PDA

View Full Version : My life is more beautiful than your life

Sad, little man
June 5th, 2014, 05:36 PM
A combination of turbulent recent life events, high workload at the office, and a lack of sleep resulted in me asking out the girl that was canvassing the neighborhood selling little pamphlets to put herself through nursing school... Even though her school is on the other side of the state, and it's a school for seventh-day adventists.

Then I drove the Lotus to Lowes to buy a garden hose.

This is incredible... Right now I'm existing on a plane of existence that has no regrets... I feel like Kevin Spacey in American Beauty.

Thank you everyone in advance for your congratulations, concern, and well wishing. If I could, I would grab onto all of you and take you with me as I ride this crazy, love fueled jetpack into the stratosphere.

Leon
June 5th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I feel like Kevin Spacey in American Beauty.

So you rubbed one out in the shower then?

Sad, little man
June 5th, 2014, 06:31 PM
No, Kevin Spacey from the middle of the movie, not the beginning.

Jason
June 5th, 2014, 07:06 PM
You're trying to bang a high school chick?

G'day Mate
June 5th, 2014, 07:08 PM
The neighbour thinks you're a poof and banging his son?

Sad, little man
June 5th, 2014, 07:57 PM
College Jason... And I guess I can't be sure G'Day, but I have no reason to suspect this.

G'day Mate
June 5th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Neither did Kevin Spacey, and look what happened to him!

http://comparitivestudyoftextandcontext.weebly.com/uploads/1/7/0/6/17065240/8503723.jpg?618

Yw-slayer
June 5th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Not sure we're at the part where the neighbour has kissed him.

Leon
June 5th, 2014, 08:30 PM
I think maybe we might be the wrong audience

thesameguy
June 5th, 2014, 09:13 PM
It's reasonable to say no matter what the sentiment, we're the wrong audience.

Godson
June 5th, 2014, 09:25 PM
It's reasonable to say no matter what the sentiment, we're the wrong audience.

For all things, I can't disagree.

GB
June 5th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts, Icarus.

G'day Mate
June 5th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Good on you anyway SLM - I hope you enjoy this kinda ... existential ... thing that's happening :)

Cam
June 6th, 2014, 03:01 AM
Enjoy it while it lasts, Icarus.
Post of the year. :lol:

KillerB
June 6th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Yep. In four months, the weather will confine the Lotus to the garage for a long winter's nap, and this girl will realize how much Michigan sucks and will move to Texas or California.

Godson
June 6th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Yep. In four months, the weather will confine the Lotus to the garage for a long winter's nap, and this girl will realize how much Michigan sucks and will move to Texas or California.

Sad but true. Here is to hoping she gets lost in Missouri for some dumbass reason...

Or not. I'd rather ride the bike then deal with BS.

FaultyMario
June 6th, 2014, 08:07 AM
A+ Thread.

Would read again. In fact, I just did.

Sad, little man
June 6th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Oh, heh, actually, re-reading this thread, I realized that I omitted something critical...

She completely unequivocally rejected me. I'll never see her again. But you know what, I don't give a fuck. I couldn't care less. That's the great part. I just don't care anymore.

My life is an in-ground swimming pool filled with diet coke, and I feel as though the pallet of mentos that has been teetering on the edge for as long as I can remember has finally fallen in.

I've finally reached the very bottom of my emotional crevasse. No one can do anything to drive me down any further than this. I'm just blissfully scraping bottom. While I'm down here, I plan to grill some hot dogs, maybe do some painting, and then maybe at some point build a giant slingshot to propel myself back to the surface.

(Don't worry, I'll get over this little phase. Nothing to be concerned about. I'm just going through a transition.)

FaultyMario
June 6th, 2014, 08:58 AM
I was yours at hotdogs.

What sort of music is playing in the Hi-Fi?

Crazed_Insanity
June 6th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Indeed something critical was missing. Just make sure you don't own a gun, okay? ;)

Hope you recover out of this phase soon enough... and look forward to your 'my wife is more beautiful than your wife' thread in the future!

FaultyMario
June 6th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Wife? Mark's young, handsome, wealthy, interesting. For fuck's sake, he owns an Orange Lotus.

Cam
June 6th, 2014, 09:34 AM
I totally agree, he can crank my piston any time. :P

Sad, little man
June 6th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Please folks. Anyone who would think this is one of those kinds of things does not know me well enough. I feel nothing but kindness and understanding towards the world, regardless of what it does to me.

(In fact, while this is a difficult time for me, I think once all of this shakes out, the result will be a net positive.)

FaultyMario
June 6th, 2014, 10:11 AM
I asked you a question, I can't leave this life behind for you if I don't know what the fuck's up with your beats, yo!

Sad, little man
June 6th, 2014, 12:58 PM
You don't have to pacify me by making smalltalk about my interests. I'm embracing my current state of mind, not trying to divert my attention from it. But, if you must know, here are my latest acquisitions... I tend to acquire vinyl faster than I can listen to it these days:

Remastered version of Congratulations by MGMT. I never picked up the original press since it was hard to come by.

Guero. What more needs to be said? I haven't really been in the mood for this one yet, but I'll give it a spin soon.

Are We There by Sharon Van Etten... Great voice, great music.

Closer by the Austrian artist Effi. This is in the mail right now, somewhere between Germany and me. Excellent album, really excellent. It deserves exposure.

Special edition of Lazaretto came in the mail today. :up: :up:

Godson
June 6th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Please folks. Anyone who would think this is one of those kinds of things does not know me well enough. I feel nothing but kindness and understanding towards the world, regardless of what it does to me.

(In fact, while this is a difficult time for me, I think once all of this shakes out, the result will be a net positive.)

Exactly, I am in that mindset. If someone doesn't want to spend time with me, I don't give a shit. I'll hop on the bike, braaaap about, flirt with some random broad in a sports car or over-priced SUV, go home and think of when I am goign to study for boards.

Keep it up Mark, it's fun in this area.

FaultyMario
June 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Güero is a fucking masterpiece. That is all. No smalltalk from me.

You just need sex.
My $0.02

Sad, little man
June 6th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Güero is a fucking masterpiece. That is all. No smalltalk from me.

You just need sex.
My $0.02

I appreciate your assessment, but please don't try to distill a complex situation you know nothing about down to a simple solution.

But yeah, Guero is a fun album. I managed to pick it up for a reasonable price online.

Leon
June 6th, 2014, 02:31 PM
1) Leave Lotus outside a women's gym, with the roof off

2) Return to Lotus

3) Remove the ugly chicks from the Lotus, keep the rest.

4) Victory.

;-)

FaultyMario
June 6th, 2014, 02:37 PM
In my experience, most complex situations can and should be addressed in a rational and simplifying manner.
Solutions can't ever afford to be complex.
I'm pretty certain you're going to be okay. You're smart, keep composure.

I never got too much into MGMT and Jack's newest looks awesome.

Rare White Ape
June 6th, 2014, 02:58 PM
I think SLM is embracing the liberating exhilaration that only hitting rock bottom can give. The black dog is not biting at his heels. If it were he would be depressed.

He is not depressed. He is liberated. The only way is up, right?

Like a plastic bag blowing on the wind.

http://i.imgur.com/ErYV5CI.gif

speedpimp
June 6th, 2014, 03:49 PM
The school is Andrews University in Berrien Springs. Being that she is an SDA, I doubt she'd go for oral as SDA's don't eat pork. Plus they go to church on Saturday.

Sad, little man
June 6th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is going to cave in.

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=636&d=1402104682

Yw-slayer
June 6th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Mine looks BETTER. :x

Sad, little man
June 25th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Well, I feel like over the past month or so, a little before I started this topic, I've gone through a transition in life that's been more abrupt and significant than any I can remember. I think overall it's good, but I'm having moments of difficulty coming to terms with the fact that I've become a different person over the course of about one month. I know it sounds grandiose to say that I've completely changed over the course of one month, but I think it might really be the case. It's just hard to come to terms with it. It's almost like I've taken a good friend that I've had for many years and swapped them for someone else. Even if it's someone better, it's still very odd to just have someone in your life suddenly replaced by someone else, especially when it's yourself.

Yw-slayer
June 25th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Thanks, and noted.