PDA

View Full Version : 2018 MotoGP

XHawkeye
March 16th, 2018, 03:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYbXBW3VoAARAm4.jpg

Livin' on the edge: How Is Marc Márquez winning #MotoGP world titles with lots of crashes and very few points? @DennisNoyes looks at the numbers >>> http://cycleworld.co/SgpJmT #QatarGP

Freude am Fahren
March 16th, 2018, 04:33 PM
I was checking my Cable guide to record the sessions, and was like WTF? Not live?! THen I realized that Qatar nights = midday here. Yay!

Go Rossi!

Go KTM!

Fuckoff, Marc and Jorge!

Rare White Ape
March 16th, 2018, 05:31 PM
I really like Marquez, despite my preference for Rossi.

He's one of the most exciting riders in years and quite possibly the fastest human being to ever hop on a motorcycle.

I'm glad that he was birthed into this plane of existence at roughly the same time that Rossi exists, so that the two of them can go about it like mad men for our entertainment.

I think it's one of those things that historians will be talking about in 2000 years time.

XHawkeye
March 16th, 2018, 07:34 PM
New season - same old @marcmarquez93 (https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/974620849658449920) <--- Open for video

Freude am Fahren
March 16th, 2018, 07:40 PM
No doubt, Marquez may be one of the best to ever throw a leg over. I feel about him like I do LeBron, or Hamilton, or I did about Schumacher (though he was so clinical/boring compared to the others). Massive respect, but I love to root against him.

I do love that he will absolutely put it all on the line to win (or just be fast). Most of the time he's either on the top step of the podium or walking out of a gravel pit.

Reynard
March 17th, 2018, 02:37 PM
Just finished watching FP4 & quali... how sweet it is! :cool:

Dicknose
March 18th, 2018, 03:48 AM
Looking forward to another amazing and entertaining season.
Go Marc!

Godson
March 18th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Holy fuck. Finish.

This season will be good

Dicknose
March 18th, 2018, 11:17 PM
Great race.
Interesting how often the fastest lap was set by someone outside the top 4. Then at the end the front guys put the hammer down!

Blerpa
March 19th, 2018, 06:45 AM
I liked it a lot.
Not going to spoil it but felt like a lot of middle fingers to people whining about the usual in MotoGP.

Rossi being the best Yamaha rider and being able to compete at his age, Dovizioso showing he has the balls to be a champion, goddamn Marquez still delivering and trying... all the rest, pfff, although well done to Crutchlow and Petrucci, and Vinales salvaged a really abysmal weekend.
Zarco was never going to win, let alone be on the podium, Pedrosa is doing a Coulthard and Rins threw away all the good he was doing on a still problematic bike.
I think Ducati will have to decide something about Lorenzo in 6 months or so, IF he continues this way...

Rare White Ape
March 19th, 2018, 01:23 PM
It was alright. Good opener. Not really surprised with who won or what happened.

And I agree with Blerpa 100%.

I occasionally see arguments among the hoi-polloi that an old man like Rossi is just hogging a seat that a younger, faster rider could take and do great things with, and that he’s unfairly kept this seat because of the marketing. But that argument has consistently been shattered over the years, and last weekend proved it again.

Aside from the possible exception of Zarco, there is not another rider who doesn’t already have a fast bike to sit on, or deserves it more than Rossi. Viñales is no hope at the moment, and look at how fast he was a year ago.

Reynard
March 28th, 2018, 04:55 PM
A great stat I read that was mentioned by Neil Morrison regarding the fantastic competitiveness level we've arrived at in MGP now. From the start of last season through the first race this year, the 15th place finisher (final points scorer) has finished within 35 seconds of the race winner 7 different times. In the previous 68 years of the championship, that has only happened 4 times.

Blerpa
April 8th, 2018, 11:07 AM
What a double travesty. Miller didn't deserve to be treated this way. Also Marquez? WTF?

1) He should have started from the pits since he went backwards in the grid. And they ONLY gave him a drivethrough.
2) He stupidly bumped out Espargaro. He should have got another drivethrough. He ONLY got a "give back position".
3) He stupidly bumped out Rossi. He should have got another drivethrough, though, since it was his third offence, he should have been disqualified by rulings. He ONLY got an after race drivethrough.

A fucking travesty.

Rare White Ape
April 9th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Yeah what a crazy race.

Just because you’re faster, doesn’t mean you can ride like a gronk for the whole race.

Godson
April 9th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Marquez has been like this since day one. He literally respects nobody on the track, and will risk everything for the sake of a position. He has dive-bombed other riders countless times, sometimes with no side effects (against Dovi multiple times). And other times ending a person's race (here with Rossi).

He needs more than a slap on the wrist before he kills someone.

Reynard
April 10th, 2018, 05:06 PM
I would suggest that it hasn't been since day one and that he had showed a great amount of growth since hitting the MGP class. I felt as though I was watching Moto2 MM on Sunday where he knew he was seconds a lap faster then anyone else on the weekend and just couldn't be satisfied with anything other then a blowout.

The whole affair on Sunday was crazy and Jack got the shaft for sure... and not only on Sunday IMO. I was yelling at the tv like crazy on Saturday watching qualifying. The director was on the spot the moment Jack went out on slicks as he was the first to try. It was duly displayed on screen and yet Steve, Matt & Simon, all three commentators missed it. They were all about Marc & Cal going out on them though. Then when they gave up and came back in of course they called it but failed to acknowledge Jack still out there on his. Then finally just before the checkered flag Matt & Steve realize he too is actually on slicks and make a small remark... still not seeming to realize what may about to happen (that is his time was becoming soooo fast on the dry parts of the circuit that slowing down for the one really wet spot might still get him to the top) but then the pièce de résistance of course is that the director then managed to not show any of the pole lap. I was at least paying attention but didn't get to see any of it! :mad:

Godson
April 21st, 2018, 05:29 PM
And he fucking continues with his antics in qualifying

Godson
April 22nd, 2018, 01:55 PM
Fucking snooze fest

Freude am Fahren
April 22nd, 2018, 09:19 PM
I stupidly spoiled the race for myself by surfing websites that might feature results in headlines today at work. Watching now.

Yeah, not very exciting.

Interesting note, I found out that Tech3 is switching to KTM next season. That's interesting considering they are sponsored by Monster, and KTM by Red Bull. And will Zarco stay? I'd love for him to be on a factory M1. Though if he can help lift KTM up to the top teams, that'd be nice.

I also continue to enjoy watching Lorenzo suck.

Blerpa
April 22nd, 2018, 10:42 PM
Zarco is probably not staying in Tech3: he is a Yamaha protegè.
Lorenzo is really abysmal, but he should soon jump ship to Suzuki taking Iannone's place... although after yesterday, dunno, it's not like Rins has been stellar.

EDIT: And I stand corrected: Zarco refused an Honda offer to replace Pedrosa next year and signed with KTM to race in their official team for the 2019 and 2020 seasons, alongside Pol Espargaro.
Disappointing Bradley Smith will be dropped by the austrian bike manufacturer.
Tech3, which will be KTM satellite team, will replace Zarco with Miguel Oliveira, soon to be promoted from Moto 2 to the top class; the promising spaniard could be teaming up with malaysian Hafiz Syahrin, already riding for the french team.

Rare White Ape
April 23rd, 2018, 02:07 AM
Zarco refused an Honda offer to replace Pedrosa next year

Whut?

I had to read that about five times.

Zarco turned down a seat at HRC.

Maybe the money was really shit, or he didn’t want to be in the shadow of Marquez for the rest of his career.

Blerpa
April 23rd, 2018, 04:44 AM
Yeah, I was like "WAAAT?"

Godson
April 23rd, 2018, 06:34 AM
He probably thinks Marquez is a fuck, just like the rest of the field.

Blerpa
April 23rd, 2018, 07:00 AM
Probably riding for an official team gives him the confidence to be able in the future to punt the cunt out of the track, instead of having to play second fiddle to him by contract.

Rare White Ape
April 23rd, 2018, 06:23 PM
Yeah but not on a KTM.

If he stuck to Yamaha and showed good speed and added a dose of consistency he’d be a realistic chance to replace Rossi*, then he’d have a shot.

