PDA

View Full Version : battlefield 4.

Godson
March 18th, 2014, 08:59 PM
So, after 5 months of a broken game. Ive had enough. The game still crashes all the time, will not keep player data saved, and ultimately never runs smooth.

This drives me insane. I love the battlefield franchise. But it simply couldn't be bothered for another attempted game to freeze with no care from EA.

Yw-slayer
March 19th, 2014, 03:13 AM
I haven't even finished the SP campaign. Having said that, Titanfall has some problems of its own, but is pretty stable otherwise.

<--- FANBOY OF USING MS AZURE CLOUD TO RUN SERVERS

Godson
March 19th, 2014, 01:13 PM
What sort of problems? The game has literally crashed on me 6 times in a row before being able to play a single life.

It sucks, because I really enjoy the game...when it works.

2ndMoparMan
March 20th, 2014, 03:10 PM
How about going to a real massively multiplayer shooter, called Planetside 2.

Godson
March 20th, 2014, 03:43 PM
More people isn't what I am looking to shoot at, I just want something that is 'somewhat realistic' with things like bullet drop, building destruction, etc. That doesn't freeze.

2ndMoparMan
March 21st, 2014, 07:54 AM
Bullet drop is definalty a thing in PS2, long as you don't go Vanu. Fuckin barneys...

Godson
March 24th, 2014, 10:43 AM
So a funny nuance. Talking with some people I play with said my crashing issues were r/t having ALL the updates on my system.

You read that right. Because I had all of them installed.

I deleted all the updates except the most recent one and it ran flawless for 4 hours of play.

Interesting fix if you ask me.

21Kid
March 24th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Heh. I should probably just sell this game. I don't see myself playing it anytime soon. Which is sad, because I really like the series.

Godson
March 24th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Too busy to play it previously?

It seems to have really come together now it doesn't crash all the time.

21Kid
March 24th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Did they fix all of the bugs too?

Godson
March 24th, 2014, 08:45 PM
As far as i can tell. I haven't had a large amount of time with it yet. But it seemed to flow so much better than it ever had last night.

It acted like BF3 but awesomer. What sort of bugs were bothersome to you?

21Kid
March 25th, 2014, 06:06 AM
To me, it felt like a COD game. Bad spawns. Shots not registering. etc...

GreatScawt
March 25th, 2014, 06:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdnc1lQhNZs

A pretty respected BF youtuber posted his thoughts on the differences. Good video. Still would like to get the BF4 XBone premo edition if they ever do it.

21Kid
March 25th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Pretty much... It's prettier, but not as good.

Godson
March 25th, 2014, 12:43 PM
I see. I played a round on Hardcore and I did not notice the issues of the hit detection not registering. Though that might be from the lack of other things running allowed the net code to be smoother. I don't know.

21Kid
March 26th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Admittedly, I have a pretty slow DSL connection. I'm sure that doesn't help things any.
:(

lostnight
March 26th, 2014, 02:21 PM
So, after 5 months of a broken game. Ive had enough. The game still crashes all the time, will not keep player data saved, and ultimately never runs smooth.

This drives me insane. I love the battlefield franchise. But it simply couldn't be bothered for another attempted game to freeze with no care from EA.
What system do you play BF4 with? It looks appealing to me, something to try other than COD again. But I want to try it on a new system, maybe. I just have the 360 now. Also, I have my PC, which is decent for playing World of Tanks and War Thunder, but fell a little bit short in the minimum performance test for BF4.

Godson
March 26th, 2014, 06:25 PM
360. It is running considerably better after deleting all but the most recent update. I do mean CONSIDERABLY better.

GreatScawt
February 9th, 2015, 07:59 PM
I would just like to say that this game is a fucking dumpster fire. Thank god I bought the premium edition for $25. It's fun - the gunplay is rewarding, it has those "BF" moments, etc - but damn it's full of glitches. I mean, I fully expected it, but wow, experiencing it is another thing entirely.

Kchrpm
February 9th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Part of me hopes they finished the new Battlefront 2 years ago and they've just been bug fixing this whole time.

Alan P
February 10th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Still loving the game and play most nights.

Godson
February 11th, 2015, 06:59 AM
There are some insanely irritating moments in this game. Stupid bugs like not allowing you to 'exit' stairs or go through a doorway. Dumb shit like that. But when it works, it is great.

GreatScawt
February 11th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong guys. I want to keep playing it. It's a fun game. But wowwww is there some wonky shit in this game :lol: It's a hot mess.

Godson
February 11th, 2015, 05:49 PM
You on ps3 or xb?

GreatScawt
February 11th, 2015, 07:41 PM
I'm on X1

Godson
February 11th, 2015, 07:55 PM
... lame

GreatScawt
February 12th, 2015, 07:18 AM
Sorry :(
I remember briefly playing BF3 with you and your friend on 360 (and realizing I was muted for a good 15-20 min :lol:). That was great fun. Get an X1 ;)

GreatScawt
December 21st, 2015, 05:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuuzmOXL1bc

I friggin love this :lol: :up:

LHutton
December 29th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Pretty much... It's prettier, but not as good.
I have exactly the opposite opinion having just finished the SP and played my first MP game. I loved the BF3 game but I was just sick and tired of shooting people only for them to escape and then come back and kill me, it made the game retarded. No such problems in BF4, you get caught with your pants down and you're dead, which is exactly as it should be. As for the bullet drop on BF3, that was simply ridiculous, beyond 50m it was as if you were using a catapult rather than a firearm. Seems fixed in BF4 and for £7.99 it was the sale of the century. The only one glitch I noticed was in SP, I tried to shoot someone between scaffolding bars and for some reason the air gap in between them was modelled as a solid object.

As for the graphics? At 4K Ultra, absolutely awesome. Switched down to Medium for my first MP game, to make absolutely sure it always stayed above 60, seemed to stay above 60 on High in SP, but just making sure.

LHutton
January 3rd, 2016, 11:17 AM
Maps seem a bit small though.

Godson
January 3rd, 2016, 12:39 PM
Are you playing on an older system or the small conquest maps?

Alan P
January 3rd, 2016, 03:34 PM
Still play most nights but now that I'm 140 it's getting a bit stale. Oh and getting battlepacks with XP boosts in them never gets dull. Honest.

LHutton
January 4th, 2016, 03:18 AM
Are you playing on an older system or the small conquest maps?
Conquest Large. Maybe it's just in jets they seem small. I gave them a try and found myself constantly out of bounds.

Other issues:

1. Low walls you can't jump over, even though they're half the height of fences. Usually on demolished building.

2. Tanks now seem virtually indestructible vs RPGs etc.

3. Poor confirmation when you kill someone. It was blindly obvious in BF3, now seems a little vague.

4. Rockets still to slow, e.g. having to lead ground vehicles at a range of 10m.

5. Hit marks from canister round strikes.:smh:

Improvements:

1. Retarded ballistic drop gone. If you can't do it properly, just leave it. Can't imagine anyone is sorry to see that gone.

GreatScawt
January 4th, 2016, 08:29 AM
You should prolly get Arma 3.

The more perpendicular the rocket hits the armor, the more damage. Straight in the rear (or treads) does most damage.

You can set the hitmarkers so they flash a color of your choice when you register a headshot or a kill. You can set each independently so you know if its a headshot or a kill.

LHutton
January 4th, 2016, 10:04 AM
I've heard Arma 3 is pretty good.

Other stupid issues in BF4 noted:

1) Glass stop your bullets, like completely stops them. Ordinary plain, thin glass. Meanwhile in COD you can shoot people through wood.

LHutton
February 2nd, 2016, 11:31 AM
Is reactive armour actually supposed to show up on the tank image on BF4, like it appears as a double hull on BF3?

Alan P
February 2nd, 2016, 05:50 PM
I believe it shoes up as either the metal grid, bags hanging off the side of the Russian tank or the panels on the Abrams.

If you mean internally on the outline of the tank while in it, then I don't believe so. It doesn't work in the same way as BF3 where the first round on the reactive armour does no damage. I think it just reduces the damage taken on the first shot.

edit, Unlike its use in Battlefield 3, Reactive Armor in Battlefield 4 does not lessen or reduce damage, but does make it harder for the vehicle to be disabled or immobilized.

LHutton
February 3rd, 2016, 07:59 AM
I believe it shoes up as either the metal grid, bags hanging off the side of the Russian tank or the panels on the Abrams.

If you mean internally on the outline of the tank while in it, then I don't believe so. It doesn't work in the same way as BF3 where the first round on the reactive armour does no damage. I think it just reduces the damage taken on the first shot.

edit, Unlike its use in Battlefield 3, Reactive Armor in Battlefield 4 does not lessen or reduce damage, but does make it harder for the vehicle to be disabled or immobilized.
I've always been confused by the fact I'm hitting a tank more times than it's hitting me, and still dying. Like last night, I hit a tank 4 times and my team mate hit him once in between. He gets a 4th hit on me and I die, meanwhile my team mate finishes him off and I get a Kill Assist 55?? 55 for 4 hits??

How does active protection work? Is it automatic, or do you have to hit X?

Alan P
February 3rd, 2016, 01:21 PM
You need to hit X. The last patch reduced the protection time down to 1.5 seconds so you really need to time it right. It's possible your foe in that previous fight may have had a repair man that you couldn't see.

LHutton
February 4th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Maybe, I've never liked the whole repair thing. I'd be happy to see it gone.

I've also noticed that RPGs etc. no longer kill attack helos in one go, which sucks. As if they aren't overpowered enough against infantry. And canister shells no longer kill infantry in one go, which also sucks.

Alan P
February 4th, 2016, 03:42 PM
But they still do? I got some Attack choppers last week? Not had any this week though but not played much.

LHutton
February 5th, 2016, 02:16 AM
But they still do? I got some Attack choppers last week? Not had any this week though but not played much.
The FGM-172 definitely doesn't. I've hit two helos on two separate occasions and no kill. And canister rounds now give shit marks on infantry. Either they've changed it or some people are cheating shits.

What's the deal with Legacy Operations? Is it really free? What's the catch?

Godson
February 5th, 2016, 11:05 AM
The RPG and fgm-172 can take an attack help down, it is all about shot placement, angle, and how close the object is.

Alan P
February 5th, 2016, 11:47 AM
The FGM-172 definitely doesn't. I've hit two helos on two separate occasions and no kill. And canister rounds now give shit marks on infantry. Either they've changed it or some people are cheating shits.

What's the deal with Legacy Operations? Is it really free? What's the catch?

No catch. Completely free.

LHutton
February 5th, 2016, 01:30 PM
The RPG and fgm-172 can take an attack help down, it is all about shot placement, angle, and how close the object is.
It injures them, but there's no glorious sudden bang like there used to be. With helos being so ridiculously overpowered now, you'd think there'd be something to give infantry some kind of payback.

Alan P
February 5th, 2016, 06:50 PM
I prefer the SMAW and it most certainly does take down attack choppers in a single hit.

LHutton
February 6th, 2016, 01:37 AM
Not as good against tanks though. I think it sucks because against helos the guidance on the FGM-172s is useless anyway, you're best off just firing it straight and immediately reloading. For some reason helos just seem able to kill infantry and ground vehicles a lot faster than in BF3 when levelled up.

Godson
February 6th, 2016, 06:40 AM
I prefer the SMAW and it most certainly does take down attack choppers in a single hit.

Yup. All about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!!!!!!

LHutton
February 6th, 2016, 10:13 AM
I hit it between the rotor blades and the engine, so at very least it shouldn't have been able to fly afterwards. Can't really see how heli armour blocks a HEAT warhead either.

LHutton
February 6th, 2016, 10:18 AM
You need to hit X. The last patch reduced the protection time down to 1.5 seconds so you really need to time it right. It's possible your foe in that previous fight may have had a repair man that you couldn't see.
Heh. Seems there is a damage modifier cheat.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150494099645022/

Pretty sure I've been getting shafted lately too. Game today, one guy ended up with 30:0. Next game pretty much everyone came out with 2 shot kills for revenge. Punk Buster really needs to get itself together.

Alan P
February 6th, 2016, 07:39 PM
SMAW works on Attack Jets just fine.

http://youtu.be/mFPAd6Ptfzs

LHutton
February 7th, 2016, 01:12 AM
From the writing colours that looks like BF3. Nice shot though.

Sometimes not killing a helicopter outright can be more comical. I hit another with the SRAW, and it flipped upside down and came down on its roof before exploding.

Kchrpm
February 7th, 2016, 04:31 AM
DANGER ZONE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_WEUWoObN0

LHutton
February 8th, 2016, 12:41 PM
I got a 4-way multi-kill with carefully positioned C4. If only I'd recorded it.

Alan P
February 8th, 2016, 04:22 PM
From the writing colours that looks like BF3. Nice shot though.

Sometimes not killing a helicopter outright can be more comical. I hit another with the SRAW, and it flipped upside down and came down on its roof before exploding.
It's BF4, one of the Naval Strike maps.

21Kid
September 13th, 2016, 08:31 AM
All Battlefield 4 expansions are free on Xbox One and Xbox 360 courtesy of this week’s Deals with Gold.

That includes the expansions China Rising, Dragon’s Teeth, Final Stand, Naval Strike, and Second Assault. As with all Deals with Gold, you’ll need an active Xbox Live Gold membership to take advantage of the offer.

21Kid
October 17th, 2016, 08:27 AM
BF1 is getting great reviews.

THE GOOD
Memorable campaign is impressively varied in objectives, stories, and characterizations
World War 1 setting is a perfect match for Battlefield-style gameplay
New Operations multiplayer mode is an instant classic that offers historical context
Multiplayer maps are as visually pleasing as they are engrossing
Rich progression system enhances the multiplayer’s strong replay value
THE BAD
Unintuitive user interface is a blemish in an otherwise exquisite multiplayer mode
BATTLEFIELD 1 SUCCEEDS FAR BEYOND EXPECTATIONS

Phil_SS
October 19th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Moved to BF1 thread.