PDA

View Full Version : Look who's going to Autocross Dubai... because alien aka "Who da man? CudaMan!"

Pages : [1] 2 3

FaultyMario
January 11th, 2014, 08:08 AM
keeping my fingers crossed. (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112085)

Random
January 16th, 2014, 03:53 PM
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/exclusive-nissan-planning-mid-season-entry-for-gtd-spec-gt-r/ :)

Freude am Fahren
January 16th, 2014, 04:21 PM
:up: x10^bazillion.

Yw-slayer
January 16th, 2014, 04:46 PM
GO FOR IT!!!

FaultyMario
January 16th, 2014, 06:42 PM
hells yea!

Kchrpm
January 17th, 2014, 05:34 AM
IIIIInteresting! Time to look up Austin ticket prices.

Kchrpm
January 17th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Wait, they're going to Indy? HMMMMMM!!!!!!

Edit: why the hell are the Indy dates on a Thursday and Friday?

Edit: Oh, its a support race for the Brickyard 400.

Kchrpm
January 17th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Item
Cost Per
Qty
Total Cost

Total Cost
$556.00

Admission

# of People

Tudor Race Day Only (per person)
$30.00
$210.00

Per Person
$79.43

Thursday Practice Only (per person)
$10.00
$70.00

Transportation from Cincinnati

Minivan (per day)
$90.00
$180.00

Gas (per day, 22 mpg, $3.50/gal)
$38.00
$76.00

Parking (per day, per car)
$10.00
$20.00

Just a thought...

FaultyMario
January 22nd, 2014, 08:22 AM
http://ca-sport.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Lime-rock-conti.jpg

tigeraid
January 22nd, 2014, 09:43 AM
Bryan's in for the CTSCC race on Friday!

The359
January 22nd, 2014, 02:55 PM
And hes in the most frustrating car to listen to. It has a screach like the old Mazda RX-8s!

The359
January 23rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
And a great bloke to talk to. ;) Sorry for talking your ear off Bryan!

Random
January 24th, 2014, 09:28 AM
DVR set. :cool:

Random
January 24th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Just because:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1505640_10152604162128677_806462144_n.jpg

Cam
January 24th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Looks like the #33 car didn't do so well. Anyone watch the race? What happened?

The359
January 24th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I was wondering that myself, he was in the Top 10 in the first half, then there was a big caution for a wreck and he fell back, I imagine due to pit stops and driver changes? After that the car was a lap down. Ran fine the whole rest of the event, but his teammate never made that lap back.

Freude am Fahren
January 25th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Race on FS2 right now. Check out fox sports go website if you don't have FS2 available where you are, you might still be able to watch if you have AT&T, Comcast (XFinity), and a few others.

CudaMan
January 27th, 2014, 08:12 AM
I had fun in my stint even though I was massively saving the brakes for the end of the race. The Caymans are ridiculously strong on the straights, and so was one of the Civics. I got a huge run on a Cayman exiting the bus stop, was fully alongside on the inside of NASCAR 3 with momentum, and he was clear in front of me again by start/finish. Not complaining though - it was a good experience for sure. A little FWD practice, a little Daytona familiarization, some clean hard side by side racing. Straight panels but a few scuffs on the paint. Just the way I like it. :D I didn't count but I think I entered qualy with about 12 laps under my belt.

Got a good start, snuck inside into T1 to steal 3rd, then went 2nd for a bit seizing an opportunity. Back to 3rd, then 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th before I got a little breathing space behind me where no-one was up in my draft. Pitted from 6th or 7th under green, did a driver swap but fuel wasn't getting in the car somehow. We had to pit again to get fuel in, this time under yellow, and we ended up a lap down. Timing and scoring went down around then, even for IMSA, so they weren't issuing wave-arounds as far as I'm told. Two cars in front of us took one anyway, and ended up finishing very well. We were stuck a lap down the rest of the race and ended up 27th.

The #34 got caught up in a wreck early and went a few laps down while being repaired.

Disappointing results for sure! My Webber-like luck continues. :)

Crazed_Insanity
January 27th, 2014, 08:49 AM
That's okay, we still have faith in you... and your helmet looks awesome! Better luck next time.

Cam
January 27th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the update, Cuda. Good to see you out there. :)

Reynard
January 27th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Got a good start, snuck inside into T1 to steal 3rd

hehe, you should of heard me barking at the tv as you went into the horse shoe and the Bimmerworld car dives in on your outside determined to get the position back. I'm yelling, don't let him do that, run him out on the grass Bryan... take him wide, take him wide! :twisted:

Of course you're nicer then that. :)

CudaMan
January 27th, 2014, 12:39 PM
I also didn't think he had that much of a handling advantage to pull that off, despite my early braking. Found out differently didn't I! He definitely wouldn't have gone past late in the race. :)

GB
January 27th, 2014, 01:14 PM
they weren't issuing wave-arounds as far as I'm told. Two cars in front of us took one anyway

WTF?!?!

The359
January 28th, 2014, 08:17 AM
I got a similar helmet shot to the one Rando posted, plus this nice one.

FaultyMario
February 18th, 2014, 12:07 PM
I'm dissapoint in NissanUSA, to say the least.

Jann Mardenborough will compete in Formula One feeder series, GP3, in 2014 with the championship-winning Arden International team. The 2011 GT Academy winner also joins an intensive driver development programme with Infiniti Red Bull Racing, the most successful Formula One team of recent times.

In the last two seasons Mardenborough has competed and excelled in GT cars, Le Mans Prototypes and single-seaters, his most recent efforts earning him the runner-up spot in the New Zealand-based TRS single-seater championship. His podium finish at Le Mans in 2013 came two years to the day after he reached the final stages of GT Academy in 2011.

“I feel ready for GP3,” said Mardenborough. “I’ve prepared well and I have all the right people around me to help my development so I can fully focus on my racing. Formula 3 has taught me so many things, both in the car and out of the car, both mentally and physically. It was a great stage in my development and I’m sure the skills I’ve learnt there will help me in GP3 and beyond. I’m excited to work with Arden. My initial impressions of them are excellent; they have a lot of experience and great success over the years. I’m looking forward to working with my race engineer Sean (McGill).

“I haven’t raced the GP3 car yet,” he continued. “But going on initial testing, I prefer the GP3 car to an F3 car. The power is very addictive! This season is my opportunity to impress more people in the sport who make the decisions on who makes it into F1 and who doesn’t and I’m going to give it my best shot.”

Arden International was selected for its championship-winning pedigree. The team’s most recent success story is that of Russian racer Daniil Kyvat who won the GP3 title with Arden in 2013 and will now race in F1 with Toro Rosso in 2014.

A crucial element of GT Academy is Nissan’s driver development programme, which helps the winners switch from the virtual world of gaming to the reality of the race track. This is where Jann learnt his craft. He will now add on a bespoke development programme with Infiniti Red Bull Racing to push his talent as far as it will go.

“We’re delighted to welcome Jann onto our programme,” said Andy Damerum, Red Bull Racing’s driver development manager. “We have been tracking Nissan’s innovative approach to motorsport and in particular GT Academy that challenges the status quo of motorsport. The traditional route to F1 of karting and single-seaters is a tried and tested success but Nissan and PlayStation have gone down a very different road and started to find some very talented drivers who have been doing all their practicing on a games console. I’m very interested to see how Jann fares on our programme and in GP3 this season and I look forward to taking him under the Infiniti Red Bull Racing wing to further progress his career. ”

The mentor for the UK finalists of GT Academy 2011 was none other than Johnny Herbert, who has kept a close eye on Jann ever since.

“I have been mightily impressed with what Jann has achieved since winning GT Academy,” said Herbert. “For someone with Jann’s experience doing so well is very rare to see. Last year he raced in the European F3 series which is hell of a tough challenge during your first season; the fact that it was Jann’s first season in any kind of single-seaters is incredible. Whilst he has had a very successful first year in GT racing and he has now got an amazing result at Le Mans 24 Hours under his belt, he is competing against drivers that have grown up with seasons of karting and single-seater experience behind them.

His talent has not only impressed me, but has now got experienced figureheads in motorsport talking about what Jann, Nissan and GT Academy is achieving,” continued Herbert. “The world of motorsport is recognising that GT Academy is helping bring talented young blood into the sport. The success of Jann and other GT Academy winners is also inspiring a new legion of gaming and motorsport fans by giving them a new route to becoming a professional racing driver. The only question that remains unanswered is ‘Can a gamer make it all the way to F1?’”

“Jann’s progress is just the tip of the iceberg for the success of the graduates of GT Academy,” said Nissan’s Director of Global Motosport, Darren Cox. “Last year we took 41 podiums around the world including Le Mans, the Spa 24 hours and the Dubai 24 hours and won two championships in the GT-R Nismo. The innovation is now obvious to everyone who looks into the detail, however like most innovations this was not the case when we kicked the programme off six years ago. Nissan and Playstation have bought motorsport to a new generation of digital fans and now we are expanding even further geographically. Recent additions to our core markets of Europe, Russia and USA are India and the Middle East and more new markets will be announced in the coming weeks.”

Kchrpm
February 18th, 2014, 12:14 PM
I wonder how popular sports car racing is in Europe vs America. The relatively small return on investment in the US has to make it tougher for NissanUSA to get things done.

Random
February 18th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Fogelhund might have better insight here, since he's a little more tapped into the "scene," but my impression is that Nissan hasn't managed to hook up with a well-established, well-funded team. They need a Flying Lizard or a Realtime to really get things moving. I'm not sure such a team exists at the moment.

Twas a real bummer that Pickett and Nissan couldn't get the GT-R on the track at Daytona. :(

The359
February 18th, 2014, 02:42 PM
As I said to Bryan while talking to him at Daytona, when he won GT Academy, Nissan had almost nothing in US racing beyond the occassional Continental 370Z or World Challenge GT-R. In Europe, Nissan had cars available in FIA GT1, GT3, and GT4 that could be used in any number of national and European GT series, and powered most of the LMP2 teams in both the European Le Mans Series and the World Endurance Championship. Mardenborough had the British GT Championship and Blancpain Endurance Series open to him with Nissan factory teams in his debut season. Even the latest US champion is staying in Europe to follow that route.

Things have improved now since Pickett is a factory Nissan team in prototypes in TUSC, and the GT-R is coming to the series as well. So hopefully doors will start opening up.

Random
February 18th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Bryan did his pre-Dubai work in Yerp, as well, in tandem with Jann.

The359
February 18th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Yeah, to get the qualifications for a license he ran in some British events.

The359
February 20th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Aaaaand Mardenborough gets the Muscle Milk seat for Sebring... (http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/mardenborough-completes-muscle-milk-lineup-for-sebring/)

I wonder how Mardenborough and Ordonez would compare facing off with each other, since they're the two that have progressed the furthest from GT Academy.

Rare White Ape
February 21st, 2014, 04:07 AM
Looks like they need more car to fit his name on the side.

The359
February 21st, 2014, 07:46 AM
Looks like they need more car to fit his name on the side.

I noticed that too. :lol:

Kchrpm
February 21st, 2014, 01:07 PM
Take my Z, please!

(that's what you're trying to sell, right? I forgot)

GB
February 21st, 2014, 01:56 PM
Do those other two guys keep putting the cars on class Pole like BH does?

Alan P
February 21st, 2014, 04:33 PM
Sorry but WTF is going on in Nissan USA? I can understand Jann in GP3 kinda, because the home of just about every multinational series is in the UK and he's English but putting him into a seat at one of the biggest races in the USA is retarded when there is someone just as good (IMO better!) who is actually AMERICAN, in an AMERICAN series at an AMERICAN track is bullshit. Sorry Bryan but you're getting the really shitty end of the stick here. I know you can't say too much but I have no doubt you're fuming about this.

FaultyMario
February 21st, 2014, 07:47 PM
I WILL DRINK A BEER IN ANGER FOR THAT.

Seriously, I am Nissan fan in part because they gave you your big break, but this kind of shit doesn't fly. I'm in full agreement with Mr. Paterson on this one.

The359
February 21st, 2014, 08:15 PM
To be fair Mardenborough does have experience with P2 cars, and Muscle Milk is a championship contender in TUSC. And Mario, to be equally fair, it was Nissan's decision on the third driver in the car, not Muscle Milk. They are a Nissan backed team and Nissan decides where their drivers go, just as Porsche places their driver line-up across the numerous GT contenders.

Don't get me wrong, I know Bryan isn't getting the same opportunities many of the other graduates have had

FaultyMario
February 21st, 2014, 08:36 PM
I understand that, but my Mexican IP address told Fb to take me to the Spanish Language Mexican Niissan Fb page, MM was my only venue for anger eruption.

CudaMan
February 21st, 2014, 08:41 PM
Nissan's motorsports programs in each territory arranges the drives. There is also a global operation, with drivers being exchanged to different races, series, and countries. I have the unique situation that I am not a part of that program, for reasons even I don't know, and I am always doing the best that I can with the backing I've got. I won't lie, I'm jealous of some of these other guys and the support they have especially since most of them came after me and I'm not slow (if J makes it to the pinnacle series I at least will always know I stacked up favorably when we were teammates). But publicly calling out a sponsor on it isn't the way toward a solution. You get more with honey than vinegar, or whatever. :p I definitely appreciate the support from all you guys (and more) but we need to go about it in a positive way.

Thanks. :)

Kchrpm
February 21st, 2014, 08:42 PM
I'm positive that they need to do something or I'm going to fart on them!

FaultyMario
February 21st, 2014, 08:49 PM
I definitely appreciate the support from all you guys (and more) but we need to go about it in a positive way.

Thanks. :)

Dude, Are you for real?

However good you think you are at driving, man, you're a million times a better (spoke) person.

The359
February 21st, 2014, 09:06 PM
There are still more enduros later in the season, and I'm sure Jann will be busy with GP3 to be able to make them.

CudaMan
February 22nd, 2014, 06:13 PM
LOL Keith. :toast:

IforceV8
March 11th, 2014, 03:21 PM
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/sebring-tuesday-ctsc-notebook/

Random
March 11th, 2014, 03:43 PM
w00t! :D

Freude am Fahren
March 11th, 2014, 04:02 PM
:up: Maybe I should skip the wedding I'm going to and go to Sebring instead...

GB
March 11th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Nice!

Random
March 14th, 2014, 08:37 AM
In theory, the Continental race will be live-streamed here: http://www.imsa.com/camera/sportscar-challenge/race-central

Random
March 14th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Stve Doherty is in the car first and looks to be doing a nice job moving up through the ST field. In 16th currently.

Random
March 14th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Just pitted.

Random
March 14th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Oh oh, just caught a shot of one of the Altimas being pushed out of pit lane.

The359
March 14th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I think that's the Doherty/Heitkotter car from what I can see from T&S.

IforceV8
March 14th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Think she done blow'd up.

Random
March 14th, 2014, 09:53 AM
#34 listed as "Off" now. :(

Kchrpm
March 14th, 2014, 09:54 AM
He didn't even get a chance to get in :-/

I JINXED HIM BY WATCHING THE LIVE STREAM!

The359
March 14th, 2014, 09:58 AM
I literally had just turned it on too. :(

IforceV8
March 16th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Hey Bryan does the Oreca PC have the option for TC?

Random
March 17th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Skulljockey FB page says the clutch broke on the #34.

CudaMan
March 24th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Slave cylinder seal. Bummer.

Random
March 24th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Doh! SO little, so lame. :(

samoht
April 29th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Busy this weekend ? :) :)

http://www.gtplanet.net/heitkotter-doherty-2014-ctscc-laguna/

fingers crossed for some good luck!

Random
April 29th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Single day ticket is $70 for Sunday. Jeebus--maybe that's why no one comes out to watch these races*, eh? :| Two-day pass was $65 "in advance" but isn't listed on the ticket site, so I"m guessing we are no longer "in advance." Bah and humbug.

*compared to the "good old days" of yore...reportedly.

edit: for $95 I can get a weekend pass to the NASCAR race at Sears Point, including pit passes for Friday and Saturday. Just sayin'.

FaultyMario
April 29th, 2014, 12:47 PM
B, have you had any free time with your engineers? have you gotten a chance to get technical with them, I'm just, naïvely, wondering if they could help you chase your Z's suspension problem... :D

CudaMan
April 29th, 2014, 01:15 PM
The ticket is probably primarily for Tudor. And if memory serves it was cheaper than that for a Daytona24 3-day pass with paddock access.

Advance ticket sales ended Monday. Which sucks because that's when the announcement went public that I'd be racing this year. Had to keep quiet until then. Just bad timing with Laguna (my home track) being first up.

My race is Saturday.

My suspension problem is looking like valving, and possibly bind in the suspension. (Nobody ever told me poly bushings could introduce bind... until after I had installed them). Race teams use heim joints and wouldn't have that issue.

Godson
April 29th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I missed that you used poly, and the characteristics make sense now. I have never been a fan with the harmonics and wear characteristics of it over rubber. Rubber has flex, but that is what is great about it. Poly doesn't and does weird things under load, great example is the RTABs on the e36. Stock z4m rubber with isolators makes poly feel like a step backwards.

BTW congrats on the announcement.

Freude am Fahren
May 3rd, 2014, 11:03 AM
So if I'm not mistaken, you can't watch the race streaming on IMSA.com in about 45 minutes. (3:45p.m. Eastern) Bryan's second in the car I think.

Good luck Bryan!

Freude am Fahren
May 3rd, 2014, 12:00 PM
If anyone knows a stream without timing & scoring, or a way to turn off the auto refresh, please share. It's extremely annoying.

Figured it out.

http://multimedia.netstorage.imsa.com/MULTIMEDIA1/index800.html

That's just the player of the stream.

samoht
May 4th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Results here: http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/CTSC%20MRLS%20Race%20Provisional.pdf

How did the race pan out?

Random
May 4th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Need another two seconds to be competitive, looks like.

The359
May 4th, 2014, 11:39 AM
From what I saw of the end of the race stream, apparently all the FWD cars struggled in ST.

Alan P
May 4th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Hmm, fastest lap of the ST class, while a lap record for the class, was a 1:39.594. Fastest lap of any FWD car was over a second slower. Does this class work with Balance of Power rules because a second a lap is an awful lot over the course of a race.

Random
May 4th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Laguna's a sweepery power track, IMO, which is not going to play to the FWD cars strengths.

CudaMan
May 4th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Handling and corner speed help tremendously here. No surprise an LMP2 won P, a Z4 won in GTD, and an MX5 won in ST. This track seemed to exacerbate our weaker areas. It appeared to me our minimum speed in a corner was lower than anyone else's, and with long corners and downhill corners, and an important slow corner leading onto the longest straight, that hurt our chances of fighting for track position let alone a competitive lap time in isolation. We're the heaviest FWD car and we're on skinny 225mm tires. Only so much we can do. But we're not giving up. Balance of Power is a tough one, it's all quite political and an art form in itself lobbying for breaks. Clearly a few teams have found some speed this year, especially the MX5s which now have the motor to match their chassis, and the BMWs are quicker in a straight line than they used to be too. We did get a break for Sebring, being allowed an aftermarket larger front caliper with thicker pads, but this didn't help with braking performance. It only helped us not run out of brakes by the end of a race. ;)

I'm also personally finding it a challenge getting consistent pace out of this car. I've got some things to figure out.

Kchrpm
May 5th, 2014, 06:14 AM
If you need any help with the details and nuances of Altima driving, ask away ;)

FaultyMario
May 6th, 2014, 09:13 AM
:snap:

pl8ster
May 10th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Much less elevation change at Lime Rock should help the Altimas, no?

CudaMan
May 10th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Hard to say. We had good torque to pull us up the hill toward the corkscrew at Laguna. LRP just has one sharp uphill and one steep sudden downhill. Still a handling track I imagine but maybe the gearing or surface will work out better for us somehow.

Alan P
May 24th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Any idea how he did?

Freude am Fahren
May 24th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I think they got a top ten this week.

Interestingly the race was won by the Miata team with the Marine that lost his leg in Afghanistan. It was three years ago on Thursday when he lost it too. And it's Memorial Day weekend at his 'home track', no less. What a great story.

Here it is, 13th, from a starting position of 29th, I think. Pretty good run through the field it would seem. :up:
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/CTSC%20ST%20Lime%20Rock%20Race%20Unofficial.pdf?in validate-cache=1400969298

pl8ster
May 25th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Yes, the winning Miata team was an awesome story (though the Miatas did seem to have a clear advantage over the other cars). Highly recommend catching one of these races if its within four hours of where you live. It was fantastic to finally meet Bryan and see the #34 car do battle in person!

CudaMan
May 27th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Liam is a cool guy. I met him last year at the Kansas race.

We had to pit twice for fuel, I understand the MX5s didn't (and they have the best lap pace to boot).

It's also a bit frustrating when other cars have so much more mechanical grip they can drive around you in the slow stuff.

But we'll keep fighting for whatever we can get. The car was very good at LRP, and we had some fun. Still we should have been at the pointy end of the field given we have two fast drivers who ran a near perfect race (including pit stops).

In another odd IMSA decision, qualifying was cancelled due to rain. Except we ran the session as scheduled, it was simply "adjsuted" to be a Practice session (we knew this about 5 or 10 minutes before it started). So the starting grid was set based on season points and we lined up 29th. In the wet "practice" session Steve was P5 and I was P4. I pulled in after 3 or 4 laps of wet practice to save the rain tires in case we needed them. We would have loved to qualify and race in the rain!

BTW Turn 7 at LRP (the final corner) is really really fun when you get it right. You can carry more speed than you think because of the compressions.

Great to meat another GTXf'er in pl8ster!

FaultyMario
May 27th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Just so you know, I've started wearing tube socks for my nightly jogs. ALL.THE.WAY.UP.
'Cause I'm H4RDC0R3 like that.

And I have observed my kilometer times drop by a couple of tenths.

Phil_SS
May 27th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Great to meat another GTXf'er in pl8ster!

Sounds about right.

Random
June 18th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Attention upper-Midwesterners, New Englanders, and southern Canadians:

After Road America this weekend, where I'll compete in a third class in World Challenge (I've raced in GT and GTS), I'm off to Watkins Glen the following weekend to race in CTSC, then two weeks later we're in the land of hockey and maple syrup to race at Mosport, also with CTSC. I'm loving all this racing!

(bolding mine)

Random
June 20th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Ho hum, another pole.

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/series-news/item/2557-heitkotter-wolfe-nixon-score-tc-tca-tcb-road-america-poles.html

Crazed_Insanity
June 20th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Whether virtual or real, the guy is just an awesome racer! :up:

Freude am Fahren
June 20th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Bryan Heitsenna

IforceV8
June 21st, 2014, 07:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PE-Nn4wvc&list=PLA-peM88yfiIhao4e0sR2AS5m72jg0j5Q&feature=share&index=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThnIzgZOZG4&list=PLA-peM88yfiIhao4e0sR2AS5m72jg0j5Q&feature=share

Random
June 21st, 2014, 11:07 AM
Podium!

FaultyMario
June 24th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Anybody know anything about the 2015 FIA Gran Turismo World Championship?
Does it mean It's gonna -finally- require a proper sponsorship program for an American driver?

The FIA has endorsed the creation of an official Online Championship with Gran Turismo series creators Polyphony Digital.

The championship, which will be launched next year will “offer the large number of Gran Turismo players and motor sport fans the opportunity to engage with real motor sport”, according to the FIA.

The governing body of world motorsport has been given its certification for four of the circuits which feature in Gran Turismo 6, which was launched last year. The FIA conducted inspections of the tracks by examining the circuit models used by the game creators and comparing them to their own.

Other tracks which feature in FIA will also be inspected with a view to gaining FIA certification.

Polyphony Digital president and GranTurismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi said the recognation was “the biggest accolade the game has received in its history”.

“Our partnership with the FIA is a further step forward in our continued quest to bring the worlds of virtual and reality racing into a full circle,” he added.

FIA president Jean Todt said the governing body’s co-operation with the game designers will “ensure that millions of Gran Turismo and motor sport fans can race on even more detailed tracks at home”.

“The Gran Turismo series has played an important role in helping to attract a new fan base to motor sport. With the input of FIA in the development of the upcoming FIA Online Championship, Gran Turismo 6 will now offer an experience even closer to the real world of motor sport.

“We are also excited to be working closely with Polyphony Digital and Sony Computer Entertainment in the future to find new ways to continue to make motor sport more accessible to millions of fans that share a passion for racing.”

Kchrpm
June 24th, 2014, 10:02 AM
So there's going to be an FIA sanctioned online tournament? Why?

The359
June 24th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I don't think it's a tournament, just a championship as they say. NASCAR backs an official iRacing championship as well.

Kchrpm
June 24th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Oh, so it's a sponsorship deal, not a regulated thing. That makes sense.

The359
June 24th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Well kind of regulated, since it is a championship they would technically be the regulating body. I don't know how much NASCAR actually dictates the rules in the iRacing series.

Rikadyn
July 1st, 2014, 06:56 AM
Flipping through someones pics and this popped up...

http://i.imgur.com/54HM9zI.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/cNRNU#0

Drachen596
July 1st, 2014, 09:23 AM
Should put a hippo sticker on there..

CudaMan
July 1st, 2014, 11:56 AM
ABS failure and LSD trouble in the wet race. Was frustrated at complete lack of speed then. Second race was better but starting back in 6th couldn't stay in touch with the leaders and was defending from 4th place for the fist half of it.

Just a little backstory. :) Coverage didn't seem super awesome.

Random
December 1st, 2014, 01:37 PM
For the local non-Facebookers:

Heading back to Cali for the NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill! I'm massively looking forward to running in this event again. Great memories from snagging an E2 podium in a LeMons Sentra SE-R two years ago with Krider Racing. Now Skullcandy Team Nissan has a new E0 370Z with my name on it. Thanks to Nissan North America for all their support. Let's make some headlines!

I'm planning to be there for the start on Saturday--gotta bail early for a holiday dinner, though. Might make it back for the Sunday finish.

Random
December 6th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Live timing and scoring: http://live.racerconnect.com/index.php/live-timing-and-scoring

Bryan's car (#33 CA Sport/Skullcandy Team Nissan) is currently running 12th overall, 2nd in class. :up: The BMW team that Kurt Busch is driving with is in 16th.

Bryan's done one double stint, goes back in the car midnight-ish.

Random
December 6th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Live video from one of the Mazda 6 diesels: http://mazdamotorsports.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DisplayRacerStoryView?source=STORY&uniqueId=3151&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&button=y

Random
December 7th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Running 8th overall, 1st in class with four hours to go. :up:

Random
December 7th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Ended up 3rd in class, 10th overall? Not bad for a car that hadn't turned a wheel in anger until qualifying!

samoht
December 7th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Great stuff!

FaultyMario
December 8th, 2014, 03:47 AM
A+. Will read again!

CudaMan
December 10th, 2014, 06:25 PM
http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/ca-sport-skullcandy-nissan-370z-completes-improbable-journey-from-street-car-to-thunderhill-enduro-podium-in-just-two-weeks

XHawkeye
January 7th, 2015, 06:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6DJ5CbCUAAD0Fh.jpg:large

As the 7th year of GT Academy comes to an end, check out these incredible numbers in our #Infographic pic.twitter.com/SiaBaPDhby

Alan P
January 8th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Any news on what's planned this year Bryan?

Jegato
January 18th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Just stumbled across this:
http://www.gtplanet.net/nissan-looks-to-american-gt-academy-talent-for-2016-lmp1-competition/

Best of luck Bryan

IforceV8
January 22nd, 2015, 09:19 AM
Bryan and '13 winner Nick McMillen are running the GS class 370z for Doran in Conti,I believe its a full season but I havent seen anything official from Nissan.

The359
January 23rd, 2015, 01:39 PM
They had a good race. McMillan fell back at the start, but regrouped and held on, then Bryan got in and climbed to six. Lots of close battles with the Mustangs and Camaros. :up:

Random
January 23rd, 2015, 02:19 PM
Sister car appears to have had some issues.

The359
January 23rd, 2015, 02:27 PM
The plastic on the foot pedal on the other Z broke, we asked the Doran guys on our way out of the garage. They had an issue earlier in the race, looked like they overshot pit lane and had to do another lap.

Random
January 23rd, 2015, 02:36 PM
You said hi to Bryan, right? :)

The359
January 23rd, 2015, 03:13 PM
You said hi to Bryan, right? :)

Yep, my dad and I talked to both Bryan and Nick a few times.

IforceV8
January 23rd, 2015, 04:16 PM
A great run,good experience for Nick and the car came back in one piece. Nobody had anything for the Beetle today,I'm sure the title sponsor BMW was thrilled.

Random
January 24th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Yep, my dad and I talked to both Bryan and Nick a few times.

:up: :up:

The359
January 26th, 2015, 06:01 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10931627_10100964983861667_3024273362876695048_o.j pg

I had to chide Nick for the fact that him and Bryan had almost identical helmets, it made it difficult to tell who was in the car during practice. ;)

Didn't get a picture with Bryan on the grid, he was too busy giving demo rides to people in the GT-R Nismo. He was giving it some stick when the BMWs got out of his way. :up:

CudaMan
January 27th, 2015, 08:40 AM
One of my goals this off-season was to get my helmet painted. With all that's been going on that didn't happen. Maybe next year!

Solid race for us I think. Could have been better, could have been worse. It was fun to move up the order and I had a few decent scraps. Pesky Mustangs are stupendous on the brakes. If not for extended battling to get past the 158 I think I would have been well poised to be in that battle for 2nd thru 5th in the end. Our spare diff had an old spec LSD which was hurting us in the race, I want to say 3-4 tenths per lap. Hard to know for sure.

The359
January 27th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Yeah, once you cleared that group of Mustangs you were running away from them, but the top four guys were already too far ahead.

Did your teammate miss pit lane on his pit stop? I saw him on the apron when Nick passed him for position, I figured he overshot somehow.

CudaMan
January 27th, 2015, 11:55 AM
I understand it was a late call to pit, the driver made an attempt but had to bail.

IforceV8
February 19th, 2015, 09:33 AM
http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/113591-pwc-nissan-confirms-two-car-gt-r-program-for-davison-heitkotter

:rawk:

FaultyMario
February 19th, 2015, 09:37 AM
He's goin' be evrywhere! (http://www.world-challenge.com/images/seasons/2015-PWC-Schedule.pdf)

Awesome!

Random
February 19th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Whoomah! :up:

Kchrpm
February 19th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Selfishly:
Mid-Ohio in August :up:
Detroit in May :up:

The359
February 19th, 2015, 09:56 AM
:hard:

Jegato
February 19th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Congratulations Bryan!!!! :up:

Rare White Ape
February 19th, 2015, 06:43 PM
See if you can somehow convince your team to come out to next year's Bathurst 12H, seeing as how your team mate is an Aussie and it makes good sense from a marketing point of view... ;)

Freude am Fahren
February 19th, 2015, 07:36 PM
And the car is clearly capable of winning. :).

Congrats!

2ndMoparMan
February 19th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Hopefully he'll be able to find a ride for PLM as well. Would love to finally meet Bryan. Great to see he's got a ride for the year!

CudaMan
April 13th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Going fast 'n' taking names 'n' stuff: https://youtu.be/l-SJFxJMy9o

Crazed_Insanity
April 13th, 2015, 01:03 PM
:up:

XHawkeye
April 13th, 2015, 05:02 PM

Random
April 13th, 2015, 05:40 PM

Cam
April 13th, 2015, 06:51 PM
:cool: :up:

Dicknose
April 13th, 2015, 11:55 PM
Great stuff!

Tom Servo
April 14th, 2015, 05:24 AM
'Course, Cuda's going to be in town this weekend in Long Beach and I am.....not. Poorly timed Yosemite trip :/

Crazed_Insanity
April 14th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Really?

Any pit passes available? ;)

Kchrpm
April 14th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Typically the race weekends PWC are at have pit passes available to the public for really reasonable prices. You get to see a ton of cool cars up close, and see the equipment and teams supporting them like you never would in any other way. Everyone interested in cars or racing should do it at least once, preferably over and over and over.

CudaMan
April 14th, 2015, 04:55 PM
I don't have any to give away, unfortunately!

Bummer about the timing, Swervo.

Next year? Fingers crossed.

Godson
April 14th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Some would call that a passing clinic...

Tom Servo
April 15th, 2015, 07:20 AM
I know they stream the races online, are they available to watch after the fact or do they only stream live? I doubt I'll have particularly great internet up in Yosemite (and would be in significant trouble with the wife if we spent the day watching the computer instead of out in the park).

CudaMan
April 15th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Yeah that wouldn't go over well I think! Usually they are available online a week or so after the race, via the World Challenge YouTube channel. Also if you get the CBS Sports cable channel, it'll be on there Sunday, April 26, 3:30 PM Eastern.

Tom Servo
April 15th, 2015, 03:21 PM
We technically get CBS Sports, but Time Warner do such a bang-up job at being a cable company that the signal strength is too low for it to actually show up correctly. Hopefully I can get them to sort it before that Sunday, otherwise I'll check online.

Good luck out there, and enjoy Long Beach!

Phil_SS
April 15th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Hopefully there won't be too much drama in the LBC.

BTW, how awesome is it that I can watch Bryan hot lapping the competition in 60" of goodness? Gotta love technology.

Crazed_Insanity
April 16th, 2015, 11:17 AM
I don't have any to give away, unfortunately!

:(

Oh well... Hope you kick some ass this weekend anyway! ;)

Dicknose
April 17th, 2015, 05:09 AM
Is it Laguna Seca on Sep 11-13??

Hmm - I might be able to make that. Hope to be in the US around then. Might be able to fly out via LAX rather than Dallas.
Anyone else in the area planning to go (Billi?)

Godson
April 17th, 2015, 08:55 AM
My check with overpowered.

FaultyMario
April 17th, 2015, 11:44 AM
...Brian Servo? Rud?

Phil_SS
April 17th, 2015, 04:20 PM
LA is not really near Laguna Seca. But it would be a great road trip. Just rent a car and take highway 1.

Random
April 17th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Yeah, closer to SFO.

IforceV8
April 19th, 2015, 08:26 PM
I missed the first part of the race,why did Bryan get a 30 sec penalty?

Kchrpm
April 20th, 2015, 06:09 AM
We were trying to find a replay or summary yesterday in chat, to no avail.

IforceV8
April 20th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Behind the leaders, contact between the No. 05 of Bryan Heitkotter and the No. No. 20 Butch Leitzinger in the Bentley/Breitling/Mobil1 Team Bentley Dyson Racing Bentley Continental GT3 on the short shoot coming out of turn 5 resulted in a damaged No.20 car wounded on the track bringing out a full course yellow. The incident resulted in a drive through penalty for Heitkotter.

So B went all Sundance mode on Butch then.:lol:

IforceV8
April 21st, 2015, 12:22 PM
Anybody read this shitty article? http://sportscar365.com/features/commentary/oconnell-long-beach-debrief-2/

Kchrpm
April 21st, 2015, 01:00 PM
He talks about it being bad for the fans, but the crazy passes are what the fans love to see, when they go well-ish.

IforceV8
April 21st, 2015, 03:31 PM
Now MP is writing shit on Racer about the contact between Bryan and Leitzinger.Is there a video posted of the onboards?

Random
April 21st, 2015, 07:14 PM
Anybody read this shitty article? http://sportscar365.com/features/commentary/oconnell-long-beach-debrief-2/

Summary: rahrahrahwwhenIstarteddrivingrahrahrahkidstheseday srahrahrahcarsaretoosaferahrahrah :angry:

It's not a new argument.

The359
April 21st, 2015, 08:25 PM
Pirelli World Challenge series officials have issued the following penalties Tuesday night after Round 5 at Long Beach.

***Johnny O’Connell, No. 3 Cadillac Racing Cadillac ATS-V.R, $3000 and 30 driver points for driver conduct.

***Bryan Heitkotter (GTA), No. 05 AE Nissan GT Academy Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3, $5000 and 20 driver points for driver conduct; loss of two grid positions in Round 6 for movement prior to start.

***Lorenzo Trefethen (GT Cup), No. 13 ANSA Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, $5000 and 40 driver points for pass under yellow; $1000 and 20 driver points for driver conduct.

***Kevin Estre, No. 9 K-PAX Racing with Flying Lizard Motorsports McLaren 650S GT3, $3000 and 30 driver points for driver conduct; loss of two grid positions in Round 6 for being out of position on a restart.

***Ryan Dalziel, No. 31 EFFORT Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R, 20 driver points for unsportsmanlike conduct.

***Bret Curtis (GTA), No. 32 Turner Motorsport BMW Z4 GT3, start next race from pit lane, perform three successful standing starts during practice.

***Olivier Beretta, No. 61 R. Ferri Motorsport Ferrari 458 Italia GT3, $3000 and 30 driver points for driving conduct, $1000 and 20 driver points for driving conduct, loss of two grid positions in Round 6 for movement prior to start.

20 drivers in total were penalized.

Cam
April 22nd, 2015, 02:58 AM
Dang. :twitch: At least Bryan's penalty wasn't for "driver conduct." :)

Kchrpm
April 22nd, 2015, 05:43 AM
It's in there.

Cam
April 22nd, 2015, 05:51 AM
Oh yeah. I missed it. I guess I only registered the "movement" bit. :(

Kchrpm
April 22nd, 2015, 08:10 AM
http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/half-of-pirelli-world-challenge-entry-list-gets-penalti-1699409900/+travis

IforceV8
April 22nd, 2015, 09:12 AM
So Satan Heitkotter has turned Godzilla into a killing machine according to Pruett and Beretta gets to keep his win and Dalziel gets nailed for not pretending to back this fucking fraud of a series.

Phil_SS
April 24th, 2015, 04:28 PM
I found video of Bryan's incident. To be honest I think he got off light.

http://youtu.be/mE7ttmTZEsE

Drachen596
April 24th, 2015, 05:06 PM
i've never liked Long Beach or the Temporary circuits, they seem to just cause lots of carnage which i guess is great if you want to steal Nascar fans.

IforceV8
April 26th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Top step! :rawk: After what had to be a tough week congrats Bryan.

Freude am Fahren
April 26th, 2015, 11:09 AM
First in GTA! (8th overall) Looking forward to watching the race next week. Also really interested to see the Long Beach race which airs today, to see what all the fuss was about.

It also seems his teammate's win from yesterday has been taken away because of a non-compliant car. Came from the back to 11th today though. Clearly a fast combination at Barber. Any idea on the specifics of the infraction?

IforceV8
April 26th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Interesting they didnt show Bryan's onboard from the wreck. Shit or get off the pot come to mind for Butch,there is a gamer on your ass.:finger:

samoht
April 26th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Top step! :rawk: After what had to be a tough week congrats Bryan.

Congrats Bryan! I saw a tweet, any link for more details yet?

IforceV8
April 26th, 2015, 03:25 PM
"It was a very good race for us," said Heitkotter after winning the GTA class. "We started this program late. So every race was a test session for us. We’re finally at the pace we expect to be. Big thanks to the crew, Mike especially it’s his last race. Good for us to get a win for him his last race. Car stayed very consistent throughout the stint. Pressured Montecalvo and Chris Dyson, made a mistake and I capitalized. Tough to pass so kept up front as much as possible. No doubt I am in a pretty big championship points hole. I reset my season after Long Beach. Finish as high as possible and see where the chips fall. Not a great start to the season but we’ve learned a lot since then. Quite a bit different than what I’ve been driving before. The class of cars and drivers is pretty amazing. It’s been a learning experience and we will go from there."

http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/116012-estre-wins-in-gt-at-barber-motorsports-park-heitkotter-and-thompson-score-wins-in-gta-and-gt-cup

XHawkeye
April 26th, 2015, 07:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDiFfilW8AAZKZa.jpg:large

Great job all!! (https://twitter.com/IamDarrenCox/status/592383524734369792) RT "@aeperformance: GT-A Winner @BryanHeitkotter !!! Congrats to the entire team!! " @GTAcademy @NISMO

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDjJGyqXIAIF5Cm.jpg:large

Top step of the podium (https://twitter.com/BryanHeitkotter/status/592444478696386560). So privileged to race 4 @NissanUSA @aeperformance @AIMautosport @GTAcademy. Lets do it again!

Tom Servo
April 27th, 2015, 05:26 AM
"Invisible Clean Pass of the Race"

Freude am Fahren
April 28th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Finally got around to watching the Long Beach race. What a cluster! Bryan was far from the worst offender. The dive bombs into the final corner, as well as Baretta's were ridiculous!

Tom Servo
April 28th, 2015, 09:46 AM
I remember hearing something that the races are generally available online after a certain amount of time, however I can't find 'em. Anyone know where they might be, if they exist?

I still need to get the cable company out - I technically get CBS Sports Network, but any time I try to watch it I just get a "Searching for signal on this channel" message.

IforceV8
April 28th, 2015, 10:12 AM
They are unlisted in Youtube but if you search WC tv with PWC 2015 and the track name it will show this. http://www.world-challengetv.com/#/races/1267

Tom Servo
April 28th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Oooh, nice, thanks!

IforceV8
April 28th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Damn stream missed the pass for the lead.Maybe the CBS sports broadcast will show it.

