PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy's The Division

Pages : [1] 2 3

Schnell
January 16th, 2014, 01:50 PM
This is the game I'm most excited to see on the next gen consoles. For those who haven't heard its a online-multiplayer 3rd person "tactical" shooter (that term gets thrown around too much). The Wiki plot quote sums it up fairly well:

The Division is inspired by Operation Dark Winter and Directive 51, real-world events which "revealed how vulnerable we've become"; society has become "fragile" and "complex". In the game, a disease that spreads on Black Friday causes the United States to collapse in five days.[2] The player is part of a group called "Strategic Homeland Division (SHD)", called "The Division" for short. This group was established to combat the threat and do whatever it takes to "save what remains" in a massive multiplayer online situation, putting them against friends, AI, and other players.

There are plenty of videos out there about the gameplay, the engine, etc, but the original E3 reveal is what really caught my attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg

Unfortunately the latest rumors are that it won't be out until 2015 :(

Kchrpm
January 16th, 2014, 03:25 PM
I love the way the demos for this game looked, and the drop-in/drop-out support from players on a tablet flying a drone.

Alan P
January 16th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Heard rumours a few weeks ago that this was delayed into 2015 but nothing official ever came out. Apparently the tech Demo was exactly that, little more than a demo.

Mortavian
January 17th, 2014, 03:49 AM
Loved the bullets going through the police car windows. Loved the physics of the turret getting destroyed on the car hood. Loved the drop in/out of the tablet player, especially with the ability to spot for other players. Loved the super easy and friendly looking UI for maps, skills, and other sub menus. Loved the ever present street markers, FOF IDs, and other actually useful info on the player's screen. Wonder if they'll have an option for proximity chat in this game - seems like it would be kinda, I dunno, useful in an open world environment (always reserving the option to default back to team chat, of course).

novicius
January 17th, 2014, 03:58 AM
That city map overlay was pretty sick pants party, too. :up:

Phil_SS
January 17th, 2014, 08:27 AM
This is the game I am most interested in for next gen. And it could make me buy a next gen.

es nes
March 2nd, 2014, 08:53 AM
So if the players are all part of the division, why was there random pvp at the end of video?

Kchrpm
March 2nd, 2014, 11:33 AM
There are multiple divisions?

GreatScawt
March 2nd, 2014, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I was under the impression there were multiple factions and you went around the city claiming points a la CoD domination. But I don't know. If one team is too good it'll get out of hand quick.

Alan P
March 2nd, 2014, 03:30 PM
Not sure divisions is the right word. Factions might be better.

es nes
March 3rd, 2014, 07:33 AM
Unless one faction is the one that released the diease any kind of pvp seems counter productive to the story line.

Is there any official information on different factions?

Kchrpm
March 3rd, 2014, 07:48 AM
Storyline? It's an MMO with third person shooter gameplay instead of turn-based combat. The story comes third or fourth in importance at the most.

Kchrpm
June 23rd, 2015, 11:40 AM
Bullet sponge enemies, and accidental fire leads to unintended PvP. I'm leaning away from Division and towards Wildlands.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/23/8827287/the-division-hands-on-e3-xbox-one-ps4-preview

And PvP takes place in sectioned off PvE environments called Dark Zones (where you can get better, but contaminated, loot). The E is AI characters akin to bosses protecting the loot, but you may run into another group of players while you're in there and it's up to you to avoid, help, or attack them. If you accidentally shoot one of them, you're immediately considered "rogue" and can be attacked/killed with no repercussions.

novicius
June 23rd, 2015, 11:53 AM
I'm leaning away from Division and towards Wildlands.
GR:Wildlands seems more GTA-like while The Division is looking more and more like a remapped/retextured version of Destiny.

Kchrpm
January 16th, 2016, 04:22 AM
Gaming journalists were allowed to play recently and embargoes have been lifted. Biggest takeaway: it is highly numbers based. It is more RPG than shooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSXmhKllDwk

I really like the idea of building up your base by rescuing people (doctors, former cops and engineers are the examples they give) and getting supplies. But enemies are very bullet-spongy, headshots aren't one-shot kills even though no one seems to be wearing helmets, etc. It's a realistic setting but with typical fantasy weapons damage.

That being said, some of its other elements do sound very cool. I'm not a big fan of bullet sponge enemies, especially when they just look like a guy in a hoodie and t-shirt, but they have some good gameplay ideas.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/15/tom-clancy-the-division-preview/

Instead, I found myself pouring clip after clip of ammunition into enemies that are not so much bullet sponges as humanoid tardigrades, capable of surviving even the blast and flame resulting from a direct hit with an incendiary grenade. The Division, y’see, has more in common with Bungie’s Destiny than it does with Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six or anything else in the big, wide Clancyverse.
-----------
A couple of clips were enough to take down a regular grunt and bosses required the concentrated attention of our three-person squad. The world doesn’t level to match your agents but different areas of the city are clearly marked as being suitable for players within a certain experience range. You’re more than welcome to wander into high-level zones right from the start but doing so is likely to end in death and disappointment. At level 5, one encounter with a level 18 enemy taught me that one shot can kill, if the circumstances are right. He dropped me with a single shotgun blast.
-----------
In particular, the abililty to switch between roles without tying yourself to a class is fantastic – I was a machinegunning heavy with area effect healing effects that I could dump into the field. There’s a great deal of customisation to discover and a high degree of flexibillity in playstyles thanks to the variety of skills, equipment, buffs and grenades.

It’s the ARPG loop of exploring and collecting that’ll provide the lasting appeal, but it’s bolstered by the combat itself, which is about positioning as well as DPS. Having the right numbers in your inventory is all well and good, but being able to coordinate with team-mates so that enemies are suppressed, pinned down, flanked or scattered by grenades is vital. I remember when Clancy games, and Rainbw Six in particular, were the thinking person’s shooter. The Division is at least attempting to be a thinking person’s ARPG.
-----------
But there is a clash between the costume and the body underneath. I’d love to play a Ghost Recon game set in this world, or a Rainbow Six. I’d like to play more of The Division as well but I’m not entirely sure it needs such a beautiful city in which to rattle off its stat-heavy combat.

Kchrpm
January 16th, 2016, 04:36 AM
This Playboy.com YouTube vid has their actual live commentary while playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL63ahQE41c

novicius
January 16th, 2016, 08:13 AM
GR:Wildlands seems more GTA-like while The Division is looking more and more like a remapped/retextured version of Destiny.
I'm still vaguely interested...

Alan P
January 16th, 2016, 10:45 AM
I would really like a bit less clutter on the screen and some adjustable difficulty. Perhaps a 'Hardcore' mode with more realistic damage. Perhaps it is an option.

Also hope they support 21:9 monitors well and don't do as some games have and have the UI all in positions suitable for 16:9 which puts them in the middle 3/4 of the screen.

I'm confirmed in the beta for PC at the end of the month so will play prior to ordering.

GreatScawt
January 16th, 2016, 11:35 PM
That playboy dude was annoying. "I'm gonna shoot you, hurr hurr"

Here's another vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QqZokCbyco

Rare White Ape
January 17th, 2016, 03:02 AM
Here's a good and really succinct video that explains all you need to know without the annoying chit-chat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2rT35dr-Rk

My thoughts based on these videos?

Well I'll preface this by saying that I like my shooters more straightforward than this. I can just barely handle all the RPG stats in Fallout 4 and Destiny before I get too bloody overwhelmed by... everything (I've played Fallout 4 for two hours and almost rage-quit when I encountered the first crafting tables). I just want to shoot stuff, I don't mind if it's technical or tactical, but you can leave the stats and leveling and crafting behind, thanks.

To me the game looks like floating icon hell. Too much information with not enough explanation is really annoying for the first few hours while you're learning about it. Although those icons do look pretty. It's a very slick, futuristic looking game. And really, what's with emptying clip after clip into a group of baddies only for them to stay standing?

However I do love the idea of the dark zone. Hopefully its a large part of the game. And I love the AP turrets you can throw down, especially the flame thrower, that looks brutal. And apparently there's a reward for closing all of the vehicle doors in the city, which is an interesting GTA-style collect-em-all side mission.

So aside from my aversion to RPG elements in what should be a pure, visceral genre such as FPSs, I'm looking forward to trying the beta. Hopefully it's another good RPG-FPS to add to the collections of those weirdos who like such games. The only truly bad thing I can see with this game, as I said on Facebook yesterday, is Ubisoft itself. Colour me slightly interested.

Kchrpm
January 17th, 2016, 03:12 AM
I'm still vaguely interested...

I was wondering what your thoughts would be. I liked the idea of a Destiny-style game set in a more realistic setting, but I guess part of the loot loop is you have to have bullet sponge enemies with numbers flying off of their bodies to make all the little upgrades you find worth it. I thought this was just going to avoid that, because Clancy and realistic setting, but all that is just a skin on a "traditional" fantasy RPG loot shooter.

Obviously a ton of people enjoy this type of gameplay (hell, I played a lot of it in Borderlands 2), and a ton of people enjoy realistic settings, so even though it's not really Clancy-ish in the traditional sense I'm guessing it will be accepted once people get over the shock of what they expected/wanted it to be.

GreatScawt
January 17th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of the Borderlands comparisons while watching the videos. Coop, loot-based, bullet-spongey enemies... just set in a realistic location with different style graphics. I love the cold, snowy NY atmosphere they created. :up: You've also got your different grenades and "ultimates" for each character that are on a cooldowns, similar to BL. Makes me wonder about the variety of content and locations in the game, though. Borderlands games were big, but they also made you revisit places and kill the same enemies over and over. I can name another big time game that has (had) that same issue. :p

I'm totally on board with this game if the reviews give me a warm fuzzy.

GreatScawt
January 17th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Just read this, perhaps size won't be an issue, but they're already seemingly withholding maps?

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/17/10782420/the-divisions-map-wont-include-brooklyn-at-launch

Kchrpm
January 17th, 2016, 07:34 AM
From what I've read, the game is set in the aftermath of a disaster, before the usual "post apocalypse" setting has fully established. My guess is that DLC launches will coincide with major in-game events that progress the story and also evolve some bits of things, so there will be lots of new content and gameplay attached to it because it will be treated like an MMO expansion pack/event/whatever they're called. Or like when you completed a mission in an old GTA that triggered the bridges opening up.

In a dream world, these events and content releases will be seen as ways to get more people playing the game, not just ways to monetize the people already playing, but that's of course unlikely.

Phil_SS
January 18th, 2016, 05:11 AM
I'm interested in this game and I would love to try the Beta.

But one thing makes me think I will hate it. 3rd person view. I can't stand 3rd person shooters. They always feel very wonky to me. If I'm shooting a gun I want to be able to shoot down the sights.

novicius
January 18th, 2016, 07:33 AM
I'm only vaguely interested because my specific lifestyle right now requires games that I can pause. ;)

So while I think The Division is looking great and really cool, I can't get all hyped up for it since I'd likely be AFK a lot. GR: Wildlands is most likely going to have a robust offline single player game that I can enjoy better.

Kchrpm
January 18th, 2016, 07:54 AM
GR: Wildlands is most likely going to have a robust offline single player game that I can enjoy better.

I hope so. They have said you can play with AI squadmates instead of other players, but Ubisoft won't let you play Rainbow Six Siege Lone Wolf missions unless you're online, and you can't pause them. Only the pre-made situations missions (which are seriously lacking in scope) can be played offline.

novicius
January 18th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Ah well, good to know. :up:

(My next two games are The Witcher 3 & Fallout 4 anyway... :D )

Phil_SS
January 18th, 2016, 09:01 AM
After watching some of the videos posted in this thread I've come to the conclusion this game is just not for me. Which is a shame because I had such high hopes for it.

Like Carlo, I'll be waiting for GR:Wildlands.

LHutton
January 22nd, 2016, 03:46 AM
I just got an e-mail for a free Beta version this morning.

Kchrpm
January 29th, 2016, 11:27 AM
http://kotaku.com/the-division-is-at-its-best-when-youre-stabbing-people-1755974262

Based on the description given here, I would make it clear to all parties that I was doing nothing but (poorly) helping defend other people's extractions.

Alan P
January 29th, 2016, 06:21 PM
So far, on every extraction attempt bar one I stumbled across which had about two seconds to go before the chopper flew away, I've been attacked and MURDERED. There needs to be an even bigger risk IMO. Perhaps when the real game launches there might be. Need to play more tomorrow though but what I have played has convinced me to order.

LHutton
January 30th, 2016, 01:40 AM
Well mine never downloaded. I got:

"Uplay failed to download. Check connection to internet (LOL dumbest message ever), check amount of space on hard disk (720+GB)."

Alan P
January 30th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Had a much better time with a group on comms in the DZ tonight. Will be ordering this, although it might not be until the end of February.

Kchrpm
January 30th, 2016, 02:19 PM
How bullet-spongy are the enemies?

Kchrpm
February 9th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Open beta

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/9/10951082/the-division-open-beta-xbox-one-ps4-pc

Feb 19-21 (18-21 for XBox One)

a story mission that wasn't in The Division's recent closed test build. It will also include the rest of the content offered in the closed beta.

21Kid
February 9th, 2016, 09:23 AM
I'll give it a go. :up:

Kchrpm
February 9th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Why hope that you can make your character have stuff that looks like yours, when you can buy stuff that looks like your character's?!

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/tom-clancys-universe/the-division/?gclid=CjwKEAiAluG1BRDrvsqCtYWk81gSJACZ2BCef-kdM36ji-7YOIr-Orh4viD14xx2eO9izRYSMBTRCRoCg5rw_wcB&ncid=1628-3502-None--2-eml-31-29-Awareness_Monetization-CTA2btn-17-2-8-0216

Buy the beanie, jacket and backpack featured on the cover of The Division!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Alan P
February 9th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Looking forward to it again. Had a lot of fun last time.

Phil_SS
February 9th, 2016, 04:56 PM
I'll give it a go. :up:

Same.

LHutton
February 13th, 2016, 12:23 PM
I'll give it a go if it downloads.

Alan P
February 13th, 2016, 03:15 PM
I really enjoyed the closed beta and will likely be ordering the full game. The changes they've made will only improve it in the open beta. And don't be scared of the Dark Zone either. But go into it with a group. it's where some of the best things happen. And it's where the best loot is.

Rare White Ape
February 13th, 2016, 04:09 PM
I'll give it a go if it downloads.

I'm sure you'll be here asking us for help.

LHutton
February 17th, 2016, 05:26 AM
Well this is the message I got last time:

"Uplay failed to download. Check connection to internet (LOL dumbest message ever), check amount of space on hard disk (750+GB)."

Which has to be the worst error message in history. Asked in UPlay support, but they waited until the Beta was over and then said it they couldn't help because the Beta was over.

The correct error message would have been something like:

"Yeah dunno." The actual error message given was no more sensible than:

"UPlay failed. Check you have a computer, check it's plugged in."

Instead they sent me a message over the fucking internet asking me to check I had an internet connection.

LHutton
February 17th, 2016, 05:33 AM
Heh, Preload seems to have worked this time after re-installing UPlay.

Yw-slayer
February 17th, 2016, 05:36 AM

You mean, seeking attention.

LHutton
February 17th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Like you're doing right now you mean?

Kchrpm
February 18th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Played the beta this afternoon, going through the two main missions and some side missions solo, and teaming up with Yobbo and/or Darius for some side missions and Dark Zone runs.

The Dark Zone runs were a bit anticlimactic since we only ran into one rogue player. It was good not getting ganked for our stuff, but I thought there would be more to do in there than just tensely looking at other human players. I expected a wave of AI enemies to come as we waited for our loot extraction, but they were nowhere to be seen.

The gameplay is, as expected and previously described in reviews, a very bullet-spongy third person shooter. I'm already tired of the constant checking of "is this better than that?", and having to get everywhere on foot gets old as well. The game is not bad at all, but I'm looking forward to the elements I like being put together in a different stew with GR:Wildlands.

GreatScawt
February 18th, 2016, 08:03 PM
It's preloaded on Steam. I'll be playing with a four people Sat morning. Pretty excited to finally try it.

Phil_SS
February 19th, 2016, 05:10 AM
I tried but it's just not for me.

In this day and age I see no logical reason for a game to be a 3rd person shooter.

I had such high hopes for this game when it was announced and after some of the videos they showed in development but I feel like they way over sold the game and then have completed cut it apart. The shooting mechanic just feels so clunky.

After the sublime shooting mechanic of Destiny or even the fairly decent of Rainbow Six: Siege I felt like I was playing a game from 15 years ago.

IMO, I think the game will be left for dead in six months.

Kchrpm
February 19th, 2016, 05:38 AM
To be fair, a lot of people like third person shooters, myself included. Especially cover-based ones. Though Division's isn't perfect at all, neither was Grand Theft Auto's, but the rest of the gameplay hooks made up for it.

I don't know how long Division will last and be popular, especially with Wildlands hopefully on the way this year, but I think, from what I've seen, their execution of a tomorrow's future MMO in an urban environment is done well enough to satisfy people like me who are not hardcore first person shooter fans. If you want super fast and precise aiming down the sights to result in rewarding you exactly for your actions and player skill, this is not your game.

More impressions after a night of reflection and a little bit of play in the morning.

- Switching my main weapons from an assault rifle and SMG to a marksman rifle and a shotgun has helped with the bullet sponge feel of the game. Instead of emptying an entire magazine or two just to take out a couple hooded bad guys, they're usually 1 or 2 headshots, 3 or 4 body shots, or 1 or 2 close distance shotguns blasts. This evening I'm going to try a high level SMG as my backup, just to see if it's only the low level ones that are peashooters.

- The lack of AI enemies attacking extractions is hard to get over. Your biggest danger is accidentally shooting another player while you both try to take the one or two enemies that might come by the perimeter, thereby "going rogue." If you have a turret up when this happens, it will then start shooting at other players, so you have to start apologizing very loudly while you disable it, and hope no one decides to retaliate (or just runs up while you're still marked without knowing what happened) until the rogue counter goes down.

Unless, of course, a real team of rogues shows up. I haven't had that happen yet. Not looking forward to it.

- Grouping up with random people seems easy enough, and works well, but there aren't enough encounters to do in the Dark Zone, at least from my running around.

- I was surprised by the number of interiors there were. It seems the stores have tools for crafting (which you can't do in the beta), and apartment buildings have clothes, gear and consumables.

- Giving supplies to citizens in need is my favorite thing. The fact they drop stuff in return is nice, but I kind of wish they didn't or at least that it was rare. It does end up being very funny when I give someone a bottle of water, and in return they give me a double barreled shotgun. Where were you hiding that, lady?

- The three gun system is one of many things I hope transfers over to Wildlands

Kchrpm
February 19th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Also, group up with people in DZs, so that you aren't seen as alone and weak and ripe for the picking.

novicius
February 19th, 2016, 10:14 AM
- Giving supplies to citizens in need is my favorite thing. The fact they drop stuff in return is nice, but I kind of wish they didn't or at least that it was rare. It does end up being very funny when I give someone a bottle of water, and in return they give me a double barreled shotgun. Where were you hiding that, lady?
Dammit, this game is sounding right up my alley. :smh: :up:

LHutton
February 19th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Played the beta this afternoon, going through the two main missions and some side missions solo, and teaming up with Yobbo and/or Darius for some side missions and Dark Zone runs.

The Dark Zone runs were a bit anticlimactic since we only ran into one rogue player. It was good not getting ganked for our stuff, but I thought there would be more to do in there than just tensely looking at other human players. I expected a wave of AI enemies to come as we waited for our loot extraction, but they were nowhere to be seen.

The gameplay is, as expected and previously described in reviews, a very bullet-spongy third person shooter. I'm already tired of the constant checking of "is this better than that?", and having to get everywhere on foot gets old as well. The game is not bad at all, but I'm looking forward to the elements I like being put together in a different stew with GR:Wildlands.
I really enjoyed it but is Dark Zone part of the Beta? It looked like a single player Beta to me but teh final version is supposed to be multiplayer too I think?

Pre-ordered it anyway.

Kchrpm
February 19th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Yes, the Dark Zone is in the open beta. It is definitely a multiplayer beta, I have grouped up with friends and randoms, it works well.

LHutton
February 19th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Is it a general multiplayer, or do you have to group up with people you know?

Kchrpm
February 19th, 2016, 02:23 PM
There are random people running around in the Dark Zone, and you can set your Group privacy settings to open, friends only or invite only. I forget exactly how it is for the normal mode.

LHutton
February 19th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Just found it. A bit Schizo though. Never know who's going to work with and who's going to kill you.

Anyway, game crashed eventually, my cue to leave.

Alan P
February 19th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Just found it. A bit Schizo though. Never know who's going to work with and who's going to kill you.

That's the best part of it. The tension and the potential for it all to go tits up very quickly. Or without a hitch.

Rare White Ape
February 20th, 2016, 12:33 AM
I've played for half an hour, now the servers are down for maintenance (great timing huh?) so I'm back here to share :)

As I predicted, the menus and on-screen displays are a fucking dead-set cunt to use and understand. This is my main barrier of entry to this game, and this game is bad, bad, bad for menus. I feel like my dad the first time he tried to use an iPhone., just completely lost.

Aiming is a bit fluffy, and not as direct as I'd like, but I'd get used to it pretty quickly if I played it a lot.

And hitting people with bullets just doesn't feel meaty enough.

Graphics are okay, cutscenes are okay*, controls have some nifty changes over other games (specifically switching weapons and using skills on R1-L1), and I like how you can enter the map screen with one button press.

*except the lip-synch animations are straight outta 1996

I really like the production design (general overall look of the game, as well as its tone and genre, etc) however it's missing a sense of scale and awe of a whole city in such a situation. Call of Duty 4 and Metal Gear Solid are both very very good at providing this.

It hasn't grabbed me yet, but it has only been half an hour. We shall see.

LHutton
February 20th, 2016, 12:44 AM
That's the best part of it. The tension and the potential for it all to go tits up very quickly. Or without a hitch.
Also, seemed to me there was a mixture of AI and human bad guys. Also observed some very bullet spongy people, especially those with melee weapons. Best to back away whilst firing, or run away and turn. Very impressed with the size of the playing area, AND it's currently reduced in size for the Beta. Haven't quite figured out what extractions are for yet but found a second place to deploy and re-stock. Haven't figured out how to fire a flare yet.

Other observations were that it can be unclear when aiming as to who's an enemy if an enemy is behind one of your people. Sometimes I got a red cross-hair, fired and it marked me as rogue.

Also, no option to disable anti-aliasing, you have to pick either super-sampling or stabilisation, neither of which makes much difference to frame rate.

Awesome game, completely lost track of time and played for 4 hours straight last night. I intended to only play for an hour but I looked at my watch and was like, "shit, it's 3am." Anyway, looks like we broke the servers, currently down for maintenance.

LHutton
February 20th, 2016, 12:45 AM
I tried but it's just not for me.

In this day and age I see no logical reason for a game to be a 3rd person shooter.
Larger field of view.

Kchrpm
February 20th, 2016, 05:45 AM
Haven't quite figured out what extractions are for yet but found a second place to deploy and re-stock. Haven't figured out how to fire a flare yet.

Any loot you pick up in the DZ has to be extracted for you to keep it, you can't just walk out with it. When you have something to extract, you go to an extraction zone and it will tell you what to hold down to call for an extraction (by firing a flare). It's the same button you hold down to activate everything else on consoles.

LHutton
February 20th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Yes, I figured that out eventually.

Heh, got marked rogue today because I threw an incendiary grenade at enemies and another player ran from behind me into the fire to loot the bodies.

Anyone tried a scoped M44?

LHutton
February 20th, 2016, 12:52 PM
How do you get stuff from your stash into your inventory? I went all the way back to base to try get a x12 scope across and it said it had gone across but I could find it to mod anywhere. The controls for modding and stash need work. In fact, do away with the stash, and just have them go to inventory once extracted???

Managed to extract an M1A though.

