racerfink
February 3rd, 2017, 02:24 PM
www.https://www.youtube.com/nismotv

Neat small bore race going on now.

Rare White Ape
February 3rd, 2017, 05:40 PM
Haha! Not available in my country.

My VPN will fix that.

Ironically, I could just switch to FTA TV but who want to do that? It's 2017.

CudaMan
February 3rd, 2017, 07:39 PM
Neat small bore race going on now.
That Civic was on rails. Fun to watch!

Leon
February 3rd, 2017, 07:50 PM
It was, which was good because there was stuff all overtaking happening in that race otherwise.

The359
February 4th, 2017, 09:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmLdnnjC0q4

Direct link for people. International feed, Radio Le Mans commentary.

tigeraid
February 4th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Niiiice. My day at work's not so bad now.

racerfink
February 4th, 2017, 01:23 PM
I guess that's one way to get your lap back.

Yobbo NZ
February 4th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Still can't believe the bogans over here totally dismiss this series/class/race as shit.
You've got 6-7 cars still on the lead lap after 5 hours. And they're going hard at it too.

Leon
February 4th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Agreed.

Hopefully enough of the world doesn't agree with the bogans, so the race keeps happening

Yobbo NZ
February 4th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Actually,it's 9 cars on the lead lap.

Freude am Fahren
February 4th, 2017, 04:06 PM
The current GT3 and GTE classes are by far the best forms of racing on the planet currently. When you factor in the huge number of manufacturers/cars, how cool they are, their speed, and of course the competitiveness of the races, there's nothing better. It also helps to have have them as the top class in a lot of these types of races.

It might not be as cool/exotic as the late 90's GT1 class, but it's better racing, and obviously much more sustainable.

dodint
February 4th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Pat Long, turd.

;)

Rare White Ape
February 4th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Actually,it's 9 cars on the lead lap.

Now it's only one car!

I can't believe Gissy's form over the last few laps.

The359
February 4th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Engel told SVG to kindly GTFO...

Rare White Ape
February 4th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Yeah that was... delicate.

Blerpa
February 5th, 2017, 01:03 AM
Goddamn, why in hell can't the menu on the TV also show the manufacturer's name for each car? At least a logo? It is stupid and confusing this way for a casual viewer...

The359
February 5th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Even Timing & Scoring didn't list the manufacturer, had to keep the entry list up to know who was who.

IMOA
February 5th, 2017, 12:21 PM
On the web live timing it was all the way over to the right so you had to kind of hold up a bit of paper and scroll left and right. There's 3-4 drivers per car and a lot of drivers that aren't super well known to the viewer, outside the top 5 or so cars where you could just remember their number it was really frustrating to follow things, especially in the lower categories. Just a manufacturer logo would have done wonders.

On the race, 90% of the time what SVG tries comes off but this race was very much in the 10% and parking the car mid track was dick move. Well, then Engel got interviewed and managed to be a bigger dick. Quite a contrast to the Ferrari team who were the model of excellent driving and good sportsmanship.

Yobbo NZ
February 5th, 2017, 03:24 PM
And the bogans think Whincup is a one trick pony.
He's good, but very wooden in interviews.

G'day Mate
February 5th, 2017, 05:29 PM
I reckon our V8 Supercars will eventually give way to something more like this. The series is slowly dying with lack of factory support and noone new coming along to fill in the holes. It will become a victim of it's own, unique formula, but hopefully at least there'll be some version of a Commodore or Falcon they can build to GT spec.

This year 16 of 26 entrants are Holdens and the remaining 10 entrants are split among three teams only (6 Ford, 4 Nissan).

IMOA
February 5th, 2017, 05:32 PM
There will be some form of GM or Ford product which can be built to GT spec, probably not Commodore or Falcon based though as they are dodo very shortly.

G'day Mate
February 5th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Yeah true, and they don't exactly fit the "look" either, but hopefully there's at least something "Holden" to get the bogans hard.

What do you see happening to the V8s?

The359
February 5th, 2017, 05:35 PM
I could see the Mustang being moved in to replace the Falcon. No clue where GM would go though, do they even sell the Camaro over there?

G'day Mate
February 5th, 2017, 05:39 PM
All they'd need to do is cahnge the panels a bit and re-badge it as a Holden Monaro

Rare White Ape
February 5th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Yeah there's no Camaro here.

Maybe that Kia sedan could get a few bogan hearts pumping but that's unlikely.

I'd honestly like to see the V8s replaced wholesale by a GT3 series, but the promoter wouldn't 'own' it anymore.

We seriously have the talent and the money, just look at how many cars the extant but small Australian GT3 category has already, and combine that with the Supercars teams backing. It could honestly be the worlds best and most competitive GT3 series.

G'day Mate
February 5th, 2017, 07:42 PM
I agree. It could also see the same Australian teams competing in Le Mans and other marquee events

G'day Mate
February 5th, 2017, 07:56 PM
You know, the lap record for Mt Panorama in a V8 Supercar (2:06.2769) is less than 5 seconds slower than the GT3 lap record (2:01.5670) ...

Rare White Ape
February 5th, 2017, 10:59 PM
I agree. It could also see the same Australian teams competing in Le Mans and other marquee events

Le Mans is a stretch because it's the faster LM GTE class that competes there in Corvettes and Ford GTs, etc. But they could definitely give the establishment a run for its money at the Nurburgring 24h. Just clear a few weeks either side in the local calendar to accommodate.

Dicknose
February 5th, 2017, 11:56 PM
The graphics without manufacture was a joke. They kept saying "the Ferrari and Bentley" and I'm thinking which bloody car is that on the graphic?!
Interesting last hour!

IMOA
February 6th, 2017, 01:40 PM
I'd prefer GT3/4 racing as well but the thing is while lots of people complain that V8 Supercars sucks the reality is they get really big crowds, good ratings on TV and are a very viable series. For everyone that claims that they'd go to the races if there was more variety/manufacturers/different cars there's 10 that actually attend a V8 supercar event.

Yobbo NZ
February 6th, 2017, 02:11 PM
It is wierd that, maybe it's the attitude that the cars are rich mans cars that they can't relate to.
Nevermind the excellent racing though.

Freude am Fahren
February 6th, 2017, 03:04 PM
I kinda hope that LMGTE is evolving towards something that could be adopted by FIA as GT2, and FIA GT3 could come to Le Mans, and they just dump the Am/Pro classifications.

IMOA
February 6th, 2017, 04:33 PM
That Civic was on rails. Fun to watch!

Some in car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq5yFQIihDk

G'day Mate
February 6th, 2017, 04:57 PM
It is wierd that, maybe it's the attitude that the cars are rich mans cars that they can't relate to.
Nevermind the excellent racing though.

That's why they'd absolutely need Lowndsey there in a farken 'olden ya caaaaant

XHawkeye
February 6th, 2017, 05:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N81cEqZEDVQ

Jordan Cox in the Honda Civic made one of the best passing moves ever up at skyline @ Mount Panarama to pass Scott Wilson in the Holden Commodore VP

XHawkeye
February 6th, 2017, 05:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCeF-bZK684

Start watching at 2:30 till 14:30

Best part is at 8:50

G'day Mate
February 6th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Such disparity makes for great racing!