PDA

View Full Version : Tattooz

SkylineObsession
January 19th, 2019, 12:01 AM
Did a few searches and couldn't find a topic on them, but is there one? If not, this'll do.

So. Who's got tats, who wants tats and who's got pics of what they have/want?

My wife has got:
- A tiger on her lower back, recently 'overwritten' by a MUCH better tattoo artist. Now it actually looks like a tiger instead of one drawn by a kid on a cave wall in the dinosaur days.
- A big tattoo on her upper back of an angel (?) and a grim reaper (?) (think that's what they are)
- And today she got one of Spyro the dragon on her arm.

As for me, i haven't got any and probably never will. If anything though, i'd probably get a t-rex. Just can't think of anything else really.

Ashie
January 19th, 2019, 03:56 AM
My one and only tattoo. I would like another, but Nathan threatens divorce. He's beyond more worth it than ink on my skin. 3179

Cam
January 19th, 2019, 06:11 AM
I never understood the allure of tattoos. Not likely I will ever get one. *shrug*

FaultyMario
January 19th, 2019, 09:12 AM
The allure is artistic, homie.

Rare White Ape
January 19th, 2019, 02:24 PM
You could say I’ve got a ‘thing’ for chicks with heaps of tatts. Not full body coverage, mind you. Maybe on the level of Arabella Drummond.

So hawt.

I’ve contemplated getting work done before, but don’t know where to start. I do know from most people who have them that you get less hung-up on what to get once you start taking strides down that path. The third or fourth one you get is easier to decide on, etc.

But… they’re with me forever and I don’t want shitty ones! Yet if I keep that mindset I’ll never have any!

SkylineObsession
January 19th, 2019, 06:04 PM
The big tattoo, completely finished now. I kept suggesting a pool of blood under the reapers stabby thing, but oh well. ;)
It was still healing when this pic was taken, which is why it looks a little odd.

And Spyro, done yesterday. Coincidently, the purple tee shirt she's wearing is also a Spyro one, bought from EB Games the other day.

Ashie
January 20th, 2019, 03:29 AM
The allure is artistic, homie.

This is why I have one and want more. I enjoy art in mostly all forms. If It wouldn't cause a fight, I would have Love The Run on my ankle with the mileage I have done and a pink ribbon incorporated. Also, would like both my parents signatures on my wrist to remember them by. Who knows, maybe I'll be a rebel and get more ink.

dodint
January 20th, 2019, 05:19 AM
For context, when she brings it up she talks about SLEEVES. This while she's working to become a doctor. :|

Cam
January 20th, 2019, 06:26 AM
I feel like tattoos are so ubiquitous now (at least in North America) that no one would blink an eye at them. *shrug* Then again, I'm one of those stinkin' pinko liberal artsy types.

Ashie
January 20th, 2019, 07:47 AM
For context, when she brings it up she talks about SLEEVES. This while she's working to become a doctor. :|

I only tease you about a full sleeve. I can't imagine enough tattoos to fill my arm with that I like. The 2 I listed surely wouldn't cover my arm.

The company I work for and did in Wisconsin did not like visible tattoos. I once wore a shirt that showed a small part of my tattoo and was told to not wear it again due to unprofessionalism. I don't think everyone is uptight about them, but the medical profession still see it as a problem. Meanwhile they will wear tightass leggings and call those pants to work??? What do I know....��

SkylineObsession
January 20th, 2019, 08:09 PM
Some professions allow tattoos, but it depends on your country/state/region etc sometimes.

New Zealand Police are allowed tattoos, but Air New Zealand staff aren't.

https://scontent.fwlg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46525730_1486459908154654_5496787608862195712_n.jp g?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.fwlg1-1.fna&oh=89142f515013c0dc71a46cb3c1707de3&oe=5CC643A4

https://scontent.fwlg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/35151748_1341769622623684_5235872026417168384_o.jp g?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fwlg1-1.fna&oh=5c1d9e2852fc2e7aab64360ffbedfd72&oe=5CFFC6B1

Ashie, my wife is thinking about a sleeve of tattoos too but i suggested (at least for now) she stick to the upper arms and then see how she feels. I think you can get make up that covers tats, but yeah.

Hard to tell if they are being more accepted or not, but in my opinion it shouldn't matter. I only suggested to wifey that she hold back a little for now because i was worried about her future job prospects - which is stupid, because it shouldn't matter what colours your skin is when it comes to employment. So long as they aren't offensive.

FaultyMario
January 21st, 2019, 03:40 AM
tattoos are so ubiquitous

In a social context yes, but to the person wearing it, it carries significance grounded on personal emotions, morals and aesthetics; and that to me, means art.

That said, I feel they are currently so safe and easily available to get that, kids these days go for a new one for every menial thing that happens to them, and with only so much footage of skin available, then their ink clusters lose artistic value.

FaultyMario
January 21st, 2019, 03:46 AM
I have three, first one i got is small and on the inner side of the upper arm. It was meant to be a reminder, but... I don't always follow its advice. :rolleyes: Second one was supposed to be the last one, but it didn't come out as expected so that has become more of a reminder :lol: and the third was just a way to lightening up the botched one, but they're so different there's no cohesion among them. :random:

They're all on the left arm/shoulder and mostly hidden from view.

Ashie
January 21st, 2019, 05:48 AM
I completely understand giving her the advice to hold off, as it shouldn't matter but it does in some context. I have seen some beautiful sleeves and some that was just randomness thrown together that looks a hot mess.

Another tattoo that I'm thinking about is when and if I get breast implants to get nipples tattoo on. I've seen the work I'm just not sure if it will make me happy/ feel normal which is the most important part for me.

Rare White Ape
January 21st, 2019, 12:38 PM
I’m pretty sure that NZ is more open minded about tattoos than other countries, because of their significance to Maoris and their family lines. That police officer next to the dog doesn’t just have ‘tribal tattoos’ that were popular in the early 00s. That tattoo relates to his family.

These days even McDonald’s allows their employees to have big beards and visible tattoos. You just have to look neat.