GreatScawt
February 20th, 2016, 02:23 PM
It gets decontaminated and stored in the third tab in your stash menu at home base, assuming your properly extracted it via chopper.

My buddy and I played a good five hours today, hit the cap, hit the dark zone and I ended up getting 10 pieces of loot. Played nice with everybody I saw and no one back stabbed. Really really cool. Beautiful game, atmospheric. Took tons of screenshots and video clips.

Rare White Ape
February 20th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Really excellent: aim the cursor at a piece of cover you want to move to and hold X (on PS4) and you'll run there automatically.

Not really excellent: the combat is not fluid and free at all, despite the above point. Maybe I'm too used to Battlefront III ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GreatScawt
February 21st, 2016, 12:41 AM
In terms of combat complaints, there are a few times I wish I could choose how I aim around a corner (above or to the side). Perhaps there's a way but I haven't bothered really as it's not happened much.

Also, I love the sound that triggers when you get a kill with a headshot. Just a meaty, visceral, head-explody sound. :up:

LHutton
February 21st, 2016, 01:25 AM
So when your stash is full you have to go back to base to empty it every time?

How do you change between different optics?

Why are there 2 levels shown in the top right?

Kchrpm
February 21st, 2016, 03:43 AM
In terms of combat complaints, there are a few times I wish I could choose how I aim around a corner (above or to the side). Perhaps there's a way but I haven't bothered really as it's not happened much.
I've been able to do it just by pressing the direction with the analog stick while/after pressing L. You can move between over and to the side without going back behind cover, too.

So when your stash is full you have to go back to base to empty it every time?
Your backpack? You can sell some of your stuff at any vendor, or deconstruct the stuff you don't want. Deconstructing gives you crafting parts, which you can't use in the beta.

Dark zone stuff is handled differently, as previously discussed. You can fill up the actual extracted part of your stash (it holds 30 items), and you then need to either move stuff from there to your inventory (backpack) or to the main part of your stash.

How do you change between different optics?
Go to the mods screen for that gun, go over and up to select the Optics.

Why are there 2 levels shown in the top right?
One is your Dark Zone level. It's purple and only shows up when you're in the Dark Zone.

GreatScawt
February 21st, 2016, 06:41 AM
TY Keith! Gonna try that out now.

LHutton
February 21st, 2016, 07:21 AM
Your backpack? You can sell some of your stuff at any vendor, or deconstruct the stuff you don't want. Deconstructing gives you crafting parts, which you can't use in the beta.

Dark zone stuff is handled differently, as previously discussed. You can fill up the actual extracted part of your stash (it holds 30 items), and you then need to either move stuff from there to your inventory (backpack) or to the main part of your stash.

How and where do you do that? Main base again? Too complicated.

Kchrpm
February 21st, 2016, 08:31 AM
I mentioned several things, which one? Transfer stuff from extracted to backpack? Yes, at the main base, which you can fast travel to.

It's supposed to be complicated. It's not supposed to be stuff you just pick up and start using right then, or that you spend 30 seconds getting and get right back in.

Kchrpm
February 21st, 2016, 08:33 AM
TY Keith! Gonna try that out now.

Are you playing on XBone or PS4? If XBone, and you get a chance before 6 pm today, let's roll through some stuff.

GreatScawt
February 21st, 2016, 12:49 PM
Here's a badly edited video of my clips from yesterday. Don't mind the random chit-chat. My buddy wasn't feeling so hot either, haha.
And Youtube compression really doesn't do the game any justice (screen shots below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxORWOkedlw

http://i.imgur.com/vXZt1sd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/a7SV8s5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4YAwlTH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sv6eJ4t.jpg

The character models are legitimately badass.
http://i.imgur.com/AdcWasY.jpg

Dark Zone Trip
http://i.imgur.com/29zWecx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0MALkrD.jpg

Gave a civilian in need an energy bar... got... what's this... paint, finally!
http://i.imgur.com/DZs6fIi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/L5lyLkQ.jpg

Not bad
http://i.imgur.com/shRPAwy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lKThbPR.jpg

novicius
February 21st, 2016, 03:27 PM
Yep that's some Grade A eye candy there. :up: :up:

Kchrpm
February 21st, 2016, 09:26 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/12742601_798344359879_9089800148341284085_n.jpg?oh =0e7379e10d5b382e99120968cecd9b01&oe=5762C846

LHutton
February 22nd, 2016, 03:58 AM
^I ended up on Lvl 8, DZ Level 11. Equipped with M1A classic, and FN FAL classic with x12 scope, suppressor and extended mags, plus PF45. Highly recommend the M1A, some vids on it below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUKFOcK6ShI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uN9kW8jPkQ&ebc=ANyPxKpzBR3M2u-RgtsN10EWnhjbMN01EtEe8nyX24e9jhI4j8xr3BRYGCaX2U0qP P0ovx-XTNFahWIaGMmsvhpsTKtIB56opw

LHutton
February 22nd, 2016, 03:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/AdcWasY.jpg
Took me ages to figure out how to scope.

By the way, when the final game comes out, if you see any players with roughly the following names, shoot them on sight, which is pretty much what everyone started doing by Sunday night.

Spideycool85
AmIHit
GenMasterKhan
AzureDeath

I got a few of them, they're the only friendlies I shot. They were basically practicising absolute assholery on a permanent basis, e.g. group shooting friendlies in the back during extractions and firefights with enemies etc. One of them even tried claiming it was an accident to other players when his health was near gone and held his hands up, so I shot him in the back of the head with an explosive bullet using the M1A. Also noted several of them able to go outside the Beta Access area when I was stalking them.

Phil_SS
February 22nd, 2016, 09:01 AM
I played a bit more over the weekend. Mostly because I found out that if you use an ACOG or Scope you can look down the site of the gun. So it helped the shooting mechanic. That being said. The shooting mechanic is still very clunky. It is just so slow and it feels off especially when in close combat. That guy running at me with a bat is moving at full speed and my arms are moving at half speed.

The bullet sponge enemies don't help the situation either. Having to unload multiple clips of ammo into enemies when they are only a level above can be very aggravating. Especially when they can down you in a split second from a long distance.

I definitely like the premise of the game and I think it looks very good graphically. Being in the DZ when a blizzard blows in is one of the coolest things I have ever seen in a video game. Just looks fantastic and is very immersive.

At this point I'm going to wait and see how it launches. Get some feedback on the full game. I think it may be the perfect game to pick up in a year as an ultimate edition with all DLC.

Kchrpm
February 22nd, 2016, 09:21 AM
At this point I'm going to wait and see how it launches. Get some feedback on the full game. I think it may be the perfect game to pick up in a year as an ultimate edition with all DLC.
But by that time, your services will be needed in Bolivia.

LHutton
February 22nd, 2016, 09:37 AM
I played a bit more over the weekend. Mostly because I found out that if you use an ACOG or Scope you can look down the site of the gun. So it helped the shooting mechanic. That being said. The shooting mechanic is still very clunky. It is just so slow and it feels off especially when in close combat. That guy running at me with a bat is moving at full speed and my arms are moving at half speed.

The bullet sponge enemies don't help the situation either. Having to unload multiple clips of ammo into enemies when they are only a level above can be very aggravating. Especially when they can down you in a split second from a long distance.

I definitely like the premise of the game and I think it looks very good graphically. Being in the DZ when a blizzard blows in is one of the coolest things I have ever seen in a video game. Just looks fantastic and is very immersive.

The key with the melee guys is to back away whilst firing, or even run away and turn. Thinks got far better with better weapons. I just programmed an autofire macro into my mouse to fire 5 rounds/second with the M1A while the button is depressed, dropped them in 1 second flat.:lol:

Are mouse/keyboard macros regarded as cheating BTW?

Phil_SS
February 22nd, 2016, 10:03 AM
But by that time, your services will be needed in Bolivia.

Exactly.

LHutton
February 22nd, 2016, 12:04 PM
Bolivia?

Phil_SS
February 22nd, 2016, 12:29 PM
Ghost Recon: Wildlands is based in Bolivia.

Kchrpm
February 22nd, 2016, 12:33 PM
http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?1250-Ghost-Recon-Wildlands

LHutton
February 23rd, 2016, 01:48 AM
The Division at 8K LOL.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AMVBx6izJPu-we0&v=photos&id=6D747EFCC1420CD%21459&cid=06D747EFCC1420CD

Homefront Revolution also looks like a good game, for those wanting something similar but first person.

Kchrpm
February 23rd, 2016, 02:59 AM
A friend played the Homefront beta and was not impressed.

LHutton
February 23rd, 2016, 03:51 AM
I guess I'll wait and see on that one. I find it difficult to judge on other people's opinions. On at least two forums, many people were terribly unimpressed by The Division. If I hadn't played it myself, I'd probably think it wasn't very good.

Kchrpm
February 23rd, 2016, 05:27 AM
I hope it turns out better than he said. I want Homefront to do well.

Darius
February 25th, 2016, 08:47 AM
So whats the final verdict are people going to pick this up? And if so what platform are you going to grab it on?

I think I'm going to grab it but I haven't decided between PC and Xbox.

Kchrpm
February 25th, 2016, 09:28 AM
I really need/want to know what the single player/co-op experience will be like outside of the Dark Zone. If it's a full fledged loot game, where I can get great stuff (that won't see me needing to put a whole clip into the chest of enemies) without going into the Dark Zone, and there are great missions (like I hear Destiny's raids are), then I may transition from Rainbow Six Siege to this until GRW comes out (presumably) next spring.

But if the single player stuff is just a grind to prepare you for the DZ, and that's where you're meant to spend most of your time, no thanks.

LHutton
February 25th, 2016, 09:41 AM
So whats the final verdict are people going to pick this up? And if so what platform are you going to grab it on?

I think I'm going to grab it but I haven't decided between PC and Xbox.
Already pre-ordered gold edition on PC.

I really need/want to know what the single player/co-op experience will be like outside of the Dark Zone. If it's a full fledged loot game, where I can get great stuff (that won't see me needing to put a whole clip into the chest of enemies) without going into the Dark Zone, and there are great missions (like I hear Destiny's raids are), then I may transition from Rainbow Six Siege to this until GRW comes out (presumably) next spring.

But if the single player stuff is just a grind to prepare you for the DZ, and that's where you're meant to spend most of your time, no thanks.
My personal take is that the single player experience will be massive too. The SP game is to Assassin's Creed Syndicate what The Fast and The Furious is to Point Break, if you get what I'm saying. I mean the whole fast travel options on map, crafting, vendors dotted about, bags you can loot, intel items. It's the same game but moved into a 21st century New York with assault rifles. My guess is that you'll unlock weapons and crafting options as you progress and do SP missions, like in ACS.`painkiller

Apparently in the SP beta you could get better weapons if you replayed the missions on harder levels (which I never realised), but yeah, those enemies are very bullet-spongy at level 8 and 9. In the DZ you had to shoot them half a dozen times in the head with a sniper rifle before they actually started losing health.

Phil_SS
February 25th, 2016, 10:56 AM
I did have fun during the Beta and I do realize there was only a small part of the game open during it. The whole crafting thing is definitely intriguing. And opening up the other skills and perks could lead to a pretty deep game in that regard. So I am interested.

But, I have a few other games that I like playing or that I need to put some time into so I'm going to wait and see. That being said. If this game had the shooting mechanic of Destiny it would be a day one purchase.

LHutton
February 25th, 2016, 11:12 AM
The whole crafting thing is definitely intriguing.

If it's like Assassin's Creed Syndicate, it will basically work by you discovering schematics, or gaining them through missions, and then finding the required materials during missions and free roaming.

Kchrpm
February 25th, 2016, 11:23 AM
They had all of the elements except the actual crafting in the beta (yes, you could find blueprints and parts but not do anything with them), but I'm more interested in what you'll actually be able to make. The blueprints didn't specify what level the blueprints or parts represented. I would like to be able to craft top-level weapons so that I don't have to go into the Dark Zone.

21Kid
February 25th, 2016, 11:33 AM
There's youtubes on the crafting mechanics... if you wanted to find out more. I haven't watched them personally though.
I could be interested in this if people get it and a regulary scheduled time is set. As long as it's not like Destiny where I am useless after two weeks because everyone else is on rank 320 and I'm more of a hindrance to the rest of the team.

Kchrpm
February 25th, 2016, 11:49 AM
As long as it's not like Destiny where I am useless after two weeks because everyone else is on rank 320 and I'm more of a hindrance to the rest of the team.
Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that...hmmm...

21Kid
February 25th, 2016, 11:58 AM
That seems to be a common problem with all PvE shooters. It happened to me with Borderlands too. (Which will be free in March)
Unless you play with the same group from beginning to end, there's going to be issues.

Phil_SS
February 25th, 2016, 12:01 PM
That is exactly the way this game is gonna be. Your character has a PVE Level and a DZ Level. If you aren't high enough level in either zone then you are going to have a hard time contributing.

And just like Destiny, that doesn't make you useless. It just means your friends or you have to be willing to play the game to get you to a higher level. There is plenty of opportunity in Destiny to make yourself a higher level by yourself. This will be the same.

Kchrpm
February 25th, 2016, 12:05 PM
It was pretty fun rolling through Phil's story missions on Normal when I was level 8 and loaded for bear :up:

Kchrpm
February 25th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Reading here: www.usgamer.net/articles/the-division-crafting-guide

Materials are rated with the same color-coded system as the weapons, mods and gear. There is also a way to convert the rarity of the materials you have, though that hasn't been detailed yet. Edit: Division.zone says there will be material conversion blueprints which will allow you to create one of a material by spending 5 of the quality level below it.

I can still foresee them just keeping the best blueprints and materials in the DZ (edit: also according to Division.Zone, there are indeed Dark Zone blueprints, which will require Division Tech which is also only found in the DZ), though arguably you would only need the best of the best stuff when you're doing PvP...who am I kidding, they're going to throw bullet sponge enemies at you at all levels.

Yobbo NZ
February 25th, 2016, 03:19 PM
My thoughts on this after a bit of thinking, to me its too similar to Watch Dogs for me to like.
Go to an area on the map,clear out enemies,get a reward,level up character.
It's almost like they've remade WD and added more gunplay and a bit of crafting and some multiplayer element to it.
It may just be me,but I think this may go the same way,good idea/concept but can't hold gamers in for the long term.

LHutton
February 26th, 2016, 05:02 AM
They had all of the elements except the actual crafting in the beta (yes, you could find blueprints and parts but not do anything with them), but I'm more interested in what you'll actually be able to make. The blueprints didn't specify what level the blueprints or parts represented. I would like to be able to craft top-level weapons so that I don't have to go into the Dark Zone.
Just pick up an M1A and you won't be scared of the DZ anymore.:)

Reading here: www.usgamer.net/articles/the-division-crafting-guide

Materials are rated with the same color-coded system as the weapons, mods and gear. There is also a way to convert the rarity of the materials you have, though that hasn't been detailed yet. Edit: Division.zone says there will be material conversion blueprints which will allow you to create one of a material by spending 5 of the quality level below it.

I can still foresee them just keeping the best blueprints and materials in the DZ (edit: also according to Division.Zone, there are indeed Dark Zone blueprints, which will require Division Tech which is also only found in the DZ), though arguably you would only need the best of the best stuff when you're doing PvP...who am I kidding, they're going to throw bullet sponge enemies at you at all levels.
You seem to get materials when you destroy inventory too.

Kchrpm
February 26th, 2016, 05:13 AM
Just pick up an M1A and you won't be scared of the DZ anymore.:)
Not scared of, annoyed by. If I wanted to play PvP, I'd play Rainbow Six Siege, it's much better at it.

21Kid
February 26th, 2016, 07:16 AM
My thoughts on this after a bit of thinking, to me its too similar to Watch Dogs for me to like.
Go to an area on the map,clear out enemies,get a reward,level up character.
It's almost like they've remade WD and added more gunplay and a bit of crafting and some multiplayer element to it.
It may just be me,but I think this may go the same way,good idea/concept but can't hold gamers in for the long term.

Personally, I'm okay with companies re-using certain elements of games that are good. Unless it's a yearly re-hash of the same old thing, like COD/Madden.

And honestly, most games do this. Otherwise we'd have one attempt at a game type and that would be it. There'd only be like 30 games in existence total.

Kchrpm
February 26th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Ubisoft's open world games have a lot of similarities with each other, for both good and bad.

Kchrpm
February 28th, 2016, 04:35 AM
I just had an interesting impulse: it's about 8:30 am, and I need to leave at 10:00 am. My first thought was "I can get in a little Division and get something done." Obviously that's wrong because the beta is over now, but that impulse, the idea that with just 30-45 minutes of gaming time, I can accomplish something that will improve my character/experience, I wonder how that might translate 1) to the full game, 2) to GRW, with its co-op centric gameplay.

1a) Will the difficulty levels in TD scale to the point where I can't realistically achieve anything of significance in the main or DZ mode by myself? Perhaps solo gameplay will be best spent crafting and shop-hopping.

2a) How good will the AI be in GRW?
2b) Will me + 3 AI be sufficient/satisfying to accomplish side missions leading up to a main mission?
2c) Will the completion of side missions be transferred over? For instance, could 4 people complete the 4 side missions on their own, and then combine their info/progress for the main mission?

LHutton
February 28th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Ubisoft's open world games have a lot of similarities with each other, for both good and bad.
The bad would include the crashing where it suddenly uses all available RAM.

I just had an interesting impulse: it's about 8:30 am, and I need to leave at 10:00 am. My first thought was "I can get in a little Division and get something done." Obviously that's wrong because the beta is over now, but that impulse, the idea that with just 30-45 minutes of gaming time, I can accomplish something that will improve my character/experience, I wonder how that might translate 1) to the full game, 2) to GRW, with its co-op centric gameplay.

1a) Will the difficulty levels in TD scale to the point where I can't realistically achieve anything of significance in the main or DZ mode by myself? Perhaps solo gameplay will be best spent crafting and shop-hopping.

2a) How good will the AI be in GRW?
2b) Will me + 3 AI be sufficient/satisfying to accomplish side missions leading up to a main mission?
2c) Will the completion of side missions be transferred over? For instance, could 4 people complete the 4 side missions on their own, and then combine their info/progress for the main mission?
I have withdrawal symptoms too.:) Roll on 8th March.

That's the cool part of having a free-roam single player element, you're not committed to a long drawn out ordeal every time you want to play.

The AI level seemed to be all over the place in the open beta, they were definitely adjusting it at Ubisoft. Sometimes the enemies would just sit and engage in a stand off fire fight, other times they would chase after you in the same situation (ones with firearms and melee weapons). Most times they would wait for a grenade to land before reacting, but at one point they would move as soon as the shadow came on them - and I don't like that really, especially with rogue players, they shouldn't be able to see I'm aiming a grenade or turret at their location before it's deployed.

GreatScawt
February 28th, 2016, 08:11 AM
My buddies and I were talking about this last night. Which made me research a bit more and see what people are saying around the 'tubes.

So you technically have two potential options to avoid the true frustrations of the Dark Zone:

- There is a DZ currency exchange that will appear in your home base (I believe after sufficient upgrades), that will let you cash in your singe-player currency for Dark Zone currency. However, the issue with that is that weapons will still have a DZ rank requirement. You'll still have to enter the DZ and kill AI and do general ranking up, but the frustration of losing loot from extractions is pretty much removed, especially if you don't pick up any loot and have the yellow target on your back.

- The blueprint system should be a viable way to get top-tier loot or close-to-top-tier. Apparently there was a community podcast stating that some of the best gear can be procured via crafting. But I'm not sure a dev has backed that up.

LHutton
February 28th, 2016, 08:38 AM
I think the problem in the DZ could be for single players who keep getting whacked by groups. How do you actually officially team up with players in the meeting area the other side of the single player game? Matchmaking?

The crafting statement would hold true to Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Some of the best stuff was crafted.

GreatScawt
February 28th, 2016, 09:11 AM
My friends said they met up with some guys in the DZ and added them to their group. So apparently you can do it that way. Don't think there's matchmaking. However, the downside is that if they go rogue, so do you (which they did). So that's kinda lame.

GreatScawt
February 28th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Also, I'm actually so dead set on this game that I'm considering grabbing the Gold edition off Amazon Prime: 20% off, includes season pass, and you can get that deal up to two weeks after release. Plus $45 bucks in random credit I happen to have. That's dope :up:

LHutton
February 28th, 2016, 10:50 AM
My friends said they met up with some guys in the DZ and added them to their group. So apparently you can do it that way. Don't think there's matchmaking. However, the downside is that if they go rogue, so do you (which they did). So that's kinda lame.
How do you do that then?

GreatScawt
February 28th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Hit tab when next to another player. The option is in the subsequent menu.

Kchrpm
February 28th, 2016, 01:05 PM
On the main pause screen, the top center is Group or Party, I forget. You do all the Group management from there. You can invite people to your group, try to join there's, set your party privacy, etc.

Kchrpm
March 1st, 2016, 11:06 AM
I am really close to pulling the trigger on this...but I might just try to play Splinter Cell Blacklist to scratch the cover-shooter itch.

Phil_SS
March 1st, 2016, 11:23 AM
Same but add in Forza 6 and RB6:Siege as my reasons for not buying. I will keep a close eye after release due to the 20% off Amazon deal.

21Kid
March 1st, 2016, 12:49 PM
How long is the 20% off good for?

Kchrpm
March 1st, 2016, 01:24 PM
It's for Prime subscribers, and it's good up until 2 weeks after release for all physical video games.

http://smile.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_455162582_2?ie=UTF8&node=13584215011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=product-alert&pf_rd_r=1B51YX19SYSWARMBDARV&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=2409194322&pf_rd_i=B00DDXILBQ

LHutton
March 2nd, 2016, 03:43 AM
On the main pause screen, the top center is Group or Party, I forget. You do all the Group management from there. You can invite people to your group, try to join there's, set your party privacy, etc.
Main pause screen = Esc button right?

Kchrpm
March 2nd, 2016, 04:20 AM
I didn't play on PC, so I don't know. The one that let you get to your inventory.

LHutton
March 2nd, 2016, 11:18 AM
Yeah, that was Esc I think, from memory.

GreatScawt
March 2nd, 2016, 11:36 AM
Yup....

I know if you hit "I" it'll skip you to the inventory. I want to say there was also a shortcut for the player management page.

Kchrpm
March 3rd, 2016, 04:54 AM
Ubisoft isn't even sending out review copies of this. I usually take late release review embargoes as a bad sign, this is worse :|

I wonder why they chose to do it. Other than obvious potential server issues (which there weren't many of in the Beta), the only big worry I saw from people is for the end game. From everything I've seen so far, they seem to have decided that replaying missions and going through the DZ are enough, that there isn't anything like Destiny's raids. To be fair, Destiny didn't have raids either at launch, correct?

Yw-slayer
March 3rd, 2016, 05:59 AM
To be fair, Destiny didn't have raids either at launch, correct?

It didn't, but the raid was introduced a few weeks (I think) later. That raid was actually the highlight of the game for a long time, and still is for me, as the second raid and all of the storyline were rubbish.

Kchrpm
March 3rd, 2016, 06:10 AM
Someone on reddit grabbed what has been said about endgame so far and summarized it: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/48cem7/what_we_do_know_about_our_endgame/

Julian Gerighty, Producer "We want to offer a very robust end game experience for The Division. When you finish the game. You won't be done with BoO. Or fully upgrading your character.”
Hamish on Beta Stream "We have heard you loud and clear on the need for solid endgame”
Magnus Jansen, Creative Director "We have a tremendous amount of effort and focus on the PvE endgame as well. Not all of it is going to be there when we launch. We're slowly going to be rolling it out for free in the beginning. There's going to be goals and challenges and things to aspire to for you and your group. Difficult things that you really want to set your sights on and accomplish."
and lastly, "Hit Level 30 and the Dark Zone is repopulated as a single instance."

..so stripping away evasive or hyperbolic marketing, here's that list again..

Challenge Mode for replaying missions / The same Dark Zone with harder enemies / No mention of any specific structured endgame loop / Maybe activities are to be added to the game as DLC?

I thought it was worth going back over their comments to see if there was anything tangible. But other than tall promises, there's nothing I would call substantial. I have faith in Massive from old, so I remain in the optimistic camp.. but I still find it interesting to pick apart the words.

EDIT: Found this from IP Director, worth a mention.. "What does the endgame look like for The Divison? Our goal is to create a game and a franchise that will live on for many years to come, which requires a strong endgame and content updates. PvP is a part of endgame, and since the loot is a big part of the game, “the quest for epic loot” is a big part of the endgame. Then we have the Base of Operations, which will continue to progress beyond hitting the level cap. While those three stands as the main attractions for the endgame, we also have a very detailed world. So even after hitting the level cap, there will be much more to discover in the world, such as digging deeper into the story or finding easter eggs. So there is something for everyone in the endgame."

I do like how they say "you can keep getting stuff!" is their awesome plan for getting people to keep playing for years.

Yw-slayer
March 3rd, 2016, 06:22 AM
Right, so another timesink. Got it.

Phil_SS
March 3rd, 2016, 06:58 AM
It didn't, but the raid was introduced a few weeks (I think) later. That raid was actually the highlight of the game for a long time, and still is for me, as the second raid and all of the storyline were rubbish.

It was released one week after game release and that was acceptable since it took a lot of time and effort, as you know, to get the gear capable of running it. The TTK raid, King's Fall is awesome as well.

I can see them having large/long missions in The Division but unfortunately they won't have the mechanics of Destiny's Raids. The game just isn't set up like that. Which gives me one more reason to hold off for now. I'm bettin we can pick the game up for $30-40 in a couple months.

And anybody who played the Beta would know the game is set up to be a timesink. Any game that has levels and gear determine the power of year character will be that way. The opposite would be a game like RB6:Siege which only takes about 10 hours of gameplay to be on the same footing as everyone else. Which is nice. I can just jump on and play anytime and be just as prepared as the guy who has been playing it for weeks.

Kchrpm
March 3rd, 2016, 09:50 AM
http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/3/11153936/the-division-content-update-expansion-schedule

Following The Division's launch next week, the studio will deliver the game's first free update in April, Incursions, which will bring the game to version 1.1 and introduce the first "incursion." The titular mode sounds like a raid: It's an endgame activity designed for a squad of four high-level players, and it promises rewards including powerful weapons and gear.

The Division will receive another free update in May, Conflict, which will patch the game to version 1.2 and add new features to the Dark Zone PvP mode. The Conflict update will also include a second incursion. In addition to those free updates, Massive Entertainment will regularly release daily and weekly missions, as well as Dark Zone events and new features such as loot trading.

Ok...ok...making it slightly tougher to avoid.

Kchrpm
March 3rd, 2016, 09:52 AM
More from the same article

Massive Entertainment will release The Division's first expansion, Underground, in June. The expansion introduces a new playable area in the bowels of New York City, where squads of up to four players must navigate a network of tunnels and subways to prevent further damage to the city's infrastructure.

Survival, the next expansion, is scheduled for release in the summer. Details on Survival are scarce, although Massive Entertainment clarified in an interview with GameSpot that the expansion isn't focused on a wave-based "horde" mode. The third expansion scheduled for The Division's first year is Last Stand, which will launch in the winter and feature "a new, relentless threat," according to publisher Ubisoft.

Edit: watched the video in the article...dammit...I want this so much now :( I'm even considering getting the season pass version :(

GreatScawt
March 3rd, 2016, 01:31 PM
YES. Very awesome :up:

Now - barring some terribad review scores - I will definitely be picking up the gold version on PC.

Darius
March 4th, 2016, 10:07 AM
So to be specific Kchrpm you're getting this on xbox. I'm still on the fence about which way to go PC or Xbox but I'd have to buy a new video card, which isn't a deal breaker since they come with the division.

Kchrpm
March 4th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Yes, if I get it, it will be for XBox. Which is what EVERYONE should get it for, SCAWT *death stare*

We could color coordinate our guns and call each other by the ninja turtle names as we protect the city of New York and eat pizza. I call Michelangelo!

Alan P
March 4th, 2016, 11:59 AM
PC here.

Yw-slayer
March 4th, 2016, 05:55 PM
#pcmasterrace for life

Not that I'm buying the game.

LHutton
March 5th, 2016, 08:53 AM
There's an awesome decision tree on deciding what gaming platform to get somewhere. It's hilarious but my Googling chi is low.

EDIT: Chi achieved.

http://www.lolpix.com/_pics/Funny_Pictures_310/Funny_Pictures_31012.jpg

Darius
March 5th, 2016, 03:33 PM
I bought a new video card so for now my path is chosen since it came with the division.

LHutton
March 6th, 2016, 12:31 AM
For others looking for freebies, including The Division, ASUS are giving away 2 games with cards and MBs.

http://www.asus.com/uk/event/2-free-games/?utm_source=edm&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=663-20160306

21Kid
March 7th, 2016, 12:55 PM
FYI,

Just today, Ubisoft announced that the first two Division add-ons will be Xbox exclusives for 30 days. Underground and Survival are scheduled for later in the summer; whenever they're set for release, tack on one month to get the PC and PS4 dates. The final DLC pack, Last Stand, arrives this winter to a simultaneous launch across all platforms.

Alan P
March 7th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Not entirely unexpected given the whole 'Get new content first on Xbox' plastered all over the adverts.

Game unlocked tonight at 11pm so I've been playing it for a good 2 1/2-3 hours. Loving it so far. Looks great, no crashes or issues and plenty to do. I'm level 5, still haven't unlocked the base of operations from the beta events and must have completed about 7 or 8 encounters and side missions, found a safe house which unlocked another 4 or 5 and have got some blue mods for my guns. LOADS to do so far!

Kchrpm
March 7th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Interesting...

Kchrpm
March 8th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Weapon List (from code analysis, in Google Sheets): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14DS1xkPP1R6iiEEW6VolXXQxHJ7S3xwh4gm9WvZRsh0/edit?usp=sharing

Updates/Patches since the open beta: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/492ptw/day_1_patch_notes_and_all_you_need_to_know_for/

Tom Clancy’s The Division 1.01
The dev-team has been hard at work to fix a lot of issues and implement more improvements based on your suggestions. Take a look at some of the most notable changes that have been added since the Open Beta.

Appearance Menu has been updated
Now displays as a grid making it much easier to browse items
"Outfit Sets" option added to quickly equip all the items in a set
"Inspect" feature added

Visual Improvements
Fixed several lights that did not cast global illumination
Fixed missing volumetric lights on traffic lights
Illuminated signs now cast actual light
Improved atmospheric haze in several time and weather combinations
Improved night time lighting and contrast
Adjusted exaggerated rim light shader on characters
Improved car window reflections
Improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) to be more pronounced

Mega Map and open world updates:
New "Mission Overview" has been added to the Mega Map
Contaminated zones will now display the required filter level on the Mega Map
Field data with audio will automatically play when you pick them up
If you start listening to field data with audio from the menu, you can keep listening outside the menu
Subtitles added for all Field Data that play audio
Mission entrance menu usability has been improved
Significantly increased the number of crafting materials obtained from loot crates
The icon for landmarks in the Dark Zone has been changed and now indicates if non-player enemies are present or not

Gameplay improvements
New "Help" menu is now available in the Settings menu. It stores all the loading screen and context sensitive tips
New tutorials added for certain gameplay features and mechanics (these can be switched off in the Options menu)
Added information to the in-game loot pickup UI that displays why an item can't be picked up
The deployable turret no longer targets non-rogue players and doesn't damage neutral players caught in the line of fire
Skill modifiers have been added directly to gear (previously only available on gear mods)

Fixes and general improvements
Fixed glitches that could be exploited by players to gain an unfair advantage in the game (such as invisibility, shooting through walls, etc).
Extended server-side checks to detect any illegal actions from the game client, limit their impact in the game and track down the perpetrators.
Fixed an issue on character select screen that resulted in getting stuck with a specific combination of inputs
Fixed a progression blocking issue caused by accepting a group invite at a specific moment during the Base of Operations unlock sequence
Players will no longer return all the way back to start screen after creating or logging in to their Ubisoft Club account
Fixed remaining bugs that prevented log-in attempts when non-essential services were offline
Overall stability increased
Further backend improvements and optimizations
Localization adjustments and bug fixes
Additional minor bug fixes and polish

Kchrpm
March 8th, 2016, 04:53 AM
I was going to wait for reviews to start trickling in, but then I threw caution to the wind, and it's downloading right now.

To anyone that has played the opening, how much time does it take? Could I take 30 minutes at lunch to get through whatever the first mission/setup before a save point?

LHutton
March 8th, 2016, 05:59 AM
Mine's just finished download.:) Think I'll wait until weekend to play though.

Phil_SS
March 8th, 2016, 07:02 AM
To anyone that has played the opening, how much time does it take? Could I take 30 minutes at lunch to get through whatever the first mission/setup before a save point?

From what I have read the servers have been unreliable so far. Typical Ubisoft. So you could go home and not be able to play.

Kchrpm
March 8th, 2016, 08:14 AM
I was able to login with no issue, watch the short intro video, customize my character (the closest they had to long hair for the ladies was a high pony tail, so I went for a dude), and play through some really short side missions. All in under 30 minutes, not counting pauses to eat lunch. Logged out in the safe house just as I was being informed of what I believe to be the first "story" mission, and it gave me an error at the end of that. As long as it saved what I did, shouldn't be an issue. If not, won't be hard to replicate.

21Kid
March 8th, 2016, 08:23 AM
It just amazes me that today, after all these years, they still can't get products out the door that work. It's become such a joke that people expect games not to work the day they are released, and have come to terms with it. :smh:

Kchrpm
March 8th, 2016, 08:37 AM
The product works. The fact there are some people who report they can't play doesn't mean the whole thing doesn't work.

I respect the fact that it is a very complex system, and they tested it with the beta, and despite several people having issues connecting, several others aren't (anecdotally the safe room I went into had about 15-20 people in it). Let's see how long and widespread the issue is before condemning them as having a product that doesn't work.

novicius
March 8th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Ah memories. :) #destiny

Phil_SS
March 8th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Indeed Carlo, indeed.

There is a guy on Reddit that created a thread when he hit PvE Level 30. Stated it took about 15 hours and all he did was play the story missions on hard.

Seems about right for today's games. Though he said he doesn't have much to do in PvE. Still for someone like me, that would be a couple weeks worth of playtime if not more. And of course it doesn't factor in any PvP DZ.

21Kid
March 8th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Why do people suck so much. :smh:

The Division's opening safehouse is proving to be a far more frustrating experience for some players than you'd ever think imaginable. The culprit? Not an overpowered enemy and not some game-breaking bug. It's a guy standing in the doorway.

Mere hours after the game's launch, people have found that players spawning in the first safehouse can't progress if someone just stands in the door. Everyone else is trapped inside, just watching this jamoke wave at them.

novicius
March 8th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Crowdsourced Beta testing. :lol:

Every Online Only game is going to get griefed and hate upon. It's The Division's turn.

Kchrpm
March 8th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Played a lot tonight in single player. Good stuff :up:

LHutton
March 9th, 2016, 01:48 AM
So how do you get your National Guard Gear Set?

Kchrpm
March 9th, 2016, 02:44 AM
I think all your gear that you get outside of gameplay is picked up from the Rewards Claim Vendor once you open up the post office base.

Phil_SS
March 9th, 2016, 06:28 AM
My will is breaking down a little bit......but I think that is just launchitis. It should pass in a few days.

/me heads off to The Division Reddit to get my fix.

Kchrpm
March 9th, 2016, 07:23 AM
I really could use a squad mate, Phil. I'm building myself up as a team healing beast.

LHutton
March 9th, 2016, 08:20 AM
I think all your gear that you get outside of gameplay is picked up from the Rewards Claim Vendor once you open up the post office base.
I've got a base in Manhattan, s that the post office base? (The one from the Open Beta).

