PDA

View Full Version : Schumacher Stories From Benetton

XHawkeye
December 29th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Wonderful insight into Michael Schumacher's early Benetton days from Willem Toet. Fascinating.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sport/formula-one/f1-michael-schumachers-former-engineer-shares-stories-from-his-early-years-at-benetton/story-e6frf3zl-1227687027409

GB
December 29th, 2015, 03:42 PM
:up:

FaultyMario
December 29th, 2015, 06:20 PM
A+ thread. Would read again.

Phil_SS
January 5th, 2016, 08:40 AM
Drivers nowadays would probably just park the car if it was stuck in fifth.

Great read. :)

G'day Mate
January 5th, 2016, 02:40 PM
:up:

I liked that engineers learnt to trust what he said as it was quicker and easier than going to the data

Crazed_Insanity
January 7th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Michael had these amazing stories back then, but they made me wonder what happened to his Mercedes years? Just plain too old I guess? Probably shouldn't have come out of retirement.

FaultyMario
January 7th, 2016, 04:07 PM
People who drove on magical Bridgestones had a hard time to adapt to gimicky Pirellis.

Crazed_Insanity
January 8th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Wish we can get Michael to answer that question on his own.

My guess is still old age. I can't believe he couldn't adapt fast enough in like 3 yrs time?

I used to think Rosberg must be super talented, but obviously Hamilton is the better one.

I'd think Schumacher at his prime should be able to do much better than Rosberg..., but guess we'll never know. Perhaps if we can put Rosberg into those Benneton/Ferraris, he could probably win 7 championships too?

Kchrpm
January 8th, 2016, 10:28 AM
We shall never know, and must rely on suppositions and bench racing.

Or wait for a Rocky Balbao-style movie to do it for us!