PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth disappeared from my computer

Freude am Fahren
March 3rd, 2016, 07:47 PM
I hope someone can help. My Bluetooth functionality has disappeared from my computer.

The notification in the tray is gone. Clicking open Bluetooth suite does nothing. Trying a bluetooth file transfer just fails and says turn the radio on. I tried unintalling everything that has to do with BT including the driver and reinstalling. Still nothing. Win 7. Asus motherboard. Anyone seen this. I've used it just fine in the past and now it's just gone.

thesameguy
March 3rd, 2016, 08:48 PM
Is BT built into the hardware, or an add-in like a mini PCI card or USB dongle? Does wifi still work?

overpowered
March 3rd, 2016, 09:23 PM
That happened to me a year and a half ago or so.

Go to devices and printers.
right click on your computer's icon.
click bluetooth settings.
check "show the bluetooth icon..."

Rare White Ape
March 3rd, 2016, 11:19 PM
Try going to Device Manager, uninstalling all of the the Bluetooth drivers, then restarting your pooter.

On restart, Windows will install the generic driver, so you can start again from there.

Cam
March 4th, 2016, 03:04 AM
IT'S GONE, MAN!

Freude am Fahren
March 4th, 2016, 06:18 AM
I've tried uninstalling, didn't work. I'll try OP's advice, but I think Cam is right.

Freude am Fahren
March 4th, 2016, 05:56 PM
That happened to me a year and a half ago or so.

Go to devices and printers.
right click on your computer's icon.
click bluetooth settings.
check "show the bluetooth icon..."

Tried this, and it just gives me the working mouse wheel for a second then nothing.

Alan P
March 4th, 2016, 06:10 PM
If it's part of the Motherboard is there anything in the BIOS settings?

Freude am Fahren
March 4th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Got it! There were multiple drivers I needed to delete. I think I had never had all of them gone at once. Found everything related to BT, deleted and restarted. A few drivers failed to install, but they may be features I don't have or something. But it seems to be mostly working now. There was something called an Enumerator that had a warning sign on it, that I deleted, I think that may have been it. It may have also been a driver located under USB controllers. I thought I had deleted the latter once before though.