Random
April 28th, 2015, 06:33 PM
That's why it was the invisible clean pass of the race. ;)

IforceV8
May 16th, 2015, 11:00 AM
The view from the top step was be addictive. :rawk:

Tom Servo
May 16th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Yes it is!

http://www.world-challenge.com/index.php/news/series-news/item/3168-o-connell-heitkotter-and-thompson-win-in-gt-gta-and-gt-cup-at-canadian-tire-motorsport-park

Random
May 16th, 2015, 02:07 PM
So, when does he get moved out of GTA? ;)

2ndMoparMan
May 16th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Soon, maybe? Also, grats on win number two of the season, Bryan!

samoht
May 17th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Yay!

IforceV8
May 17th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Reset button this eh. :toast:

Tom Servo
May 17th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Yowza, looks like about two seconds from lapping the other GT-R at the end there.

2ndMoparMan
May 18th, 2015, 05:28 PM
Double down for Bryan!

http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/116882-o-connell-and-heitkotter-double-up-in-gt-and-gta-at-canadian-tire-motorsport-park-trefethen-wins-in-gt-cup

XHawkeye
May 21st, 2015, 07:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFk6RtQVAAA2Xqm.jpg:large

Had time to turn a few (https://twitter.com/BryanHeitkotter/status/601576101714898945) laps last night on @GTAcademy #GT6. LMP2 @ Spa a fun challenge! Would love to do it for real.

IforceV8
May 27th, 2015, 08:52 AM
“We said we’d start to focus a little bit more on the American drivers. We’ve got some other news coming on that side after Le Mans. We’re giving the American guys some more international experience.”

Cox confirmed there will be additional prototype opportunities for American GT Academy drivers in Europe this summer, with more announcements to come. It’s understood to include drives in the European Le Mans Series in LMP2 and/or LMP3 machinery.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/lemans24/mcmillen-gets-le-mans-test-day-opportunity-in-nissan-lmp3-car/

Certainly back to back to back wins would earn a trip to Austria on July 11-12 for a shot at the LMP3 car. Conti is at Mosport that weekend but PWC is off.

Godson
May 27th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Get you some Bryan.

FaultyMario
May 31st, 2015, 07:59 PM
Certainly back to back to back wins would earn a trip to Austria on July 11-12 for a shot at the LMP3 car.

+1

Freude am Fahren
June 1st, 2015, 08:39 AM
So Sunday's race was to be the first one live broadcast this season on CBS sports (I think?), but since it was rained out they showed Saturdays :up: Anyway, down the line there will be either a make up race, or a double points race (I think the latter is most likely). Looks like the Nissans weren't made for bumpy street courses though, both cars' splitters seem to shake loose.

Random
June 26th, 2015, 05:29 PM
#4 :up:

Tom Servo
June 27th, 2015, 05:29 AM
Wow, three races for him this weekend too, here's hoping for three in a row again.

There's one on Saturday at 1:35PM central and Sunday at 2:25PM central.

2ndMoparMan
June 27th, 2015, 06:33 AM
That early penalty this season's really hurt Bryan, points wise.

Freude am Fahren
June 27th, 2015, 10:33 AM
"We're sorry, but this video is unavailable on this device."

on a PC? wtf?

edit: seems to be a Firefox problem, Chrome works.

Freude am Fahren
June 28th, 2015, 11:36 AM
I'll put this in spoiler tags until the race airs on CBS Sports

Real shame today Bryan stalled on the start and got run into by another driver trying to evade him. Leitzinger stalled ahead of him (for the second day in a row), which didn't help, as Thorne had to get around Bryan then go back to the right again, and either misjudged it or had nowhere to go. The whole start was a bit of a cluster. Looks like the GT-R is not easy to launch. Looked like a lot of wheel spin yesterday from both cars too. However, I wonder if the Ferrari that kinda jumped the start then stopped again before the lights went out threw Bryan off a bit.

Also, why was it a standing start both Sat and Sun? I thought they did one standing one rolling?

Tom Servo
June 28th, 2015, 04:39 PM
He posted to Twitter that there was no drive at all, so maybe not a stall.

Alan P
June 29th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Facebook linked article said:

A driveshaft issue so no drive sounds accurate

CudaMan
June 29th, 2015, 03:27 PM
*snap*

Grid was so tight, Thorne couldn't make it around when he got squeezed from the other side.

Alan P
June 30th, 2015, 05:12 AM
Not the first time you've had an issue with that or those parts is it Bryan?

And when do you go testing in the Nismo LM GT? Surely you've asked for a go?

CudaMan
July 1st, 2015, 09:29 PM
That is the first time we've had the issue. We're pioneering standing starts in the GT3 GT-R, as it's previously only done time in International series and I don't believe any of them have standing starts. The shock to the drivetrain is going to be what breaks axles, and we are discovering the limits of those parts.

Getting a P1 ride is not as easy as just asking. :)

CudaMan
July 1st, 2015, 09:30 PM
Also for anyone who might not have seen it on FB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8dYvqeAZbM

The359
July 1st, 2015, 09:56 PM
Wow! :up:

IforceV8
July 2nd, 2015, 01:09 PM
Big and hairy thru the kink. :toast:

Is it too early to think about that GT-R flatout thru Nascar turn 4 next January?

Tom Servo
July 2nd, 2015, 03:02 PM
Man, you were just reeling them in one after the other and that pass on the Viper on the outside, nice stuff!

samoht
July 3rd, 2015, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the video. What's truly impressive is that it looked like you weren't taking big risks or anything, you had such a good rhythm it was almost relaxing to watch, and yet you were just lapping so much quicker.

Godson
July 5th, 2015, 08:10 PM
Yeah. Fuckin' mesmerizing

Kchrpm
August 2nd, 2015, 03:06 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kYMdOTk_pRYfmZPDqUv1Qt6sVRJL92OfuaAN3g3heW4G=w1782-h989-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/0ujx_AQ8V9ta7Yw0lfvMsXpp78H7TYWv-0rf-sdxfjwr=w1735-h990-no

IforceV8
August 2nd, 2015, 08:58 AM
There is no A in GT Pro, congrats Bryan.

The359
August 2nd, 2015, 11:56 AM
Does this move him out of GTA?

Random
August 2nd, 2015, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't think so.

There no point in having a GTA points championship if you're just going to bust anyone fast up to Pro.

2ndMoparMan
August 2nd, 2015, 01:27 PM
In his post race interview he said he lost the A status and is now in GT Pro. Awesome for Bryan!

Random
August 2nd, 2015, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't think so.

There no point in having a GTA points championship if you're just going to bust anyone fast up to Pro.

In his post race interview he said he lost the A status and is now in GT Pro. Awesome for Bryan!

Shows you what I know... :lol:

Well, congrats to Bryan. Big-boy pants time!

The359
August 2nd, 2015, 03:49 PM
Yeah, they bump you out of Amateur if you finish high enough in the overall standings a set amount of times. Wasnt sure if this would be the kicker.

