PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption

overpowered
January 8th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Last night fired a sawed off shotgun into the face of an opium dealer and ran like hell.

Had to pay $45 in fines for doing that.

Grand Theft Horse indeed.

M4FFU
January 9th, 2014, 12:59 AM
LOL! Not fired this up since getting into GT6, but need to change that. As mentioned in the other forum, just started a new play-through on the PS3. Delightful game - modern classic for sure.

Rare White Ape
January 9th, 2014, 03:43 AM
You blow the heads off random strangers?

Man, I just like to walk around, maybe hunt some animals but generally enjoy the beauty and serenity of the world.

Each to their own I guess.

Kchrpm
January 9th, 2014, 04:54 AM
Someone trying to sell drugs in your neighborhood isn't a random. They are a scourge to be discouraged.

novicius
January 9th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Heh, sounds like he discouraged the life outta him.

Kchrpm
January 9th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Every person in GTA:SA that tried to sell drugs to me while in my neighborhood got a silenced 9mm discouragement.

overpowered
January 9th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Actually, the side mission is called "poppycock" and the dealer got me to deliver opium without knowing what it was. I took the money back to him and he was very smug and self righteous about selling drugs, not to mention racist. Instead of giving him the $1000 I shot him in the face.

overpowered
January 13th, 2014, 02:52 PM
I managed to get the treasure hunter outfit. I got a bounty on a treasure hunter gang member and walked right into the gang and they basically ignored me.

I found a spot where I could easily see 4 of them at close range, drew my Henry repeater and went into dead-eye mode and took them all out with 4 head shots in a second.

John Marsten is the Terminator.

novicius
January 13th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Nice -- yes, yes he is.

animalica
January 14th, 2014, 04:42 AM
A while ago I bought the GOTY and I am near the end of the game.
Need to collect and shoot some things to get the last outfits and do some missions.

And I took a short look at the undead version.

Very good game. :up:

GTH - Grand Theft Horse

novicius
January 14th, 2014, 05:55 AM
Undead Nightmare is a fine, fine epilogue and seriously sizable for DLC. :up:

overpowered
May 27th, 2014, 08:14 PM
I finally got 100% in single player normal mode.

Killing a bear with a bowie knife proved difficult.

I hate poker and I especially hate Texas Hold 'Em. It was tough to eliminate all players in Blackwater.

I had a difficult time winning the last two rounds of five finger fillet at Torquemada.

I recommend never ignoring an available bounty. I finished the last challenge and thought I was done but I still had 10 bounties to collect to get 100%. That meant a lot of waiting around for bounties to be posted. Tip: If you're in that situation, hitch your horse to the sheriff's office post in Armadillo (I had 5/8), Chuparosa (I had 1/8) or Blackwater (I had 4/4) and go save your game at the nearest house. Come out and move your horse back to the post and save again until a bounty is posted.

I glanced at the PSN trophies. I'm only at 43%. I looked through some of those. It looks like I have partials on some but no way to know how much. Many are for online mode. Some are ridiculous.

Rare White Ape
May 28th, 2014, 01:09 AM
It's still the best game of the last gen of consoles in my mind. Nothing came close to the addictive atmosphere and bloody ultraviolence.

overpowered
March 15th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Almost did 100% on Undead Nightmare. I can't seem to manage the final sharpshooter one though. Taking out 5 undead in 8 seconds with a sniper rifle and no dead-eye seems impossible.

The Unicorn is ridiculous. Butterflies and rainbows?

KillerB
March 28th, 2015, 11:58 AM
It's still the best game of the last gen of consoles in my mind. Nothing came close to the addictive atmosphere and bloody ultraviolence.

Best game ever, IMO. I keep my 360 around for the sole purpose of playing this and GTA IV.

overpowered
August 27th, 2015, 04:45 PM
I tried playing through with low honor. There's not much point in doing this, it turns out.

The "perks" when your honor gets low enough:

You get "Dark Horse" when you whistle and your previous horse is not obviously near by. It's a nasty looking horse. It's not particularly fast but it doesn't slow down due to you being in the weeds off the trails. If your honor goes up, Dark Horse will not show up as much and if it gets above neutral, it won't come at all.

When you're at super low honor, you can commit any crime short of murder and not get reported by witnesses, though if there's a cop present, you'll still draw their attention.

Doing a lot of bad stuff gets you lots of bounties. You can build up $5000 worth of bounties and pay it off with a pardon letter to get the "Friends in High Places" trophy.

Prices are better at Thieve's Landing, and worse everywhere else.

When you play high honor, you sometimes get randomly attacked when entering Thieve's Landing. At low honor, that doesn't happen but it does sometime happen elsewhere.

It seems that the highest bounty is for killing cops, $100. If you want to build up the bounty, go to a settlement and commit a crime. When the cops come after you, kill them all. Honor drops fast. Bounties go up fast. An enormous amount of cops tend to spawn in Armadillo. Rathskellar Fork also gets a lot.

When I got to Blackwater for the first time, the explosive rifle was $10,000 due to low honor. Normally it's $5000 with high honor. If you have high honor and are wearing the savvy merchant outfit, it's only $2500.

KillerB
September 2nd, 2015, 08:56 AM
Yeah, it's strange, this game never inspired me to commit mayhem just for the fun of it like the GTA games have.

Kchrpm
September 2nd, 2015, 09:50 AM
RDR actually gives you things you can do almost anywhere other than kill random people. If you just want to go out and fuck around in RDR, you can hunt animals, pick flowers, tame wild horses, find randomly generated people to help/be held up by, whatever, and you're rewarded for all of it. In GTA there's almost nothing for you to do that has any consequence other than changing the numbers on your gameplay stat screen.

Kchrpm
September 2nd, 2015, 09:53 AM
I feel like the next GTA can have a ready-made solution for that: Uber equivalent. Driving around anywhere, turn on your Uber app and wait for a request. It could be a normal delivery mission, but you could do so many randomly generated things with that, without having them popping up all the time, just when the player wants them.

KillerB
September 2nd, 2015, 10:33 AM
:up:

GreatScawt
September 2nd, 2015, 04:11 PM
Isn't there random events in GTAV? The "blue-dot" system as I like to so eloquently call it. Not sure there's much reward for that stuff, though, besides a few bucks here and there.

Kchrpm
September 2nd, 2015, 07:14 PM
Yeah, but I think they can expand on that, without it just going from completely random tiny thing straight to story element/side mission.

Rare White Ape
September 3rd, 2015, 01:31 AM
Yeah, it's strange, this game never inspired me to commit mayhem just for the fun of it like the GTA games have.

Yeah, you're true on that. And addressing Krunch's post as well, I think the setting itself is the thing that sucked me into the game so much.

GTA V feels boring and old after a few hours of fucking around whereas RDR is so engaging and just a fascinating place to be when all you've done for the last 90 minutes was ride around and look for animal skins or treasure locations.

It's a game that definitely deserves a next-gen sequel. Heck, I'd gladly pay for a remake coz I'm a sucker.

overpowered
September 1st, 2016, 11:40 PM
Found out about the "cheats" to enter Mexico and West Elizabeth early. Google the videos. It's easier to watch the video than to explain it. No missions, including stranger missions, are available in early area access but challenges, collectibles, random strangers and bounties are available as are purchases as long as they don't need to be unlocked.

Some advice for planning on that:

Do not buy a safe house in an area you've gone to early. It can complicate getting back.

In order to do all challenges, you'll need to find the treasure hunter random encounter. I've found that the best way to find this is to complete all of the Bonnie MacFarlane story missions up through "Wild Horses, Tamed Passions" in which you acquire the lasso and unlock Kentucky Saddler. After that, do the first Marshall Johnson mission where you go after Walton at Pleasance House. Once that's done, in the area just east of Pleasance House, the treasure hunter encounter spawns. Follow the gunfire and save the treasure hunter and he will give you the first map.

Now that you have the first map, you can get all of the treasures in New Austin up through and including the one in Tumbleweed.

You can complete ranks 1-6 on sharp shooter. 7 requires killing bears which will have to wait until West Elizabeth.

