PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation and Xbox online store specials

SkylineObsession
April 21st, 2016, 06:04 PM
After the below has been talked out, maybe this topic could be used to mention good deals etc on the stores?

Soooo, is it just me doing a 'male look', or is the Xbox store really that sparse in terms of game discounts?

Getting a little frustrated now, as the PS Store has craploads of discounted games every month/few weeks, and Xbox only usually has 'Deals with Gold' which sometimes aren't much to write home about. Not to mention that it isn't as user friendly/as well laid out as PS Store.

Case in point, i have about six Xbox One games (two physical copies, three store bought) and probably well over 20 or 30 PS4 games?
That doesn't come down to fanboyism, it's just that PS4 games get heavy discounts. Like at the mo Mad Max is down to $35 or so down from over $100 (not sure whether to buy it or not though, as it is 33.22gb), Lego The Movie The Game is $25 or so down from over $100 (both 70+% off) and there are a number of others that are 60% or so off. Bought Life Is Strange complete edition a couple of days ago (also discounted), recently bought Tales From the Borderlands (one of the funniest and most entertaining games i've ever played, even though i haven't properly played Borderlands before) and one or two others.

I'm wanting to add to the library of Xbone games, but Microsoft ain't making it easy. :(

And FYI, i can't remember the last time i payed full price for a game, blame PS Store for that. :o

Yobbo NZ
April 22nd, 2016, 12:22 AM
Well if you're a gold member,surely you'll have a large back catalogue due to the free games that offers, plus the backwards compatible 360 games each month now to.
Sunset overdrive is this month's second Xbox one offering and it's a good fun game.
It's funny,as on NZgamer,they complain about the PS plus games being pretty weak compared to the Games with gold.

Rare White Ape
April 22nd, 2016, 03:27 AM
Yeah the PS+ offerings have been pretty weak in the last 12 months. Highlights have been Rocket League and BroForce, both of which are apparently good but I've only tried BroForce for about 10 minutes and never played Rocket League. Other than that it's just shitty side-scrolling shovelware.

Kchrpm
April 22nd, 2016, 06:34 AM
Sunset Overdrive? I hope that's the same free game here, that one looked fun.

Jason
April 22nd, 2016, 02:21 PM
I just got SO on Games with Gold, also Saints Row IV is on there, a game I've always wanted to try :up:

thesameguy
April 22nd, 2016, 02:24 PM
Ditto. Looking forwards to both... at some point!

Yobbo NZ
April 22nd, 2016, 02:58 PM
The remastered Saints IV/Re-elected was recently on sale on the storefront with all the DLC,think it was only $14au.
Rather wierd and at times,confusing game.But good for a half hour muck around game.

SkylineObsession
April 24th, 2016, 02:00 PM
I've only had Gold for a few months and up until this month none of the free games have taken my fancy. Same as PS+ free games, only 'purchased' a couple of free ones this year (Bro Force, but haven't even downloaded it yet). I'm not really that into the new old platform/side scrolling rejuvenation thing.

I dunno. Just seems like Playstation has cheaper discounted games. Then again i pretty much never go into physical stores (EB Games, JB HI-FI etc) to look for games as they always seem to cost too much.
I thought about getting Saints Row for Xbone, but have played a demo of one of the newer ones, and maybe a bit of an older game and it wasn't my thing, prefer GTA with it's more realistic stance.

Do the Xbox/Playstation store deals vary depending on what region you're in? I think they do, as months ago someone here said Mad Max was real cheap, but here it was still over $100 IIRC.

Rare White Ape
April 24th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Here's a pro-tip: even if you don't like the games, just add them to your library anyway. You never know!

Yw-slayer
April 25th, 2016, 12:42 AM
Yup. Plus BroForce is awesome.

SkylineObsession
April 25th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Yeah my wife did that with her PSN account for PS3, so now we have a tonne of games for it. I probably should do that too really. :o

21Kid
April 26th, 2016, 05:35 AM
Yeah, I usually get the free games in case I might want to try them later. Unless I'm absolutely positive that I would never play it. Most I don't ever get around to, but no loss since I didn't pay for them. And maybe some day my son will want to play Dirt2 that I got last year.

Jason
May 2nd, 2016, 02:39 AM
Grid 2 is free on Xbox Games with Gold until May 15

SkylineObsession
May 8th, 2016, 11:15 PM
Grabbed Grid 2 on the One, handling is a bit floaty but it looks good and sounds good too.

21Kid
June 1st, 2016, 07:46 AM
The Crew will be free on XB1 this month. Never looked into it due to the bad reviews. Did anyone ever play it?

And Sony's offerings will be even better.
June Plus games
-NBA 2K16 (PS4)
-Gone Home: Console Edition (PS4)
-Echochrome (PS3)
-Siren: Blood Curse, Episodes 1-12 (PS3)
-God of War: Chains of Olympus (Vita)
-Little Deviants (Vita)

novicius
June 1st, 2016, 08:03 AM
Cool, will checkit. :up: :up:

pl8ster
June 1st, 2016, 09:36 AM
Shoot, wish the Crew was on PS4 as well, would like to give that a try.

thesameguy
June 2nd, 2016, 12:50 AM
The Crew will be free on XB1 this month. Never looked into it due to the bad reviews. Did anyone ever play it?

