PDA

View Full Version : Los Thread Oficiales de Taco Bell

Random
August 19th, 2014, 11:00 AM
(With apologies to faulty for mangling his language--and his cuisine. Ahem.)

Steak Quesarito -- A+, would buy again. Bring a spare napkin or two, though.

Fritos Burrito -- D, would not bother. Less than crunchy and more than salty. Oddly flavo(u)rless despite all the salt.

speedpimp
August 19th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Their breakfast burrito is pretty decent. Arby's still has THE BEST breakfast burrito(I refuse to call it a "wrap") going.

SupraDupra
August 19th, 2014, 11:59 AM
No quiero Taco Hell. -- F-, neva, eva, EVA again.

thesameguy
August 19th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Interesting... I was not all that impressed with the quesarito. It wasn't bad or anything, but not good enough to warrant a second purchase. Definitely glad to get the warning on the Fritos burrito - because I was going to give that a try tomorrow. :lol:

I still really like the the cool ranch tacos, but the shells are so fragile they're too much of a pain in the ass for me to normally get - I generally only hit up TB when I'm in the car and starving. ;)

Random
August 19th, 2014, 12:56 PM
The steak quesarito >> beef quesarito, FWIW.

SupraDupra
August 22nd, 2014, 12:59 PM
Appropriate for this thread....I stand by my original statement tho.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/i-ate-taco-bells-entire-new-dollar-menu-one-sitting-and-heres-what-i-learned-159645

thesameguy
August 22nd, 2014, 01:08 PM
That guy is obviously a pathetic amateur. Getting full after two items? Eating things out of obvious order? I could easily demolish the whole menu and not feel bad afterwards. I appreciate the effort, but the article is like reading a Consumer Reports car review.

Drachen596
August 22nd, 2014, 06:48 PM
i'm with TSG.. everyone knows crunchy foods get eaten first.

and then for this person to not check the bag to be sure everything is there before leaving the store? noob. i do it even at places i've never had an issue with missing items.

FaultyMario
August 23rd, 2014, 05:26 AM
Wife does enough mangling of our cuisine already... The motif of language on the contrary, my dear sir...

George
May 19th, 2015, 02:41 PM
A search revealed we have not one but two Taco Bell threads. As this is Los Thread Oficiales, I figured I'd better toe the line and post in here, rather than risking a post in a non-sanctioned rogue thread.

Let me preface this by saying I went to the eye doctor two weeks ago. I know I have 20/20 vision with my glasses or prescription sunglasses on. Maybe some of you Taco Bell regulars knows what's coming from me mentioning eyesight, at least if all their drive-through menu boards are the same these days.

Now, I haven't been to a Taco Bell in ages, and that suits me fine, but this morning I left my lunch on the washing machine near the door to the garage. I thought I could hold out, but about 3:30 this afternoon my hongries got the better of me, so I dashed out to grab something quickly. I reluctantly headed over to the local fast food row, and to my amazement, there were NO cars in line at Taco Bell. During the lunch hour, there are usually so many cars in line that it's hard to get in and out of the parking lot, so it's an easy place for me never to visit. I figured this was my chance for some once-per-year TB gluttony, followed by much regret.

No dice. I couldn't read the menu! Oh, sure, I could see that a Combo #1 costs $X.XX, but from the tiny pictures and microscopic text, I couldn't tell what a Combo #1 was, or any of the other things. The text on the a la carte section was just as tiny. All I could read clearly was whatever GIANT SIZE FONT NEW THING they're pitching this week. I think it had something to do with breakfast, but I couldn't say for sure. They also had some things I had never even heard of. I think they just make up new nonsense names that sound remotely Spanish when they figure out a new way to re-package the same old ingredients that they use in everything else.

Yes, I could have gone inside, but I didn't have time for that when there were several other restaurants nearby with legible drive-through menus. Besides, I was a little pissed off and really hongry by this time, so I figured I'd probably get in an old-man-style discussion with the cashier about why they don't use larger text on their drive-through menu. Nope, that's not worth my time or effort.

But I gotta ask, like Abe Simpson yelling at clouds, why bother having a drive-through in the first place if people with 20/20 vision cannot read it from microphone where orders are placed? :smh:

MR2 Fan
May 19th, 2015, 02:48 PM
I want to try Taco Bell when I go to Japan, going with a mexican friend who hates taco bell, so that's most of the reason

speedpimp
May 19th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Tried TB's Diablo Sauce. Not too bad.

