PDA

View Full Version : The latest from the "Cars the US Won't Get" file: Focus ST Diesel

Random
June 30th, 2014, 01:17 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/29/ford-focus-st-diesel-goodwood-poll-official/

Would make a great competitor to the Golf GTD, which we probably also won't get. Fuckers. :mad:

Godson
June 30th, 2014, 01:18 PM
A "great competitor" for a car we likely won't get would still make it a competitor? :D

Leon
June 30th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Focus STD, he he.

TheBenior
June 30th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Yeah, that's what I need. A hot hatch that would struggle to out drag my Miata and take years to make financial sense over the actually quick gasoline ST.

Random
June 30th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Conversely, the Miata will struggle to carry 5 people and luggage. ;)

Kchrpm
July 1st, 2014, 04:21 AM
Odd that they would aim so low on the output/performance, it's like they're just going straight for the GTD.

Blerpa
July 1st, 2014, 09:59 AM
Yeah, that's what I need. A hot hatch that would struggle to out drag my Miata and take years to make financial sense over the actually quick gasoline ST.

In Europe, unless you are grandma and only move in town, a diesel always make more financial sense than gasoline sporty hatchboxes.

Ali
July 9th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Focus STD, he he.

Until recently, they were termed STI (sexually transmitted infection) in the UK. Great fun for Subaru owners!

I know Europe is diesel obsessed but for anyone looking at one, I'd strongly, strongly encourage you to get the petrol. Focus ST is an absolute hoot and with the additional Mountune package, is a bit of an animal!

Random
July 9th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Fortunately we do get teh ST. By all accounts it's a heck of a car, particularly for the money.

The annual rumors that we're going to get the RS have started, as well. Ha.

KillerB
July 9th, 2014, 12:36 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that by now. But that isn't the case in the US and that's what he was commenting on.

Blerpa
July 12th, 2014, 08:20 AM
I know Europe is diesel obsessed but for anyone looking at one, I'd strongly, strongly encourage you to get the petrol.

Obsessed = better fuel economy for cheaper fuel rates (In Europe). I call that being reasonable and savy. So, in Europe, I strongly encourage you to get the diesel version.
Unless you are an obsessed (ha!) pistonhead, a kid with rich parents or one of those trashy chavs in tacky BMWs. Then by all means get the petrol, you are probably out already of the demographics of normal people with a job, a family with more serious expenses and, possibly, more wisdom.