You can complete ranks 1-3 of survivalist. 4-6 require Mexico and 7-9 require West Elizabeth. 10 requires all areas.

You can complete 1-6 of master hunter and the raccoons and foxes from rank 6 and the bighorns required by 7 can be in New Austin or West Elizabeth. Skunks from rank 6 can be from anywhere. Elk from 7, as well as the bear from 8 require West Elizabeth as do 2 of the 3 animals from rank 10. 9 requires Mexico.

Once you've got what you want to do done in New Austin, do the "cheat" to go to Mexico. People call it a glitch but I think it had to be put there on purpose so it's probably more accurately called an easter egg. Get all the challenge stuff you need in Mexico and then go back to New Austin and then to West Elizabeth

Since you have the lasso from "Wild Horses, Tamed Passions", while in West Elizabeth make sure to pay attention to wild horses and capture the black horse, American Standardbred, which is the fastest horse in the game. Using it in the races in story missions in combination with horse pills is ridiculous. Normally, this horse is not available until all races are done. You can't use it in the race against Bonnie since that's before you get the lasso. You can use it for the Rathskellar Fork race and for the race with de Santa. It's also handy for stopping the cow stampede in the Bonnie mission "A Tempest Looms". If you lose it, you can either go back to West Elizabeth to catch it again or you can buy the deed. It's $750 if your honor is high enough; $1500 if not.

Rank 7 of sharp shooter requires killing 3 bears, each with one shot. You need a powerful gun for that and even then it tends to require a head shot. The buffalo rifle is cheapest if you've unlocked it. The rolling block or Carcano sniper rifles also work. All are available for purchase at the gun smith in Blackwater. The bolt action rifle is only available from a fairly late story mission in Mexico. The explosive rifle also works but is super expensive and should not be purchased until after you finish the Savvy Merchant outfit unless you like paying really insane amounts of money for a gun. I don't think any other guns can kill a bear in one shot.

Things you get:

Sharpshooter rank 5 yields more ammo from chests and drawers in safe houses. Rank 10 builds up dead-eye faster when you kill enemies.
Survivalist rank 5 yields survivalist map last twice as long. Rank 10 allows you to make tonic from collected herbs. Tonic replenishes dead-eye like chewing tobacco or snake oil.
Master Hunter rank 5 unlocks the Buffalo Rifle for purchase. Rank 10 allows you to make "vittles" from skinned animals. Vittles replenish health like medicine.
Treasure Hunter rank 5 gives you free stage coach rides. Rank 10 allows you to hold 10 of consumable items instead of just 5.
Completing all of the above gives you "Legend of the West" which increases your dead eye meter capacity.

Having all of these capabilities through the rest of the game makes it easier.

Other notes:

If you have the Game of the Year Edition or the Hunting and Trading Outfits DLC, then while in West Elizabeth, make sure to skin 5 beavers and hold onto the pelts until you unlock Mexico with normal story mode. If you have those, plus 10 red sage and 20 feathers, once you unlock Mexico, you can immediately go to the point for Deadalus and Son stranger side mission and initially talk to the man, walk a little bit away and go back to him and immediately give him the supplies. This will help you earn the Expert Hunter outfit more quickly. This outfit also requires killing a cougar with a stick of dynamite. After you give the guy the supplies, go do the first de Santa mission which involves protecting a train. Stay on the left side of the train initially and take out the enemies getting ready to throw dynamite or fire bottles at the train before they throw it. If you ride over where their corpses are, you can get dynamite. This unlocks it for purchase and you can use it to finish Expert Hunter earlier. Another thing for Expert Hunter is that it requires harvesting 5000 pounds of meat. When you do random stranger encounters and the bad guys have killed the horses, always skin the horses. They yield a lot of meat.

M4FFU
September 2nd, 2016, 05:15 AM
I've got this on the XBOne and am rather enjoying myself - again. Haven't played a game for ages, and it's typical that an old, non-current gen title is sucking me back in.

It's still beautiful, it's still epic: the lead character is still deep and vast. It's still Top 5 of anything I've played in my life time.