Just rewatched the trailer and some reviews. Ooof. Not even worth free I don't think.

Now Goat Simulator OTOH... probably can't pass that up.

21Kid
June 2nd, 2016, 06:56 AM
Sometimes bad games are still fun to play with friends. ;)

Rare White Ape
June 2nd, 2016, 05:21 PM
Now Goat Simulator OTOH... probably can't pass that up.

I tried that on Steam. And I thought, "Naaaaaaah. Good thing it was free."

SkylineObsession
June 2nd, 2016, 07:07 PM
Woot, glad i didn't buy The Crew now. :)

And mega woot, a proper full game for PS4, and a basketball game at that. Mind you, the last time i played a bb game was Space Jam the video game. And kinda Blitzball in Final Fantasy X.

Freude am Fahren
June 9th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Fallout 4 and all DLC was apparently free for a small amount of time tonight, but is already gone. Looks like a mistake, but apparently Microsoft is saying it's not. ??? I just missed out.

http://kotaku.com/fallout-4-accidentally-goes-free-on-xbox-store-1781661305

Phil_SS
June 16th, 2016, 05:35 PM
I DLed Sunset Overdrive and The Crew.

SO: Meh, not my thing. All it kept reminding me of is where the hell is Skate 4.

The Crew: Not sure yet but so far it is ok. The handling of course is a bit arcadey but not bad. And graphically it looks pretty good. The cutscenes have been above par. So far it's worth free.

SkylineObsession
June 16th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Yeah, i don't think Sunset is my type of game either. Was playing it but not really paying attention? Maybe i wasn't in a gaming mood, so will try again one day.

And that free Fallout 4 was a mistake, and peeps who nabbed it are getting it nabulated back from them.

Sweet, been waiting to download The Crew.

Yw-slayer
June 16th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Yeah, damnit, I bought The Crew (albeit on PC). And have never played it. :lol:

SkylineObsession
June 17th, 2016, 02:23 AM
Wow thats sucky. Can't even play the game let alone access any menus if you don't log into Uplay... Spent the last half hour or more trying to find my login details. :\

Phil_SS
June 17th, 2016, 07:33 AM
I don't have Uplay and I could play it just fine. :?

racerfink
June 18th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Don't have uplay, and I played several different times for at least an hour each time.

SkylineObsession
June 18th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Hmmm. Random. Might try on another account on my PS.

I just remember it going back to the main menu after i chose not to log in.

Cam
June 18th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Tried The Crew briefly. I found the handing to be twitchy and odd. When I loaded it up, I immediately went to the options to turn off the music. Music kept playing in the menus. Double checked that it was off. Music kept playing. :? :rolleyes:

Phil_SS
June 20th, 2016, 06:54 AM
I think there is a setting for UI Audio. Try that.

So far I am enjoying The Crew. It is like TDU but with a bit more modding. :up:

Cam
June 20th, 2016, 09:14 AM
That setting only controls the menu sound effects, not the music.

Phil_SS
June 20th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Try this. (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000021991/How-do-I-disable-in-game-music?fallback=en_US)

I'm not home to see if it will work.

SkylineObsession
June 21st, 2016, 07:22 PM
Well you definitely can't play The Crew if the internet isn't turned on. Tried that, and it came up with an error message then bought be back to the 'press start' screen.

Hate these online only games...

I played it for a bit and drive all the way from Detroit to the snowy mountains then to a grand canyony area, then saw a gap in the side of the railing by a bridge going over the canyon. So i went back, squeezed through and drove off the cliff down into the large canyon...

Then when i landed i drive around the maze for a while until i eventually looped back on myself.

Colours seem a little saturated, and the car sounds are way too quiet even with car volume all the way up.

Cam
June 22nd, 2016, 04:10 AM
Online only is the way games are going. You just have to accept it. :|

SkylineObsession
June 22nd, 2016, 04:27 AM
Consoles too though.

We used to turn our internet off each night until we got 'giga' internet speeds last year (said to be some of the fastest internet speeds in the world, right here in my city (http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/340277/dunedin-tops-broadband-speed-rankings)), now we just turn off the power to the consoles after using them since they (apparently) suck so much power on standby.

Wee bit of defiance in the 'always online' trend, but it doesn't bother us yet until they find more ways to force it down our throats.

Played the game again today and just did more USA roamin'. I can see that this is how most of my time playing the game will be. ;)

21Kid
June 22nd, 2016, 05:49 AM
Yeah, most consoles are set to download updates when they are not 'on', in order to minimize the downtime prior to playing. With gigabit download speeds, I don't see that being much of a problem.