George
May 20th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Is that like Fire sauce? I remember back when I used to travel on business sometimes I'd make a run for the border and ask for Fire sauce and get Mild instead.

"No, I want Fire sauce, please. FI-YER. Fuego. Extra hot. FI-YER, please."

"Yes sir, here's your Mild sauce."

I never understood it. They always (well, sometimes) mis-heard me.

I bet TB no longer uses "make a run for the border" in their ads. Seems like that has some different meanings now.

thesameguy
May 20th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Diablo is different from Lava is different from Fire. :D

George
May 20th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Lava, eh? Sounds pretty hot. :lol:

I'll have to bring my binoculars so I can order something from the TB drive-through menu one of these days and try these new sauces with the tempting names.

thesameguy
May 20th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Lava sauce goes on the Volcano products - but I've heard that you can actually ask for it on anything.

Hey, here you go:

http://hackthemenu.com/taco-bell/secret-menu/lava-anything/

George
May 20th, 2015, 10:05 AM
That's pretty handy! Okay, so I'm getting my order ready...

*unintelligible crackle of static from speaker*

I'll have one Superman, one Incredible Hulk, a Waffle Taco with Lava sauce, and, oh yeah...a Diet Coke, please. :up:

*drives around building to receive 5-pound sack of food and tub o' cola*

May I have some Fire sauce, please?

*opens bag five miles away and discovers Mild sauce instead of Fire* :angry:

21Kid
May 28th, 2015, 01:40 PM
:lol:

Taco Bell and Pizza Hut removing artificial ingredients, pledge to use real food

thesameguy
May 28th, 2015, 01:57 PM
I don't see what the value of that would be. If I wanted real food, I would go to a real food place. :down:

harper
May 28th, 2015, 05:45 PM
I want to try Taco Bell when I go to Japan, going with a mexican friend who hates taco bell, so that's most of the reason

Spoiler alert: it's a nice-looking Taco Bell restaurant with a massive line (because it's the only one open to the public* in Japan) and probably the most expensive T-Bell on the planet. It's T-Bell food at Shibuya prices.

*there may be Bells on bases in Japan but you need an employee or military member to get you in.

21Kid
May 29th, 2015, 08:14 AM
I don't see what the value of that would be. If I wanted real food, I would go to a real food place. :down:

Just like if you wanted real "Mexican" food?

thesameguy
May 29th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Exactly. Lots of great Mexican food places. The Bell ain't one of them. It's still delicious, and quite possibly on the menu for today. YEAH!

Drachen596
May 29th, 2015, 04:48 PM
oddly.. i know a woman who is Mexican (her parents moved here from there) who makes killer Mexican food.

her son refuses to eat it. in fact he wont eat ANY Mexican food unless its Taco Bell.

thesameguy
June 30th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Diablo Sauce is mighty tasty. Possibly the best Taco Bell sauce ever.

21Kid
July 1st, 2015, 07:35 AM
I liked the smokey fire sauce, or whatever it used to be called, when they had it.

thesameguy
August 13th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Ghost pepper burrito. Very interesting.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/this-week-in-taco-bell-taco-bells-new-dare-devil-loaded-grillers-are-a-perfect-taco-bell-thing

speedpimp
August 13th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Looks promising. Hopefully the execution is better than Wendy's Ghost Pepper Fries.

thesameguy
August 13th, 2015, 06:29 PM
It is pretty damned spicy, not going to lie. Not melt-your-face spicy, but definitely pushing the envelope for chain restaurant food.

Drachen596
August 13th, 2015, 07:06 PM
do they have the daredevil loaded grillers out there? three heat levels, chipolte, habanero and ghost pepper.

thesameguy
August 13th, 2015, 08:03 PM
That's what we're talking about. :)

speedpimp
August 14th, 2015, 03:27 PM
You have to forgive him. He's had repeated exposure to stupid people.

thesameguy
August 14th, 2015, 03:41 PM
It does get into the pores...

Drachen596
August 14th, 2015, 04:45 PM
i didn't click the link and my brain only registered the burrito part and didn't consider it could be the loaded griller things. its been a long few weeks at work, should probably get a few grillers..