*on this note, maybe Yamaha knows something we don’t and they already have a rider earmarked to come through the ranks, perhaps an alumnus from the VR46 Moto3 team…

Godson
April 24th, 2018, 04:24 PM
DesmoDovi rejected the first offer from Ducati.

Blerpa
May 5th, 2018, 04:42 AM
KTM official team in 2019: Johann Zarco and Pol Espargaro. Satellite team KTM Tech3 (saying goobye to Yamaha and starting a new adventure as the austrian maker satellite team) has officially signed Miguel Oliveira, coming from Moto 2. Yet no news about who will be his teammate.
Meanwhile Marquez reckons either Pedrosa is going to renew or Dovizioso could be back at Honda.
Lorenzo awaits Suzuki to decide. The blue team has shut down ideas of a satellite team, meanwhile, and Iannone latest form is giving them doubts, although Iannone could be back at Ducati again in a interesting switch with the spaniard.

Godson
May 5th, 2018, 02:34 PM
It would be damned wild to see ianonne on the Ducati again, but after his last season with Ducati, I'm a bit timid.

Blerpa
May 6th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Meanwhile in today race... "What were you thinking???" applies.

Rare White Ape
May 6th, 2018, 05:39 PM
It was exciting there for a while. Feel sorry for Pedrobot.

Godson
May 6th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Mother.....

Dovi can't stop getting hit by his teammates.

Dicknose
May 7th, 2018, 03:14 AM
Was heading for an exciting finish.
Marc got to the front but couldn’t pull away. Then carnage!

Just surprising to have a relatively boring finish to a race.

Godson
May 7th, 2018, 08:50 AM
It really looked like Ducati was going to have a huge points haul and a solid finish.

Ugh...

XHawkeye
May 7th, 2018, 01:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DciDhQTU8AAmqQv.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DciDhQWVAAAt0rk.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DciDhQYU0AA2KdM.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DciDhQWU8AAtXry.jpg

XHawkeye
May 7th, 2018, 02:51 PM
The champ gets loose on gravel kicked up on the circuit! #SpanishGP (https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/993104341497143297) <--- Open for video

Godson
May 7th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Any news on Dani?

That hit made me cringe.

Blerpa
May 8th, 2018, 01:35 AM
Both Rossi and Vinales hit at Yamaha saying the manufacturer is painfully slow to update things, especially electronics: the two riders have claimed they are complaining since beginning of the season about problems and the feel is like zilch has been solved right now.
Meanwhile Zarco on an old 2017 bike is doing slightly better.

XHawkeye
May 22nd, 2018, 04:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdyzgJBVwAAArey.jpg

Another race, another victory, so what exactly is Marc Márquez’s big secret, asks @MatOxley http://bit.ly/2IDETyx

I’m stood in the Le Mans pitlane, chatting with a venerable MotoGP engineer, trying to eke from him the relative merits of every bike on the grid.

“The holy grail of motorcycle racing has always been to come up with a device that can save front-end slides, and now Honda has one…” he says, pausing for effect. “He’s called Marc Márquez.”

And that there is the story of MotoGP right now. Love him or loathe him, Márquez is on another level to everyone else. He has an ability that none of the others possess. That doesn’t mean he’s unbeatable, because he’s not always the fastest man out there, but it’s this unique talent that helps him to make the difference.

Most people only notice Márquez sliding the front tyre when he’s saving a slide, or not quite saving a slide. But his uncanny ability to play with the front tyre isn’t merely about trying to save crashes; it’s about using the front-tyre slide as a performance tool, to help pivot the bike at the apex of the corner to tighten his line and therefore cut faster lap times.......

Dicknose
May 23rd, 2018, 03:35 AM
And its a year since we lost Nicky Hayden.

A year on and the behaviour of some riders in this last year has made it all the more clear that Hayden wasnt the greatest rider, but was one of the champion nice guys.
He got upset with Pedrosa once - it lasted about a day!