Yw-slayer
June 22nd, 2016, 07:08 PM
Yeah, most consoles are set to download updates when they are not 'on', in order to minimize the downtime prior to playing. With gigabit download speeds, I don't see that being much of a problem.

It's an issue. I remember during the PS3 days on the rare occasion I wanted to play a game I'd have to spend half an hour downloading crap, by which time the window and enthusiasm for my playing would lapse.

Freude am Fahren
June 22nd, 2016, 07:19 PM
Not really sure where to post this, but if anyone wants some free FFXIV DLC, let me know, I got a code for pre-ordering FH3 from Amazon.

21Kid
June 28th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Meh. :|

Microsoft has announced the next titles joining its Games with Gold roster.

Two Xbox One games, The Banner Saga 2 and Tumblestone,
and two Xbox 360 games, Tom Clancy's Rainbox Six: Vegas 2 and Tron: Evolution,
will be available for free in July for Xbox Live Gold members.If R6V2 is Backwards compatible, it might be fun to play it again, for free.

SkylineObsession
June 28th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Yeah, seems like the most interesting game of the lot.

21Kid
June 29th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Sony has revealed the lineup of free games coming to PlayStation Plus subscribers in July, with Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell leading the charge on PlayStation 4.

In addition to Volition's open-world action game, PS4 owners can download Furi, the latest title from indie developer The Game Bakers. According to PlayStation Blog's official announcement, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and Prince of Persia: Revelation will be free on PS Vita throughout the month as well.

Meanwhile, those who still have their PlayStation 3 hooked up will be able to pick up Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and Fat Princess free of charge.

Kchrpm
July 4th, 2016, 03:52 AM
Playing The Crew made me nostalgic for Test Drive Unlimited's complete lack of story crap.

SkylineObsession
July 4th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Quite like The Crew. Me and my brother were cruising along the Mexican border with it's Donald Trump wall the other day. That wall isn't there in real life yet is is? Since there's no fence on the Canadian border.

It definitely looks good with the changing clouds and time of day, and scenery.

Kchrpm
July 4th, 2016, 08:53 PM
I was excited about the pseudo-America, but it felt more pseudo than America. TDU spoiled me for realism/detail/scale.

21Kid
July 5th, 2016, 09:53 AM
geez... :o

Xbox Ultimate Game Sale Begins Today, Includes 250-Plus Deals

Phil_SS
July 5th, 2016, 10:40 AM
https://majornelson.com/2016/07/03/ultimate-game-sale-05-11-july-2016/

Jason
July 6th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Not sure if I'll ever get around to playing it... but I bought Red Dead Redemption since it was $7.50

Some day I'll play my backlog of games. Some day.

dodint
July 6th, 2016, 08:50 AM
RDR is the number one selling game on Amazon right now because of the backwards compatibility enablement.

GreatScawt
July 6th, 2016, 10:14 AM
I still need to finish Undead Nightmare...

21Kid
July 6th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Sales are up 6000% :lol: I never did beat it... But, I still have a dozen unplayed games waiting. :(

Kchrpm
July 6th, 2016, 11:17 AM
I never beat it, either. I went out and bought a new copy (with the DLC) after selling it many moons ago, don't think it ever came out of the packaging.

SkylineObsession
July 6th, 2016, 07:12 PM
FINISH IT!!! It's worth it. :)

And yeah, i've got heaps of games that i either haven't downloaded yet, haven't played yet, or have only partially played. I think that's why everytime i turn on the consoles lately i almost immediately sink into a hole and end up watching YouTube instead. Too many to play. Need to concentrate on just one game, finish it, then move on.

And then there's the backlog of PS3 games...

Rare White Ape
July 6th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Not sure if I'll ever get around to playing it... but I bought Red Dead Redemption since it was $7.50

Some day I'll play my backlog of games. Some day.

Seriously, RDR is one of THE games you need to immerse yourself in. I rate it as easily the best game of the previous console generation.

21Kid
July 8th, 2016, 07:55 AM
This makes RDR even more tempting.

Lots of Red Dead Redemption DLC Now Free as Game Launches on Xbox One (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/lots-of-red-dead-redemption-dlc-now-free-as-game-l/1100-6441620/)

The game itself is on sale (it's marked down to $7.50 for Xbox Live Gold members), and now it's been revealed that some of its DLC packs are completely free.

As spotted by Slickdeals, the Liars and Cheats and Legends and Killers multiplayer packs are free. Liars and Cheats adds things like an Explosive Rifle and horse races, while Legends and Killers introduces nine new maps and the tomahawk weapon. Additionally, it adds a number of characters from Red Dead Revolver, including Red Harlow and Annie Stoakes.

Another multiplayer pack, Myths and Mavericks, is also free; this expansion adds nine new maps, as well as more characters from the single-player campaign.

On the single-player side, DLC such as the Hunting and Trading Pack, as well as the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack is also free.

You can visit the Red Dead Redemption Xbox Store page to see all of the available content.

Kchrpm
July 8th, 2016, 08:46 AM
I tried getting it and it all errored out.

