PDA

View Full Version : Telltale Games' Games (Walking Dead, Fables etc).

SkylineObsession
January 28th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Well, thanks i guess to Sony and Microsoft for providing The Walking Dead 1 & 2 for free on PS+ and Gold, i've now become a Telltale games fan (i have had Back to Teh Futeurz and Jurassicosaurus Park for a while, but they play differently) and i guess also thanks to Heavy Rain, i seem to be addicted to decision based story games.

Have played The Walking Dead season 1 through about three and a quarter times maybe, played Season two through at least twice, played The Wolf Among Us through two and a bit times (bloody awesome game, with one of the best sounding intros ever - see below) and have been thinking about buying their Borderlands story game (even though i haven't played Borderlands for longer than 20 mins maybe?) and of course Minecraft: Story Mode when it gets cheaper.

It's great that there is a company sticking to just making this type of game, and chugging out so many of them in what seems like such a short space of time (then again, i'm probably just mega late tot he game ;) ).

Anyone else a fan of their games?

Here's the cool 80's sounding intro to The Wolf Among Us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XReH6S6esQ

Cam
January 28th, 2016, 06:27 PM
I demoed their Borderlands game. I deleted it. I prefer to play games, not watch them. My bro likes their products, however.

Maybe if I went into it knowing I would be watching an animated movie I would enjoy it more.

SkylineObsession
January 28th, 2016, 06:30 PM
It's not for everyone. But there definitely is a bigger market for them than there used to be.

It is like watching a movie, but one where you have control over what people say, and whether (some games) they live or die, and basically how it ends. So it can't really be classed as 'watching'. ;)

Rare White Ape
January 28th, 2016, 09:40 PM
I like their games and I like what they do, they've carved out a nice niche for themselves.

But I have little patience for such tomfoolery.

I like it when I aim a gun and pull the trigger, and a bullet immediately flies out and hits my adversary in the face, bones shattering in exquisite detail, or when I punch or bring a blade down into a skull; it happens now and it's visceral and the outcome is based on my skill as a combatant, not as a negotiator.

But yeah they do make some good stuff.

TheBenior
January 29th, 2016, 04:01 AM
I played through The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2. I thought that 1 was better and more effective emotionally, but watching my mother in law dying from cancer around the same time may have had a hand in that.

21Kid
January 29th, 2016, 05:53 AM
I liked Heavy Rain and have TWD 1 & 2 thanks to them being free. I just have so many other games that I haven't tried these. And while I think my wife would like them, since she liked Heavy Rain, I don't think she'd like TWD versions.

tigeraid
January 29th, 2016, 06:40 AM
The Walking Dead was fantastic, for me, but I agree totally it's more of watching a movie with some choices, than a GAME game. Even managed to get Tara into it, for that reason, actually.

SkylineObsession
December 8th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Even though i've never watched Game Of Thrones, and probably never will, i just bought the Telltale version of it for $13NZD on PS Store. Finished the first episode already, and as per usual in their games, i want to continue on with it.