PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow 6

Godson
November 29th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I downloaded the beta, and it feels good. It forces you to be good and vigilant on your moves and choices. Anyone else playing?

Phil_SS
November 29th, 2015, 04:07 PM
I downloaded the Beta as well but I haven't played it yet. Hopefully tonight.

Godson
November 29th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Let me know what you think. If isn't like previous rainbows, but it sure as hell isn't like the current crop of fps games

Rare White Ape
November 29th, 2015, 09:08 PM
D'oh!

Nice to find out about this on the last day of the beta.

Phil_SS
November 30th, 2015, 05:29 AM
I played for a bit last night. I specifically played the Terrorist Hunt on Realistic as Lone Wolf and also my Buddy joined for a few games.

It seems to be abit more tactical but it only feels that way because the terrorists are barricaded into the building. After you have entered the building it feels like the prior Rainbow Six games. It is fun blowing holes in the sides of the building or breaking through drywall and then shooting through the holes.

I haven't heard any funny dialog by the terrorists yet. I'm hoping they kept some of that because it was a great feature of the prior games that my buddies and I quote to this day.

"My face!"
"Not bad asshole, not bad"
"Bitch owed me money...Me too man, me too!"
"Cover me...f you man cover me!"

Kchrpm
November 30th, 2015, 07:37 AM
I played quite a bit of the beta, both normal multiplayer and terrorist hunt, lone wolf and co-op.

Terrorist Hunt still has the frustration of AI characters spawning in, so though you can toss a drone in and scout an area, at some point several more will spawn from outside and run in. Still, before that happens, using the drone to scout out enemy and bomb locations, planning a coordinated attack (when your teammates actually have mics), and having them go to plan is very rewarding. I miss the lack of cover mechanics, but it's likely I would have just used them as a crutch and not benefited from them.

The 5 vs 5 multiplayer is a lot of fun, but also very difficult against decent teams. There are so many ways to get into and reinforce every room, and you need to figure out which room(s) to get into. It's a great game of chess. With teams full of people on mic, even losing was pretty entertaining, because we could call out locations and plans, and dead players just become camera operators.

If we had 5 players all on mic for a night in casual lobbies, I bet we could win more than we lose, just with the smallest bit of coordination (blowing two holes in a room at the same time, sticking together, etc).

I call dibs on the medic with the P90 and the healing gun :up:

Godson
November 30th, 2015, 08:48 AM
I didn't like the p90. Which is funny because I love the 5.7 ammo it shoots. Give me the mp5 though and I am a happy kid.

I wish they had the mpx in .40s/w though, and a 300 blackout caliber AR style rifle.

Kchrpm
November 30th, 2015, 08:51 AM
I barely got to use the P90, between server problems and only one person per team being able to use each specialized character, I only got to be Doc for a couple defense rounds, both of which saw me getting a lovely surprise death. Never even got to use the healing gun.

Phil_SS
November 30th, 2015, 09:06 AM
I wish they had the mpx in .40s/w though, and a 300 blackout caliber AR style rifle.

H&K HK417 is the closest to the Blackout AR style rifle.

Phil_SS
December 1st, 2015, 06:51 AM
I call dibs on the medic with the P90 and the healing gun :up:

I miss your musk.

Kchrpm
December 1st, 2015, 11:11 AM
Oh wait, this comes out TODAY? I thought I had time to make the decision...

Phil_SS
December 1st, 2015, 11:12 AM
I bought it cause I'm a sucker for Terrorist Hunt.

Kchrpm
December 1st, 2015, 11:14 AM
That's all I needed to hear. :up:

Kchrpm
December 1st, 2015, 12:24 PM
We can practice our tactics before Wildlands (http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?1250-Ghost-Recon-Wildlands&highlight=wildlands) comes out.

21Kid
December 1st, 2015, 12:27 PM
Why can't they spread these games out more!?! :(

Kchrpm
December 1st, 2015, 12:30 PM
Because they're all competing for that holiday dollar! Gift cards are flowing like water!

novicius
December 1st, 2015, 12:36 PM
I'll download the beta tonight. :up:

Kchrpm
December 1st, 2015, 12:39 PM
I think the beta's over. Full game, bucko.

21Kid
December 1st, 2015, 01:03 PM
I only get so many dollars at one time.
I'd buy more of them if they weren't all within a few months of each other. :( I really liked R6V 1+2

novicius
December 1st, 2015, 01:11 PM
I think the beta's over. Full game, bucko.
LoL really? I'd better start doing some research and watching some vids to see if it's worth it, then.

21Kid
December 1st, 2015, 01:18 PM
:lol:

Kchrpm
December 1st, 2015, 01:34 PM
I only get so many dollars at one time.
I'd buy more of them if they weren't all within a few months of each other. :( I really liked R6V 1+2
I think it comes with R6V1+2 on XBox.

Alan P
December 1st, 2015, 01:57 PM
PC version available for £20. Is it any good?

Kchrpm
December 1st, 2015, 09:10 PM
Got in about an hour of co-op Terrorist Hunt with Phil and riley. Yes, it's good. Terrorist Hunt has attack and defend modes, so you get to mess around with both sides, and it's never too easy and not yet too ass-fucking (on Normal difficulty).

Phil_SS
December 2nd, 2015, 06:29 AM
Heal myself! ONE MAN ARMY! :lol:

Just one more.......

Kchrpm
December 2nd, 2015, 07:58 AM
Heal myself! ONE MAN ARMY! :lol:
:hard:

Just one more.......
Hour :D

Kchrpm
December 2nd, 2015, 02:23 PM
Ha, the guy with the P90 and extra body armor he can drop for his team has my birthday.

Phil_SS
December 4th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Chris and I played some MP last night and it was pretty fun.

Kchrpm
December 4th, 2015, 10:24 AM
My frustration with multiplayer comes mostly from the random server disconnects I'm still getting.

Phil_SS
December 4th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Ah, that would be frustrating. Fortunately I haven't seen that as of yet.

Kchrpm
December 4th, 2015, 11:32 AM
I did have a nice long streak with a couple of groups last night. One was very communicative, and one was completely silent, but both were effective. Protip: when you're on defense, make sure Rook and Doc both get selected. The extra armor that everyone can pick up, plus the instant healing gun, make standing up to the AI onslaught easier.

The Christmas decorations all over the Russian cafe are lovely, too.

Kchrpm
December 6th, 2015, 06:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfzsMQGqrt0

novicius
December 6th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Inside joke?

Kchrpm
December 6th, 2015, 08:50 AM
One of the achievements is "Air Force One." Phil, Chris and I got it last night and all started singing the song, and then Chris started playing it on his phone for all of us to here. Good times :up:

Phil_SS
December 6th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I got two Per!

Kchrpm
December 7th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Spent some time in Hard mode of Terrorist Hunt, was not soul crushing. I do often wish that you could use DEF characters in all modes of Terrorist Hunt, perhaps in a later update they'll open that up.

I don't know what my favorite map is gameplay wise, but if I lived near someplace like Kafe Dostoyevsky, I'd be there every weekend.

Edit: crap, I just realized, my character is the only one that can blow the floor openings from below. Can't get up there once I do, but if targets are standing nearby/on top, or a teammate has grenades, that could be quite effective.

Kchrpm
December 7th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Things for us to test in the next session:
Blowing a panel from below and tossing grenades up.
Combining Ash with other breaching characters (Sledge, Thermite), especially if they can also carry breaching charges, to breach a room from several locations at once. We could blow a hole in every window/door in a room at once.

Edit: HA! If you don't pick up all of Rook's armor, the enemy can use them.

Kchrpm
December 9th, 2015, 06:56 AM
Um, apparently you can do the Situations as co-op. Phil...we have work to do.

Phil_SS
December 9th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Really? Are you sure it's not just the last Situation which has matchmaking?

Kchrpm
December 10th, 2015, 05:31 AM
You are right.

Phil_SS
December 29th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Man are the servers and net coding terribad. In this day and age it is just pathetic.

Still having a great time though when I actually get to play.

Kchrpm
December 29th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Agreed on all points.

Phil_SS
January 18th, 2016, 05:21 AM
They have made a couple updates in the past few weeks and it has made the matchmaking much much better.

Still having a great time while playing.

21Kid
January 19th, 2016, 08:07 AM
$35 today on Amazon (http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00KVHSNB0/ref=gbps_rlm_s-3_0842_47515040?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2338600842&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0AX7MN8EPDZ3CKSAZZCZ)

Kchrpm
January 19th, 2016, 08:24 AM
It's time to Siege the day, Kid!

21Kid
January 19th, 2016, 11:01 AM
I have so many other FPSs. :( I really liked R6V1&2... But, I don't think I'd have time. :|

Kchrpm
January 19th, 2016, 11:05 AM
There's basically no single player, just glorified tutorials, all you have to have time for is getting online with your BROS.

21Kid
January 19th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Exactly... :(

Phil_SS
January 19th, 2016, 12:01 PM
There's basically no single player, just glorified tutorials, all you have to have time for is getting online with your BROS.

Where you been?

Kchrpm
January 19th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Getting ready for my 7:30 am daily meetings :(

Godson
January 20th, 2016, 06:39 PM
So, are there more firaerms to choose from, or did the beta pretty much sum up the occasion.

Kchrpm
January 21st, 2016, 02:29 AM
Every character only has 1-3 main weapons and 1 or 2 sidearms. The recruits get their choice of most of the main and side weapons, without any attachments.

Phil_SS
January 21st, 2016, 09:31 AM
So, are there more firearms to choose from, or did the beta pretty much sum up the occasion.

Yes and yes, there are new weapons available due to certain operators not being available in the Beta. Like Jager's HK 416C, Twitch's HK 417, Fuze's LMG and AK-12. Plus the specialties for missing operators.

Lately on Defense I have become almost exclusively a Bandit player. Love his MP7 with a silencer, red dot and foregrip. And his specialty can really help to lock down an area particularly when combined with Mute.

Kchrpm
January 26th, 2016, 01:21 PM
In the first round of a match, I came up with a way to attack that defensive location, but it didn't work as planned and I immediately thought of a way to fix it. We don't get that location to Attack again, going 0-2 and then coming back to tie it at 2-2. In overtime, we're back on Attack, and the first defensive point is back. We use the new technique, blowing two walls open while having cover, and then sending another team in from the other side with Sledge once they've been distracted. We take out three of their guys to get it to 5-2, but a prone P90 in the hands of Rook takes out two of us. We still pull out the victory, though, for (I think) my third comeback match victory of the afternoon.

https://estherspetition.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/whenaplancomestogether.jpg

GreatScawt
April 21st, 2016, 02:25 PM
My buddy and I played this during the free weekend on Steam. Just grabbed the gold edition now off of Humble Bundle.

Kchrpm
May 9th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Siege update info: http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/dustline.aspx

I'm going to short version a lot of it, details at the site.

- Two new operators (US Navy SEALS, DEF has sticky cameras and ATK has transparent shield) that both carry Desert Eagles.
- New map, called Border

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqHxebcvgDE

- 3 new weapon skins
- Swappable headgear for all operators
- Charms to attach to weapons
- Winning team showcase

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/rainbow6/siege/R6-dust-line-feature-team_248352.jpg

- Modify loadout between rounds

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/rainbow6/siege/R6-dust-line-feature-loadout_248350.jpg

- Operator Balancing
* IQ’s gadget now has enhanced visual feedback
* Tachanka’s LMG is now easier to place and easier to use
* Montagne’s shield adds side protection
* Frost no longer has a Nitro Cell
* Buck gets grenades & reduced recoil, but his shotgun loses range
* Thatcher’s EMP grenade gets a range reduction
* Sledge swaps Breach Charges for Stun Grenades
* Thermite swaps Frag Grenades for Stun Grenades
* The FBI SWAT Recruit Shield loadout will now have heavy armor

-Gadget and Attachment Balancing
* Optional one button press to take out gadget and another press to place, with a cancel button
* Red Dot & Reflex Triangle sights now smaller/more precise
* Flash Hider now reduces recoil, especially for single/burst fire
* Compensator now caps maximum recoil to help on full auto fire
* Stun Grenades now detonate faster after contact (1 second instead of 3)

- Weapon Balancing
* Pump-Action Shotgun gets better effective range

- Player Comfort: controller aiming deadzone fix, no penalty for destroying own gadgets, better in-game maintenance communication, EDIT YOUR OWN CUSTOM GAME PLAYLISTS THANK YOU, skippable boot sequence, in-game menus are now black

- Playlist Changes
* Seasonal ranked and ranked reward system being added
* Ranked matchmaking now matches with players closer to your skill
* 50% renown gain penalty for ranked matches for a fixed time after abandoning a ranked match

- Gameplay optimization
* Tweaks to head position/exposure while aiming and leaning
* Less extreme indoor/outdoor lighting differences
* Car windows now breakable, and you can shoot through them
* Reduced damage from friendly fire in PvE
* Rebalanced AI on consoles to compensate for lack of precision
* More items available to purchase with Renown

Phil_SS
May 9th, 2016, 12:33 PM
DEagle!

Kchrpm
May 12th, 2016, 12:05 PM
https://z-1-scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13173431_815402160909_7135491585051899930_o.jpg?ef g=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Kchrpm
May 12th, 2016, 06:10 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/TOBg-wN8cfC9PfvwiXkgmeJQjOJfRHZ3v22fbwBNgOJQJ8l8cH2G0Ye urRaN5OJWpdR1Tt6-F4tAezUo-1hjHps2j4vtM1P_ClxvRmEfagfZMElUGuv39I2IVnwwY0fZHDE emENCjePxyZg3yIsC5bOHwx8HAYXyGJ9-MABeTunwtLzB67-fZkw7kwx0kbbTIlbwERUsr5uLzPhF021zy3vSxaL7XS9f_l30U KHk35o1AGWVubNwn2EyABDkIxkZRD58n0Kdg7gh3cKs1XSMGcL qH0MXbCehtjggfTMKrsJ3T1J5AsotyebzVHSI6ZkyvSbznidPz 4mjHanH5t9ux9Xrxddx4clrfkZCJscm7JkDXKFEzHjxIb83Jsd ueq4EvH4sg7giVjI49bPkwUat3voYKt_2tONLFaMkwK3Csodgg NxUZ_Ns4KKm7bgnmSH6pKW9o5VQn9AUdNH9L-tShPRyhId0JsiGBAc52tzLWlUXI5quEV-jTUt6_G4aSrK6CjnBBXIWfgb280tLOVW542Ve5Cn1LSL-6UpMwKO5Zj4-YowdrpqT7inwf6pj5OueJrrlz0a4zmUhMuH-VH2WAJp6JlZLN2Ex=w1920-no