GreatScawt
July 9th, 2016, 06:52 AM
I was getting that too. Tried last night @ 2am on my X1 itself and it finally went through. :up:

Cam
July 14th, 2016, 12:20 PM
I played the trial for ARK: Survival Evolved. Looks like Jurrasic Park meets Minecraft. I didn't have the patience to get into it. Deleted.

Rare White Ape
July 15th, 2016, 03:51 PM
I love your game reviews Cam.

Cam
July 16th, 2016, 06:56 AM
I should make a game review YouTube channel, AMIRITE?

Cam
July 18th, 2016, 09:37 AM
More free games.
The Banner Saga 2: This game is different, I'll give it that. Nice art direction, but the front-end looks dated. Never played the first one, so I was completely lost about what was happening in the story, as it's a direct continuation. I kind of got into it, despite watching the game more than playing the game. The only time I was in control of the game was during the Final Fantasy Tactics style fights. My party is constantly out of supplies. Auto-save does not save enough. I had to step out for a bit, came back to discover it didn't save my progress after a major conversation and two major fights. Rage-deleted.
Tumblesomethingorother: Match 3 blocks puzzle game with a dumb story mode. Sounds are annoying. Deleted.
Tron game for the 360: Looks cool. Twitchy controls. I'm kind of interested, but I can't get over the twitchy controls and sometimes useless camera. (I'm supposed to jump to a spot that I can't actually move the camera to see where I'm jumping.) Deleted.

SkylineObsession
July 18th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Maybe you should do reviews. ;) Add a bit more spice to the words you use, and it'll be away like a rocket.:p

21Kid
July 26th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Next month’s Games with Gold have been revealed.

Here's the list, and when you'll be able to grab your free download:

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - August 1-31, Xbox One
WWE 2K16 - August 16-September 15, Xbox One
Spelunky - August 1-15, Xbox 360
Beyond Good and Evil HD - August 16-31, Xbox 360

Kchrpm
July 26th, 2016, 12:42 PM
WWE 2K16 - August 16-September 15, Xbox One
I'm going to make Gina Carano and turn her into the first female Wrestlemania winner.

21Kid
July 26th, 2016, 12:55 PM
I enjoyed the demo. I'll get it. :D

Kchrpm
July 26th, 2016, 01:04 PM
YOU AND ME BROTHER! THROWDOWN!

21Kid
July 26th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Are we finally going to play together?!?

:( Sorry

Rare White Ape
July 26th, 2016, 03:02 PM
BG&E HD?

Lucky you, Xbox players!

SkylineObsession
July 27th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Oooohhhhh, wrastlin'!

21Kid
July 28th, 2016, 05:24 AM
I never played Beyond Good & Evil... but it was always one of the games I wanted to try.

dodint
July 28th, 2016, 06:28 AM
I was fortunate to get an NHL17 Beta code. I have my fingers crossed that they will finally release a playable PS4 NHL game.

Phil_SS
July 28th, 2016, 06:40 AM
:lol:

All EA cares about is the Ultimate Team section of their games that make them extra money by milking people to buy new packs of cards. NHL And FIFA have taken a precipitous nosedive in authentic play since the inception of those modes. And the Offline Career modes have been stagnant for years with no development.

It's sad. But with no competition for Hockey and Pro Evo sucking hard and losing licences every year they have no competition to push them to make anything better.

21Kid
July 28th, 2016, 06:53 AM
The sad part is that if people didn't pay for them, they'd stop including them. :smh: Those card games like Ultimate Team are usually FTP games on mobile phones.

21Kid
August 24th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Earthlock: Festival of Magic — September 1-30, Xbox One
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China — September 16- October 15, Xbox One
Forza Horizon — September 1-15, Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Mirror’s Edge — September 16-30, Xbox 360 and Xbox On
Never even heard of that AC game. :erm: Geez, it seems like the yearly releases weren't enough for the series. I haven't heard of any of these... Oh wait, I have heard of syndicate. Briefly. Apparently it got really good reviews.

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia
Assassin's Creed Chronicles
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
Assassin's Creed Unity

These are all since 2015, btw... and there are even more for IOS. :o

Freude am Fahren
August 24th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Yeha, around the time the 4th one was about the be released, I picked up the first three cheap online, thinking I'll blast through them and get up to date in what looks like a fun franchise. Next thing I know I'm barely through the first one and there are like 6 sequels out.

21Kid
August 25th, 2016, 05:40 AM
I got Black Flag for free and still haven't played it yet. I will probably get this Chronicles one for free... because why not.

Phil_SS
August 25th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Mirror's Edge is worth a download and a play through. I highly enjoyed it when it was first released.

21Kid
August 25th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Agreed :up:

Rare White Ape
August 25th, 2016, 06:58 PM
The PSN store has a big retro sale on at the moment.

The Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection is available for cheap, and it comes highly recommended. It consists of HD remasters of MGS2 and 3, as well as Peace Walker from the PS Vita. Included with MGS 3 is Metal Gear 1 and 2 from the MSX. All up the bundle includes every MGS game except for the original MGS, MGS Special Missions, MGS 4 and MGS V.

The disc version of the Legacy Collection, however, includes MGS 4 and has a download token for the PSOne games.

I say you all need to buy it just for MGS 3, which never got a wide release.

Also cheap are the PSP ports of Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories for PS2. I paid like $8 for the two of them, which is a good thing because they totally don't stand up as good games in 2016. It's an unrefined controls blur-a-thon. But hey, they're fun if you want to see a wee bit more of the two cities than what we got in the orginal GTA III and GTA Vice City.

Kchrpm
August 30th, 2016, 10:47 AM
XBox Deals with Gold this month: https://www.reddit.com/r/GreatXboxDeals/comments/5089c4/deals_with_gold_830_95_via_xbox_store/?st=isgqaxxf&sh=083ea782

Forza 6 is on there for $30, in case the free weekend drew you in. I'm tempted by Battlefront.

21Kid
August 31st, 2016, 08:42 AM
Storm Island is only $5? Hmmm...

21Kid
September 16th, 2016, 09:57 AM
(free)Mirror's Edge. :cool: Do it!

21Kid
September 28th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Resident Evil HD, a remastered version of the 2002 Resident Evil GameCube remake, headlines the month for PlayStation 4 subscribers, along with Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation. IGN gave the latest update to Resident Evil an 8.0 when it released last year, saying that despite the game showing its age, "the scares, puzzles, and atmosphere of the creepy corridors of Spencer Mansion are as potent as ever."

IGN also gave Devastation a 7.7, noting that the latest take on the robots in disguise didn't rest solely on nostalgia as it delivered "a fun and energetic action game."My son has Devastation, and it's a pretty fun game.

SkylineObsession
November 16th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Forza 5 is down to $20NZD (prolly two dollars in American $$) for the game of the year (or something) edition (comes with Top Gear car pack). Bought it yesterday and the Forza Rewards backlog for the game has me up to $8m credits already after only doing the five intro races. :D

Rare White Ape
November 17th, 2016, 11:25 AM
I was emailed a code for 43% off Titanfall 2 in the PlayStation Store. Check your inboxes to see if you got one as well.

novicius
November 17th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Oh man, I'd love to score a coupon like that! :up:

(I still need to buy Tf2. :cool: )

Fiat500
November 19th, 2016, 10:10 AM
There's actually a sale on the Xbox marketplace right now, with discounts on games like Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1. There's even a bundle with the deluxe editions of both games.

I'm considering getting it, since the kid loves Titanfall, but I don't know how much I'd be playing.

Rare White Ape
November 19th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Target in Australia will be selling new release games like Titanfall 2 for $37 come Friday. I'm glad I didn't go for the coupon deal I posted about earlier.

For reference, AAA games sell for AU$99.99 at release, although good shops generally have them for $78. That's like paying US$20 for a new game less than a month after it came out.

Check these bargains!

http://press-start.com.au/bargains/2016/11/19/target-selling-new-releases-games-ridiculously-cheap/

Rare White Ape
November 24th, 2016, 11:02 PM
Thank you Americunts for having Black Friday deals. This is the second year where it has spread to Australia, and this year is the first time where the growning thing has become a proper thing. I got Titanfall 2 and Deus Ex at Target for $36/$35 respectively, and whilst I say Fuck Konami in a royal fashion, I had to buy the MGSV Definitive Experience (complete with horse armour DLC) from the PlayStation Store for $26, which is a great price.

I have found Titanfall to be heaps of fun so far. It's fast and light and brutal and agile and reminds me of Halo. But Deus Ex is bloody slow in pace and framerate, only running at 30FPS and a little too deep for my brain at this immediate point in my gaming life, so I wish I hadn't bought it and got some Lego instead. I'll play MGSV in a few months, when I clear some backlog. Like Doom, which I bought a fortnight ago, and Halo 4 & 5, and Forza 6. Pile of shame.

The pick of today's gaming haul however has to be Majora's Mask 3D, which I got for $49, a whopping $10 off for a 16 year old title, nearly two years after it came out on the 3DS. Thanks Nintendo. You may keep your prices high, but your games are still the best :up:

Jason
November 25th, 2016, 03:58 AM
Forza Horizon 3 is available in various places for $40 USD

animalica
November 25th, 2016, 07:14 AM
Forza Motorsport 6 "Basic", 25 USD or 35 Euro in Germany...
Guess where I will be buying next week...

SkylineObsession
November 25th, 2016, 01:11 PM
I looked at the cheapish MGS game but even though i thought i might eventually play the David Hayter/Solid Snakeless MGS games, after hearing an extended vid the other week of 'that guy from 24' playing Snake, i can confidently say i will never be touching the last two games. :( For me it just totally rips me out of the experience.

Kinda like jumping into a Lamborghini Countach in real life, starting it up - then realising it has a V8 under the bonnet and you're sitting in a replica. Kills the mood. Makes you less likely to want to continue.
Thats as best i can describe the feeling.