George
August 15th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Earlier today, while out running Saturday afternoon errands, I had one Habanero and one Ghost Pepper griller. I ate the Habanero first and thought it was the hottest fast food thing I had probably ever tasted. It was pretty good, in a Taco Bell sort of way. There are probably no actual peppers in these things but whatever chemical company is shipping that flavor in 55 gallon drums from New Jersey is doing an acceptable job. The Ghost Pepper seemed tame by comparison - still hot, and an okay junk food thing to eat, but not as spicy as the Habanero one, in my opinion.

Not bad, for Taco Bell.

Drachen596
August 16th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Got one of each tonight. Ghost pepper was the hottest for me. Wonder how evenly spreas out the sauces get in the wrap/grillers

Kchrpm
August 17th, 2015, 07:10 AM
I wish there was a combination KFC/Taco Bell near me, to replace the KFC that left.

Drachen596
August 17th, 2015, 11:43 AM
They have KFC/Tacobells?

There is a Long John Silvers Taco Bell here. I actuallu hate it for ordering convenience reasons. The meals have letters to show Tb or LJS with them and identical numbers.

Kchrpm
August 17th, 2015, 12:34 PM
There are KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Huts.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/37/46/27/kfc-taco-bell.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/58028321.jpg

But they each have their own open hours. So you can go into one at night and order from Taco Bell, but not KFC or Pizza Hut. I know this because I walked into a KFC/TB, excited to get some delicious chicken, and walked out with nothing.

thesameguy
August 17th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Earlier today, while out running Saturday afternoon errands, I had one Habanero and one Ghost Pepper griller. I ate the Habanero first and thought it was the hottest fast food thing I had probably ever tasted. It was pretty good, in a Taco Bell sort of way. There are probably no actual peppers in these things but whatever chemical company is shipping that flavor in 55 gallon drums from New Jersey is doing an acceptable job. The Ghost Pepper seemed tame by comparison - still hot, and an okay junk food thing to eat, but not as spicy as the Habanero one, in my opinion.

Not bad, for Taco Bell.

Okay, I was confused when you posted this because a ghost pepper is supposedly MUCH hotter than a habanero, but who knows when it comes to fast food. Today I ordered both the ghost pepper and the habanero, and the latter barely registers on my hot-o-meter. It's good, would order again, but it's not hot.

Is it possible they wrapped yours wrong? Go back and try again so we can know.

George
August 17th, 2015, 01:08 PM
I would think it's impossible for fast-food workers making $15.00 an hour to wrap a $1.00 item incorrectly.

But I wondered the same thing. If I go back before they discontinue these things I'll do another taste test. They were pretty tasty, I must admit.

And I'll add this - Someone dumped a mountain of Cholula hot sauce packets in the lunchroom at work a while back. I tossed a handful in my desk drawer and have been putting it on sandwiches I bring from home. A couple days ago I found a packet of TB Diablo sauce and put that on one of my boringly same sammiches and thought, WOW, that is hotter than the Cholula. I wasn't gasping for air or sweating profusely or anything, but the Diablo was hotter, for sure.

thesameguy
August 17th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Diablo sauce was amazing, and I am mad they discontinued it so quickly. Screw Fire sauce, Diablo is where it's at FOR SURE.

speedpimp
August 17th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Drach, there is also a combo KFC/LJS in Columbia City.

Dicknose
August 26th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Ok you bastards, I'm trying Taco Bell.
Hopefully I don't order "death by hot sauce"
If I never post again, then American fast food has won.

Dicknose
August 26th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Steak Quesarito was pretty good.
Except the cheese, must remember to avoid anything with American cheese, it tastes like larks vomit.

thesameguy
August 26th, 2015, 11:44 AM
That isn't American cheese. It's cheese product. A cheese-like substance mimicking the texture and taste of cheese without the annoying maintenance and handling requirements of actual cheese. It comes in bags FFS.

speedpimp
August 26th, 2015, 05:52 PM
My cousin gave me a Trinidad Chocolate pepper from this garden. He said "don't eat the whole thing at once", and being the person of sound body and mind that you all have known me to be over the past decade and a half, I ate the entire thing at one time. Word of caution, never eat a really hot pepper after eating a lot of cheese. That was some serious stomach pain. FFS.

George
August 27th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Speaking of stomach pain, here's a Pro Tip: if a lady from Nepal brings homemade chicken curry to work, do not go back for thirds.

thesameguy
August 28th, 2015, 10:31 AM
That's one approach, but you may find "more bread" also works!

