PDA

View Full Version : Can I just Say...

tigeraid
January 7th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I am fucking delighted that Quoting someone looks like quoting someone again? Please don't get rid of that, whatever you do. :toast:

Random
January 7th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Indeed. :lol:

overpowered
January 7th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Yeah. I missed proper quoting. I could never understand why phpBB went with that style.

Kchrpm
January 7th, 2014, 03:03 PM
It was especially weird because the mobile version of the site had proper quote boxes IIRC.

Jason
January 7th, 2014, 03:59 PM
It was especially weird because the mobile version of the site had proper quote boxes IIRC.
^ that

SkylineObsession
January 8th, 2014, 07:45 PM
phpBB? *Goes to look*

Holey crap, i had no idea that they were phpBB forums. :o In that case, the crappy quotes were NOT because of phpBB, but because of the n00b who designed the skin/theme that the forums were using, which possibly could have been fixed in the Admin CP.

I've been playing around with phpBB forums for years, and that was definitely not a good skin/theme.

Random
January 9th, 2014, 06:20 AM
The admincp at the Refuge was lame, at best.

SportWagon
January 14th, 2014, 11:44 AM
If I recall correctly, the quoting at the Refuge was initially good, and suddenly one day deteriorated.

Hmm. Unless that was my perception because of my browser "upgrade". For a while I did most of my browsing using the last Firefox update for an old Ubuntu release. From 2008, I think.

That is, perhaps the quoting actually looked better in obsolete browsers.

There were two levels of admin at the Refuge weren't there? NQ (and others?) could change some things.

Random
January 14th, 2014, 11:53 AM
No, your recollection is correct. The quote formatting was fine for a while and then switched. :?

One level of admin, crappy AdminCP, little control over things that mattered. vB is SO MUCH better.

SkylineObsession
January 20th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I've never had any problem with the admin cp in phpBB.

I tried a few demo versions of vb (years ago) and found the admin cp slightly 'messy' compared to phpbb.

Random
January 20th, 2014, 03:11 PM
The freeforums software wasn't full phpBB; it was a locked down, neutered version. :)

SkylineObsession
January 20th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Ah.

Yeah, been there, done that (not with phpBB), and free forums hosted on free sites are free for a reason... :/

Dicknose
January 21st, 2014, 01:41 AM
I am fucking delighted that Quoting someone looks like quoting someone again? Please don't get rid of that, whatever you do. :toast:

Let me quote you on that!!

GreatScawt
January 22nd, 2014, 05:30 AM
Let me quote you on that!!

Here here

Godson
January 22nd, 2014, 01:27 PM
A quick script change in Chrome allowed normal quoting....nancy boys.

Rob
January 27th, 2014, 04:28 AM
Deliciously functional banner logo.

Random
January 27th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Drop shadow!! :D :D

The use of GIMP was never more appropriate... :lol: