PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop color calibration help?

CudaMan
September 22nd, 2015, 10:28 AM
My girl's computer runs Photoshop 7.0. I have CS2. When I view a picture I've taken in Windows Photo Viewer and in Photoshop they look identical. When she views a photo in those two pieces of software, it looks much better in Photoshop than in Windows Photo Viewer. In WPV it loses color detail, saturation, and shadow detail. Like it's a limited gamut of colors and/or light levels.

We've gone through all the color management options we can find in both PS and Windows (7). Both are identical now (some of hers were different in PS before). But she still has the same problem.

Anyone know what we're missing?

Edit - We've discovered that a file uploaded to the internet looks more or less the same as what's seen in Photoshop. And it looks the same in MS Paint as well. So the problem seems to be Windows Photo Viewer. Which I can't find any options for. Strange, huh?

Rare White Ape
September 23rd, 2015, 12:28 AM
What version of Windows does she run? If it's an older one like XP, it'll be WPV for sure.

It's a shitty program that used to permanently change your photos if you simply rotated the image. Something similar to this: http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/12361/are-windows-photo-viewer-rotations-lossless