Rare White Ape
September 6th, 2016, 02:41 AM
Hmmmmmmm…

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/06/red-dead-redemption-pc-remaster-rumour/

SkylineObsession
September 6th, 2016, 03:41 AM
If it's a decent remaster like GTA V PS3 > PS4 i'd be keen for another playthrough. Especially if they bought back the same online modes.

Rare White Ape
September 6th, 2016, 04:01 AM
I'd prefer to see an outright sequel, but yeah, the remaster gravy train would continue to roll and publishers would get another coupla million bux for minimal investment. And yes, I'd be another $80 out of pocket.

I already own the friggin game twice on two consoles!

Rare White Ape
September 6th, 2016, 04:43 AM
On that note, here's an incomplete list of games of which I have purchased multiple versions:

Super Mario Bros. (NES, Wii Virtual Console)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1 and PS1 Classics on PS3)
Ocarina of Time (N64, GameCube Collectors Edition, GameCube Master Quest, 3DS)
Majora's Mask (N64, GameCube Collector's Edition)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (N64, PC)
Star Wars: Jedi Academy (GameCube, PC)
Star Wars: Starfighter (PS2, PC)
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (PS2, PS4)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (Original PS2, MGS 2 Substance PS2, HD Legacy Collection PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2, HD Legacy PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3, HD Legacy PS3)
GTA San Andreas (PS2, iOS)
Bioshock (X360, PS3)
Twilight Princess (Wii, Wii U)
GTA IV+TBOGT+TLAD (Xbox 360, PS3)
La Noire (PC, PS3)
Red Dead Redemption (X360, PS3)
Journey (PS3 Collection, PS4 DL)
flOw (PS3 DL, PS3 Collection)
GTA V (PS3, PS4)
Broken Age (iOS, PS4)
The Wolf Among Us (PC, PS3)
Surgeon Simulator (PC, PS4)
Portal (X360, Orange Box X360, PC)

So there you have it. Pretty scary when you look at it like this :random:

21Kid
September 6th, 2016, 09:38 AM
I rarely have time to play through a game one time. :lol:

dodint
September 6th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I'm the king of buying a game and playing it for two hours then never seeing it again.

Yes, you, The Last of US.

21Kid
September 6th, 2016, 11:15 AM
I just finished that one. LOL - 1.5 years later. The end and the adjoining "Left Behind" are very good.

Rare White Ape
September 6th, 2016, 12:39 PM
I rarely have time to play through a game one time. :lol:

Oh. Don't you go thinking that I've finished every one of those games as many times as I have bought them.

21Kid
September 6th, 2016, 01:35 PM
:lol:

SkylineObsession
September 6th, 2016, 10:50 PM
My list isn't as big.
We have the MGS remastered collection, plus all the original games.
GTA V PS3 & PS4
Last of Us PS3 & PS4
Tomb Raider PS3 & PS4

Plus a few others maybe?

KillerB
September 8th, 2016, 12:59 PM
I'm just happy that RDR now runs on the One so I can ditch my 360 once and for all.

JSGeneral
October 17th, 2016, 07:40 AM
Perhaps a new one is on the horizon...

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/788001608827281408

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu-LRSTW8AAszBG.jpg

Rare White Ape
October 17th, 2016, 01:24 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/OrR9ATtSDmd8s/giphy.gif

Alan P
October 17th, 2016, 01:35 PM
PC version please Rock*.

dodint
October 18th, 2016, 06:34 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvDemMjXgAEYJfP.jpg

21Kid
October 18th, 2016, 07:46 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvDTzvUXEAAqQyD.jpg

novicius
October 18th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Jesus' balls. :up: :up:

Phil_SS
October 18th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Fall of 2017 is already looking aces. Destiny 2 and RDR 2.

MR2 Fan
October 18th, 2016, 11:17 AM
but still no PC version :(

Freude am Fahren
October 18th, 2016, 01:10 PM
:lol:

KillerB
October 19th, 2016, 12:43 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/uproxx.com/gaming/red-dead-redemption-2-playable-characters-john-marston/amp/

TheBenior
October 19th, 2016, 01:29 PM
but still no PC version :(

That's because those cheapskates don't have enough money left over to buy enough full price games after buying new graphics cards every other year. :p

But seriously, If GTA V sales are any indication, most interested people will just buy it on a console anyway. GTA V sales by platform (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=grand+theft+auto+v):
PS3: 21.39 million
X360: 16.37 million
PS4: 11.94 million
XOne: 5.06 million
PC: 1.08 million

Kchrpm
October 19th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Eh, I enjoyed a lot of RDR because you weren't playing an asshole criminal. You got to ride around doing stuff that was good or bad, not just do evil or do nothing.

drew
October 19th, 2016, 02:33 PM
I occupy two of those stats.

Keith, but you CAN be an asshole criminal. That's the point. :)

Kchrpm
October 19th, 2016, 04:07 PM
You could also be a good guy. All of the R* open world games not only let you but basically require you to be an asshole criminal (if you want to do anything other than drive a bus/taxi), RDR was the first and only one so far where it gave you random things to do that were positive.

MR2 Fan
October 19th, 2016, 05:26 PM
That's because those cheapskates don't have enough money left over to buy enough full price games after buying new graphics cards every other year. :p

But seriously, If GTA V sales are any indication, most interested people will just buy it on a console anyway. GTA V sales by platform (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=grand+theft+auto+v):

True, but the PC version came out WAAAAY after the others IIRC

TheBenior
October 19th, 2016, 07:17 PM
Yes, and most of people who would've bought it on PC bought it on a console instead.

That, or it simply sold horribly on the PC for unrelated reasons. Even with a simultaneous release, the PC version would likely have sold in lower numbers than the console versions. You can look at Skyrim's sales figures (X360: 8.84 M, PS3: 6.56 M, PC: 3.88 M) for proof of this, in spite of the PC being the best platform for Bethesda open world games. The same holds true for Fallout 4 (PS4: 6.94, XOne: 4.08, PC: 1.22). The publishers get a bigger cut of PC sales prices, but that benefit is reduced by lower average transaction prices and overall sales.

Rare White Ape
October 20th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Watch trailer live here, or is everyone still asleep?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/10/20/red-dead-redemption-2-trailer-pc/

Rare White Ape
October 20th, 2016, 07:06 AM
And this is it.

Shit.

Nintendo gave us three minutes. I'll give this 5/10!

http://youtu.be/gmA6MrX81z4

Kchrpm
October 20th, 2016, 07:10 AM
I watched it on my phone in a lower resolution, all I can tell is the world looks like similar areas but much thicker. What else does it reveal?

Phil_SS
October 20th, 2016, 07:36 AM
Looks great. Honestly, no matter how it looks it will be the story that matters. And what you can do outside of the story.

JSGeneral
October 20th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Looks great. Honestly, no matter how it looks it will be the story that matters. And what you can do outside of the story.

I would like Westworld DLC... where...

If you die... you lose all progress and wake up on the train to start the day all over again.

I'm sorta joking and sorta serious about it.

drew
October 21st, 2016, 08:25 AM
You could also be a good guy. All of the R* open world games not only let you but basically require you to be an asshole criminal (if you want to do anything other than drive a bus/taxi), RDR was the first and only one so far where it gave you random things to do that were positive.

Yep. That's the beauty of it. I prefer to be the asshole criminal. Because that's what I do in games (because I can't run over motherfuckers in the real world).

If GTA would let you throw puppies and nuns into wood chippers, I'd be all over that shit.

The GTA games have always been a release of stress for me. Well, most games, for that matter. I spent quite a bit of my time in Fallout killing everything that moved, friend or foe.

Virtual Asshole, that's me.

21Kid
October 21st, 2016, 09:25 AM
:erm: You scare me Drew.

Kchrpm
October 21st, 2016, 09:38 AM
I'm only scared of virtual Drew. Real world Drew is basically this guy:

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2013-11/enhanced/webdr03/8/12/enhanced-buzz-6609-1383930024-25.jpg

21Kid
October 21st, 2016, 12:39 PM
:lol: Have you met his cat? His cat is crazy!!!

drew
October 24th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Off the walls. Literally.

Alan P
October 25th, 2016, 02:40 PM

While it may be true that the PC version of GTA V sold comparatively poorly compared to console versions, most of the sale price went to the publisher and Rockstar directly rather than half of the purchase price going into MS and Sony's pockets. They certainly made more money from console games for sure, but I don't think they lost money on the PC version, far from it.

lostnight
October 25th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Well well well. Looks like I finally have a great reason to upgrade from the Xbox 360 in 2017. It wil be nice to get out there in multiplayer on my horse without have to worry about an RPG turning us into dog
food.

TheBenior
October 26th, 2016, 12:18 AM
While it may be true that the PC version of GTA V sold comparatively poorly compared to console versions, most of the sale price went to the publisher and Rockstar directly rather than half of the purchase price going into MS and Sony's pockets. They certainly made more money from console games for sure, but I don't think they lost money on the PC version, far from it.

Actually, the bigger profit difference is that there's no physical retailer getting a cut. MS/Sony take 20%, Steam actually takes 30%. The retailer cut of 20% is basically cut in half, but this is often balanced out by lower average transaction prices for PC copies. I don't think Rockstar lost money on the PC port, but it also didn't sell in the kind of numbers that will push PC development to the forefront (particularly when most potential PC buyers will just buy it on a console anyway instead of waiting). With the kind of money that Rockstar spends on games like this (an estimated $265 million in development and marketing), investors want massive returns. ~$800k off of PC sales against a $265M budget isn't exactly going to incentivize PC development unless PC game buyers buy insane amounts of DLC/microtransactions. Seeking big returns is why there hasn't been story DLC for GTA5 the way there was for GTA4. Rockstar has sold in excess of $500 million worth of microtransactions, which are likely far more profitable than story DLC would be.

SkylineObsession
November 1st, 2016, 12:14 AM
Have been labelled a pussy and all sorts of other names for saying this before, but i really hope they bring back the friendly free roam mode that they dropped in GTA 5.

I absolutely hate wandering around in public sessions (where i have every right to be in) but having to keep an eye on the map/my back at all times incase someone has me in their targets next. And on the occasion where you meet someone who doesn't kill you - you still can't trust them. Never ever had that problem in friendly free roam (GTA IV and RDR) as no matter how many times they shoot at you or grenade you, you didn't die.

I'm definitely not alone in wanting this mode back, GTA has gotten way too violent with the current game and they've effectively dropped the non violent modes of the game in favour of adversary, deathmatches and so on. Obviously stunt races are a step in the right direction, but then it went backwards again with the MC addon where most of the activities/businesses etc are crime related.

Where have the casino games gone. Taxi driver? Fire truck/police/ambulance driver (unless they are in the game and i haven't noticed?)? And so on.

RDR2 will automatically not be as good as RDR1 if this mode doesn't return, and like GTAV i won't spend anywhere near as much time online as i did in IV and RDR1.

Money talks, and at the moment they are making a killing by attracting people who like killing - and they spend the money (probably from their parents credit cards) to get the gear.

Rejection exists in many forms, this is Rockstars version.

Rare White Ape
December 13th, 2016, 01:01 AM
I finally tried out RDR's backwards compatibility on Xbox One.

It's the first X360 game disc I've put in the slot. Add it as another chapter in the Ye olde Xbone is a difficult piece of shit to use story. Why can't is just play off the disc, rather than having to download the entire thing?

But maaaaaan. After a half-hour playing it, I could easily find myself sucked into that world again. The urge to replay it is strong.

SkylineObsession
December 13th, 2016, 01:25 AM
Yeah i'm scared to go back, as have too many other games to play that i haven't already finished.

Rare White Ape
May 23rd, 2017, 03:07 AM
Some delicious screenshots for RDR 2 were released today, along with the announcement that the game will be delayed a few months until this time next year. This is perfectly fine, because you know Rockstar will do a bang-up job with this title.

Screenies here: http://press-start.com.au/news/playstation/2017/05/23/heres-bunch-epic-new-red-dead-redemption-2-screenshots/

http://cdn-press-start.scadigital.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/RDR2_Screenshot-003.jpg

Jason
May 23rd, 2017, 02:58 PM
That looks downright amazing. I don't really have an interest in western stuff... but damn.

SkylineObsession
August 30th, 2017, 09:40 PM
https://i.redd.it/t5v6ichj2wiz.jpg

novicius
August 31st, 2017, 03:24 AM
Truth! :lol:

Rare White Ape
September 28th, 2017, 05:43 PM
NEW TRAILER YAYYYYYYYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F63h3v9QV7w

What is known:
You're part of the Van der Linde gang
It's a prequel
Still for release in Q2 next year

What is maybe known:
Arch antagonist from the first game Bill Williamson may be returning
The map may be set slightly to the north-east of the original map, overlapping with West Elizabeth and still featuring the city Blackwater but expanding out towards the game's analogue of New Orleans

SkylineObsession
September 28th, 2017, 06:33 PM
EGM say that that young kid the protagonist is talking to (about the grieving mother etc) could be a young John Marston.... They reckon this is set about a decade or so earlier than the first game.

:?

Kchrpm
September 28th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Your character doesn't seem like a person seeking redemption in this one.

Jason
September 29th, 2017, 05:03 AM
So in the online mode, will there be flying horses that can drop 20 explosive rounds on you, over and over, for the griefers to use?

Rare White Ape
September 29th, 2017, 06:31 AM
EGM say that that young kid the protagonist is talking to (about the grieving mother etc) could be a young John Marston.... They reckon this is set about a decade or so earlier than the first game.

:?

Nah, John Marston was an orphan. His mother was a hooker who died in childbirth and his father died while young John was still a child. The kid in that photo looks like he comes from a family who had its shit together.

SkylineObsession
September 29th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Bugger. Well, hopefully he appears somewhere else.

Rare White Ape
February 1st, 2018, 02:28 PM
Release date announced.

October 26th.

https://press-start.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/49c7d29293f89dfef95969fde62f5c27e7cc780c.jpg

https://press-start.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/6cff08109cc9096e816240f6b154f725f4fd17de.jpg

MR2 Fan
February 1st, 2018, 03:22 PM
"Is this real life?"

novicius
February 1st, 2018, 07:57 PM
8=====D

Phil_SS
February 2nd, 2018, 04:42 AM
I didn't play the first one but this looks amazeballs.

dodint
February 2nd, 2018, 11:29 AM
There will come a day when the graphics are so good and my vision is so deteriorated that I won't be able to tell renders from real life anymore. ;)

Rare White Ape
February 2nd, 2018, 03:41 PM
Phil you should definitely definitely check it out. The best way to play it right now is on Xbox One if you’ve got the hardware and a copy of the original game, which could probably be found quite cheaply. To my mind it’s the best game to come out of that generation and is absolutely worth your time.

I’m cautiously looking forward to the sequel, though. I just hope that Rockstar doesn’t take the piss with multiplayer monetisation to the detriment of the singleplayer experience.

speedpimp
February 2nd, 2018, 04:03 PM
"Is this real life?"

No, it's Memorex.

SkylineObsession
February 2nd, 2018, 09:22 PM
Agreed, definitely play the first one. One of the best storylines/acting i've seen in a videogame, up there/better than The Last Of Us and Uncharted.

Alan P
February 4th, 2018, 04:08 PM
It's a Rockstar game. They said October 26th, but neglected to tell you it's October 26th 2019.

Rare White Ape
February 6th, 2018, 01:46 AM
Leek watch/rumour mill:

RDR 2 will have a first-person mode, a-la GTA V on current consoles, and a multiplayer battle royale mode, a-la H1Z1: King of the Kill.

Jason
April 11th, 2018, 06:12 AM
RDR has been updated to support 4k on the Xbox One X.

Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyoUtEmzCl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyoUtEmzCl4

JSGeneral
May 2nd, 2018, 09:27 AM
New Trailer. This one is more story based and I see a familiar face!

https://youtu.be/eaW0tYpxyp0

Rare White Ape
May 2nd, 2018, 12:42 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZhDp8UXUG4MlPO00AjMEwXpZZZ6H9n Xot1creGWSSyjGUAFvxrPqckyRr