PDA

View Full Version : Novi's Proletariat Garage

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

novicius
May 5th, 2014, 07:59 AM
I don't feel tardy.

::

Alright, it's well past time that I should be posting in The Garage so here's my thread!

Exhibit 1. - 2011 Triumph Daytona 675
I've had Black Gold for two years now and it has been a crazy blast. Never boring, ever. Purchased new from Team Triumph of Janesville, WI. Currently has over 14K miles on her.

A serious thrill-machine, sexy and a head-turner even when parked among other sportbikes.

It classifies as a bonafide Dream Vehicle from the Fantabulous List of Dreams for me, which includes things like a '71 Hemi 'Cuda, '14 Ferrari California and a '91 Linda Hamilton. Capable of 10-second quarter mile times at ~120+ MPH (when ridden by a small child), trust me when I say that she's got the goods. I might lust over literbikes and hyperbikes but that in no way means that I'm tired of the Daytona.

Exhibit 2. - 2008 Triumph Street Triple
This is my girl Becki's rowdy, snorty hooligan brother (sister?) of the Daytona. Full Arrows exhaust, Arrows tune, tail tidy w/. LED brakelight & turn signals, bar-end mirrors, tank pads and low miles -- has half the mileage of my bike even tho' it's three years older. Also in better shape overall (the P.O. was meticulous).

Also, most importantly, more comfortable! :D

These motorcycles are toys in every sense of the word but they're not babied. They get ridden hard and put away wet, time after time, and have been very issue-free. While I talk about *adding* to our garage, I really do not want to sell these bikes, ever.

Exhibit 3. - 2003 Ford Explorer XLT V8 4x4
The quintessential American SUV. Big (but not the biggest), powerful (but not the strongest), it still has more than enough brakes & brawn to get the job done.

Leather, A/C, cruise, tilt, yadda, yadda, yadda. Rust-free, too. Not bad for $4800 USD.

Exhibit 4. - 1983 Cameo camper trailer
This lil' guy was found in Dubuque, IA for the fine price of $3K but I offered $2800 and he took it without complaint. :up:

Fabrics for the cushions has been bought, initial plates/bowls/cups/glasses too, but we're still looking for new curtains. #domesticbliss

Whew! :D

novicius
May 5th, 2014, 08:00 AM
This past weekend a buddy & I wrenched on the Daytona, adding a few toys that I had bought over the winter.

Your Tire Shouldn't Point This Way. Ever.
New Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen, removal of the rear passenger pegs and seat, adding the rear seat cowl, removal of the rear license plate/turn-signals "shovel", new undertail license braket and wiring up the new integrated turn-signals/brake light. :up: :up:

Unfortunately the quick connector that came with the tail light was wired *completely* wrong. Subsequently it took my buddy about three hours to test, troubleshoot, tear apart and re-solder the connections. It's on now however and it's working like a champ.

Kid 'n' Play
So that windscreen... yeah, I'm not sure I'm sold on it. *So* damn tall, I didn't realize that it wasn't a baloney-cut across the top. It does do a good job of managing the wind, I'll give it that -- I don't feel like I'm going to get peeled off the bike anymore at speed. But man, I find the height extremely disconcerting.

At least I don't notice the size/height of it while riding, just when looking at pics of it... #yeesh

novicius
May 5th, 2014, 08:00 AM
The Slimey Crud Run was held this past weekend. Motorcyclists of all stripes, flavors, interests and orders come together to chat, grill out and brave the cold, dirty Wisconsin roads to get their ride on. The party starts in Pine Bluff, WI, early in the morning:

Just A Sliver
Ross, your bike would fit in fine in this crowd. Of course you'd have to tow it up here. :lol:

It was a bright but cold day. The roads were cleaner than usual, however -- which made things probably more spicy than they needed to be, honestly. :D That, combined with me running without plates, could have made for an expensive day... but it didn't and all's well that ends well. :up:

Parking Is A Pain
Leland, WI is a *tiny* one-road township... with two churches and three bars for the eight houses out there. No, I don't know why this was chosen as the site of the Run's end. It's pretty remote and surrounded by some gnarly, twisty roads, however... :twisted:

Forgive Me My Trespasses
That old '97 Buell Cyclone hung with the group of sport- (and sportish-) bikes decently enough. He only got into one bad moment that I saw: stuck behind a tan appliance, he attempted an ill-conceived pass in the twisties. While the car didn't do anything to him, the amount of speed he needed to burst past it made him come into the next corner awful hot; the Cyclone's flimsy, tired forks did not like that and he fought the bronco trying to slow down/make the corner/stay out of the guardrail for more than a few yards.

(I prudently putt-putted behind the car until we were clear of the really tight stuff. There's always next time! *shrug*)

As we headed home in the afternoon, the pace picked up. The Cyclone and the BMW RS1100S were left behind as the Supersports jetted ahead through the countryside. A final fuel stop to regroup and then it was all over but the crying & shaking in the shower! :lol: :up:

Homeward Bound

Godson
May 5th, 2014, 08:03 AM
woot woot!

Cam
May 5th, 2014, 10:12 AM
:hawt:

Kchrpm
May 5th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Finally, geez.

novicius
May 5th, 2014, 11:56 AM
LoL, like you were holding your breath. :D

Kchrpm
May 5th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Almost. It was definitely bated.

Masterfully, you might say.

TheBenior
May 5th, 2014, 04:12 PM
:up:

Sad, little man
May 5th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Your girl has a cooler bike than you!? :erm:

novicius
May 5th, 2014, 07:18 PM
:mad:

Godson
May 5th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Ignore him.

He sold a bike for a car. ;)

novicius
May 5th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Yeah but what a car! :D

Dicknose
May 6th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Nice.
Particularly like your taste in 91 models for the dream list.
(You do know it wasn't a one off model, there was a second one, virtually identical)

novicius
May 6th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Oh yeah -- but the suspension was too plush and it only came in beige. ;)

George
May 6th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Novi's Proletariat Garage
I don't feel tardy.

Surely there's some kind of prize to be won here for combing Marx and Van Halen in so few words.

*golf clap*

novicius
May 6th, 2014, 10:10 AM
A-thank you.

I'm dreamin' of black levers now... (http://www.british-customs.com/pazzo-racing-billet-adjustable-levers.html)

Godson
May 6th, 2014, 10:21 AM
I have em. They be nice.

novicius
May 12th, 2014, 10:36 AM
The air in the Exploder's tires was low.

I added some. #shadetreemechanic

novicius
May 19th, 2014, 05:39 AM
My girl & I bundled up and rode out to the Team Triumph Open House (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153362914028539.1073741840.125788723538&type=3) on Saturday.

One of the boys I rode to Arkansas with sold his Triumph Speed Triple and replaced it with a 2013 KTM RC8R. Bad-assed bike. :toast:

There was free BBQ, a bike dyno (no, I did not put my bone-stock 675 up there :finger: ), a live band kickin' out the jams and plenty of different dealer demo bikes to ride. We signed up to ride a 2014 Triumph Thunderbird (big middleweight cruiser) 2-up and I recommended going with the fully decked out garbagewagon with a passenger seat back. She balked and wanted to do the streamlined T-bird there, so we rode that instead. Well the pussy-pad on that bike was not only small, it was quite rounded and every time I rolled on the throttle, she'd scramble and pull at me hard to avoid falling off! :eek:

When the ride was over and we were back at the dealer's, she agreed that we should have taken the fully-loaded bike. :lol:

Godson
May 19th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Very cool. I have some neat photos of the get together I was at yesterday. I'll post them up in the photo thread. (As my bike isn't in any of the shots)

novicius
May 19th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Yeah, it wasn't a bad time -- she also won 3 door prizes (a nice button-down Triumph shirt -- "Women's Medium", so that'll look good on our kid when they're 4 :p ), a Triumph wallet (woot!) and an iPhone 5 case.

I was talkin' shit and saying that if she won the iPhone case, I'd go buy an iPhone for it since my contract's up. D'oh! :lol:

EDIT: Also, you can't tell in that pic but I finally got my plate on my bike. Now I just need to put the current year sticker on it (sitting on the counter at home) and get an underseat LED light for it! :assclown:

novicius
May 19th, 2014, 06:25 AM
I had to put air in the right rear passenger-side tire of the Exploder this morning before work. Blah, that tire is going to need to be checked for nails and either be patched or just remounted. :|

In other news, I'm jonesin' to upgrade the stereo in the rig -- it's a double-DIN slot and I'd love to have something like this Blaupunkt San Diego 530 (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_023SD530/Blaupunkt-San-Diego-530.html?tp=20217). Or if someone has a link to a decent sub-$500 GPS/DVD/Bluetooth/Double-DIN stereo, post up a link! :up: :up:

Godson
May 19th, 2014, 06:30 AM
I would be willing to bet that if there isn't a nail in it that corrosion on the wheel is an issue.

Or a failing valve stem.

novicius
May 19th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Good point -- I jump to "nail" because there are :assclown:'s that are pretty messy with nails at our storage unit -- or are dropping nails willfully.