LHutton
March 9th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Well I've got the Military M416 in game now anyway... and the M1A.:twisted:

On a down note, crashing quite a bit.

Kchrpm
March 9th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Yep, that's the one. At the end of hallway straight across from the entrance, there is the Rewards Claim Vendor. You interact with him like he's a normal vendor, but everything you get from him is free.

LHutton
March 9th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Fuck, he's well hidden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkmluah5vcc

LHutton
March 9th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Damn, done Subway Morque. This game crashes like Destruction Derby.

GreatScawt
March 9th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Some options to consider for fixing crashing problems:

-If you have the Steam version, do not run the Steam and uplay overlays at the same time.

-Don't use the uplay FPS counter. My friend got his first hard crash within minutes of putting the uplay FPS counter up.

-Verify the integrity of your game files.

Kchrpm
March 9th, 2016, 05:36 PM
On XBox One, I've only had two issues. One was just getting caught behind a restock box after a teammate just pushed me oddly while restocking himself (fixed by fast traveling to him). Just now, though, hard crash of the game. The OS/system was still good, though, I was able to restart without turning the console off, just back to the main XBox menu. Reloading the game put me right back where I was, with the enemies I had killed to finish the mission re-dying so their bodies were in the right place. At least, that's what it sounds/looks like happened.

Alan P
March 9th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Really enjoying this. Have been running all the major missions on Hard and have died many, many times but we found normal wasn't any challenge whatsoever. I think they need to make some sort of middle ground. Amherst's apartment was a particularly frustrating round with multiple squad wipes but we did it and got a decent drop at the end as well. Running on hard, even when we don't have too many problems does mean that each mission lasts at least twice as long as well which aids longevity. I'vee played 15 hours already thanks to being off today and I have tomorrow off too!

LHutton
March 10th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Some options to consider for fixing crashing problems:

-If you have the Steam version, do not run the Steam and uplay overlays at the same time.

-Don't use the uplay FPS counter. My friend got his first hard crash within minutes of putting the uplay FPS counter up.

-Verify the integrity of your game files.
UPlay version. No FPS counter. Verify integrity on UPlay?

There's a 650MB patch already, so hopefully that'll improve things.

Kchrpm
March 10th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Got invited in to help a random young kid doing a tough boss battle with another random. Did that after a few tries (it scaled it up for the three of us, so despite finishing by myself previously, we had a tough time doing it with all three of us), and I think a couple other small things, and then the young kid dropped off. Luckily, the other guy got his mic figured out and was actually cool and good, we rolled through a couple other major missions and got some really good stuff done. I can heal and revive people like a motherfucker now, and my turret pulses whoever it shoots, so I'm looking forward to getting into some 4-man teams with other people that can focus on the other perks.

Darius
March 10th, 2016, 09:52 AM
I wish they just had one server for all game systems.

Kchrpm
March 10th, 2016, 10:14 AM
I wish I could better channel my inner Carlo/George and do some in-depth write-ups of my experiences last night. I have done quite a bit, some of it twice, and some of it is back from the beta.

Things I learned, some of which may be obvious and go for most games in the genre:

- Only buy very special things from vendors; you're quite likely to dumb-luck into "what I have but better" while doing side and especially main missions, so unless you see a Goldilocks item with just the right perk mods/stats/features, let it be

- Mark things as trash as soon as you can, and sell them at the next vendor. Get it out of there! I was hoarding weapon mods for a while, but I'm getting better at that now

- The different gun types each use different ammo types, so I always have a shotgun, marksman, assault, LMG and SMG on me. If I run out with my assault rifle and my normal secondary (shotgun) doesn't have enough range, I have a full supply in 3 other guns to work with

- Signature perks aren't all that expensive, usually just one main mission will net you enough supplies for that wing of your BOO to unlock it

- When selecting side missions, check what part of the map they're in; you may be in a level 7 - 9 zone as a 7, and get close enough to discover something in a 10-14 zone, but you do NOT want to start that alone.

- Missions scale up in difficulty for how many players you bring with you, and their level, not just what difficulty you select. Riley and I did a mission last night where he was level 4 and I was level 11 or 12, so all of the enemies were level 7

- The "Centurions" clothing actually has a different name on the logo. Totally not important.

- One of the wing upgrades adds a clothing store. That is my next upgrade. I'm happy with my R6 Siege hat and pants, but I'm still looking for the right jacket and shoes.

- I do enjoy how the random weather can change the atmosphere and actions in missions. A boring outdoor skirmish turns cinematic during a white out or night time blizzard.

- Turret and healing station are your friends when playing alone. The turret draws attention and fire (especially if you have a good silencer on your gun), and the healing station lets you revive yourself if you're close enough.

- Two players with turrets and smart flanking can wreck house.

- Turret placement: besides the obvious (on top of a van in the middle of an area), often you can aim precisely and get the turret to land right on a railing. Worth taking the time to do that than just tossing it on the ground where enemies can more easily get out of its line of sight, or run up to it and destroy it.

Kchrpm
March 10th, 2016, 11:09 AM
More random thoughts: one of the things I enjoy is the specificity of some of the perks/talents/mods, and how it fits in to the idea of customizing your character so that it fits you, and just going to mindless number comparisons for each thing.

For example, there are various talents and perks you unlock by opening up new sections of the BOO wings. Some of them give you buffs for shooting/getting kills in different stances. You'll deal more damage for 10 seconds if you get a kill while moving, your recoil is reduced for 10 seconds after you get behind cover, or, one of the most interesting to me, you get buffed (I forget how) based on doing a cover to cover move, and the longer the distance you moved between covers, the bigger/longer the buff is.

My typical MO for significant encounters is to toss the drone into a good spot and then cover nearby but off angle so I can headshot people it is suppressing. I landed on using talents/perks that 1) give me 25% reduced recoil when I get in cover, so on that initially volley I can do big damage, and 2) my skill duration goes up 10% every time I get a kill while it's active. This means that, as long as I'm being effective, the turret will just keep going and going and going until everyone is down.

It would be nice if you could combine a lot of the buffs you get into one mega-guy, but I do love that you're not locked in to any of the talents/perks. You don't have to choose one path, tank or healer or sniper or whatever, and then stick with it unless you start a character from scratch. You could decide in the middle of a mission that you want to change up all your talents and perks, and just pause and take a minute to do it. Your biggest limit is what gear you brought with you, but there's plenty of room to carry two or three items in each category. And you can't switch out a skill while it's active, and you have to wait for the cooldown (as if you'd just used it) when you pick a new one IIRC.

Alan P
March 10th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Really enjoying this game and it just shines in co-op. Since we did the MSG mission we've resolved to do everything on Hard and while it takes a good while (which adds to the longevity) the rewards are worth it. I'm level 20 now and have some really great gear. No Orange yet but I do have a couple of purple items and only just stopped using the Purple AK-74 that I got at level 17. We usually roll with 3 or 4 in a squad and use Discord (party voice chat for PC) to co-ordinate and work out the perks we're going to use. The turret that pulses is great and getting Aggro but some of the more advanced bosses can hack them so they shoot at your team! NOT FAIR! Also putting them on places where the enemy can't get to them is always a good tactic. Cleaners also do not like electrical damage. And also love hitting them on their gas tanks and watching the panic!

As Krunch said earlier, keep different weapons on you. And be aware that should you slot two weapons of the same type then they SHARE ammo. That was a big 'oops' I made earlier. I must get some footage recorded. This is the first time in years I've taken time off for a game and I've loved it. Back to work tomorrow though. :(

LHutton
March 11th, 2016, 01:58 AM
Got invited in to help a random young kid doing a tough boss battle with another random. Did that after a few tries (it scaled it up for the three of us, so despite finishing by myself previously, we had a tough time doing it with all three of us), and I think a couple other small things, and then the young kid dropped off. Luckily, the other guy got his mic figured out and was actually cool and good, we rolled through a couple other major missions and got some really good stuff done. I can heal and revive people like a motherfucker now, and my turret pulses whoever it shoots, so I'm looking forward to getting into some 4-man teams with other people that can focus on the other perks.
Depends on difficulty setting to. Have you done Joe Ferro's napalm factory yet. I started that as a level 8, all the enemies were Level 13-15. I got murdered but made it to the ends as a Level 10. Just unlocked the homing mine skills. It's like a little high explosive rat that chases people.:lol:

LHutton
March 11th, 2016, 02:00 AM
Really enjoying this game and it just shines in co-op. Since we did the MSG mission we've resolved to do everything on Hard and while it takes a good while (which adds to the longevity) the rewards are worth it. I'm level 20 now and have some really great gear. No Orange yet but I do have a couple of purple items and only just stopped using the Purple AK-74 that I got at level 17. We usually roll with 3 or 4 in a squad and use Discord (party voice chat for PC) to co-ordinate and work out the perks we're going to use. The turret that pulses is great and getting Aggro but some of the more advanced bosses can hack them so they shoot at your team! NOT FAIR! Also putting them on places where the enemy can't get to them is always a good tactic. Cleaners also do not like electrical damage. And also love hitting them on their gas tanks and watching the panic!

As Krunch said earlier, keep different weapons on you. And be aware that should you slot two weapons of the same type then they SHARE ammo. That was a big 'oops' I made earlier. I must get some footage recorded. This is the first time in years I've taken time off for a game and I've loved it. Back to work tomorrow though. :(
Level 20 already? And I thought I was hooked. Only at Level 12. You know you can deactivate your turrets.

Kchrpm
March 11th, 2016, 05:33 AM
Rolled with Boda Zen and a couple of his friends last night into the Dark Zone, didn't have to deal with any rogues and the four of us were able to deal with some high level AI, so I was able to fill up my stash pretty quickly. We need to get better at mixing and matching Skills: at one point I think all four of us had the health station, and no one had Pulse. I feel like two health stations and two turrets is enough to keep them both up without a gap, then one Pulse, and everything else is players' choice.

Kchrpm
March 11th, 2016, 05:56 AM
After talking with Carlo, I have decided to give my turret a name: Turresa. I should also give her a voice.

My healing station will be named Angel. I'll be rolling in to every fight with T&A on my side.

T will be out front distracting everyone, while A stays back and keeps me up.

LHutton
March 11th, 2016, 06:16 AM
I'm still working on getting the base wings up. What is this pulse?

Kchrpm
March 11th, 2016, 06:25 AM
Pulse is one of the first skills you have. It's the sonar/radar like thing that lights up all the enemies in the area.

Alan P
March 11th, 2016, 09:17 AM
And you can upgrade it for extra damage on pulsed targets or highlighting loot crates. The turret can also be upgraded to pulse targets as well.

Kchrpm
March 11th, 2016, 09:22 AM
The turret pulse is nice, but nowhere near as nice as the full thing.

LHutton
March 11th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Looks like TD servers are down for work again.

LHutton
March 11th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Jesus fucking batshitting Christ, they made the dark zone impossible tonight. Enemy looks at you, you die.

LHutton
March 11th, 2016, 03:30 PM
Why, as a Level 14, am I against Level 28s in the DZ?? Someone fucked up the programming big!

GreatScawt
March 11th, 2016, 04:05 PM
That's frustrating but... also pretty effin funny. :lol:

Alan P
March 11th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Why, as a Level 14, am I against Level 28s in the DZ?? Someone fucked up the programming big!

Because the further north you go in the DZ the higher level the bad guys get. Check the ranking on the map.

LHutton
March 12th, 2016, 01:13 AM
Now I just need to get back out.

LHutton
March 12th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Because the further north you go in the DZ the higher level the bad guys get. Check the ranking on the map.
Ah. Can you actually get supplies for base wings in the DZ?

Kchrpm
March 12th, 2016, 08:13 AM
No, there are no base wings missions or encounters in the DZ.

novicius
March 12th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Alright men, Agent Novi checking in. ;) #sucker

Phil_SS
March 12th, 2016, 04:53 PM
F$&k!

Kchrpm
March 12th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Here I am as of today, with my main guy that I've beaten the main storyline with, and the secondary character in the background, who I will use to go through early missions with folks (since Carlo requested it).