IforceV8
August 2nd, 2015, 03:57 PM
Teammate Bryan Heitkotter finished a season-best third overall in the No. 05 Nissan. Heitkotter’s latest GTA class win, his fifth of the season, will come with a caveat.

By virtue of the overall third place, he will be reclassified as a GT class driver at the series’ next race, as Michael Lewis was after two overall top-five finishes earlier this season.

Per Rule 2.1.3.1.A of the Pirelli World Challenge rulebook, a driver who achieves an overall first, second or third position, or two overall fourth and fifth positions will automatically be moved to the GT class.

http://sportscar365.com/gt/world-challenge/dalziel-completes-weekend-sweep-at-mid-ohio/

Random
August 2nd, 2015, 03:59 PM

pl8ster
August 3rd, 2015, 04:10 AM
Oh, heck yeah.

Crazed_Insanity
August 3rd, 2015, 12:40 PM
No more Grand Theft Auto for Bryan? :D

Way to go PRO!

Kchrpm
August 3rd, 2015, 01:21 PM
I didn't post this anywhere else, because I wasn't really happy with it, but this as they were waiting to get on track. I talked to Bryan for a little after this (after making sure he wasn't already in "don't talk to me" zone like I think I saw a couple drivers in), until his boss wanted to get him out of the sun so he could stay cool, and we needed to get food and seated.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Tgo_6mYLkYQQp2c2lJ7d8CLDd--PGDEOnwmTZQXq1hmh=w1000-no

Kchrpm
August 4th, 2015, 06:23 AM
Went back and cleaned up some of my better pics of Bryan from previous events and put them all in the same album.

https://goo.gl/photos/AmwoesRAhDbV58pYA

XHawkeye
August 4th, 2015, 08:45 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLclWYaUcAETc5r.jpg:large

More podium fun with @BryanHeitkotter @FMontecalvo & @AustinCindric. #PWCMidOhio #PWC #PoppingBottles

samoht
August 5th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Loving this thread :-) :-)

well done Bryan.

drew
August 5th, 2015, 02:54 PM

Freude am Fahren
August 5th, 2015, 05:09 PM
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Can't wait to see the race broadcast, and the rest of the season!

XHawkeye
August 22nd, 2015, 06:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNCbRSaUsAAbWYM.jpg:large

#GT Top 3 #PWCMMP Race 1 1. @JohnnyOConnell1 2. @JDDavison007 3. @BryanHeitkotter @UtahMMP @PirelliUSA

Alan P
August 23rd, 2015, 04:57 AM

Random
August 23rd, 2015, 11:53 AM
Second verse, same as the first...

Random
August 29th, 2015, 08:01 PM
http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1418&stc=1

Vince and I got to say hi to Bryan before his race today. :)

Kchrpm
August 29th, 2015, 09:07 PM
BRODOWN HODOWN!

Random
September 8th, 2015, 07:54 AM
CudaMan's t-shirt choice for the first day of Solo Nationals is great:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/12003895_947483301975487_1311365287917983614_n.jpg ?oh=fe6f802efa2821cfdfde6dd424281fbd&oe=566AF5FE

(He's driving an M3 in FS if anyone wants to follow along: http://sololive.scca.com/)

Kchrpm
September 8th, 2015, 07:57 AM
I'm still waiting on some merch we can buy. Cuda needs to get with Cam and work something out and get it on TeeFury or something!

Random
September 9th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Another class championship for CudaMan, this time driving an M3 in F-Street. Whoomah! :up:

A matching jacket in the F-Street Ladies class for T. :)

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/12003975_947587131965104_2362293683774346388_n.jpg ?oh=780cb9b2dcf0a5ad64674c88aa87232c&oe=565CE631

Random
September 9th, 2015, 12:34 PM
More pics from the (ongoing) event: https://www.facebook.com/solomatters/photos_stream

Maybe next year for me? Hmm.

XHawkeye
September 14th, 2015, 04:38 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO06PGBUwAABW0U.jpg:large

Hard fought weekend at Laguna Seca. 17th to 9th, turned a bad weekend into an OK one. Dusty out there! #hardcharger

XHawkeye
September 14th, 2015, 04:39 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO0J-VUU8AI1NPS.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO0J-arUkAA2Os-.jpg:large

#PWCMRLS ends with a P7 for @JDDavison007 and P9 and Hard Charger Award for @BryanHeitkotter. Great season. #GTR

XHawkeye
September 14th, 2015, 06:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO5c81hUAAARRut.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO5c830VEAEHlrp.jpg:large

That's a big ole' gathering of GT cars. @WCRacing @dsceditor @radiolemans

2ndMoparMan
September 14th, 2015, 06:41 PM
That is a lovely, lovely picture.

Freude am Fahren
September 15th, 2015, 06:40 AM
Indeed! Has there been any news regarding your seat next season, Bryan?

Godson
September 15th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Gt racing is alive !!!

Kchrpm
September 15th, 2015, 08:20 AM
He wasn't able to tell us anything last year until only a couple weeks before the PWC season started when it was officially announced, I would not be surprised if similar happens for next season. Hopefully not, though.

FaultyMario
September 15th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Yeeeerp!!

Freude am Fahren
September 15th, 2015, 01:13 PM
I figured there's a chance it would be announced earlier for a return drive.

Alan P
September 15th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Surely they've got to get him back in and develop the car?

Kchrpm
September 15th, 2015, 01:50 PM
That is definitely a possibility, but there are also international opportunities for which he might be considered. As the turbine turns, these are the days of his life!

Tom Servo
September 17th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Saw that he posted this on Twitter. Nissan has their best PWC season, Bryan gets 10th in the overall driver's championship despite that points-draining penalty early in the season.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/nissan-teams-finish-best-pirelli-world-challenge-season-ever-despite-challenges-at-laguna-seca

XHawkeye
September 18th, 2015, 12:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPNLQH-WgAAEna9.jpg:large

Tomorrow Godzilla is looking for some kerbs to jump...(Only kidding chaps....) (https://twitter.com/RDV69/status/644941913683005440)

IforceV8
October 8th, 2015, 07:29 AM
http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/122441-us-gt-enduro-set-for-six-hour-format

I like this idea for PWC but which Imsa teams have the extra budget to run another endurance race?

Kchrpm
October 8th, 2015, 08:25 AM
So...it's a one-off invitational on the same weekend as the PWC season opener, just to get people to see PWC/GT3 cars?

Oh, wait, it's the first race for a new series, combining major endurance races that were already happening (Spa 24 hours, Bathurst 12 hours and Sepang 12 hours), and they're just trying to get US interest by having a race in the US and inviting whoever they can to come do it.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120890

I'm all for more GT3 racing in the US. I hope they can make it appealing enough to the teams, and then to sponsors.

The359
October 8th, 2015, 10:00 AM
It's another one of Stephane Ratel's ideas that will likely never get off the ground. They already planned to invite (and I think pay for the shipping) of PWC teams to Europe to challenge the Blancpain guys, and no one took him up on that offer. He had good ideas with creating the GT3 formula, but he seems to always have five different ideas for new races/series/championships every year.