PDA

View Full Version : Mirror's Edge sequel/reboot

novicius
March 12th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Mirror's Edge Gets Leaked Details, Out in 2016 – Report (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mirror-s-Edge-Gets-Leaked-Details-Out-in-2016-Report-431673.shtml)

First up, it seems that it will feature an open world that can be explored by players in all sorts of ways, and there might even be a persistent online experience through which other players can drop in and out of the world. Players can choose how they interact with others and even engage in cooperative or competitive encounters, like time trials.

The new Mirror's Edge will also feature some more varied enemies, ranging from the regular Protectors, to melee combat experts like Sentinels and armored, gun-wielding Enforcers. This time around, Faith won't have any access to guns, unlike the limited mechanic that was present in the first game.

Faith will employ basic hand-to-hand combat against her foes, as she can push, punch, and kick enemies, while using the environment to her advantage, from ledges, to tables, or railings. There's a big emphasis on speed and fluidity in combat, but also employing parkour moves like wall running, flips, and other martial arts moves. During cool takedowns, the camera might jump to a slow-mo third-person view so that players can admire their own skills.

Even with these new combat elements, DICE is thinking of Mirror's Edge as a sort of racing game, allowing fans access to a speedy parkour system and a fluid environment that doesn't make them stop in order to survey their surroundings. The combat sequences are also scattered throughout the environment in such a way that they don't break up the free running that much.

Last but not least, the report says that DICE is planning to launch the new Mirror's Edge in 2016 for the PC, Mac, PS4, and Xbox One platforms.

TheBenior
March 12th, 2014, 08:12 AM
I'm surprised this got green-lighted by EA, given how the first Mirror's Edge may have, at best, broken even.

21Kid
March 12th, 2014, 08:19 AM
I enjoyed it. :)

Phil_SS
March 12th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Same here. I love puzzle action games like this or Portal.

2016 is a long time.

M4FFU
March 14th, 2014, 01:58 AM
LOVED the first game, but damn - 2016?!

Alan P
March 14th, 2014, 06:08 PM
EA will have prioritised SW Battlefront I'd assume. BF4 DLC will take them up until Q3/Fall this year I'd say so SWB3 will come out late 2015 then ME2 after that.

Yw-slayer
March 17th, 2014, 02:51 AM
Just buy TITANFALL if you want hot parkour action.