PDA

View Full Version : /DRIVE coming to NBCSN

Freude am Fahren
May 20th, 2014, 10:51 AM
http://drive.jalopnik.com/drive-is-coming-to-cable-television-on-nbcsn-1578963794/1579033973/+travis?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

First episode this weekend after Monaco Qualifying. Could this be a proper US answer to Top Gear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgcWtA3RBDU

Godson
May 20th, 2014, 01:09 PM
*stands up and claps*

Phil_SS
May 20th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Totally awesome. Love the guys on Drive, especially Chris Harris. They also mentioned that Musto will be making some appearances.

I think this could be like Top Gear yet without the ridiculous challenges. Though to be honest. They could be awesome with this group.

thesameguy
May 20th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Is it all flavors of Drive, or just OG Drive?

Although it's nice to see some mainstream acknowledgment, I'm not sure what this really does for me. I've been enjoying it (and will continue to enjoy it) on the tubes..

The359
May 20th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I can't really see a lot of their discussion group things making it into the show, or the long plays of onboard cams and stuff.

Freude am Fahren
May 20th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Certainly I would think t will be more tailored for TV. Not as good for the hardcore car fans. But They will still be doing YouTube stuff. And I think the tv shows will add new element. Maybe not challenges, but longer desitnation type road trip reviews rather than going back and forth on the same road a dozen times. And I'd imagine some fun interaction between the whole crew.

Also there's a new show with Will Buxton following it.

M4FFU
May 21st, 2014, 03:08 AM
Kinda annoying I won't be able to see it in the UK!

Crazed_Insanity
May 21st, 2014, 08:43 AM
Don't have cable TV no more... so it matters little to me...

thesameguy
May 21st, 2014, 08:56 AM
Heh. Yeah, there's that too. :D

Freude am Fahren
May 21st, 2014, 11:27 AM
I think they said they'll be putting episodes on YT.

Godson
May 24th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Did anyone see it? I misread and thought it was going to be after the race...

Phil_SS
May 25th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Yep, I saw it. And I thought it was well done and is already much better than Top Gear USA. Looking forward to more episodes. Though 30 minutes didn't give them a ton of time, so hopefully the show can be successful enough to garner more time per episode.

Biggdogg
May 25th, 2014, 07:26 AM
No DVR and everytime it seems to be showing I am not home. Not found a place to download it yet and its not on their website to watch. I have heard really good things about it too.

Kchrpm
May 25th, 2014, 01:39 PM
I watched it, I liked it. If Top Gear USA sticks to the cheap car challenges, and /Drive does the fancy car stuff, it will combine to challenge Top Gear UK. Either way, I enjoy all three shows, and am happy to see all of them.

Freude am Fahren
May 25th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I liked it a lot. A bit short on the details of the cars (especially the McLaren, since Spinelli is the American James May it would seem), but still real cool. Felt more like a film from an older Top Gear that focused on the cars and the drive, and less on scripted funny bits.

Alan P
May 26th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Hmm, doesn't look like anyone has uploaded it to my usual source. :(