PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Ford Bronco

21Kid
October 4th, 2016, 10:03 AM
:D

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/381/068/9/S3810689/slug/l/2020-ford-bronco-render006-1.jpg

Confirmation comes from Bill Johnson, chairman of UAW local 900, speaking to the Detroit Free Press last week. "We hate to see the products go to Mexico, but with the Ranger and the Bronco coming to Michigan Assembly that absolutely secures the future for our people a lot more than the Focus does."

thesameguy
October 4th, 2016, 10:19 AM
SPROING!

FaultyMario
October 4th, 2016, 10:44 AM
A suicide half door would not have been a bad idea.

We north americans* are pretty obese people.

USA = 68.8% for overweight, 35.7% for obese,
Mexico 7/10 overweight. World leaders in obesity.

Cam
October 4th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Rad.

Sad, little man
October 4th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Yes, the Ranger and Bronco coming back to the US has been about the worst kept secret in automotive history. But, can I just say that I really wish you wouldn't title it "2018 Ford Bronco" along with a photo of a wet dream from a fan forum. This is not anything that Ford ever officially had any hand in designing, and the front fascia and push bar look very plasticy.

21Kid
October 4th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Do you have a picture that we can post? :D

Sad, little man
October 4th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Nope, don't know what it looks like.

However, here is a little tidbit of information... I was at a thing back in 2014 where either Mark Fields or Joe Hinrichs was speaking. I think it was Hinrichs (president of North America.) Someone asked about the Bronco coming back. Essentially what he said was that Ford sees how much success Jeep is having with their vehicles, and they want a piece of that market as well. But he pretty much said that if they do bring back the Bronco, they're going to be careful not to just slap the name on any old vehicle. They recognize the weight the name carries, and they're not going to mess that up. So, I think that whatever they're cooking up, you can bet that it will be something really worthy of the Bronco name.

But anyway, that concept, while not bad, looks a little cartoonish, or at least mid-2000s concept car-ish, so I don't want people to think that that's the official thing.

21Kid
October 4th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Is this one better?
https://carsintrend.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/2018-Ford-Bronco-concept-336x280.jpg

thesameguy
October 4th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Or this?

http://madogre.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/trollertr4.jpg

dodint
October 4th, 2016, 02:34 PM
As long as they don't make it a 4 door they can't really lose.

(Fuck you again, Dodge)

thesameguy
October 4th, 2016, 02:41 PM
I honestly can't see them making a two door. It would be the only two compact SUV on the market, right as the four door Wrangler sets sales records. Maybe do half doors like the FJC, but no way it'll be strictly a two door.

dodint
October 4th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Fuck em, then.

novicius
October 5th, 2016, 02:37 AM
Yes, the Ranger and Bronco coming back to the US has been about the worst kept secret in automotive history. But, can I just say that I really wish you wouldn't title it "2018 Ford Bronco" along with a photo of a wet dream from a fan forum. This is not anything that Ford ever officially had any hand in designing, and the front fascia and push bar look very plasticy.
Yep agreed -- every time I see that render on my FB feed, I shake my head. :smh:

21Kid
October 5th, 2016, 05:28 AM
It is ironic as Toyota just ended the FJ cruiser.

Sad, little man
October 5th, 2016, 06:19 AM
Didn't the FJ have a reputation for the unibody folding like a wet noodle if you actually took it off road?

It always seemed like all appearance and no capability to me.

speedpimp
October 5th, 2016, 10:36 AM
There are a few videos out there of Raptors getting all sorts of twisted when they were driven hard off-road.

thesameguy
October 5th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Neither the FJ nor the Raptor are fragile. The FJ is pretty capable but lacks some of the shielding something more intense like a Wrangler has. I have never read about any real shortcomings that show up outside of real abuse. It tends to hold its own - with the major complaint being the styling leads to some major blind spots. Same seems to be true about the Raptor - the bent ones are the ones that people took jumping. They only suffer when real abuse is laid on them.

speedpimp
October 5th, 2016, 03:20 PM
The jumping videos are the ones I'm referring to.

Kchrpm
October 5th, 2016, 03:34 PM
It's good to clarify between hard off-road stuff and taking massive jumps. People that were expecting their street vehicle to survive those jumps unscathed were being really optimistic.

FaultyMario
October 5th, 2016, 05:49 PM
AFAIK, FJs suffered from a weak angle of attack that prevented some Coolio rock crawling and also the damage that TSG referred to.

And yeah, keith is right about people expecting abuse going unpaid.

lostnight
October 25th, 2016, 07:39 PM
I like the first pic the most even though it is a fan creation. It looks the most bad ass to me. A Ranger similar to that would look pretty tough too.

Sad, little man
October 26th, 2016, 12:48 PM
The Ranger we get here will almost certainly be the same one they've been teasing us with and selling in other markets for several years.

http://2017fordranger.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/2016-Ford-Ranger-Wildtrak-front.jpg

It's supposedly pretty capable off-road. I predict that people in this country will snatch them up like crazy because they've been going so insane over the loss of the old Ranger, and then they'll be mildly disappointed when they realize that it is not the same simple, utilitarian vehicle that had no advanced tech and a throttle cable.

thesameguy
October 26th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Replace "people" with "magazines" and you nailed it.

TheBenior
October 26th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Oh, people will bitch.

They'll just be the kinds of people who don't buy new vehicles anyway.