PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: Timelines (Android/IOS)

MR2 Fan
July 11th, 2016, 12:30 PM
One of those games you play and wonder why you keep playing but you do anyway.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/56db06fc9f7266f8a1014e34/571699302fe1310e4bb79f45/5716995307eaa052fd54b057/1461100231502/stt-screen-graphics.jpg?format=500w

Relatively complicated smartphone game with a multiple times at once factor, so you can create missions based on any star trek character, IF you can actually obtain them...that's one of the frustrating parts, accumulating the credits or whatever, then getting random crap constantly. There are apparently lots of characters from every series (new films excluded)...I'm waiting for mirror universe Empress Hoshi Sato personally :p

You then can level up your characters, compete in space battles, though it's only pushing a button when it lights up after you choose who will be in your space battle.

There are shuttle missions where you send a few crew-members away to do stuff that takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 6 HOURS to finish....then there's a bit of a story-mode aspect to some missions, but it's mostly just putting in away-team members suited to the tasks and plopping them in place...no interaction beyond that.

You can buy dilithium crystals if you're impatient and want to go through the game faster.

It's too complex for a phone based game but I keep playing it anyway.

I started out with a Constellation Class starship (like Picard's Stargazer) and you can get other ships apparently but I have no idea yet how to do that.