PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Gold

thesameguy
March 12th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I'm sure I'll post something else in this thread at some point, but I thought I'd mention Soul Calibur V is like $4 on XBL for Gold members right now. SC and Killer Instinct are possibly my two favorite fighting games of all time (big fan of DOA, too, actually) but I checked out of Soul Calibur (and all fighting games, actually) many years ago. For $4, I couldn't say no to V so I bought it last night. Yep, still fun to play, but I have zero recollection of any of the old moves - not that they'd necessarily work in V anyway. Kinda excited about going home tonight and going through the training! :D

Tom Servo
March 12th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Will check that out...XBL's been having a bunch of free games, I think the one up until March 15th is Sid Meier's Civilization Revolutions or something like that. I gotta pick that up.

Cam
March 13th, 2014, 12:02 PM
The last few games that have been free have not held my interest. DELETED.

However, I bought Limbo for 80% off last week. :)

Tom Servo
March 15th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Almost forgot to get Civ, thanks for the reminder! Also pleased to find out you can buy it via the website, made it pretty easy to buy it and then forget about it like I do with most Steam purchases.

thesameguy
March 18th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Haha - that's what I've been doing. I have an Outlook reminder to download the GWG title on the 1st and 16th. It does suck when I eventually power up the xbox, though, as it generally has to go download 10gb of crap.

I'm totally hoarding these games, too. I've not played one of them. I don't tend to play video games during the warm months, though. I'm just filling up the hard drive for a rainy day. ;)

Random
March 18th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Might need to move to Arcata for one of those any time soon. :p

thesameguy
March 18th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Might as well put this here:

Newegg has coupon code EMCPGWB87, which takes 20% off Windows Store (phone, tablet, xbox) gift card purchases.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?SID=H0Xdyq7DEeO3vd5GYZhP-Afrf2_yw0-3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&Description=PPSSNERZUASMAO&bop=And&Pagesize=100&Page=1&cm_sp=

$50 gift card for $40 makes for some nicely discounted games!

thesameguy
March 18th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Might need to move to Arcata for one of those any time soon. :p

Seriously. OTOH, I'm getting a ton of yard & car work done. :D

Hopefully they don't start metering our water til the end of the year, or even our meager, conservative usage is going to cost of fortune. :( Maybe I should buy a lot of bark and play more video games.

thesameguy
April 16th, 2014, 03:57 PM
I have a $17 promotional balance on my xbl expiring in 27 hours... quick - what is something good to use it on?

speedpimp
April 16th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Hookers and blow?

thesameguy
April 16th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I'm not sure Microsoft sells that, and frankly if they did I don't think I'd want that. I don't want to know what the bugs in MS: Hookers v1 would look like.

Cam
April 17th, 2014, 03:38 AM
Any or all of the Trials games if you don't already have 'em. Great, simple fun.

Castle Crashers is a blast too.

thesameguy
April 17th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I ended up picking up Contrast and The Bridges. I almost went for Trials Evolution, but the fun of the original wore off for me a little early and I was worried about that with the new version. It does look amazing though - I might very well come back to it.

Cam
April 17th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Deadlight is free right now. Might as well get it. Don't bother with Trials Evo if the novelty wore off the first one quick. It's more of the same.

thesameguy
April 17th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I downloaded Deadlight. I've downloaded all the GWG games, and played exactly zero of them. I'll play catch up in the winter. :)

21Kid
April 18th, 2014, 04:47 AM
I've been downloading most of the GWG games. I don't know if I'll ever get around to playing them. But, it's nice to have the option. :)

Cam
April 18th, 2014, 07:13 AM
I try them when I download them, if I haven't tried them before. Some I keep and some I delete. For example, I'm interested in playing Hitman and Deadlight but I deleted Civilization and Iron Brigade.

21Kid
April 18th, 2014, 07:20 AM
you just deleted them?

I liked Civ Rev. :) I didn't get Iron Brigade though. I have like 6 of them pending because I ran out of space. :o

Cam
April 18th, 2014, 08:52 AM
What can I say, I didn't like Civ. I'm not into tower/base defence games either.

As long as you "buy" a game when it's free, you can download it again any time.

21Kid
April 21st, 2014, 05:07 AM
Yeah, that's what I did. I "bought" them all for free, so I can download and play them when I get a chance.

thesameguy
May 23rd, 2014, 02:02 PM
I don't know where it's from, but I have another expiring balance.

I'm thinking about getting some combination of Charlie Murder, Child of Light, The Wolf Among Us, and/or Walking Dead.

Anyone played any of these?

Tangentially related, I never played Saints Row III outside of two minutes at a friend's house, but it's the GwG title right now and I've played the crap out of it. The first such title that's gotten any real attention.

Fiat500
May 23rd, 2014, 02:43 PM
I thought I should get Saint's Row III, but my hard drive is on the full side, and II has been sitting unplayed on the shelf for years now. I just don't play as much as I used to.

Also - free Gold membership for everyone this weekend.

thesameguy
May 23rd, 2014, 03:01 PM
I never really paid attention to the SR games until 3, and I wasn't really that excited about 3. But 4 came out and looked good, and I'm still perturbed about GTAV being limited to the PS3 & 360, so 3 is filling my need for electronic mayhem. I certainly wouldn't have bought it - or any game right now - but it's free and hilarious, so I figured I'd get into it. ;)

thesameguy
June 2nd, 2014, 09:49 AM
Glad I am lazy, Charlie Murder is on the June free x360 games with gold list... woulda sucked to $10 for it days before it was given away. Score one for procrastination!

Jason
June 29th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is free right now :up:

thesameguy
June 30th, 2014, 10:52 AM
And it ROCKS!

Jason
June 30th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I'm having fun with it so far. Did a few fights with a friend... we both mostly button mashed :lol:

Cam
February 5th, 2015, 05:13 AM
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is the free game right now. I'm enjoying it. Best free game in a while. You simultaneously control the older brother with the left stick/LT and the younger brother with the right stick/RT. Simple to play until you have to get them doing separate things at the same time. I think it's a terrible oversight that there is no co-op game play, considering there is two characters on the same screen. However, I can see how that would affect the game experience. The feel of the game is almost Limbo meets Ico, but the tasks have been easier so far. Check it out.

novicius
February 5th, 2015, 05:41 AM
Yeah, I'd read good things about that game. :up:

I thought this was a good list. (http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/best-xbox-live-arcade-games/)

Cam
February 6th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Brothers is well done. However, it seemed quite short.

It is also disturbingly tragic.

Cam
May 14th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Assasin's Creed 4 is, or was, the free game for the first half of this month. I was not into the earlier games, so I ignored it, initially. My brother and I chat over XBL often, even when we're playing different games. He talked about the game and how he was enjoying it. I didn't like it at first, but stuck it out until I got a ship and the fleet menu. Now I'm having more fun being a pirate than playing the actual story or collecting the junk the game expects you to collect. :lol:

Kchrpm
May 15th, 2015, 11:57 AM
I haven't played 4, explain the life and times of Cam the pirate in as much or little detail as you'd like, please.

21Kid
May 15th, 2015, 01:10 PM
I got it like two months ago and haven't played it yet... I'm starting to feel like YW. :(

speedpimp
May 16th, 2015, 03:55 PM
I got 3 & 4 as a pack in with my xBone. Haven't played either one yet either.

Alan P
May 16th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Haven't played any of the games on any system at all.

Cam
May 19th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Finished the main story line in Assassin's Creed IV. The credits were literally 20 minutes long! :eek: