PDA

View Full Version : Badges (and thanks TSG)

pl8ster
July 19th, 2015, 10:22 AM
So belated but public thanks to TSG for sending along the Jag badges for my collection. Figured as long as I was taking a 'thank you' pic of the import badges, I'd rearrange them a bit to get a better picture, and also got pics of the domestic badges. As I noted before, no points for presentation as these are kept in my basement. If you think you might see mouse shit in some of the pictures, you're probably right.

thesameguy
July 19th, 2015, 11:08 AM
That is totally impressive. I will keep my eyes out for weird ones next time I'm at a junkyard!

speedpimp
July 19th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Nice.

pl8ster
July 19th, 2015, 06:00 PM
I have several favorites, but the CLUB and 12TRS badges are definitely the most esoteric - the only Oltcit car I've ever seen in my life was the one I saw in a western Maine junkyard that those badges came from.

I must have a few badges hanging out in the garage, because I know I've at least got a gold "SPECIAL" badge from the Integra somewhere :D

Phil_SS
July 20th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Gotta be an interesting story of how that ended up in a Maine Junkyard.

Unfortunately, a lot of the great badges from probably the early 70's and before have long been picked through or sold to restorers.

thesameguy
July 20th, 2015, 06:29 PM
I think they were sold in Canada, so not too unlikely one would end up in the northeast. A friend of mine got a Daihatsu Charade Turbo that way. ;)

Leon
July 20th, 2015, 11:00 PM
Badgers?

Drachen596
July 20th, 2015, 11:48 PM
i see it now... he likes to collect all the outside car bits. plates, badges. maybe even the door handles and hood ornaments?

pl8ster
July 21st, 2015, 04:10 AM
It should come as no surprise that I started collecting badges on the sly when visiting junkyards and coming up short (or empty-handed) with regard to license plates. At first, I was like, "well, that panel is already damaged anyway, might as well lift the badge." But as time went on, and I got more of them, I stopped using that criterion :D

Karma's a bitch, though: just after I got my Integra and had dropped it off at the mechanic's for a thorough inspection, someone lifted the "SPECIAL" badge off the back. I got a replacement but never got around to putting it on, and kept it when I sold the car...just need to find it.

speedpimp
July 24th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Badgers?

We don' need no stinkin' badgers!

pl8ster
August 3rd, 2015, 08:13 AM
Found a couple more hiding in the plate cabinet in the garage.