However, you're still going to want to shift that third helping towards the end of the day, so you don't have to be the one blowing up the office loo.

George
August 28th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Yeah, it gives "smokin' in the boys room" a whole new meaning. :eek:

thesameguy
August 28th, 2015, 03:35 PM
"Burning ring of fire."

SportWagon
September 3rd, 2015, 01:07 PM
Speaking of KFC...

http://hotrodsandjalopies.blogspot.ca/2015/08/dintys-gord-crompton-and-rest-of-story.html

thesameguy
July 6th, 2016, 02:23 PM
DIABLO SAUCE IS BACK BITCHES!!!!!

KillerB
July 6th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Yep, it's been at my local Taco Bell for months... Though I love quite close to the HQ in Irvine and so some of the local stores get things other places don't.

Drachen596
July 6th, 2016, 09:47 PM
Got it back here in May...

21Kid
July 7th, 2016, 06:56 AM
There's finally a Taco Bell within walking distance of my house. :o

I haven't been to one in over a year.

drew
July 7th, 2016, 07:02 AM
You need to sort that shit out, NOW

21Kid
July 7th, 2016, 07:11 AM
There are so many good real Mexican places around me though. I haven't really felt the need. You lived here. You know.

drew
July 7th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Communist.

21Kid
July 7th, 2016, 09:21 AM
:lol:

21Kid
August 17th, 2016, 10:23 AM
http://americanupbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/img.jpg
:devil:

Does the restaurant chain have the number of the beast hidden in its corporate logo? The bell’s clapper forms the first six. The bell’s inner mouth forms the second ‘6’ while its outer lip forms the final ‘6’.
:lol: That's quite a stretch of the imagination.

21Kid
August 22nd, 2016, 06:38 AM

George
January 22nd, 2018, 03:26 PM
Fans hold candlelight vigil for Taco Bell destroyed in fire (http://www.wsfa.com/story/37317956/fans-hold-candlelight-vigil-for-taco-bell-destroyed-in-fire)

George
June 25th, 2018, 12:35 PM
I shouldn't be surprised that common sense died a long time ago, but sometimes I still am.

I went to Taco Bell this weekend for lunch while running errands around town. I was the only car in the drive-through, which was a big reason why I chose the place. Typically I'll keep driving if I see four or five or more cars already lined up.

The famous Yogi Berra quote could be easily said of the metro area where I live: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Anyway, I ordered one of the combos with a soft drink. When I arrived at the payment/pickup window - but not when I was asked for my order - I was told their ice machine was broken. No problem, I said. I'd still like the food I ordered, but please deduct the cost of the drink. I don't want a warm drink with no ice.

"You can't do that with a combo", I was told. Not she couldn't do it, but I couldn't do it, as if I was trying to pull some kind of a scam. She said she'd have to ring up all the food separately, which would cost more, she told me.

"I'm not paying for a drink when I'm not getting a drink."

"You can have a drink!", she replied.

"Yes, but I don't want a warm drink with no ice. How 'bout you take off a dollar or two and we call it good?"

Nope. The computer says she had to collect $X, and she wasn't about to come up short on her register.

Sigh...

Needless to say, they didn't get my money and I didn't my sack of grub, which was probably for the best.

Crazed_Insanity
June 25th, 2018, 01:38 PM
At least they didn't take your money 1st and then tell you they have no ice or no tacos... ;)

To be fair, minimum wage cashiers probably just can't help you. Should ask to speak with store manager or CEO in order to give authorization to break a combo! :p

I've ordered a large Coke at a McDonald's once... they gave me the cup... and I had to walk to the soda fountain to find out Coke was out of order. Luckily I found the store manager who was able to quickly give me a refund. Otherwise I'm sure other cashiers would've stare at me thinking... 'no my problem! Drink something else!'

These mega fast food chains' just not set up to handle the unexpected well. It's also not really their job to care. You can walk away and Taco Bell ended up making 0 dollars off of you and they wouldn't care. Not their problemo.

George
June 25th, 2018, 01:58 PM
Oh, I agree. And I wasn't surprised by this exchange, but it was just another eye-rolling moment somewhere between "kids these days!" and "those damn computer-cash registers!"