21Kid
May 13th, 2016, 05:16 AM
Needs more bling. I see a gold gun on the left... But where's Jack Bauer? Mr T? George W?

Kchrpm
May 13th, 2016, 05:47 AM
Current customization is quite limited. Other than the weapon skins (and I'm not bothering to spend real money on the gold one), all I can do with my character is change the color of my FBI hat (to grey or camo), or switch to a beret (which is quite expensive, in-game credit wise). I spent most of my in-game credits on a tiny little weapon charm that you can't even see in that picture.

Kchrpm
May 13th, 2016, 05:48 AM
That being said, the game still has excellent moments, in both multiplayer and terrorist hunt. You can feel like a bad-ass or a dumb-ass quite often.

GreatScawt
May 13th, 2016, 07:30 AM
I've tried both the new operators and Blackbeard's shield is kinda ridiculous. I haven't tried MP with it yet, but it takes a beating. I unloaded Glaz's rifle into it and it just put a crack or two in it, according to my friend. And the Deagle is pretty baller.

Kchrpm
May 13th, 2016, 08:11 AM
From what I've seen of others online tests, it takes a full clip from an SMG, or two full blasts from a shotgun. But it seems to only cover the upper chest and noggin, so gut shots should still work (though obviously won't be as effective).

He and Valkyrie seem like welcome additions. I don't know if I'll purchase either of them, but their qualities are unique and useful but not overpowered :up:

21Kid
May 13th, 2016, 10:24 AM
That's pretty sad how limited they've made it after how amazing the previous versions were in customizing your characters.

Kchrpm
May 13th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Oh, well, yeah, these aren't custom characters you're making, they are specific, named characters that each have their own loadout selections, background, personalities/phrases, etc.

21Kid
May 13th, 2016, 11:03 AM
:|
Do not like.

Kchrpm
May 13th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Yeah, it's...they split off R6V in two directions. R6 Siege grabbed the multiplayer level design and amount of damage taken/received, but switched to a MOBA-style of predefined characters. The Division got the cover mechanics and similar levels of customization, but in more of an MMO-package.

Wildlands is going to take yet another stab at it, but I've yet to see anything that looks like cover mechanics, so it may just be putting the customization and damage taken/received into a Far Cry-style world.

Instead of making a direct sequel to the R6V line/gameplay, they've split off its qualities into three separate entities, all trying to take advantage of recent emerging gaming trends.

21Kid
May 13th, 2016, 01:17 PM
...and diluting the brand. :sadbanana:

Kchrpm
May 13th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Technically they only have one Rainbow Six game. The Division is a whole new thing, and Wildlands is a Ghost Recon game.

They had planned on doing another game like R6V, narrative based and presumably with the same kind of multiplayer (Rainbow Six Patriots), but they pivoted and went towards a more competition game/MOBA-like experience.

All that said, Siege and Division are both games that are a lot of fun for what they are, and both seem to have made tons of money for Ubisoft, and I have no doubt that Wildlands will be very successful as well. They did the right thing.

21Kid
July 29th, 2016, 05:33 AM
Anyone still have Siege? It's free to play (http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/27/rainbow-six-siege-free-play-days/) this weekend?

Phil_SS
July 29th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Indeed I do. I hop on every once in awhile and I still find it to be enjoyable for what it provides which is a tactical shooter.

21Kid
July 29th, 2016, 07:02 AM
:up: I'll try to get on this weekend. But, can't guarantee anything as my birthday is on Sunday... Not sure if the wife has plans.

Cam
August 27th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Played Siege this week-end with Free Play Days. I got bored of it quick since I am not interested in PvP. It was more fun with friends, of course. Deleted.

Phil_SS
August 28th, 2017, 05:20 AM
Yeah, Siege is very much PvP. Hardcore PvP at that. :)

21Kid
August 28th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Agreed. Played with a few people this weekend. It was fun for the short time we had it. I could see it being fun if there were more than 2 of us in a squad.
But, there needs to be a story mode, and more game modes and maps. It seems like a well polished demo.

Kchrpm
September 11th, 2017, 11:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUauyIDut8s

21Kid
September 11th, 2017, 11:23 AM
I'll just wait here while you reload. :lol:

Nice work!!! :cool: