January 30th, 2014, 07:21 AM
I'll start.

GONG XI FA CAI, BROS

Cam
January 30th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Had two snow days in a row.

21Kid
January 30th, 2014, 05:55 PM
To celebrate the Lunar New Year, our lights will feature a fireworks-inspired glow of red and gold tonight and tomorrow night.
We’d like to wish all those who will be welcoming the Year of the Horse across the globe a happy and prosperous new year!
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1601138_819184084765431_380041570_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/empirestatebuilding?hc_location=timeline

Yw-slayer
February 11th, 2021, 07:13 AM
Happy Lunar New Year, bros.

Crazed_Insanity
February 11th, 2021, 07:18 AM
To celebrate the Lunar New Year, our lights will feature a fireworks-inspired glow of red and gold tonight and tomorrow night.
We’d like to wish all those who will be welcoming the Year of the Horse across the globe a happy and prosperous new year!
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1601138_819184084765431_380041570_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/empirestatebuilding?hc_location=timeline

I thought it's gonna be a bullish year? Where did you get the horse from?

Anyway, either way, happy "Bull" Year! :D (Bull, ox, cow... sounds like "New" in chinese BTW!)

Yw-slayer
February 11th, 2021, 10:33 AM
The thread was started in 2014, man.

Crazed_Insanity
February 11th, 2021, 11:15 AM
Holy horse shit! No wonder. My bad! :p

Dicknose
February 11th, 2021, 02:27 PM
We went out to our local Chinese restaurant for dinner last night. Um nothing NY related!
And the food was pretty average - thats what you get from a small country town rather than the city.

Happy New Year! Ox on.

sandydandy
February 12th, 2021, 04:40 PM
Monday is Family Day here in Ontario. For many years (decades probably) people were complaining about the lack of a statutory holiday in February, so a few years ago the government decided to just make one up.

No complaints here. A long weekend is always welcomed.

Crazed_Insanity
February 12th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Monday is Presidents’ Day, a day we used to reflect on all the great past presidents that we’ve had, impeached or not... :p

Yw-slayer
February 1st, 2022, 09:26 PM
Happy second day of Lunar New Year.

Rare White Ape
February 2nd, 2022, 06:06 AM
Happy 7th day of Australia Day 2022

Or more accurately, the 739th day since Australia Day of our Lord the third year of 2020

Leon
February 2nd, 2022, 10:15 PM
Official holiday, Monday. Waitangi Day, which is in honour of the 1841 signing of a treaty between the settlers and the locals.

Unofficial holiday, we've split work into two teams that do one week work from office, one week work from home. So it's not technically a holiday.... buuuuuuuut.

Rare White Ape
December 24th, 2022, 07:22 PM
Yep

FaultyMario
December 24th, 2022, 07:55 PM
I believe a poor woman gave birth to a holy man on a night like tonight.

You may not believe that, and it's okay, caring for one another over electrical signals is as close to a miracle as we're all gun get.

Crazed_Insanity
December 24th, 2022, 09:15 PM
I believe she’s a blessed woman who gave birth to a poor baby! :p

Anyways, that poor baby does want us to care for one another, but please no guns! :p

ABCDEFGHIJK_MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!

Yw-slayer
December 24th, 2022, 09:40 PM
Praise Hail Satan

Rare White Ape
December 24th, 2022, 09:55 PM
I believe a poor woman gave birth to a holy man on a night like tonight.

You may not believe that, and it's okay, caring for one another over electrical signals is as close to a miracle as we're all gun get.

I'm barely acknowledging it. One of my household got Covid a week ago. He's safe and quarantined so the rest of us haven't caught it. I live with my two brothers.

But we have two relatives who are very sick: one has terminal cancer (I didn't think she would make it to the new year) and another has pancreatic cancer and hepatitis, and a third fuckwit who isn't vaccinated. All are over the age of 65. Risking it is too great, so I won't see my mum and dad on Christmas day for the first time ever.

Plus I am fighting with my youngest brother because he has no tolerance for anything beyond even the slightest inconvenience to himself. Oh no I opened a door loudly. Oh no I put something on the wrong spot on the bench. I am not allowed to use deodorant because he says it stuffs up his nose, even though he stinks the whole house out when he smokes bongs in his room. He punches holes in the drywall if I wake him up before 10:30 on weekends. Slams doors, constantly whinges to himself and under his breath, breaks my possessions. He posts shit about me on facebook and uses the most vile language to describe me on a public forum, talks about harming me and my cats, and after he yelled at me on Friday night I've reached the end of my tether so this week I am seeking legal advice about getting a police protection order against him (known as a DVO in some areas). I have been keeping notes and taking screenshots and recording audio of him yelling at the neighbours (for waking him up on weekends) as evidence for a year now.

Merry fucking Christmas indeed.

Crazed_Insanity
December 24th, 2022, 09:56 PM
Praise Hail Satan

Please unignore above post!

“No L” means no Lucifer. You can’t praise him if he doesn’t exist! :p

Merry SpaceXmas!

Crazed_Insanity
December 24th, 2022, 10:03 PM
RWA, so sorry to hear about the bad news. I pray that baby Jesus can directly show you some miracles in your life. Wish you a very merry Christmas and a happier next year!

Yw-slayer
December 25th, 2022, 06:51 AM
Man, sorry to hear about your living situation. Hope it improves soon.

FaultyMario
December 25th, 2022, 07:44 AM
yeah Mick, hope it gets better. having had less than ideal living arrangements i can imagine your situation.

Here's to hoping, Cheers!

Crazed_Insanity
December 25th, 2022, 02:36 PM
Yes! Keep on having faith, hope and love… and know that the best is yet to come!

Mary Xmas!

Yeah Mary was the 1st ever Christian by allowing baby Jesus to live inside of her. Wasn’t an easy thing to do. Nearly ruined her life/engagement… things also weren’t easy for the baby himself… suffered greatly and eventually crucified. As a Christian myself, obviously I also don’t live a trouble free life. Nearly lost my dad during thanksgiving…, I’m assuming God heard my prayers as I was by his side in the hospital… Thankfully dad recovered and was able to get out of the hospital eventually…

In this world we’ll inevitably bump into troubles, but never give up faith, hope and love to press on and do the right things for a better future.

Mary Christmas!

sandydandy
December 25th, 2022, 04:23 PM
Marry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Whatever works for you.

Rare White Ape
December 25th, 2022, 06:37 PM
Man, sorry to hear about your living situation. Hope it improves soon.

No amount of Jesus or praying can help solve my problem, which is why I have been seeking practical real-world solutions like your trained colleagues in the legal profession.

I've made my efforts to try and solve the situation peacefully. That time has passed. And I don't normally post publicly about things like this as I find it an ugly thing to do, but I have been triggered I guess by the time of year and things that have happened so it's probably good to get it off my chest.

Peace, my comrades :)

Crazed_Insanity
December 25th, 2022, 08:45 PM
All I am saying…, is give Prince of peace a chance… :sing:

Anyway, regardless, best wishes to you ape! :p

Yobbo NZ
December 26th, 2022, 12:42 AM
Good luck Mick, hope the little shit doesn't damage any of your sim gear.

Rare White Ape
December 26th, 2022, 05:22 AM
Good luck Mick, hope the little shit doesn't damage any of your sim gear.

To be honest the only thing I worry about is the 49" ultrawide. I have a spare 55" TV to back me up, and to ensure my other gear doesn't get wrecked I'll make it clear that we have a mutually assured destruction arrangement where his PC and 43" TV won't survive. Not that this has stopped him being a destructive motherfucker already, because my mint-in-sealed-box Lego 40th Anniversary Train Set (https://brickset.com/sets/40370-1/LEGO%C2%AE-Trains-40th-Anniversary-Set) that I have stored in the garage has already felt his wrath and been smashed up in a fit of rage by him. Yes it is just Lego. Fight me.

But look, you know... being physically violent doesn't lead you to any good consequences. The patience of a Jedi is my weapon and I have a long fuse in that regard. It is the personal stuff that I sweat about.

And the only reason I really worry about the big monitor is the fact that he can't afford to replace it, thanks to him being so shit with money and racking up a huge bill of credit card debt, plus owing money to his now-former friends and also our other brother who covered his rent for years while he was unemployed. I calculate his money pit to be in the vicinity of $16k or $17k and rising. Also remember that the Aust government allowed people in low economic situations withdraw $10k+$10k of their super during the NCV pandemic. My brother did this and bought a new PC and a tablet and an Apple watch and a set of wireless headphones while also owing his pot dealing buddies over $1000 in ticked up buds.

Bud.

They wanted to kick his bike over and stomp on the fancy Yoshimura exhaust that was bolted onto it.

Heh. Imagine treating people like shit and expecting them to kowtow to your incredibly specific domestic needs.

Cam
December 26th, 2022, 07:58 AM
Dang, sorry to hear, RWA. :(

Tom Servo
December 26th, 2022, 06:27 PM
Holy shit RWA, that's awful. Good luck with all of that.

Rare White Ape
December 26th, 2022, 07:09 PM
Thanks blokes, yeah it sucks. Sorry to turn this thread into a whinge fest so I'll leave it here.

Tom Servo
December 26th, 2022, 07:10 PM
It's all good, that's what holidays are for. I managed to set off an entire fight between my in-laws after complimenting my wife and the dress she wore to Christmas dinner. Holidays are for complaining about lunatics you're related to.

CudaMan
December 27th, 2022, 10:00 AM
Also known as the Airing of Grievances, or something.

Sorry to hear that RWA. Your patience is commendable but if you've exhausted all reasonable options, you gotta protect your peace. That's a terrible situation.

George
December 27th, 2022, 10:46 AM
Airing of Grievances? Oh no, we forgot to put up our Festivus Pole this year.

RWA, I don't know what else to say except best wishes.

Tom Servo
December 29th, 2022, 08:23 PM
I visited my folks over the past couple of days. Strolled the USS Midway. Got a great bottle of Jule Aquavit. Had a Roberto's carne asada burrito.

It may have been after Christmas, but Merry Christmas to me.

Crazed_Insanity
December 30th, 2022, 07:15 AM
Happy New Year’s about to come! ;)

I do miss all the delicious and relatively cheaper eats in SoCal!

Yw-slayer
January 22nd, 2023, 02:39 AM
Happy Chinese and Lunar New Year

Cam
January 22nd, 2023, 06:33 AM
:party:

Crazed_Insanity
January 22nd, 2023, 06:52 AM
I was a bit caught off guard lunar new year is so early this year. Early spring I guess thanks to rabbit running so fast making sure that he won’t lose the race against the turtle again? ;)

Anyway, happy Chinese new year to all! :)

Yw-slayer
September 29th, 2023, 12:41 AM
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

Dicknose
September 29th, 2023, 12:50 AM
Friday before AFL grand final... yes that's a public holiday in Victoria, Australia.

Rare White Ape
October 11th, 2023, 08:06 PM
Returning to this thread because I don't know where else to put it.

Much to our relief Tim moved out a month ago, but I only just found this on Facebook today:

https://i.imgur.com/reTVcy2.png

The police have been contacted and they will be meeting with me for more information. This is now serious.

Suffice to say, please don't bring this up on any social media that you may have contact with me on, just in case it stirs the pot somehow. I'll use here to vent my frustrations if that's OK.

It's also Tim's birthday on Sunday. He won't be getting a card from me.

G'day Mate
October 11th, 2023, 10:12 PM
Dude why you gotta act so tough?

Rare White Ape
October 11th, 2023, 10:44 PM
I can’t help my chest being all puffy.

FaultyMario
December 24th, 2023, 07:58 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GCHJCIcXkAEkAJT.jpg

Merry!

Crazed_Insanity
December 24th, 2023, 09:31 AM
West Bank city, Bethlehem, the birth place of baby Jesus can’t celebrate Christmas this year thanks to war.

Jesus is probably rolling and crying in his… kingdom up above right now… :(

Of course atheists would probably blame God for all the mess created by men.

Thank God humanity also has music…

https://youtu.be/bXmfkFoX-PE?si=zB7_smbW-qGc5pYh

speedpimp
December 24th, 2023, 10:00 AM
First singer looks like Matthew Perry.

Crazed_Insanity
December 24th, 2023, 02:27 PM
Ha! Yeah, I guess he kinda does, except a bit fatter? :p

Anyway, merry Christmas you filthy animals!

https://youtu.be/GbHyghmxeeM?si=vc1CxP8l9OiSa2jr

Rare White Ape
December 26th, 2023, 09:56 PM
I uhhh... didn't post here during Christmas. I guess it was that kinda weekend. Got paid a small fortune to work the 24th, 25th, and 26th. After work I spent the evening of the 25th hanging out with friends and avoiding the family gathering (see above to find out why!) and passed out from too much food and whiskey near-on midnight. Peeled myself off the couch and went to bed at 4am... luckily the next shift I did was a 3pm start :lol:

I must say it was a very satisfying Christmas day, all things considered. My mum was obviously saddedned that I wasn't around even though she didn't outwardly show it, but I took her out for lunch today so that kinda made up for it. One thing that forms a major part of Christmas gatherings is not celebrating the year or the birth of Jesus or any of that nonsense. It is the people who we love that we celebrate. In that regard I am very happy to have close friends in my life who are more than willing to celebrate along with me.

Crazed_Insanity
December 27th, 2023, 07:03 AM
Yeah, for me, that was my dad’s funeral… yeah the actual funeral part sucks, but I was really grateful that my close buddies showed up. Also hanging out with some of the family members who I haven’t seen for a long while even pre-Covid… it was a bitter sweet moment. Although sad, it also felt really good to be supported by friends and family…

Anyway, mama and God can be upset at times, but they will always love you because you’ll always be their cute little white ape! :p

FaultyMario
December 27th, 2023, 04:17 PM
Post Christmas meals with loved ones >>> toxic family gatherings.

Rare White Ape
December 30th, 2023, 11:08 PM
HNY you bunch of former womb occupiers. Jan 1st is just about 6hrs away for me, and less time for south-dwellers like Dicknose, or east-dwellers like Kiwiscanfly.

I'm bringing in the new year in my lounge room because I have a sore ankle then prevents me doing anything too interesting. We will be able to see the fireworks in Surfers Paradise from my balcony.

Crazed_Insanity
December 31st, 2023, 06:19 AM
Thanks for bringing in the new year! I almost forgot about it and be forever stuck in 2023!!!

Happy 2024! :)

MR2 Fan
December 31st, 2023, 05:07 PM
Happy listening to illegal fireworks for 8 hours in the neighborhood day!

FaultyMario
December 31st, 2023, 07:46 PM
May the next twelve months give you three hundred and sixty five wins.

Mofos.

My mofos.

Yw-slayer
February 9th, 2024, 07:04 AM
Happy Chinese New Year all!

Crazed_Insanity
February 9th, 2024, 09:03 AM
Happy new year dude! This is a year of the dragon(long)... and my dad was born in the year of the dragon. So he almost made it to his 84th birthday! :)

Long Xi fat Tsai! (Live long and prosper!)

Whether united or not, I do hope all chinese people can stay peaceful and prosperous.

21Kid
February 10th, 2024, 08:44 PM
Happy Year to of the Dragon!

George
February 19th, 2024, 09:21 AM
I've been at work (in my "home office") since seven o'clock this morning. Almost Noon now, and I just learned President's Day is a company holiday.

Why? When? When I got hired, we had five days off, maybe. The big ones. I don't even know what's going on anymore.

Crazed_Insanity
February 19th, 2024, 10:35 AM
Definitely one of the drawbacks of working from home... when it's a holiday, you're still slaving away at home! :p