I'll get a spray bottle with soap & water and see if I can find the leak on the rim/stem/tire. :up:

thesameguy
May 19th, 2014, 09:22 AM
In other news, I'm jonesin' to upgrade the stereo in the rig -- it's a double-DIN slot and I'd love to have something like this Blaupunkt San Diego 530 (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_023SD530/Blaupunkt-San-Diego-530.html?tp=20217). Or if someone has a link to a decent sub-$500 GPS/DVD/Bluetooth/Double-DIN stereo, post up a link! :up: :up:

Have you thought about just getting a double-DIN unit that has MirrorLink or some similar technology? There is the advantage of the external GPS antenna and no reliance on wireless data, but OTOH you pay a significant premium for maps that aren't ever going to be as good or current as Google Maps et al. A head unit that just displays your phone's maps is relatively cheap, and unless you expect to continuously find yourself with data coverage will probably work better, too. Even if you do expect to be without data coverage I think the smart money would be spent on cell phone+MirrorLink+TomTom app - because then your phone becomes a self-contained and portable GPS when you're out of the truck. If you're an iPhone user, Pioneer's AppRadio would be a no-brainer.

novicius
May 19th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I'd love to just use Google Maps -- I didn't know that was possible. :lol:

This Kenwood DDX371 (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DDX371/Kenwood-DDX371.html?tp=5684#overview-tab) double-DIN looks the business and I dig that price. :up: Too bad I'm still rockin' an old Samsung Galaxy Nexus. :finger:

thesameguy
May 19th, 2014, 10:44 AM
If you're using Android, you actually have an advantage I think, since you can use MirrorLink. Well, I think you can. I don't know about how Android versions intersect with it.

Anyway, eg,

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X1600DV/Pioneer-AVH-X1600DVD.html?tp=5684

thesameguy
May 19th, 2014, 10:45 AM
There's also the possibility of not putting the map on the screen, but just getting directions via Bluetooth over the car stereo. That's how I generally do it. I don't need to see the map so long as a friendly voice is telling me what to do.

Which is also true in life.

novicius
May 19th, 2014, 10:51 AM
:lol:

When I checked the MirrorLink site, the oldest Samsung they list is the Galaxy III. #shrug

Godson
May 19th, 2014, 10:56 AM
There's also the possibility of not putting the map on the screen, but just getting directions via Bluetooth over the car stereo. That's how I generally do it. I don't need to see the map so long as a friendly voice is telling me what to do.

Which is also true in life.

Game. Set. Match.

thesameguy
May 19th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Ugh.

As a Windows Phone user, I never even have to check for compatibility. Because absolutely nothing is compatible.

novicius
May 19th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Well whenever I pull the trigger on this solution, I'll probably get a new phone that werks with it, too. So this'll probably wait another 24 months -- but thanks for the updated info! :assclown:

thesameguy
May 19th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Hopefully by then this landscape quiets down. All the technological evolution over the past couple years has made it very difficult keeping toys in sync and compatible with each other. I expect some of the current new stuff will emerge as ongoing standards, and there won't continue to be all these stupid, glitchy problems making everything impossibru.

novicius
May 19th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Aka, just buy an iPhone? :assclown:

thesameguy
May 19th, 2014, 12:10 PM
That doesn't really help anything. Apple fucked up the universe when they switched from the 20-pin connector (that had analog AV built in) to the Lightning connector (that is all digital). All sorts of things that worked with the first five generations of iPhones fundamentally won't work with the last two, or only work after buying multi-hundred dollar adapters. My friend has a first-gen AppRadio he bought with his iPhone 4S that is completely useless now that he has an iPhone 5. Given Apple's marriage to beating its customers about the face and neck with proprietary accessory purchases, I seriously doubt Lightning will be the last iDevice connector. I'd bet money in 3-4 years - maybe concurrent with USB4 - we'll get another new one. From a hardware perspective, you're probably better off with an Android since Android phones have been pretty consistent with micro USB, micro HDMI, and 1/8" headphone jacks. Unfortunately, terrible OS fragmentation has historically been its lot, but it seems that is mostly behind us now. At this point, it's at least no worse than iOS issues (which certainly wasn't true back in the 2.x days!).

That's my $0.02, anyway.

Cam
May 19th, 2014, 12:18 PM

Hey, it sounds to me like you need to unplug, man.

Kchrpm
May 19th, 2014, 12:36 PM
I love you Cam.

thesameguy
May 19th, 2014, 01:55 PM
*sigh*

It's my job.

novicius
May 27th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Heh, it was a nail. Tire patched, the Rig rolls on. :up:

novicius
June 5th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I took the girl's '08 Triumph Street Triple out today (partially because her bike was blocking the Daytona, mostly because I wanted to :assclown: ).

As I'd mentioned before, her bike is snorty; what I mean by that is that it's got good torque off idle and grows to a solid midriff punch before redlining with not much more than just a whole lot of yelling.* The brake lever is significantly softer than the Daytona. Perhaps the brake fluid is low? Has air trapped in the lines? Quite possible that it's never been changed before. We're going to turn the bar down and reposition the grips, etc. at some point but it sure does ride comfy right now. :D Also, the Arrows exhaust sounds meaty and strong but quite muffled. I don't know if there are decibel-killing discs in there or what... but honestly it's plenty loud for most neighborhoods.

Swinging a leg back over the Daytona feels like I'm mounting a literbike now. :lol: The additional power of my 675 combined with the thicker head feel granted by the Hyperpro RSC steering damper just makes my supersport feel bigger, faster and stronger in all areas -- I should probably turn the Hyperpro down a few clicks!

*I'm speaking primarily to non-bike people here. RWA, DN, Nate and a few others would probably consider this amount of twist as "cute".

thesameguy
June 5th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Brake fluid is hygroscopic, so if it hasn't been changed in the last several years it's probably contaminated with water, leading to that mushy feel. If air has gotten in the system, you have a much bigger problem.

Also, you said head feel. Teehee.

novicius
January 17th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Nowhere else to throw this but this kinda captures the spirit of railing.

How I like to ride (fast-forward to 1:40.xx):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7LwEG7Tptc

The guys I end up riding with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe0igW8jNyU

:lol: :smh: :lol: #myowndamnfault

Since 2010 I've been on more than a dozen of day-long sportbike country rides. 3 riders have gone down on rides that I've been on; these have ended up in dealing with local Police/Sheriffs & EMT's. Another 9 of the many "Fast Guys" I've ridden with/chased after have crashed on rides I was NOT on, totaling their bikes most of the time and requiring medical attention (and in at least one case, a helicopter ride). Causes boil down to not making a corner for various reasons (riding at/beyond the limit, road conditions, debris, misjudgment), highside/lowsides or hitting deer (both here in Wisconsin as well as down in Arkansas).

Full disclosure: I ride slow :D (comparatively speaking; aka well within my bikes' limits) and only up to my level of thrill. Keeps my bikes shiny and me out of the weeds. :toast:

speedpimp
January 17th, 2015, 02:15 PM
And with the youngin' coming I see you slowing down even more.

novicius
January 17th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Yeah.

But at least I did it! :D

novicius
January 19th, 2015, 06:03 AM
I went to my dealer's Holiday Party this past Saturday and the topic of tires came up...

...now, new Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas are scheduled for install this Spring. :lol: :smh: :lol:

Godson
January 19th, 2015, 11:55 AM

Track time!

novicius
January 20th, 2015, 04:53 AM
It's possible -- the Daytona gets paid off in November so I'm well past the point where I'm worried about the *cost* of damages. #donthurtmybaby

On the Street Triple, I'd like to have the handlebars spun & rolled down so they sit lower for free. :finger:

Then ultimately have the front forks rebuilt with RaceTech springs and a used Daytona rear shock/spring -- that would be some cheap-ish suspension fixin'. :up:

novicius
February 9th, 2015, 06:06 AM
I need to stop watching vids like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMq9K20hSsk

:twisted:

thesameguy
February 9th, 2015, 09:46 AM
No.

novicius
February 9th, 2015, 09:47 AM
"No."... don't stop watching vids like this? No, don't buy?

Or "No." to motorcycles? :lol:

TheBenior
February 9th, 2015, 02:55 PM
"What's a triple sound like?"

"Like a really smooth twin. Or an inline-four that's that's not firing a cylinder."

Random
February 9th, 2015, 04:25 PM
"No."... don't stop watching vids like this? No, don't buy?

Or "No." to motorcycles? :lol:

Yes.

novicius
February 9th, 2015, 07:22 PM
Wha'...?!? :angry:

novicius
March 17th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Truth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qepDZAaNlns&app=desktop
:lol: :up:

TheBenior
March 30th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Paging Carlo. (http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/riders-discount/277777-2014-triumph-daytona-675r-dsb-racebikes-sale.html)

novicius
March 30th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Yeah I spied that see machine on the FaceSpace a few days ago. :up: :up:

$24K tho'? Well that's probably cheap, all things considered.

novicius
April 2nd, 2015, 05:45 AM
Busted out the Triumphs this past weekend. Hooked up the batteries, aired up the tires, started burning through old gas.

The Daytona has had some minor clicking happening with the automatic cam chain tensioner this past January after her 12K service. Starting her up last weekend tho' she clicked for just a second or two before smoothing out. Must've been the cold fuckin' wit her.

My girl's Streety has a weak battery so in the interest of Science! I took it out to the first One-Wheel Wednesday of the year yesterday. Popped a surly wheelie on the way downtown, too. :hard:

Only after pics were taken did I realize how cockeyed my helmet was sitting. :lol:

I'm still a fan of the lil' dinky flyscreen and underbelly trim. But considering the price it'll be awhile before I pull that trigger.

One of the fast guys' customized RSV4. With his shorty exhaust, this thing sounds like a big block V8 through open headers. :twisted:

Ended the night at Maduro cigar bar.

Godson
April 2nd, 2015, 08:57 AM
I LOVE the RSV4s.

I might actually get one of those instead of another Ducati.

TheBenior
April 2nd, 2015, 02:41 PM

If I ever have to replace my 696 with something new, until Ducati can make a water-cooled naked sporty standard that's not 40lbs overweight and cheap-looking from the left side, I'd be more inclined to buy a Street Triple or Yamaha FZ-07/09.

Godson
April 2nd, 2015, 03:03 PM
Streetfighter :)

novicius
April 13th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Rolled into work this afternoon and caught a novel parking spot. #doublestuffed #doublepost

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1164&stc=1

TheBenior
April 13th, 2015, 06:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHNfvJc99YY

novicius
April 16th, 2015, 08:00 AM

Went out to one of the local Bike Nights here in town -- and it was COLD! :smh:

Still a decent turnout, which was fun. :assclown:

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1175&d=1429199172

Funny how not one of us are wearing gear from the same company. :up:

In the sea of hardware, someone rolled up on this gem:

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1176&d=1429199173

2006 Ducati 999 with full Öhlins rear shock AND front forks, full Termignoni exhaust, factory Brembo brakes and factory Marchesini rims. 8K miles on the clock. :up:

Puts my glamour shotz to rest, really. :|

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1177&d=1429199175

Ah well. :)

Finished up the night at Maduro, the local cigar bar (note that I had coffee). #goodtimes

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1178&stc=1

Godson
April 16th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I love the 999

novicius
April 18th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Yeah it's an impressive machine in person. :up:

I spent more than a few days cleaning and polishing and primping the Triumph -- and then while out at dinner yesterday a tree jizzed pollen all over it. :smh:

thesameguy
April 18th, 2015, 06:01 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure if it gets knocked up it can just shut the pregnancy down.

TheBenior
April 18th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Some vehicles really reflect their owners.

novicius
April 18th, 2015, 07:54 PM
My bike says "humble working-class geek" to you? :lol:

TheBenior
April 18th, 2015, 11:15 PM
No, it says 'hipster with sporting pretensions.'

And can't stay jizz-free for long. :p

speedpimp
April 19th, 2015, 04:22 AM
No, it says 'hipster with sporting pretensions.'

And can't stay jizz-free for long. :p

/FB LIKE

novicius
April 19th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Sorry for offending you guys. :rolleyes:

speedpimp
April 19th, 2015, 12:27 PM
That's what you get for letting a hipster jizz on your bike.

novicius
May 3rd, 2015, 04:29 PM
Slimey Crud Run 2015!

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1192&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1193&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1194&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1195&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1196&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1197&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1198&stc=1

Another year, another big crazy eccentric oddball rally. :up: :up:

The crew I rode with were geared up and ready to roll -- except for this guy on the modded Bonnie. :smh: To his credit he didn't ride hard but we were waiting for him at the end of every road.

But bad luck struck early: one of the faster hipsters with sporting pretensions blew her stator and her Daytona died instantly.

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1199&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1200&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1201&stc=1

My BIG GIANT HEAD!

Ah well, while it was a short day, any day railing you end shiny-side up is a good one. :up: :up:

novicius
May 14th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Say hello to Miss Match: a 2002 Ford Mustang GT V8/5-speed car with 135K miles that I picked up for $4800 USD. #straightcashhomie

http://images.craigslist.org/00b0b_ahRcxxRpUa8_600x450.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/00404_4VEqChxBKbZ_600x450.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/01414_fUxPGNJH7IU_600x450.jpg

A bit more than I wanted to spend but it passed every test I had -- everything works: A/C, cruise-control, tilt wheel, power driver's seat, wipers, heater, etc. Haven't found anything that doesn't work yet, actually. :up: The stereo is some cheapie Sony XPLOD unit (I'll get the serial number tomorrow) and the speakers are probably original "Mach 460" units and most of them are blown.

Spare tire & jack is in the trunk, the 5-speed tranny is new and still under warranty, new clutch and the 4.6L sounds healthy at idle. Amusingly enough, it doesn't have mufflers but instead just straight pipes all the way back. :rawk: Perhaps recklessly, I didn't bring anything like a diagnostic scan tool but it's not throwing any CELs. #knockonwood

That said... this is someone's project car. It's been torn down, bondo'd and repainted in someone's garage in a shade of yellow that's similar-to-but-not-exactly Ford Zinc Yellow and it shows in the door jambs, under the hood and around the trunk -- hence the name. :)

But don't expect me to tear this car apart. I just drove it 120 miles through the rain and she ran pretty damn solidly. Tracks straight-ish. Why mess with it?

...and that's about it for now. Feels damn good to be back in the V8 game. :devil:

thesameguy
May 14th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Congratulations, and color me surprised! I would not have guessed you'd be the one throwing money at an obviously imperfect example. No judgment here, I'm definitely more about the package than the details - just didn't see it coming. :) :up:

novicius
May 14th, 2015, 07:51 PM
There was no way I was going to be able to get my hands on a mint example for this money. I figured that I'd deal with ugly as long as it was well-sorted.

EDIT: Also, this SN95 beat out the other Foxes on my list by virtue of being the cheapest (and loudest AFAIK). :lol:

Godson
May 14th, 2015, 09:09 PM
SaWEET!

If you need any info for diagnosing, troubleshooting, etc. Let me know.

novicius
May 14th, 2015, 09:49 PM
Definitely will, Tyler -- thanks! :D :up:

Kchrpm
May 15th, 2015, 10:51 AM

novicius
May 15th, 2015, 12:52 PM
What sort of vinyls should I do?

Attitude of the Week??

http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/1970/1970_00002_01.jpg

Or Interceptor:

http://www.txchange.com/madmax.jpg

Random
May 15th, 2015, 12:56 PM
The latter.

Though you really should have bought a Moostang II or a Capri to do that. ;)

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1216&stc=1
(The "Mad Maxel Tov" LeMons Interceptor, driven by post-apocalypse Orthodox Jews.)

novicius
May 15th, 2015, 01:02 PM
:eek: :twisted: :lol: :up:

Yeah I doubt I'll do too much. Blackout rear panel, restore the rims back to gunmetal w/. polished lip, shorty antenna and window tint. This car needs a lot more TLC on the brakes & suspension than anywhere else.

Also polluting, loud and illegal straight pipes on a street car are quite frankly still *hilarious*. Good thing I'm not commuting anywhere regularly in this car. :smh:

Here's a 2001 GT that's close to what I'm thinking about:

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,wrgdtkdtggtwsgsxstkbkdwsrgwg,vi/ktqtggsbxgdtgsdkwf/4/438439/3036749/P1010531-vi.jpg

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,wrgdtkbrrrrkdkgxstkbkdwsrgwg,vi/ggqqdkktf/4/438439/3036749/P1010538-vi.jpg

Yup, it's just a Moostang.

TheBenior
May 15th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Very nice.

novicius
May 15th, 2015, 08:22 PM
Thanks -- just something to putter around with the family in. :up:

I am glad I opted for something newer that has working A/C -- convincing the family to ride in an older Fox without A/C would have been a tall order on all but the coolest days.

In other wishful thinking news, I've been a Griggs Racing fan for a long, long time. But now that push has given way to shove, I'm wussing out and looking at my beautiful Build List I've made on www.steeda.com (http://www.steeda.com) instead... :D

Random
May 16th, 2015, 01:58 PM
MM is probably your best bet for "the good stuff" these days. Griggs was in turmoil last I heard (years ago).

novicius
May 16th, 2015, 02:14 PM
See I thought Maximum Motorsports also but Moostang forum loudmouths seemed to point to Steeda over MM/Roush/etc.

Anything is probably better than tired stock.

Random
May 16th, 2015, 02:24 PM
C-C assholes ("we're not happy, til you're not happy!") are all about MM, in the absence of Griggs.

FWIW.

:D

novicius
May 16th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Oh, THE ORIGINAL Moostang Internet Loudmouths are pro-MM? Good to know! ;) :up:

(But seriously, unless MM is cheaper than Steeda, that's probably going to be good enough for my needs.)

thesameguy
May 16th, 2015, 06:58 PM
The shifter in the XR is a Steeda. It was the T5 shifter that everyone everywhere recommended. That is my sole experience with anything even somewhat Mustang related.

Godson
May 16th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Buy what makes you happy. I have a B & M in the porka.

novicius
May 17th, 2015, 07:30 AM
Yup. First I need to take time to identify the problems... so first problem:

When I tap the brakes at speed, Miss Match pulls slightly to the left. Unnoticeable at slower speeds but significantly enough of a pull to put me towards the next lane/shoulder. The brake pads are about 35% remaining on the fronts.

