PDA

View Full Version : I am kinda numb

SupraDupra
August 15th, 2014, 04:40 PM
I used to be around a lot. And, when life got in the way...I wasn't around much.

For some reason, I thought about you guys today and searched you out. Once here, I saw a bunch of names that made me feel good. I was remembering all the good times from years gone by. Long story short, when I saw BrianJ wasn't registered, I started looking.....I don't mean to bring up the bad stuff...but, wow! I read it. I read it again. I read it again...It really makes me sad. That was a good dude.

He and I got together when he made his way out to San Diego, many years ago. Hell, we played some GT at my house. Later we traded beer paraphernalia via snail mail. I've got my Moose Drool shirt packed away somewhere.

As some of you may know, my wife died when she was 33 (Fortunately, she lives on thru our two boys.) And, my best friend (perfectly healthy) died from a dog bite when he was 35. All way too young.

Fuck me. Life sucks.

RIP BrianJ. I will tip a glass of some good SD brew to you this evening. /cheerstofrysauce

-Chris

FaultyMario
August 15th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Never met Brain, but I miss him too.

I drink to his snobbish beer memory.

Godson
August 15th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news about the fam.

Yw-slayer
August 15th, 2014, 07:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear about it too, dude. We will always remember the members of our community and their families.

Rare White Ape
August 16th, 2014, 02:48 AM
I didn't know BrianJ all that well and it still stopped me in my tracks when he died.

I do remember him being sharp of wit, which is always a big thing for me, for I do like funny cunts.

George
August 16th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Welcome back SD.

I think of Brian every time I make fry sauce.

overpowered
August 16th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Welcome back.

speedpimp
August 16th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Welcome back.

SupraDupra
August 18th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Thanks guys!

Tom Servo
August 19th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Welcome back, feels like it's been forever!

SupraDupra
August 19th, 2014, 09:10 AM
It has! In fact, in-line with "it's been forever!", in my quest to remember things, I found my old diary on GTBN, I wrote about meeting you, BrianJ, Ol Pete and...lostnight? at Shakespeare's in JANUARY OF 2000! Wow!

Fogelhund
August 19th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Sorry to hear about the way things have gone for you, there no doubt must have been some tough times. Hopefully you are doing a great job raising your kids, and that in itself is incredibly rewarding. Welcome back.

Tom Servo
August 19th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I think we even had a picture from that night with BrianJ in the parking lot behind Shakespeare's Pub...no idea what happened to it :/

21Kid
August 19th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Welcome back... I have to admit, I misread the title as "I am kinda dumb"

SupraDupra
August 19th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Welcome back... I have to admit, I misread the title as "I am kinda dumb"

TY... also applicable.

SupraDupra
August 19th, 2014, 01:51 PM
I think we even had a picture from that night with BrianJ in the parking lot behind Shakespeare's Pub...no idea what happened to it :/

Huh...that does sound familiar. At least, the being in the picture part.... I'll look in my secret stash of classified photos.

Sorry to hear about the way things have gone for you, there no doubt must have been some tough times. Hopefully you are doing a great job raising your kids, and that in itself is incredibly rewarding. Welcome back.

Thanks. It may be tough at times. But, since I don't have a choice, I don't stress about it. Just gotta do it! And, it is rewarding raising them. One looks like her. The other acts like her. So, I have her memory truly living in our house.