PDA

View Full Version : No More XBox Live?

Kchrpm
February 21st, 2014, 10:41 AM
Soon after my latest XBox 360 started to refuse to read discs, I got the email informing me that my XBox Live subscription would be auto-renewed shortly. That seems like a pretty good sign that it's time to cancel it, ending a 10? year run.

I know Jason has let his lapse before, anyone else decided to go without?

GreatScawt
February 21st, 2014, 10:46 AM
I let mine auto-renew then never touched it (besides grab the free games).

Cam
February 21st, 2014, 10:56 AM
I cancelled my subscription when I moved to California. I eventually got a new subscription, obviously. I still use XBL a lot.

Rare White Ape
February 21st, 2014, 12:25 PM
I cancelled mine about four years ago.

Jason
February 21st, 2014, 04:12 PM
Mine lapsed for a while because I wasn't playing anything, and I can use my Apple TV for media. Now I'm playing GTA online, so I'm subscribed again. :up:

Fiat500
February 21st, 2014, 04:32 PM
I kind of lost touch with gaming a couple of years ago. Just the occasional Forza or Battlefield session. Then I began playing World of Tanks. A lot.

Plus, now my son is playing Minecraft and Disney Infinity (etc) with his friends, and also with his cousin who lives in another part of the country, which is great.

Was this helpful?

[_] Yes

[_] No

[_] Maybe

[_] Mayonnaise

Rare White Ape
February 21st, 2014, 05:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

SkylineObsession
February 23rd, 2014, 11:55 PM
Man i love that song. :hard:

If ya'll are talking about Xbox Live Gold, the longest i've had it for is a month or so i think. Bought it so i could finish Forza 2 or 3 to 100%, or try to anyway.

Just signed in for the first time in over half a year (first time for the 360 too) to get rid of the rest of my Microsoft points (850 points = $14.56?NZ). So just bought the Porsche expansion pack for Forza 4.

Rob
February 24th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Mine's been up and running since 03. Never let it expire as I play once or twice a week wit' ma boyz.

Yw-slayer
February 24th, 2014, 05:04 AM
I let mine lapse after I stopped turning on my third 360 for fear that it would implode.

Now that I have Ikrauga on Steam it may finally be time for me to get rid of the damn thing and all the games. TDU is actually the only thing that keeps it in our household.

Godson
February 24th, 2014, 07:16 AM
I play mostly on-line. So I'll keep mine running.

Rare White Ape
February 24th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Man, TDU is vintage by now!

It's hard to remember how long this generation has stayed with us and how many great things have come out of it in that time.

NoKnownCure
February 24th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Crazy thing - I've kept my XBL despite it mainly being used for media related stuff for the last few years (until Nov last year we didn't have on-demand TV except on the laptop). I still game but mainly as an anti-social activity, so I have been thinking about canning it. Ten I think I need to make more time for gaming so that I can be slightly less unsociable with some my game time. Or buy a PS3 and do that instead :p

M4FFU
February 25th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Kept it going for NetFlix, but so long as I find World of Tanks interesting, I'll keep it running.

lostnight
March 26th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Do you need to pay any more if you have XBL for the 360 and also buy an Xbox One and take that online?

Rare White Ape
March 27th, 2014, 03:26 AM
You should be ok running one account across two consoles. They'd be crazy to double-dip on you.

21Kid
March 27th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I switch back and forth all the time.

lostnight
March 27th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks!

Cam
April 20th, 2021, 07:55 AM
I finally let my XBL subscription lapse. I was only occasionally playing Rocket League. Even that had become less and less frequent lately. I am even thinking of selling the Xbox.

Kchrpm
April 20th, 2021, 09:05 AM
Despite starting this thread, I ended up doing the opposite recently: I got 3 years of it and then converted it to Game Pass Ultimate for $1.

Rare White Ape
April 20th, 2021, 02:19 PM
On the topic of no more Xbox Live, there literally will be no more Xbox Live sometime soon. They’re rebranding it to Xbox Network, which is in-line with Sony’s naming of their rival service for PlayStation consoles.

It will be cheaper for some people, and F2P games such as Fortnite will now be playable without having to pay the subscription fee to access the service.

Tom Servo
April 20th, 2021, 04:55 PM
Well, this reminds me that I don't think I've turned the XBox on in a good 7-8 months. It's basically an expensive Rock Band 4 machine now, which we play less and less these days.

Still, RB4 is so much fun that I feel like I need to keep it as long as I can.

Blerpa
April 21st, 2021, 06:55 AM
I almost never play with my Xbox One S, I use it just as an 4K BD and media player.
Also I noticed I did not care much about PC Gamepass since I already own the only games in there I play frequently on my PC (Forza Horizon 4, Forza Motorsports 7, Forza Horizon 3 and Minecraft Bedrock).
So last month I got rid of my Ultimate subscription (Live Gold + Xbox Gamepass + PC Gamepass + Cloud Gaming) as it was a good 13 euro per month going down the drain.
Not missing it at all so far.

Cam
April 21st, 2021, 11:50 AM
My Xbox will probably become simply the Mass EffeXbox. ;)