PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Seeks American Driver for LMP1 Effort

Fogelhund
September 18th, 2014, 05:21 PM
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/nissan-seeks-american-driver-for-lmp1-effort/

Home / Le Mans / FIA WEC / Nissan Seeks American Driver for LMP1 Effort
Nissan Seeks American Driver for LMP1 Effort
By News Release

Nissan will begin the search for an American star to join its new LMP1 Le Mans 24 Hour and FIA World Endurance Championship team, giving a former gamer the opportunity to graduate to the highest levels of the sport.

Nissan’s GT Academy competition is already renowned as one of the most innovative driver development programs in history.

During the past six years, GT Academy has had more than five million entrants via PlayStation, more than one billion virtual miles have been driven in Nissans on Gran Turismo, and the program’s television packages have been seen by more than 120 million people across the globe.

Former US GT Academy winners Bryan Heitkotter (2011), Steve Doherty (2012) and Nick McMillen (2013) plus a number of other past American finalists will be given the chance to impress the new Nissan LMP1 team’s bosses.

----------------

Good Luck Bryan.

Crazed_Insanity
September 18th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Oh yeah! You go Bryan!

The359
September 18th, 2014, 06:24 PM
This had better happen, it'd be such a turn around from Nissan's efforts so far.

Also, interesting that the LMP1 team will have a base in the US, especially in Indianapolis. Dallara involvement maybe?

tigeraid
September 19th, 2014, 08:04 AM
This would be epic. Pulling for ya Bryan!

Freude am Fahren
September 19th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Indy? I thought they said in the south somewhere?

Anyway, GOOD LUCK BRYAN!

The359
September 19th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Autosport reports the Nissan US base is at Forsythe's former facility on the east side of Indy, not far from the IMS. My family and I drive past there every year for Indy.

Kchrpm
September 19th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Based in Indy, testing in the south, is how I read it.

samoht
September 20th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Well, lets just hope they make the right decision :-) I feel like endurance racing would play especially well to Bryan's strengths.