MGS is dead to me. Long live Kojima!

So annoying, as i have every other MGS game from the original. :(

21Kid
November 25th, 2016, 01:23 PM
I don't mind having "that 24 guy" voice Snake. It is a bit different. But, things change... MGS 5 is still amazing.
Just like having so many different Batman's, or James Bond's, etc...

Rare White Ape
November 26th, 2016, 01:57 PM
It's funny.

Konami shot themselves in the foot by ousting Hayter, and there's probably no way on earth that they'd foot the bill again for 24 Guy, so we end up with fucking trash like Metal Gear Survive where they create an alternate universe in which they can get away with having no Snake character.

The only new AAA releases from them this year are that and PES 2017. Castlevania turned 30 this year, and I bet you didn't even know, because Konami doesn't care anymore.

SkylineObsession
November 26th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Yep. They had their money maker and then messed around with it and lost it. I think i read somewhere they are concentrating more on the mobile market or something, so good luck to them but i won't miss them.

Rare White Ape
November 27th, 2016, 02:38 AM
Yeah it's mostly freemium mobile games and pachinko machine hell.

Just.... fucking look at this shit :angry:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/17/12208340/metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater-pachinko-remaster

That's MGS3 remastered in the Fox engine, but... not on home console. What a tragic waste.

And go read-up on Konami's alleged workplace practices; it is a terrible company to work for. It's obvious that they do not give a single fuck about anything other than money anymore.

TheBenior
November 27th, 2016, 01:38 PM
I downloaded the two paid Witcher 3 expansions for $19.48 this during the sales this weekend. This was not only less than the regular price of $29.99, but less than the expansion pass price of $24.99.

Rare White Ape
December 26th, 2016, 08:30 PM
There's a big sale on until late January on PSN.

I scored Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD Classics for $10 which is a bargain. I've just had to reconnect my PS3 to one of the 'good' HDMI inputs in my poor abused over-stuffed amplifier.

And for PS4 I bought Gravity Rush Remastered based on the strength of the demo for Gravity Rush 2, which is cool as hell and looks amazing. It was $13.45. It features a cosmic space kitty. Cute.

Finally, the first three expansions for SWBF are $11 each so I got the Death Star one and might expand my library to include the Bespin and Outer Rim packs in the next few weeks. I'll have to dust off the disc for that one.

I'm sure there will be a similar sale on the Xbox store right now, but to check that out I'll have to unplug my PS3 to make room for the XBone (ouch), and I don't want to miss out on all the AWESOME VALUE I've got going on.

dodint
December 27th, 2016, 04:39 AM
Xbox doesn't have an online store you can browse like PSN? I usually shop in browser and just have the network start downloading the game for me remotely.

21Kid
December 27th, 2016, 05:03 AM
It does. I download stuff from work so it's ready when I get home, on occasion.

Rare White Ape
December 27th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Three issues there:
1. The Xbox iPhone app has the most rudimentary store feature I've ever seen, and it's terrible to navigate.
2. On the web the Xbox store only gives me the GB pages so I can't see AU pricing, and it's also terrible to navigate (on phone anyway, the Win 10 app is better).
3. If I was to plug my console in and browse the store on that, then I'd be dealing with an issue shared with the non-store parts of the XBone; it's fucking terrible to navigate. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that before somewhere…

And yes I've given it a chance. I've owned the console for three months now and I still have an annoying time getting the info I want. There's no easy way to list all of the add-ons for Forza Horizon 3, for instance. It's like a maze of disorganised information, which changes depending on where you look.

So fuck it. I'm not buying anything on the Xbox store if it's available on PS4, and unless it's essential, just out of sheer principle.

SkylineObsession
December 27th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Yeah, i hate the Xbox store layout as well - on PS Store it's so easy, as everything is listed on a sidebar, including a section for specials/deals which is either hard to find or non existent on Xbox. There will be people here who can navigate the Xbox store with ease probably, but in terms of initial user friendliness, it ain't there.

Cam
December 27th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Yes, the game store on the Xbone is awkward. You can't even sort the games list. You only get "new" or "featured." :|

dodint
December 30th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Sounds like Netflix.

Rare White Ape
January 2nd, 2017, 04:11 AM
And for PS4 I bought Gravity Rush Remastered based on the strength of the demo for Gravity Rush 2, which is cool as hell and looks amazing. It was $13.45. It features a cosmic space kitty. Cute.

So I've now finished the storyline for Gravity Rush, and played the demo for Gravity Rush 2, and watched the 20-minute anime (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFeXtu-3u78) that bridges the story between the two games, and now I can say that I'm seriously pumped for Gravity Rush 2. I've had a lot of fun playing so far.

Rare White Ape
June 19th, 2017, 02:52 AM
Oh the dilemma of looking at awesome cheap indie titles in the Playstation Days of Play sale, games like Furi and Hyper Light Drifter for $11 each.

