The359
January 6th, 2014, 12:06 PM
we're going back in time now? ;)

Random
January 6th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Fixed. ;)

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Are the poll options limited to 10 or were 22 too many?

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2014, 01:13 PM
With the first test of 2014 due to being three weeks from tomorrow, Lotus have become the first team to confirm their new contender will not be ready in time.

“We’re going to keep our car under wraps a little longer than some other teams,” said technical director Nick Chester. “We’ve decided that attending the Jerez test isn’t ideal for our build and development programme.”

I guess, Yay! for Hulkenberg not getting that seat, after all.

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Great tweet from Lotus, regarding proposed regulations: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbMxMdJCYAERKfd.jpg:large

FaultyMario
January 10th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Career numbers have been announced.

Chosen number Driver Team
1 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull
3 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull
44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
6 Nico Rosberg Mercedes
14 Fernando Alonso Ferrari
7 Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari
8 Romain Grosjean Lotus
13 Pastor Maldonado Lotus
22 Jenson Button McLaren
20 Kevin Magnussen McLaren
27 Nico Hulkenberg Force India
11 Sergio Perez Force India
99 Adrian Sutil Sauber
21 Esteban Gutierrez Sauber
25 Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso
26 Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso
19 Felipe Massa Williams
77 Valtteri Bottas Williams
17 Jules Bianchi Marussia
TBA Max Chilton Marussia
TBA TBA Caterham
TBA TBA Caterham

I just hope Vettel's isn't a sign of a career number for him.

SV career # is 15, the one he won his first Monza with

Freude am Fahren
January 10th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Pastor :up:

I wonder what the order of picking was and if any had to take their second choice.

Random
January 10th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Surprised Kimi didn't take 69. :D Hunt was a #7, though, so that makes sense.

FaultyMario
January 10th, 2014, 10:28 PM
we're going back in time now? ;)

Fixed. ;)

Got it!

FaultyMario
January 14th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Surprised Kimi didn't take 69. :D Hunt was a #7, though, so that makes sense.

“There’s no particular story linked to it,” he said. “It’s the number I already had last year and I saw no reason to change it. I like it which is good enough isn’t it?”

:rolleyes:

Kchrpm
January 16th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Bernie Ecclestone steps down...sort of?

http://jalopnik.com/king-of-f1-bernie-ecclestone-steps-down-over-45-mill-b-1502641754

So Ecclestone is stepping down from his position on the board of Delta Topco, part of the web of corporate identities headed by Ecclestone that maintain control over F1. According to the BBC, though, he'll still be in charge of day-to-day operations. That means that nothing has really changed at the top of F1 for now, but if Ecclestone is found guilty, somebody new will take over.

tigeraid
January 21st, 2014, 10:18 AM
Kobayashi!!!!! :hard:

Unfortunately, we'll be watching him drift around 4 seconds off the pace at the back of the grid... :|

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/01/kobayashi-and-ericsson-complete-2014-grid-van-der-garde-takes-reserve-role-at-sauber/

Caterham F1 have today announced Kamui Kobayashi and Marcus Ericsson as their 2014 race drivers, and in doing so have completed this year’s Formula One grid.

Ericsson will race with the number 9 and Kobayashi 10.

The line-up has been expected in recent weeks with Kobayashi always on the verge of a race seat following his untimely exit at the end on 2012, when it seemed he had a budget in place to retain his seat at Sauber. However, the funding behind Esteban Gutierrez and the signing of Nico Hulkenberg left the popular Japanese driver looking elsewhere.

After a year in the World Endurance Championship racing for Ferrari, the twenty-seven year old returns to F1 at the start of an exciting era.

“For me, it’s a great honour that the team hired me based on the value I bring in racing terms and the experience I have.” said Kobayashi.

“I first visited the factory in Leafield just before Christmas and it’s clear how hungry the whole team is to make progress. Last year was a tough season but the new rules this year mean that everyone in F1 is starting again and, that means everybody has a chance to improve. From what I’ve seen, Caterham now has everything in place to progress this year and for many seasons to come.”

The359
January 21st, 2014, 01:25 PM
Kobayashi had an offer from Ferrari for an extended contract in FIA WEC plus taking over the F1 team's simulator work, but Kobayashi turned it down for a seat at Caterham, for free.

That's a big gamble to try and impress on such a backmarker team. How long will Caterham keep a free driver around when they can get one that brings money? Tony Fernandes has already said if Caterham doesn't improve in 2014, he's out of F1.

tigeraid
January 21st, 2014, 02:15 PM
Wow. That seems like a spectacularly dumb idea.

Especially when you figure Kimi, even if everything goes PERFECTLY, will likely only be around Ferrari for another couple seasons.

Freude am Fahren
January 21st, 2014, 02:16 PM
I read in autoweek that there are rumors of someone trying to put together an F1 race in Miami. I cannot see it ever happening without them building a new track. I just don't know of anywhere suitable.

Random
January 21st, 2014, 06:03 PM
Since when has that mattered? :p

FaultyMario
January 22nd, 2014, 08:03 PM
Ron Dennis is back at the helm of McLaren group, I'm not sure if that means McLarenF1 too. Anyway, as a warm up for the 2014 season, here's an insightful article from Motorsport:

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/mosleys-legacy-still-felt-in-f1/

Max, almost as an aside, explained how he’d just leased out F1’s commercial rights to Bernie Ecclestone for a further 100 years once the then-current deal expired in 2010. He then moved onto how the FIA had helped research into the design of a safer helmet – then swiftly left.

Not only did Max’s long-time close associate Bernie now have F1’s commercial rights until 2110, he’d acquired them for the sum of just $360 million (or less than one year’s F1 revenue and about one-and-a-half years’ of profit at the time). Or about as much as would cover NASCAR’s commercial rights for one year, not 100.

Max agreeing it was a good idea to grant those rights for such a valuably long time has caused the sport to be financially raped ever since.

One of those speaking out when the rights were originally transferred from the team collective FOCA (with Bernie at the helm) to Bernie’s own company FOM was Ron Dennis. Back in 1997 he was perceived as the ringleader of a dissent that played its part in the thwarting of a planned stock market floatation of the sport. From that moment on, Ron was watching his back.

M4FFU
January 23rd, 2014, 01:43 AM
I do worry about Koba. I could kinda see it if Caterham were moving forward, but they did the exact opposite last year and when the owner is dancing with the idea of pulling the plug, seems an odd place to put all your eggs.

Rob
January 23rd, 2014, 04:51 AM
:rolleyes:

No way. That Kimi response is fantastic.

Rob
January 23rd, 2014, 04:53 AM
SV career # is 15, the one he won his first Monza with

Everywhere I have seen, he's picked 5, not 15.

FaultyMario
January 23rd, 2014, 09:57 AM
I stand corrected. It's 5, as in the number he sported in 2010.

FaultyMario
February 7th, 2014, 05:47 AM
I might later regret this, but, as for how things are shaping up, here's a wager on Rosberg 2014 WDC.

Godson
February 7th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Why would you regret that?

And are we going to have the fantasy again this year?

Alan P
February 7th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Put some money on Raikkonen and an EW on Button.

FaultyMario
February 7th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Why would you regret that?

And are we going to have the fantasy again this year?

Because jinxed?

Godson
February 8th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Fair enough.

Kchrpm
February 8th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Where do the fantasy driver costs come from?

G'day Mate
February 8th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Fantasy League F1 - just checked and it's not updated with 2014 prices yet.

Godson
February 8th, 2014, 10:42 PM
:up:

balki
February 18th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Fantasy League F1 - just checked and it's not updated with 2014 prices yet.
They're up! (can you tell i'm antsy!?!)

30 S Vettel
24 L Hamilton
22 F Alonso
20 K Raikkonen
20 N Rosberg
18 J Button
16 D Ricciardo
14 K Magnussen
12 R Grosjean
10 P Maldonado
10 F Massa
10 N Hulkenberg
9 V Bottas
9 S Perez
8 A Sutil
7 E Gutierrez
6 JE Vergne
5 D Kvyat
4 M Ericsson
4 K Kobayashi
4 J Bianchi
4 M Chilton

Kchrpm
February 18th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Use the first sheet if you need help making your team. It doesn't iterate for multiple users or anything, so yeah, play nice :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1293endHrPgH2nJvIKU1bRbUj2U0Ivhn0l8vGqKje8GI/edit?usp=sharing

Working on making sure the rest of the sheets work, just now seeing the last round double point thing.

Kchrpm
February 18th, 2014, 07:43 PM
I'm looking at Hamilton, Hulkenberg, Vergne...

balki
February 18th, 2014, 08:21 PM
kimi and nico!
i called dibs (assuming it's still pick 40)

drivers seem more expensive than ever (thus limiting the # of use-able unique teams)
maybe with the rule changes Marussia and Caterham will score a few points

Godson
February 19th, 2014, 06:18 AM
G'Day usually changes the value of them to allow for more variability.

Godson
February 19th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Kimi, Ricci, Kobay

Freude am Fahren
February 19th, 2014, 06:04 PM
My team would be,
Nico Rosberg
Nico Hulkenberg
Nico Massaberg

We'll see if G'day's points are the same though.

Freude am Fahren
March 13th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Practice one starts in just under 90 minutes, boys! And it's on NBCSN. I don't know if that's just because it's the first race, the time zone, or if they plan on airing all FP1s this year?

And continuing the talk of a possible 100% attrition rate, Whiting says the GP will be stopped if all cars stop. I would say, "duh," but I think they should just go to a time limit, in case anyone is able to get back out and do a few more laps and maybe take over positions. Watching two or more teams go nuts in the garage, knowing whichever one can make it out first, or at all could take the win could be just as exciting as some of the races are.

“But if it came to the situation where no cars were running, we'd just simply stop the race, because there wouldn't be much of one, would there? But being serious, I think that would be the only option. If the race couldn't be restarted, as the rules say, then the results would be declared at the lap prior to the one during which the race was stopped, and whoever was running at that time would be the winner.”

FaultyMario
March 13th, 2014, 04:38 PM
I raise my hand for time limit in case of multiple retirements too. It's a team sport goddammit!

Freude am Fahren
March 13th, 2014, 05:40 PM
And who would have though: Hamilton's Mercedes the first* to fail.

Perhaps only by default that some teams don't seem to be able to even get out of the garage (Lotus and Red Bull, at least). It only took five minutes, heh.

overpowered
March 15th, 2014, 10:59 PM
The new engines sound sickly.

tigeraid
March 16th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Kobayashi gonna Kobayashi.

Really pleasantly surprised by the pace of Williams. It was just so nice to watch a reasonably good race with several names in the top 5 we don't normally see.

Ricciardo and Magnussen are the real deal.

Did they ever elaborate on Hamilton's engine problems? I mean the car appeared to be running perfectly when they parked it. Maybe they detected a boost leak or something?

MR2 Fan
March 16th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Lewis mentioned cylinder issues, same as Sebastian but who knows if that's really what it was....so many new things to go wrong!

Kobayashi...not sure if he caused it, it looked a bit like the brake bias problem like Kimi was having.

Crazed_Insanity
March 16th, 2014, 12:58 PM
The fuel flow rate regulation is pretty stupid IMHO.

RB's claiming FIA sensors can be faulty and unreliable..., but anyway, if you're being warned about it, it's probably good idea to listen otherwise you'd risk disqualification.

Anyway, if there's a fuel limit, why not just allow the teams to use it up how ever they want til the last drop to cross the finish line? Why must they rely on such sensor to monitor fuel flow, whether reliable or not?

Hope this sort of things won't happen on a regular basis to ruin the show.

tigeraid
March 16th, 2014, 03:05 PM
http://en.espnf1.com/australia/motorsport/story/149695.html

Ricciardo disqualified from Australian Grand Prix

Daniel Ricciardo has been stripped of his second place finish at the Australian Grand Prix after his car was considered to be in breach of fuel flow regulations.

According to the FIA sensor fitted to the car, the Red Bull exceeded the maximum allowed fuel flow of 100kg per hour, and after over five hours of deliberations the stewards ruled the car was run illegally. They stated the car was not only in breach of the fuel flow regulation (Article 5.1.4 of the technical regulations) but also Article 3.2 of the sporting regulations, which requires team to ensure compliance with the technical regulations throughout the event.

Red Bull made clear that it intends to appeal the decision.

The debate over the legality of the car centres on the FIA fuel flow sensor fitted within. After differences between the sensor's readings and the team's readings during Friday practice, Red Bull fitted a new sensor on Saturday, which failed during qualifying. For the race the FIA technical representative instructed the team to revert to the original sensor from Friday and apply an offset to make up for the discrepancies in the readings.

Red Bull considered the original fuel flow sensor to be unreliable and for the start of the race chose to use its "internal fuel flow model ... with the required offset" instead. However, a technical directive issued on March 1 states that only the FIA, and not individual teams, can decide if an alternative fuel flow measure can be used.

"If at any time we [the FIA] consider that the sensor has an issue which has not been detected by the system we will communicate this to the team concerned and switch to a backup system," read an extract from the FIA technical directive (TD/ 016-14).

According to the governing body, the FIA technical representative contacted the team during the race saying the fuel flow was too high and gave them "the opportunity to follow his previous instruction and reduce the fuel flow such that it was within the limit ... and thus gave the team the opportunity to be within compliance". However, the team did not make the correction.

Someone's gonna have to help me out here... Why is there a restriction of gallons per hour? Why could you not just limit the total amount of fuel used?

Kchrpm
March 16th, 2014, 03:16 PM
They do both, I *think* to keep people from going full bore at the start and then everyone just going full on boring mileage race for the last half of the race.

MR2 Fan
March 16th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Sucks for Ricciardo, you run a near flawless race as a driver and this happens.

overpowered
March 16th, 2014, 03:47 PM
:angry:

Godson
March 16th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Wow, that's awesome :lol:

Rob
March 17th, 2014, 04:16 AM
I can't be unhappy whenever Christian Horner gets the shaft.

Dicknose
March 17th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Seems a silly rule backed up by a faulty sensor.
Not a good look for the sport.

balki
March 17th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Magnussen, Bottas, Ricciardo or Afrika, who impressed the most?
Magnussen's moment at the start could have ended his race (got it sideways into an open gap before the first corner)
While Bottas tapped the wall and caused the SC period he did go from 15th (gearbox change) up to 6th, back down to 16th then back up to 6th (5th after Ricciardo's DSQ)

tigeraid
March 17th, 2014, 08:37 AM
The third, and perhaps most damning, is that when the FIA told the team that there was a problem, Red Bull basically replied with "your thingy that measures the fuel pump is all over the place and a bit unreliable, so we'll just continue to use our own no matter what you say, thank you very much."

Basically, the FIA is saying that the team was cheating during practice, they told the team that they thought they were cheating, and to please stop it before the race, and Red Bull said "piss off" anyways.

http://jalopnik.com/why-daniel-ricciardo-was-disqualified-from-the-australi-1544920287

Eeeh... that kinda puts in a better perspective. I agree, fuck Adrian Newey. Sucks for Daniel though.

Oh hey, that means Button's on the podium!!! :D

Crazed_Insanity
March 17th, 2014, 09:19 AM
I doubt it was Newey's decision to ignore FIA's warnings.

Anyway, I guess RB was warned before hand. They chose to ignore the warning... and this is what they get.

Still, why does it have to take this LONG to DQ somebody? If FIA is pissed at RB for not complying to their demand, they should just DQ him right away or black flag him... sounds like FIA could monitor fuel flow in real time. Why not just imposed 1 min stop and go penalties right away vs waiting til hours after the race. Maybe they're just afraid of Aussies starting a riot? ;)

Lastly, I still think the fuel flow rate rule is stupid. We already have a set amount of fuel to use, why not let the teams manage how to use them during the race, instead of micro-managing the cars... with such unreliable sensors, it can't be good for the show if you have to change race results race after race... :smh:

balki
March 17th, 2014, 01:23 PM
100kg/h could be for both safety and sporting reasons;
without the fuel flow limit 1500hp over a flying lap should be attainable (in short bursts i'm thinking 2000hp would be possible)
sporting-wise, another crashgate could be attempted (use a lot of fuel, then have your teammate crash and bring out an extended fuel-friendly safety car period)

Dicknose
March 17th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Well then the sensors need to be reliable and accurate.

Freude am Fahren
March 17th, 2014, 01:57 PM
I thought there was already a boost limit, no? They wouldn't need a fuel flow limit if they had a boost limit, right?

Random
March 17th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Scanning through the technical regs, I don't see a boost limit. The fuel flow limit acts to do the same thing (limit power), without all the jiggery-pokery of policing boost limits.

Freude am Fahren
March 17th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Ah, ok.

overpowered
March 17th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Well then the sensors need to be reliable and accurate.Yep.

The evidence that they were over the limit is more than a little questionable.

Random
March 17th, 2014, 03:39 PM
At least F1 didn't penalize the wrong car... *cough*IMSA*cough* :lol:

Crazed_Insanity
March 19th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Scanning through the technical regs, I don't see a boost limit. The fuel flow limit acts to do the same thing (limit power), without all the jiggery-pokery of policing boost limits.

Wouldn't it be so much easier to monitor/regulate with a boost limit? Such as a valve that'd automatically pop up if pressure is exceeded? I guess they forgot they had a turbo engine? ;)

Or even with fuel flow, surely FIA could design some sort of valve that can perhaps just restrict fuel flow in real time rather than DQing somebody hrs after the race?

Right way to have done it is FIA putting their foot down on RB..., either you install our faulty sensor that monitors the fuel flow or we won't let you start Sunday's race! Or if FIA conceded that they had a faulty sensor and trusts RB's own sensor, then don't DQ the guy! Shouldn't have allowed the show to start like that.

What happened was a fiasco.

Random
March 19th, 2014, 08:47 AM
As I understand it, the sensor was installed; RB just weren't using it to monitor the fuel flow because they didn't believe/trust/etc the numbers it was giving.

Boost limits are notoriously hard to police--my brother's got some good stories about Audi in the World Challenge series. :D

Godson
March 19th, 2014, 12:48 PM
As I understand it, the sensor was installed; RB just weren't using it to monitor the fuel flow because they didn't believe/trust/etc the numbers it was giving.

Boost limits are notoriously hard to police--my brother's got some good stories about Audi in the World Challenge series. :D

This. You can create a "boost creep" condition. The only way to truly limit power is to limit fuel flow. I completely support the fuel flow regulation, I just wish they had other ways of allowing the teams more creativity with the engine design.

FaultyMario
March 19th, 2014, 12:52 PM
It's been said elsewhere, by limiting race fuel allocation and Max Fuel Flow Rate they should be able to free up other areas of engine design. Why they chose not, who knows. It's one of those silly compromises they've gotten used to in F1.

overpowered
March 20th, 2014, 03:18 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/20/red-bull-f1-daniel-ricciardo-disqualification

Alan P
March 20th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Personally I'm of the opinion that they should just limit the fuel to the 100kg they carry at the start of the race and sod the fuel flow limits. If they want to run more, let them. And watch as they lose 100HP with ten laps to go.

GB
March 20th, 2014, 07:06 PM
I'm with Alan. For Qualifying they get 20kg. For the Race they get 100kg. (No carryover for 'leftovers' from Saturday.)

BUT.... teams could then run ANY sort of powerplant they deemed fit. To improve fuel economy technology, the FIA could reduce the fuel allowances by a few percentage points every year. Not a lot... just a gradual decrease in consumption of fossil fuels.

I'd bet battery technology would improve by leaps and bounds over the next decade.

Freude am Fahren
March 20th, 2014, 08:29 PM
And even if they lifted the reg now, I doubt teams would run much more than now. These PU's are barely lasting as it is. They'd probably all detonate if they tried upping the power by 100hp, even briefly.

MR2 Fan
March 20th, 2014, 09:05 PM
do these new "power units" have to last a few race distances or get penalized like in years past?

Godson
March 21st, 2014, 04:09 AM
Fuel flow should be restricted, other parameters (like engine design) should not be. This is all based on the principle of limiting power.

I don't want them to go balls out for 7 laps in the race and then run like a processional, limit power and let the drivers race.

I find it funny that the only mention of these sensors being faulty is from RBR. Did anyone else on grid have these issues, or are they trying to sneak around?

Freude am Fahren
March 21st, 2014, 07:33 AM
Yeah that is a bit odd.

And yeah, either the whole PU's are required to go a certain distance, or it may be just the ICE that is limited? If the former, I'm not sure if each part is limited, or the whole PU. If only the MGU-K need to be replaced (I think that was common even for RB in years past), does that mean you've used one of the your allotments of PU's, or just for the MGU-K? Either way, it's an even longer distance that before.

FaultyMario
March 21st, 2014, 07:59 AM
I think McLaren's Boullier has also expressed concerns about the sensors.

samoht
March 23rd, 2014, 09:51 AM
Let's hope this is the first and last time this year that the result is 'revised' after the race ends - it's farcical to have the podium ceremony, broadcast the images of celebration around the world, and then say 'oh actually, that guy didn't get a podium'.

They need to write and implement the regulations in such a way that it's very hard to avoid them, rather than detect infringements after the fact. An example would be the air intake restrictors that are common in WRC and many other series - its' fairly easy to check the dimensions of a car's intake at scrutineering, and hard to get around.
Now occasionally there are cases of outright cheating, such as Toyota did with their trick Celica GT4 intake bypass. However these are exceptional, and the deliberate duplicity involved fully justifies subsequent disqualification and revision of results. But anything like the fuel sensor which can be argued either way is just setting the sport up for ridicule. If it's that hard, just make a fixed-size hole that the fuel must be sucked through, and leave it at that.

tigeraid
March 23rd, 2014, 10:39 AM
Or, do as NASCAR and most stockcar series do, and leave the finishing order alone, docking only points and a monetary fine. That way "who the fans saw on the podium when they left the track was the podium."

Freude am Fahren
March 23rd, 2014, 11:23 AM
Eh, there's not much of a difference IMO.

By the way, how does that affect the "playoffs" now that they are determined by wins instead? Is the win vacated, or just as it concerns the playoffs/chase?

Anyway, that's kinda the reality of racing, everyone's going to be pushing the limits, and in many cases, overstepping them. And in many cases, you can only find out during post race inspection. You cheat, you get thrown out. Fans ill just have to deal with it.

HOWEVER, this case is a bit different. It seems to me, the FIA knew there was an issue during, if not before the race, they should have at least made it clear that Red Bull was under investigation or something right away.

FaultyMario
March 24th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Question for those under the rule of the Queen, Is Gary Anderson no longer employed by the BBC? I enjoyed reading his analysis and he seems to have moved to autosport.

balki
March 29th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Someone's gonna have to help me out here... Why is there a restriction of gallons per hour? Why could you not just limit the total amount of fuel used?
from http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns27647.html

Horner ... proposes F1 should simply "get rid of" the 100 kilogram per hour rule, and with it the troublesome and expensive sensors.

The FIA, however, insists it will not be going down that path. In a complex media briefing at Sepang, the federation's engine expert Fabrice Lom said getting rid of the sensors would be "dangerous".

Auto Motor und Sport quotes him as saying that, without the fuel flow limit, the new turbo V6 engines would be capable of up to 2000 horse power.

"Some cars would start the race at full power and then slow down and save fuel," said Lom, "while others would do it the other way around.

"It would result in huge speed differences at any one time, which is far too dangerous."

FaultyMario
March 29th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I recall Horner saying this should be done like in jet liners, one main sensor and then average another two in the circuit in case of any discrepancies.

FaultyMario
March 29th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I think 100kg/h is far too much for the first year, perhaps a 20% increase could work to even things out a little bit. That'd keep the championship close and emotional in the first half of the season when PU is being the deciding factor, there'll no need of gimmicky measures in the later part of the season then.

samoht
April 14th, 2014, 04:46 AM
Sometime later today, we might get the final results from this GP ;-)

G'day Mate
April 15th, 2014, 01:20 AM
D'oh

Godson
April 15th, 2014, 01:31 AM
RedBull loses appeal (http://au.eurosport.com/formula-1/red-bull-loses-fuel-flow-appeal_sto4214834/story.shtml)

Mercedes wants them punished for losing! (http://au.eurosport.com/formula-1/mercedes-wants-more-red-bull-sanctions_sto4214244/story.shtml)

:lol:

I feel Sorry for Ricciardo and Australia, but fuck RBR. Mercedes just wants to stick it to them.

tigeraid
April 15th, 2014, 05:27 AM
I'm satisfied.