Just stop being a female and everything. Stupid rape victims.

Godson
July 28th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Iirc more men are raped on a regular basis than women. But I digress.

Freude am Fahren
July 28th, 2015, 07:26 AM
:erm: I don't think so. Maybe if you count prisons?

LHutton
July 28th, 2015, 07:32 AM
I imagine men are less likely to report it, so acquiring figures would be difficult.

SportWagon
July 28th, 2015, 07:38 AM
So I was buying a Danish and coffee at the coffee shop this morning, and the usual retro radio station was playing in the background.

Just as I was leaving, they started Stevie Wonder's "I just called to say I love you".

And I felt sad.

But I suppose that episode showcased (apart from Stevie) Phylicia Rashad more anyway. Could still feel sad. But I think she was just having trouble reconciling very well-hidden lies.

Crazed_Insanity
July 28th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Iirc more men are raped on a regular basis than women. But I digress.

Yeah. Just stop being a male and everything and make sure you don't end up in prison. Stupid rape victims.

Godson
July 28th, 2015, 09:35 AM
:erm: I don't think so. Maybe if you count prisons?

That is the key point. Prisons are a huge area for rape

Freude am Fahren
July 28th, 2015, 03:20 PM
There's also the number of rapes vs. number of rape victims regardless of amount of times. The rapes/victim at large, with women (and men) in general public is down near 1 I'd imagine. For an inmate who gets raped it's probably very high.

mk
July 29th, 2015, 10:25 AM
While shortcutting thrue darkness, how much you value your time,
or in equal intersection when a truck is steaming from yield direction?

Fogelhund
July 29th, 2015, 11:08 AM
While shortcutting thrue darkness, how much you value your time,
or in equal intersection when a truck is steaming from yield direction?

Funny, while thinking of Bill Cosby, that is exactly what came to my mind too.

thesameguy
July 29th, 2015, 11:12 AM
The poetry is undeniable. Bill Cosby is the darkness, Quaaludes the yield sign, and the truck is destiny. Tots obvs.

Crazed_Insanity
July 30th, 2015, 04:47 AM
Never mind the victims for now. This article has an interesting view of Bill Cosby... And men like him...
http://www.salon.com/2015/07/28/camille_paglia_how_bill_clinton_is_like_bill_cosby/

LHutton
July 30th, 2015, 09:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/QG32bcd.jpg

thesameguy
July 30th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I can't argue with the fact content of that Salon article, but based on very limited education it sure seems like the author is taking some liberties with science.

What I can argue with is applying necrophiliac to a person who is not fucking dead people. That is a sensationalistic misapplication of a word. Necrophilia is a love of the dead, not a desire to have sex with powerless objects. Audiophiles aren't people who love the feel of expensive headphones. The drugs could have been a knife or a title - it's just sexualized violence, same old story. Bill Cosby just didn't have any authority over these women and was too afraid/concerned/disinterested to get a gun and wave it around. It irks the shit out of me when people wrap pseudo-science with the wording designed to get a rise. I understand her role, I understand her point, but that misnomer forces me to discount the whole because either she is deceptive or dumb, and I can't trust any of it.

How come nobody has done a Morpheus/Cosby meme with "take the blue pills?"

Blerpa
July 30th, 2015, 11:32 AM
How come nobody has done a Morpheus/Cosby meme with "take the blue pills?"

They have. I've one meme pic exactly like the one you imagined stored on my smartphone.

thesameguy
July 30th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Oh snap!

http://rollingout.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Cosby-as-Morpheus-480.jpg?769134

thesameguy
July 30th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Not sure why B&W....

http://www.dizkover.com/upload/img/orig/74-143637532932-image.jpg

Crazed_Insanity
July 30th, 2015, 12:12 PM
I can't argue with the fact content of that Salon article, but based on very limited education it sure seems like the author is taking some liberties with science.

What I can argue with is applying necrophiliac to a person who is not fucking dead people. That is a sensationalistic misapplication of a word. Necrophilia is a love of the dead, not a desire to have sex with powerless objects. Audiophiles aren't people who love the feel of expensive headphones. The drugs could have been a knife or a title - it's just sexualized violence, same old story. Bill Cosby just didn't have any authority over these women and was too afraid/concerned/disinterested to get a gun and wave it around. It irks the shit out of me when people wrap pseudo-science with the wording designed to get a rise. I understand her role, I understand her point, but that misnomer forces me to discount the whole because either she is deceptive or dumb, and I can't trust any of it.

I guess the author was just trying to explain her point of why some men can only get it on with tied up/unconscious/powerless women.

Not really sure about Cosby and Clinton's moms, but for sure they both are married to fairly "powerful" wives at least career-wise. I'm sure personally, these women are also not the submissive types. It's also very interesting how Mrs Cosby acted very similarly as Hillary Clinton did when news broke out. Stood firm by their husbands sides! Mrs Cosby actually believes those women consent to sex and drugs! I guess only a very 'strong' woman can stand so firmly by her man after you know very well that he cheated!

Anyway, I can understand why Hillary might want to stick with her husband due to her political aspirations, but why would you want to stick with Cosby? Not really a psychologist to figure that one out...

thesameguy
July 30th, 2015, 12:47 PM
I definitely understand her point, I am just not sure that I agree with her assessment. Clinton and Cosby both have children, so obviously they don't have some sort of dysfunction - they both have normal sex lives outside of their deviant behavior. That suggests her premise is wrong.

Secondly, for *decades* psychology has believed that sexual violence isn't about sex, it's about power. Forcing someone into an extremely compromised position involving something as intimate as sex is a massive power play and has nothing to do with sexual gratification. It's being unequivocally dominant. I have no basis for my opinion, but I am personally not entirely convinced that it's black or white here, I think there is some room, and "being empowered" doesn't necessarily require personification of being enslaved. Lots of people are perfectly content to play Minecraft, so to speak. To that end, there could be a line between holding someone at knifepoint and drugging someone to complicity. If *that's* the case, maybe there is some merit to what whatsherface said in Salon - maybe Bill Cosby's empowerment came because there was no resistance, maybe to meet his need the women had to be abstracted. But that's clearly not the case with Clinton, who was at most leveraging his position to get what he wanted.

Having not been present in either situation I can't say, but from personal experience I know that people tend to surround themselves with others intelligently. Maybe Clinton surrounded himself with women he knew would respect his leverage, and maybe Cosby surrounded himself with women he knew he could coax into alone time... or whatever... some sort of pattern of behavior that got them closer to women they could manipulate. I mean, I know girls who would stab a man in the face for bringing up quid pro quo or offering 'ludes as herbal remedies. Both these guys got pretty far without that happening, clearly they were discriminating in choosing targets.

The only thing that is true about both of them is that they both found a method to fulfill their deviant needs and when they found it worked, they kept going with it. If you believe commonly held notions, both did it for power. But their methods were different, their kink was different, and maybe Cosby thought when the girls didn't complain they didn't remember and maybe Clinton thought when the girls didn't complain he really was that charming. I don't know. But, the motivation was almost certainly power related and not a love of necrotic tissue. I think that Salon article may have some not wrong ideas, but it sure seems like mostly sensationalistic garbage and pseudoscience.

speedpimp
July 30th, 2015, 03:12 PM
RE: Clinton. As the leader of the free world he was always under an insane amount of pressure and stress that would build up inside of him and he needed to have an outlet. We know damned well that Hillary wasn't going to hook him up. So where was he to turn? Janet Reno? Madeleine Albright?

thesameguy
July 30th, 2015, 03:35 PM
https://nosmallthing.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/dirty-socks-on-the-floor.jpg

Crazed_Insanity
July 30th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Oh that is deviant, dude.

speedpimp
July 30th, 2015, 04:18 PM
He's not a Chili Pepper.

Godson
July 30th, 2015, 08:31 PM
:lol:

Rare White Ape
August 2nd, 2015, 02:00 AM
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/437199157008486344/0DCE4D250960234AD99D8796F0A02094D810D75A/

Godson
August 2nd, 2015, 01:53 PM

Sad, little man
August 19th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Who's a bigger piece of human filth, Bill Cosby or Jared Fogle?

I'm actually going to go with Cosby being worse here. The sheer duration and number of crimes seems to dwarf Jared. And at least Jared seems to be owning up to his terrible behavior rather than dodging it. Oh, and Cosby purported to be a moral compass through the whole thing. Jared only claimed to be a former fat guy and nothing else.

Freude am Fahren
August 19th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I say Cosby. Jared 'only' enabled a horrible industry, he's more of an accessory to direct sexual abuse.

overpowered
August 19th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Actually, he crossed state lines to have sex with minors.

Freude am Fahren
August 19th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Oh, shit, well then, I don't know.

overpowered
August 19th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Let's just agree that they both suck. It's not a contest.

Crazed_Insanity
August 20th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Totally agree. They're both sick. More unconscious the better... younger then better... why couldn't they just imagine that they were getting it on with an embryo by masturbating and the world would be a better place...

overpowered
August 20th, 2015, 12:50 PM
The story I read said that he paid someone to help him meet 14 different teen girls. Only one's age was mentioned in the story and she was 17 and he went to New York to have sex with her. 17 is actually legal in NY but prostitution is not and I'm pretty sure crossing state lines to have sex with a minor is illegal as well. Not sure of the age of the other girls or if he actually had sex with them. The wording in the story was vague on that.

Apparently the porn included stuff with girls as young as 6.

Rare White Ape
August 21st, 2015, 12:59 AM
I heard he liked young boys because they're almost a foot long.

overpowered
December 30th, 2015, 04:56 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/30/us/bill-cosby-sexual-assault-investigation-pennsylvania/

LHutton
December 31st, 2015, 12:33 AM
Well it's either he's guilty or a shed load of people randomly decided to conspire against him. I'm going with the former but high price lawyers could well prevail over justice in a situation like this.

sandydandy
December 31st, 2015, 08:13 AM
I still see people defending him all over social media. It's mind boggling.

I don't feel shit for Bill Cosby. Fuck him.

LHutton
December 31st, 2015, 09:57 AM
It's sad but I think he's guilty, just like nearly everyone else I watched on TV in the 1980s it would seem.

LHutton
January 1st, 2016, 09:44 AM
Heh. Bill Cosby's twitter account.

http://news.yahoo.com/bill-cosby-just-sent-tweet-173948262.html?nf=1

overpowered
January 5th, 2016, 09:27 AM
There are 59 entries in this table of victims but one of those is "Jane Doe" and apparently there are 12 "Jane Does", bringing the total number of victims to 70.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cosby_sexual_assault_allegations#Table_of_kno wn_accusers

LHutton
January 5th, 2016, 09:47 AM
That's impressive (in a bad way), not Jimmy Saville impressive, but impressive nonetheless.

overpowered
February 3rd, 2016, 06:16 PM
Judge says Bill Cosby sex assault case can proceed

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/02/03/judge-says-bill-cosby-sex-assault-case-can-proceed/21307472/

LHutton
February 4th, 2016, 03:34 AM
So commits dozens of rapes and gets charged with sexual assault.

overpowered
May 24th, 2016, 07:49 PM
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/05/bill-cosby-deposition-teenagers

21Kid
May 25th, 2016, 05:48 AM
This whole situation is so sad. I'm surprised it took so long for this to come to light. And there are so many women that didn't say anything... until now. :(

LHutton
May 25th, 2016, 09:59 AM
This whole situation is so sad. I'm surprised it took so long for this to come to light. And there are so many women that didn't say anything... until now. :(
At least he's still alive. With Jimmy Savile it all mysteriously waited until he died and then roughly 300 victims came to light.

Rare White Ape
May 25th, 2016, 03:11 PM
It's not mysterious at all. It's psychology.

One person might build the courage to make a claim about someone famous to the police, but the police more often than not just raise one eyebrow and do the minimum required as their job demands. It's healthy scepticism but a little bit too healthy sometimes. It's hard to strike the right balance between investigating a claim and making a nuisance or an embarrassment to yourself and your colleagues.

It's sort of a herd mentality that causes any other victims to avoid coming forward, again for the same reason. It's very hard to get people to take you seriously when you say anything about a famous person. So that wave of people coming forward only happens once enough momentum has been raised, and that can take decades.

overpowered
May 25th, 2016, 04:46 PM
When you make accusations against a famous person, especially someone who widely considered "good" like Cosby was, you're going to face some backlash from people who don't want to believe it. Sadly, that's almost certainly the main reason why he got away with it for so long. It takes courage and fortitude to do it. Notice that once several had become public, they started coming out of the woodwork, because the more people that accused him, the more difficult it became to call any of them liars or gold diggers.

LHutton
May 26th, 2016, 03:25 AM
It's not mysterious at all. It's psychology.

One person might build the courage to make a claim about someone famous to the police, but the police more often than not just raise one eyebrow and do the minimum required as their job demands. It's healthy scepticism but a little bit too healthy sometimes. It's hard to strike the right balance between investigating a claim and making a nuisance or an embarrassment to yourself and your colleagues.

It's sort of a herd mentality that causes any other victims to avoid coming forward, again for the same reason. It's very hard to get people to take you seriously when you say anything about a famous person. So that wave of people coming forward only happens once enough momentum has been raised, and that can take decades.
In many cases maybe but not this one. The story of Jimmy Savile is one of a very, very dirty government cover-up.

21Kid
May 26th, 2016, 06:13 AM
Well, hopefully this gives other people confidence to come forward, no matter how "good" the person is perceived to be.

Rare White Ape
May 26th, 2016, 06:24 AM
In many cases maybe but not this one. The story of Jimmy Savile is one of a very, very dirty government cover-up.

So it's mysterious that the British government would suddenly allow the Saville case to gain momentum after he dies? What about the risk of being investigated themselves?

Come on man. Dig upwards. Conspiracy theories very rarely hold any water.

LHutton
May 26th, 2016, 09:18 AM
So it's mysterious that the British government would suddenly allow the Saville case to gain momentum after he dies? What about the risk of being investigated themselves?

Come on man. Dig upwards. Conspiracy theories very rarely hold any water.
No they do, they're just not readily provable. He was even abusing underage girls in hospitals and young offender institutions. And there were accusations but something made the entire British press STFU. Then you also have the legacy 1980's child abuse cases perpetrated by MPs suddenly coming to light just after.

Conspiracies do exist, you just don't get to find out the truth for a while, how long depends on how ugly they are. E.g.:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2004/may/06/science.research

LHutton
June 25th, 2016, 07:40 AM
https://us.yahoo.com/celebrity/hampshire-woman-drops-defamation-suit-against-bill-cosby-062828032.html

New Hampshire woman drops defamation suit against Bill Cosby

Crap.