Blerpa
May 25th, 2018, 03:57 AM
A bit of gossip: Honda did not renew Mir's contract, so he is probably going to Suzuki partnering Rins or Lorenzo in 2019 after just a season in Moto2 (a bit like Vinales did).
Iannone is possibly leaving Suzuki to join Aprilia at the expense of Scott Redding.
Petrucci at Ducati alongside Dovizioso and Pedrosa will be confirmed at HRC.
Jack Miller confirmed in Pramac Racing with Bagnaia.
Of all these riders the one with less options is incredibly Lorenzo: yes, Ducati has unofficially said they aren't going to renew the spaniard's contract.

Godson
May 26th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Lorenzo is a twat. That's why.

Is this confirmed info?

Dicknose
May 27th, 2018, 12:32 AM
Lorenzo is a twat. That's why.

Is this confirmed info?

Are you asking if those rider positions are confirmed or Lorenzo’s twatness ?
Cause I can confirm that one of those is most definitely true and confirmed.

Blerpa
May 27th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Lorenzo twatness is confirmed all along from the Sun to Alpha Centauri.
The rest is speculation and guessing.

Blerpa
May 27th, 2018, 03:55 PM
Latest news: Lorenzo is trying to develop a project to get Marc VDS to field a work Yamaha for him, alongside Morbidelli. Dorna is ok about it and also Yamaha is interested, as Rossi and Lorenzo wouldn't be dividing the same team box, obviously.

XHawkeye
May 31st, 2018, 03:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1001932917323522049/6Vy3fQUl?format=jpg&name=600x314

What does four-time #MotoGP world champion #MarcMárquez have in common with hall-of-fame baseball star Ted Williams? Dennis Noyes provides the answer. (https://www.cycleworld.com/how-does-marc-marquez-compare-with-legends-grand-prix-motorcycle-racing)

Dicknose
May 31st, 2018, 04:21 PM
Interesting!
I’d argue that Doohan had a couple of easy seasons near the end of his career. Balanced against that was his age (he was 29 when he got his first title, of 5!)
Rossi is also amazing but did get some good stats earlier in his career before the era of “the aliens”.
I’d have guessed Stoner would be up there. Definitely in a very competitive era. He and Marc probably helped by not going head to head.
In the end you can’t control the quality of your opposition, but what really stands out for me with Marc is his stats in an era that probably has as much talent as any other time.

Oh and lastly... who would be last on this list of win percentage? For a world champ...
Talking with friends I nicknamed him “mr 3%” as that was his win ratio, but then he doubled his career starts for no more wins to come in with 3 wins from over 200 starts.

Reynard
May 31st, 2018, 05:22 PM
Is that a quiz? if so obviously you would be referring to Nicky.

I love Noyes, one of my all time fave motorcycle journalists and this just made me want to mention here that my current fave is David Emmett so if any of you have never perused motomatters.com, I would suggest that you give it a view. :)

Rare White Ape
May 31st, 2018, 05:48 PM
I've always believed that the presence of Marquez is what has prevented Stoner from a much-rumoured coming out of retirement. He just doesn't want to race against him, I don't think.

And yeah, Rossi had it pretty easy in the first decade (!) of his premier class career. Stoner and then Lorenzo were the first to truly challenge him. Since 2009 it has been the Lorenzo/Marquez show.

Dicknose
June 1st, 2018, 04:07 PM
I wasn’t trying to take away from Rossi or Doohan - they did dominate when the opposition wasn’t strong. But that opposition was still the next best riders in the world!

Doohan was unlucky, that crash cost him a championship and possibly another the next year. He may have won 7. Then again is he didn’t crash he might have retired earlier.

Rossi’s stats were hurt by his Ducati time. He has never been afraid to move to try something new or maybe even just to challenge himself.

Stoner - great rider, but not a great sportsman. Certainly not for the modern age where much more is expected of you.
Great guy to watch on the bike, hard to watch off it.

Rare White Ape
June 1st, 2018, 06:36 PM
I’d say Stoner wrote the book on twatiness that Lorenzo is following.

Or was it Biaggi? Hard to tell.

Dicknose
June 3rd, 2018, 12:56 AM
Stoner had a bit more “whinge” rather than just outright “twat”.
Stoner didn’t attack teammates, he just complained and never looked like he enjoyed it (even when winning)

In the MotoGP Seven Dwarves he would be grumpy. Lorenzo would be twatty!

Dicknose
June 3rd, 2018, 12:57 AM
Oh and looking forward to the race.
Qualifying really threw it out there.
Rossi - first pole in 18 years. Marquez qualified 37th
Interesting!

Blerpa
June 3rd, 2018, 02:18 AM
18 years? Is he prehistoric? xD

Dicknose
June 3rd, 2018, 04:44 PM
Yeah I might have stretched both those figures out.

Anyway - not the best race but interesting for the results if not the quality of the racing.

Rare White Ape
June 4th, 2018, 01:36 AM
Lorenzo is a cunt and he can fuck off.

Blerpa
June 5th, 2018, 02:47 AM
Ok, you have heard it here first: Pedrosa won't be at Honda next year.
Since Puig took the place of Suppo as team manager the spaniard rider had its days at the japanese maker numbered.
So... Zarco said no to Honda, Mir said no to Honda and it's probably going to Suzuki along Rins and everyone wonders why everyone is not collecting Honda's offer.
Lorenzo is working on his satellite Yamaha project with probable Petronas funding: Marc VDS will get two Yamaha, an official one for Lorenzo and another one (official? No idea) for Morbidelli (VR46 rider, so there's pressure from Rossi to Yamaha to keep the young one in the satellite team).
Who at HRC now? The names thrown around are Lorenzo (if the Yamaha deal falls through), Morbidelli (if Honda can't manage to find any other young rider) or even Iannone (if Honda is desperate).
Jonathan Rea is deemed to stay in WSBK, so far.
Also there's Crutchlow... and Marquez own overrated's brother.

More gossip: if Lorenzo goes to Honda then Marc VDS is fucked and could leave the paddock, with only 11 teams in next season (waiting for Rossi's own team coming in 2021).
So Ezpeleta is trying to save what can be saved to ensure there will be a satellite Honda team, just to be able to bring up in MotoGP Alex Marquez (which to me does not deserve to be in MotoGP, compared to his adversaries in Moto2 so far).
Aspar Martinez team, right now with Ducati, could became Yamaha's new satellite team.
Pedrosa could partner Morbidelli if Lorenzo goes to HRC... otherwise Dani will leave MotoGP.

Meanwhile Hafiz Syahrin has signed for Herve Poncharal, so it will be Miguel Oliveira's teammate at the new KTM satellite team.
Ducati finally is convinced and will promote Petrucci in the main team alongside Dovizioso. The young italian, a welcome choice by Marquez, was considered by HRC as Pedrosa's replacement.
Ducati Pramac will field Jack Miller and Bagnaia while Iannone, unless surprises by Honda, will join Aprilia.

The list of riders that said no to Honda or choose otherwise so far is: Dovizioso, Zarco, Miller (!!!), Mir and even Petrucci seemingly.

Dicknose
June 5th, 2018, 04:45 AM
I’d guess that Dani might retire. Had a few injuries, hard work riding like that, especially if you don’t look like winning races.
He has been a great rider, but unfortunately never won a world title. Great on his day, but has at times been 2nd best in his team which has always been a strong bike.
He has smashed the record for most race wins without a title 31 v 13 for Mamola and Biaggi. Compare that to 3 wins and a title for Hayden.
Well I guess he is still in the running for this years title...

Rare White Ape
June 5th, 2018, 06:44 AM
If Pedrosa buggers off to WSBK he might win everything until the end of time.

But nobody wants to do that... because it's not GP racing. Imagine if Lorenzo did that. How low would he feel?

Blerpa
June 5th, 2018, 07:14 AM
Done deal: Lorenzo already signed up (few days before the Mugello race, it seems) a two year contract for HRC; he will earn 4 millions euro per year.
The Yamaha Petronas/Monster satellite team could still happen with Morbidelli and a yet to be announced second rider.

Blerpa
June 5th, 2018, 07:27 AM
So next year we will have:

HRC - Marquez - Lorenzo
Yamaha - Rossi - Vinales
Ducati - Dovizioso - Petrucci
Suzuki - Rins - Mir
KTM - Zarco - P. Espargaro
Aprilia - Iannone (?) - A. Espargaro (?)

Marc VDS (on Yamaha?) - Morbidelli - ???
Ducati Pramac - Miller - Bagnaia
Tec3 KTM - Syahrin - Oliveira
LCR Honda - Crutchlow (?) - Nakagami (?)
Reale Avintia Racing - Simeon (?) - Rabat (?)
Angel Nieto Aspar Martinez (Ducati? Yamaha?) - Abraham (?) - Bautista (?)

Rare White Ape
June 5th, 2018, 12:22 PM
Wowee. A HRC super team. Is this confirmed?

Two riders that Rossi fans hate, in the same garage!

Blerpa
June 5th, 2018, 12:50 PM
Confirmed.
That's 6 motogp championships in the same garage.

Rare White Ape
June 5th, 2018, 12:57 PM
And they’re both used to being the #1. It could be electrifying.

This has echoes of Senna/Prost at McLaren.

Blerpa
June 5th, 2018, 04:34 PM
And together they robbed Valentino Rossi of a championship.

Alan P
June 5th, 2018, 06:13 PM
There's talk that Marc VDS will completely abandon MotoGP and concentrate on Moto 2 & 3 teams. The MotoGP team is in absolute disarray with team principal and team owner barely on speaking terms and with allegations of financial impropriety being banded around. it's not going well.

Lorenzo to Honda is a strange one. It's been suggested that the Honda is a very physical bike that is difficult to be smooth on and Lorenzo is Mr Smoooooth which is why the Yamaha suited him so well. It's all about corner speed compared to the Ducati which is all about power and traction and the Honda seems to be more about traction out of corners. I'm really unsure what Lorenzo's thinking is.

Rare White Ape
June 5th, 2018, 06:27 PM
I’m guessing that he wanted nothing short of a full factory ride anywhere but Ducati (and Suzuki and Aprilia and KTM) and hey, the HRC ride opened up at a convenient time.

It’s arguably the greatest team in the sport, but it does seem like a poisoned chalice right now. Nobody, not even a top-tier rookie, would be wise to take the seat with the large shadow of Marquez looming over the team and the entirety of that bike’s development.

Alan P
June 6th, 2018, 01:38 PM
I’m guessing that he wanted nothing short of a full factory ride anywhere but Ducati (and Suzuki and Aprilia and KTM) and hey, the HRC ride opened up at a convenient time.

It’s arguably the greatest team in the sport, but it does seem like a poisoned chalice right now. Nobody, not even a top-tier rookie, would be wise to take the seat with the large shadow of Marquez looming over the team and the entirety of that bike’s development.

Have to say it's a ballsy move to make for Jorge. He must really believe in himself. The only thing that concerns me is any development of the bike will be towards what Marc wants rather than what Jorge wants.

Godson
June 8th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Nobody ever said Jorge was smart.

Now, petrucci was a no-brainer.

In other news, I can't wait for Honda's failure to handle two egoists.

Rare White Ape
June 9th, 2018, 07:33 AM
It has been tried before.

https://statics.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/suzuka89-2056753.jpg

XHawkeye
June 19th, 2018, 03:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgDONllW4AABCuY.jpg

"The vital importance of straight-line braking in MotoGP’s Michelin era explained and the big question: can Lorenzo win the title for Ducati?" asks @MatOxley: http://bit.ly/2t8TigG

Dicknose
June 19th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Interesting article! Not just the technical stuff, but the comments about
- what an amazing twist to the season (and Lorenzo career)
- that a small change can be a big deal at this level

The race itself has a bit of a snooze, but very interesting in terms of the big picture. The timing with Lorenzos move is interesting. You wonder if Ducati are thinking “if only”

Blerpa
June 20th, 2018, 03:38 AM
Uhm, can I say I find hilarious Suzuki is firing Iannone which has 66 points and is developing the bike while Rins is languishing at 33 points and rarely showing any talent or battling around the top 5 spots (I'm a Rins fan, so I'm pretty disappointed)?
Meanwhile Danilo Petrucci is the ducati rider in the highest place in the actual season rankings at 71 points, compared to the 66 points of both Lorenzo and Dovizioso. LOL
Crutchlow is 6th with 69 points while Pedrosa is 11th with 40 points (behind Jack Miller with a satellite Ducati at 49 points!).

Blerpa
June 27th, 2018, 09:21 AM
Pedrosa in Yamaha satellite team, sponsored by Petronas, alongside Morbidelli. Team Angel Nieto with Aspar Martinez. They are finalizing the matter.

Dicknose
July 1st, 2018, 04:44 AM
Oh my god!
What a race - one of the most amazing races, that would be the most overtakes I’ve seen for a lead pack in MotoGP.

Freude am Fahren
July 1st, 2018, 07:49 AM
I always miss the good ones! Damn DVR wont set an automatic timer for "motorcycle racing".

Freude am Fahren
July 5th, 2018, 08:36 PM
Finally got around to watching the race on Youtube, without having it spoiled.

Holy crap, what a race. Shame about Rossi getting a bit screwed at the end.

Dicknose
July 8th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Glad you got to see it and enjoy it.
The finish didn’t quite match the rest of the race, but damn I haven’t seen a MotoGP race so close for so many riders for so long into the race. Was more like moto3 just with the big toys.

XHawkeye
August 13th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Concrete Surfing (https://twitter.com/razzell2/status/1028360450985975808) <--- Open for video

Freude am Fahren
August 13th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Saw that the other day :eek: Crazy.

Also, what is going on at Yamaha? From what I can gather, Rossi is still on point, but the bike can't be good. Zarco seems to be nowhere compered to earlier in the season, and Vinales seems to be completely lost. Is there just no mid season development going on there, or what?

And it was pretty amazing to see what that tank change did for Lorenzo at first, but he just keeps performing. Can't believe what a turn around he's had at Ducati too. He was basically a joke before that change.

XHawkeye
August 14th, 2018, 03:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1029307393207881728/vwFnfPqL?format=jpg&name=600x314

This week’s MotoGP blog: Lorenzo told me in Austria that Ducati will win every race to the end of the season, IF they can fix the bike’s last big problem. So what is the problem and can they fix it? (https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motogp/lorenzo-we-will-win-every-race)

Blerpa
August 28th, 2018, 03:34 AM
https://www.gazzetta.it/Moto/moto-GP/28-08-2018/chiesti-6-milioni-euro-risarcimento-morte-hayden-290535980264.shtml

Disgusting money grabbers, the Hayden's family.
6 million dollars for an accident mostly caused by his son.

balki
September 10th, 2018, 03:54 AM
Moto2: Romano Fenati pulled Stefano Manzi’s brake lever at 140mph during Sunday’s Moto2 race in San Marino. (https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/sep/10/romano-fenati-sacked-brake-lever)
No one got hurt
Now that that's out of the way; glad it wasn't an American to pull that kind of stunt

Blerpa
September 10th, 2018, 04:00 AM
Fenati is an idiot, no matter how much of an asshole was Manzi being the lap before.
A 2 race suspension sounds to me like a too lenient penalty for someone that is not anymore in his rookie year at the international level.

Alan P
September 10th, 2018, 04:09 AM
Fenati is an idiot, no matter how much of an asshole was Manzi being the lap before.
A 2 race suspension sounds to me like a too lenient penalty for someone that is not anymore in his rookie year at the international level.

His team has sacked him apparently. As it stands that's him out for the rest of the season.

Kchrpm
September 10th, 2018, 10:22 AM
His contract for next year (with the team of the rider he sabotaged) has been ripped up as well.

Alan P
September 10th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Chances are another team will pick him up, he's been fast on his day but has history of Anger issues. One race after qualifying was over they usually all line up for practice starts. Mr Fenati was annoyed at someone, I forget why and berated him with the usual Italian hand gestures then decided he'd had enough and hit the engine cut switch on the other persons bike. These have no starter and a Moto3 bike is very hard to push start. He's got issues and needs to learn to control them.

Cam
September 10th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Lori actually alerted me to this guy, as it made it to the front page of The Guardian. What a vile move. Because he is a repeat offender, he should be banned from motorcycle racing altogether.