I think cash registers in those places don't even have dollars and cents amounts but rather names of what's being ordered. Didn't collect enough money and credit cards to cover everything you punched in? You owe money at the end of your shift.

I did wonder (to myself) where the manager was, especially with a young person in the window with a broken ice machine, but having been a restaurant manager myself in days gone by, I assumed at that very moment he was in the office in the back on the phone, trying to get someone to come out on a Sunday afternoon to fix the ice machine, followed probably by a fast trip to the nearby grocery store to buy as many bags of ice as would fit in the trunk of his car.

speedpimp
June 25th, 2018, 02:26 PM
KFC launched their Pickle Chicken today.

2ndMoparMan
June 25th, 2018, 05:40 PM
Anything with pickles is nasty. The end.

speedpimp
June 26th, 2018, 11:50 AM
I. DON'T. EVEN. KNOW. YOU.

George
June 26th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Aww. You guys need to have a drink and make up.

May I suggest a Pickle Juice Slush from Sonic (https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/03/16/pickle-juice-slushes-real-sonic-sell-them-summer/432873002/)?

Love the pickle flavor? Sonic will let customers add a squirt of the pickle syrup to any menu item, Food and Wine reports.

Go ahead, order a pickle sundae with a side of pickled tots.

speedpimp
June 26th, 2018, 02:20 PM
No thanks on the PJ slushie. Drinking the juice from the jar is one thing. Slushies are meant to be sweet.

2ndMoparMan
June 26th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Fucking pickles and mustard. Nastiest things ever.

Crazed_Insanity
June 26th, 2018, 05:01 PM
I don't even understand what is pickled fried chicken. Pickled flavored batter or they literally pickled the chicken and then fry it or pickled flavored frying oil...

Anyway, I have no issues with pickled things but fried chicken option of any of the above kind don't sound very appetizing...

speedpimp
June 27th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Fucking pickles and mustard. Nastiest things ever.

I bet you LOVE ketchup, don't you? Wouldn't be surprised at all.

Seasoning added to the batter, Billi/y/e.

Crazed_Insanity
June 27th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Interesting concept. Doesn't sound particularly appetizing nor disgusting to me... may give it a try if I feel adventurous.

Anyway, enough derailing this thread. Yo quiero taco bell! Maybe they'll someday come up with picko taco.

George
June 27th, 2018, 11:59 AM
You knew this was coming, right? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZ_fakwSwc

dodint
June 27th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Nobody? Matt LeBlanc does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_vssdys8lk

speedpimp
June 27th, 2018, 12:35 PM
Fuck Joey.

2ndMoparMan
June 27th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Ketchup sucks too.

speedpimp
June 30th, 2018, 03:57 PM
At least you're somewhat human.

dodint
June 30th, 2018, 09:07 PM
Dafuq.

2ndMoparMan
July 1st, 2018, 03:18 PM
bbq sauce or mayo. That's it for me.

speedpimp
July 2nd, 2018, 01:21 PM
Totally redeemed yourself.

George
July 2nd, 2018, 03:37 PM
I'll take Sriracha sauce to block.

speedpimp
July 3rd, 2018, 11:08 AM
Can't go wrong with "cock sauce".

George
September 12th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Important Taco Bell News!

The popular fast food joint was named America's best Mexican restaurant... (https://www.chron.com/food/article/Taco-Bell-best-Mexican-restaurant-Harris-Poll-13221812.php)

My, what a weighty news article. :lol:

Alan P
September 12th, 2018, 02:23 PM
Apparently we may be getting a Taco Bell in Edinburgh soon. I'm unsure if this is good news or not, but they did win the Franchise war so that can't be bad.

Crazed_Insanity
September 12th, 2018, 05:19 PM
Yo no creo Taco Bell!

Drachen596
September 13th, 2018, 04:30 AM
Important Taco Bell News!

The popular fast food joint was named America's best Mexican restaurant... (https://www.chron.com/food/article/Taco-Bell-best-Mexican-restaurant-Harris-Poll-13221812.php)

My, what a weighty news article. :lol:

A woman I used to work with was Mexican and made the best homemade stuff.
Her son would only eat Taco Bell. Hated the homemade stuff.

Also one of the Taco Bells here is also a Long John Silvers. Its the sketchiest of all of the Taco Bells in town.

speedpimp
September 14th, 2018, 11:58 AM
The combination KFC/LJS in Columbia City is my favorite combo.