PDA

View Full Version : Wolfenstein II

drew
November 25th, 2017, 04:20 AM
This game hadn't even been on my radar, until I saw that the alt-right and KKK hated it.

Add to that, Steam's 50% sale, and it's my birthday, I bought it.

I guess we'll see.

I skipped over the other Wolfenstein games a couple years ago. Again, due to lack of real knowledge about them.

I think it may be time to retire Fallout 4 after 1560 hours...

Rare White Ape
November 25th, 2017, 05:14 AM
I’ve had my eye on it since the excellent E3 trailer.

But I can’t play it until I finish The New Order which I bought on PlayStation store for $7 back in August.

I really wanna know how it runs on Switch tho…

drew
November 25th, 2017, 05:44 AM
That, I can't answer. It's a good looking game, from my first hour in it.

You die, a lot, which is fine. Hopefully the enemies don't become bullet sponges. Nothing pisses me off more than to have to shoot someone in the face 5 times to kill them.

Fallout was like that, before I tweaked a few settings to make 1-shot-kill with headshots. (I also made ghouls like zombies, where you HAVE to shoot them in the head to kill them, otherwise, you just blast off limbs and they keep coming at you)

Yw-slayer
November 25th, 2017, 06:32 AM
A review of his said its best played in Easy Mode, to allow you to enact your Nazi killing desires.

TheBenior
November 25th, 2017, 03:07 PM
I ordered it for the PS4 while taking advantage of the Black Friday weekend sales.

I was a bit apprehensive, because even though I liked Wolfenstein 2: The New Order, I didn't like Doom.

drew
November 26th, 2017, 04:21 AM
I just dove in on "I am Death Incarnate", as I do in most games.

drew
January 14th, 2018, 05:33 AM
Having gone through it twice for the different "options", I can say that it is a very well together game.

The voice acting and dialogue may be the best I've seen in a long, long time.

That being said, there's not a lot of room for replayability (I made up a word!). Since I'm not concerned with 100% completion/etc, it may be on the uninstall list.

Thinking about going a whole different route now and getting Civ VI.

Rare White Ape
January 14th, 2018, 12:02 PM
As highlighted by my learned counsel earlier this month, Civ VI is only $12 on Humble Monthly.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

drew
January 15th, 2018, 08:14 AM
I realized that I had already bought Mad Max last year (and forgot). So I installed it to give it a go.

novicius
January 15th, 2018, 08:21 AM
:lol: :up:

Great underrated gem!