So figure out if there's a sticking piston or summat then replace the pads, install stainless braided brake lines and new juice. Thoughts?

Random
May 17th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Check your tire pressures first.

novicius
May 17th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Did that before the maiden voyage -- all four are firmly at 38 psi (cold).

Random
May 17th, 2015, 09:30 AM

thesameguy
May 17th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Likely possibility: The brakes on the GTs used phenolic pistons that absorb water out of the brake fluid and balloon and end up sticking. It's a very common problem, apparently. One that I'd never heard of until that happened on the XR during it's sleep - the right front would not retract. Then it happened last week on the left front. :down:

Replacement pistons are about $6 through rockauto. Or you can just replace the whole caliper - they're about $50/pr. We are also investigating the possibility of using f-body rear brake pistons in SN95 front brake calipers. Both are 45mm pistons.

novicius
May 17th, 2015, 04:27 PM
$50/pair makes it real tough to justify taking it apart -- save for the good of my own personal education, of course. ;) :up:

Speaking of personal education, looking at Maximum Motorsports' Road & Track Box (http://www.maximummotorsports.com/2002-04-Mustang-GT-hardtop-Road-Track-Box-P1065.aspx) I see it's covered just about all of the typical '79 Fairmont geometrical issues. But I do have questions re: the steering geometries -- mainly, does the MM Solid Steering Shaft (http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Steering-Shaft-Assembly-Power-Steering-Rack-1994-04-Mustang-P460.aspx) & bushings (http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Steering-Rack-Bushings-Solid-1985-04-Mustang-with-stock-k-member-P466.aspx) replace the need for offset steering rack bushings (http://www.steeda.com/steeda-1985-2004-mustang-aluminum-steering-rack-bushings-555-4013/) and offset A-arm bushings (http://www.steeda.com/energy-suspension-mustang-a-arm-bushings-122-4.3140.g/)?

I realize that folks here probably don't have the experience for this and I'll eventually ask this at a proper Moostang forum but figured I'd just post up my questions.

thesameguy
May 17th, 2015, 04:43 PM
I think it's worth getting that pair of calipers, because then you can rebuild yours at your leisure and have them onhand next time it happens. Because although it took eight years for it to happen to me, apparently it always happens. Maybe aftermarket pistons are crappy - wouldn't that be a shock?

novicius
May 17th, 2015, 05:15 PM
In other news my wife Becki, lil' Cedric Ray & I hopped in Miss Match and pedaled out to the annual Team Triumph Open House. Cracklin' loud dyno pulls, live music, BBQ pulled pork 'n' fixin's, door prizes and lots a' bikes. Always a good time. :up: :up:

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1218&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1219&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1220&stc=1

Yeah, it's that kind of dealership. ;)

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1221&stc=1

My demo ride:

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1222&stc=1

I may have pushed the boundaries of "gentlemanly riding" on this new Daytona... :devil:

novicius
May 17th, 2015, 05:17 PM
I think it's worth getting that pair of calipers, because then you can rebuild yours at your leisure and have them onhand next time it happens. Because although it took eight years for it to happen to me, apparently it always happens. Maybe aftermarket pistons are crappy - wouldn't that be a shock?
Yup, that's basically what I'm planning on doing -- thanks! :up: :up:

Godson
May 17th, 2015, 09:59 PM
I'd just replace both. Add new pads front and rear, bleed brakes, and smile.

novicius
May 18th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Yep that's my plan -- plus stainless braided brake lines. :up:

Some dirty filthy pics taken today. I still haven't washed or detailed the car yet.

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1225&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1226&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1227&stc=1

Random
May 18th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Are the wheels painted or plasti-dipped?

novicius
May 18th, 2015, 08:15 PM
I *think* they're painted.

George
May 19th, 2015, 08:13 AM
I'm having to squint a bit to see it, but I think this is do-able. :up:

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1227&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1216&stc=1

I imagine you can skip the roof spoiler, but you gotta have some sweet louvers on the back window! Oh, and uh...#1987alloveragain. Did I do that right?

thesameguy
May 19th, 2015, 11:58 AM
I like this:

http://fbc0021f339e2d2c4082-f489e8ff80a7f2e3001280df7038db01.r29.cf1.rackcdn.c om/wtk-1007fa_2333.jpg

thesameguy
May 19th, 2015, 12:00 PM
And this never occurred to me:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/5-0l-talk/130013d1305156386-oddball-mustangs-whatever-they-ugly-mustang1.jpg

George
May 19th, 2015, 12:39 PM
^ novi will fall out of his chair when he sees that wagon!

novicius
May 19th, 2015, 01:46 PM
:lol: :up: to that wagon!

I like this:

http://fbc0021f339e2d2c4082-f489e8ff80a7f2e3001280df7038db01.r29.cf1.rackcdn.c om/wtk-1007fa_2333.jpg
Yep I've already ordered the rear blackout vinyl, a shorty antenna and new headlight bulbs. But I'll keep the stock spoiler for now; I'm torn between painting it matte black for cheap or investing in a different wing.

thesameguy
May 19th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Don't do the black wing unless you can match the texture to other things - like matte wing/wheels/panel. Too many different textures makes the car look piecemeal & cheap. Personally I like the wing you've got too, but I'd leave it as-is. I'd would definitely invest in some of those wheels. They look great on the Dominator, and they'll look great on a New Edge! :up:

novicius
May 19th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Sadly, wheels will be last. I'm going to get the brakes/clutch/shifter/suspension dialed in first.

thesameguy
May 19th, 2015, 02:59 PM
How are you expecting to go fast if you don't look fast? Didn't you learn anything from the '90s?

1. Body kit
2. Wheels
3. Vinyl
4. I don't remember
5. I don't remember
6. I don't remember
7. I don't remember
8. paint
9. NOS
10. mechanical shit

IIRC, anyway.

George
May 19th, 2015, 05:23 PM

4. "Fear This" sticker across top of windshield
5. Car phone mounted inside and little black antenna stuck to rear window
6. "Ross Perot For President" sticker on bumper
7. Aftermarket dual-blade windshield wipers with short-lived plasti-chrome finish

10. Mechanical antenna that went up and down when radio was turned on or off.

novicius
May 19th, 2015, 05:24 PM
All winners, boys! :D

I really need to take some film cruising in the country in this car -- the exhaust rumble is big-block-hilarious! :lol:

novicius
May 19th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Don't do the black wing unless you can match the texture to other things - like matte wing/wheels/panel. Too many different textures makes the car look piecemeal & cheap. Personally I like the wing you've got too, but I'd leave it as-is. I'd would definitely invest in some of those wheels. They look great on the Dominator, and they'll look great on a New Edge! :up:
Messing around with Forza 5:

http://v7qtvg-sn3302.files.1drv.com/y2pmyUEl37ls1EqgDigrz3tUu1gD24QDF3268a7HAQx9_uBA5I UCsFrkK8PZpBs0OSWrqEYgAZSz6EUlIHIFRf82pmIfkOERKWJG s5HnGNEcNfJjXP3wVauAMS4lZVeq8tjE9BMxwgpoNXZhWU2ppV anqTOpzF3kH4VGGLkiE-mwIg/Tue_May_19_23-29-24_CDT_2015.png?psid=1

http://v7qtvg-sn3302.files.1drv.com/y2pj_9gG2OKmbSxD40ZIZu9dpkBEn39ITru3bMB3kMYTQWCrg9 NdHNDvcNRfThBGwiivnIRay2fPbecSEcvjHcn8mfNhWHW7VcjA o5_AAD0AMtpLK0oPLIdiUyCRIraVL4F7jO96P0d2kKZlyOcEkg Tz_V91tOkhCpdKb9RruqLgEY/Tue_May_19_23-29-56_CDT_2015.png?psid=1

Keep the lower door sill stripe or delete it?

Random
May 19th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Wing delete? Yer gonna spin out and die!! :eek:

thesameguy
May 19th, 2015, 09:06 PM
I like the stripe as part of a greater accent theme. :up:

novicius
May 20th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Rando, my spoiler isn't available, just the big Cobra R one. Took it off for comparison but I'd keep my lower pedestal wing. :up:

What about the brushed aluminum fuel door vs. a black fuel door?

George
May 20th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Leave the fuel door alone, I say. It should be the same color as the rest of the car. Otherwise it breaks up the clean lines of a vehicle.

However, a RAISED chrome fuel cap is a whole 'nother thing! :D

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee278/Corts76/The%20GMC/gascap.jpg

thesameguy
May 20th, 2015, 08:59 AM
I think I agree with George. I'm okay with "racing fuel door" if it's real and serves a purpose, but "racing look fuel door" kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Although that said I am looking for one for the SPG, because the plastic around the filler neck is shattering and that thing is unobtainium. I won't have much of a choice if I want to keep putting gas in the car.

novicius
May 20th, 2015, 09:25 AM
But I dig the pseudo-racing aluma-FearThis fuel door. :D

Years from now I might try scoring an SVT Cobra rear chubby ducktail.

thesameguy
May 20th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Hey, if it works for you I'm not going to argue. I'm ultimately the wrong person to ask as I obviously spend about zero time on what looks good. If it serves a purpose and doesn't break the bank, I'm in. Otherwise, I'll save my cash for something that serves a purpose and doesn't break the bank. :lol:

George
May 20th, 2015, 09:45 AM
I might have been wrong about "Fear This" in the '90s. The more I think about it, it seems like "Fear This" appeared (at first on monster trucks) in the 2000s in reply to all the teal and purple "No Fear" stickers from the '90s.

