PDA

View Full Version : New Lamborghini: Huracan

Kchrpm
February 27th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Is it a stark change? No, but did it really need to be? Looks good to me, look forward to seeing it in person

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/27/lamborghini-huracan-lp-610-4-deep-dive/

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/adam/c3fff3b9cc8dc211c64da2a00e21dacd/lamborghi-huracan-00-1.jpg

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/adam/1ca11a94477b6d33105ba872ac22eab4/lamborghi-huracan-07-1.jpg

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/adam/a1bf45507373377d47f9f80bcc33494/lamborghi-huracan-11-1.jpg

Godson
February 27th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I like it. Sleeker design than the Gallardo, but still Lamborghini attitude.

I still wouldn't own a lambo.

Kchrpm
February 27th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Given the funds to own several dozen similarly priced cars, I would own a Lamborghini. More to the point, though, I'm glad they exist as something I can enjoy as a spectator or virtual driver.

Random
February 27th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Word.

Make mine one with a big honkin' V12, though. :D

Godson
February 27th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Totally understand.

Mr Wonder
February 27th, 2014, 12:01 PM
I really, really like it. It's much more elegant than the Gallardo yet still aggressive looking.

Crazed_Insanity
February 27th, 2014, 12:16 PM
More elegant for sure, but not sure if that fits Lambo's image! ;)

I have to echo the sentiment that if I'm in the market to buy a car in that price range, Lambos probably won't be on the top of my list. Now, if I do have too much money to spend and have already purchased all the cars on the top of my list, then of course I'd buy them. :p

Denetti
February 27th, 2014, 12:37 PM
I love it. Looks like a manta ray.

Now just slap a big wing on the back and film modern Cannonball Run. :D

GreatScawt
February 27th, 2014, 12:51 PM
It's beautiful and elegant and still has that Lambo look and appeal. Really like the interior... that's how to do it.

How not to do it? See the Huayra. Awful.

Freude am Fahren
February 27th, 2014, 01:36 PM
I don't get the people saying it doesn't fit the Lambo style. I think the Gallardo is much more benignly styled. That German/Audi influence felt strong in that one.. This has a bit of that eccentricity Lambo's should have. Like a more taught Aventador. I really like it.

Godson
February 27th, 2014, 02:36 PM
It's beautiful and elegant and still has that Lambo look and appeal. Really like the interior... that's how to do it.

How not to do it? See the Huayra. Awful.

And yet I love the Huayra.

Yw-slayer
February 27th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I love 'em all. Briefly (2 minutes) flirted with the idea of picking up a very used Gallardo or R8 last year, until I realised that if my wife didn't kill me, the maintenance would. Plus I'd rather buy a Subaru WRC car.

Rob
February 28th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Not too keen from the front. The styling makes it look like the hood is near vertical.

From every other angle it looks good though.

Phil_SS
February 28th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Looks fantastic.

GreatScawt
February 28th, 2014, 12:48 PM
And yet I love the Huayra.

I speak strictly of the interior. It looks like dollar-store-Steampunk to me.

Godson
February 28th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Oh that.....yeah. I try not to think about it.

The359
February 28th, 2014, 02:25 PM
As with the Gallardo, it gets a big meh from me. The rear overhang is way short once more which makes it look odd.

overpowered
February 28th, 2014, 03:23 PM
I generally don't get that interested in Lambos but like others, I'm kind of glad that they exist.

I also wouldn't say no to one of these in good shape:

http://cdn.boldride.com/lamborghini/1970/thumb/lamborghini-miura-s.654x436.Oct-24-2012_16.16.06.114634.jpg

LHutton
March 1st, 2014, 01:12 AM
Other alternatives for your money (that you 'borrowed' from a bank with a ski mask):

http://www.undergroundracing.com/vehicles/lamborghini-gallardo.html

Jason
March 2nd, 2014, 05:46 AM
The front looks fake. O.o

Rare White Ape
March 3rd, 2014, 01:37 AM
This looks fat. The Gallardo looks svelte.

Bring back svelte.

Rare White Ape
March 3rd, 2014, 01:38 AM
Oh, and I happen to think that the Gallardo is one of the best-styled cars of the last 20 years.

Sad, little man
March 4th, 2014, 05:27 PM
It looks ok, but here's my problem with any Lambo that isn't the flagship model... Lamborghinis are the gold standard for what an exotic car should be. There are some faster cars out there, but a Lamborghini is a goddamn Lamborghini.

But that leaves the non-flagship Lamborghini in an untenable position. It's a paradox. It's simultaneously the coolest car in the world, but also not the coolest car, because it's the second coolest car.

Sorry, but the non-flagship Lambo to me has always said "I wanted to have the coolest car in the world, but I just couldn't quite swing the truly coolest car, so I got this."

Yw-slayer
March 4th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I know exactly what you mean. Hence, the only way to understand cars like the Gallardo is to say that it's the coolest car in the world IN THAT SEGMENT.

Freude am Fahren
March 4th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Yeah, unless you buy a Gallardo because it's a better car on the track/in the corners (you better be buying the right version in that case) or because you want to put 1500hp into it, you're buying one because you can't afford a Murc/Aventador. I haven't really got the Gallardo for the past 5 years or so. I never thought it was particularly good looking. Other than the Superleggera versions, I don't think it really had the performance to warrant it over a 458. When it was up against the 430, it made a bit more sense. But really, ever since the R8 came out with the V10, I think I'd rather have that car.

Kchrpm
March 4th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Say what you want about the Gallardo, but it has been making them money and satisfying customers for around a decade now. You may not think it's worth getting, but a ton of people in the market do, and that's what matters. So what if you can't afford the flagship? Do you think anyone you actually care about will look down on you?

Godson
March 4th, 2014, 08:22 PM
If just talking For 80k new/used segment....

Track rat would be an Ultima GTR for me.

For merely the 'exotic car' status. 512TR/Testarossa.

/end discussion

Yw-slayer
March 4th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Say what you want about the Gallardo, but it has been making them money and satisfying customers for around a decade now. You may not think it's worth getting, but a ton of people in the market do, and that's what matters. So what if you can't afford the flagship? Do you think anyone you actually care about will look down on you?

It's the internet, man, do you think anyone cars what YOU think? :p

Rare White Ape
March 4th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I always saw the flagship Lambo as a hyper-retardo-exotico-motherfucker piece of status symbol/art/penile compensation.

Whereas the Gallardo to me was always the long-overdue, more raceable, better handling, lighter and more nimble offering from the company that also happened to make crazy hyper-exotics. And it's true, the Gallardo has performed admirably as a GT3 machine.

If you compare Lamborghini to Ferrari, both companies make the same type of cars (take the F40/50/Enzo and the F360/430/456 for example) and nobody complains that the smaller cars were the "less-cool" Ferraris.

KillerB
March 5th, 2014, 12:40 AM
There's not a damn thing wrong with the Gallardo, other than the doors open normally, and that they're almost universally driven by complete toolbelts.

Yw-slayer
March 5th, 2014, 01:54 AM
So it's like an E-Class, but more expensive, has only 2 doors, and is generally faster?

Kchrpm
March 5th, 2014, 05:11 AM
It's the internet, man, do you think anyone cars what YOU think? :p
You guys do :( :( :( :(

Yw-slayer
March 5th, 2014, 05:12 AM
That's what YOU think. :finger:

novicius
March 5th, 2014, 06:09 AM
If you compare Lamborghini to Ferrari, both companies make the same type of cars (take the F40/50/Enzo and the F360/430/456 for example) and nobody complains that the smaller cars were the "less-cool" Ferraris.
This. :up:

The Huracan looks bad assed. Diggin' it. 8)

Godson
March 5th, 2014, 07:38 AM
There's not a damn thing wrong with the Gallardo, other than the doors open normally, and that they're almost universally driven by complete toolbelts.

Other than the door mention, this easily applies to the Ferrari's also IMO.

Freude am Fahren
March 5th, 2014, 09:21 AM
I always saw the flagship Lambo as a hyper-retardo-exotico-motherfucker piece of status symbol/art/penile compensation.

Whereas the Gallardo to me was always the long-overdue, more raceable, better handling, lighter and more nimble offering from the company that also happened to make crazy hyper-exotics. And it's true, the Gallardo has performed admirably as a GT3 machine.

That's kinda my point. I just thought the other options in that category were better than the Lambo, especially for the last half decade as the Gallardo got kinda dated looking. It's just my opinion though. I don't look down on people who bought the Gallardo because they wanted a Lambo, but the Murc or Aventador were out or reach, but I think that is a lot of the customers for that car. It's just an opinion, not a judgement.

Rare White Ape
March 5th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Gallardo looking dated? Nahhhhh....

(Been waiting for an excuse to use this pic)

http://put.edidomus.it/auto/mondoauto/attualita/foto/415641_8363_big_2013-lamborghini-gallardo-lp-570-4-squadra-corse-4.jpg

Drachen596
March 5th, 2014, 03:58 PM
One Huracan and one Gallardo please.

i must be one of the few who don't like the Murcielago or Aventador.

Freude am Fahren
March 5th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Maybe it's because I live in South Florida, so I see a couple base roadsters like every day.

Godson
March 6th, 2014, 02:18 PM
One Huracan and one Gallardo please.

i must be one of the few who don't like the Murcielago or Aventador.

I love the murc and aventador, and would totally take them over the f12. Because of hips. Gotta have hips.

12 > 10 ALWAYS.

Yw-slayer
March 6th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Gotta have hips.

I agree. Here.

Drachen596
March 7th, 2014, 05:23 AM
They dont have hips. The murcielago and aventador just have massive massive rear ends.

LHutton
March 10th, 2014, 12:32 PM
No manual transmission anymore because people had all but stopped ordering them anyway.