PDA

View Full Version : General GT6 thread

The359
January 6th, 2014, 04:33 PM
To continue on, finally got around to finishing International B, so I'm three quarters through the game now. Just made some casual observations from what I saw today:

* Just noticed that the Jensen Interceptor did not make the transition from GT5 to GT6. Was wondering why it didn't appear in historic supercars.
* The Fisker Karma is considered a modern American muscle car. Hmmm...
* How did I slaughter all of you on the International A-1 license test, the Honda NSX cone slalom? First time I made it through without hitting a cone and I was a couple tenths up on the fastest time on my list.

SkylineObsession
January 6th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Oh random, wonder how many other cars have gone.

Yeah, thats a bit stupid. If thats the future of muscle cars, then we might as well give up and start walking now. :/

I was doing that slalom one handed while swordfighting an Alligator while he was on Dancing With The Stars (Then Eating Them Later). Otherwise i would have got a better time.
P.S. You're welcome to that record, don't like slalom challenges. ;)

Dicknose
January 7th, 2014, 12:56 AM
American muscle is strange - its any American car.
You would think they would have a v8 (or even v6) limit, maybe FR.

Heck - Holden Commodore is closer to american muscle than many of the US 4 cylinder cars (its got an american v8 in it)

And back to my bitch - where is the Red Bull Challenge marked for 1-Jan-2014??

The359
January 7th, 2014, 01:09 AM
Also interesting, you can run any Acura in the Modern American Muscle series.

Dicknose
January 7th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Acura is American!
As is scion.

And a bunch of euro Fords!

Impreza
January 7th, 2014, 06:02 AM
NASCAR... oh how I hate thee.

Honestly, I can't even be bothered to make an effort. I put Skid Recovery ON and just get the races over with. :rolleyes:

Freude am Fahren
January 7th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Do they force stability management again, making it impossible to do anything remotely like driving a stock car?

samoht
January 7th, 2014, 10:30 AM
No, I didn't see any forced aids in any of the main career races, including Nascar.

Personally although I dislike Nascar (because the cars are parodies of what they are meant to be), I found the series one of the most competitive and enjoyable parts of GT6's career mode. The win at High Speed Ring was especially hard-won and therefore sweet.

Freude am Fahren
January 7th, 2014, 10:53 AM
I think it was the Jeff Gordon "school" like special event in GT5 that you started at the back and had 3 laps or something to pass the field. And you couldn't keep your speed up because the ASM would constantly slow you in the corners even if you were driving perfect.

SkylineObsession
January 7th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Muahahahaaa, beat you all again at the Mario Andretti Seasonal Event last night (even though some of you probably weren't trying ;) ), can probably do a little bit better but i doubt it'll be anywhere near a second faster.

The Honda S2000 at Matterhorn can go suck balls, frigging tailhappy VTAK'er. :/ Put all the aero mods on it i could, played with settings etc and still didn't do that good. Meh.

And the second 15th Anniversary Cars challenge (where most of us used the Audi R10?) is another one that i can definitely go quicker on. I had a big lead over everyone for the first part of the track, then it slowly dwindled over the rest of it since i kept losing traction and at the end only beat the fastest time, of The359, by half a second or less i think.

BLARG.

CudaMan
January 7th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Interesting thing today. I've been logging in every day and had my bonus up to 200%. Today it was 170% and I didn't miss a day. Weird.

Freude am Fahren
January 8th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Maybe it's using a different time zone? Were your logins more than 24 hours apart?

SkylineObsession
January 8th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Nearly had a heart attack last night.

Just exited an online room i was hosting for a few hours, and then opened the PSN menu while the game was loading, to see who was online and to accept a friend request of one guy me and my wife kept racing for most of the time. Then the console crashed. When it was saving...

I left it for half an hour or so, hoping it would finish loading, but no. Fully realising that my save will very likely end up corrupted, i turned the console off (had no other choice). Started it up, had to do the initial system check over, then loaded up the game again.
As soon as it got to the 'wear you seatbelt' etc screen, a message popped up informing me that my save was corrupt and couldn't be loaded. *dies* It asked if i'd like to try again, or not. If i selected or not, it said the data would be lost. So i selected try again. Then it crashed. Then i restarted and had to send an error message to Sony, then the system scan, then start the game up and repeat this process two or more times. EVERY time i selected try again it crashed.

Then i checked my game saves on the HDD. Nothing indicating corruptness. But there were two saves, one which said 'backup' after it.

A plan formed.

I grabbed a USB stick, saved the 'corrupt' save onto the stick, deleted it off the console, fired up the game...

and

I started breathing again. PROMPTLY saved the game, quit out of it, went to the new save, saved it onto the USB stick, then back into the game to play enough so that the backup save would update itself.

I cannot emphasise the importance of backing up your saves/HDD!!

Going to do it a bit more often now, since GT6 crashes the PS3 so much.

M4FFU
January 9th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Do you cloud save with PSN+?

Rare White Ape
January 9th, 2014, 04:04 AM
The Honda S2000 at Matterhorn can go suck balls, frigging tailhappy VTAK'er. :/ Put all the aero mods on it i could, played with settings etc and still didn't do that good. Meh.

Be aware that you're on comfort tires for that one. Be nice to it!

I went just under the gold time on my first lap but I spent a bit of time in the grass and bouncing off walls. On lap two I recalled my mental notes of where to not crash (everywhere) and made it past two seconds under the gold time.

