PDA

View Full Version : GT6 Updates

Freude am Fahren
January 26th, 2014, 06:42 AM
So as not to bloat the general thread, let's post news and info about updates to the game here.

http://www.gtplanet.net/new-track-vision-gt-x2014-discussed-at-taipei-game-show/

X2014s coming in February along with a new (fantasy) track based in Andalusia, which is going to be longer than the Nurburgring. Also, a side note about 5 Mercedes Vision GT's being made based on SLS's.

Rare White Ape
January 26th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I Google Maps searched for that location. It looks like this new track might skirt around a lake. One half twisty stuff, one half mad high speed return journey up the highway. According to Google, the highway leg is about 13km.

I hope I'm right. It looks utterly bonkers.

Freude am Fahren
January 26th, 2014, 02:31 PM
This is the image that accompanied the article, so you're probably right.

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/new-gt6-track-2-300x168.jpg

SkylineObsession
January 26th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Almost reminds me of Queenstown, NZ, but the mountains aren't high enough.

Looks pretty cool though. :)

Rare White Ape
January 26th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Now that I'm on a proper browser, I can show you the track I imagined.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/preview/dir/36.8456524,-5.3936849/36.8456596,-5.3937262/@36.8437815,-5.3834084,16375m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d-5.3562361!2d36.8542941!3s0xd0d4060e370564d:0xa8ad9 517ca6be5dc!1m0!3e0

Or the track could wind its way through the mountains to the south. And that would be nice.

M4FFU
January 28th, 2014, 02:21 AM
Update!

Red Bull X Challenge – 2nd Part
The 2nd half of the “Red Bull X Challenge” has been added to the Career Mode. In these new challenges, learn how to drive an authentic Formula car directly from the world champion, Sebastian Vettel.
Please note that the International B License is required to enter this challenge. With this update, the “Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard” and “Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Fan Car” have been added to the Dealership in-game.
Release of the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
An alternative version of the “Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo”, released on December 2013 as the first Vision Gran Turismo car, is now available. It is possible to obtain the car by participating in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

Release of the Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept
The “Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept”, a car displayed at the 2013 SEMA show as a part of the collaboration between the Corvette development team and Gran Turismo, is now available in the Dealership in-game. It is also possible to obtain the car by participating in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

Birthday Login Bonus
An in-game car from a year near your year of birth will be sent as a gift when you log in to PSN. The gift car will be distributed within 1 week from your birthday.
The information is taken from the player’s SEN account used.
Remove Ghost Replay feature added
A Remove Ghost Replay button has been added to the Arcade Mode Time Trial and Free Run Quick Menu. You can display this feature by scrolling the right of the menu. This will allow you to remove ghost data that includes unintentional shortcuts.

Prize Information added to Seasonal Events
It is now possible to see what prizes are awarded in the Seasonal Events. This information is displayed on the right side of the Seasonal Events entry screen.

Unique Seasonal Events are now available featuring the Stingray Gran Turismo Concept and the AMG Vision GT Racing Series, with prizes awarded simply for recording a time and not only when achieving gold.

GreatScawt
January 28th, 2014, 06:31 AM
re: Birthday gift car
Fucking yes! The servers were down yesterday, but I got the update. Wonder what it may be.

M4FFU
January 28th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Haha, works quite well for you! :D

GreatScawt
January 28th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Hah, I'm pretty excited, I figured I'd just miss it. But the +/-1 week is nice. :D

Love the additional season events and other stuff, they are keeping this game well updated and interesting. And so far all free? Suck it, Turn10!

Rare White Ape
January 28th, 2014, 12:42 PM
I notice there is now a little banner alongside the car purchase page pointing out whether the car interior is detailed or simplified.

It's a good thing to add, but it really should be in the dealership view to make the search for premium models a lot faster.

Zevious Zoquis
January 28th, 2014, 01:47 PM
I notice there is now a little banner alongside the car purchase page pointing out whether the car interior is detailed or simplified.

It's a good thing to add, but it really should be in the dealership view to make the search for premium models a lot faster.

exactly. Its a meaningless addition where it is. Once I'm looking at that screen I ALREADY KNOW if its a premium or not just by seeing the active gallery button! Stupidity reigns supreme...

M4FFU
January 29th, 2014, 12:53 AM
Filtering my premium only would be my preference.

Dicknose
January 29th, 2014, 04:11 AM
Vettel challenge at Monza, he spun on the first lap and I cruised past... To silver but I beat him.

GreatScawt
January 29th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Son of a BITCH
http://i.imgur.com/MVPdfJQ.jpg

Godson
January 29th, 2014, 06:42 PM
:lol:

M4FFU
January 29th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Hahaha :up:

Rare White Ape
January 30th, 2014, 03:14 AM
Oh dear.

Freude am Fahren
January 30th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Hoon the shit out of that thing!

Kchrpm
January 30th, 2014, 05:36 AM
You could fit an extra engine back there.

GreatScawt
January 30th, 2014, 06:48 AM
I've got $4 million in the bank atm... I'm gonna go ham on this thing.

Godson
January 30th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Before and after y0!

harper
January 31st, 2014, 12:03 AM
:lol:

---

loving the updates and seasonal events. The Red Bull X Challenge races give you a LOT of cash, and are a decent challenge -- I tried the series a couple times the first night, looked down and saw my back account had swollen. Pretty crazy. Not going to complain at all though!

And with the "Interior: Detailed" update, well, at least it makes it easier for anybody getting the game or not as connected with Internet groups a chance. I know I learned that via a forum. Remember, GT5 is somehow the PlayStation 3's top selling game and GT6 is expected to do as well and have a long tail, lots of people who buy the game aren't going to be on this site or other forums online. Lots of chance to not pick up that tip. And can you really complain about changes to make it simpler to understand?

I just hope they add some more Super events. There aren't any series or true enduros in there, surely those will come at some point in the future.

Zevious Zoquis
January 31st, 2014, 03:32 AM
Yeah that's true Harper and I agree re: the new Interior note in the car screen, but still it isn't really a fix that addresses the fundamental problem. If they were going to make a change like that, why the heck not do it right? Some of the design decisions PD makes are so very very strange. All it would take is to add a little gold star or something to the icon in the model selection window for premiums. Simple. Actually though, I think I do know why PD doesn't do that - its because as far as PD (Kaz) is concerned, we shouldn't care whether a car is a premium or a standard. They don't want us drawing that distinction. All the cars are great and we should enjoy them as they are and love them equally! They really don't want to admit that the standards are second rate material...

Godson
January 31st, 2014, 05:11 AM
heh...

So all are "created equal in the eyes of Kaz."

sandydandy
January 31st, 2014, 10:12 AM
I hope future DLC include - Seattle, New York, Hong Kong, Citta di Aria, Costa di Amalfi, Mid-field, and Special Stage Route 11.

Those were my favourite tracks from the previous games. I really hate Cape Ring.

SkylineObsession
January 31st, 2014, 05:48 PM
Yeah that's true Harper and I agree re: the new Interior note in the car screen, but still it isn't really a fix that addresses the fundamental problem. If they were going to make a change like that, why the heck not do it right? Some of the design decisions PD makes are so very very strange. All it would take is to add a little gold star or something to the icon in the model selection window for premiums. Simple. Actually though, I think I do know why PD doesn't do that - its because as far as PD (Kaz) is concerned, we shouldn't care whether a car is a premium or a standard. They don't want us drawing that distinction. All the cars are great and we should enjoy them as they are and love them equally! They really don't want to admit that the standards are second rate material...

The more likely reason is their lack of staff... And the fact that only one person works on each car.

Zevious Zoquis
January 31st, 2014, 07:30 PM
That's the reason they can't put a star in the model selection screen to identify premium models so you don't have to hunt around to determine them yourself? Apparently they had a free hand to put the interior quality ID tag in the car description screen... :?

SkylineObsession
February 1st, 2014, 11:22 AM
Oh, i was meaning the premium vs standard cars thing, mainly referring to your last sentence.

21Kid
February 24th, 2014, 11:25 AM
BOOOO!!!!! I just started playing GT5.

Install some Gran Turismo 5 DLC now or lose it forever on April 30
You won’t be able to reinstall some content after Gran Turismo 5 terminates its online services.

As Sony has previously announced, Gran Turismo 5 online services will be terminated on May 30, ending access to the Online Lobby, Seasonal Events, Museum, News, Community, Remote Race, Log in Bonus and Online Dealership features.

Sony has also announced that all DLC for Gran Turismo 5 will be removed from the PlayStation store earlier, on April 30.

If you purchase a Racing Car Pack, Course Pack and other DLC items, you’ll be able to download and install them again if you acquire the free “Family Upgrade” item and follow the instructions outlined on Gran Turismo’s website.

However, after April 30, you will not be able to download and install the Paint Pack and Racing Gear Pack if you lose or delete Gran Turismo 5’s save data.

The359
May 14th, 2014, 10:27 AM
OK, two big updates this month:

1.07, out now, changes the some settings in online lobbies and changes some controls for replays. Also, adds the BMW Vision GT concept.

Senna update, out May 27th, adds the DAP Racing Kart, Lotus 97T, and two new 1980s layouts for Monza and Brands Hatch.

Freude am Fahren
May 15th, 2014, 04:24 PM
:up:

The359
May 15th, 2014, 06:16 PM
And now announced, Volkswagen VisionGTI coming May 23rd.

SkylineObsession
May 15th, 2014, 10:20 PM
I think the delay on the Vision GT cars is the whole one person per car thing, and how they take 6 months to make. Couple that with the manufacturers themselves spending time designing, and talking with PD about aspects of them.

Its great to see some movement in this area though. :)

Rare White Ape
May 16th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Yeah it'd be pretty embarrassing if that big list of designers filled with only a few cars.

Dicknose
May 16th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Have 6 people and you average one a month.

SkylineObsession
May 16th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Jeez dn, way to put things logically. ;) :P

Maybe they are working on other cars, or tracks, or GT7, or [insert-something-else-here].

EDIT: Oh yeah, and after a local online race event last week i've decided the new false start system is much better than the old one. Basically 5 lights appear on the screen, they light up red one by one and then there is a seemingly different timed pause each time after the last light has turned on beofre they all disappear off the screen and allow you to take off without penalty. If you do jusmp the start you get a two second (possibly changes too) slow down penalty.

Great way to do it. :)

Jegato
June 17th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Red Bull Ring/A-1 Ring supposedly coming in the next update
http://www.gtplanet.net/red-bull-ring-circuit-announced-for-gran-turismo-6/

Zevious Zoquis
June 18th, 2014, 03:53 AM
finally a really substantial update! New tracks ftmfw! :)

The359
June 18th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Update out today: Grand Prix and Short Course for Red Bull Ring.

Also includes the Toyota TS030 Hybrid, Lexus IS CCS-R race car, the Volkswagen Vision GTI, and the Nissan GT-R GT3 Team RJN car that some of you might have already won from GT Academy.

Freude am Fahren
June 18th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Anybody else notice the GPS thing is there finally?? Is there an app or something you can download?

harper
June 23rd, 2014, 03:52 PM
The TS030 is a monster, and I'm so glad there's finally a "new-spec" LMP-H in the game. And just after I spent my stockpile of money, too...shame. The simulated day-night-day again event is pretty fun though, even if I've eaten it a couple times at Ford Chicane!

Red Bull Ring is really fun too. That's a fantastic course, and I'm glad it's worked its way into the game.

SkylineObsession
June 23rd, 2014, 09:11 PM
Yeah it is a cool course, and not exactly one i ever expected to be in GT. I'd kinda forgotten about it after TOCA or an F1 game (whatever game it was in about ten years ago).

Freude am Fahren
June 24th, 2014, 09:02 AM
We have Red Bull to thank for that. Both keeping the track alive of course, but also I'm sure they helped get it in the game with all their involvement with GT. But I don't know why we don't have a RB F1 car yet.

Jegato
February 26th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Midfield raceway is back -> https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-update-1-16-now-available-midfield-raceway-b-spec-mini-vision-gt/

samoht
February 26th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Quite enjoying Midfield, nice update.

Although I have no idea why they went to the trouble of remodelling the track complete with weather and time-of-day, but then completely failed to provide any races that use it. The track is out, but there are no seasonals or online quick races on it, and no endurance races to actually use the weather (neither real endurance races, nor GT6-style accelerated ones).

I've set a little challenge over on GTPlanet, to get under a minute on Midfield Reverse. RH tyres, no single seaters, otherwise free (i.e. LMP cars and the like).

It's a lot of fun blasting over the start line at 200mph, then immediately having to brake over a blind crest for the duck into the tunnel, also threading the needle through the high speed sweepers towards the end of the lap. The 787B also looks *great* in the replays :)

Godson
February 27th, 2015, 06:31 PM
MIDFIELD!!!???!?!?!?

sandydandy
March 12th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Great news that Midfield is back. I haven't played GT6 in six months, but I'm eager to download this update. I was wondering for a long time what happened to the plan to release one track per month.

I hope they release more soon including my favourite city tracks: Seattle, New York, Hong Kong, and Citta di Aria.

MR2 Fan
March 13th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Great news that Midfield is back. I haven't played GT6 in six months, but I'm eager to download this update. I was wondering for a long time what happened to the plan to release one track per month.

I hope they release more soon including my favourite city tracks: Seattle, New York, Hong Kong, and Citta di Aria.

ugh, I hate the Hong Kong track with a PASSION

FaultyMario
March 13th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Only city track I liked was Rome at night.

Yw-slayer
March 14th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Yeah, the only good thing about the HK track was that it was an HK track.

Godson
March 14th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Sad to say, but I purchased a used ps3 again today for two reasons. Midfield. And to play ff8 again.

sandydandy
March 16th, 2015, 12:41 PM
ugh, I hate the Hong Kong track with a PASSION I wasn't too crazy about the actual track either...but the visuals were amazing. All part of the experience.

SkylineObsession
March 16th, 2015, 09:14 PM
The HK track wasn't too bad (and does look awesome), but my fave street track is Opera Paris, because of the curvature of the road.

Finding Madrid is awesome for drifting around though.

Zevious Zoquis
March 25th, 2015, 07:09 PM
I really like the new Alpine vision GT car.

I'm actually kind of enjoying the Vision GT thing. Some crazy cars! It's stupid, but a few of them are pretty nice.

Jacee
April 12th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Heh... 16 updates on GT6, and only 16 hours to download all of them ... :twitch:

Freude am Fahren
April 12th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I haven't done much updating of games on the PS3, since GT6 is really the only thing I play on it, but the update system seems to be really inefficient.

Godson
April 12th, 2015, 07:25 PM
I can't update my game. Because the amount of data required just for the updates is more than the 12gb of space the PS3 I have can handle. I need to get the HD case and a HD to put in it.

Jacee
April 12th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Well Cookiemonster99 bought the 125 gb PS3 ... lol ... as if he didn't have enough to do, since retiring http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/jcee/laughing.gif

Freude am Fahren
May 16th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Darren Cox was just on the Radio Le Mans broadcast of the 'Ring 24h, and mentioned you'll be able to virtually drive the GT-R LM NISMO very soon. I'm betting that's in GT6, at least to start. Sure seems obvious, but I don't think it's been official yet.

Yw-slayer
May 16th, 2015, 05:34 PM
I just decided to start playing this again and, like cookie, went out and bought a 500gb hdd to upgrade the already upgraded 160gb had in my launch machine.

samoht
May 17th, 2015, 12:32 AM
The expectation is that the LMP1 Nismo will be the car for the final round of GT Academy, and that it will also be available for the rest of the game from that time. Will be interesting to play with it.

pl8ster
June 5th, 2015, 04:56 AM
I started playing this again recently and some of the races are just beyond my interest, so I've been having B-Spec Guy do them. That NASCAR race at Willow Springs in the International A series was just hellacious. It might have taken BSG two dozen tries to pull that off, and that was with my help.

Yw-slayer
June 5th, 2015, 08:07 AM
I find playing this a relaxing way to end the day. Admittedly, "playing" means using BSG. :lol: