PDA

View Full Version : New Ride!

sandydandy
October 2nd, 2014, 02:43 PM
Got a new car! A 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Limited. (Pics below). Got a very sweet deal on it from a connection through a friend, whose uncle works with the owners of a Hyundai dealership, along with other dealerships in the vicinity. Honda, Toyota, Acura, Lexus, and Porsche. One family owns them all. I was able to get it at a deeply discounted price, most likely near cost, (I didn't ask, I should).

Was dealing with a regular Hyundai dealer at first, but then by chance my friend mentioned his uncle, so I gave him a call. Hyundai Canada was already offering a substantial discount with their recent sale, trying to clear out the 2014 models, but with this guy I got that discount, plus another $2,500 off. Worked out great!

Some of you know, and have seen, that I have a 2004 Honda Accord. I remember I posted pics of it back at the old GTX when I first bought it. I haven't bought another car since then. Ten years of driving the same car...makes you feel like a zombie. Been watching everyone around me buy new, more modern cars, with all of today's amazing technology, for ten years...and now finally it's my turn.

I'll be keeping the Accord for a while. Was considering trading it in but was being offered a shitty $300 for it. Apparently they were going to send it straight to the scrapyard. It's only ten years old, but they said they wouldn't attempt to resell it, just scrap it, for which the government would cut them a check for $300. Made no sense to me, so I said fuck that, I'm keeping it. Did a little research on a Canadian blackbook site and the car is worth around $7,000, even with the high mileage, (243,000 kms/151,000 mi), so obviously it's worth hanging on to. Just gotta fix up some nagging problems, then maybe put it on Craigslist or Kijiji. I'm sure I could get between $5-6K for it.

Anyway, the new car...drives like a dream. I used to thumb my nose at Hyundai but the brand has grown by leaps and bounds in the last ten years. This car is more proof of that fact, as is their entire fleet.

The Santa Fe has every toy I could ever want. I can't even get into it right now, as I still don't know how to operate most of them. The engine is a four cylinder 2.0L turbo, which really kicks in at 2,500 RPM. I'm generally not a fast driver anymore, but I do appreciate the added oomph. The old Honda has lost a lot of that.

So I have to say I'm happy. Feeling rejuvenated in a way. Only drawback was I couldn't get the colours I really wanted, (Cabo Bronze and Titanium Silver), so had to settle for Moonstone Silver, which looked bland on their website, but GREAT in in person. Other drawback...it's mostly the wife's car. :(

I'll get my fair share of pimpin--err, driving, in...I'm sure. :cool:

thesameguy
October 3rd, 2014, 10:10 AM
A friend of mine has that exact same car. It's quite nice and has treated him well for the last year!

sandydandy
October 5th, 2014, 09:45 AM
That's great to hear. I hope the same for mine. I want to treat it well too, ie. keep up with the maintenance schedule and absolutely keep it clean inside.

speedpimp
October 5th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Seems like a good birthday present.

sandydandy
October 5th, 2014, 11:11 AM
It most definitely is!

George
October 13th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Hey, congrats!

And have a laugh at my expense: I clicked on this pic and my eyes went to the speedometer and I thought, "Good grief, what is that car with a 200 MPH speedometer?!" :eek:

Then I remembered and saw that you're in Canada. :lol:

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=857&d=1412286156

sandydandy
October 13th, 2014, 04:10 PM
LOL thanks. Yeah that's my Accord...I let the wife enjoy the privilege of driving the new car home from the dealership, while I followed behind. I have taken the old Honda to 200 km/h, and beyond.