PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

novicius
November 2nd, 2016, 06:26 AM
So... thoughts?

Commercials look cool. :cool:

21Kid
November 2nd, 2016, 09:15 AM
It's heading further down a PTW scenario... they introduced a similar function 1/2-way through BLOBS3 and I stopped playing it.

Gamers accusing Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare of pay-to-win (http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/10/31/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-pay-to-win-infinity-ward-responds/)

It boils down to this. The best weapons with low stat penalties come from supply drops. Rare drops, specifically. They’re hard to get, but they can be purchased with salvage. Salvage is the in-game currency that’s earned through play. It takes a really long time to get enough to salvage to score quality weapons from rare supply drops.

This scarcity of currency, as discussed in the video from YouTuber Drift0r, pushes players to spend real money for salvage. That real money will translate into genuinely better weapons, thus creating the pay-to-win dynamic.

novicius
November 2nd, 2016, 10:37 AM
Ah, good to know. :up: :up:

Phil_SS
November 4th, 2016, 06:30 AM
I haven't played a COD in years, I stopped buying them and was only renting them through Gamefly because my friends would play the game for a few months and then it would be dead. I haven't had Gamefly for a few years and even my friends have stopped buying them.

Just not interested. And I'm totally against Pay to Win so that sours me on the game even more.

21Kid
November 4th, 2016, 07:13 AM
A bunch of the old COD4 guys (Jim, Nick, Chris, BJ, etc...) got BLOPS3 for the PS4. That's the only reason I got the last one.

Rare White Ape
November 4th, 2016, 07:37 AM
Yeah I'm very not interested. The series has been dead to me since the original MW era.

Literally, there are only three, maybe four good CoD games: CoD, CoD2, CoD4:MW, and maybe MW2, with it's genuinely remarkable mission No Russian. I'm always in awe of the series' ability to keep selling new titles to CoDophiles despite widespread opinion that each game is just a yearly rehash in order to make more money.

This new alleged pay to win bullshit is just more dirt on the coffin to me, alongside the total bare-faced ripoff that is the Modern Warfare Remastered scenario. Yay, PS4 players can play it a month early by pre-ordering!

Fuck off.

I'll buy it for 1/3 the price when it inevitably goes on sale outside the exclusive Infinite Warfare gold-premium-deluxe-super-duper-wankfest edition.

novicius
November 4th, 2016, 07:44 AM
I will say that I have played more than my fair share of GTA V without buying any Gameshark cards. I play Destiny without buying Eververse Silver just fine. So I can easily see myself rolling through any CoD game without spending coin on Loot Boxes, too.

But since I skipped Titanfall 2, I will most likely skip CoD:IW. Just wondering if anyone here was thinking about saddling up... :cool:

Kchrpm
November 4th, 2016, 07:46 AM
So we're all in agreement, ignore this and save time/money for Wildlands :D

21Kid
November 4th, 2016, 09:08 AM
What we need to do is set up a formal night to get together. :D Like with Halo2. Otherwise it's too infrequent that we'd actually get together. Doesn't really matter what game. :finger:

Isn't Wildlands limited to 4-player teams though? That part kind of sucks. BF limits squads to 4, actually I think they upped it to 6. But, you have teams of 4-6 squads too. So, you may be in a different unit, but still in the same game, on the same team.

21Kid
November 8th, 2016, 11:07 AM
A leap into futuristic space combat hasn’t breathed a lot of new life into Call of Duty. With a scenic but poorly paced single-player campaign and multiplayer and zombies modes that succeed mostly by sticking close to what Black Ops 3 did last year, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is a generally fun but inessential shooter.ick.
Unfortunately, unlike in its wall-running competitor Titanfall 2, the areas where you can wall-run in Infinite Warfare are very strictly defined, in that not every flat surface can be wall-run upon and it's not always clear about whether you can or not.

novicius
November 8th, 2016, 11:13 AM
:down:

21Kid
November 8th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Copy/Paste

Rare White Ape
November 8th, 2016, 11:40 AM
By all reports I've seen, Titanfall 2 is a bloody good game and Infinite Warfare is mediocre, so it's a shame that TF2 is being completely overshadowed by IW.

balki
November 8th, 2016, 03:30 PM
Literally, there are only three, maybe four good CoD games: CoD, CoD2, CoD4:MW, and maybe MW2
the original Blops has to be up there, just behind CoD4:MW
Since then (6 years) Ghosts is as good as any of the others :|

21Kid
November 9th, 2016, 06:03 AM
World at War was good.

balki
December 5th, 2016, 06:54 AM
IW actually better and somehow less ridiculous than BOIII.
I'm atrocious in MP, but using a mobile phone for internet access probably doesn't help (ping time +200ms?)

21Kid
December 5th, 2016, 08:44 AM
I thought BLOPS3 was supposed to be ridiculous??? :lol:

balki
December 5th, 2016, 09:45 AM
yes, but this one is even further into the future so it had worse expectations
so: BLOPS3 > IW > ??? > normal amounts of ridiculousness

The zombie mode, despite being infinity ward's first go at it may be the best out of W@W, Blops 1-3 and AW

21Kid
December 5th, 2016, 10:07 AM
> ??? > profit?

;)

balki
December 9th, 2016, 10:45 AM
So I tried TDM for once and did 5x better (five times 0.2 = average, which is borderline awesome for me)
Morale of the story: don't do anything objective based and go for the objective (it seems like the lag is gone more than anything else)

21Kid
December 12th, 2016, 06:44 AM
That's the main reason I dislike playing a lot of current shooters. It's basically just 39 different versions of deathmatch. No one actually goes for the objective. :|

Drachen596
December 13th, 2016, 12:19 AM
There's an image floating around somewhere from BF1 where a guy had very low deaths and very low kills and still had highest points score on the team by a bunch.

PTFO during Domination especially if whoever is squad leader is good with the squad orders and there ya go.

fwiw, I don't know anyone who plays anything BUT TDM in CoD games. Its basically what the series is famous for.

balki
December 16th, 2016, 04:05 AM
... less ridiculous than BOIII...
I take that back, campaign has gotten even more ridiculous

21Kid
December 16th, 2016, 06:46 AM
:lol:

Rare White Ape
June 25th, 2017, 04:39 AM
So the remaster of Modern Warfare is coming out as a standalone within a week. Surprise surprise.

It's coming to PS4 first, then PC and Xbox later on, for a full $40.

$40 for a remaster of a ten year old game which first came out a year ago.

First they bundle it with an overpriced premium edition of a new game, presumably to boost sales for a waning franchise.

Then they add microtransactions to it.

Then they sell DLC for it, which is also ten years old, and people have to buy it again if they want the full experience, while being charged more for it than what it cost originally.

And now they're selling it as a standalone title for a brand-new game price.

Yw-slayer
June 25th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Pick another hobby and something else to get all pissed off about?

GreatScawt
June 25th, 2017, 08:06 AM
No.

It's a pretty shit move on Activision's part. Especially the bit where it doesn't even come with DLC.

Scummy move.

Yw-slayer
June 25th, 2017, 06:00 PM
Don't buy the fucking game?

GreatScawt
June 25th, 2017, 08:37 PM
Well yeah. No shit.

And I'm sure you'll buy it and complain about how you have no time to play it.

Why are you hyper-sensitive about this subject?

Rare White Ape
June 25th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Don't buy the fucking game?

Waaay ahead of ya mate.

Rare White Ape
June 26th, 2017, 02:42 AM
Footnote: it was announced today that MW Remastered would cost $70 in Australia.

By comparison, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (another re-release) can be bought for $65. It includes all previously released DLC, while Nintendo added new characters and customisation options and fixed basically all of the (very few) shortcomings of the original Wii U version of the game.

TheBenior
June 26th, 2017, 04:42 AM
I don't really have a problem with remasters costing $40 since if done correctly since it can be a pretty intensive and not inexpensive process.

But not throwing in the old DLC and adding microtransactions? That's just trying to supplant EA as the company everybody loves to hate.

Yw-slayer
June 26th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Well yeah. No shit.

And I'm sure you'll buy it and complain about how you have no time to play it.

Why are you hyper-sensitive about this subject?

I'm not hyper sensitive about it. I don't really care as I have no intention of buying it. It is RWA who's got his knickers in a twist. :lol:

Really. "Evil corporation is capitalising on their legacy to make money off suckers." What a shocker!! Complaining on an internet forum isn't going to help things, but buying good indie games might.

Rare White Ape
June 26th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Yeah agreed. Sorry YW. Maybe I should think twice about voicing my opinion on something that I think is a bit shit on an Internet forum. Silly me.

Further to this, you should know that I'm not ever buying MWR for full price, which you would've already picked up on since you're super smart and all that. I'm voting with my wallet, like literally everyone literally always does every time they make a buying decision.

And further, further to this, do you want to see my not insignificant indie games collection? I've got lots, you know. And I play lots of them too.

21Kid
June 26th, 2017, 02:22 PM
:lol: EDICKSWINGINGCONTEST!!!! GO!!!!

Yw-slayer
June 26th, 2017, 04:42 PM
... do you want to see my not insignificant indie games collection? I've got lots, you know. And I play lots of them too.

No need. Kthxbai

Rare White Ape
June 26th, 2017, 06:27 PM
:lol: EDICKSWINGINGCONTEST!!!! GO!!!!

I'M READY

Drachen596
June 26th, 2017, 08:57 PM
You sure the dlc isnt included? Article i saw said 16 maps whicb i believe means it would have to have the dlc with it

balki
November 2nd, 2017, 06:10 AM
CoD:WWII is out tomorrow
Have I not been watching TV or did they drastically reduce their marketing budget? (Hope it's the latter as MW2 had an 8-figure marketing budget)

21Kid
November 2nd, 2017, 03:51 PM
I've heard it was coming out. I have seen zero footage of it though. Couldn't care less, to be honest.

Rare White Ape
November 2nd, 2017, 06:57 PM
In Call of Duty: WW2, loot boxes drop from the sky onto Normandy beach and open in front of other players (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-01-in-call-of-duty-ww2-loot-boxes-drop-from-the-sky-onto-normandy-beach-and-open-in-front-of-other-players)

…’nuff said.