It was similar to how the '80s "Baby On Board" signed spawned all the silly knock-offs, like "Mother-In-Law In Trunk", "Baby Carries No Cash", and other highway hilarities.

I saw a funny the other day somewhere on the internet of a more modern version of "My kid can beat up your honor student". It was picture (or maybe it was a cartoon) of two SUV rear windows, parked side by side. One had the now-typical stick figure family on the back. You know, Dad, Mom, kids, stick figure dog, etc. The other had a stick figure man and woman standing next to sacks of money. :lol:

It's funny 'cause it's true. :(

novicius
May 20th, 2015, 09:53 AM
No worries, I like to hear folks' opinions and see how I stand. Sometimes I likes it, sometimes I don't. :up:

In other news, I finally put on the new Zero Gravity windscreen on the Daytona today. A garage hinge had worked itself loose and fallen on my windscreen, cracking the shit out of it.

Not a big job at all but still required a lil' finesse -- which is tough for me since I'm all-thumbs when it comes to gardening and working on mechanical shizz. :D

novicius
May 20th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Took some time out this afternoon to scrub her down.

http://6pfgkq-sn3302.files.1drv.com/y2pty5nIO6pstieKOmPlDRgnYawpQ0D4IvgsThIjcMFyG86m1U 22Nv2FYPVabzdbMGuk49mwBEg3N4WnMZYFXfRfMgI8meH9oqjT m9UVWT_fOUmLvWUrfkLCXhzaJm7Vk4ogCarYufN9T-KD0lpOILEk01KW_dkVITF9itsn6rA9cY/20150520_155854_LLS.jpg?psid=1

Yellow. Shows all of the dirt, none of the shine. :smh:

thesameguy
May 20th, 2015, 02:51 PM
I love that you gave someone $5000 for a stupid yellow car. :lol:

You could probably give it a better shine with a nice glaze & sealant. I think it looks pretty nice - but again, I'm the wrong person to trust on such matters. :D

novicius
May 20th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Hey, that was $4800 for a stupid yellow car! Goes with my big yellow hat!

http://www.spirithalloween.com/images/spirit/products/interactivezoom/processed/07024151.interactive.a.jpg

:D

(Seriously, the paint on this car is proper fucked.)

Godson
May 20th, 2015, 06:24 PM
paint it black.

thesameguy
May 20th, 2015, 06:30 PM
http://images.clipartpanda.com/paint-roller-logo-paint-and-maintenance-accessories-brushes-and-rollers.jpg
http://www.cornerhardware.com/images/16/16282.jpg

novicius
May 20th, 2015, 06:53 PM
paint it black.
After I win the lottery.

More specifically, I'd probably lean towards a Grabber Yellow redux:

http://themusclecarshop.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DSC_0381.jpg

21Kid
May 29th, 2015, 06:31 AM
I missed this somehow. Congrats!

Looks... Bright. :finger:

just something to putter around with the family in.
I thought that's what the Exploder was for. :D

novicius
May 29th, 2015, 07:33 AM
Thanks bud, I'm digging it. ;) Here's a shot of the blackout vinyl applied:

http://6pfgkq-sn3302.files.1drv.com/y2p70Dw7OxJSaWNMV1vubOZOVtLiVtCAcPk5LTYEhk_lKEQj9L S1bB8gLNyr_BUl0ROg4xc51BA0uGpP3NPNPz6LFSyQXO55i70x ZC6y1yySbFZom-mmD8ghD95d5X2-xWC0PAipzTAyQs1ImIaFvKFL4xh2neWXrjGOgtrjkI8R9M/20150528_203319_LLS.jpg?psid=1

The Exploder is primarily for towing our camper.

thesameguy
May 29th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Nice thing about the Mustang is that you have room for a whole other family between the tires and wheel wells. :assclown: #mustangsafari

novicius
May 29th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Says the guy who's riding on the Fierosafari! :D

(You think the gap is that excessive? It's not gonna get fixed until next summer, regardless. )

thesameguy
May 29th, 2015, 11:25 AM
I'm just giving you shit after you made me cut the Fiero's springs in half. :P

novicius
May 29th, 2015, 11:33 AM

thesameguy
May 29th, 2015, 12:21 PM
I do like the blackout, though. I don't typically like that on the New Edge cars but it really fits on the yellow car.

All the pics of Mustangs renews my interest in them, which ultimately isn't good.

novicius
May 29th, 2015, 12:37 PM
I hear that -- my preferred SN95 years would be '96 through '98. I feel that the New Edge design language is jarring by comparison.

The stock steering is heavy and feels underboosted. Steering slop (aka an ever growing dead spot in the steering) is a very common problem in the Fox & SN95 cars so if you do get into them, be aware: the rubber bits in the steering linkage go dry and shrink, there are a series of pinch bolts than can work themselves loose over time/mileage and there's a steering shaft bearing on the firewall that can also go bad (in addition to the usual things in old cars like dead OEM bushings, tie-rod ends or a tired rack-and-pinion).

This car feels pretty tight, steering-wise -- but the bushings must be shit since I do get some side-to-side drift at highway speeds. #stillworthit #lovingit

thesameguy
May 29th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I imagine the upside is no end of suppliers who can replace everything with heim joints and anodized fanciness. :) My buddy and I keep talking about a dedicated HPDE car and Mustangs are high on the list. A busted up GT with a pile of fun suspension goodies would be a-ok.

Of course, by the time I get around to late '90s cars, there's a good chance I'd just skip all of it and go straight for an S197. A 200? GT can be had for well under ten grand around here. I like the size of the SN95 better but it may not ultimately matter. I dunno. Like, in general. I dunno what I am doing ever.

novicius
May 29th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Yeah but you can't buy an S197 with SN95 money, even in Cali.

thesameguy
May 29th, 2015, 06:35 PM
True, true. At least not yet. But a bad S197 is about the same price as a good SN95, so prices are getting squished together as they inevitably do. Within a few years the only SN95s left will be the really nice "collectors" cars but there will still be mountains of S197s. And, maybe by then the '12-'14 cars will be cheap enough for me to justify. I marvel at all the possibilities!

Godson
May 30th, 2015, 04:22 AM
Sn95 with the front subframe relocation on SLA swap. I've driven a cobra with that and 400hp. I'd put it right up there with a cayman S in terms of drivers cars

novicius
May 30th, 2015, 04:37 AM
Cool -- per Rando's recommendation, I've been eyeing Maximum Motorsports '02-'04 Mustang GT Road & Track Box (http://www.maximummotorsports.com/2002-04-Mustang-GT-hardtop-Road-Track-Box-P1065.aspx) with their Bilstein-cored MM Coil-Over Package (http://www.maximummotorsports.com/MM-Coil-Over-Package-1994-04-Mustang-P328.aspx).

Now that's $4000+ in hardware before labor so this dream may be a few years out... ;)

I will say that while I firmly believe that these packages are highly effective and AWESOME VALUE, they are definitely overkill for my needs.

Upon further review, I think I would be satisfied with the Front Grip (http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Front-Grip-Package-1994-04-P331.aspx), GT Starter Box (http://www.maximummotorsports.com/1994-98-Mustang-1999-04-GT-Starter-Box-P185.aspx) and Torque-arm Packages (http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Torque-arm-Package-1999-04-Mustang-GT-P343.aspx). That would be a much more manageable $2500. :up:

Random
May 30th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Keep a casual eye on the C-C for sale forum for MM and Griggs stuff, too.

novicius
May 31st, 2015, 07:55 PM
Good advice. :up:

There's a lot of scoops and wings and louvers and such on the '69 Boss 302 that while it looks cool on a calendar, I just don't think I want to try to cram it all on me ol' Mustang and drive around in such a clown car.

https://img.mecum.com/auctions/SC0512/SC0512-126617/images/SC0512-126617_2.jpg

I'd much rather model my mods after the more tasteful '68 Mustang fastback:

http://aventuracars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/1968_Mustang_Fastback_02.jpg

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww44/auctionsandbeyond/1968GreenMustangFB/100_8858.jpg

Well lookie here -- a Meadowlark Yellow '68 fastback (PPG Code: 81584).

http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/1968/1968_00066_01.jpg

So I've spotted these deep dish 18" Magnum 500 rims:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3429/3281/33571640016_large.jpg?v=0

(As an aside, this red '04 Mach 1 sounds hella nasty (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t7APjIteTM) with it's BBK Longtubes and Crower Stage III cams. :up: :up:)

So obviously I'm thinking about a spoiler delete, window tint, dem rimz and maybe playing around with the tri-bar Pony emblems. It would look much like an '01 Bullitt, of course.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy148/Tha_PiG_photos/The%202001%20BULLITT%20Mustang/May234.jpg

Thoughts?

Random
May 31st, 2015, 07:59 PM
The Bullitt look is a good one, IMO.

Godson
May 31st, 2015, 08:09 PM
The bullitt is one of my favorite mustangs of all time. Such a clean and beautiful car.