I just want everything to be available on Switch so that I can play them on the toilet.

SW Battlefront Ultimate edition is also on sale... for $11. This would be great if anyone was still playing.

SkylineObsession
June 19th, 2017, 09:04 PM
The Bunker is at an acceptable price now, for the length of the game (3 hours?). After a couple playthroughs i got an easy platinum, after going back for the missable trophies.

Good playing a live action game again, been a long time since i've played another i think. Late Shift looks interesting too, but not on special.

Though about buying Battlefront, but keep getting told it has no single player content, and i suck at online shooters. I always camp out.

Rare White Ape
June 20th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Turns out Furi was given away free at launch last year for PS Plus subscribers, so I already own it. The music is great, like, really great, but fuck it's hard. I'll beat that first boss eventually.

Hyper Light Drifter is also obnoxiously great in terms of art style, but the 20 minutes I've been able to give it haven't been enough for me to get into it yet.

21Kid
September 27th, 2017, 11:21 AM
October 2017's list of free PlayStation Plus games has been revealed, with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain headlining the list.

WHAT!?!!? :eek: I can't believe they are giving MGSV away for free!!!

I would highly recommend this game to anyone as a paid game. After you get through the boring intro (admittedly it sat on my shelf for a few months due to this) it turns into an amazing game. It's my favorite MGS game, and one of my top 5 all time. It's one of the very few games that I might pick up to play through again entirely.

dodint
September 27th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Neat. Which platform?

Rare White Ape
September 27th, 2017, 01:59 PM
I paid a whole $17 for MGSV Definitive and never played it, now they’re giving away The Phantom Pain for free?

Damn!

21Kid
September 27th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Which platform is the Playstation Plus game on?

dodint
September 27th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Yes. They have differnet free titles for PS4, PS3, and Vita.

21Kid
September 27th, 2017, 02:52 PM
I think MGS5 was only ever on the PS4. I could be wrong. But, that's what system it said it was for.

dodint
September 27th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Ah, cool.

SkylineObsession
September 27th, 2017, 05:56 PM
I'm still pissed they replaced David Hayter with Kiefer Sutherland, as David IS Snake. Will add it to my library, but may take a while to actually play the game, which is annoying as MGS was one of my favourite game series ever before this BS. Have heard a clip of the game with Kiefer, and it just sounds wrong. :(

Rare White Ape
September 27th, 2017, 06:56 PM
I think MGS5 was only ever on the PS4. I could be wrong. But, that's what system it said it was for.

This was a late-then-current-gen title that made its way to the early-then-next-gen systems.

21Kid
September 28th, 2017, 10:30 AM
It does sound weird at first. He would be fine... if we weren't all used to David.

novicius
September 28th, 2017, 10:55 AM
I'm still pissed they replaced David Hayter with Kiefer Sutherland, as David IS Snake. Will add it to my library, but may take a while to actually play the game, which is annoying as MGS was one of my favourite game series ever before this BS. Have heard a clip of the game with Kiefer, and it just sounds wrong. :(
WHAAAAT?? No mo' Hayter?? :mad:

Well I didn't buy it before but I'm sure as shit not buying it now! :lol:

21Kid
September 28th, 2017, 11:57 AM
It took me a while to get over it... But, even without him it is SOOOOoooo worth it.

SkylineObsession
March 21st, 2018, 07:20 PM
Bought the complete edition of Farming Simulator 15 on Xbox the other day for NZ $16. Been waiting for 17 to go on a decent special, but with a whole game and all its content at a price like that i picked up 15 instead.

Initial impressions are that i'll need a lot of time to dedicate to it - it ain't fast paced by any means. ;)

Rare White Ape
March 22nd, 2018, 01:37 PM
PlayStation has a big Easter sale on. I picked up F1 2017 for $25. I already had the demo, and it simply unlocked all the content so I was playing straight away. I spent hours doing a tour of the circuits in time trial mode, trying out all the retro cars in the game. Fun!

But Humble also has a sale, and if you go there you’ll find F1 2015 for free! Dirt Rally is ten bucks. If you don’t buy it at that price you’ve got rocks in your head.

I’m guessing Xbox has a sale too, but nobody plays xbox these days so… meh.

Tom Servo
March 22nd, 2018, 01:43 PM
I do :(

SkylineObsession
March 22nd, 2018, 08:20 PM
Same, ish.

SkylineObsession
July 29th, 2019, 05:21 PM
Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (with Frozen Wilds DLC) on the PS Store for $27NZ. Considering buying it.

Rare White Ape
July 29th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Do it! It’s great.

SkylineObsession
July 29th, 2019, 06:35 PM
Yeah that's what my brother said too.

I hate paying more than $20NZ for games these days (i'm a serious scrooge), so have to try justify each purchase over that price. :P

Rare White Ape
July 30th, 2019, 03:02 AM
Heheh!

Well, think of it as $20 for the game, and $7 for the expansion!

SkylineObsession
July 30th, 2019, 04:32 PM
Sold.