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/riwtRFufNRXnBpbVbwJQjTMq5CYdgSTs-7LMfX-qww1N2pP7jhpfOyi5aSIQpUPN-KxFrA-4dsCbk5ZqpUODvH_rbUwu50iBTe3fMSvMV5tb2RJpbNS-0xcDIObqhI3m51TVdsFTryndc0p3ShPD07tPBl_xUJnZV4ZUie rNL6BhYdecGuZ7ut6KkgVfP37XPbQbw_Zk6CPdOekXUPIeni66 dO6KS4ipTgxoilxORAZvgHrEs-_wIYJiNoF5zdpIMkU0id99uDYfAA6kVa17bVDK3OwrFEcN7dGB dbCZnimIbR_tr34eqkVaF9HrpUBaweYw0ahyBWQw0XrvF_ODAz IjNKh-7NRXaUZkTDv0jbytWDCf4acDJx-FcdoouXB-9Yjt_Q29n6WeXU8eQOTSbcIFwHMMnq8TXx68kVk-QiJLyUmUEP4WUpsro0wl4sFGv0Y4yGXqEw-Qr8NKHChGAbV_Sbj0B2_0941pDznO2q7IAN-47w8vCJoow9Rgb3mx1RpajKgEclMoovR_LYKwTGLK87aQozpKs rWIeZ3G-zmEucA3i4FnzBWZiPX_4UslbchggA=h1080-no

LHutton
March 13th, 2016, 01:17 AM
How do you get that picture up?

I've been considering a shotgun but I worry about range. I have an M870 with 8010 DMG. Level 16 at mo'. What level did you unlock 3 skill slots?

Kchrpm
March 13th, 2016, 03:29 AM
Shotgun is used when enemies rush. I also have an LMG for the extra absorbent bullet sponges.

The third skill slot is a signature skill, you get it when you buy the 1000 supply upgrade for a BOO wing.

Edit: Forgot to say, I captured the screenshot and downloaded it off the XBox Live website, then posted to/cropped with Google Photos.

Kchrpm
March 13th, 2016, 06:26 AM
Well that's annoying. Crafted an assault rifle because the specs said it would have a 47 round magazine. Came out with a 30 :|

GreatScawt
March 13th, 2016, 07:09 AM
Oh man, that's frustrating :down: You sure it wasn't those "it could be [this] to [that]" kinda stat rolls?

This my guy.
http://i.imgur.com/3FTPV2t.jpg

Also, holy shit the lighting is the game is what makes it for me.
http://i.imgur.com/o080PPs.jpg

I got a blue Vector... but WTF, no stock? :|
http://i.imgur.com/tmx55Ra.jpg

novicius
March 13th, 2016, 07:12 AM
Rolled with Kch & Chris last night -- I don't remember much of it because I was baby-tired and because they both rolled through the two missions we did like a hot knife through an insurgent's abdomen. :hard:

I'd get into a relatively defendable position and then the battleline would fly past me! :lol: The Streetsweeper Brothers would clear out a hotspot as I would be cautiously approaching, checking corners and eyeing windows or elevated positions.

By the end of the night I was having my 'toon (endearingly named "Grandma Plissken") sprint up ahead past them, deep into enemy lines, just so I could empty an ill-advised magazine into the next group of troopers. This resulted in me triggering events that the boys weren't ready for and then had to run up to me and save my Geritol-taking ass. :up:

So yeah, it was a good time! :D

novicius
March 13th, 2016, 07:16 AM
F$&k!
Yep. Might as well jump in. ;)

I got Agent Nino Brown sitting at level 4 just waiting to join you!

Alan P
March 13th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Well that's annoying. Crafted an assault rifle because the specs said it would have a 47 round magazine. Came out with a 30 :|

So the DPS value on the weapons is generally without mods. Always, ALWAYS strip your weapons down if you're swapping. You can easily add several K's worth of damage to a weapon with mods. In your case it was likely an extended magazine. I have a purple M-60 'classic' which has 156 rounds thanks to a purple magazine. Proper Rambo moments as it's just a full auto, don't stop until they're all dead. I prefer my one level higher ACR though for normal mobs.

Kchrpm
March 13th, 2016, 12:15 PM
It turns out the issue is that blueprints show stats with the mods you have attached to your primary weapon. My primary weapon at the time had an extended mag, so the blueprint was showing the result with that extended mag on.

My main is now a purple LVOA-C, with a shotgun secondary for when they rush and a purple M60 with 178 rounds if things get crazy. My first (and only) yellow items are the pistol whose blueprints you get for beating the final mission, and a scope I got in the Dark Zone when a few randoms were helping out my three-man group in a 31-level DZ area.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/t__AKXVQHDUhToSPzxc1hhnsg6---8431l3iSBQOcoYtzTSvK_ov_HX55GxcuW2rjIJ4_AT-ingBh75zS3E_N0ZDNVBxWGCcPsI2I-qEtm__-v4zxZVVihH0cGhwNH1vizASHlt_npOGG_5WTPquDP6OSCCa5Kw BovqSix9uGMunIlsZD_V3cT8WWKalAOXOD5ag7-gxEytabWEW3_59uulyz4i7ccSD8VGAH5NDcSlyI_No5XDtsjQz-iU_Qs3Jjh8fInRIQuFBzmSLPaB_wTLtEH1g-59wvEvsyAXFm6KD-5xSddJyYQrEBWj3MNpKF3ui0PpoOBig340Si8tz80SYIqH81Hy fUeuZNhF53j11pZJbA2UvxRse0NQiGaNUR3K1G-1_jFtqKoSUyN03DDGQiFnLbbsMsWhoNQwbQBBnddVoMwwV2VdF e2Oz_vx2JP2dueX6i3bpHYCH4UxGPsBjmXet5uan2ry9EMjtk-y2294iiaZeeMSiYFzjDFvFJrMAe4f1Z3qQRD1yfder980db6lz xebJXbse6-zO2vgRXPd8zkelxuvk9XaBdh4rxU0inA=s1080-no

LHutton
March 13th, 2016, 02:10 PM
How is anyone on Level 31? I'm only on Level 15 DZ so far.

Well can't figure how to do a picture but I got to Level 18, stole some Level 20 mods from some Level 27 enemies in the DZ after playing shoot them in the head with the M1A then run and come back repeat but can't use them yet. Managed to extract a SOCOM M1A, and a Level 18 Tactical Vector rated at 1427 DMG and 750ROF.

Yobbo NZ
March 13th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Sorry I had to bail on you Keith,was around midnight here and I was struggling to stay awake.

Kchrpm
March 13th, 2016, 07:32 PM
No problem.

The enemies are level 31 (and I think 32), not the players. It's so there is always a challenge, even if you have the best gear.

Speaking of having the best gear, guess what went on sale at the appearance vendor tonight?

Orange weapon skins! I bought around 10 of them, to put on all my guns and share with my other characters. It's a little more saturated on my TV than on my monitor.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/31dyqXyLsDdBBMiJzVcz9kPWnhf1wxDgiWAB5iOWZTc4MdPTfS 3BQ6v0YcwdMjeHiAYIWZs4LDUcPZPngv0vhDermENafeyTXLD1 8xfmkP5ElxVa8DfN3r8ftaA1cqidO9BWoNBQPTZd-mJZOJOdfTu9DYHBN2fvZ4RqpYXzUYriovzHYVUlmt9nmdPZj-XniIMTRPjzHA2hAdxWS1h8ULYJ8yMJ-DDfBzSFIjGZJQ93_U8-8Bk3z8T3PnOL5SZLW78ODwC19iWS4ae3eiC1n4eLDHYLkV-SVkrK9ro8itiWF3vOFcJthsIi89aKZdKBXq9nup_n7gnYSCsYB WP4DjgilRrjKaE4BrXoWRQQEPklENJ4ZhdNUuccVqyhAx7FtXC Q9luegg_EVnFaBsrRS1OsHIKtdi3Oy9MzEd6mB3nqtiL5nIHRN 2hUu0IOUUPe_--LEvb-BFbSwPiAWtn1EFGa7IzvI5fo1hTWuAJMiOiqUQLZ_sn1nuyts7 96WzzVYyCMwV3M4kCFRS9i-nma7iQfKhnT9mNE6bHXsLXKCMRaDGOQSV4Svpdc84BT4VSEmSC KGA=s1080-no

LHutton
March 14th, 2016, 02:33 AM
Can't see your pic but why would you want orange skins and what's the appearance vendor?

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2016, 03:38 AM
Appearance vendor is something you unlock, sells weapon skins and clothing.

novicius
March 14th, 2016, 03:48 AM
Can't see the pic here. :|

Did a great co-op on Hard with Chris last night. Yes the baddies become absolute bullet-sponges but it also ramps up the intensity really satisfyingly. Isn't such a duck-hunting twitchfest, allowing multiple team members to get shots on the AI, time to work on flanking, look around and build up desperation, etc. :D

I will say that I did cheese a level by luring a Big Bad away from his cronies, trapping him in a narrow corridor behind a wall of boxes and then running back to help out my teammate with cleaning up the sub-bosses. If we had had everything in the same room with us, I don't think we could have completed it. #shrug

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2016, 04:05 AM
It's in the same shared folder as the earlier pics that worked. Google Photos strikes again! I'll see if fiddling a little fixes it.

novicius
March 14th, 2016, 04:10 AM
That works. :cool: :up:

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2016, 04:17 AM
Sweet :up: But yeah, the cover, flanking and general scheming really ramps up against high level enemies. We're calling out enemies, what perks we're using, who is flanking whom, grenades in and out, etc.

Since I named my turret and healing station (Turresa and Angel), Boda decided to name his Captain and Tennille. Leads to a lot of "Captain's going up," "throwing Turresa," and "pick me up Angel!" I suggest you all name your deployable skills.

novicius
March 14th, 2016, 04:37 AM
When I get to that point, mine will be named "Turret" and "Station", respectively. ;)

I'm using completely scrounged weaponry and as with Destiny, it really doesn't seem to matter. I've taken to scrapping everything for materials instead of selling things. Figure by the time I'll want to craft I'll have more of a need for mats vs money.

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2016, 04:38 AM
But those could be anyone's :(

When you all open up the gun range, see if you can a score of 10. Best I can do is 9, I'm guessing the PC guys will be able to better.

novicius
March 14th, 2016, 05:02 AM
Is that a tactical problem? Can you repair your turret or someone else's turret?

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2016, 05:18 AM
To be serious, some of the really high enemies have their own turrets and health stations. Between those and potentially four of each on your own fire team, it can get confusing what is up and where.

When we spot a big furball we grab cover, I say where in going to throw Turresa, I tell Boda to drop Captain and then I'll drop Angel afterwards, etc. Plus I know Tennille has the shocking darts perk, so I can use the larger radius suppressing fire perk. Tennille shocks, Turresa guns them down. They're a good team :)

Also, they can hack your turret and turn it against you, so having someone say "Turresa is hacked" lets me know that it's my turret and I need to destroy it, not ask whose turret.

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2016, 05:27 AM
And no, you can't repair turrets or health stations.

21Kid
March 14th, 2016, 07:03 AM
F$&k!
Yep. Might as well jump in. ;)

I got Agent Nino Brown sitting at level 4 just waiting to join you!Agreed Phil. :|
Rolled with Kch & Chris last night -- I don't remember much of it because I was baby-tired and because they both rolled through the two missions we did like a hot knife through an insurgent's abdomen. :hard:

I'd get into a relatively defendable position and then the battleline would fly past me! :lol: The Streetsweeper Brothers would clear out a hotspot as I would be cautiously approaching, checking corners and eyeing windows or elevated positions.

By the end of the night I was having my 'toon (endearingly named "Grandma Plissken") sprint up ahead past them, deep into enemy lines, just so I could empty an ill-advised magazine into the next group of troopers. This resulted in me triggering events that the boys weren't ready for and then had to run up to me and save my Geritol-taking ass. :up:

So yeah, it was a good time! :D But, I'm afraid this would happen... or I would end up playing solo, not wanting to drag down the team. :| Since I only have a few hours a week to play... It does sound intriguing though.

novicius
March 14th, 2016, 07:45 AM
To be fair, The Division *is* still good fun solo. :up: I don't regret my purchase, if that helps.