(They drive so nice too)

KillerB
May 31st, 2015, 08:10 PM
Yeah I'm hoping they do a Bullitt version of the current Mustang.

novicius
May 31st, 2015, 08:11 PM
Yup, the first Bullitts were definitely cool. :cool:

There is just no way to do good side window louvers on the SN95. There's no way to make 'em look good.

http://s7d4.scene7.com/ir/render/Turn5Render/71320?wid=810&hei=608

http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/Turn5/71320_alt3?$mproductlarge$&wid=810&hei=608

Hmm. Well maybe I spoke too soon... :lol:

http://3.cdn.customerpics.americanmuscle.com/img/88486_800px.jpg

J/K -- these might look ok on a black car but on a bright color it'll still look cheap.

Godson
May 31st, 2015, 08:51 PM
Leave the side window alone. You'll want that for visibility

novicius
May 31st, 2015, 08:56 PM
:up: :up:

Kchrpm
June 1st, 2015, 07:02 AM
Visibility is for suckers.
- Camaro owners that told GM they cared more about styling than blind spots, therefore convincing GM to not fix one of the biggest reasons I didn't buy one

novicius
June 1st, 2015, 07:51 AM
Well that's true -- even in my case, if I liked how these stylized louvers looked I would sacrifice visibility without much thought.

Kchrpm
June 1st, 2015, 08:04 AM
We've long established that you're part of the problem :)

novicius
June 1st, 2015, 08:20 AM
It's because it's not as big a deal as you make it out to be. :)

novicius
June 1st, 2015, 08:37 AM
Here we go: no spoiler, tri-bar pony emblems, chrome antenna, no fogs in the grille, on Magnum 500's. :up:

https://img.mecum.com/auctions/SC0510/SC0510-90913/images/SC0510-90913_3.jpg

thesameguy
June 1st, 2015, 08:41 AM
That's a great look for a '60s Mustang, but I don't think you can do '60s styling on New Edge cars. It doesn't work. Even the Bullitt was a stretch IMHO.

Kchrpm
June 1st, 2015, 08:46 AM
It's because it's not as big a deal as you make it out to be. :)
Nah, just a personal preference in respects to comfort driving a vehicle. I still hate the blindspots in my Mazda, I've been driving it for 2 years.

George
June 1st, 2015, 08:54 AM
All the pics of Mustangs renews my interest in them, which ultimately isn't good.

Yeah.

I'd have rear window louvers on mine.

:(

novicius
June 1st, 2015, 09:40 AM
That's a great look for a '60s Mustang, but I don't think you can do '60s styling on New Edge cars. It doesn't work. Even the Bullitt was a stretch IMHO.
Absolutely agree! I'm only picking a few small cues to draw from.

novicius
June 1st, 2015, 10:58 AM
Yeah. I'd have rear window louvers on mine.

:(
Like this?

http://3.cdn.customerpics.americanmuscle.com/img/80161_800px.jpg?wid=810&hei=608

thesameguy
June 1st, 2015, 11:05 AM
OIC.

I think the only way they work is with larger-side wheels, a spoiler, and an optional hood bulge replacing the fake intake and maybe some sort of treatment in the fake door intakes. I think the spoiler delete and retro wheels is folly.

In short, Saleen knew what they were doing.

http://image.mustangandfords.com/f/46028039/1307-1999-ford-mustang-gt-three-quarter-view-in-motion.jpg

novicius
June 1st, 2015, 12:00 PM
So you don't like the Bullitt look? 'Cause that was my original inspiration -- only that I'd be going more basic '68 vs a Bullitt clone.

JoshInKC
June 1st, 2015, 01:08 PM
Nah, just a personal preference in respects to comfort driving a vehicle.
Yeah, lack of rear visibility and blindspots drive me nuts. I was driving a loaner mini Paceman last week, and between the relatively small back glass and the GIGANTIC round rear headrests, I was going crazy backing out of parking spots.

thesameguy
June 1st, 2015, 01:30 PM
So you don't like the Bullitt look? 'Cause that was my original inspiration -- only that I'd be going more basic '68 vs a Bullitt clone.

Personally I am not a fan. I really liked them when they first came out - in fact a Bullitt was the first SN95 Mustang I ever drove, my friend Bill bought one and I thought it was the shiznit. But I don't think it's aged very well. I really can't put my finger on it, but I think it has something to do with alluding to classic Mustang styling cues on a car that worked reasonably hard to distance itself from the totally retro (for the time) OG SN95. I feel like New Edge was such a solid design language that one should work to play off its strengths rather than try and allude to other cars. The Saleen and the Cobra had really strong riffs off the core style, they'd be the direction I'd take. More angles are definitely called for. :D

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select2284.htm

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select33/yellowr1.jpg

George
June 1st, 2015, 01:30 PM
Like this?

No, like this! :devil:

http://www.wheelskin.com/mustanglouvers/images/gallery3.jpg

thesameguy
June 1st, 2015, 01:32 PM
I prefer more modern spoke wheels on the NE, but this makes torque thrusts work a-ok

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m588/txmach302/DSC_0582800x531.jpg

I really feel like the spoiler is a requirement. Spoiler-delete sleepers work for some cars, but on a Mustang they veer off way too far towards rental V6. The only way you can make a spoiler delete work is with a blower under the hood. ;)

novicius
June 1st, 2015, 02:12 PM
But I don't think it's aged very well. I really can't put my finger on it, but I think it has something to do with alluding to classic Mustang styling cues on a car that worked reasonably hard to distance itself from the totally retro (for the time) OG SN95.
I feel that the '96-'98 are the best of the "modern retro" Mustangs. Perhaps the New Edge design was a response to the more forward-looking 4th gen F-body design? Could definitely explain why they don't look as good with the classic touches -- which again speaks to my thoughts that it's futile to try to make an NE SN95 look like a '69 Boss 302 or '70 Mach 1.

I feel like New Edge was such a solid design language that one should work to play off its strengths rather than try and allude to other cars. The Saleen and the Cobra had really strong riffs off the core style, they'd be the direction I'd take. More angles are definitely called for. :D
The Saleen is a cool car -- but I'd only rock that look if I had an actual Saleen S281. :lol: Same for the Cobra R look; too many burger-flippers have ruined the look with half-assed body kits.

novicius
June 1st, 2015, 02:23 PM
I really feel like the spoiler is a requirement. Spoiler-delete sleepers work for some cars, but on a Mustang they veer off way too far towards rental V6. The only way you can make a spoiler delete work is with a blower under the hood. ;)
Eh, I could buy the argument that "spoiler delete" is meant for more modern looks. I think that if your NE SN95 has any sort of raised Boss-style spoiler, that hearkens back to retro styling -- whereas spoiler-delete could definitely be viewed as more modern, Bullitts be damned.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/500/medium/0822071206a.jpg

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m588/txmach302/DSC_0582800x531.jpg
So maybe I should view things as "spoiler = retro" and "spoiler-delete = modern"?

thesameguy
June 1st, 2015, 02:26 PM
There were Saleens other than the S281, were there not? And of course Saleen had (has?) a big catalog to do as much or as little of an S281 as you'd like. I don't think there's any shame in picking from the catalog. In any case, it's no more wrong to mimic an S281 than a Boss or Mach or Bullitt or even one of these.

http://www.musclecardrive.com/ford/images/1990-7up-mustang-front.jpg

thesameguy
June 1st, 2015, 02:33 PM
As for spoilers, the only thing I think of when I see an SN95 without one is Rental. It doesn't need to be a bridge spoiler, but some duck tail or platform or something is an absolute requirement.

http://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/ford/mustang/2001/oem/2001_ford_mustang_coupe_base_rq_oem_1_500.jpg

:down:

novicius
June 1st, 2015, 02:48 PM
Good thing I have one then! :lol:

So I've got a pedestal Boss-style spoiler and OEM Torq-Thrust II rims and now a blackout panel between the rear taillights. Seems like I'm already heading down the Boss/Mach retro road on a car that's ill-suited for them...

thesameguy
June 1st, 2015, 02:50 PM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/af/Oh_noes_fire.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080103210309

novicius
June 1st, 2015, 03:48 PM
One of the previous owners did put on a pair of matching pony-delete grilles on the front. Those, along with the smoked headlights & fog lights, already make for a pretty modern look on the front end.

Any aesthetic change is going to be years away -- but I appreciate everyone's input! :)

thesameguy
June 1st, 2015, 08:21 PM
Procharger. Right. :up:

novicius
June 1st, 2015, 08:34 PM
Then can I take off the rear spoiler? :D

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/PhoenixEJ1/DSC_2177.jpg~original

FR500 rims do look good...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/globalassets/desktop_site/page_assets/blank_pages/mustang-wallpapers/wallpapers/1280-wallpaper-34.jpg

thesameguy
June 1st, 2015, 10:08 PM
Yup. :up:

http://www.cartech.net/images/thsn95ss2.jpg

George
June 3rd, 2015, 07:40 AM
Then can I take off the rear spoiler? :D

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/PhoenixEJ1/DSC_2177.jpg~original

Now that looks good...but mostly because I love that color on just about everything. Wheels look great, too.