Yobbo NZ
July 30th, 2019, 07:24 PM
Ah, but will you play it?

SkylineObsession
July 30th, 2019, 10:26 PM
Hell no. I'll just tell people i have it, that should be enough. ;)

But, eventually. My backlog of games has gotten even bigger lately, since i bought Far Cry New Dawn and Fallout 76 this week. Plus got shittykiefersutherland MGS5, Lego Jurrassic Park, Final Fantasy 15, Infamous Second Son, Uncharted whateveritscalledwiththetwogirls, the second of the new Tomb Raider games, Assassins Creed Odyssey plus a billion others.

:/

SkylineObsession
August 7th, 2019, 09:45 PM
Didn't end up buying Horizon Zero Dawn, as i watched a few gameplay vids and not convinced it's a game i'd enjoy playing. :/ Maybe if it comes up for a cheaper price i'll reconsider.

Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4 bundle on Xbox store, normally $164NZD or so, now down to $74NZD. Saving of $90.
I spy a little purchase in the coming days...

Also thinking of buying the Mud Runner collection, which is down to $23NZD. Comes with all DLC, even though PS4 has an extra one.

Tom Servo
August 7th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Didn't end up buying Horizon Zero Dawn, as i watched a few gameplay vids and not convinced it's a game i'd enjoy playing. :/

Nice attitude.

Yobbo NZ
August 7th, 2019, 10:11 PM
Mudrunner, think of it as a before bedtime, make one sleepy simulator.
Kinda interesting at first, but by the time you've spent 30 mins getting to where you think you need to go, then realise that's the destination after you've got your payload, you want to fall asleep transversing the map back to where you need to go.

Rare White Ape
August 8th, 2019, 01:17 AM
Like Kerbal Space Program but in trucks and all muddy.

SkylineObsession
August 8th, 2019, 07:36 PM
Nice attitude.

I'm just not big on hack n slash games, where an enemy takes a long time to defeat (in this case a large dinosaur sized robot thing). Like i said, i'll be more likely to get it when it's cheaper so that i don't feel like i've wasted my money if i don't like playing it.

Tom Servo
August 9th, 2019, 12:32 PM
I'm just not big on hack n slash games, where an enemy takes a long time to defeat (in this case a large dinosaur sized robot thing). Like i said, i'll be more likely to get it when it's cheaper so that i don't feel like i've wasted my money if i don't like playing it.

I should remember that when I'm saying something stupid on purpose because it makes me laugh, that doesn't always carry over on the internet. Sorry about that!

Jason
August 11th, 2019, 04:00 AM
If HZD is hack and slash, I definitely played it wrong :lol:

Rare White Ape
August 11th, 2019, 05:23 AM
Yeah it's more like open-world action RPG, if MGS5 and BotW had sex and made a baby.

SkylineObsession
August 12th, 2019, 11:36 PM
Maybe it was just the way the streamer was playing then.

I still want to play it, but just for a cheaper price. ;)

Rare White Ape
August 13th, 2019, 02:53 AM
I don’t think it’ll ever go below $20. Sony’s pattern of first-party discounts only goes down to that range.

If it was a Nintendo game it would still be $80. Either buy it now or regret not trying it before the PS5 is released and takes all your attention away from this generation.

SkylineObsession
August 13th, 2019, 06:14 PM
Oh nah, i'll still be PS4ing when PS5 comes out as i did that with PS4's release. Even though i still didn't finish the PS3 games i was playing, it is still plugged in and i fire it up every now and then. And still have an old CRT TV to play my PS2 on. :)

balki
August 15th, 2019, 06:50 PM
Forza Motorsport 6 is free with Xbox Live Games with Gold

Forza Motorsport 6 Complete Add-Ons Collection (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-motorsport-6-complete-add-ons-collection/bs5crfz22rmt)$5 for the next three days
"includes every upgrade for the game; the car pass and all the car packs, VIP membership, plus two full expansions"

SkylineObsession
August 15th, 2019, 07:40 PM
Bugger, my copy came with my console (i have the blue Forza Xbone).

Rare White Ape
December 6th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Microsoft has just dumped a new load of games into Game Pass.

Highlights for me include My Friend Pedro, Farming Simulator ‘17 and Master Chief Collection for PC.

I’m still stunned at how good value this Game Pass thing is.

Rare White Ape
May 14th, 2020, 11:57 PM
There's an epic sale on the Epic Games Store for PC.

GTAV is free this week, so grab it if you haven't already. If you're not on PC just start an account and add it, just in case you want to play it on a PC sometime in the future (Epic has free games all the time, so do it anyway).

Plus sizeable discounts with additional coupons; I just bought Control for $30. Bargain.

SkylineObsession
May 15th, 2020, 09:49 PM
I see on both Xbox and PS4 that NBA 2k20 is $5.00 (five dollars) NZD. 95% or so off.

Tempting, but as i have NBA 2k18 or something already and don't play it because there's too many button controls to remember, ..... yeah.