As for low levels, I am making it a point to have 1 'toon for solo play and the rest of my slots available for low level friends play, Kid. So whenever you & Phil hop on, you won't be alone. ;)

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Yep, I have a level 6(?) character (the young lady in the above screenshots) ready and willing to participate in the early missions again.

What I should point out is that Chris and I weren't barreling forward because we had superior characters to Carlo. In fact, on the missions we did together, Carlo's character was a higher rank and better gear than mine. I was just trying to get in better positions for the fire fight. I had no scopes, sights or handgrips on my assault rifle, so my aim was bad and my recoil was awful. Pressing forward and throwing grenades was my best option. And, to be more specific, on the boss fight at Madison Square Garden, I have found from earlier play throughs that there is a flanking position with cover forward and on the right. I go up there while others stay back or go left, and I can flank everyone that rushes them and grabs cover. Pushing forward to a flanking position is almost always the best plan of attack in this game. Against really high level, large quantity enemy groups you do need to just hold one spot so you can heal and support each other, and team fire on one enemy to slowly whittle their numbers down, but then you need to constantly cycle through turrets to keep them from flanking you. Even then, have a shotgun secondary, because someone will break through.

PS if you play with me and a boss is almost finished, there is a high probability I will take out my pistol, yell "the old ways are the best!" and take advantage of the double damage talent that all pistols have against enemies with low health. It's a very satisfying way to finish off a boss that has taken 5 minutes of machine gun fire to kill. I got someone else to say it yesterday, too. It was great.

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2016, 08:24 AM
I've also noticed that a lot of roaming enemies don't see you until you're almost right next to them, so you can surround them by staying out of eye sight before you start the encounter. For the groups on the street, I'll get to a flanking position behind cover, throw Turresa in the center or on a high vantage point, and then start firing. If I say when I'm throwing Turresa, Boda will often throw a grenade at their feet and then toss up Tennille.

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Oh boy, MS is adding cross-platform capability to XBox Live, between XBox and PS4. Hopefully Ubisoft patches it in to The Division.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/14/11219726/xbox-one-rocket-league-cross-platform-play-announced

Phil_SS
March 14th, 2016, 09:45 AM
It is infinitely easier for a game like Rocket League to be cross platform than a game like The Division. So don't count on it.

What I could see is new games being developed from the ground up having the capability. Like say Destiny 2. It may be one more of the reasons why they pushed back it's release until Fall 2017.

novicius
March 14th, 2016, 11:33 AM
On a side note: The Division plays (and looks!) a lot like what I'd want GTA VI like. :up:

It currently has very similar movements, aiming and shooting animations, similar Weapon Menu-wheels and of course the 3rd-person view. It's almost there already...

Phil_SS
March 14th, 2016, 11:38 AM
F That! I want Forza 6 + Rainbow Six: Siege. :P

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I have always wished that, outside of missions, I could actually do things to benefit people in the city in GTA games, not just avoid them or hurt them with no real positive choice. Driving a taxi is the closest I got, but now all you're doing is helping people, either by handing out bottles of water or killing bad guys.

novicius
March 14th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Ok I'll vote for that too! :D :up:

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2016, 11:42 AM
F That! I want Forza 6 + Rainbow Six: Siege. :P

Oh my...

LHutton
March 14th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Just met up with a really cool group in the level 20-24 DZ, did some serious killing. I've figured out that the key to the game is, that if an enemy is on fire they can't shoot you.

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Same goes for a lot of the other statuses (disoriented, shocked, blind/deaf, I forget what else). And you can toss an EMP grenade at turrets and healing stations.

Yobbo NZ
March 14th, 2016, 04:38 PM
I find it rather frustrating, filling a guy with a full M60 magazine,and he's still capable of firing and moving towards you.
Also the hard option for missions is also annoying as the enemies charge you all the time.So you end up with about 3 or 4 guys running at you resulting in instadeath.
Although I did manage to do the hospital mission on hard relatively easily.

novicius
March 15th, 2016, 03:24 AM
Elevate. ;)

I was too busy wif mah chores to save New York last night. Tonight tho'...!! :D

LHutton
March 15th, 2016, 03:24 AM
I find it rather frustrating, filling a guy with a full M60 magazine,and he's still capable of firing and moving towards you.
Also the hard option for missions is also annoying as the enemies charge you all the time.So you end up with about 3 or 4 guys running at you resulting in instadeath.
Although I did manage to do the hospital mission on hard relatively easily.
Blind fire is a good tactic when they're moving towards you. Just have the circle on them near their head and press LMB with no RMB. That way you fire without leaving cover and if they're close it still does serious damage.

Managed to start a turf war between rival factions in the DZ last night. Saw one down the street and the other in a parking lot. Shot one person from each gang in the head with the M1A, one came down then street, others came out of the lot, then I just sat back and watched, taking the occasional shot. They finished off each other pretty good then I picked of the last two.

Yobbo NZ
March 15th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Blind fire is a good tactic when they're moving towards you. Just have the circle on them near their head and press LMB with no RMB. That way you fire without leaving cover and if they're close it still does serious damage.

Managed to start a turf war between rival factions in the DZ last night. Saw one down the street and the other in a parking lot. Shot one person from each gang in the head with the M1A, one came down then street, others came out of the lot, then I just sat back and watched, taking the occasional shot. They finished off each other pretty good then I picked of the last two.

Just a touch hard when there is 4-5 enemies,they flank either side of your cover,still walking/running into your hail of bullets and they have armor which absorbs anything you fire or throw at them.Even the rolling proximity mine with cluster bombs added does stuff all.
Normal is too easy,hard is near impossible/controller throwing.

Darius
March 15th, 2016, 02:30 PM
If anyone wants to group on PC, my UPLAY id is dariusgsr. I think I'm currently level 30/21.

LHutton
March 15th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Just a touch hard when there is 4-5 enemies,they flank either side of your cover,still walking/running into your hail of bullets and they have armor which absorbs anything you fire or throw at them.Even the rolling proximity mine with cluster bombs added does stuff all.
Normal is too easy,hard is near impossible/controller throwing.
The last mission I did on hard was the 20-23 security one when you encounter Laurie Barrett. After that I decided it was better to do normal and rank up, because it gets you the same wing supplies and XP, only the cash is reduced.

I'm currently trying to play my way through the level 24-28 zone as a level 22 now and even the street gangs are tough. They're larger in number and move way faster.

LHutton
March 15th, 2016, 03:33 PM
If anyone wants to group on PC, my UPLAY id is dariusgsr. I think I'm currently level 30/21.
30 DZ or 21 DZ? I'm 22 non-DZ right now, so we'd probably be a good match.

LHutton
March 15th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Anyone know if the military specialists outfits pack is supposed to be free with the Gold Edition Season Pass?

EDIT: Seems not. Fuck Ubisoft, not really a Season Pass at all.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718814-tom-clancys-the-division/73417549

novicius
March 16th, 2016, 06:41 AM
Did some more solo work last night. Just damn fun to pick up and play, as Keith mentioned earlier in this thread. :up:

There's something about The Division that plays significantly better than Destiny solo -- and I can't really pin it down. It's not the turrets & healing stations, not the austere settings (Destiny has plenty of those)... maybe it's just the 3rd-person view? There is so much happening at just about any location in GTA V that it's kind of rare to find stillness and compare that game to Destiny like The Division does, ironically enough.

Being able to watch your screen like a movie vs an FPS must be the difference: it's a lot more noticeable seeing your 'toon as the only thing moving for blocks and blocks than as an FPS where nothing moves if it isn't shooting at you. #justaguess

But I am still just scratching the surface of The Division; like Destiny, this "austere stillness & mystery" could easily turn into "boredom" once everything is known, unlocked and finished. :lol:

Kchrpm
March 16th, 2016, 06:44 AM
The stillness can be avoided by travelling to the right areas :)

novicius
March 16th, 2016, 06:52 AM
I believe you and I am trying not to learn about them too fast. ;) #savortheunknown

21Kid
March 16th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Could it be that NYC feels more alive? The only people in Destiny were bad guys or friends... Except for the NPC in the tower. There are NPCs walking around in the Division. And The Division is all in one city, (right?) so it feels connected. You don't have to light jump to the Tower, each planet, zone, etc...
Your base of operations and fighting zones are all within one map. Not separated.

novicius
March 16th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Could be -- but I'm thinking about moment-to-moment immersion... and 3rd-person immersion working for me is possibly jarring for someone like Phil who wants to adventure with a 1st-person POV.

I am really liking the cinematic POV is all I can come up with. *shrug* Feels very much like watching "Escape from New York". :D

Kchrpm
March 16th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Sometimes it is fun to just run somewhere instead of fast traveling, just so I can hand out consumables and run into random people. At first, I thought the baddies only spawned hanging out, roaming or picking at a dead body, but I have seen some robberies/attacks in progress, and been able to prevent them. That feels good.

novicius
March 16th, 2016, 08:02 AM
Yup -- also, I tend to jog vs sprint everywhere. Also I wave to a lot of civilians. :D

I got rid of Pulse btw. I don't like having the game tell me where baddies are, I like figuring that out for myself. ;)

Kchrpm
March 16th, 2016, 08:03 AM
I never thought to wave to them. Do they notice/respond?

Edit: Pulse's big benefits are that it gives you damage boosts against anyone it finds, and one of the upgrades will light up lootable items for you. Great for when you're in a subway, you can see into all the little rooms for chests.

That being said, I rarely use it, because Turresa and Angel are more useful for me in a furball.

Kchrpm
March 16th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Related to my curiosity on The Division cosplay: Ubisoft's Gunsmith features + Nerf gun = Nerf Modulus (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U5UE146/ref=s9_simh_gw_g21_i1_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=077QNQQN8GXHHE0954Z9&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop)

From this

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/AdLandingPages/Nerf/modulus-base-right.png

To this (or combinations of this stuff and other stuff)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71isLzJKnfL._SL1500_.jpg

Phil_SS
March 16th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Could be -- but I'm thinking about moment-to-moment immersion... and 3rd-person immersion working for me is possibly jarring for someone like Phil who wants to adventure with a 1st-person POV.

I don't mind the 3rd person view for running around and experiencing the game world. But when I go to shoot a weapon or toss a grenade etc I want to be able to do it via FPV. Especially shooting a weapon. Luckily the Division does allow for FPV view while using an ACOG or 12X sight. So I was able to enjoy the combat while playing the Beta.

It's unfortunate they couldn't have allowed for it with all weapons and sights.

Kchrpm
March 16th, 2016, 10:51 AM
When I notice a scope (or grip, or any other generic weapon mod) I like in the store, I buy enough to put one on every gun. I have 3 or 4 guns with the same grip and magazine right now, for example. Maybe silencer as well...some of the mods only fit certain gun sizes, though.

LHutton
March 16th, 2016, 11:49 AM
I just completed the 2nd LMB mission (level 26 minimum recommended) at level 22 solo. Shit that was hard.:lol: Now at Level 23 and the next mission is level 27 minimum.

Can you get more wing supplies by re-doing completed missions?

Kchrpm
March 16th, 2016, 12:09 PM
No, you can only get more wing supplies at missions/encounters that have not been completed (or at least are not marked as "Replay"; sometimes when you go to another person's instance of the main world, encounters you've done will not be marked as completed...I think). New encounters will open up every week or some number of days, I'm not sure, along with side missions. Check the JTF officers and bulletin boards in safe houses life before.

Anyway, the map will tell you what rewards you can get for completing/replaying a mission.

Alan P
March 16th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Made 29 tonight on the Last mission with the helicopter. I was expecting a bit more difficulty. Still enjoying it and now up to DZ Rank 25 as well.

LHutton
March 17th, 2016, 02:52 AM
So which is the hardest mission?

Kchrpm
March 17th, 2016, 05:50 AM
Oh now I get what the Crafting Material (Dark Zone) blueprints are for, it's so you can use Division Tech to craft any type of material.