That works well without a spoiler, IMO, unlike the skinny-tired rental job TSG posted.

thesameguy
June 3rd, 2015, 08:57 AM
The only thing you have to ask yourself about that car is whether you're going to take the collision damage waiver or not at $12 per day.

Spoilerless Mustangs. FFS!

George
June 3rd, 2015, 09:12 AM
I want to be like Novi when I grow up.

1978 Ford Mustang v8 - $2500 (http://pueblo.craigslist.org/cto/5024169426.html)

http://images.craigslist.org/00E0E_5fP4XztC717_600x450.jpg

Random
June 3rd, 2015, 09:18 AM
http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1256&stc=1

Compromise? Hadn't seen this one before.

thesameguy
June 3rd, 2015, 12:19 PM
Yep, I like that as well! :up:

Something needs to finish the decklid.

Random
June 3rd, 2015, 12:28 PM
Side-ish view on a yellow car: http://photos4.automanager.com/022326/54cbda4305d0854c9b2d66c45836b0fe/4f39b04e43_640.jpg

Random
June 3rd, 2015, 12:29 PM
Years from now I might try scoring an SVT Cobra rear chubby ducktail.

Looks like we've come full circle. :lol:

novicius
June 3rd, 2015, 05:19 PM
I want to be like Novi when I grow up.
A fate worse than death!

Alright maybe I could be swayed by a knock-off Saleen-style wing and a matching pair of equally false 18" Saleen-style rims.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select45/stevesvfb6.JPG

thesameguy
June 3rd, 2015, 06:52 PM
Excellent!

Godson
June 3rd, 2015, 09:08 PM
Bare or svt lip spoiler is what I'd run if I had a mustang.

Random
June 6th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Keep a casual eye on the C-C for sale forum for MM and Griggs stuff, too.

Pair of MM caster/camber plates up right now for a buck-fiddy. :)

novicius
June 6th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Cool! I really-really-really hope they're around next summer! :lol:

Currently the Bananastang has suffered a series of small issues:

1. Driver's side power window motor is dying. I got caught with the window (and my proverbial pants) down yesterday. Letting the car sit overnight in my garage gave the motor one last cool down needed to roll it back up but its days are numbered. Replacement motor is $63 and three nuts & screws.

2. Airbag light came on. There's an easy way to clear it but to fix it takes some work. Still looking into this.

3. Stereo popped off of its mountings. Must have been wedged in there (:rolleyes:) so I'm gonna have to tear the dash apart and see why it wasn't screwed into place.

See Tyler? You're not the only one that buys basketcases. :lol:

Godson
June 6th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Yeah....seems to be a ford problem....

novicius
June 6th, 2015, 06:23 PM
The driver's side power window motor died in my '96 Pontiac Trans Am too way-back-when.

novicius
June 8th, 2015, 06:32 AM
17" Bullitt-style deep-dish rims & Saleen-style wing:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/sftempest66/DSC_0211.jpg~original

18" Bullitt-style deep-dish rims & Saleen-style wing:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/dcorn/BlueblownGTrear.jpg~original

18" Saleen rims & Saleen-style wing:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/sitnlopro99gt/127_2748.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r15/yroc2005/SideView.jpg~original

I'm diggin' the 17" Bullitt-style deep-dish rims the most! :smh: :D

Godson
June 8th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Commoner.

novicius
June 8th, 2015, 10:35 AM
What part of buying a Mustang says "Automotive Elite" to you? :D

novicius
June 9th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Janky 1-DIN in a 1.5-DIN slot corrected with help from a $15 generic installation kit from Best Buy. Yes I know I could have bought one online for less than half that but my time is worth the $10. :finger:

Looks good but since it's an aftermarket Sony CDX-GT72W head unit that's been bastard-wedded to the factory PITA MACH 460 system, it still sounds shitty. :lol:

thesameguy
June 9th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Is it being overdriven, or something else? I don't know how the Mach system works, but it's probably like most others... high level from the factory head unit into an amp, with slightly off input impedances to totally hose DIYers. :)

novicius
June 9th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Don't rightly know -- the previous installation looked like it was done by Hannibal Lecter: shits been hacked off and eaten behind the head unit.

I do have Fade and Balance response; more exploration is required to know if it's just the stock music levels, badly blown OEM units or a poison pill from Ford messing up the bass.

EDIT: There's also a remote control that should come with the Sony unit. I'll recheck the car but I'm pretty sure that it's lost forever. Replacement remotes are cheap tho'. (http://www.amazon.com/Control-Replace-CDX-GT500-CDX-GT72W-CDX-GT730UI/dp/B00OX1G1HI) :up:

novicius
June 10th, 2015, 01:47 AM
Since I own a plebiscite Mustang and everything is known about them, I found this handy write-up on combining an aftermarket head unit with the Ford Mach 460 system. (http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/guide-to-replacing-your-2001-mach-460-head-unit.482713/)

Looks like I've got some homework to do. :hard:

21Kid
June 10th, 2015, 07:48 AM
This is one area I greatly appreciate Crutchfield for.

Shop Car Stereos
2002 Mustang with MACH audio system

You'll need parts to install this JVC in your Ford.
Kit Wiring Harness Custom Instructions

American International FMK-550 Dash Kit
Fits select 1995-up Ford, Lincoln, Mazda, and Mercury vehicles — single-DIN radios

Metra 70-5701 Receiver Wiring Harness
Connect a new car stereo in select 1998-03 Ford and Lincoln vehicles
Item #: 120705701

Axxess AFDI-5V
12-volt to 5-volt converter — eliminates the turn-on "thump" in Ford-built vehicles with amplified systems
Item #: 120AFDI5V

Oh, and this... Free for matching vehicles with all stereos $119+

novicius
June 10th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Nice! Thanks Kid! :D

Had my first look underneath since I bought her... ouch! She's had a rough life!

novicius
June 11th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Luggage for two, portable lay-flat baby's pack & play, bouncy seat, baby's clothing bag & diapers and two different baby slings -- as well as a Queen-sized comforter, two pillows and bedsheets all fit into the Mustang's trunk!

The only thing in the backseat is the baby's daily bag, two sweaters and a baby bucket. :hard: #familymusclecar

Random
June 11th, 2015, 08:32 AM
You're still on the upslope to Peak Baby, FYI. Wait til you bring all that stuff PLUS the big stroller. :D

Our camping pack list this year: two tents (haven't upgraded to a larger family tent), four sleeping bags, three sleeping pads, three wool blankets, three pillows, baby's sleeping pad, kitchen box, big stroller, cooler, three bags of food, four gallons of water, four camping chairs (2 big, 2 small), stove, grill, clothes for four people for three days, a couple small beach buckets, and a 10x10 shade structure. Baby in his rear-facing seat, Lou in his booster. *whew* The Camry was dragging ass a little bit. :D Still got 27mpg, even with the roof box and shade structure up on the rack. :hard:

Oh, and I managed to squeeze my kite in, too.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/10419047_10207057689307501_306565207950225840_n.jp g?oh=9cfff3896ca48b4febbd9d49617f614b&oe=55FB9639

thesameguy
June 11th, 2015, 10:21 AM
I do not know how my sister and I were raised with only a '76 CVCC to ferry us around. If I ever have kids, they are going to know what it's like to live lean. And I can say that with 100% confidence because I am never having kids.

Random
June 11th, 2015, 10:25 AM
We used to go camping in a Datsun wagon. :lol:

No sleeping pads, one "four" person tent (that I still have and it's really a two person tent!), no kitchen box, backpacking stove instead of two-burner propane, no shade structure... And my brother and I sat cross-legged the whole time because the footwells were full. :D

novicius
June 11th, 2015, 10:34 AM
You're still on the upslope to Peak Baby, FYI.
Yeah no stroller (that lives in the Exploder); alternately, the Wife did buy a used wearable Ergo backpack off of The Craigslist that'll work up to 45 lbs. or summat. That rolls up pretty tightly for storage. ;)

Foldable/flexible/fabric baby gear is a must!

Random
June 11th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Ergos are sweet--once you figure out how to put the damn thing on by yourself. Naomi can do it, I can't. We had one of those in the car, too. :D

21Kid
June 11th, 2015, 10:49 AM
I had the Impreza until my by son was 2. :hardcore:

We used the wife's Forester for most full duty family stuff though. ;)

TheBenior
June 11th, 2015, 06:25 PM
I do not know how my sister and I were raised with only a '76 CVCC to ferry us around. If I ever have kids, they are going to know what it's like to live lean. And I can say that with 100% confidence because I am never having kids.
Reminds me, for the first half decade my sister and I were around, our family's sole automobile was an E70 Corolla, which was the last RWD-only Corolla chassis. I don't know how we did it, because I was too young to remember. :lol:

novicius
June 12th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Old school Corolla are forever cool. :up:

Just came across someone's 1970 Competition Yellow Mustang. This shade is much closer to mine than the OEM Zinc Yellow.

http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/1970/1970_00138_01.jpg

Random
June 12th, 2015, 08:32 AM
They've got George's rear window louvers, too. :D

novicius
June 12th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Yep the siren song of Retro is strong... ;)

novicius
June 12th, 2015, 04:43 PM
5.0L stroker makes more power than a Coyote. (http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/mmfp-1105-two-valve-stroker-motor-build/viewall.html) :up: :up:

Now I don't know if it would be cheaper to buy a crate Coyote ($7,400 USD)...