Rare White Ape
September 10th, 2018, 07:16 PM
He has previously been sacked from Valentino Rossi’s Sky VR46 team for arguing with Uccio Salucci. Plus that kill Switch thing was preceded by a protracted argument and a kick. He’s a piece of work.

https://youtu.be/x7fep8y0X2w

Dicknose
September 11th, 2018, 04:56 AM
I don’t think any team would risk him - both the chance of him doing something stupid, plus the backlash against a team just for having him.
I’m guessing his career is over.

Blerpa
September 11th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Yeah, Marinelli Snipers sacked him and MV Agusta official team, Team Forward, coming back to world prototype racing next season in Moto 2 with Triumph engines (along with Manzi), tore up his contract.
He is out and probably going to stay out for quite some time.
EDIT: FMI (Italian Motorcycle Federation) has suspended Fenati's license and has called him to show up for an audit, so he's going to go on a sport justice trial.
FIM (International Motorcycle Federation) has called the rider to show up for a meeting the 9th of September, to discuss his behaviour on the track.

Rare White Ape
September 11th, 2018, 12:59 PM
One of my friends mentioned that his social media channels are being torn to shreds.

So yeah, he’s done. Might as well go get a job as a forklift driver. Or race dodgem cars with Santino Ferrucci.

Rare White Ape
September 12th, 2018, 03:26 AM
Also: this

https://www.facebook.com/RPMLIFESTYLE/videos/976980115822733/

(It’s a video)

Blerpa
September 12th, 2018, 03:29 AM
Pedrosa at KTM in 2019 as test rider. It's official.

Rare White Ape
September 12th, 2018, 03:44 AM
Also:

http://www.mcnews.com.au/romano-fenati-apologises-loses-2019-moto2-ride/

Fenati has had his racing licence taken away, and he will now retire from Grand Prix racing.

Fancy throwing it all away, huh? A life like his, racing around the world, bulk totty on-tap 24/7. All gone.

Could’ve been a world champion someday and earned immortality.

Dicknose
September 15th, 2018, 03:39 AM
That video of Marc running back... he didn’t do well after getting back on the bike. Why? Because he had a bit of gravel in his eye and hadn’t really noticed that much until he tried to ride.
Sort of Monty Python Black Knight - your legs missing, no it’s not!

Rare White Ape
September 15th, 2018, 12:59 PM
It’s just a flesh wound.

Dicknose
October 7th, 2018, 01:56 PM
Another cracking race.
Got to love it when there is a lead pack, several different riders leading the race and a result that goes down to the wire.
How good is last lap lead changes!

XHawkeye
October 8th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Last Corner

https://twitter.com/Cicilestari_a/status/1048841861362667520 <--- Open for video

https://twitter.com/Brian_Murphy_/status/1049134106125225984 <--- Open for video

Dicknose
October 9th, 2018, 04:48 PM
There is a point when Marc is at the apex of his turn and seems to be at the limit and he just tucks the nose in a bit more and the bike rotates and he then powers out. Even more amazing in that slow-mo.

XHawkeye
October 24th, 2018, 03:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1054701478185758721/zxvFY7n8?format=jpg&name=600x314

In his own words: 2018 MotoGP champion Marc Márquez tells @MatOxley his winning secret (https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motogp/m-rquez-his-winning-secret)

Dicknose
November 18th, 2018, 02:25 PM
And the season ends in a rain crash-athon.

The exciting news was the Moto3 race where the winner was on debut and now the youngest ever winner at 15. Can Oncu - yes he can!

XHawkeye
November 19th, 2018, 02:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1062376585674686464/HHoGbN4D?format=jpg&name=600x314

'People who criticise him for his failures don’t understand how his gilded path to the pinnacle of racing has been steep and serpentine, strewn with rocky hairpins and precipices.' Dani Pedrosa's golden, uphill career: (https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motogp/danis-golden-uphill-career)

XHawkeye
November 20th, 2018, 03:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1064856894492368897/8JXPlxHb?format=jpg&name=600x314

Marc Márquez is the man with no off-switch, writes @MatOxley. And with Jorge Lorenzo joining the champion next season, we could see a Senna/Prost rivalry... (https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/news/motogp/m-rquez-man-no-switch)

XHawkeye
November 26th, 2018, 03:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZ2DL01CAAIuAhJ.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ds4gqreXoAAhvIe.jpg