Slower cars like the S2000 feel really nice to drive on comfort tires.

Dicknose
January 9th, 2014, 11:40 AM
The S2000 was fun.
I didn't realize you could mod, so I got gold and just beat a couple of friends, but well behind a few others.
They all pulled well away from the start and I thought they must have had a better run at the line.
Gave it about 2 more goes before it dawned that they must have better power/weight.
A few mods and I think 2 more laps and I was seconds under gold.
It's definitely a ride on the edge

harper
January 9th, 2014, 12:56 PM
That left-hand after the first segment on Matterhorn allllllways catches me out. But now I've got that finished (not the best time but gold!) I won't have to worry.

The seasonal events are goldmines this time around.

SkylineObsession
January 9th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I find the tight left at the bottom of the steep hill to be the worst corner, almost always understeer onto the grass.

And don't have PS+ Bubbles, wife does though. Just as easy to save it to a USB stick though, just been lazy.

Impreza
January 9th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Interesting thing today. I've been logging in every day and had my bonus up to 200%. Today it was 170% and I didn't miss a day. Weird.

The day before it dropped to 170% had you actually done a race, or simply logged in for the bonus and nothing else. I was doing the daily login for my son while he was at his mother's and I noticed after a couple of days that it doesn't "stick" unless you actually do a race. Just logging in and clicking "ok" to accept the bonus doesn't count.

CudaMan
January 9th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Hm, that might have been it. I think I just messed around with some photos that night. I thought when you skip a day entirely, you have to start over from 100%.

Dicknose
January 9th, 2014, 10:58 PM
I don't think you need to race.
But you do need to save, which happens if you race.

The359
January 9th, 2014, 11:30 PM
OK, a challenge for you guys that know setup in this game - Fix the Audi R8 LMS! All the GT3 cars are fine except this one, absolutely horrible snap oversteer in 2nd and 3rd gear, even when not on the throttle. The only subtle solution I've found so far is to turn the LSD all the way down. Something's got to be wrong with the suspension to be causing this.

Zevious Zoquis
January 10th, 2014, 03:26 AM
Hm, that might have been it. I think I just messed around with some photos that night. I thought when you skip a day entirely, you have to start over from 100%.

no, when you miss a day the bonus just drops down a step. If you were at 200% and missed a day, you drop down to 170%.

M4FFU
January 10th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Did the seasonal events (never bothered with GT5 much so this is all new to me) which netted me 5,000,000 odd so treated myself to a LFA and an Aventador! Lovely things they are too. Half tempted by a JGTC SC430 or one of the HSVs.

SkylineObsession
January 10th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Had another crack at the S2000 Seasonal last night, but tried it with a different S2000, the '01 Type V, and it seems nicer to drive straight out of the box than the premium 2006 model that almost all of us used.

After a wee bit of modifying and possibly playing with settings, i finally got under 1:50, joining DN. Then i knew i could go quicker, so kept at it until i got a near perfect lap and beat DN's time. Pretty sure thats the best i can do in that challenge, since i'm not generally one to play with settings too much.

Would be lovely for it to have more rear end grip though.

Also had another go at the Lancia at Tsukuba, and after modifying it to keep up with everyone down the straights (!) i tried to dial out understeer by creating oversteer (torque converter thingy set to mainly rwd) and finally managed an ok time. That think understeers worse than a brick though. :(

Impreza
January 10th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Just finished the Lancia challenge... onto the S2000 tomorrow. I really wish there were more "we give you the car and you drive it, as is" type challenges. I am not great at setting up a suspension.

Dicknose
January 11th, 2014, 12:17 AM
I just get in and drive.
Did power up when I found I was lagging on the straights.
Fiddling settings can be fun, but as long as the car is ok I find it better just to do a reasonable lap.

Though I do wonder were people find 4 seconds on a lap!
I should pull up some of the leader replays and have a look.

SkylineObsession
January 11th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Last two times i've tried looking at the worlds top time replay for an event the PS3 has crashed. :/

Other times when i've managed it though, they just seem to consistent and smooth, and are clearly much better at the game than i am!

M4FFU
January 12th, 2014, 07:27 AM
The Alfa test - no idea how you're all so much quicker than me. Gold is eluding me, sadly.

Impreza
January 12th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Just started my Super License last night... no other names on the board yet. Are you guys not there yet?

samoht
January 12th, 2014, 11:35 AM
The Alfa test - no idea how you're all so much quicker than me. Gold is eluding me, sadly.

you know you can tune it, right ? ;)

samoht
January 12th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Just started my Super License last night... no other names on the board yet. Are you guys not there yet?

I'm all gold on the licences, you should see my times if you're online.

M4FFU
January 12th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Took the X2014 Red Bull car out this afternoon - amazing exhaust note. There maybe many a drab sound in GT6, but that X2014 sounds fantastic!

M4FFU
January 12th, 2014, 01:53 PM
you know you can tune it, right ? ;)

I think that's my problem. When I tune, it goes slower. ;)

Yobbo NZ
January 12th, 2014, 02:30 PM
My copy arrived on friday.Wow,it's a huge improvement over GT5 in the driving/handling,GT is fun again.One thing I have always loved with GT is the variety of cars available,not counting the multiple variants though. Wonder what game could be made if PD and Turn 10 joined forces.....

Zevious Zoquis
January 13th, 2014, 04:01 AM
I finally golded the Alfa TT but now that its closed I don't think it updates my time. I did beat a couple of you all though! :) Seems to me the TT's should always update the friends list times whether they are closed or not.

I wish there was a whole separate TT competition mode in the game for every track that was always open. Its fun to try and beat those lines on the screen...although there should be an option to turn off all but the top time because too many friends and it obscures the oncoming track...

MR2 Fan
January 13th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Does Apricot Hill remind anyone of Interlagos a bit?

GreatScawt
January 13th, 2014, 08:14 PM
F*CKING BALLER
Gets added tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWbt3aLRtK8

Rare White Ape
January 13th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Does Apricot Hill remind anyone of Interlagos a bit?

Reminds me of Suzuka.

Double-apex first corner.
Undulating esses.
Crazy-fast sweeper.
A hairpin.
Tricky blind-over-crest corner.
Funny chicane at the end.

Change the order of a few of those, (and the direction left-to-right) and you've got a good Doppleganger of the Japanese circuit.

The359
January 13th, 2014, 11:46 PM
Latest update includes, besides the FT-1 and M4 interior:

* Improved lighting for car interiors
* Changing power outputs or ballast weight in the settings shows the PP in real time, rather than waiting for you to exit the slider :up:
* The handling of MR cars have been adjusted, interesting to test this out myself, maybe this will solve the R8 problem.
* Changing to aftermarket wheels no longer changes the width of the wheel. :up:

M4FFU
January 14th, 2014, 02:58 AM
I'm glad they've sorted out the lighting for the interiors. Can barely see dial info on most tracks to the point where it becomes kinda annoying.

Zevious Zoquis
January 14th, 2014, 03:35 AM
Yeah I noticed the fixed lighting in cockpit view immediately. I also had a feeling that the shadows and the tracks in general looked better and that the framerate seems better in general. I wonder if they did some optimizing on the lighting that smoothed things out some.

Dicknose
January 14th, 2014, 04:44 AM
Haven't seen the new upgrade, so...
is red bull challenge finally on?

Zevious Zoquis
January 14th, 2014, 04:59 AM
nyet

Rare White Ape
January 14th, 2014, 05:19 AM
I hope the frame rate over the top of Mt Panorama has been improved. It's terrible until you pop out onto Conrod Straight.

M4FFU
January 14th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Think I read they announced the red bull challenge would be end of Jan, rather than beginning.

M4FFU
January 14th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Warning about 1.03 update: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3266694.html

Zevious Zoquis
January 14th, 2014, 08:16 AM
I hope the frame rate over the top of Mt Panorama has been improved. It's terrible until you pop out onto Conrod Straight.

I ran a few laps at bath right after installing the updates and I felt there was an improvement. Now it was just me on track not a race, but I had noted frame rate issues under that circumstance before and it did seem better...

Zevious Zoquis
January 14th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Man, Willow Springs is an annoying track.

Random
January 14th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Which version is it? Big Willow or the twistier Streets course?

animalica
January 14th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Warning about 1.03 update: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3266694.html

Happened today but it works anyway.

Dicknose
January 15th, 2014, 02:50 AM
Think I read they announced the red bull challenge would be end of Jan, rather than beginning.

In game it now say "Jan 2014" with the "1st of "

samoht
January 15th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Man, Willow Springs is an annoying track.

I love it, it needs learning but it's pretty awesome once you know it. I know the banked turns have a risk of 'falling off' and going a loooooong way into the scrub, but it feels awesome when you get it right. Honestly I'm kinda enjoying the challenge of having a handful of wholly new tracks to learn. (I already knew Spa from GT5 DLC, Silverstone from the Academy, and Brands from real life)

Zevious Zoquis
January 15th, 2014, 05:26 AM
for me its the combination of a couple of long curves that tighten right at the end and seem to always catch me going too fast, and the lack of trackside ornamentation that causes me to forget where I am on the track. lol...

Impreza
January 15th, 2014, 05:47 AM
and the lack of trackside ornamentation that causes me to forget where I am on the track. lol...

That's the same issue I have with Ascari. No grandstands, no flagger stations, no fencing/barriers... nothing.

The bigger track is the same, but at least it's interesting to drive. The small, wiggly, one basically feels like a kart track, nothing more.

SkylineObsession
January 15th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Nothing like a challenge. :eviltwistedgrin: ;)

Thats what i loved about the 'Ring when it first appeared in GT4. I could almost lap it blindfolded now, but it's still a heck of a challenge to get a good, fast (and clean) lap - which makes it so addicting.

Zevious Zoquis
January 16th, 2014, 05:05 AM
Man, I need to drop about 4 seconds off the Sirroco TT to match you guys! Any chance some of you have traction control on?? maybe???

:lol:

SkylineObsession
January 16th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Settings to make the Sirocco handle better would be much appreciated! I modified mine, and even though it ended up quicker, it had a lot more torque steer which made exiting corners fast a bit of a struggle. As soon as i completed a gold lap i quit it.

And i can definitely improve my NSX time, but gave up as i was getting too tired. The KTM i can possibly go faster too, as i didn't modify it a bit.

samoht
January 16th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Man, I need to drop about 4 seconds off the Sirroco TT to match you guys! Any chance some of you have traction control on?? maybe???

:lol:

Not here.

I just put the fixed racing soft susp on, didn't notice too much torque steer. It does have an LSD which should help it turn under power better, seems to work ok. Tuning was full weight reduction first, then a tiny bit of power.

Zevious Zoquis
January 16th, 2014, 01:25 PM
1:30 is a pretty tough gold time. I usually don't have that much trouble golding the TTs. I'm down to 1:31 something now. However, I went for power instead of weight reduction so perhaps I'll switch that around and try it.

samoht
January 16th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Yeah, it was a lot more demanding gold standard than the usual GT6 level, took me a good few laps. I found getting the first and last corners right made a huge difference.

Dicknose
January 17th, 2014, 03:08 AM
I think I also went weight reduction and a bit of power.
Didn't do any other tuning, can't remember if I went with a fixed suspension.

It's definitely NOT a fun car to drive.

And check you might want TC down or off. Some fwd cars have it come in and limit power when a bit of slip (and understeer) is quicker.

I had quite enjoyed the NSX.
I think I even did another 2 laps after gold. Was way more fun than the license test with the Veyron at that track.

The KTM wasn't hard, but i find it ok to drive. Too much chatter and too easy to try and over drive it.
Got an ok time with it, but it didn't feel like it was rewarding good driving, more jam it in hard and hold on.

Zevious Zoquis
January 17th, 2014, 04:12 AM
Oh I never have TC enabled. I was just hoping maybe some of you guys had it cranked right up! :lol:

Dicknose
January 20th, 2014, 01:07 AM
Going back to some of the license tests.
I golded them all, but these were all "get gold and move on"
Quite a few were gold first go (not bragging, these gold are easier than some of the other GT series, especially the PAL/euro original!

Having a lot of fun.
Some luck, a bit of work. Probably haven't spent more than 30 min on any of them. And I've worked till I was happy, sometimes that's put me 4th or 5th, some it's been first.

Just lucked A-2 the lotus.
2nd go got 13.6 high. Not a bad run. Then I have it about 4 more shots playing at keeping some throttle on to reduce tail heavy off throttle oversteer. And I got a nice 13.58. Felt good and was happy. Had a look against friends and it was first. Ok move on!

The previous one A-1 I did something similar, 2nd go was great. But then it took me about 10 more goes to get close.
Frustrating, clearly I flunked that run.
But another 5 or so runs and I was doing consistent but slightly slower times (by hundredths)
Then I did a run of 3 goes in a row that were quicker. Ended with a good one and thought I'd walk away before it went downhill.

Ok I'm back to it A-3 coming up

M4FFU
January 20th, 2014, 01:34 AM
Did full weight reduction on the Sciricco and still need a second to get gold. :\

SkylineObsession
January 20th, 2014, 03:08 AM
Saw a good (?) set up over on GTP the other day, apparently it shaves a few seconds off the gold time. Could be worth browsing around there, in the seasonal events forum.

Zevious Zoquis
January 20th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Finally golded the stupid thing! lol...

Freude am Fahren
January 20th, 2014, 01:02 PM
I shaved like a second of my own time by fiddling with the LSD.

21Kid
January 21st, 2014, 07:10 AM
GT6 for $35 until their sold out, or for the next 2 hrs on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CRL9TU2/ref=gbrc_tit_r-1_4202_4412000b?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=right-new-1&pf_rd_r=07W19MA5NSQ364MM3SBZ&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1671394202

GreatScawt
January 22nd, 2014, 05:25 AM
Good stuff :up:
I thought my $40 grab was a steal!

Between the FT-1 and M4 Season events getting me to $600k (plus the respective cars)... I got my bonus up to 150% a couple nights ago and did one more, the Lancia Delta on Tsukuba. Now sitting at $1.6million and haven't even completed all the National B stuff. This is not the GranTurismo I'm used to.

Zevious Zoquis
January 22nd, 2014, 09:47 AM
Bought an Aston Martin Vantage V12 last night. Man, that is a nice car in the game! Drives really well and has a fantastic looking cockpit.

M4FFU
January 23rd, 2014, 01:48 AM
Think my opinions of in-game Astons have been tarnished by the One-77. It's just...awful!

M4FFU
January 23rd, 2014, 01:51 AM
Could you gift cars to other people in GT5?

Dicknose
January 23rd, 2014, 02:21 AM
No.
Or sharing cars.

Also no B spec, so it's not all bad.

Rare White Ape
January 23rd, 2014, 02:58 AM
You could in GT5. I think they patched it out because you could gift to an alt account on your own system then reload a backup save to get your car back again.

M4FFU
January 23rd, 2014, 03:11 AM
Ah, that's a shame. Would be neat to loan cars to friends.

Kchrpm
January 23rd, 2014, 07:38 AM
I love how Forza 4 handled that, there was a club garage where you could post any car for your club members to drive at any time (as long as they had the proper DLC).

M4FFU
January 24th, 2014, 01:23 AM
Yup, and even simple gifting cars, too, worked very well. Shame GT is no version of this. Be nice just to borrow cars for one race series.

GreatScawt
January 24th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Shit.

I forgot to sign in yesterday.

GreatScawt
January 24th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Signed in today... it only dropped one "deviation" (to 170%), as opposed to dropping back to the 110%. So that's good :up:

I purchased an OBP WRX STI hatch (of course). Slammed it and put on some bronze wheels. And some fairly basic engine mods.
Oh man, this game does wheel tuck appropriately. Looks pretty damn close to my own car :lol: I need to snap some shots eventually.

M4FFU
January 26th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Yeah, it's nice it only takes you one stage back if you miss a day :up:

matt s
January 26th, 2014, 09:15 AM
One of my biggest problems with GT6 so far is the sheer laziness in some aspects. Mostly the interiors and exteriors of cars. I can understand how it would be difficult to find a great interior to model some of the older cars, but then you end up with multiple versions of the same car or maybe a different trim level and the interior is this black blob with various features that resemble the interior and the exterior is still some slab-sided, pixelated mess. I find it sad because there will be a "premium" car that already has a majority of the general features of that model and then 7 "regular" cars where nothing really changed. Skylines, RX-7s, and S2000s are the ones that come to mind right away, but there are others as well. It would just take some changes to the bumpers to fix them (if there is even that much different) and generally the interior does not change much, if at all, between 2 model years of the same generation of a car. So why is it so hard for them to just copy/paste these kinds of things?

[/rant]

Other than that, enjoying it so far. Does not seem like as much of a grindfest to get through it.

Dicknose
January 26th, 2014, 12:51 PM
I don't think much would be lost to drop a huge number of standard model cars when there is a premium model.
The downside would be that GT could no longer claim 1000+ cars.

samoht
January 26th, 2014, 02:34 PM
I think the point was that it would take minimal extra work to upgrade all the 'standard' models of a certain body shape, if there is already at least one 'premium' version.
E.g. The Acura NSX is premium, how hard would it be to make all the first-series Honda NSXs premium too? Not very, surely - the differences must be minimal.

Do that and you'd find the numeric proportion of premiums would be much higher.

Freude am Fahren
January 26th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Completely agree. That would be a hell of an update if a whole shit load of standard cars with premium sister models got upgraded.

GreatScawt
January 26th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Besides - at this point - my tiny harddrive begging for mercy, yeah, I had considered the same thing. One premo model and dozens similar? The efficiency on making the other models premo skyrockets.

Freude am Fahren
January 26th, 2014, 04:28 PM
True, I hadn't really thought about the space needed for the extra high poly models.

Zevious Zoquis
January 26th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Well, given PD's apparent propensity to allow only one person to work on any given car model (some Japanese thing) I could see even simple updates being a pretty long process to implement. Personally, I would really love it if all the stupid duplicate models and a fair number of other boring cars were taken out of the game. Give me a hundred really distinct and fully modelled cars and I'll be happy...

SkylineObsession
January 26th, 2014, 09:43 PM
I'm one of the ones who is happy for duplicates to stay in the game, because already over the lifetime of GT too many cars have been removed never to be seen again. Some of them, or maybe most, were not duplicates, but my point is that someone out there will be over the moon to find the exact model of car they own in real life in the game, even down to the same year. Why deny them that, as trivial as it sounds.

But i'm also on the copy/paste bandwagon, especially if the main differences (if any) between potential premium cars are revised headlights or other minor exterior changes. These sort of things would probably have to have been put on the disk itself though, as they will undoubtedly decrease the available room on the bluray.

samoht
January 26th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Personally, I would really love it if all the stupid duplicate models and a fair number of other boring cars were taken out of the game. Give me a hundred really distinct and fully modelled cars and I'll be happy...

I think there should be a preference setting for 'only Premium models'. This would filter the dealerships to show only Premium model cars, and ensure that only Premium cars appeared as AI. This way you'd have the choice of a smaller number of well rendered cars or a vast universe of not so good ones.

Personally I like the variety.

Yobbo NZ
January 26th, 2014, 11:57 PM
I love GTs car selection over Forza due to the weird models and the Kei cars available.
But surely we don't need 5-6 pages of MX5/Miatas/Eunos Roadster just due to different regions or a model had a different coloured vinyl roof!

Godson
January 27th, 2014, 07:07 AM
I like the variety. But I kinda am bugged about cars like the S2000. However, the changes from '03 to the '04 model were WAY more than the external visual stuff.

matt s
January 27th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I think the point was that it would take minimal extra work to upgrade all the 'standard' models of a certain body shape, if there is already at least one 'premium' version.
That is what I was trying to get at. Maybe they thought of doing it too but didn't because of space constraints. I know I'm in the group of people that enjoys the wide variety of cars.

With the S2000, I find it silly that there's a US version Type V when, as best I can remember, there was never such a thing sold here. That and the US version having clear side indicators along with no amber in the headlight cluster for the longest. Maybe I'm just too damn picky?

Freude am Fahren
January 27th, 2014, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure you can be more picky than Kaz. If you're going to be anal about your car line-up, get it right.

Godson
January 27th, 2014, 10:11 PM
The Type V was pretty much just a variable assist rack that reduced assist the faster you went. I want to say it was standard on '01 and later. But I could be wrong.

SkylineObsession
February 1st, 2014, 11:36 AM
Bah.

I much prefer the challenges where you can't tune the cars, makes for a much more even playing field. Referring to the Sirocco, GT86 and Jag challenges mainly. The jag is a heavy beast and i could only add ~10hp to mine yet everyone else flew away from me on the straights.

Unless the bodykit i have on it is somehow better pp.

Rare White Ape
February 1st, 2014, 09:40 PM
I haven't tried the GT86 or the Jag events yet.

But would anybody please be so kind as to post up your Volksvagen Fucking Sirocco settings so that I may have a crack at it?

I'm .264 of a second off gold and shits got me fucked.

The other events seem to have nice generous PP/time allowances, and that would help this one nicely because the car feels like an unresponsive understeery pile of pig shit.

Dicknose
February 1st, 2014, 10:02 PM
Skyline - don't fit flat underbody, it gives downforce but chews up PP badly (and oddly lowers top speed)

samoht
February 2nd, 2014, 02:18 AM
But would anybody please be so kind as to post up your Volksvagen Fucking Sirocco settings so that I may have a crack at it?

I'm .264 of a second off gold and shits got me fucked.

The other events seem to have nice generous PP/time allowances, and that would help this one nicely because the car feels like an unresponsive understeery pile of pig shit.

Racing suspension: soft
Racing brake kit (5-5)
Triple plate clutch kit
Sports computer
Power limiter 97.3% (264hp)
Weight reduction stage 3
Carbon bonnet
Window weight reduction

1155kg 460pp

1'29.042

samoht
February 2nd, 2014, 02:38 AM
OK, to try and be slightly more helpful I just threw the fully adjustable sus on and immediately improved to 1'28.648 with the following setup:
Ride height 90, 90
Spring rate 4.50, 5.75
Dampers compression 4, 4
Dampers extension 5, 5
Arbs 2, 3
Camber 1.2, 0.5
Toe 0.00, 0.15

Everything else as above. Balances out the under steer and improves cornering speed slightly.
You want to be hitting a minimum speed of at least 90mph through the final corner, my best was 94 with the above sus.

Rare White Ape
February 2nd, 2014, 05:29 AM
Thanks mate, I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

JoeW
February 2nd, 2014, 09:31 AM
What up bitches.

I play online under the moniker Ice_Warden so feel free to befriend me if you want to take some laps etc. Unless you're an asshole...then...well...I guess it's still ok...

Rare White Ape
February 3rd, 2014, 12:14 AM
I just pumped out a 1:28.874! Out of the blue streaks I was sharing the track with, I was ahead of everyone except Xhawkeye.

Thanks Samoht. Genius work there fella!

samoht
February 3rd, 2014, 04:44 AM
Awesome, really pleased you nailed a good time!

The359
February 3rd, 2014, 05:23 PM
Man, fuck the Red Bulls. This is even more difficult to drive than the X2010 in GT5, could not go a race without spinning at least once and wasted my time to lose a championship Ill have to run again.

Zevious Zoquis
February 4th, 2014, 03:25 AM
Yeah I hate the Redbull events. I haven't gotten past the third lap of the first race. The utter definition of "not fun."

SkylineObsession
February 5th, 2014, 04:51 PM
For some strange reason, i actually enjoyed the last two red bull series events (and have got first in every race). Maybe my reflexes were mega sharp that day, but i could actually manage to race. :twitch:

This coming from the same guy who gave his PSN details to someone on the other side of the world for GT5, so that person could gold the Red Bull event and save the game for me (on PS+). :eek: I was that sick of it.

samoht
February 6th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I found the Red Bull events challenging but enjoyable. I think in GT5 the Vettel challenges disqualified you immediately if you left the track, which was mega frustrating, but now you can make a mistake and recover.

The championships were quite fun for me. I broke my own policy and used AT and TCS 5 for all the Red Bull stuff, as just controlling the car is busy enough.

harper
February 6th, 2014, 11:13 PM
I thought the Red Bull series have been good challenges and a nice change from the "win kinda automatically" trend that most series in the game have, and then by the time I got through the X2014 Standard series a couple times I realized I had an ENORMOUS amount of money now and wasn't quite as upset.

the Vettel challenges are kinda maniac but they also reward you quite well so it's not thaaaaaat bad.

XHawkeye
February 7th, 2014, 04:50 PM
is there an 'easy' way to adjust gear ratios? Can adjust a ratio 0.001 per click otherwise I hold the D-pad a nano-second too long sending the slider to the end of the scale.

es nes
March 10th, 2014, 04:39 AM
Well then ... I was in the middle of a 2 lap race when I got the message there was an update that needed to be applied to sign on. And my game wasn't paused as I heard my car drive into a wall.

SkylineObsession
March 12th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Fail. Never had that happen to me before, maybe i time it right usually.

I haven't actually played GT6 in a month or more. :o

Zevious Zoquis
March 13th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Haven't fired it up in a few weeks myself. Once a new track comes out I will. Plus, I'm looking forward to a big update that maybe fixes some of the performance issues that sorta bug me.

jimeez
April 9th, 2014, 02:59 AM
Friday night 8pm cst I am going to host a fun run night. 500 pp, race soft, aero/no aero, tuning allowed. 5 lap races all for fun.

Godson
April 10th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Mannnnnnnn. I wish I could not be in clinical tomorrow night.

samoht
April 11th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Friday night 8pm cst I am going to host a fun run night. 500 pp, race soft, aero/no aero, tuning allowed. 5 lap races all for fun.

Wonder if I can stay up til 2am to join you guys... not that likely tbh :-(

Godson
April 11th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I love driving the '90 zr1 on the ring. Such a fun car

Zevious Zoquis
April 15th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Man, what a mess this game is. Seriously. PD is really crapping the bed...I think it's right on the verge of being abandonware at this point.

Godson
April 15th, 2014, 09:05 AM
What's bugging you?

Zevious Zoquis
April 15th, 2014, 02:11 PM
lol. Well there was supposed to be track addons every month and cool stuff like that. But also, they sure seem to have a weird way of prioritizing things. Useless data loggers and such instead of useful features. I keep waiting for an update that features some performance improvements in general - the game is pretty up and down in terms of performance and that sort of thing bugs me. But they don't seem too interested in doing anything about that sort of thing.

The359
April 16th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Yeah, there was a promised update with a new track for February, that still has not materialized.

I did finally 100% the game last night after taking about two months off because of work. I really miss the proper enduros. :(

animalica
April 17th, 2014, 04:22 AM
I hoped to see the feature to create your own tracks based on GPS data.
Instead they coded something for a handful of people who will ever use the GPS recoreder on selected tracks in Japan. :(

SkylineObsession
April 17th, 2014, 12:14 PM
I'll probably only go back to the game if and when a proper update gets added. Like new cars, tracks, features etc.

In the meantime i have heaps of other games to play.

I think this is the first time i've ever 'avoided' playing a GT game. :/

Godson
April 17th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Odd. I avoided gt5 after the bunk physics feel.

Rare White Ape
May 31st, 2014, 11:29 PM
Sunday afternoon presented itself as an amazingly warm and sunny first day of winter. I could have gone anywhere and done anything, so I spent it checking out all the updates to GT6 that I haven't seen yet.

I did all of the Senna tribute events and looked through all the slide shows. A few minutes ago I pumped out a piss that I should have had two hours ago.

Now it's dark outside and I'm about to crack open a beer. A Sunday well spent.

Rikadyn
June 1st, 2014, 08:44 AM
Project S is going well...trying to figure out how to complete the game with only Nissan S Chassis...2.5hrs of gameplay, and already own 6 of them :P

SkylineObsession
June 21st, 2014, 07:09 PM
Gran Turismo Blog 'Pit Stop' created, which allows for informal news/articles from the GT team all over the world, and is also the place where Kaz is going to answer questions asked by GT Players. He's already started answering the whole debate about car sounds, and has said that he too doesn't like how they sound in GT.

http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/ (start from the bottom article)

Rikadyn
June 27th, 2014, 09:03 PM
anyone know a good deep sky blue metallic?

MR2 Fan
August 17th, 2014, 05:02 AM
I know no one posts in this thread anymore, but does anyone else find it stupid that the manufacturers special concept cars are a million credits a piece? The Mercedes was free for the first one, which was great. You'd think they want all of them to be free and just not able to be re-sold for credits.

jimeez
August 17th, 2014, 05:25 AM
They are pretty much free, just got to run a lap at wherever track they are featured on. Don't even have to medal to get one.

SkylineObsession
August 17th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Which only works if you keep an ear out for new cars being released, or actually have the time to play it.

I've got every single one so far, but thats because i don't have much of a social life. ;)

But yeah. They're probably 1,000,000+ so that the manufacturers get a bit of commission every time a GT player buys one. :p Sadly, i suspect one day this will actually be true (maybe not with GT, but still).

jimeez
August 18th, 2014, 03:50 PM
I am still racing every week. I do keep up with things somewhat. They haven't made a dime off me even though I have most of them. There is one car that there was a choice between 2 versions. Think it was the Mercedes, got to check.

pl8ster
September 3rd, 2014, 06:19 PM
Okay, I got my original PS3 fixed and transferred all of its data over to my slim PS3, and I literally bought GT6 two days ago. I'm downloading TEN updates for it now...what else do I need to know? I'm going to see about sifting through this thread, for starters.

SkylineObsession
September 5th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Well, you need to know that there may be yet another update next week. ;)
http://www.gtplanet.net/video-first-look-at-new-gt6-track-circuito-de-la-sierra/

pl8ster
September 9th, 2014, 03:17 AM
But that was posted last week...which means....update this week? :hard:

Freude am Fahren
September 15th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Hey, do you need three PS3's to run triple screen? Or is there a way to do it on one?

pl8ster
September 16th, 2014, 02:51 AM
I don't know, but I can tell you that the update is finally here. Can't wait to try the new track, but other than that...

Update 1.12 (http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3997949.html?t=gt6update)

jimeez
September 16th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Hey, do you need three PS3's to run triple screen? Or is there a way to do it on one?

yep, 3 ps3, 3 GT6 copies

Just d/l the update and got my GT-R for entering the Academy.

pl8ster
September 17th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Seriously digging the new track. Was able to gold the one with the 500 without much trouble, not so much the other two. The AI cars are pathetically stupid, as usual, which leads to inevitable collisions as they drive into my rear 1/4 as I pass, or they brake crazy early, or just change lanes on a straightaway as I prepare to overtake. That being said, I'm having a total blast with the GTO, despite the fact that I can only manage to barely get bronze so far.

Fast As Possible
September 18th, 2014, 08:07 AM
I like the new quick race feature, not having to sift through rooms that are all 'cruise', show off your cheesy rims, or boring drag racing.

Rare White Ape
September 18th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Hmmm, I find the new track to be pretty unremarkable. It's a lot of smooth corners and crests, and not the gnarly ricketty or off-camber bumpiness that I was expecting. See, I thought it was going to be based on real roads. It is a real location, but it looks like someone got a generic track creator and bulldozed a path around the lake.

Freude am Fahren
September 22nd, 2014, 02:17 PM
So every single car I try to enter the Polyphony Digital Cup with is prohibited because of the vehicle tuning rule, but they're not actually tuned. Had to go and buy a new car and go straight to race to . Anyone else seen this?

jimeez
September 22nd, 2014, 03:56 PM
if you owned the cars before the last big update (1.11 or 1.10), then you would have to use the reset button in the settings menu before you can use them. I had several cars that I had to do that too before I could get in a "tuning prohibited) race.

SkylineObsession
September 22nd, 2014, 11:30 PM
Yeah we've encountered that sort of thing in online lobbies. Usually going into gearbox and selecting 'reset to defaults' (even though they already are) seems to work.

And i think the new track is great, especially awesome for 'real' driving, and have hosted a few lobbies for doing so (100-110km/h, keep left, don't pass around blind corners etc, can drive both directions, road cars only and so on).

Also don't get me started on the Polyphony Digital cup. They had the formula absolutely PERFECT in Gran Turismo 3(?);
- NO cheating AI cars (rubberbanding/holding back etc, great way to see how much faster the cars are compared to each other
- No tuning allowed
- Every single race lasted 20-30 mins or so (awesome wee mini enduro)

And yadda. I'm so, so gutted they screwed with the formula (especially reducing the laps), as in GT3 they were and probably still are the most fun i've had in the GT series when racing the AI.

pl8ster
September 23rd, 2014, 07:42 AM
I probably like the new track precisely because it's not that technical - I'm not a very good GT driver. But I did finally gold the third challenge, which is awesome since I really loved caning the GTO around the track, and now have one of my own.

I've never tried the lobbies - will have to give that a go. Though this 'driving on the left' thing sounds crazy :lol:

Zevious Zoquis
November 14th, 2014, 05:16 AM
I like Sierra OK. It's a nice track for taking a fast car out for a cruise...

What I'm really enjoying right now though is the Senna Lotus. It's a super fun car to drive! Much more drivable and less twitchy than any of the other "F1 type" cars I've tried in GT. You can actually chuck it around some and it's got a very lively feel. I've been taking it out on Nurby - something I'd never do with any of the other "jet's on wheels" cars before - and it's a blast...my best so far is a 6:14

SkylineObsession
November 15th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Yeah i love that car too. Mainly cos of the sound, and how it loses traction so easily in a straight line. :D

FaultyMario
December 3rd, 2015, 02:26 PM
Just got the game. Mainly for the editor

Plz gift me a big V8 for testing my creations.

Kthxby.

FaultyMario
January 14th, 2016, 06:11 AM
So tell me again. why do you get lose all your credits after a race? Is that part of making GT the real robbery simulation?

balki
February 8th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Is it me, or are the physics bullocks? Used to think they were fine (aside from the lack or aero drag and exaggerated drafting) for something designed to be operated by the DS3, but then I try out FM6 and realized that GT6 feels like the cars a 1/18 models; no real weight to them and snappy tires (too much then too little grip with almost nothing in between)
Supposedly GT7 will based on GT6's physics.
Do the consoles have anything other then GT and Forza?

Kchrpm
February 8th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Project CARS

Rare White Ape
February 8th, 2016, 12:19 PM
^ yep, times eleventy.

I pretty much stopped playing GT when Project CARS came out.

But to compare games I think the ultimate test is to set them all up properly with a steering wheel, but sadly that's a very expensive way of doing things.

Godson
February 8th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Gt6 feels good with a wheel. Last time I played it though was 8 months ago.

balki
February 9th, 2016, 05:29 AM
GT6 is fine until you try something that's both more realistic and more fun

SkylineObsession
February 10th, 2016, 07:50 PM
I haven't played GT in months, pretty much around the time Forza 6 went on sale maybe?

samoht
February 14th, 2016, 06:34 AM
I'm still enjoying driving GT6. I made myself a hillclimb course (https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/gtxf-Samoht/course/1209144/) with a load of hairpins on Course Maker, ~1000ft of elevation, and am playing that using 400-500pp cars, near stock on CS or SH tyres, variable weather. The AI actually give you a good challenge with near-stock cars, so I keep enjoying it in a Beat, Alpine, Fairlady, FD3s, ...

However, I do have the feeling that the end of an era may be approaching; GT6 isn't exactly fresh, and yet PD seem to be focusing on 'Gran Turismo Sport'. I like the idea of trying to bring some fresh air to the franchise, but I suspect that GTS is going to lose the fun of chucking around and tuning up a wide variety of ordinary cars, which is the thing that keeps me playing it over other games that are more realistic but have less content. I'm wondering if they'll ever actually manage to build a full GT7 product.

balki
February 15th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Back when GT6 was released (2013), Kaz said Gt7 would be based on GT6's physics and that it's much easier to develop on the PS4
So basically we may get GT Sport this year as a prologue and GT7 probably about 2017/8. I wonder if we'll still carry over all those car models from GT2 and GT3 before the first Forza even came out?

SkylineObsession
February 17th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Hope so, cos i like GT being an almost encyclopedia of cars. No matter how detailed they are.

And for the ones they leave out, i turn to Forza.

XHawkeye
April 8th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Took me till today to realize that GT6 online had died 11 days ago. Had quit playing daily 18+ months ago but it fun while it lasted.

samoht
April 14th, 2018, 02:14 AM
It's a shame that our homemade tracks with the Track Path Editor are now all gone, with the shut-down. Not that I was really using them, but it's nice to be able to go back.