Godson
June 12th, 2015, 06:52 PM
you lost me at N20

I still say flat plane.

novicius
June 12th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Nah even before the nitrous it's making more power than the Coyote.

Probably gets significantly worse gas mileage, of course! :lol:

thesameguy
June 12th, 2015, 07:36 PM
I like this, but I have a hard time believing a crank, heads, cams, intake costs less than a blower. The labor alone on such an install sounds like a few grand!

novicius
June 12th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Oh absolutely -- but the driving dynamics of a high-strung N/A car is different than a blown one, right? ;)

thesameguy
June 12th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Maybe? I haven't driven all that many supercharged cars, but I think comparing the average big V8 against a slighter smaller V8 with a centrifugal blower the differences will be subtle. At any given point in the rev range power output will be similar and it's not like the wheezer is going to rev higher. I mean, it could, but this one doesn't.

novicius
June 13th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Well, more power is THE LAST thing this car ever gets so I've got time to think about it. :lol:

thesameguy
June 13th, 2015, 01:49 PM
OTOH, if you give it enough power, nothing else will really matter....

novicius
June 13th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Not with this suspension! ;)

novicius
June 13th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Slick -- I wonder what hood that is?

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee241/WS6JJP/cobra096.jpg~original

P.S. - Duh, stock Cobra hood.

novicius
June 13th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Still got 27mpg, even with the roof box and shade structure up on the rack. :hard:
Ah, I just remembered to post my mileage for this weekend: 24.675 MPG

We benefited from not having to drive around once we got up to the cabin. :assclown:

Godson
June 13th, 2015, 02:23 PM
I love those wheels.

novicius
June 13th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Yep the FR500's are real cool -- and they should be, they're the wheel that was designed specifically for the New Edge refresh of the SN95's.

Here's a pic for Rando:

http://www.blackstripes.net/Pics/PassangerSide45.JPG

http://www.blackstripes.net/Pics/PassangerSide270.JPG

;)

18" rear, 17" fronts?

http://www.blackstripes.net/Pics/SummitOct07/m3.jpg

Found these weights:
Fronts 17x9, 15.9 lbs. each
Rears 17x10, 17 lbs. each

P.S. - Also the differences in yellows can be explained by clarifying that the Cobra should be Screaming Yellow and the GT above is Zinc Yellow.

Godson
June 13th, 2015, 05:46 PM
RPF1s hands down.

I love the wheel design of the rpf1 but I have yet to find a vehicle that I absolutely love them on. Until that.

novicius
June 13th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Winner-winner chicken dinner!

Tire Rack is listing BFG G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2 245/45R17's front and 270/40R17's rear for pre-s/h price of $423.54 with Road Hazard included... #dammit

EDIT: I will say that the bright silver doesn't work for me. Rather see powdercoated gunmetal on yellow.

http://578e7a9bafc08e847f59-b21544d490ba797ec9de9d17e947de3d.r81.cf1.rackcdn.c om/vel-nvmb52010mg_2079.jpg

Godson
June 13th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Nothing a rattle can can't fix.

novicius
June 21st, 2015, 09:20 AM
I'm really diggin' these 18" RPF1's on this New Edge Cobra:

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1279&stc=1

Listed as 18.5 lbs for the fronts and 19.5 lbs for the rears which is more than acceptable -- the FR500's are approaching 30 lbs. each by comparison.

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1280&stc=1

Powdercoated "Black Chrome". I wonder how much weight that adds? :D #don'tcare

EDIT: Sweet merciful fates! The forum software does NOT like these hotlinked images! :lol:

Godson
June 21st, 2015, 09:23 AM
Do it.

Random
June 21st, 2015, 09:29 AM
Something funky going on with those picture links. But yeah, lightweight wheels FTW. ;)

novicius
June 21st, 2015, 10:19 AM
Yeah the forum wasn't letting me edit that post -- I had to recreate the entry three times. :?

The front end on the Bananastang is still fairly tight and drivable, highway drift notwithstanding. I really doubt that I will need to have the front end redone anytime soon (read: drivable for years).

At this point I'd rather save up for new lowering springs & dampers, rims & tires, the Maximum Motorsports Torque-Arm kit, subframe connectors, aluminum driveshaft and have some sort of Ford Racing/Auburn Gear/Eaton LSD installed first AS WELL AS getting the clutch/flywheel/shifter feel sorted, returning the headlights/foglights/grille back to OEM stock -- and then getting the paint massaged and patched up!!

As George would understand, that's plenty to save up for! :lol: #tenyearplan

Doesn't mean I couldn't get out and have a lil' "official" fun with her, as-is tho'... (http://www.madisonsportscarclub.com/node/347):twisted:

Godson
June 21st, 2015, 12:53 PM
Yeah, they show up until the page fully loads, then they are gone-zos

novicius
June 21st, 2015, 06:46 PM
Fixed -- knocked out the hotlink, uploaded them instead.

novicius
June 22nd, 2015, 08:49 PM
What's the cheese-factor for getting all Cobra body bits -- but keeping my GT badges? :assclown:

http://www.mustangcobrasvt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/yellow-2003-ford-mustang-cobra-2.jpg

SkylineObsession
July 1st, 2015, 12:54 AM
My vote goes for Saleen rear wing, and Cobra R bonnet. Think i made a car like that in Forza and fricking loved the look of it. :D

Think this is the look?
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f182/strikeeagle345/highrescobrasmall.jpg

You'd need a Cobra R bumper set too though prolly.

novicius
July 1st, 2015, 07:18 AM
Yep, I do dig the Saleen wing -- I am just thinking about the SVT Cobra front splitter for both fogs and brake duct intakes. :up:

That's basically what this car is:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee241/WS6JJP/cobra096.jpg~original

thesameguy
July 1st, 2015, 08:17 AM
I'd rock that. :up:

Phil_SS
July 1st, 2015, 05:09 PM
That's hot!

novicius
July 2nd, 2015, 02:22 PM
Took the Daytona out for a 3-hour jaunt today. Still awesome. :D

Hmm. Tires are lookin' shot.

http://6pfgkq-sn3302.files.1drv.com/y2pUX9ow9cnB0ekf1RlzTylCtFAdShopPyXBFy_WgByzxjMTsU NKDGpkyPIu-my9Uw0J_wFg4k-t1r9-bbA9gRepafsIrwCvWI5tnp0VNENIIc8pxxHKp96nvVfOPyVffT 6uWG4slZs7g8ma4Dy0x8wTlCy9x6qLl7Ozwmm1adBBAk/20150702_152137_LLS.jpg?psid=1

Trying out my new mesh jacket, too. *Really* flows well, dark colors notwithstanding.

I think it's time I get a new helmet tho'. :cool:

http://6pfgkq-sn3302.files.1drv.com/y2pCCD-i8rCl5y0MIrtBfTvecH6WP840gC3YHx4SEhULZq3t3RQjXIkuz YUswWWI3KH7DHFBPlmNE_SyNaf_2JpXha1BYORuOvcRHPbpbW6 hycMikld4vPjcQ4B-_77LA5mP7k-OkRNLl_UAGWaXiWyfAA7lEJiMZfZvsg0mvzQWEY/20150702_152225.jpg?psid=1

Godson
July 2nd, 2015, 02:39 PM
Check motorcyclecloseouts.com

TheBenior
July 2nd, 2015, 06:54 PM
Or take advantage of the weak Euro and Minimum Advertised Price laws being illegal and order from Italy.

And then wait a month. For them to ship. ;)

thesameguy
July 11th, 2015, 03:19 PM
It took me a while to figure out what I was looking at, and then like a month to actually snap a shot of this thing - traffic just never cooperated with me. I finally got it on a driveby the other day:

http://sacsaabs.org/sacsaabs.org/othercars/newedges197.jpg

Pretty sure the owner is trying an S197 conversion on his New Edge 'stang. I hope you find it aspirational.

novicius
July 11th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Oh yeah, that's my jam! :lol:

21Kid
July 22nd, 2015, 09:35 AM
Really Carlo? There's a 'Yellow Mustang' support group on Facebook? :lol:

novicius
July 22nd, 2015, 12:59 PM
Yup-yup -- I think there's one for every color, actually. :lol:

Of course my Moostang was painted some bastard yellow so I'm fucked if they're as anal-retentive as the SVOCA group. :assclown:

21Kid
July 22nd, 2015, 01:12 PM
I didn't know there was a "Bastard Yellow". I just imagine pulling up to Maaco asking for that color. :lol:

Phil_SS
July 23rd, 2015, 12:45 PM
Sad bastard yellow.....

novicius
July 24th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Heh, it's not that bad! :lol:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/349/19798828009_bcf308dcd7_k.jpg

Just after a run through the $4 automatic car wash. I need to get off my duff and order that 14" antenna, dammit! :D #lovin'it

21Kid
July 27th, 2015, 10:58 AM
You need to get a gigantic minion to put in the passenger seat.

http://www.burwoodscene.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/despicable-in-a-car-Copy.jpg

thesameguy
July 27th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Like. :up: