PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 7

Pages : 1 [2]

Tom Servo
March 18th, 2022, 04:28 PM
Yeah, even on FH5 I just pulled in four new to me cars this afternoon, and I've still got cars I don't own.

What bugs me about these grinding systems though is this basic assumption that the game itself isn't fun. You have to make it "work" so that people will come back.

tcheph
March 18th, 2022, 08:58 PM
i am a grinding fool tho. I've progressed in life to the point where while i certainly have the disposable income to pay the mtx fees, I'm never going to. i play games for the gameplay... if stuff can't unlock through grinding i just won't ever see it. maybe I'm weird but i don't even use "exploits' to get content. grind or die.

that said, i work from home and *mostly listen* to calls half the day. idle hands, friends.

MR2 Fan
March 18th, 2022, 10:06 PM
I did some grinding before getting to the fisherman's ranch race, I do the Daytona 3 lap in my Corvette ZR1 fully tuned....takes about 3 mins to make 22,000 credits (clean)...not much but it's mindless...don't have to think too much.

There's also a 5 lap Daytona Truck race that pays 45,000-ish (clean) that I run with my fully tuned Tundra.

SkylineObsession
March 18th, 2022, 11:24 PM
Honestly, i believe Kaz and i'm reasonably certain the reason he's 'pained' by not being able to tell us more is purely because of $ony. I think it was during or after GT5's time that he said somewhere that he doesn't like the idea of people/players paying for content, and wants it to always be free. Subsequently, in GT6 i think everything was free, unlike GT5?

$ony are the ones holding the purse strings here i'd say, they're responsible for the small race payouts in order to try replicate GTA Online's success (somewhat) by getting extra money from players via 'micro'transactions. I'd almost put a bet on this being the case, and unfortunately i don't think there's much Kaz can do about it. Hopefully he doesn't do a Hideo Kojima and leave Polyphony/Sony to start his own studio though.

But yeah. I'm just gonna play other games in the meantime, and if there's an update/fix/improvement/addition that i like the sound of i may fire it up to have a mosey. But i don't see that happening for a while. :(

MR2 Fan
March 19th, 2022, 12:23 AM
I wonder if $ony also held them to the release deadline for the game. We know how that works out for GT Titles.

Jason
March 19th, 2022, 05:26 AM
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt7-latest-update-has-outraged-fans-20220317/

This is a good article on the problem. Granted I only played GT1-4, but I remember those games having a good/fun balance, I could do a handful of races and be able to buy cars I wanted. You got rewarded for grinding. And iirc, you could sell reward cars you earned if you didn’t want them.

Also, glad they touched on the upgrade costs. Some of the parts are pretty egregious, specifically tires when you think about things like there being a lack of weather radar. And the fact that the parts themselves lack information (ie don’t know how many gears a transmission has, or the impact on the torque curve one part vs another has), and you can end up wasting a lot of credits there.

It seems kind of like death by a thousand cuts.

Like, ok if you are going to have low payouts, that’s fine. But upgrades need to be more transparent, we need to be able to sell cars, we need a better variety of fun races to play, race cars should probably come with race/intermediate/wet tires, the used car and legendary stores should have permanent rosters, so on and so forth. Otherwise it all comes off as pretty clearly a push to sell MTX

Edit: on top of the rotating used car/legendary stores, I forgot about the invitation system. So that’s three FOMO systems with no transparency on how often cars come back, combined with low payouts, and MTX being pushed.

tcheph
March 19th, 2022, 10:13 AM
three fomo and the disappointment "coulda had" roulette wheel.

it's all terrible, but i do love the actual gameplay, which is hilarious.

Jason
March 19th, 2022, 12:03 PM
Right, that's why it's so frustrating. The game is fun, but they're trying to make it not.

MR2 Fan
March 19th, 2022, 01:54 PM
another issue, doing the mission overtaking tests....I have the racing line, clean pass, get back on the racing line, AI car runs into me from behind and I FAIL THE FUCKING TEST!! WTF!! It keeps happening!!

Godson
March 19th, 2022, 05:26 PM
As the Bungie developers say on destiny.

"Time to 'Get Gud'."

Rikadyn
March 20th, 2022, 10:04 AM
So last night hooked up my g29 and this morning started d/ling gt7. I am going to play wheel only.

Dicknose
March 20th, 2022, 01:46 PM
Oh they changed/fixed the license tests to have the correct tyres.
One of the rally ones I had only got bronze, then smashed gold first go (and Im crap at rally).
The wet F1, went from couldn't keep it straight to passing them all. Although my quickest time was a 2nd place!

Jason
March 20th, 2022, 01:46 PM
Welp, time to grind about 400 races to get the McLaren F1, hope it’s still there when I’m done :cool:

Yeti
March 20th, 2022, 04:22 PM
So last night hooked up my g29 and this morning started d/ling gt7. I am going to play wheel only.

By the time I got to the S license tests I definitely felt like the game was saying Ďlol get a wheel, controller pleb.í

Dicknose
March 20th, 2022, 07:33 PM
By the time I got to the S license tests I definitely felt like the game was saying ‘lol get a wheel, controller pleb.’

My wheel is 500km away and I need to get it here, the wheel is ok, the seat/frame is big!
Up to S, but haven't tried any

MR2 Fan
March 20th, 2022, 07:55 PM
so there's a McLaren F1 in the legendary cars right now...you know, the ones available for a SUPER limited time.

People on reddit did the math, you'd have to grind for 24 hours straight on races (assuming it wasn't GONE by the time you did all of that), OR pay $180+ to purchase it.

It's a f---ing joke

Rare White Ape
March 20th, 2022, 08:31 PM
Up to S, but haven't tried any

I did them all last night. My tactic is: go through each test, try get gold, then try beat everyone in my friends list. Do this before moving on to the next test. Depending on my mood, Iíll pour a whiskey to go along with each test :D so yeah by the time I get to the last test on each grade Iím pretty happy with myself!

Iíve been doing pretty well, mostly beating everyone from the GTXF aside from a few of the fastest times. When I got to the Super licence it became much harder. For example, the test at Interlagos in the Zonda I found to be too hard. I completed exactly one clean lap and it was fast enough for gold. I tried 10 more times to go faster but always found myself under steering off a kerb, usually at turn 4. So I gave up with that one clean gold lap.

Iíve done the final test with the 917K at Spa. I intend to go back in and beat everyone on my friends list. It may take two hours to do so!

dodint
March 21st, 2022, 06:08 AM
This is apparently the official statement from Kazunori Yamauchi on the state of the game. I only have a screengrab of it off Reddit, so I can't cut and paste, so please forgive any typos.

I don't know that I'm buying that. Everything they've done so far has made it so you have to do more of the "mechanically keep replaying" thing. And part of the reason people buy videogames is so they don't have the same limitations as real life. I can barely afford one car, I don't want a game where I have to finance my in game crossover SUV for five years.

As for the delay, it seems reasonable but also seems like they could have been transparent about it as soon as they knew there was a problem with 1.07. Also, why the hell can't these game companies, that save games in the cloud anyway, just keep a few backups on their servers too? Disk space is cheap.

I love that 9 years in between releases wasn't long enough for them to make a functional game, so we should be the ones to be patient. :lol:

JoeW
March 21st, 2022, 06:58 AM
Is there a list of our PSN names? Not sure I have any of you on my list besides Cuda.

Kchrpm
March 21st, 2022, 08:14 AM
http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?61-PSN-Usernames-List-amp-GT6-Online-chat-(cont)

It's stickied at the top of this forum, and yet I still didn't find it when searching earlier :D

JoeW
March 21st, 2022, 02:21 PM
Apparently I posted mine there in 2014...so good memory here...

tcheph
March 21st, 2022, 04:18 PM
i am notgm still.

finally got gold in int-a last night, bronze in super, which yields a sweet gt3 class audi r8 lms evo.

Tom Servo
March 21st, 2022, 06:44 PM
Hahah, if you manage to scrounge up the money for the McLaren, better hope you never blow the engine!

https://i.redd.it/1ptfh4ohsro81.jpg

JoeW
March 21st, 2022, 08:37 PM
Did IA golds tonight. Last one took me long enough to experience a very high amount of frustration. I hate Nurb and have never memorized it. Hate it more everytime I have to drive it for any reason.

Rare White Ape
March 22nd, 2022, 02:31 AM
Hahah, if you manage to scrounge up the money for the McLaren, better hope you never blow the engine!

Oh what the fuck?

Fucking microtransaction-enabling in-game economy.

I hope the place where you found this is having conniptions.

Tom Servo
March 22nd, 2022, 06:26 AM
They are. It sounds like maybe you can't blow the engine, but much like the "wide body" modification, you can't undo certain engine changes so if you ever wanted to go back to stock, you're out another $9.25m.

Rikadyn
March 22nd, 2022, 07:17 AM
I don't want any sticking McLaren, I just want a bunch of shitbox Nissans...

dodint
March 22nd, 2022, 07:52 AM
Didn't one of the GTs have engine wear? Meaning after you've raced a while it needed to be refreshed? Or am I thinking of the oil changes?

Godson
March 22nd, 2022, 08:42 AM
In gt4 they had engine and chassis wear iirc.

Oil changes were a thing, but so was engine wear.

On the chassis side, if you had a hard hit, or a lot of hard miles over an endurance series. The handling was degraded. Including chassis stability.

Tom Servo
March 22nd, 2022, 09:23 AM
They definitely still have the oil change/maintenance angle, but I don't know what that actually affects.

Yeti
March 22nd, 2022, 09:54 AM
I've only had time to play the game on a weekend...I've not even unlocked the Legendary Cars market yet :lol:

I'm GTX_YETI on PSN, btw.

tcheph
March 22nd, 2022, 01:40 PM
in theory we could eventually be able to buy crate engines for swaps.

Dicknose
March 22nd, 2022, 02:23 PM
Seems plenty of people are upset about the cost/reward and micro transactions. Read an article saying GT7 got the lowest ratings for a Sony game.
https://kotaku.com/gt7-gran-turismo-7-metacritic-review-bomb-offline-sony-1848680758

Id bitch as much about the scripted linear gameplay. Oh and the bloody roulette... got more invites!

I am actually enjoying the driving, especially the weather. Ok back to the grind for cash...

Tom Servo
March 22nd, 2022, 04:29 PM
I am actually enjoying the driving, especially the weather. Ok back to the grind for cash...

Me too. I just got to the "collect 3 Ferraris" thing and somehow already had an F430. I put slicks on it to get it closer to the 700pp and the thing is an absolute joy to drive. You can really feel the weight behind you and the way you can get it to rotate and then plant with the throttle.

The whole thing feels like they don't have faith that it'll keep fans entertained without some sort of weird carrot/stick thing.

Godson
March 23rd, 2022, 01:14 PM
F430s are a treat to track in rl

Rikadyn
March 23rd, 2022, 03:47 PM
Psn is misericorde13

Changed it from when I posted in the thread... I think...

pl8ster
March 24th, 2022, 12:40 PM
I can't wait to see the next update. The current grind is the first race of the Pan American Championship at Blue Moon Bay with the street car Tomahawk. 6 x 30 second laps, 52k clean race payout (I know *some of you* - looks at tcheph - prefer a different race). If they alter that in any way without providing an alternate revenue stream, all pretenses are absolutely gone and I am out. I have NHL22 to fall back on if I want heaping doses of frustration with my video game experience. As it is, I'm spending more time in Scapes than I am racing - and Scapes is largely the same as in GTS...

Rikadyn
March 24th, 2022, 03:26 PM
I get to about 30miles driven and my legs are dead... But I now have two S13s so my car collection is complete

tcheph
March 24th, 2022, 04:03 PM
pikes audi at sardegna. = 3 laps, about 4 minutes. x 5= 20ish minutes, 5 clean wins = 300k.

that's my go to. figured out how to take the rally jumps. full downforce, no throttle no brakes. coast over the hits. ez.

Rare White Ape
March 25th, 2022, 01:36 AM
Polyphony is making swift moves to repair their goodwill status among players. :up:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/25/gran-turismo-7-an-update-from-polyphony-digital/?fbclid=IwAR2b5lbRYoFc7jAH3AOi2DIEtXNiF-fiaqAUO5X9oCWozIRm-kTGJYKKxd8

dodint
March 25th, 2022, 04:10 AM
Ehhhh.

Jason
March 25th, 2022, 05:05 AM
Polyphony is making swift moves to repair their goodwill status among players. :up:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/25/gran-turismo-7-an-update-from-polyphony-digital/?fbclid=IwAR2b5lbRYoFc7jAH3AOi2DIEtXNiF-fiaqAUO5X9oCWozIRm-kTGJYKKxd8

Fantastic :up:

MR2 Fan
March 25th, 2022, 09:22 AM

:up:

Pressure and lots of negative reviews works! Great to hear, let's make sure they follow up on their word

dodint
March 25th, 2022, 09:48 AM
These changes don't really look that substantial. The exorbitant prices for the cars are the same. Even if some of the event payouts increase 100% that only halves the amount of time you have to grind for it. Look at it individually:

Currency related:

Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
Increase of rewards in Online Races.
Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
Make it so cars can be sold.

Content related, not a fix to the problem but not a negative:

Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
Further World Circuit event additions.
Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the playerís difference with the top-ranked time.

The three items in bold I see as partial solutions to the microtransaction concern. I say three because 'increase rewards' is repeated over and over but is the same idea, just expressed in a long list to make it appear more than it is.
The rest is unrelated fluff. Do you believe they weren't planning on adding more races, tracks, and cars but decided to do so because people are mad at microtransactions? They're just giving more stuff to grind on.

It's nice they're being responsive, and maybe they'll get it right eventually. But high praise for these meager bread crumbs is really surprising to me. I know I'm a cynic but I would have thought given the vast amount of experience and relatively high age of this group that this would have been looked at more critically.

CudaMan
March 25th, 2022, 10:16 AM
It seems to be the way things are going now with any online interaction: create a response/incentive in the user to get them to engage more often. Be it 'grinding' in a game to get access to prizes, pressure to release content more often as a Youtuber to make money, endless notifications from social media, etc.

I haven't played GT7. Is it that bad or are people more disappointed that they can't start collecting, in their first week of gameplay, the finest vehicles in the world ever? Some of them probably should be harder to get at least initially. I think as a player levels up the rewards should increase so that they can add the expensive cars more frequently after some time of dedication.

dodint
March 25th, 2022, 10:26 AM
I think it was GT2 or GT3 that had it pretty spot on. You ground like hell for the first two or three cars, then from there you could get by on awarded cars and be able to afford anything you want.

The McLaren F1 in GT7 that takes 24 hours of grinding and was only available for about two days is a clear trap for you to have to fork over the $180 in purchasable credits. They've changed that a bit by increasing the payout and removing the cap on the amount of earned credits you can keep. But, I think the improvements are very small, incremental efforts.

Rikadyn
March 25th, 2022, 12:52 PM

I haven't played GT7. Is it that bad or are people more disappointed that they can't start collecting, in their first week of gameplay, the finest vehicles in the world ever? Some of them probably should be harder to get at least initially. I think as a player levels up the rewards should increase so that they can add the expensive cars more frequently after some time of dedication.

As someone who spends like 90% of their time in Gt in time trial in a realistic powered Silvia, it's how it comes across to me. I mean the McLaren means nothing to me and never really bought a car worth more than a million, so it's not like the problem affects me, but I can understand the disappointment with things.

Rare White Ape
March 25th, 2022, 01:45 PM
My most cynical response to this announcement is that the 1hr races will require you to spend 1 hour on the track dodging the shitty AI rather than three laps :lol:

As for the rest of it Iím feeling positive that the addition of more race types will at least solve the issue of the career mode feeling very linear, and if thatís the case then earning many millions of dollars wonít feel like a part-time job any more.

Rikadyn
March 25th, 2022, 02:47 PM
Who are these people expecting good ai from a gt game? Have they never played one before?

Leon
March 25th, 2022, 03:18 PM
The thing that always bothered me (which I gather is still true) was flying start races, where the light doesn't go green for everyone at the same time, it only goes green once you pass the start line. At which point, the car on pole position has a huge lead... then of course, the opposition seems to be all about 2 seconds a lap different from each other. Rather than a whole group of closely matched AI cars.

Tom Servo
March 25th, 2022, 04:06 PM
I am (somewhat shamefully) using the pre-order bonus Tom's Supra for the final cafe menu series. There's so much shit about this game that annoys me, but watching replays of that car racing around the track is not one of them. Polyphony have always been so much better at the replay game than any other studio, I can't be arsed to watch them in pretty much any other sim other than iRacing, and that's mostly to figure out if you should protest someone.

Rare White Ape
March 25th, 2022, 05:15 PM
You're spot-on about those replays. They have always kicked arse.

iRacing replays are great because you have so much customisation available right at your fingertips, plus the replay camera file packs you can get from various places are awesome.

I will say that the original Automobilista has great replays as well. They are very realistic compared to TV camera angles and show off the vehicle dynamics really well.

MR2 Fan
March 25th, 2022, 06:39 PM
Things I do love so far (using PS4 Pro):

- More differences in grip levels felt from GT Sport when going off-track (from what I can tell). I do wish I had a PS5 to understand the new controller and how that feels
- Paint customization options are amazing
- Wheel selection is quite good
- Lots of backgrounds in Scapes mode, though I do wish there were the fully CG ones they had like...was it GT6? where you could move the camera around entirely in the scene. I know they like having actual photo backgrounds, but those CG ones were quite good

Jason
March 26th, 2022, 06:31 AM
I think it was GT2 or GT3 that had it pretty spot on. You ground like hell for the first two or three cars, then from there you could get by on awarded cars and be able to afford anything you want.

The McLaren F1 in GT7 that takes 24 hours of grinding and was only available for about two days is a clear trap for you to have to fork over the $180 in purchasable credits. They've changed that a bit by increasing the payout and removing the cap on the amount of earned credits you can keep. But, I think the improvements are very small, incremental efforts.

This has really been my biggest issue with the economy. If youíre going to have to grind like hell for a car, there really shouldnít be a FOMO aspect. Itís very clearly driven to ďencourageĒ players to buy credits with real money.

Jason
March 26th, 2022, 06:32 AM
Used my “free” 1 mil on an NSX that will soon be modified to be the 95?96? LeMans car :)

tcheph
March 26th, 2022, 08:57 AM
but i remember the (gt2? gt3?) used car dealer has the same rotating technique and it was really cool bc you never knew what was coming. maybe it's part of gaming culture now, that there's an anxiety that some meta asset will come around and never be available again that's fueling that fomo. (thinking along the lines of the original gjallerhorn drop in destiny, lol)

I'm glad they turned back, but am worried they still have some mtx scheme with loot boxes or something. the fact that "special unobtainium parts" are locked behind roullette pulls is maybe my biggest thumbs down.

tcheph
March 26th, 2022, 09:01 AM
also found a better faux carbon color, Jason, under the manufacturer paint chips, lexus has an Emil Frey black which is semi matte, and it's perfect

there's also a good bronze-gold Ferrari paint chip which is amazing on wheels.

tcheph
March 26th, 2022, 09:04 AM
also, and I'll stop for now, I'm really disappointed that we can't make an outlaw build on the legendary 356. no turbo, no supercharger, no swap, just mid level "ok you did something basic with it'.

want outlaw 356.

Tom Servo
March 26th, 2022, 09:56 AM
One of the three cards I got offered at the end of the last cafe series was a Carrera GT, which I just bought for way too much money on that invite. Thankfully I didn't win it.

I did have five roulette things at the end of it though, two three-stars, two four-stars, and the six star one I got for finishing the cafe. Got a nice car out of the six star, but the other four all landed on the smallest cash prize out of what was in the five spots. I'm trying to believe the game isn't weighting the worst item out of the five, but the odds aren't great of that happening organically.

samoht
March 26th, 2022, 12:28 PM
This has really been my biggest issue with the economy. If youíre going to have to grind like hell for a car, there really shouldnít be a FOMO aspect. Itís very clearly driven to ďencourageĒ players to buy credits with real money.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind 'saving up' for a special car if I knew it would be in the showroom when I had the money. Or I wouldn't mind having to wait for cars to come around if it was feasible to earn the cash to buy one within the few days it would be available for. But the combination of limited-time opportunities to buy plus needing say 36 hours solid grinding to afford one is too much.

I can't wait to see the next update. The current grind is the first race of the Pan American Championship at Blue Moon Bay with the street car Tomahawk. 6 x 30 second laps, 52k clean race payout .

So I've been running the "AFK" script thing, exactly that https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/124003-afk-methods-for-farming-gt-109-update/ but with a script that runs along the wall, wins and repeats. $500k per hour, leave it running when not playing the game, and I just managed to snag the F1 before it disappeared. It's solved the balance problem for me - buying the special cars still takes enough time that its meaningful, but it's not next-to-impossible.

Tom Servo
March 26th, 2022, 01:26 PM
I still haven't tried that, but if it tells Cuda anything - I've been playing a fair bit since launch, considering I'm an adult with a full time job and went out of town for a few days. I've "acquired" 6.9 million credits in that time, 2.6 of which were a pre-order bonus and the "we fucked up our servers" bonus, so I've earned a total of 4.3m over the course of three weeks. At that rate, we're looking at about 13 weeks to get the McLaren F1, there's another car in the legendary section right now that's 18m, so that's another 13 weeks or so. So I can afford four of these legendary cars a year if I spend absolutely no money on anything else and keep up the amount of playing I've been doing for a brand new game, which tends to get a little less play time as it gets older.

I guess maybe they're counting on it being another 10 years before GT8 and they've really gotta stretch it out?

MR2 Fan
March 26th, 2022, 04:09 PM
The McLaren F1 is already "limited stock", so it will probably be gone in the next few days. When will it be available again? WHO KNOWS?

Tom Servo
March 26th, 2022, 04:23 PM
That's the other part. If a normal workload on the game takes me 13 weeks to save up for that car and I have to not spend any credits otherwise, it's sure to be gone by the time I save up for it. It's that FOMO mechanic that Jason keeps rightfully mentioning.

Rare White Ape
March 26th, 2022, 04:32 PM
If the F1 GTR comes and goes before I have a chance to buy it I’ll be deeply miffed.

Although I am confident that I will be able to get on with my life.

Rare White Ape
March 26th, 2022, 08:29 PM
there's also a good bronze-gold Ferrari paint chip which is amazing on wheels.

Can you please garnish this thread with the exact name of this chip?

MR2 Fan
March 26th, 2022, 10:58 PM
News: The McLaren F1 is "sold out"

samoht
March 27th, 2022, 02:45 AM
News: The McLaren F1 is "sold out"

Someone's helpfully charting the arrival and likely departure dates of each car in the Legendary section over on GTPlanet https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/a-list-of-legendary-cars.405484/

Rikadyn
March 27th, 2022, 02:58 AM
But there is now a kpgc10 available

MR2 Fan
March 27th, 2022, 07:30 AM
I bought that one as soon as I saw it....so nice

Rare White Ape
March 27th, 2022, 02:43 PM
More news:

If you’re a Hagerty Drivers Club member you get a code to redeem a McLaren F1 GTR with a Hagerty livery applied to it.

If anyone encounters a spare code…

MR2 Fan
March 28th, 2022, 07:28 PM
I dunno if the livery editor sucks or it's just me. Trying to put stripes over the top of the car, etc. is super frustrating

Rare White Ape
March 29th, 2022, 02:02 AM
It's just you... ;)

If you need any help I am very experienced with the livery editor. Shoot any questions to me if you want.

MR2 Fan
March 29th, 2022, 04:18 PM
the biggest problem is that the vinyls just randomly disappear when I move them (and I don't mean over the hood) but just, left to right on the bumper, etc. zoom in, zoom out, they just disappear). Note: I'm on PS4 Pro, not sure if it works better on PS5

tcheph
March 29th, 2022, 04:38 PM
editor things that suck:

can't group layers -- this is my biggest beef
can't flat edit a side
can't rename layers
decals disappear arbitrarily when resizing

Rare White Ape
March 29th, 2022, 07:04 PM
PS4 and PS5 editors should be identical.

For the issue of disappearing layers, you need to adjust the 'depth' of the layer. To do this, go to the menu where you can change the layer colours, etc. On the very left of this menu is an option called Projection Range.

Inside this menu are two sliders: limit angle and limit depth. Increase the depth limit between 0 and 10 and it should stop the layer from disappearing when you move or scale it.

The reason the layer disappears is because a layer is 'projected' like a shadow onto the surface from a certain angle, and there is a z-axis depth limit to the projection of the layer to stop it showing up on areas where you intend for it to appear. For example, if you were to place a blank square on the door of a car, you would not expect it to show up on the opposite side. However, if you increase the angle and depth limit to 10 for both you will actually see it on the other side of the car (which is a good cheap way to place symmetrical designs that save layers and system memory space).

When you place a layer and scale it up to large sizes, or move it far away from the 0,0 x and y coordinates of its original placement, it will wind up moving outside the z coordinate limit and disappear. Increasing the depth limit will give you more flexibility.

You can also use angle and depth limits to prevent layers from wrapping around corners or on the inside of air intakes by going between -10 and 0.

Yeti
March 30th, 2022, 08:33 AM
I'm a 'First Gear' Driver's Club member at Hagerty since I have a vehicle insured with them and no sign of a GT7 voucher code anywhere :lol:

Tom Servo
March 30th, 2022, 08:55 AM
Boy, do I suck at the rallying.

Yeti
March 30th, 2022, 09:30 AM
Never mind, got my McLaren.

Suck it, plebs!

Godson
March 30th, 2022, 09:30 AM
These changes don't really look that substantial. The exorbitant prices for the cars are the same. Even if some of the event payouts increase 100% that only halves the amount of time you have to grind for it. Look at it individually:

Currency related:

Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
Increase of rewards in Online Races.
Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
Make it so cars can be sold.

Content related, not a fix to the problem but not a negative:

Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
Further World Circuit event additions.
Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the playerís difference with the top-ranked time.

The three items in bold I see as partial solutions to the microtransaction concern. I say three because 'increase rewards' is repeated over and over but is the same idea, just expressed in a long list to make it appear more than it is.
The rest is unrelated fluff. Do you believe they weren't planning on adding more races, tracks, and cars but decided to do so because people are mad at microtransactions? They're just giving more stuff to grind on.

It's nice they're being responsive, and maybe they'll get it right eventually. But high praise for these meager bread crumbs is really surprising to me. I know I'm a cynic but I would have thought given the vast amount of experience and relatively high age of this group that this would have been looked at more critically.

Needs more marketing

Dicknose
March 30th, 2022, 02:00 PM
Adding races to missions... does this mean you only get the money once, the first time you beat it?

Dicknose
March 30th, 2022, 03:04 PM
Just had a nice race - World Rally GrB @ Trial Mountain.
Its 10 laps with fuel+tyres.
Used 86 GrB with Hard tyres (so I didn't have to buy tyres).
Thought I might conserve fuel to see if it helps, thought maybe pit once and dont change tyres (saves time) and smaller refuel.
But after a couple of laps it was looking good, catching cars and using fuel map 3 and fuel was looking good so I decided to go conservative and do a no-stop. Fuel map out to 4-6 (4 for out of corners into longer straights, then up to 5,6)
I ended up slowly closing on the top 2 cars and got into 1st when I really ramped up coasting etc. Actually got overtaken for 1st but was happy to draft behind! Then end of lap 7 the 1st place car pits and I cruise by.
Was doing 2:11-12 laps with lots of coasting and was only losing a second or two to the chasing cars. Last lap had plenty of fuel so crank trim to 3 and put in a 2:03 lap (and lapped 2 cars on that last lap) and won the race easily (and with more than half a lap of fuel)

Was fun, trying to be fast but smooth and tactical.
Good that you can win races with different styles - full out or fuel wise.

Godson
March 30th, 2022, 03:27 PM
I ran an endurance race series with some buddies who wanted fuel consumption etc. I knew I wasn't going to win on outright speed, but being able to put 2 less times an hour made a HUGE difference. They had to run nearly within a half second of their best to compete with the time difference.

On of the races I was able to no stop and won outright against gt40s running some 2-3secobds a lap faster.

I placed really well at the 1 hour le Mans race because I saved fuel.

It's a lot of fun this way.

Rikadyn
March 30th, 2022, 04:08 PM
Oh good lord I don't want to do rally with a wheel. Also drifting is going to be a new wall to run into...

dodint
March 30th, 2022, 06:36 PM
I ran an endurance race series with some buddies who wanted fuel consumption etc. I knew I wasn't going to win on outright speed, but being able to put 2 less times an hour made a HUGE difference. They had to run nearly within a half second of their best to compete with the time difference.

On of the races I was able to no stop and won outright against gt40s running some 2-3secobds a lap faster.

I placed really well at the 1 hour le Mans race because I saved fuel.

It's a lot of fun this way.

Did you do it in the breadvan again?

Dicknose
March 30th, 2022, 09:05 PM
And now had the reverse - a race where me and every other car pitted - except the car at the lead. Got in front just before I pitted and hoped he would too. No somehow he made it to the end.

Dicknose
March 30th, 2022, 10:52 PM
Just popped a wheelie!!
Was in the tomahawk and paused to change the controller settings, when I came back the front wheels just lifted up.

MR2 Fan
March 31st, 2022, 04:18 AM
Just popped a wheelie!!
Was in the tomahawk and paused to change the controller settings, when I came back the front wheels just lifted up.

Seems you aren't the only one

https://www.reddit.com/r/granturismo/comments/tsugvq/the_wheelie_is_back/

tcheph
March 31st, 2022, 11:12 AM
the milk truck is the true test of patience though. lack of any lsd parts makes it a real cow.

finding that there is a fine line between "can win a suggested 600pp race" vs "can win a mandated 600pp race", and that's fun trying to piece together.

also got my ford gt poppin wheelies at 230mph on the test track. no downforce, max ride height, let's gooooOOOOOO

Godson
March 31st, 2022, 06:33 PM
Did you do it in the breadvan again?

Nope, just reminiscing about that race.

They were big confused, and frustrated.

I think I have the replay around somewhere

Rikadyn
April 2nd, 2022, 09:26 AM
Menus feel like the single most pointless thing in this game...

samoht
April 2nd, 2022, 01:07 PM
Just had a really good race in the WTC 700 category at Deep Forest in the F1 - won by 1.6 seconds after a 16 minute, 10 lap race, fuel going to 0% just as I crossed the finishing line. Some heavy fuel-saving going on to make it a one rather than two stopper, which swung it.

Tom Servo
April 2nd, 2022, 04:37 PM
Chose poorly while going through some of the single player events I haven't done yet. Was the Daytona oval in American cars. I had an older Camaro that had gobs of power but a four speed gearbox that topped out at around 150mph. Got a really interesting look at the rubber banding.

I immediately started slicing through the field all the way up to first. I was gaining like 4 seconds a lap. Then I got close to first, and suddenly he hit the gas. Probably gained a good 40mph, as did the cars that were now back in 3rd-5th. They immediately blew right back past me while I sat there hitting red line at 150 and never looked back.

Was weird, I didn't realize that basically the AI will wait for you, but once you catch up, then it actually tries to drive.

dodint
April 2nd, 2022, 04:39 PM
Yup. Same as in GT:S. Make your move late.

Rare White Ape
April 2nd, 2022, 05:46 PM
Or they could have been slipstreaming you. It has a really exaggerated effect in this game.

In the cafe menu Daytona oval race I needed a slipstream to catch the podium, but once I passed them I just drove off-line to break the draft and the two cars behind me vanished into the rear view mirror.

SkylineObsession
April 3rd, 2022, 12:01 AM
Don't like the rubberbanding AI, completely stuffs up the realism. :(

Going back to replays, here's a cut & paste of what i said in a post on GTPlanet (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/what-is-it-that-makes-gran-turismo-gran-turismo-to-you.407140/#post-13666355).
Ever since the first game, GT's replays have been the best and most realistic looking out of every single other driving game i've ever played. They don't just focus on 'fake' floating follow-the-car type views, there is a lot more realistic looking/located trackside camera views which really help with the watchability factor.
GT is one of the VERY few car games where i watch replays, and ever since GT2 i've saved many, MANY replays because they are just so much fun to watch.

And i should really upload my vids of my F40 in GT Sport doing a wheelie. These ones weren't wheelie-ing from speed, they were from grip levels suddenly increasing while using slicks, after a spin. :lol:

SkylineObsession
April 3rd, 2022, 12:48 AM
Here is said video: :rawk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3DLtDJIhcE

balki
April 3rd, 2022, 06:05 AM
Totally missed the apex at the 15 second mark ... you should have steered hard right.

Tom Servo
April 3rd, 2022, 08:12 AM
Or they could have been slipstreaming you. It has a really exaggerated effect in this game.

In the cafe menu Daytona oval race I needed a slipstream to catch the podium, but once I passed them I just drove off-line to break the draft and the two cars behind me vanished into the rear view mirror.

Naah, I never caught first place, he just sped up like it was a Fast and Furious movie and the camera had just gone to an interior shot of the driver determinedly downshifting and actually pushing the gas pedal *all* the way to the floor this time. The other three basically did the same move and went on another few laps just pulling away at 3-4 seconds per lap.

Rikadyn
April 3rd, 2022, 10:29 AM
I can't for the life of me figure out how to catch a car when it becomes loose

samoht
April 3rd, 2022, 03:33 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out how to catch a car when it becomes loose

Yeah, it's really tricky, harder than real life and harder than any prior GT.

The most obvious tuning assistance is stickier tyres - if you're struggling with a RWD car, I'd go up to at least Sport Soft, or Racing Mediums.
The second thing is rear downforce (wing etc in GT Auto) and wind it up in the settings.
Third thing is suspension setup, fit fully adjustable and tune it towards understeer - softer rear ARB / stiffer front, same with springs, front toe out, rear toe in. It can also help to stiffen the suspension - damping max all round, stiffer spring rate - to reduce the extent to which the body mass moves around independently of the wheels. I tend to do body stiffening too (may be a placebo tho).

With the driving, IME you're not going to catch a sliding car with the steering alone. So when it starts to go under power, back off to about one-quarter throttle, and aim for fairly central/neutral steering. That seems to be the best bet for me. In a powerslide from low speed, often I'll cut power entirely for a beat, then re-apply about half throttle or so to pick it up and stabilise it.

It takes a lot of practice, you can either see it as frustrating or a fun challenge ;) If it's hindering game progression, can always use FF or 4WD cars for most things, and/or add driving aids. Among the FRs, I found the 02 Viper pretty nice to drive, the FD is more of a challenge to keep straight.

Rikadyn
April 4th, 2022, 04:24 PM
It's mostly from not really being able to sense where my wheels are with the g29 in a slide.

tcheph
April 4th, 2022, 06:02 PM
full lsd is, i think, way more important in 7 than ever before. it's my go to taming method.

lsd to 15/40/25
rear negative camber 2.7ish
ballast balancing

all more effective than before.

also, has anyone successfully used nitrous? wanted to see if i could break 250 in my most powerful car (the murcielago) and discovered some weird issues. couldn't modify the race gears at all, or, i could but they behaved the same no matter how i set them, and i couldn't trigger nitrous at all.

MR2 Fan
April 6th, 2022, 12:47 PM
Here's a list of the updated used car lots etc. that someone compiles daily:

https://ddm999.github.io/gt7info/

Tom Servo
April 6th, 2022, 05:22 PM
Finally went back to the license tests, working on IB now. It still feels like they're way, way easier than they used to be.

I see a lot of folks complaining about S10 (looks like a 917 in the rain at Spa?) on reddit, but they were also complaining a ton about the NSX one at the Suzuka hairpin and that one really wasn't all that tough.

Also, I thought the star rating of your roulette ticket thing was supposed to be related to your car collector level? I seem to remember the cafe guy telling me that at some point, but now I'm suddenly getting one-star ones again.

tcheph
April 6th, 2022, 05:59 PM
i finally got s10 gold this weekend and I'm not at all ashamed that the only way i stood a chance was with all assists all the way up.

first time i used breaking zones or lines, and buddy it works.

tcheph
April 6th, 2022, 06:05 PM
also pretty stinking happy with the way this looks on my cars:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/user/mymenu/dfc28ef7-954f-4b81-9b0a-2052589826ef/gallery/All/22236731513530515

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/user/mymenu/dfc28ef7-954f-4b81-9b0a-2052589826ef/gallery/All/22237181657582618

i had to upload as two files but easily assembled in the editor. this was the plate style on my first three cars irl.

SkylineObsession
April 6th, 2022, 10:44 PM
Totally missed the apex at the 15 second mark ... you should have steered hard right.

Yeah i stuffed that up a bit. :( Doesn't seem to be as much friction for the wheels to turn the car, in the air. Yet when you put a hand out of the window at 100Km/h it dances all over the place with air friction. :erm:
PD need to work on the atmospheric physics a bit more.

MR2 Fan
April 7th, 2022, 03:15 AM
1.11 update up, more used cars...picked up 4 MR2's (no, I don't have a problem)

Rare White Ape
April 7th, 2022, 04:28 AM
I see a lot of folks complaining about S10 (looks like a 917 in the rain at Spa?)

Yes it is, and yes it is actually difficult.

It would be OK if the game let you run practice laps in those conditions with that car, but unfortunately you're stuck with an instant fail if you hit grass or a wall and have to restart the lap again. You become very, very good at navigating turn 1, and maybe turns 2, 3, and 4. Most of the lap has a nice dry line that you can take advantage of. Grippy tarmac in predictable places. DON'T touch the kerbs. But if you screw up the run to Blachimont it's another 2 minutes and and 30 seconds before you get to try it again... assuming you don't stuff up on the way there again.

By the way the back section of the track just before Blachimont, as you will know, is a high energy corner taken at near-top speed, so you need lots of lateral grip. And it just so happens that the track is wet all the way across the racing line in odd unpredictable patches right around the point where you turn in, and you obviously can't take it flat-out so you need to be off the throttle, but if you're off the throttle there's less grip available for the rear tyres, which means you might actually need to be ON the throttle, but only a little bit, but no too much that you wheel spin.

Good luck :)

MR2 Fan
April 7th, 2022, 08:38 AM
Regarding S-10, I don't think you get rain or intermediate tires either.

I wish they would let you adjust some settings for those tests. I thought in one of the previous GT games they did let you adjust settings for some of the license tests

Rikadyn
April 8th, 2022, 03:20 PM
Holy hell. Decided to try drifting in this game with the wheel and I can't get it to actually counter steer at all. I initiate and it just continues spinning, like I have no input at all and this is all low speed in a stock s15

Tom Servo
April 9th, 2022, 09:29 AM
I take it all back on the license tests. IA-10 is on the part of the Nordschleife that my brain has just never been able to handle in a squirrely little asshole of a car. I'm 3 seconds off the pace and have no idea where I'll find that.

tcheph
April 9th, 2022, 01:04 PM
it's all in that blind right turn at the top of the hill. throw it hard at the kerb. if you can get that first sequence right the rest is cake.

Rare White Ape
April 9th, 2022, 02:06 PM
That section of track is my favourite. Big ol downhill roller coaster.

Rikadyn
April 9th, 2022, 04:35 PM
We should do a group track day sometime...

MR2 Fan
April 10th, 2022, 01:45 AM
ok who's dairypope on reddit? :p

Rikadyn
April 10th, 2022, 06:22 AM
Not me but I saw the post :p

Tom Servo
April 10th, 2022, 08:12 AM
Hah, that's me :)

MR2 Fan
April 10th, 2022, 02:15 PM
Hah, that's me :)

Swervo! :up:

Rare White Ape
April 10th, 2022, 08:26 PM
Please Sirs, may I have a crumb of context?

MR2 Fan
April 10th, 2022, 09:33 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/granturismo/comments/tzwbxr/recreated_a_photo_from_my_autocross_days/i44o1m8/?context=3

Rare White Ape
April 11th, 2022, 03:12 AM
Why thank you

Tom Servo
April 12th, 2022, 12:12 PM
Heh, S-1 (High Speed Ring) took me two days to get gold on, S-2 (Monza) took me two tries. Go fig.

Dicknose
April 12th, 2022, 02:57 PM
Im heading to Sydney and will have my wheel! So Ill give the S lic a go.

Tom Servo
April 12th, 2022, 05:38 PM
I got my first daily race win, I am feeling very accomplished right now.

Rare White Ape
April 13th, 2022, 02:21 AM
Not bhed.

I have 14 in total from the GT Sport days. I've done dozens of them. My win rate in GT is way higher than in iRacing :lol:

SkylineObsession
April 14th, 2022, 01:27 AM
Can't remember the car i was driving, but was a bit taken aback the other night when racing in the in-car view to see the reflection of my driver on the plastic dust (?) shield covering the speedo, tach, fuel etc gauges. And it wasn't a static reflection either. That's not exactly something that i would have even thought to ask PD to put in the game, so it's interesting they still have the processing power to do that plus everything else going on at the time too.

MR2 Fan
April 14th, 2022, 04:24 AM
I have to admit...the MR2 in GT7 is more balanced and easier to drive than the real one....very nice to drive around corners (at least with racing tires) super smooth with no big surprises

Rikadyn
April 15th, 2022, 05:12 PM
I have 2 89 S13 Qs, 2 91 S13 Dia, 1 180sx, and 1 sileighty.

I might also have a problem. Though in the real world this seems to be just enough to keep one of them running.

MR2 Fan
April 15th, 2022, 05:57 PM
I may have struck a chord with GT reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/granturismo/comments/u49e0u/next_update_well_get_honest_sarah/

Tom Servo
April 15th, 2022, 06:57 PM
Heh, I saw that one and had already immediately forgotten your username over there.

MR2 Fan
April 15th, 2022, 08:26 PM
Yeah, this is literally the only place I'm known as "MR2 Fan"...I have many different names on various websites

Rare White Ape
April 15th, 2022, 10:24 PM
That is a good meme.

Yeti
April 16th, 2022, 07:51 AM
The livery editor is not terribly intuitive. But, its no worse than any of the ones I remember from Forza so I guess that's mostly a console thing.

So far the only car I've done a paint scheme for is my '89 Corvette. I did a livery for it loosely based on one of Billy Dingman's IMSA GTO Pontiac Trans Ams from the mid 80s. Fun, but took a while for a pretty simple scheme.

Rikadyn
April 16th, 2022, 09:33 AM
There are a few improvements to the livery creator from gt sport, but how the decals and searching is done, somehow got worse...

Rare White Ape
April 16th, 2022, 02:50 PM
I always had a better time searching decals via the web for GT Sport. Iíd have my iPad with me on the couch while using the paint editor and add decals to my collection without having to go to a different menu.

I donít know if itís even possible on the GT7 website!

Godson
April 16th, 2022, 10:04 PM
The livery editor is not terribly intuitive. But, its no worse than any of the ones I remember from Forza so I guess that's mostly a console thing.

So far the only car I've done a paint scheme for is my '89 Corvette. I did a livery for it loosely based on one of Billy Dingman's IMSA GTO Pontiac Trans Ams from the mid 80s. Fun, but took a while for a pretty simple scheme.

Photo, please :)

Rare White Ape
April 19th, 2022, 04:05 PM
News today is that the Toyota GR010 Hypercar will be added to GT7 in the coming weeks.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt7-toyota-gr010-hypercar-20220418/?fbclid=IwAR2RHerqQ5ySUaI_1TybbIAK-q-EPT5jVeFw_xSdMc_ibcctO3YuCElVfWI

This info is based on the Toyota GT Cup schedule showing a race at Le Mans with the GR010 as the car being used on June 5th.

MR2 Fan
April 20th, 2022, 07:57 AM
:eek:

Yeti
April 22nd, 2022, 10:10 AM
Photo, please :)

Not really done but it’s a start.

Kchrpm
April 22nd, 2022, 11:50 AM
IT'S BEAUTIFUL

MR2 Fan
April 22nd, 2022, 11:57 AM
Countach 25th Anniversary is available, as is the SuperBird in the Hagerty legend cars area...picked both up.

I'd like an early model Diablo with the pop-up headlights, haven't checked if that's officially in the game or not. Weird there's no Ferrari 355 either.

Rare White Ape
April 24th, 2022, 04:59 PM
Update this week:

Top: Subaru BRZ GT300, bottom left: Suzuki Cappuccino, bottom right: 2021 Subaru BRZ road car

https://www.gtplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/image-54.jpg

SkylineObsession
April 25th, 2022, 07:40 PM
Haven't driven any FR cars yet to see how the handling has changed, but 4WD cars are still just as sidewaysy as they were prior to the update, so hope they try fix that soon. My 700hp R32 GT-R with huge wing and front aero gets ridiculously sideways when i put the power down, unless i have traction control on 1.

It's basically how i'm playing the game at the mo - the first GT game in 20+ years that i've had to turn on traction control just to drive the majority of the cars in the game. Almost every other GT game i've never had to use any aides other than ABS. It's extremely annoying to be honest, as the cars lack of grip just remind me of high hp cars in the Forza Motorsport games, where they have bead traction probs. Except in GT7's case almost all cars are uncontrollable no matter the drivetrain, it's the worst it's ever been in a GT game.

I'm still not getting too much enjoyment out of the game to be honest, the fvcking rolling start races are seriously killing the fun factor vibes, and i'm basically just playing to get the daily mileage done in the hope it gives me credits or a car. Have won about two or three cars, the last one being a Ferrari F8 Tributo after doing the k's yesterday.
I also play to get credits to upgrade the cars in my garage, predominantly visually usually.

Other than that, this game is still one of my least favourite GT games at this stage. :( Still hoping for further improvements. Some i'm almost confident will never happen (standing start races, higher HP figures, a New Zealand track).

tcheph
April 27th, 2022, 11:44 AM
there's a difference to me in the way fr/mr cars drive after the update. i don't know if it's "good" but to me it's "easier".

also love the valvoline paint job.

SkylineObsession
April 27th, 2022, 06:45 PM
Not sure how the JGTC Castrol Toms Supra drove before the update, but it handles bloody good at the moment. Almost enough for me to consider turning TCS off to test if i can still control it.

The video below was only my third ever time driving it, in one of the championship races (the first menu book where you use race cars?). Tried about four or five times to upload this in-game to the GT servers, but it kept coming up with errors, so had to use the PS4 record video feature instead.

Lap done in in-car view, GT is probably the only franchise i can race in the interior view and still be fast/clean. Still haven't figured out why. And the lap wasn't as clean as i would have liked, and missed a few apexes, but it was my first time driving this car on this track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BPhtstGrC4&t=2s

On another note, the lighting at the Ring in this race made the track look more real than i've ever seen before in a videogame, some sections it almost looked photorealistic.

And since there was talk about livery searching above, is anyone else a bit frustrated with the search feature for liveries, photos etc in GT Sport and GT7? Like how it sorts via days, instead of dates you specify or just a specific car/livery etc? I know it'd probably be a hell of a lot of bandwidth used by searching without the 'your search results uploaded on this day' function as it currently is. But it would make it a lot less time consuming for us users. Nothing worse than loading and loading and loading days after days after days of liveries just to find one uploaded a year ago that you were after.

JoeW
April 27th, 2022, 06:52 PM
I used the Tom’s Supra for a lot of things :) Detuned, different tires etc. It’s basically a cheat car.

Finally got around to playing GT7 tonight after a few weeks off due to working etc. Managed to hold the last two S license tests. The 917 was a bit of a struggle but eventually it happened.

So gold on all licenses so I can rest easy tonight and try other parts of the game now :)

Dicknose
April 27th, 2022, 09:49 PM
Im still a few S away from all golds.
Got the Interlagos one my 2nd go. Then jumped into S10... oh my, not something to try at midnight when a bit pissed! (aussie pissed - drunk, not angry)

Enjoying having my wheel and seat with me. Luckily the rest of the household is away for a few weeks, so its sitting in the lounge room just in front of the tv.

Tom Servo
April 28th, 2022, 07:56 AM
I've got the last two still to go. Got bronze on S-9, then on S-10 I don't even think I've made it to Bruxelles without the car just flinging itself off the track.

Tom Servo
April 28th, 2022, 03:54 PM
Whew, S-9 down.

Rikadyn
April 30th, 2022, 12:04 PM
So I bought a Tomahawk to grind with and nothing I do brings it below 1200pp

Edit : got it but have to run intermediates

Tom Servo
April 30th, 2022, 02:01 PM
My god, S-10 is irritating.

Rikadyn
April 30th, 2022, 03:13 PM
Is there really any need for the S-license?

JoeW
April 30th, 2022, 04:31 PM
Not yet. It’s just for “fun” :)

Tom Servo
May 1st, 2022, 08:33 AM
Argh, 962 C in the legendary cars right now for 1.5M. That'll about halve my bank account.

JoeW
May 1st, 2022, 04:21 PM
It’s insane how expensive cars are in comparison to the prize money. And especially how much they charge you in actual money for credits. $20 for 2mil? Some of those legendary cars could cost $100 or more.

Tom Servo
May 1st, 2022, 06:12 PM
It really is. I've been trying to keep track of how prizes shake out for me on the marathon wheelspin thing just to make sure it's as bad as it feels, and of the last 9 spins I've had, 8 of them have given me the one that was the smallest amount of money.

Dicknose
May 2nd, 2022, 01:59 PM
The roulette is not even close to equal chance. Im about 9/10 being the least money, the few that haven't have been "invitations" or car parts that are less value than the cash.
I dont mind that they aren't equal, but it could do with a better spread of chances. And maybe some way of indicating the chances. Which can make it feel like a conspiracy to have to buy credits.
At the moment it just feels like the prize/roulette/car prices is all rigged badly, that can leave people feeling annoyed and angry at the game/developers.

JoeW
May 2nd, 2022, 05:01 PM
For the first time the other day I won one of those trophy looking things with the Lamborghini symbol on it. I thought I had won a random Lambo so I was a little excited until I realized it was just an invitation to buy a Lambo. Wtf.

The whole system needs revamping. The invitation thing is dumb. The random winning of parts is stupid…especially for cars you don’t even own. Maybe if they let me sell them it wouldn’t be so bad.

Rikadyn
May 2nd, 2022, 05:14 PM
I have gotten a pace car from it, but anything sub 50k cr is a fuckin insult mate

SkylineObsession
May 2nd, 2022, 10:05 PM
Okay, so custom races are all but dead to me now after discovering just how bad the rubberbanding is the other night.

I entered the 20 car custom race in my standard Mk.III Supra (less than 300hp?) and the rest of the field was mixed hp, a few standard cars (Mk.IV Supra, S4 RX-7, Fiat 500 for sh1ts and giggles and so on) and a few modified cars (700hp+ R32 GT-R, R33 GT-R, Mitsi GTO, Ford GT etc) and a few super sports cars (two Ferraris, a few Porsches) and a couple of race cars (Castrol Tom's Supra).

My desire was that if i set the laps high enough (usually about five or six laps - this recorded race i did just for YouTube, with half the amount of laps) that my faster cars would eventually lap me, and i was also keen to see how the faster cars would fare against each other. I tried this on Fuji short, Tsukuba and HSR.

I also changed the AI difficulty to hard in the main menu (usually have it on easy) and in the custom race menu i selected professional difficulty.

At the start everyone rocketed off under full power, just as i hoped they would, but then BEFORE the first corner on High Speed Ring they were already starting to drive at 95% throttle plus there was a driving aid (not sure what aid it is for) symbol constantly flashing for the entirety of the rest of the race for most of the field (which you can actually hear in the vid, the tyres are constantly chirping on most cars). They all slowed DRAMATICALLY, especially around corners, and in the end my less than 300hp Supra, on the HIGH Speed Ring track, ended up in fvcking third place...

What a load of utter horse shit. :down: :smh:

Polyphony Digital employees and/or Kazunori Yamauchi; On the very slim off chance you're reading this, GET RID OF THE DAMN RUBBERBANDING AI!! Or at least give us the option to turn it off in custom races!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgTVs77Yuqs

Starting to hate this game all over again. :angry: It's still a weird feeling, actually hating a GT game. :| :( :random:

Rare White Ape
May 2nd, 2022, 10:57 PM
Bruh.

If you want more difficult racing you should try multiplayer, or a different game.

We should all know by now that GT is a lost cause when it comes to racing against AI.

SkylineObsession
May 3rd, 2022, 01:49 AM
I'm just such a big fan of the series that i hate seeing it continually get worse. Which is why i get a bit too 'emotional' like in my above post.

It used to be great, but then over the past few games they start dumbing it down more and more, and 'assisting' the AI or the player (keeping them close to you, like in arcade games) and so on.

The AI in Sport i thought was probably their best work yet (until the update that made them brake randomly if you got too close), and they've screwed it up with GT7. And increased the rubberbanding. And stuffed the car handling. Made a mess of career mode (don't fix what isn't broken seems like something they haven't heard before). Etcetera.

Forza is about the only other car game i play (tried Project Cars 1 & 2, couldn't get used to the handling), and i prefer Horizon over Motorsport, even though i usually buy both. I think i've got every Motorsport game and every Horizon game except for FH5 (i didn't feel like paying full price for it, and haven't completed FH3 or FH4 to my satisfaction yet).

And in terms of more difficult racing, i can't really play online games against randoms :random: :random: :random: :random: :random: :random: anymore because my anxiety has gotten worse over the past couple years and i find it too stressful racing/gaming with people i don't know and my heart goes all mental, so for my health's sake i had to give up most online gaming (it got so bad that in real life i couldn't even eat in restaurants anymore, go to the movies and other such things for a while, because i kept having panic attacks).
I also decided to play all games on the easiest possible mode to reduce my stress levels (not possible in some games though).

Long story short, GT to me is like the hair on my head. It was once great, but it's slowly fading away and soon there'll be a big gap where it used to be so healthy. I don't want it to go, but i'm basically helpless.

Rare White Ape
May 3rd, 2022, 02:31 AM
Ahh I get ya. Sorry to hear about the anxiety.

One thing I did in the first week of GT7 was set up a race with GT3 cars, max difficulty and smallest rolling start it would allow me.

It was very, very difficult. I suggest you give it a go!

If you're having trouble setting it up and getting the same result I did, I'll fire up the PS4 and see if I can get the race settings for you.

SkylineObsession
May 3rd, 2022, 02:39 AM
Cheers. I think the meds i'm on now are helping. Just taking things slow at the mo and it seems to be working okay.

The custom races i've done in the past haven't been too bad as i've been in a car either slightly slower than the rest, the same or more powerful than other cars, not such a huge handicap like in my clip above. I think that's what got me really, knowing that there's severe rubberbanding if you're in a significantly slower car. But yeah, i'll still create custom races, i just won't bother trying to set up huge handicap ones now i know they don't work.

But what i will be doing in future races is keeping a close eye on the AI in replays to see if they are slowing to wait up or speeding to keep up.

tcheph
May 6th, 2022, 05:05 AM
hey at least its more than 6 cars.

for grinding money i have enjoyed the 15 lap race at sardegna. down-tune a gr1 car and its pretty fun. challenging enough in some cars that you aren't drooling by the end, but easy enough that a bad corner or spin isn't going to end the day. it's 485k but guaranteed clean race makes it 720. takes 24-26 minutes with a one stop.

if you want to start low-key low-stress friendly racing im up for it. I'm no fan of the rando lobbies.

JoeW
May 6th, 2022, 08:53 AM
Yeah I race with a clean league. I’d be down for some gtx member racing.

Tom Servo
May 6th, 2022, 10:03 AM
Would also be down, but it'll still feel weird not just uploading replays from a dexdrive.

JoeW
May 6th, 2022, 10:42 AM
Been awhile since the dexdrive days :)

SkylineObsession
May 6th, 2022, 06:37 PM
Might be hard to find the right time to race GTX'ers given most of you are in the USA or thereabouts, but i think from memory i've online gamed with some of you early or mid afternoon here. Or morning. Or lunchtime.

Anyway. With all the talk of S-10 licence from many GT players, i really wasn't looking forward to it. I think the first time i managed to get across the line i'd got a silver time (after maybe 15-20 attempts to get a lap done without spinning) and the second or maybe third time (although i think it was the second) i managed to complete another lap, it was a gold time just below that of RWA i think. I uploaded my replay to the GT7 server/online thingy if anyone wants to take a mosey at it.

It was definitely NOT a clean lap, and i'd been a lot faster and smoother on many other attempts only to end up spinning near the end. So i think i can probably be half a second or more faster if i got a tidy lap in. But after trying it for an hour or so i figured i was just happy with the gold.

I 'cheated' and used TCS on 1 and ASM.

tcheph
May 10th, 2022, 01:18 PM
lol, i cheated for real, full assists across the board, but i did it before the handling update so 50/50.

Tom Servo
May 17th, 2022, 08:31 AM
Somehow I never noticed Scapes Movies. They are the screensaver I always wish I'd had.

JoeW
May 17th, 2022, 09:50 AM
https://chng.it/7R5symCtBw

Link to petition regarding GT7 online lobbies being fixed.

Tom Servo
May 23rd, 2022, 02:13 PM
Is there a way to report drivers in sport mode? I'm getting really tired of rammers/blockers/whatever.

Rare White Ape
May 23rd, 2022, 10:51 PM
You can report player behaviour via PSN, but guess what kinda load of nope they would apply to actually dealing with it. They ainít iRacing.

Probably best to stick to private leagues, or be so fast that you end up in the top 16.

Tom Servo
May 24th, 2022, 02:25 PM
Yeah...I see you can report behavior but all the categories are like "they were running child porn liveries" or "they yelled the n-word a lot."

It's a bummer, the penalty system is very broken and there's no way it seems to stay away from dipshits. I'm already bored of the single player events, multiplayer is a shitshow, and you earn so little money from anything that even the car collecting aspect feels out of reach.

I was so excited for this game :(

JoeW
May 24th, 2022, 04:16 PM
We’d love to have you in the league we run in on GTPlanet.

Tom Servo
May 24th, 2022, 09:02 PM
I may very well take you up on that.

JoeW
May 25th, 2022, 02:45 AM
There is a Spec racing league that races on Sunday nights. Tuning prohibited. No mods and we all run the same cars. Multiple divisions so you are on track with people who are close to your speed level. And promotion/relegation.

Www.snailracing.org

Under the same umbrella are a couple of tuning series on Friday nights. A Porsche Spec series and a GR4 series.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/snail-porsche-gt3-supercup-challenge-season-3-to-resume-on-gt7-for-event-8-winner-fruitloop31-congratulations.399354/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt7-michelin-pilot-gt4-cup-challenge-presented-by-snail-season-3-primary-roster-full-reserves-now-being-accepted.406376/

Feel free to peruse the threads and read the rules of each to see if you want to check it out. I have been with this Snail group since 2012.

Several GT Academy finalists have come from Snail. A few still race with us.

Jason
May 25th, 2022, 06:02 AM
There needs to be a Fiat 500 bumper car division

(I stopped playing, but I'll probably pick this back up later in the year after they make various updates. I always forget every game is released in beta form these days)

Tom Servo
May 27th, 2022, 04:59 PM
I'll have to see what can work with my schedule - Sunday nights are particularly problematic, so there's that. That's been my main problem with any sort of organized racing though, finding a good time that works week to week for that large of a time block.

Another question - why do they call them daily races if they happen every half hour or so and change weekly?

tcheph
May 27th, 2022, 08:51 PM
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/user/mymenu/dfc28ef7-954f-4b81-9b0a-2052589826ef/gallery/All/19422340868475813

this one's for the thinking drinkers

Rare White Ape
May 27th, 2022, 09:53 PM
Back when GT Sport came out they actually had them changing daily, but then switched to a weekly format.

Tom Servo
May 28th, 2022, 02:24 PM
Looks like there's a bug with the AI that appears to pre-date the new 1.15 version as I ran into it a few days ago before the patch came out. Sometimes, when the AI pits, it'll actually come out of the pits ahead of where it would have been if it hadn't pitted at all.

I thought maybe I was mistaken when I did one of those 10-lap accelerated tire wear/fuel usage races when this happened. I was short shifting and running lean trying to do the whole race without pitting. At one point I'd made it to third and then saw first, second, and fourth all pit on lap 9, then somehow afterwards I was in fourth rather than third. Now there are a bunch of videos popping up on Reddit of AI cars pulling off into the pits directly in front of the player and then reappearing on the track even farther ahead at pit exit.

So - don't bother with any endurance type events or accelerated wear/fuel races. Or if you do, be grateful the AI doesn't pit every lap, because then you'd be well and truly fucked.

Rare White Ape
May 28th, 2022, 03:02 PM
I think thatís because the game doesnít handle the pit lane travel time very realistically. You basically auto-pit as soon as you get to pit entrance (often at 300km/h rather than safe pit speed) then wait for the pit stop animation, then are teleported to pit exit.

It might be dependent on the track too. If there was a long pit lane in GT Sport you'd only lose 4 seconds when pitting, which really killed any tyre or fuel saving strategy.

Tom Servo
May 28th, 2022, 05:18 PM
At least in this case, the AI are going through the pits at a higher average speed than the cars that aren't pitting. They're literally gaining time - I lost a spot to a car in the pits while I stayed out.

Tom Servo
June 1st, 2022, 09:22 AM
I'm starting to think the key to fixing online racing is damage. Even if you're not dishing out time penalties, causing actual damage to your car by ramming other drivers might make people think twice about doing it.

I know it hasn't cured everything in iRacing, but iRacing's still a hell of a lot better than this.

Tom Servo
June 1st, 2022, 11:32 AM
In other news, enjoyable set of videos about the first four GT games (and similar racing games) from Digital Foundry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kklS0RyrvFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo3BEvmaMIM

Rare White Ape
June 1st, 2022, 01:35 PM
I'm starting to think the key to fixing online racing is damage. Even if you're not dishing out time penalties, causing actual damage to your car by ramming other drivers might make people think twice about doing it.

I know it hasn't cured everything in iRacing, but iRacing's still a hell of a lot better than this.

iRacing is so far ahead of GT that it’s almost a joke. The golden era was in 2018/19, before they started experimenting with the penalty system. The racing was a lot cleaner, even in B and C lobbies. Then they took away collision penalties and people started ramming their way to the podium, and that completely messed with the organic make-up of the rankings. It was never the same after that.

One thing I did notice was that the Nations and Manufacterers Cup races were always a lot better in terms of behaviour. They only took place on two nights each week and directly affected the best drivers’ ability to get into the top 16. For people in the top 100 it was their chance to try and improve.

I haven’t tried GT7 online at all but I’d be curious to see if the Cup races are the same as they were in GTS. If they are it might be a good idea to only take part in those races and have a better time of it, and save wasting your life in the daily races.

samoht
June 2nd, 2022, 08:20 AM
Somehow since the handling update, I've lost interest in GT7. That may be total co-incidence, but it just hasn't grabbed me in the same way any more. Maybe I'll get back into it in future.

XHawkeye
June 2nd, 2022, 04:30 PM
In other news, enjoyable set of videos about the first four GT games (and similar racing games) from Digital Foundry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kklS0RyrvFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo3BEvmaMIM

Thanks for the link, those were the games.

Tom Servo
June 5th, 2022, 05:23 PM
Haven't been playing every day or tracking that long, but for my own curiosity I've been keeping track of how often the roulette wheel thing gives me the "lowest amount of cash" prize out of the 5. So far, we're at 14 out of 20 times.

Yeti
June 5th, 2022, 07:46 PM
Haven't been playing every day or tracking that long, but for my own curiosity I've been keeping track of how often the roulette wheel thing gives me the "lowest amount of cash" prize out of the 5. So far, we're at 14 out of 20 times.

In the entire time I've played I've only gotten one million credit spin on the wheel. Still no cars won, 90+ percent of the spins end with the smallest monetary prize. Have won a crankshaft for the Crown pace car though, which is cool I guess...

JoeW
June 5th, 2022, 08:06 PM
I won a engine for an RX7…which is probably realistically something a RX7 owner might eventually need.

Dicknose
June 6th, 2022, 02:57 PM
So far, we're at 14 out of 20 times.
Thats good!

My first few non-lowest cash were all "invites" for things I couldn't afford.

Tom Servo
June 11th, 2022, 08:02 AM
I haven't been doing much of the grinding out credits stuff that others have, but just did the 700PP 30 minute race at Le Mans in my Alfa 156. Was actually kinda fun dealing with weather and fuel, and despite a few offs and a couple of collisions, I still got the clean race bonus for $825K. There might be a way to earn enough money to at least buy a few cars, so that's exciting.

Leon
June 11th, 2022, 07:26 PM
I won a engine for an RX7…which is probably realistically something a RX7 owner might eventually need.

Whaaaaa? So, you don't earn like a generic upgrade, you earn an upgrade for a specific vehicle you might or might not own or have any interest in owning?
That's um ... on the face of it, potentially one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in a game.

JoeW
June 11th, 2022, 09:49 PM
Yep. Very dumb. I’ve won a few stupid upgrade parts like nitrous etc for cars I don’t even own.

JoeW
June 11th, 2022, 09:51 PM
I haven't been doing much of the grinding out credits stuff that others have, but just did the 700PP 30 minute race at Le Mans in my Alfa 156. Was actually kinda fun dealing with weather and fuel, and despite a few offs and a couple of collisions, I still got the clean race bonus for $825K. There might be a way to earn enough money to at least buy a few cars, so that's exciting.

There is a Sardegna Road race for 800pp cars that gives you $750k and it takes about 25-27mins. That one is fun also.

MR2 Fan
June 12th, 2022, 10:16 PM
Yeah the lottery winning engine for swaps system is stupid and can't tell what engines "fit" into what cars.

Someone did find that you can put the V8 from the Audi R8 into the 2nd gen MR2...which IS something at least 2 people have done in real life.

dodint
June 13th, 2022, 05:42 AM

This sounds suspiciously like work, which is the antithesis of fun.

Tom Servo
June 13th, 2022, 06:28 AM
It somewhat is, but it significantly less like work than doing other races that pay out like 30K. At least I actually enjoyed this race. I imagine I'll feel differently after I've done it enough times, but on the first go around it was one of the better times I've had with the game so far and it actually paid out well, so win-win.

Tom Servo
June 13th, 2022, 03:06 PM
Gave it another shot, this time with the Tom's Supra, in the 30 minute Le Mans race. Actually brought rain tires with me, and paid attention to the weather radar, timing my pit stop to put on wet tires just before the rain arrived. Was going great. Ended up with about .2 laps worth of fuel and 2:35 left in the race, so dashed in for dry tires and some more fuel.

Managed to accidentally hit the button and set it to not refuel the car. Spent the next 20 or so seconds watching my little pit crew sit there while I frantically tried to figure out if there's a way to go back and change that. Then watched my car pull in, get new tires, and take off sans fuel.

It's a little too easy to accidentally say you don't want to refuel...

Tom Servo
June 16th, 2022, 07:30 PM
One of the things that I've hated about the economy in this game is that it's made me really hesitant to buy *any* car, for fear that I wouldn't have enough money when I car I really wanted showed up. Thankfully the regular money flow from the Le Mans endurance race has at least given me a feedback loop, I keep buying Gr.4 cars that'll qualify for it for less than what I get winning it, and then I keep trying with that car until I do win, and usually end up a couple million richer. I get a new car, I end up with more money. Huzzah.

Had some trouble getting the Viper GTS-R to win. Lots of bad luck with rain, in one it looked like it was going to be a deluge, so I pitted early and put on full wets. Then it waited two laps to rain, by the end of which my tires were absolutely demolished. Finally got it after judicious use of racing softs when it wasn't raining - the Viper just didn't have the grunt for the long straights, but tearing the shit out of those soft tires on the dry laps made up the difference.

I'm so happy I found a spot where I'm in this positive feedback loop with the game. I hope they have more of this. The roulette things are still bullshit though.

Rare White Ape
June 16th, 2022, 10:28 PM
I haven't played since month 1 of release. I really want the F1 GTR and that's it. I know it has already cycled through, and I didn't have the credits for it at the time. If I had played it for 25 hours a day for 7 straight days I would have had the money by the time the 4 days of availability had expired.

I'll probably get the car eventually. My iRacing account will have lapsed and I would have *literally* no other racing sim to enjoy on my PC or on any consoles to enable me to have the spare time to finish the cafe menu races and begrudgingly wade into the endgame content. All it requires is for me to get off my arse and unplug my rig from the PC and plug it into the PS4.

All it requires is for me to get off my arse and unplug my rig from the PC and plug it into the PS4.

Rare White Ape
June 22nd, 2022, 06:29 AM
Watkins Glen is on its way.

As is the Escudo Pikeís Peak.

And some other stuff.

Tom Servo
June 26th, 2022, 01:00 PM
There's a nice little glitch with the newest update. If you finish off the new extra menus in the cafe (basically owning the three right cars finishes it), you can the go to the cafe, go to "My Collection", then "Extra Menus" at the bottom, and click on any one of them, actually start it, and then just power through the whole speed by the cafe owner until the end, and you get the prize again. You can stock up on NSX rally cars if you want with the Honda one, but with the Toyota one you get a 4 star raffle ticket and with the Rotary one you get a 6 star all-engine-swap ticket each time you do this.

EDIT: You don't have to go through the whole speech apparently. Choose to start the menu and you get that scapes shot with the three cars in question and a little overlay telling you which menu it is, wait a second or so, and then hit O to back out of that. I've seen some people saying it just keeps working, but so far I've had to restart the game a few times between attempts to get it to keep working for me.

EDIT 2: You don't need to restart if you do them one at a time. Go into the extra menus, "start" the toyota one, go out to the garage to collect the 4-star, go into the extra menus, "start" the rotary one, go to the garage to collect the 6-star engine, rinse and repeat. It's a little annoying, but hey, lotsa engine swaps that are basically unlikely to ever be available to most players.

G'day Mate
June 26th, 2022, 09:09 PM
Well, I've had GT7 for a little while now and playing a few times a week. Finished all the main menus so trying to get through the "Human Comedy" driving missions but bloody hell, some of them are hard. I haven't come even close to winning any of them, and there's others where I know if I have one big spin I might as well re-start.

Tom Servo
June 26th, 2022, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I had to get through the Audi Quattro rally one on the second set of missions to get the '90 RX-7 you need for the glitch. It's beyond frustrating when the autopilot AI cars crash into you and you get disqualified for it.

Yeti
June 27th, 2022, 08:03 AM
I finally won a car in a roulette spin. Some kind of newer Shelby Mustang.

G'day Mate
June 28th, 2022, 01:06 AM
Ok last night I finally won one of the one-hour "Human Comedy" driving mission races - woo! That last one though ... SO HARD!!

Yeti
June 28th, 2022, 05:35 AM
The trio of Kei-car races are a real ass. I don't think I did better than second on any of them.

Kchrpm
June 28th, 2022, 07:56 PM
Did another night of racing at my friend's, this time mostly online racing. We took turns on the Gr3 Watkins Glen daily race, and I could see doing that for several hours every week. I did notice it is luck of the draw, though, as there are so few options that I could presume there would be a week that had no track/car combos that I enjoyed.

JoeW
July 6th, 2022, 11:57 AM
Might be better to get into an online racing group that caters to all driving abilities...like the one I am in ;) Race night is Sunday. 3 different combos...2 15-20min races at each combo. Night runs a couple of hours. Several different divisions for your skill level. From GT Academy fast to fairly inexperienced. But only clean racing. Full Incident reporting process with stewards, penalizing etc. Only spec racing. No mods of any kind and no tuning. Let me know if interested.

Kchrpm
July 6th, 2022, 12:15 PM
I ended up getting my own setup so I'm looking for a group to race with on ACC for XBox instead!